Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

(edited)
25 minutes ago, marymary said:

Lol am I the only Rinna fan? *ducks*

Nope! I think she's the funniest one on the show and like that she owns being a shit stirrer who loves to be famous. Some of the others pretend to be saints and above their fellow housewives. Lisa gets more flak than she deserves imo. I've seen a lot of posts about how awful she was to Kim, but I remember Kim treated her pretty terribly. I'm not sure why Rinna's always the bad guy. She's a beautiful woman, accomplished in show biz, a hard worker, married to a successful actor and former "Sexiest Man Alive." Some people like negativity I suppose. Her daughters are also cute girls and haven't said/done anything tons of other girls their age haven't. They just happen to be on camera and Lisa Rinna's kids. There was a Real Housewife on the Miami show whose son attacked a homeless man who was sleeping. Now that was despicable behavior. I remember thinking it was very disrespectful when Amelia flipped off her father, but asking if there are more chubby people in a town very different from Los Angeles doesn't offend me that much. *shrugs*

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 8

The shit stirring is a part of the job, so that doesn't bother me, and I appreciate that Rinna has a sense of humor about herself.  There are times she annoys me (like going on about Sutton's wealth) but I'd still consider myself a fan.  I enjoy her more without Eileen around, as I think she functions well as a free agent.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
54 minutes ago, marymary said:

Lol am I the only Rinna fan? *ducks*

I probably have affection for her from her DOOL days.  I too find her funny.  What I appreciate about her (and Erika too if I'm honest) is that they give me the sense that they know this is a job and they know they have roles to play. 

I know RHofBH gets knocked for being full of actors but I don't think I could take it if I didn't think there were people on here who could compartmentalize.  The fact that we rarely see Harry or Tom is a plus for me.  

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I probably have affection for her from her DOOL days.  I too find her funny.  What I appreciate about her (and Erika too if I'm honest) is that they give me the sense that they know this is a job and they know they have roles to play. 

I know RHofBH gets knocked for being full of actors but I don't think I could take it if I didn't think there were people on here who could compartmentalize.  The fact that we rarely see Harry or Tom is a plus for me.  

Agreed on Harry and Tom — I come here for the cast, not their spouses. Although I’m probably in the minority because I don’t want to see any kids or pets, either.

• Love 3
(edited)

Some housewives have been assigned the job of shit stirrer. This is entertainment after all. I’m not a big fan of Rinna, but I prefer her MO compared to that other shit stirrer Tamra Judge RHOC.

Tamra drops nasty little shitballs often targeting another HW then sits back with an innocent smirk while everyone around her loses their shit. She enjoys it.

Rinna at least mucks right in.

That’s my observation anyway.

Edited by Pondlass1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

What I appreciate about her (and Erika too if I'm honest) is that they give me the sense that they know this is a job and they know they have roles to play. 

This. I like her (and Erika) because I think that they view this as a job, but they still have a little fun with it, too. I always feel like they are playing characters with sprinkles of their real personalities thrown in. Plus, neither one seems to be wholly invested in the show as their sole means for existing. I feel like Kyle and Dorit especially view the show as their lifeline for popularity and legitimacy. If it ended, I see Rinna just carrying on with her dogs and her dancing on Insta and her QVC stuff and her life. 

• Love 10

Maybe there’s a bunch of “chub-chubs” swimming around in that lake.

Well, good thing for Rinna then the water covers up most of them...

• LOL 3
On 5/8/2020 at 12:10 AM, RealHousewife said:

Nope! I think she's the funniest one on the show and like that she owns being a shit stirrer who loves to be famous. Some of the others pretend to be saints and above their fellow housewives. Lisa gets more flak than she deserves imo. I've seen a lot of posts about how awful she was to Kim, but I remember Kim treated her pretty terribly. I'm not sure why Rinna's always the bad guy. She's a beautiful woman, accomplished in show biz, a hard worker, married to a successful actor and former "Sexiest Man Alive." Some people like negativity I suppose. Her daughters are also cute girls and haven't said/done anything tons of other girls their age haven't. They just happen to be on camera and Lisa Rinna's kids. There was a Real Housewife on the Miami show whose son attacked a homeless man who was sleeping. Now that was despicable behavior. I remember thinking it was very disrespectful when Amelia flipped off her father, but asking if there are more chubby people in a town very different from Los Angeles doesn't offend me that much. *shrugs*

I don’t know if I’m repeating as I just got a phone call.  Anyhow, I love Lisa and Erika only.  They seem real.  Lisa is funny and doesn’t care what people say or do. It looks like her and Harry were very good parents.  I don’t think Erika was or is a gold digger.  She just appreciates Tom and grew to love him.  Of course the money helped, but Tom seems like a great guy.  Good for her.  The rest, you can have.  Too much competition in their circle.

• Love 6
On 5/8/2020 at 12:55 AM, Door County Cherry said:

Now just get those daughters off the screen 😄 

I actually don't mind Rinna on the show (when she's not trying to make those daughters happen - give it up, Rinna); it's real life that I'd probably have a problem with her.  The nude selfie instagram posts, along with her off camera, off season phone messages to Kim Richards are a huge turnoff.  And I'm not a Kim fan at all - have at her if she dares to show up on camera.  But don't call her after the season ends and threaten to fuck her up.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I don’t know if I’m repeating as I just got a phone call.  Anyhow, I love Lisa and Erika only.  They seem real.  Lisa is funny and doesn’t care what people say or do. It looks like her and Harry were very good parents.  I don’t think Erika was or is a gold digger.  She just appreciates Tom and grew to love him.  Of course the money helped, but Tom seems like a great guy.  Good for her.  The rest, you can have.  Too much competition in their circle.

7 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I am a fan of Lisa Rinna too. I like her.

5 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

I like Rinna, too. 

Same! When she was cast, I was so excited because she was a legit celebrity, which is what I would expect on RHOBH.

I didn’t know of Erika before the show, but I love her EJ persona.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Often "camping" means no telephone service. I'm just sayin'.

How horrible for her girls when they can’t post on Instagram because there’s no WiFi! (Just based on the assumption that it’s a bit too secluded for a good signal). 

• LOL 5

lf a mature adult can't pull off a recognizable Halloween costume without displaying a swastika, common sense and discretion dictate that he would opt to portray someone else. There are people still walking this earth with death camp identification numbers tattooed on their wrists. (Harry Hamlin was 64 years and clearly not a frat boy in 2015). 

If a mature adult mother of two daughters thinks it amusing to dress as another mother's daughter who lived an entirely tragic life, was deeply and seriously disturbed since birth, was diagnosed with schizophrenia at age 15 and stabbed to death by her heroin-addicted boyfriend at age 20, common sense and discretion dictate that she would opt to portray someone else. (Lisa was 52 in 2015 and has never been described as having good taste or core values). 

Apologizing after getting a cheap thrill from the shock value you chased after is meaningless. Immature kids who did that could be described as owning it; for mature adults, it was just lip service in reaction to blowback. 

Yukking it up with Lori Laughlin and two Jews, Kyle and Mauricio. (The parents of eight daughters). 

https://people.com/tv/halloween-lisa-rinna-harry-hamlin-apologize-for-swastika-sid-vicious-costume/

And I Don't Want to Live This Life: A Mother's Story of Her Daughter's Murder

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10055.And_I_Don_t_Want_to_Live_This_Life

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
(edited)

Apologizing after getting a cheap thrill from the shock value you chased after is meaningless.

Should they pay for it in blood? Be exiled to a deserted island?

They were insensitive assholes, they apologized for it.

Not owning it would be them doubling down and arguing they did nothing (like Dommic Cummings during his lockdown escapades).

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 3

No blood, no exile.

But being remembered as tacky enough to think it's a fun idea to dress up as a murder victim and her murderer sounds about right. 

It's all good as long as no one mentions anything about her family members that she might consider offensive or disrespectful. Because then she will flip the fuck out. 

My point would be that if you apologize for being an insensitive asshole but keep on being an insensitive asshole your apology is hot air and nothing more. 

I don't like Rinna, I think she's a conniver (and an insensitive asshole) and most of what she says and does rubs me the wrong way. But she's not a hill I would choose to die on so my inclination is to say we can agree to disagree.

• Love 20

My point would be that if you apologize for being an insensitive asshole but keep on being an insensitive asshole your apology is hot air and nothing more. 

As long as she and her hubby aren't continuing to being insensitive about this, then I'm good with her apology.

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Should they pay for it in blood? Be exiled to a deserted island?

They were insensitive assholes, they apologized for it.

Not owning it would be them doubling down and arguing they did nothing (like Dommic Cummings during his lockdown escapades).

I hear you, and I detest cancel culture, I hate it!  And I agree that one idiot move shouldn't define you.  But to put this t-shirt on, costume or not, I cannot even wrap my head around it.  Sid Vicious wore other provocative outfits, HH didn't have to wear this.  I just can't believe someone would put this on and bee-bop around town.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 13

I can, there are people today who still think black face is acceptable as a costume.

But on the subject of HH's attire...yes, there were other looks he could have chosen, as historically accurate as it was, it definitely wasn't the best one. I think he might have thought "Hey, he wore it in real life!" and that might be enough for people.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Good overview on how/why the women are ganging up on Denise. At around 5:50 she talks about rumors HH is cheating on Lisa. Earlier she refers to Harry's accidental comment that seemed to imply they live in separate homes. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfOmCJFiEk0

LR and Erika both are disgusting. I want to hear more about LR and Harry's seperation. Who is he schlepping now?

2 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Maybe.  But when Lisa was interviewed on Watch What Happens Live, Andy mentioned seeing Harry so it sounds like they were quarantined together.  

I can see quaranteening as a family if it was an amiable split.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

Do we know if the girls live with them? 

They said in the show one of them does, but they're supporting both, according to the show. And if I was in their position, I'd have both kids with me for quaranteen.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

They said in the show one of them does, but they're supporting both, according to the show. And if I was in their position, I'd have both kids with me for quaranteen.

The reason I ask is because the big "gotchya" from the YouTube video would also make sense if the girls were coming over for dinner if they lived or mostly stayed elsewhere. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

The reason I ask is because the big "gotchya" from the YouTube video would also make sense if the girls were coming over for dinner if they lived or mostly stayed elsewhere. 

I see where you're going and it makes sense. I'm basing this also on her reception to him at the house, telling him in that polite way that he looked good, like he'd lost some weight. Now it could simply be that he's working out of state, but their interaction said friends, not husband and wife.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

see where you're going and it makes sense. I'm basing this also on her reception to him at the house, t

The staging of that scene was also weird with meeting him in the driveway and than having the whole convo on the steps, I was like is he not allowed in the house?!? I mean I don’t think that is actually true but it just was all so weird. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I see where you're going and it makes sense. I'm basing this also on her reception to him at the house, telling him in that polite way that he looked good, like he'd lost some weight. Now it could simply be that he's working out of state, but their interaction said friends, not husband and wife.

In that episode, she said he’d been out of state for 6 weeks doing a play. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Just rewatched a couple of episodes.

Rinna plants seeds of anxiety and distrust in the other women’s heads - often while riding in the car before an event - and then sits back and enjoys seeing them act on what she said. She especially loves it if someone ends up hurt and crying. This woman is completely detached from her soul.

(Dorit seems to be copying Rinna’s tactics - also an empty shell.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 15
21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The staging of that scene was also weird with meeting him in the driveway and than having the whole convo on the steps, I was like is he not allowed in the house?!? I mean I don’t think that is actually true but it just was all so weird. 

Yes, it was strange. Even if he'd been gone working, they seemed kind of distant with each other. More friends than husband and wife. I wonder if they are separated and just haven't announced it? I've seen this happen with other celebrity couples. When they do announce it, we find out they'd actually been apart for some time but kept it quiet. 

• Love 4

Let’s talk about the husband, Lisa. Where does he live? What’s really going on in your marriage? What’s that you say about having to come clean if you’re on this show? OWN IT!

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
On 6/11/2020 at 12:53 PM, nexxie said:

Let’s talk about the husband, Lisa. Where does he live? What’s really going on in your marriage? What’s that you say about having to come clean if you’re on this show? OWN IT!

he's living with his other family that will eat his home made fruit pies 😀

• LOL 14
(edited)
21 hours ago, Nicmar said:

he's living with his other family that will eat his home made fruit pies 😀

...in a kitchen not infested with rats. 

(I actually loved that scene last season where their home had rats, a common enough occurrence I assume but I just loved the way Rinna "owned" something that most people would die of embarrassment over.  😄 )

Edited by Persnickety1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 6/10/2020 at 2:44 PM, biakbiak said:

The staging of that scene was also weird with meeting him in the driveway and than having the whole convo on the steps, I was like is he not allowed in the house?!? 

Rinna’s skin in that scene... wow. I don’t even know what would damage skin like that.

• Love 2
On 6/2/2020 at 4:20 AM, Hiyo said:

As long as she and her hubby aren't continuing to being insensitive about this, then I'm good with her apology.

Hiyo, this is not meant to be snarky in any way, shape or form, but rather an earnest question for you:

If you had personally had family killed by the Nazis, including a 6 year old little girl, your brother, & parents, do you think you would still be good with her/their apology? I'm genuinely asking. By the way, I enjoy your posts! ☺️

47 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Yes I would.

Hiyo, thank you for answering! 😊.  May I ask a follow up question? Have you lost family in the Holocaust? I have, & the reason I'm asking is I'm not sure my first question was fair because perhaps one cannot say unless they'd actually lost loved ones in the Holocaust...

• Love 1