Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I've even heard the mark will be something like a tattoo or quantum chip on or in the hand or forehead,showing you've had the vaccine.And that the ones claiming it won't take it.I'm thinking as soon as they can't fly or go into their fav restaurant or store,let's see how fast they give in.It won't take long,esp. when there's somewhere they really want to go

Edited by sondraK
  • Love 2

If there's mold in the pumpkins,I hope they don't have an allergic reaction to it.I'm allergic to penicillin,so I'm very careful about checking for mold.My dad accidentally ate some moldy bread once,and he called the Dr.Dr. said as long as he wasn't allergic to penicillin,he would be fine

Edited by sondraK
1 hour ago, Turquoise said:

I think a lot of the people who are losing their mind over it have decided this alleged microchip is the "mark of the Beast" referred to in the book of Revelations. One huge problem: the verse they are using states said mark will be on the forehead or the right hand. I am not aware of any vaccines given in those two areas, nor of any microchip that can magically migrate to those areas after being injected in the upper arm.
AKA Self-righteous, holier-than-thou people misusing the Bible...yet again

Revelation.  the Book of Revelation.  no 's' on the end, fyi.   i was one who worried about that being the 'mark'. i talked to a pastor friend of mine and got some clarification about what Revelation says and so i am not wasting any more energy worrying about it. i may not be first to take the shot but when it comes available i wont fear it for that reason. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, zoomama said:

Revelation.  the Book of Revelation.  no 's' on the end, fyi.   i was one who worried about that being the 'mark'. i talked to a pastor friend of mine and got some clarification about what Revelation says and so i am not wasting any more energy worrying about it. i may not be first to take the shot but when it comes available i wont fear it for that reason. 

It is a good idea to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about and yes, the mark is the forehead or hand. Vaccines are in the arm. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Sometimes I think that they are aliens in goats clothing because they talk to each other and sometimes I swear they are talking human because I can understand what they are saying. 

Not to get too far OT, but on our property we have about an acre of scrub trees, blackberries, and Scotch Broom (big fire hazard) that is on a nasty hill. My husband and I have taken turns over the last two years risking our limbs and potentially ugly encounters with our Territorial Jackass Neighbor to creep down there with a limb saw and tree loppers and whack away at it. Needless to say, Nature is winning. 

So today I found a service called Rent a Ruminant! They bring in a herd of goats and some herding dogs and apparently the goats can happily clear anything and you don’t have to figure out how to get rid of the cut stuff. Genius!

So if Territorial Jackass would either stop trying to sell his house himself for 35% over market and GTFO or just resume spend his winters in Arizona, I can get these goats in and let them have at it!

Back on topic...Jill. Feeding your kids rotten pumpkins is child abuse. And you have now ruined pumpkin pie for me.

• Love 11

Eating rotted jack-o-lantern carcasses- Jill is now officially batshit crazy. That's an upgrade for her really. 

And the microchip thing makes me laugh. These people post non-stop on social media so everyone knows everything anyway, and then how the hell is a microchip going to get through an IM needle? Seriously?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Eating rotted jack-o-lantern carcasses- Jill is now officially batshit crazy. That's an upgrade for her really. 

And the microchip thing makes me laugh. These people post non-stop on social media so everyone knows everything anyway, and then how the hell is a microchip going to get through an IM needle? Seriously?

They're very, very, very tiny. 🤭

• LOL 7

I don't think Jill was cooking jack o'lanterns.  I think she was using decorative pumpkins, but ones that had been left whole.  That's dicey enough if they've been sitting outside 6 to 8 weeks.

9 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

then how the hell is a microchip going to get through an IM needle? Seriously?

Smart and well-informed these people aren't.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Others are claiming that instead of a card ID to show you've had the vaccine,there will be a tattoo or quantum chip placed on the right hand or forehead.I even heard a yt pastor claim this.The problem is,they don't know that for sure! The mark could be unrelated or something totally different.It's not something I waste time worrying about,either

35 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Others are claiming that instead of a card ID to show you've had the vaccine,there will be a tattoo or quantum chip placed on the right hand or forehead.I even heard a yt pastor claim this.The problem is,they don't know that for sure! The mark could be unrelated or something totally different.It's not something I waste time worrying about,either

We need an eye roll emoji.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, sondraK said:

Well I do have a scar from my polio shot, it definitely "marked" those of us that got the shot before the oral vaccine was created.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Bewitched said:

Got my vaccine yesterday.  No visible marks.  My arm didn't even turn red (which is surprising since it usually does with the flu shot).  

Just curious.  How many days before you go back for the 2nd dose?  I think each brand has a different time line.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Just curious.  How many days before you go back for the 2nd dose?  I think each brand has a different time line.

Roughly 21.  I don't have my paperwork in front of me but I'm pretty sure they wanted to schedule our 2nd dose 17-21 days from the first.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, luvbadtv said:

Well I do have a scar from my polio shot, it definitely "marked" those of us that got the shot before the oral vaccine was created.

Ikr? I have a mark on my arm still,from the gun they used to give all 3 doses of the MMR vaccine at once n '72.I had polio on a sugar cube.It didn't taste too bad,really.It was a pink sugar cube.

The thing is,a lot of those claiming the vaccine has aborted fetal baby parts,which are really stem cell lines,have already been exposed to vaccines that carry these cell lines anyway,like I did in '72.

Sometimes I wonder if that's a good thing,in a way? Like maybe I would be less likely to have a reaction to another vaccine that has it,since my body might recognize it from having it previously? Idk enough about microbiology to say for sure,though.Just a thought

• Love 3
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Here in the upper Midwest, squirrels start gleefully gnawing on any pumpkins sitting outside from October onwards.  But I'm sure Jill cut off the parts of the pumpkins that had potentially disease-ridden teeth marks on them before serving them to her..........hmmm, no, never mind.

I was going to say that this year my decorative pumpkins were devoured by squirrels, rabbits, crows, deer, and two very fat raccoons. (I bought a wildlife camera so I could take pictures of them doing it. I needed a new pandemic hobby.) Anyway, I’m sure every one of those creatures has more sense than Jill in general... but that doesn’t mean Jill should follow their diet plan. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
On 12/17/2020 at 8:44 PM, OpieTaylor said:

Something I’ve been wanting to comment on for awhile now is the overly long, too-many-details tributes for birthdays and other events on SM. Ever since we criticized them for impersonal birthday posts, now they write multi-paragraph rambling tributes.

That’s fine if it’s a one-time thing, but what new things are they going to say each year, year after year? Is each kid going to have all these new attributes each year to warrant a 3-paragraph tribute every birthday? 

The sad thing is it would be so easily done if the kids were allowed the tiniest bit of autonomy and personality.

”Every day we are reminded of how lucky we are that God chose us to be Olivia’s parents. With her usual diligence, she considered all of her options carefully before deciding to play the clarinet. (Flute was runner up.) She was able to play happy birthday to herself this morning! She has so many talents and is exploring so many ways to worship the Lord.

”Olivia has been incredibly resilient throughout this past year. She always wears her mask (and reminds us to wear ours!) because she knows that God wants us to help protect all of his children from this horrible disease. She’s been inspired by the devotion of the caregivers we see risking their own lives to care for others and is considering a career in nursing. Her generosity and compassion know no bounds; we see it each day as she interacts with her brothers and sisters.

”Her Girl Scout Troop is now completely online, but that hasn’t stopped them from helping others. It was Olivia’s idea that they should all knit blankets for our isolated neighbors while watching a movie over Zoom. Our sweet friend, the troop leader, even dropped off cookies at each girl’s door so they could enjoy those together while apart!

“We love you SEVERELY, Olivia!”

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Absolom said:

I don't think Jill was cooking jack o'lanterns.  I think she was using decorative pumpkins, but ones that had been left whole.  That's dicey enough if they've been sitting outside 6 to 8 weeks.

Smart and well-informed these people aren't.

I can't imagine this family carving jack o'lanterns. They probably think carved pumpkins are a sign of the devil or something. And it's possible they only got them for Thanksgiving decorations (doubt they do Halloween), so maybe we're talking about pumpkins that are only a few weeks old. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TrixieTrue said:

I can't imagine this family carving jack o'lanterns. They probably think carved pumpkins are a sign of the devil or something. And it's possible they only got them for Thanksgiving decorations (doubt they do Halloween), so maybe we're talking about pumpkins that are only a few weeks old. 

I am too lazy to look back and find the pictures, but if I remember correctly she posted a bunch of them when they went to a pumpkin patch. I remember people commenting on the older kids doing activities that seemed to be very immature. I think it was in October but I could be wrong.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, rue721 said:

Cooking with rotted decorations is just so disgusting to me. What are they thinking?!

And it's supposedly an annual tradition and not just Jill's wacko idea of proving that she does feed her kids.

• LOL 5

Re-using old pumpkins for food?? I want to puke. Much.

Rats might have pissed on them, goodness knows what other critters lurk in Ohio and they are old and probably rotting already. What is wrong with that idiot???

You don't eat or pick anything that is below knee-height, for rats, foxes and other delights will have a nibble or do their business over them. Yuk.

And that pie crust looks gross, even if it is wholemeal. They are not THAT dark.

• Love 7

Not only have my cats had vaccines, each has an embedded microchip. They're indoor cats, but I don't know what they do when I'm asleep. One is a black cat. Uh oh. 

I wish Jill would start an Ask Jill radio call-in show. I'd like to ask her if my cats are spying on humans and sending data to the deep state and Bill Gates. Maybe there are microchipped pets in Jill's neighborhood, and she doesn't know they are gathering data on how often she brings in enough groceries to feed the entire family more than once a week.  I'd like to give her something new to rattle around in that empty space between her ears.  

Edited by BradandJanet
edited for accuracy
  • LOL 17
On 12/18/2020 at 10:28 AM, crazy8s said:

why is there a box of aunt Jemima pancake mix on the counter by the pie crust making? is that what they are using as pie crust?

I did a quick google search and apparently you can use pancake mix for a pie crust.  It seems most people use it when making chicken pot pies.

• Useful 7
47 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Her other post today was worse.

Are you referring to the “This Little Light of Mine” post?  When Jill does her Minute With Jill routine, we are all SO blessed to hear her singing.  Jill is MULTI-talented! 😬 

• LOL 5

Just wondering, has anyone ever seen pics of David interacting with his kids? Has there ever been a "Hi, this is Totally Not Jill and definitely one of my- er- the Severely appreciative children" posts for him?

Also, I'm apparently unspeakable slutish sitting here in my polkadot fleece pants or going out in public with my friend's kids, but "Baby it's Cold Outside" is a-okay. Riiiiightttt

Edited by satrunrose
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

Are you referring to the “This Little Light of Mine” post?  When Jill does her Minute With Jill routine, we are all SO blessed to hear her singing.  Jill is MULTI-talented! 😬 

I think it was the Anne Frank one. Despicable. 

13 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

No no no!  He can NOT wear a Packers shirt!  That’s my team and I want absolutely nothing in common with him!

RIGHT?!??!?!? As a diehard Wisconsinite, Packers were embedded into my life at birth!

Do they even know football or even watch it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Tigregirl said:

No no no!  He can NOT wear a Packers shirt!  That’s my team and I want absolutely nothing in common with him!

LOL. I'm a Bears fan, so I didn't even notice. 

Maybe a gift from Timbits? Wasn't his school 2.0 in Wisconsin?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Madtown said:

RIGHT?!??!?!? As a diehard Wisconsinite, Packers were embedded into my life at birth!

Do they even know football or even watch it?

IIRC Jill posted some semi-coherent rant back when the Washington NFL franchise dropped the "Redskins" from their name which is now The Washington Football Team. I believe she said she and Shrek were longtime deep-dyed fans of the team and she was all nasty about the name change. I don't recall all the deets of her screed but it doesn't surprise me that they are now sporting Packers gear. You know, a big statement of their hate in the name of Jesus for their old team, and support of another team instead. BTW, that NFL garb ain't cheap. Unless they bought some blackmarket knockoffs or some gear that "fell off a truck," they handed over some serious coin for that Packer stuff.  Must have taken it out of the kids' food budget. 

They are so vile.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 10

I understand that some kids are just naturally slender. My daughter was usually between the 3-5 percentile of weight, and sometimes under that for weight to height. But she was very healthy, and active, and could eat a horse, and she didn’t look unwell (and she regularly saw a paediatrician, who told me she was fine). She’s still like that as a teen.

That poor child above just looks sickly. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Monkeyrocks said:

I understand that some kids are just naturally slender. My daughter was usually between the 3-5 percentile of weight, and sometimes under that for weight to height. But she was very healthy, and active, and could eat a horse, and she didn’t look unwell (and she regularly saw a paediatrician, who told me she was fine). She’s still like that as a teen.

That poor child above just looks sickly. 

My nephew was the same. Really lean, but still had muscle tone and healthy color in his cheeks. Poor Sofia looks so sallow and malnourished. The slackened skin on her face is a dead giveaway she's not getting proper nutrients.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

I'm so sure Sophia understands the reason for her baptism, of course she does Jill. Jill is just an awful human.

She probably understands that hell is some awful, awful place she will go to unless she lets an old man dunk her in cold, dirty water. How old is Sophia anyway? 

This is terrible to say, but I can see Jill succeeding in a middle management position in hell. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

It's her next to last post:

chad_erinpaine

Verified

As I scurry around making a promised pancake breakfast for my kids, my mind is racing with all the things I need to accomplish today: school with Carson, cleaning the house, getting myself and the kids ready, shopping for last-minute Christmas gifts, quality time with Chad, working at the boutique, time with Jesus, prepping for dinner, and folding the laundry that has been patiently waiting on me...
Although I love doing these things, sometimes it can feel overwhelming being pulled in so many directions, but in the hustle and bustle of it all, I hear God quietly whisper, “What are the most important things you do every day?” While I stop to ponder on this question, I realize these are my top 3 priorities each day:

1. Time with Jesus
2. Quality time with Chad
3. Teaching my children about the Lord

I know I cannot negate the responsibilities I have as a wife and mother, but I want to make this the emphasis of every single day, because if I don’t have a strong and deepening relationship with Jesus, then every other relationship will be effected by that. When I am constantly being filled with things that will help me grow and thrive in these areas, joy and love will naturally overflow into the lives of the people around me and I will be the vessel that I am called to be. I’m just reminding myself today to not get carried away in the busyness of life and focus on the temporal rather than the eternal. 🤍

2d

• Useful 1

I'm a former christian, so maybe I don't remember being taught this,  but really feeding and caring for your children comes after teaching them about Jesus? 

Maybe we have hit on why JillR is such a horrible mother- she wasn't told she had to feed her kids.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6