Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

Or 80's barn.The stars are so yesterday.LOL

That was sweet of Wallymomma to add her niece to her account.We have relatives who wouldn't help someone if they showed up starving and freezing on their doorstep

• LOL 3

She has money to buy useless figurines but has to grift to feed the kids. She has time to slap ugly gray stain on some cheap paneling but is sooooo busy with homeschooling, traveling, packing, music, etc., she has to complain.  And her sister, SEVERELY QUADRIPLEGIC AMY, who gets a wide entry hall to enter the warehouse barndo, but is offered no protection from copious amounts of Rodrigues-induced covid-19 once inside. Sometimes I think Jill is just mocking herself. She's like the hapless loser on a daytime soap opera, whose role is to make the viewers feel better about their own lives. 

• Love 17

Jill had to work hard grift her status as a Plexus Gold Asshole.  That one time achievement bonus was just enough to keep Shrek happy with frozen waffles and burritos.
image.thumb.png.7ec9510978d3ca70045ed8d9f695990e.png

• Useful 7
29 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

She has money to buy useless figurines but has to grift to feed the kids. She has time to slap ugly gray stain on some cheap paneling but is sooooo busy with homeschooling, traveling, packing, music, etc., she has to complain.  And her sister, SEVERELY QUADRIPLEGIC AMY, who gets a wide entry hall to enter the warehouse barndo, but is offered no protection from copious amounts of Rodrigues-induced covid-19 once inside. Sometimes I think Jill is just mocking herself. She's like the hapless loser on a daytime soap opera, whose role is to make the viewers feel better about their own lives. 

Jill and David would never be up for an award when soaps did love in the afternoon.LOL

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Jill had to work hard grift her status as a Plexus Gold Asshole.  That one time achievement bonus was just enough to keep Shrek happy with frozen waffles and burritos.
image.thumb.png.7ec9510978d3ca70045ed8d9f695990e.png

She's still low level in the pyramid. I doubt she's made much if any money.

• Love 6
(edited)
29 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

$250 is enough to go to the good Olive Garden 

Only for her and Shrek, the kids will have to share one can of dented, store brand soup and maybe some green beans if JillR is feeling generous.

Sofia looked so much healthier last year than she does this year and I thought she looked malnourished when it was first posted. This year has been very hard on the kids. I wonder if money is short or if the Rod parents have started to short-circuit due to Tim's college life and Nurie's upcoming wedding. If they feel like they're losing control of their two oldest, they may be even more controlling of the younger kids.

Edited by Nysha
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

She has time to slap ugly gray stain on some cheap paneling but is sooooo busy with homeschooling, traveling, packing, music, etc., she has to complain.

Don’t forget stapling. 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 6

They should have gotten a generous stimulus payment with all those kids.I don't care to do the math.

Jill prob. grifted most of the wedding,so I doubt anything much went to that

• Love 3
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Only for her and Shrek, the kids will have to share one can of dented, store brand soup and maybe some green beans if JillR is feeling generous.

Sofia looked so much healthier last year than she does this year and I thought she looked malnourished when it was first posted. This year has been very hard on the kids. I wonder if money is short or if the Rod parents have started to short-circuit due to Tim's college life and Nurie's upcoming wedding. If they feel like they're losing control of their two oldest, they may be even more controlling of the younger kids.

I meant $250 is for dinner for 2. Maybe Nuri since she is getting married and Jilly will SEVERELY miss her BABY Muffin 

Edited by galaxychaser
  • Love 1
(edited)

Carlin, husband and baby are watching young nieces(?) rock out and dance. I know she danced at her wedding, but that was with her dad and husband. Her parents must be cringing.

Of course, they're in a basement with at least a dozen folks and no windows, no masks.

Just went back and looked again, it is her nieces. There's also some dude in scrubs.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

10 pictures:

4 pictures:

The finish on that wood looks absolutely terrible, and, yet, Jill brags about it.  Says a lot about her.  And now the hallway has Jill's very special touch:  crap piled on every surface and every inch of available wall space covered in cheap, ugly stuff.

• Love 11

The really super special touch on JillR's work is the two different color molding. In a height of maybe 9', she has a green half-wall, white molding, gray paneling, tan molding and a brown floor. And if that is not all severely busy enough for you, she throws in endless tons of crap.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

In the second group of pictures showcasing her "staining skills"- is that a Thomas Kinkade  painting?  Because, you know, it would be her style.

I would rather have a window and natural light than a niche for a bunch of overpriced figurines, but that's just me.

Fewer windows also means fewer ways to escape once this tinderbox catches fire  .  There is no way they were following building codes . 

• Love 2

I can't figure out the floor plan of this house. Where do all of those doors in the hallway go to? I thought maybe Shrek and Jillybean's bedroom on the left, but we know the hallway outside of their love nest is covered with photos of her. The rooms must be TINY because it is only like 1300 sq ft (outside of the print shop)

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Insert Username said:

I can't figure out the floor plan of this house. Where do all of those doors in the hallway go to? I thought maybe Shrek and Jillybean's bedroom on the left, but we know the hallway outside of their love nest is covered with photos of her. The rooms must be TINY because it is only like 1300 sq ft (outside of the print shop)

I too am puzzled by the layout of the great hubby remodel. that room with the checkerboard floor originally had 3 outside access doors and a single car garage door. it has become an entry way, the love nest, a bathroom and a nursery so far

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm surprised she didn't do something interesting with that exposed pipe. It would be perfect wrapped in glittery ribbon, like a candy cane. Now it just looks like a missed opportunity.

Jill thinks ugly gray stain adds "depth and character"? What would she know about either?   

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, skipnjump said:

Why does she always have to say her sister is in a wheelchair???

Like I've mentioned many times, I use a wheelchair & walker because of my rheumatoid arthritis.   I'm pretty sure & hope my family & friends don't define me as "Barb & her wheelchair & walker."

I do think it was nice Jill thought of Amy needing space to maneuver around the Rod's entryway. But I'll leave it at that, it was just for Jill to get praise that she is a wonderful sister to think of that.  How often does Amy visit Jill that Jill had to accommodate for her? It's  nice when someone moves a throw rug or small table out of my way but I don't expect a remodel & certainly don't want that person to say they did it because of me.  

One last point.  Jill went about it the wrong way. She should have left the area as clutterless as possible. I'm sure the less stuff Amy has to move around the easier it is for her.  

ETA, thank you @dargosmydaddywho resurrected the 4th of July pictures from last year. Think it's one of the few times we have seen them in new clean clothes. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Carlin, husband and baby are watching young nieces(?) rock out and dance. I know she danced at her wedding, but that was with her dad and husband. Her parents must be cringing.

Of course, they're in a basement with at least a dozen folks and no windows, no masks.

Just went back and looked again, it is her nieces. There's also some dude in scrubs.

I saw that too.  I guess they are still at the in-laws' place in Nashville.  They really are treating this as a vacation.  Apparently the nieces' ballet recital was cancelled due to Covid so they were showing the family their routine. 

Evan's family appear to be more mainstream Baptist- how did he and Carlin meet in the first place? 

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I saw that too.  I guess they are still at the in-laws' place in Nashville.  They really are treating this as a vacation.  Apparently the nieces' ballet recital was cancelled due to Covid so they were showing the family their routine. 

Evan's family appear to be more mainstream Baptist- how did he and Carlin meet in the first place? 

I believe Carlin's sister, Erin, introduced them.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Is the wedding today?

I saw Anna Duggar put a picture saying about summer outdoor weddings

Lauren Andregg is a family friend of the Duggars and she is getting married today. She lives in Arkansas and it's possible it's her wedding. 

There may be some other friend getting married today.  I have a feeling Anna and Josh won't go to the Rod wedding, but I could be wrong. 

• Useful 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Lawson...armed and douchey.

Can this douchenozzle do anything without a gun strapped to his side?

Edited by cdp73
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

C9D515AD-A1A5-471B-B82E-CDDF448BC1AA.jpeg

🙄

She’s posted some new caterwauling videos on IG (probably FB too), if anyone’s interested.  Warning:  They’re bad, really bad.

38 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill posted more singing videos.

I just made the same comment.  Sorry. 😔

• Love 2

What is wrong with her lip in that picture? She's moldy or something.

Lawson-when has he or his family ever been adventurous? Does he even know what the word means? Does he know who Twain is?

• Love 4

Is it wrong that I want that fool’s gun to slip out of its holster, fire and graze his arrogant ass?

8 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

The Not-Nurie looking at the camera in that last picture is secretly sending out "Help me" signals with her eyes. Poor girl.

She’s afraid of “old say-en” ?

• LOL 10