Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, nightmeri said:

According to Reddit, some of the Bates boys were in DC today joining in on the havoc/festivities (depending on your feelings about the news). 

It must be nice for the Bates boys to be able to afford to go on little field trips during a pandemic, but as a DC resident who is privileged enough to work from home, today has been one of sheer terror for me as I frantically tried to locate family members who do not share the same privilege. Thank god we are all safe and currently in lockdown.

• Love 24
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

E132209F-65A0-41E9-BC47-61C23732FE08.jpeg

Lol, they didn’t need ugly sweaters, the parents are ugly enough as it is!

11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

A soul sister!  I too had parents like you describe.  The day I married my husband and moved away was the happiest day of my life!

Same. Sweet freedom!  Best decision I ever made to get married and get out!!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

It must be nice for the Bates boys to be able to afford to go on little field trips during a pandemic, but as a DC resident who is privileged enough to work from home, today has been one of sheer terror for me as I frantically tried to locate family members who do not share the same privilege. Thank god we are all safe and currently in lockdown.

It has been a frightening day here. Glad the bates are free and can afford to fly themselves in 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, emma675 said:

So, basically just confirming they are supremacist assholes hiding under the guise of Christianity? UP needs to dump them asap. 

Deleting their videos (which I saw earlier) illustrates that they want to keep their easy money.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
2 hours ago, nightmeri said:

According to Reddit, some of the Bates boys were in DC today joining in on the havoc/festivities (depending on your feelings about the news). 

JillRod's dad also went to Washington. She posted about it on Facebook, I believe.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

2D7AE242-D10A-4D10-A32B-16D1C9F0D099.jpeg

I'll just have the candle.Thanks 🙂

1 hour ago, awaken said:

Lol, they didn’t need ugly sweaters, the parents are ugly enough as it is!

Same. Sweet freedom!  Best decision I ever made to get married and get out!!

^5! Nice to meet you,too 🙂

• Love 5
On 1/5/2021 at 1:38 PM, libgirl2 said:

Everything is taking longer and/or getting lost with Covid. My mom was on Medicaid before she passed in November of 2019. I'm still waiting for them to settle on the bill as they never adjusted it for when my dad died, despite me telling them we would owe more a month. And we had a $2000 dental bill under her plan that I was told not to worry about, it would get settled with Medicaid. I knew it would take a few months, but this is crazy. At this rate, I will be in a nursing home when they come for the money we owe! 

My MIL is in a nursing home with Medicaid.  My understanding is there is no owing money and no bill.  Medicaid pays what it pays and the rest is written off.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, nightmeri said:

I certainly hope UP is aware of this little excursion and what their opinion might be on their network "stars" traveling during a pandemic and participating in a political event that took a violent turn.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I certainly hope UP is aware of this little excursion and what their opinion might be on their network "stars" traveling during a pandemic and participating in a political event that took a violent turn.

I saw on Reddit that people are tweeting their pictures and tagging UP so I'm sure they are aware by now.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
24 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

I saw on Reddit that people are tweeting their pictures and tagging UP so I'm sure they are aware by now.

The question is do they care?  I suspect they don't.  Their programming leads me to believe that their viewers share many of the same beliefs as the Bates.  And there are companies who will continue to advertise.  The network won't do anything unless they lose advertising dollars.  

• Love 1
On 1/6/2021 at 2:43 AM, YupItsMe said:

Nurie is looking so much healthier and loads happier than she did pre-marriage.

Nurie looks good in the treadmill photo. She's thin, but she's tall and has some curves and nice legs. The hair needs a severely good cut, but at least the pound of cheap, pore-clogging makeup seems to be gone.

15 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

Why is Jill so obsessed in posting pictures of food? It’s not her hosting or providing food.

She is answering criticism that the Rods don't feed their children. However, Jill is so dumb she thinks this display of cheap, salty, processed snacks and sugary desserts is impressive. Shrek is hanging around the table, so obviously it appeals to him. 

She's also showing off that they don't need to wear masks or observe rules about gatherings because they are very, very special. Technically, it is possible to play Russian Roulette for a long time, but do sane people really think it's a good idea? 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Me too. I hope MANY informed them of this!

• Love 8
On 1/5/2021 at 8:50 PM, Giant Misfit said:

These people are human embarrassments.

And who's Paw Paw there next to Nathan? He looks even more ridiculous in his slacks, belt, and golf shirt than Shrek does in his Zubaz pants from the 90s.

The kid to the right of Nathan is a Rod boy. He is so emancipated he looks like an old man. F you Jill!!! 

44 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Jill's instagram is back to private, but Facebook says David was on a field trip yesterday too.

I have to ask, what is the point of her constantly turning her Instagram privacy on and off? 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

The kid to the right of Nathan is a Rod boy. He is so emancipated he looks like an old man. F you Jill!!! 

That’s Philip, J&D Rod’s 16-year-old son, and you’re right.  He looks 20 years older than he is, and he’s skin and bones. He’s the one who wants to be a preacher, so I suspect that he fasts a lot, so his siblings can eat.

Edited by farmgal4

I think she wants it to be private right now, but she can't resist the lure of followers.  When she makes it public, all of the new followers are allowed in. So she opens it briefly every so often.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, emma675 said:

I have to ask, what is the point of her constantly turning her Instagram privacy on and off? 

I think Jill has a complicated relationship with criticism. On one hand, she likes it because it feeds her poor persecuted Christian martyr foolishness, but she's too much of a raving narcissist to want to deal with smarter, kinder, better christians (and better people of any or no religion) calling her out. I think it's safe to assume, based on the few posts I could stomach looking at, that a public forum wouldn't be too kind to her right now either. 

Edited by satrunrose
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, satrunrose said:

I think Jill has a complicated relationship with criticism. On one hand, she likes it because it feeds her poor persecuted Christian martyr foolishness, but she's too much of a raving narcissist to want to be deal with smarter, kinder, better christians (and better people of any or no religion) calling her out. I think it's safe to assume, based on the few posts I could stomach looking at, that a public forum wouldn't be too kind to her right now either. 

That would make sense if she allowed comments, but she doesn't. She only gets feedback from FB. 

• Love 3

I am forever happy that Jill never managed to get a TV show and blew up her connection to the Duggar’s!!! Haha!!! If she played nice who knows she might have wormed herself into the Duggar sweet friend category. Maybe even snatched a prized Duggar boy for her daughter.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Jill's instagram is back to private, but Facebook says David was on a field trip yesterday too.

I went to her Facebook and didn't see anything about David although I'm not friends with her. I could see her posts about her dad's "field trip" to D. C. yesterday.

I'm not certain where David was/is. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Temperance said:

I went to her Facebook and didn't see anything about David although I'm not friends with her. I could see her posts about her dad's "field trip" to D. C. yesterday.

I'm not certain where David was/is. 

Interesting! I can still see it (although she buried it under a bunch of 'cute' videos of the kids, a plug for plexus, and another video about women's modesty - sigh). David's delightful visage is front and centre in the pictures. I'm not a Facebook friend of hers, I just googled the name.  

• LOL 2
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

giphy.gif

Man, bad clothes and malnutrition are bitches.

I watched that video earlier. it's so embarrassingly bad.

It did show a few good shots of the location of the boys bedroom, and there is certainly a mattress on the floor.  the boys walk from their room to the girls bedroom and you can see the firetrap set up there . 2 sets of bunks, a twin bed and a toddler bed. all those dressers and now a Etsy product table.....

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That would make sense if she allowed comments, but she doesn't. She only gets feedback from FB. 

She has her FB set so that only “close friends” can comment, so she gets no true feedback there either.  
She has dyed her hair again.  It’s dark blond with auburn streaks running through it.  IMO it looks much better than the blond she usually wears.

• Useful 3
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Another cringeworthy endeavor. 🤦‍♀️

For the curious , no Facebook needed:

What on earth was that?? "Christmas time's no time to diet!" At the very end someone asks "did you make that up?" And Nurie says no and starts to explain about the song but the video cuts off. I've never heard that song before. Actually, Nurie's voice sounded somewhat pretty to me, weird song aside, though I am tone deaf so may not be the best judge. 😊

• Love 7