Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill basically admitted in her Minute bit today that it's more important to feed your kids religion than it is to feed them food. She actually dismissed food, clothing, and something else that I can't remember as "also important, but..."

She practically made it an either/or proposition. After watching her say that, her Dickens children make so much more sense.

The third optional item is education, I believe. Jill has spouted this message before. It's sad to think that she sees her children as nothing more than canon fodder in God's army, and their health and happiness make no difference to her. She sees herself as deserving of food, clothes, jewelry, shopping trips, and other earthly goodies, and Shrek is obviously not missing any meals. 

• Love 3

but more important than feeding your kids religion, it seems, is your kids buying you flowers and teddy bears, writing bad poems and posts on mama's fb page to let everyone know she is the best mama ever

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

If something happened to Jill and she dies, how would that impact the kids? Do you think they would continue on like this, or would they be a bit freed?

Interesting question. I imagine Shrek would remarry as quickly as possible to avoid having to do any work raising his children. The good news is that while he may find a woman as bad as Jill, he's unlikely to find anyone worse. He may accidentally find a decent person. A woman who is not narcissistic, dumb as a rock, lazy, greedy, vain, and completely selfish could crack open a door in the lives of those kids.  

• Love 10

1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

If something happened to Jill and she dies, how would that impact the kids? Do you think they would continue on like this, or would they be a bit freed?

If Jill died Nurie & Nathan would be roped in to taking care of her siblings.

I don’t see David remarrying unless there’s a 30-40 fundie virgin out there a la Jana. If there was someone’s adult daughter who had never been married and was done raising siblings, they would likely be coerced into marrying David.  Isn’t David’s mom still alive too?  I could see her raising the kids as well.

Plus I’m not convinced that David isn’t just as crazy as Jill, she’s just the louder one.  I wouldn’t guarantee life improves for them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Saylii said:

If Jill died Nurie & Nathan would be roped in to taking care of her siblings.

I don’t see David remarrying unless there’s a 30-40 fundie virgin out there a la Jana. If there was someone’s adult daughter who had never been married and was done raising siblings, they would likely be coerced into marrying David.  Isn’t David’s mom still alive too?  I could see her raising the kids as well.

Plus I’m not convinced that David isn’t just as crazy as Jill, she’s just the louder one.  I wouldn’t guarantee life improves for them.

I agree and I could see David working on another passel of children with the new wife.  

• Love 1
16 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I'm one of those who made fun of the Rodriquez sister's earrings. But on second thought I really feel bad for these young women.They are not allowed to work outside of their home. They probably want some way to make some money so they can have some nice things. They are woefully undereducated and clearly have no skills in jewelry making. They are simply waiting around for a fundie man to come along and marry them. It is sad. 

More likely to buy JIll Christmas presents 😞

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Snow Fairy said:

There is really someone who finds David a good catch? Wow

It never ceases to amaze me how so many women would rather marry a deadbeat like David than be alone.  From fundie women like Tabitha Paine to seemingly normal women who insist that a man, any man, is preferable to living single with a pet and a few toys.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope they give her earrings, a card and an air freshener.

the thing I found truly hilarious about the air fresheners was one scent option is "Lovespell"

seems a defrauding thing to offer both by making/selling it and what if the person who got it opened it next a person not intended for them by god or something.....??

• LOL 13
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

the thing I found truly hilarious about the air fresheners was one scent option is "Lovespell"

seems a defrauding thing to offer both by making/selling it and what if the person who got it opened it next a person not intended for them by god or something.....??

Hopefully a guy buys it for his boyfriend and the NNs are indirectly sanctioning a homosexual relationship.

• LOL 22
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

I also found that one hilarious.  It's obviously a rip off of the once super popular Victoria's Secret scent Love Spell.  I laugh on so many levels from the VS connection to their fragrance oil supplier's lazy-ass name--for legal reasons they cannot call it love spell so they will just get rid of the space to throw the VS lawyers off their scent.  Back in my day, the knockoffs at least had a jazzy name.  

• LOL 4
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Out of the reject pile of items that weren't quite good enough to put into the shop. 😈

You don't really believe there is a reject pile after looking at those pictures, do you?

• LOL 19
1 minute ago, Normades said:

You don't really believe there is a reject pile after looking at those pictures, do you?

the site now claims lots of people have the stuff in their cart or 7 people are putting one of everything in their cart.

they can't be making any money - 5 cards for $7 and they have free shipping?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

the site now claims lots of people have the stuff in their cart or 7 people are putting one of everything in their cart.

It looks like they used Dollar Store paper and stickers for the cards. Maybe they were able to buy the scents and pleather there as well.

• Love 4

This 50 year-old cat turd has appeared on Duggar Pains before, so I feel completely justified putting this here. He was hoping for 1,000 people. And even though wearing a mask has absolutely nothing to do with politics, I deleted the politician’s name that appeared in this article.

Former Growing Pains heartthrob turned evangelical Christian Kirk Cameron tested the limits of California’s regional stay at home order Sunday evening by hosting an enormous crowd in the parking lot of the Oaks mall in Thousand Oaks to sing Christmas carols sans masks.

Although footage of the festivities was published by TMZ, there’s no official estimate of how many people showed up, but Cameron did say in a promotional video for the event that he and the event’s cosponsors, Sing it Louder U.S.A., hoped to double the turnout for a caroling sesh at another location the previous weekend, where approximately 500 people turned up.

According to TMZ, the Oaks lot was “absolutely packed” and “literally swarms of people were huddled up, not wearing masks and singing their hearts and lungs out…breathing up a storm.”

The one-time Tiger Beat cover model, who slipped his teen idol image to star in such films as Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas and the Left Behind apocalypse trilogy, says the gathering—where lyric sheets and candles were handed out—was aimed specifically at  ...and the state’s most recent stay at home order.

“Have you ever sung Christmas carols by candlelight at a time when your ... has prohibited you from doing that?” Cameron, who also boosted the sing-along on Instagram, asks in the video. “In America? Well, this is something that is truly happening. You can’t make this up. It is such an uplifting, inspirational, and encouraging time, we want you to join us.”

Billing the evening as “part town hall meeting, part worship service,” Cameron promised, “If you love God, if you love Christmas, and if you love liberty, you’re not going to want top miss it.”

Despite Cameron’s stated desire to melodically rage against ... machine, it’s doubtful that he and his fellow songsters actually violated any rules. The regional stay at home order, which currently applies to Ventura County, prohibits gathering with people from other households, but makes an exception for religious services and protests. (As the order states, “Worship and political expression are permitted outdoors, consistent with existing guidance for those activities.”)

Mall security did reportedly call the Thousand Oaks police to check out the scene, but responding officers merely encouraged the revelers to mask-up and left.

Cameron’s religious awakening—which began during the final season of Growing Pains in 1992—caused tension among the cast that lasted even until their 2000 reunion with The Growing Pains Movie. At the time, Alan Thicke, Joanna Kerns, and Tracey Gold revealed that Cameron had not invited them to his mid-90s wedding, and they hadn’t invited him to any of theirs.

“If I’d invited him, he probably wouldn’t have come,” Gold said at the time. Cameron countered, “I totally would have come—I wasn’t invited.”

• Love 2
1 hour ago, crazy8s said:

I doubt they understand how making money actually works -- that you're not making money unless you get paid something for your effort, skill and time. I expect they think that if they get paid a  bit more for the cards than they paid for the materials and postage, then they're making money. 

I can't see their parents filling them in on what kind of return you should get for working. 

How you gonna keep down in the barndominium if they find out anything about how the world actually works? 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1

I'm sure all the accounts with things in their carts are Jill or the "kids" and I put kids in quotes because those would be Jill, too.

• Love 14

I side-eye Etsy’s “other people are looking at this” statistics. Same with eBay. I’ve seen too many things that supposedly a bunch of others are “watching” that somehow are still available weeks later.

It’s just a FOMO sales tactic.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
17 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I side-eye Etsy’s “other people are looking at this” statistics. Same with eBay. I’ve seen too many things that supposedly a bunch of others are “watching” that somehow are still available weeks later.

It’s just a FOMO sales tactic.

I agree.  I was looking at an item on Etsy last week where the seller only had one but somehow 6 other people had it in their cart.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

This 50 year-old cat turd has appeared on Duggar Pains before, so I feel completely justified putting this here. He was hoping for 1,000 people. And even though wearing a mask has absolutely nothing to do with politics, I deleted the politician’s name that appeared in this article.

He is a moron. 

• Love 15
On 12/12/2020 at 3:38 PM, ginger90 said:

From a video announcing their business, not only do you get a product made by them, it’s already been worn, in a pierced ear. Yay?!

4D6613CE-B6D1-4DCA-9C47-6F3C4B594757.jpeg

Why is her head twice the size of her entire torso???

47 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

He is a moron. 

Worse, he’s a smug moron. We need a new word...smugoron? Smoron? Morug? Moronug?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Worse, he’s a smug moron. We need a new word...smugoron? Smoron? Morug? Moronug?

Because most of her food goes to Jill and Shrek (plus, I think its a bad camera angle)

I like Smoron. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill's all salty now because FB and IG are flagging her conspiracy theory posts. She thinks it's an attack on her freedom of speech. It's pretty hilarious watching her melt down. 🤣🤣🤣

I checked out her page for the first time. Yikes! She is insane. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I have been thinking on this today. the whole war on christmas silliness and need to gather. do they not think it will be a day to celebrate the birth of their jesus if they are alone at home? the first christmas was a baby in a stable, with the parents and not many others so the story goes. 

war on christmas haha - christians have made it a show and churches know christmas services are great for the collection plate

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, her War on Christmas post was especially extra. It won't be long before she goes public again. 

Her FB is public. It seems she posts the same stuff there too. She did a freaking (fake) "unboxing" of Plexus rewards.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill's all salty now because FB and IG are flagging her conspiracy theory posts. She thinks it's an attack on her freedom of speech. It's pretty hilarious watching her melt down. 🤣🤣🤣

I’m shocked, SHOCKED I say, that Jill doesn’t understand what freedom of speech means. Facebook can do whatever the hell it wants, and if she doesn’t like it she can go elsewhere.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

Do we know if Jill is on Parler yet? I feel like she would either find an audience there or it could totally backfire and be even worse than FB or Instagram. I avoid Parler like the plague but it sounds like a crazy place. Jill could fit right in. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, emma675 said:

Do we know if Jill is on Parler yet? I feel like she would either find an audience there or it could totally backfire and be even worse than FB or Instagram. I avoid Parler like the plague but it sounds like a crazy place. Jill could fit right in. 

If she’s hasn’t started an account on Parler, it’s only because she hasn’t heard about it yet.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I do as well. I don't think my BP could take it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Those earrings are ginormous and her hands look like toddler hands.  What a bizarre picture

• Love 5

funny all the people i know who were vocal on "being persecuted/censored" on fb, and made a giant noise about leaving the evil site and joining Parler, amazingly all opened a new fb page immediately with their name spelled a bit different.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I agree.  I was looking at an item on Etsy last week where the seller only had one but somehow 6 other people had it in their cart.  

Until you buy it, it's still for sale... a hundred people could put it in their cart, but it only disappears once someone actually checks out. I have been known to keep items in my etsy cart for lengthy periods.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Does she know about Parler? I think they’re calling her name.

5 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

I’m shocked, SHOCKED I say, that Jill doesn’t understand what freedom of speech means. Facebook can do whatever the hell it wants, and if she doesn’t like it she can go elsewhere.

I’ve had to school sooo many people on fb about the meaning of “freedom of speech.” They don’t seem to understand that it doesn’t apply at all to social media.

• Love 6