Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

She really does look like a mannequin! 

ugh, I wish Nurie could get someone to update her make up, get some modern clothes and a pixie cut and she could look actually quite pretty.

Nathan, not sure there would be any hope except a dermatologist.

I'm really concerned about their future kids’ head shapes and noses though.

As a retired make up artist...I can attest to the fact that she needs a make over...but blame it on the Kardashians and their penchant for brown contour...brown make up absorbs light...and all she wears is BROWN based make up...she needs pure pigment...go to some japanese based make up tutorials on youtube for a refreshing look...NO CONTOUR , BRONZER OR brown based lip color!! the best way to determine whether a make up is brown based is to take blank matte business cards when you shop for make up...test the base of the color by smearing it across the card...you will be able to tell what the base of the color is...brown or gray based is used as a filler too....the way I used to explain it to clients is like buying paint...paint color absorbs light if the base is brown - meaning white added ..vs...the base is white --the color is added....(hope that makes sense)...anyway....the dark color on her lips makes them look smaller....she needs a nice bright berry stain with a touch of gloss...and by the way...the natasha denona blush colors at Sephora are a gorgeous start...BUT...smudge on the blank business card stock...!!!

• Useful 9
  • Love 5

Adds a whole new meaning to the term, "face palm":

79075358_ScreenShot2020-07-08at6_28_42AM.thumb.png.13056fd327a23828a252905263712b44.png

Love how Jill calls this a "photoshoot." This wasn't a "photoshoot" -- this was Jill snapping pics on her phone without concern for composition, lighting, or color correction. It does appear that Nuri's face benefited from some Facetuning where Nathan's ... uh, did not.

I wonder what its like to have any kind of physical contact with a love interest when you've spent your entire life basically never being touched?

Most folks grow up hugging and touching others, including friends, family and even strangers, from birth. A soothing rub on a shoulder, a sweet kiss on the cheek, falling in a friend's arms laughing, a full on frontal hug after missing someone, a snuggle in a lap after a hard day, etc.

Do these Fundy soon-to-be-married bodies stiffen (not that part 🙃) and cringe when touched? Do they come alive with sexual urgings at the slightest non-sexual touch?

I didn't grow up in a touchy feely home, but there were no rules about it. And hugging others could be, at times, a tad uncomfortable, but pretty much eh, okay we're done now. Once I had my own kids I became very touchy feely with them and everyone (ya, so watch out, I'm one of those people).

I'm just curious, maybe too curious, as to how all these Fundy imposed chaste rules affect folks physically as well as emotionally.

• Love 13
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Elliot isn't even a month old yet. He shares his birthday with me, and that was the 19th. So, she took a two week old infant to a chiropractor. WTF???

Elliot was my late cat's name. I have some odd pictures going through my head.

1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

79075358_ScreenShot2020-07-08at6_28_42AM.thumb.png.13056fd327a23828a252905263712b44.png

Love how Jill calls this a "photoshoot." This wasn't a "photoshoot" -- this was Jill snapping pics on her phone without concern for composition, lighting, or color correction. It does appear that Nuri's face benefited from some Facetuning where Nathan's ... uh, did not.

I don't get the face thing. Is that supposed to be him caressing her face? If so, its not working. He is rather unfortunate looking, I only hope he is a kind man for Nurie's sake. She looks happy.

• Love 12
(edited)
59 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't get the face thing. Is that supposed to be him caressing her face? If so, its not working. He is rather unfortunate looking, I only hope he is a kind man for Nurie's sake. She looks happy.

He looks like he's checking to see if she has a fever.

And yes, he's no prize in the face department. (But then neither am I.) I also hope he's kind to her. Her parents are toxic, and his parents appear to be stern, cold, Bible-thumping fundies. I hope Nurie and Nathan can find happiness together.

ETA: @Dimi1, thanks for sharing the makeup expertise. I know next to nothing about that subject, usually deeply distrust what random salespeople in stores are eager to tell (aka sell) me, and appreciate it when someone shares knowledge I can trust. Now that I've read your comments on Nurie's makeup, it's easy for me to see what you mean when I look at her photos. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 14

The pictures of Nathan touching Nurie’s face look like what would happen if Forest Gump went blind and decided to feel some random stranger’s face to “see” what she looks like. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

If those are "engagement" pictures, I can't wait for the wedding photos. I don't know if the wedding photos could be anymore cringeworthy than the engagment ones, but I'm sure Jill will try her best.

I do feel bad for Nurie in the sense that she'll be pregnant within months of their wedding night because she knows nothing else, like every fundy girl. Plus, I don't see Jill ever leaving those two alone for more than a month. She'll be there all the time and she'll probably never leave once the first child is born. Ugh, I wouldn't wish that life on my worst enemy..

12 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

He looks like he's checking to see if she has a fever.

And yes, he's no prize in the face department. (But then neither am I.) I also hope he's kind to her. Her parents are toxic, and his parents appear to be stern, cold, Bible-bashing fundies. I hope Nurie and Nathan can find happiness together.

I don't know a lot about the Kellers but Priscilla seems like a warm person, maybe he his too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, Triple P said:

Didn't Plexus get in trouble recently for making false claims about its ability to cure medical conditions? I think Jill is trying to skirt around that by not saying the whole word. Should have left it at "red bumps."

Yep, Plexus was claiming it boosted the immune system which would help the body fight off viruses and the FDA told them to knock it off.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Madtown said:

If those are "engagement" pictures, I can't wait for the wedding photos. I don't know if the wedding photos could be anymore cringeworthy than the engagment ones, but I'm sure Jill will try her best.

I do feel bad for Nurie in the sense that she'll be pregnant within months of their wedding night because she knows nothing else, like every fundy girl. Plus, I don't see Jill ever leaving those two alone for more than a month. She'll be there all the time and she'll probably never leave once the first child is born. Ugh, I wouldn't wish that life on my worst enemy..

I can't imagine going from nothing but holding hands to your first kiss and sex in the same day. I would have to have good chemistry to make it work.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

See, Jill loves (and Kaylee) too! Here's proof! 🙄

Why am I not surprised Jill's doughnut is sitting right on the table, no napkin or anything. 

13 hours ago, Madtown said:

O.M.G. Those photos had me roaring! Wtf is with Nathan touching her face and her standing there like a fucking manniequin?

All these photos prove is just how immature and out of touch they are. I don't know if I'll ever stop laughing...

The face touching one is just tragically cringey. Soooo uncomfortable for them. Plus, shouldn't engagement photos been taken well before the wedding shower? 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Yep, Plexus was claiming it boosted the immune system which would help the body fight off viruses and the FDA told them to knock it off.

I've seen some Fundies shilling Plexus who still claim that it wards off viruses (went down a rabbit hole of FB stalking after watching a doc on Amazon Prime about a Fundie arranged marriage [watch it everyone, it's terrifying!]). I guess in the absence of them wearing masks and not social distancing, they have to believe in something. 

I love how Jill is fixated on Plexus helping people lose weight when Shrek is obese from all his evening snacks and she's out there drinking 1,000-calorie DD coffee drinks.

On 7/7/2020 at 8:56 AM, BradandJanet said:

I'm glad little Sofia has unburdened herself of all her sins. She must have had a lot at age four.

The poor child always looks like her next stop is an ad for St. Jude Hospital--very thin, sallow complexion, and sparse hair. 

I helped teach a 4-5 year old Sunday school class many years ago.  We were lucky to get the kids to say one thing they were thankful for or how they help mom and dad.  

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Triple P said:

Didn't Plexus get in trouble recently for making false claims about its ability to cure medical conditions?

Yep, the FTC has warned them more than once about the unsupported claims they make. Most recently for claiming on social media that their stuff is effective against Covid 19. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Perhaps after she's married, Nurie will stumble across a cookbook at a second-hand shop and bring it home, where she will learn to prepare healthy foods that will not only increase her weight, but clear up her husband's skin.  And three months after the wedding, we will all be shocked and awed by how happy and healthy they both look!

Or more likely, Nurie will be green with morning sickness and Nathan will look the same.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Why am I not surprised Jill's doughnut is sitting right on the table, no napkin or anything. 

God will protect her from getting sick;she's special,dont'cha know? LOL

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Awkward photoshoot done the day of the wedding shower.

And those two are going to have sex this month . Goodl luck with that . 

10 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Nice tree.

• LOL 13

I really hope that Nurie doesn't get knocked up too quickly; I do worry for her health. She needs a year of decent eating to add some healthy pounds. As it is, I don't know if her body could sufficiently and safely carry a child to term. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I don't know how to do a screen shot from Instagram stories, but I need you all to know that Jill is hawking Plexus for kids in her Instagram story! 

Oh my goodness, we need @ginger90!

• Love 2

Warning letter directly from the FTC dated June 5th.  There were multiple letters sent in this round, some based on income claims and others on health claims.  Jill is towing a dangerous line with her post.  It's actually quite easy to make a complaint to the FTC when you see anyone making either type of claim.  I found this article that goes more in depth regarding the other MLMs that received letters.  It does require ad blocker to be disabled to read, sorry!

• Love 6
(edited)

@sixlets

Did you see the slides at the end of story? Those show an ad for Plexus supplement for children.

Also, thank you for grabbing those pictures. 

Edited by Triple P
Edited today thank you!
  • Love 3
(edited)

"Sleep to be depraved"?? Dear god she's teaching her children? 

She should be locked up. Though crimes against the english language are her lesser offenses.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

That second picture of the kids in the front row listening to the sermon cracks me up. Every single one of them looks miserable and bored. 

It's painful to imagine how many sermons -- and most of them bad sermons -- those poor kids have listened to......and have yet to listen to. 

Didn't notice any grooming-for-molestation photos at this conference. So if that reflects the truth, I guess we should be thankful for small favors. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

The face touching one is just tragically cringey. Soooo uncomfortable for them. Plus, shouldn't engagement photos been taken well before the wedding shower? 

the angles in her picture with Kaylee seem odd. Did she photoshop her in the picture? 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

You know what else supplements gaps in kids diets? Actually feeding your children!

Kids can be picky and need supplements. That said, Jill apparently goes straight to the Plexus.

• Love 3

Howdy from the haters, Jill! Pro tip to pray on: showing your alarmingly small daughters, in lighting that pushes them from sallow to jaundiced, may not be the best marketing for your miracle potion.

Seriously, though, those recent pics of Sophia worry me. Nurrie and the Not!Nurries are teeny and horribly made-up but Sophia actually looks sickly. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Kids can be picky and need supplements. That said, Jill apparently goes straight to the Plexus.

I don't think Jill's kids have the luxury of being picky when it comes to food.  I also think it is unlikely that all 3 of those girls got a glass of vitamin enriched Plexus to drink, most likely, they all posed with the same glass of the stuff which Jill then drank.

Interesting that Jill seemingly is a believer in probiotics and such, which have very little science behind their use while refusing to believe in social distancing, masks and other efforts to prevent COVID which have far more scientific evidence behind them.  I've noticed a lot of fundies are fans of junk science while ignoring the real stuff.

As for anyone thinking Jill's life is 'glorious', tell me another fairy tale, Mother Goose.  And, if Jill thinks that grifting is so tough, she should try working for a living like the rest of us.  She is not only sleep depraved. she's awake depraved.

• LOL 4
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Howdy from the haters, Jill! Pro tip to pray on: showing your alarmingly small daughters, in lighting that pushes them from sallow to jaundiced, may not be the best marketing for your miracle potion.

Seriously, though, those recent pics of Sophia worry me. Nurrie and the Not!Nurries are teeny and horribly made-up but Sophia actually looks sickly. 

I know, she does not look well. Getting a good night's sleep is important too. Maybe with all their "traveling" the kids don't get enough good sleep in addition to the poor eating. 

• Love 2

Ummmmm....Jill, your life is anything but glorious. 

"There are sacrifices to be made, flexibility to be learned, the comforts of home to be forsaken every time we pack up and leave, sleep to be depraved, lots of HARD WORK to be done, music to be practiced, thank you notes to be sent out, sometimes less than desirable circumstances in our travels, LOTS of laundry to be done, study to be done, paperwork, school, organizing, printing, stapling, lots of collating."

Yeah, pretty sure her and shrek don't do any of this, it's all the kids..

• Love 7

"There are sacrifices to be made, flexibility to be learned, the comforts of home to be forsaken every time we pack up and leave, sleep to be depraved, lots of HARD WORK to be done, music to be practiced, thank you notes to be sent out, sometimes less than desirable circumstances in our travels, LOTS of laundry to be done, study to be done, paperwork, school, organizing, printing, stapling, lots of collating."

And we know that the schoolwork didn't get done, so FAIL!!!! Jill.

• Love 7

JillR's just putting out calls for nice church ladies to offer to do their laundry, feed them, mail their mail (provide the stamps), etc, while they're on the road.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
(edited)
15 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

They probably all look like Sophia if they would scrub their faces with a loofah. Sophia is almost to the makeup age (seriously) and Mama can get her looking like Honey Boo Boo after one trip to Dollar Tree.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I've seen some Fundies shilling Plexus who still claim that it wards off viruses (went down a rabbit hole of FB stalking after watching a doc on Amazon Prime about a Fundie arranged marriage [watch it everyone, it's terrifying!]). I guess in the absence of them wearing masks and not social distancing, they have to believe in something. 

I love how Jill is fixated on Plexus helping people lose weight when Shrek is obese from all his evening snacks and she's out there drinking 1,000-calorie DD coffee drinks.

Thank you for the documentary recommendation! I'm watching it right now and was surprised to see that it takes place in my metro area. I recognize a ton of the locations in the exterior shots and it's crazy to realize this is happening essentially right in my backyard.

• Love 3