Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, drafan said:

Why is Derek Hough posing with two Bates boys? Are they selling sunglasses on QVC?

I think I just pulled a muscle from snort-laughing so hard. 🤣  

11 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They also all belong to cults. 

+++++++++++++++1000000.

And I'm confused, shouldn't we call "Nike" on the ginormous belt-buckle worn by the tiny poser in the middle?  Or is that just for girls?

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I will refrain from commenting on JillR's comparison of apples and rocks.

I find it amazing that a 4 year old can comprehend being saved. Ask a kid who has never seen a starfish to explain it. You'll likely get a dozen different answers. Then can you imagine asking that child to let a starfish into their heart and save them and forgive them of their sins.

I'm sure some would think it would hurt to let something into their heart. Others would wonder if starfish carry band aids with them, for when they need saving. Others might think the starfish in the sky watch them steal an extra cookie or hit their sibling.

All rather scary concepts. But yup, 4 year old Sophia is saved.

• Love 23

I'm glad little Sofia has unburdened herself of all her sins. She must have had a lot at age four.

The poor child always looks like her next stop is an ad for St. Jude Hospital--very thin, sallow complexion, and sparse hair. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I'm glad little Sofia has unburdened herself of all her sins. She must have had a lot at age four.

The poor child always looks like her next stop is an ad for St. Jude Hospital--very thin, sallow complexion, and sparse hair. 

And look how big Jill’s hand looks next to poor Sophia’s tiny body.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

WTF kind of sins could a 5 year old have that she needs to confess to God and be saved? Does she even comprehend the meaning of being a sinner? Of being saved? I'm Catholic and we have infant baptism to "wash away" original sin. The only trauma for the infant is maybe being scared of the water, but in all honesty, I don't think most parents or attendees even give serious thought that the baby is a sinner. Heck, the baby is not a sinner! A Christening has always meant to me made an official member of the church. 

The person who should be confessing is her awful mother (and father) for letting her starve. Sorry she looks exactly as you say and I don't blame genes, I blame not giving her enough or healthy enough food. If anyone is a sinner its David and Jill. 

• Love 16
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So Jill can post that cartoon and declare that the world doesn't CARE about Jesus, but when her OWN DAUGHTER is SAVED, she says nothing for "a couple weeks." It is such a PRIORITY for her. Got it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8

Wow, if you didn't know who Jill was, I would have immediately thought that this was a "my precious little girl finally beat cancer" pictures.  Sometimes it's heartbreaking to see pictures of her kids, even the older ones.

• Love 8

That poor little baby bird of a child has actual and visible black rings around her sunken eyes (and not due to clown level make-up, as are her Mother's).  😞 

That picture truly tugs at your heart. 

• Love 2
(edited)

There are new pictures of the newest Maxwell grandchild Elliot Rex, on both the Maxwell blog and Chelsy Bontrager Maxwell's blog Chelsy Renee. It's Chelsy's second son/child. She has a not yet 1 month year old Elliot Rex and 18 month year old Axton John.  Her husband is John Maxwell. 

Both blogs feature pictures of the baby with some of them taken by Sarah Maxwell. Chelsy's blog has a lot more photos and details. Some notable things. 

Chelsy hasn't been social distancing. She took a picture of herself in a public restroom at 40 weeks pregnant with no mask. A few days after the baby was born, she introduced the baby to Grandma Gigi. Gigi is John's grandmother and 88 years old.  She also says that the baby is named after Gigi's late husband Rex. 

She also shows a picture no masks of their first outing. "Our first outing as a family of four was chiropractor appointments for Elliot and me."

Is this a fundie thing? One of the Bates, Carlin?, took her baby to a chiropractor.  Actually the biggest fundies I know in real life are chiropractors too, but is there a reason a baby needs a chiropractor?

Edited by Temperance
more accurate age
  • Love 2
(edited)

My babies were baldies at birth and then towheads. By age 5 they had full heads of hair. Whether its malnutrition or something else, I find it worrisome that Sophia's hair looks odd.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

My babies were baldies at birth and then towheads. By age 5 they had full heads of hair. Whether's its malnutrition or something else, I find it worrisome that Sophia's hair looks odd.

Yeah, Sophia would be old enough to go to kindergarten this fall, and I've never seen a kindergartner with such little hair.

• Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Yeah, Sophia would be old enough to go to kindergarten this fall, and I've never seen a kindergartner with such little hair.

What?! The Rod kid is old enough for kindergarten?! When I first glanced at the picture, I thought she was a toddler, and a sickly one at that. How depressing. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2
On 7/5/2020 at 4:11 PM, doodlebug said:

And not just any funeral; the services for a group of young children, all related, who died in a terrible house fire. The family being people that Jill did not know, had never met; but she decided to crash their childrens' services and take photos anyway.

Don't forget to tell the part about how Jill livestresmed the whole funeral of these dead childrens' funeral. Children unknown and unrelated to her. 

The Rods were out traveling in their RV and detoured many miles to attend this funeral.  Jill and her three oldest daughters all had huge, ear to ear grins, in front of the caskets, for their selfie.

And, of course, Jill had to loudly over-sing all of the mourners with her falsetto.

1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Is this a fundie thing? One of the Bates, Carlin?, took her baby to a chiropractor.  Actually the biggest fundies I know in real life are chiropractors too, but is there a reason a baby needs a chiropractor?

It's not just a fundie thing, but it is a chiropractic thing.  I've had several patients who either were chiropractors or married to one.  In every case, they wanted to 'adjust' the baby's spine almost immediately after birth, like within minutes.  One of them told me that going through the birth canal caused major spinal derangement and it was extremely important that the baby's spine be properly re-aligned as soon as possible after birth.  If chiropractors do it with their own kids, I'm sure they recommend it to their clients.

I think chiropractic can work for a lot of musculoskeletal problems and I've even used a chiropractor myself.  But, babies getting their spine out of whack from being born?  Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me.

25 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

See, Jill loves (and Kaylee) too! Here's proof! 🙄

Why does Kaylee have a bird's nest on top of her head?  Is that what is causing her to grimace in pain?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Kaylee, grab the food and attention while you can. Best Mama's list of favorites changes by the day. That's what narcissists do. 

Does Jill's hilarious, outdated eye makeup get heavier the more persecuted she feels? I hope so. Please continue. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It's not just a fundie thing, but it is a chiropractic thing.  I've had several patients who either were chiropractors or married to one.  In every case, they wanted to 'adjust' the baby's spine almost immediately after birth, like within minutes.  One of them told me that going through the birth canal caused major spinal derangement and it was extremely important that the baby's spine be properly re-aligned as soon as possible after birth.  If chiropractors do it with their own kids, I'm sure they recommend it to their clients.

I think chiropractic can work for a lot of musculoskeletal problems and I've even used a chiropractor myself.  But, babies getting their spine out of whack from being born?  Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me.

Back in 1980, I worked as a "chiropractic assistant".  I had no training but the chiropractor taught me to take blood pressures and also take the x-rays!  (Always ask your chiropractor if he uses real, educated and registered radiologic technologists.  I did eventually become one).

When my baby was born, the chiropractor came to my house when the baby was three days old to adjust him.   He gave classes about the trauma our spines endure during routine, non traumatic birth!

He was also vehemently against hospital births and vaccinations.

He was a Seventh Day Adventist. I was young and single and became a SDA, for a while.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

See, Jill loves (and Kaylee) too! Here's proof! 🙄

That "smile" on Kaylee is absolutely horrifying. 

Although perhaps not much more horrifying than the photo of the Bates boys up above. This whole damn page terrifies me. Looking at my fellow citizens here..."God Bless America," indeed. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm waiting for the day when Kaylee actually smiles rather than grimaces. It may be a while. 😢

Not while she's living with best mama😞

• Love 5
(edited)

I just noticed that she hasn't turned off comments!

Nevermind, I went back to the original IG post, and she's rectified that. 😱

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • LOL 2
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I just noticed that she hasn't turned off comments!

Nevermind, I went back to the original IG post, and she's rectified that. 😱

I'm on IG because of friends who post pictures.   I don't know my way around it but is it possible she made them private so that only some people can comment?  I imagine it must be difficult to not be able to take in the positive praises without having to deal with a whole lot of truthful negative comments.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

I couldn't find one of my dogs because he was hiding because he had a vet appointment. I went on YouTube and had Lawson Bates singing he started howling and gave away his hiding spot. 

OMG I can't stop laughing at this.

You've just done some important research for potential psychological warfare tactics. 😉 Watch out, Noriega's ghost. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

She really does look like a mannequin! 

ugh, I wish Nurie could get someone to update her make up, get some modern clothes and a pixie cut and she could look actually quite pretty.

Nathan, not sure there would be any hope except a dermatologist.

I'm really concerned about their future kids’ head shapes and noses though.

• Love 4

Holy cow, those pictures are hilarious and so cringe worthy! Nurie looks like the fundy version of one of those "real doll" sex dolls. Seriously, she looks plastic. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

Those are the most embarrassing engagement photos I have ever seen, but I will say that they look genuinely happy in at least a few of them. Maybe this marriage will turn out OK after all 🤞🤞😅

• Love 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Is acne a dirty word? And why didn’t she give some to Nathan? And if Plexus helped people lose weight, her husband wouldn’t be obese.

43E12ABB-8549-4C6D-AAA1-53D5D3A5984B.jpeg

Yes. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Is acne a dirty word? And why didn’t she give some to Nathan? And if Plexus helped people lose weight, her husband wouldn’t be obese.

43E12ABB-8549-4C6D-AAA1-53D5D3A5984B.jpeg

Didn't Plexus get in trouble recently for making false claims about its ability to cure medical conditions? I think Jill is trying to skirt around that by not saying the whole word. Should have left it at "red bumps."

• Useful 6
  • Love 2