Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, skatelady said:

It's actually not that bad an idea: no reservations or paying for the venue, plenty of seating, and everyone can choose whatever food they want. Years ago, I did that for a birthday party for my daughter - movie, scavenger hunt (only at one store - Claire's), "dinner" & cake at the food court. The girls had a GREAT time. The differences? It was a 9-year-old's birthday party... The guests were friends, not siblings.... And my daughter had choices - she CHOSE the mall. 

We've done something similar. We did a video arcade party and ate at the food court next to it.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

We've done something similar. We did a video arcade party and ate at the food court next to it.

The difference is that you ate food from the food court.  Jill brought in outside food so she was just using the space.  And do those kids get anything besides Little Caesar's?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

The difference is that you ate food from the food court.  Jill brought in outside food so she was just using the space.  And do those kids get anything besides Little Caesar's?

Probably not that much. LC is cheap. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, skatelady said:
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

A meal at the mall food court is just depressing to me. Those poor kids.

It's actually not that bad an idea: no reservations or paying for the venue, plenty of seating, and everyone can choose whatever food they want.

But here's the thing -- none of that food they bought appears to have been purchased at the mall. The pizza isn't from Sbarro's -- it's from Little Caesars who doesn't have a restaurant in that food court. The cupcakes were brought in from somewhere else (and likely paid for, i.e donated, by someone else) as were the gallons of juice drinks. So, basically, Jill used that area in the mall as her dining room for the day and paid not a dime for the food served there or the space they occupied on private property. 

22 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

But here's the thing -- none of that food they bought appears to have been purchased at the mall. The pizza isn't from Sbarro's -- it's from Little Caesars who doesn't have a restaurant in that food court. The cupcakes were brought in from somewhere else (and likely paid for, i.e donated, by someone else) as were the gallons of juice drinks. So, basically, Jill used that area in the mall as her dining room for the day and paid not a dime for the food served there or the space they occupied on private property. 

I think that's covered in Grifting 101--Steal or otherwise borrow or make use of property that does not belong to you. Act entitled. Do not bother to ask permission. Squeal about persecution if you get in trouble. 

• Love 20
(edited)

More douchiness from Lawson .  His Instagram story shows him in a town where there is a street sign with an arrow pointing to "the center of the universe"  He's mocking it saying he is in "Nowhereville" Idaho or Montana, he isn't even sure what state he is in.  🙄

A quick google search told me he was in Wallace, Idaho.  There's a bordello museum close to where he was filming, but I doubt he went to see that.

No offense to anyone from a small town, but the irony of someone from Rocky Top, Tennessee, calling any other small town "Nowheresville" just boggles the mind.  And WTF is he doing touring the Mountain West during a pandemic?    He is not far from the Canadian border.  I kind of hope he tries to cross and they refuse to let him in.  Imagine the outrage!  Imagine him flashing his "badge" and still being denied entry. 😁

Edited by 3 is enough
  • LOL 19
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, skatelady said:

It's actually not that bad an idea: no reservations or paying for the venue, plenty of seating, and everyone can choose whatever food they want. Years ago, I did that for a birthday party for my daughter - movie, scavenger hunt (only at one store - Claire's), "dinner" & cake at the food court. The girls had a GREAT time. The differences? It was a 9-year-old's birthday party... The guests were friends, not siblings.... And my daughter had choices - she CHOSE the mall. 

But didn’t the Rods bring all their own food and drink? No one got to “choose” anything.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

More douchiness from Lawson .  His Instagram story shows him in a town where there is a street sign with an arrow pointing to "the center of the universe"  He's mocking it saying he is in "Nowhereville" Idaho or Montana, he isn't even sure what state he is in.  🙄

A quick google search told me he was in Wallace, Idaho.  There's a bordello museum close to where he was filming, but I doubt he went to see that.

No offense to anyone from  small town, but the irony of someone from Rocky Top, Tennessee, calling any other small town "Nowheresville" just boggles the mind.  And WTF is he doing touring the Mountain West during a pandemic?    He is not far from the Canadian border.  I kind of hope he tries to cross and they refuse to let him in.  Imagine the outrage!  Imagine him flashing his "badge" and still being denied entry. 😁

Exactly, he is already from a big NOWHERE.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

But didn’t the Rods bring all their own food and drink? No one got to “choose” anything.

The woman at the end of the table had guac and chips, so she must have ordered for herself. The Rods had tiny slices of thin pizza and maybe a spittle cupcake. I wouldn't dress up to run around a mall looking for whatever and eat cold pizza in a food court. Still, it beats the build-a-bear 15th birthday party. The Rod (boy or girl) sits with a group of unknown kids and their parents, builds a teddy bear, and gives it to Jill. Can't they play laser tag or do something fun? 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Normades said:

In defense of Lawson, how could he be bothered to know which state he was in?  When he saw the sign that said "Center of the Universe" he was probably confused because he thought it should be pointing at him. 

Bwahahaha! You win the internet today! 😁

1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

The woman at the end of the table had guac and chips, so she must have ordered for herself. The Rods had tiny slices of thin pizza and maybe a spittle cupcake. I wouldn't dress up to run around a mall looking for whatever and eat cold pizza in a food court. Still, it beats the build-a-bear 15th birthday party. The Rod (boy or girl) sits with a group of unknown kids and their parents, builds a teddy bear, and gives it to Jill. Can't they play laser tag or do something fun? 

They went there after church which is why they were dressed up.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Bwahahaha! You win the internet today! 😁

They went there after church which is why they were dressed up.

Ah. That makes sense. Sort of. They could have just held the party at the church and had the church ladies cater it for them. I hate to think Jill had to spend her Plexus money to buy that pizza. 

• Love 4

Wallace (and in particular the Bordello Museum--fascinating place) is a hell of a lot cooler than Lawson--after all, Wallace had the last stoplight on Interstate 90, and they filmed "Dante's Peak" there, which is more coolness than Lawson could even dream of.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

No offense to anyone from a small town, but the irony of someone from Rocky Top, Tennessee, calling any other small town "Nowheresville" just boggles the mind.  And WTF is he doing touring the Mountain West during a pandemic?    He is not far from the Canadian border.  I kind of hope he tries to cross and they refuse to let him in.  Imagine the outrage!  Imagine him flashing his "badge" and still being denied entry. 😁

He'll definitely get Nowhere if he tries to cross that border. It's closed until at least August 21. 😃

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
(edited)
54 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

He'll definitely get Nowhere if he tries to cross that border. It's closed until at least August 21. 😃

I know.  And they are saying it will most likely stay closed until the end of the year.  If you do get across you have to quarantine for 14 days.  Plus they are tightening up on non-resident Canadian citizens coming across.  I was planning to visit my mother sometime this summer before everything blew up but I guess we will have to settle for  Zoom calls. 😞

I doubt Lawson would even consider it- he's all about 'Merica anyhow.  But it would be so amusing if he tried and got denied.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

He is not far from the Canadian border.  I kind of hope he tries to cross and they refuse to let him in.  Imagine the outrage!  Imagine him flashing his "badge" and still being denied entry. 😁

Our borders are closed because of COVID so this covidiot is staying on your side of the border. 😁

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6

Josie Bates and her beauty partner are on their way to Hilton Head to do a wedding. If I went only by the SM accounts of the Bates, Duggars and JRods, I would never know the US is in the middle of a health crisis.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Josie Bates and her beauty partner are on their way to Hilton Head to do a wedding. If I went only by the SM accounts of the Bates, Duggars and JRods, I would never know the US is in the middle of a health crisis.

And...SC, especially the beach towns are really get hit with Covid!  

• Love 6
(edited)

As of this morning there are 18 states in the "red zones" and the Coronavirus Task Force has received a report suggesting limiting gatherings in these states to no more than 10 people.  Two of those states are South Carolina and Tennessee.  

I thought Josie was a bit smarter than her sisters and brothers.  I guess I was wrong.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
58 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

They absolutely will. We will probably find out eventually.

They absolutely will, but play the odds, realize they would likely have mild or asymptomatic cases. I don’t think they would announce those to the public. The only time we would definitely hear about is if somebody is hospitalized or worse. They would milk a serious illness for all it’s worth, specials, ratings, money. Think Josie and Jubilee but magnified.

• Love 7

If Carlin or Evan were to test positive I could see them milking it for all it would be worth, even if there were asymptomatic or had a mild case.  They love drama, and the possibility of a backlash would never enter their minds, bless their hearts.

• Love 7
On 7/15/2020 at 4:07 PM, BradandJanet said:

The other shoe is going to drop before this is all over. I wouldn't want to see Nurie and Nathan suddenly becoming responsible for a bunch of penniless young Rod kids. 

She's pretty much raised the little girls, living with Nurie and Nathan might be the best thing that happened to them. Nathan's been raised in a large family, although he is one of the younger ones, so having he might not be too opposed to having them. 

Although with Covid racing rampant in Florida it probably isn't going to be a good place to bring a bunch of Covid exposed neglected children.

• Love 1

Mike Schadt - the SOS Ministry guy with covid was dropped back at the ER 3 days ago per the SOS ministries fb page, no updates since then

Derick posted in the comments "prayers, and thanks for the updates"

• Useful 6
7 hours ago, sondraK said:

Nathan works,so he could get benefits for the kids.I hope he would

He and his brother have a lawn care business in Florida. I wonder how that's going given the pandemic?
I'm pretty sure they would qualify for benefits. I'm not sure how much they would get in SSI benefits for the minor children, but there's that. And, depending on how much Nurie and Nathan want to grift, there is always the "poor orphaned children of  SEVERELY godly Jill and the guy who did those godawful pamphlets we were guilted  into buying" rounds at the churches they sang at. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Nysha said:

He and his brother have a lawn care business in Florida. I wonder how that's going given the pandemic?
I

I live in Florida and my grass has been serviced as usual, even moreso now that it's summer.  I never have to interact with the mowers, they just come when scheduled and send me the bill.  If they have a good amount of customers, they should be going strong.  There may be some that drop off due to money being tight, but I can't imagine it's too bad.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I'm not sure how much they would get in SSI benefits for the minor children, but there's that.

Probably nothing unless they could establish that Janessa was delayed enough to qualify.  The children would have to be disabled to receive SSI.  

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Absolom said:
57 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I'm not sure how much they would get in SSI benefits for the minor children, but there's that.

Probably nothing unless they could establish that Janessa was delayed enough to qualify.  The children would have to be disabled to receive SSI.  

SSI disability benefits are really difficult to get. I have a nephew with some significant issues.  He's almost 21, will never be able to work, and my brother and SIL are looking into it.  They almost always turn you down on the first application.  Janessa doesn't even seem to have any visible issues.

Minor children are elegible for SSI survivor benefits until they turn 18.  But since Shrek is "self-employed" I have to wonder if he has ever even paid into the system.  I believe that if he hasn't they get nothing.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

I'm pretty sure they would qualify for benefits. I'm not sure how much they would get in SSI benefits for the minor children, but there's that. And, depending on how much Nurie and Nathan want to grift, there is always the "poor orphaned children of  SEVERELY godly Jill and the guy who did those godawful pamphlets we were guilted  into buying" rounds at the churches they sang at. 

While both Nathan and Nurie have been exposed to godly grifting, (almost) no one can run a con like the gutsy Jill. I wonder if Nurie has the personality to pull it off. Still, people might actually want to help them if they end up taking in younger siblings. If Nathan continues to work, their situation is even more sympathetic. 

They might get a TV show! Jill would explode out of her grave in a jealous rage if that happened. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

Minor children are elegible for SSI survivor benefits until they turn 18.  But since Shrek is "self-employed" I have to wonder if he has ever even paid into the system.  I believe that if he hasn't they get nothing.

That would be SSA benefits and David would have had to have paid in enough quarters and also have enough recent ones for them to receive that.  Plus there is a family maximum and since he wasn't earning top wages when he was working for a salary, it wouldn't be a windfall.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I live in Florida and my grass has been serviced as usual, even moreso now that it's summer.  I never have to interact with the mowers, they just come when scheduled and send me the bill.  If they have a good amount of customers, they should be going strong.  There may be some that drop off due to money being tight, but I can't imagine it's too bad.

Same here with our mowers, but A LOT of Americans are struggling with money right now. And it’s only getting worse.

• Love 10