Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

I’m fine with the way the girls (all of them) are dressed.  It is her body and she should be able to dress how she sees fit.  Breasts aren’t things to be ashamed of, made to feel bad about, or shamed about.  She shouldn’t feel like she has to cover up because other people might have a problem with it.  She has breasts. Great.  Most women have breasts.  If she wants to pop out some cleavage, fine.  That’s her choice. 

I have a lot of friends whose daughters just did prom and her dress would fit in with the others.  I’m Southern and prom is huge here.  Everyone wears long formal gowns and the boots would have been a no-go. 

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/3/2018 at 1:19 AM, ivygirl said:

I kinda love that jumpsuit—not something I say all that often.

Me, too -- the print, the cut -- and for prom? So cool.

It’s pretty low... somehow, though, she’s pulling off a January Jones vibe. She looks mature in the Teenage Red Carpet way, not a Kardashian Finishing School way. Maybe because of the overall color palette. I LOVE the rose-print dress.

The print is to die for (reminds me of Austin on PR and his winter roses -- very Betty Draper, years before we met her ; )  And I think it's not just about cleavage per se,  but the hooker esthetic in play in Amelia's dress -- I know it's everywhere and people adore it, but I find that esthetic generally tacky,  and on a sixteen year old girl, it feels like she's been robbed of something expressing who she is at that age (not 35 and worldly-wise).

The dress Mason finally picked is also an extremely low cut dress, but (to my eye) it feels/ looks natural and unconstricted -- like she's wearing the dress, not the dress is wearing her:

mason.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
On 5/4/2018 at 5:16 AM, diadochokinesis said:

I’m fine with the way the girls (all of them) are dressed.  It is her body and she should be able to dress how she sees fit.  Breasts aren’t things to be ashamed of, made to feel bad about, or shamed about.  She shouldn’t feel like she has to cover up because other people might have a problem with it.  She has breasts. Great.  Most women have breasts.  If she wants to pop out some cleavage, fine.  That’s her choice. 

I have a lot of friends whose daughters just did prom and her dress would fit in with the others.  I’m Southern and prom is huge here.  Everyone wears long formal gowns and the boots would have been a no-go. 

I have to agree 100% with this post.

It is the girl’s style and it is what she likes. Her outfit is flattering  and I love that she wears boots with it.(touch of quirky/comfort)

The other girls seem more into the grunge style and it is also great.

The lavender in the background is pretty.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, film noire said:

Me, too -- the print, the cut -- and for prom? So cool.

The print is to die for (reminds me of Austin on PR and his winter roses -- very Betty Draper, years before we met her ; )  And I think it's not just about cleavage per se,  but the hooker esthetic in play in Amelia's dress -- I know it's everywhere and people adore it, but I find that esthetic generally tacky,  and on a sixteen year old girl, it feels like she's been robbed of something expressing who she is at that age (not 35 and worldly-wise).

The dress Mason finally picked is also an extremely low cut dress, but (to my eye) it feels/ looks natural and unconstricted -- like she's wearing the dress, not the dress is wearing her:

mason.jpg

That's a beautiful dress. Without  fake boobs it isn't vulgar. 

• Love 11
On 5/4/2018 at 5:16 AM, diadochokinesis said:

I agree. If you compare the V-neck to the one of the girl in white, they hit very close to the same place. If you compare it to Mason's dress, the V is higher than or right at the same point as Mason's.  The accents make her dress look more revealing than it is, but if that is a style she feels comfortable with, more power to her. Is she supposed to be ashamed of the fact that she has boobs?  This is a girl who admitted to having body issues in a public forum. She picked a prom dress that she felt good in, why shame her or her mother for that?  

Was Rinna supposed to say, "you have boobs, so you need to take care to cover them up or people will think there's something wrong with you, or my mothering skills"?  How does that help her body issues? She looks great in the dress. Regardless of how anyone feels about Rinna, her daughter should be allowed to feel beautiful in something she chose to wear. I seriously doubt having a bunch of strangers clutch their pearls online about her prom attire is going to help her find a way to be comfortable in her body. 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I agree. If you compare the V-neck to the one of the girl in white, they hit very close to the same place. If you compare it to Mason's dress, the V is higher than or right at the same point as Mason's.  The accents make her dress look more revealing than it is, but if that is a style she feels comfortable with, more power to her. Is she supposed to be ashamed of the fact that she has boobs?  This is a girl who admitted to having body issues in a public forum. She picked a prom dress that she felt good in, why shame her or her mother for that?  

Was Rinna supposed to say, "you have boobs, so you need to take care to cover them up or people will think there's something wrong with you, or my mothering skills"?  How does that help her body issues? She looks great in the dress. Regardless of how anyone feels about Rinna, her daughter should be allowed to feel beautiful in something she chose to wear. I seriously doubt having a bunch of strangers clutch their pearls online about her prom attire is going to help her find a way to be comfortable in her body. 

I disagree, there is a thing called age appropriate and it is up to the parent(s) to guide their kids to wear clothes that fit their age. Amelia's dress is something someone in their 20's/30's would wear, not someone 16/17 years old. Also, Amelia isn't wearing the dress as much as the dress is wearing her and many schools would not allow that dress to be worn at their proms. I do agree that she should wear something she wants/likes but again, it should be age appropriate. I think we allow/encourage/expect our kids, especially girls, to grow up way too early with the focus on being "sexy", not being just kids. 

• Love 16
40 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I don't care that she's showing her boob's. She looks good,  I think it's sad she's styled like a 35 year old for prom. For comparison the Grammar child also wore a dress with a plunging neckline, but the color and style looked like something a young woman,  and not get mom, would wear. 

There was a simple way to avoid being judged. Not post the picture to social media. It would be nice if people were respectful of her age,  but that NEVER EVER happens. 

• Love 13
(edited)
6 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

If you compare it to Mason's dress, the V is higher than or right at the same point as Mason's. 

Yes, they both have plunging necklines  -- which is why it's not just about cleavage / a deep V, but the overall esthetic of the dress -- this: 

Versus this:

Both dresses have plunging necklines, but the impact of the overall esthetic is not the same.  

Is she supposed to be ashamed of the fact that she has boobs? 

Nobody is demanding Amelia Hamlin be ashamed of having breasts -- if anything, people have complimented her physical presence -- what's being criticized is the dress. not the body of the girl wearing the dress. 

I think we allow/encourage/expect our kids, especially girls, to grow up way too early with the focus on being "sexy", not being just kids. 

Yes -- starting with some pageant toddlers, unfortunately -- to me, it's becoming a kind of marketing of body parts; as if a woman's breasts/legs/ass are a brand she's obliged to sell. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15

Amelia is a model. She has to be able to project different looks, moods etc.

She might have some fittings issues with sample sizes.

Mason who is also a model chose to project something different.

Both look good, imo.

I guess beside Kyle, no one believes in educating girls, on this franchise.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

Is she supposed to be ashamed of the fact that she has boobs?  

But no one is shaming her --plus her comment on IG is "can't hide the gang", leading to the somewhat logical response of "Did you try?"

17 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I seriously doubt having a bunch of strangers clutch their pearls online about her prom attire is going to help her find a way to be comfortable in her body. 

Isn't that why she posted to SM -- to get reactions?

16 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

There was a simple way to avoid being judged. Not post the picture to social media.

Also this ^^.

11 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Three little words: off the rack.

Two more words: good tailor.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Both look good, imo.

With the exception of Rinna/Yolanda, the others kids either did go to/graduate college or are too young as of now. LisaV's daughter graduated college but Max opted out. 

• Love 7

I think she looks great in the dress but I don't think it's age appropriate or event appropriate. I'm never been on board with young girls using makeup, surgery and/or clothing to age themselves by 10 years. She looks like she's 26, not 16. In 10 years time, she'll already be trying to reverse the clock. On one hand, I can give her kudos for having confidence in her body (especially given her past body issues), but on the other hand, I think this culture equates empowerment and confidence with wearing as little clothing as possible. I don't see curvy girls going viral for being covered up and still looking fire. But take a curvy girl and put on a bikini top on her and some daisy dukes and she'll go viral online because of how much she's slaying with her confidence. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Both look good, imo.

Between the lips and the boobs, the look she's chosen to project is the Lisa Rinna look.

You're right about the sample sizes.    Unfortunately for Amelia, the boobs are not an asset for a high fashion model.

• Love 7
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:08 PM, MatildaMoody said:

She was supposed to say, this is a school function and that dress is too revealing.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 5/6/2018 at 2:55 PM, SCS said:

But no one is shaming her --plus her comment on IG is "can't hide the gang", leading to the somewhat logical response of "Did you try?"

Isn't that why she posted to SM -- to get reactions?

Also this ^^.

Three little words: off the rack.

Two more words: good tailor.

Off the rack,  as a professional model is limiting her career.

the measurement needed to walk the runways are rigid. 

I was 55 kgs for 172 cm at 16. Still not runways material ;-)

On 5/6/2018 at 5:29 PM, AnnA said:

Between the lips and the boobs, the look she's chosen to project is the Lisa Rinna look.

You're right about the sample sizes.    Unfortunately for Amelia, the boobs are not an asset for a high fashion model.

Yes, even if the houses expanded the models sizes (and rightly so), she will not fit in a 36 or even a 38.

Edited by LIMOM
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/7/2018 at 7:40 AM, Higgins said:

She was supposed to say, this is a school function and that dress is too revealing.

I agree with LR, let the girl lives. What she wears is a reflection of her style not her morals or character. She can take that dress off.

Yes, she is showing her breasts but it is not a good idea for a mother to criticize a girl regarding her choice of attire, imo.

LR is being smart here and is fostering good inter relationship communication.

As far as the plastic surgeries, not a fan but Amelia is following the trend here as well.

In my times, girls got nose jobs and one of my girlfriends even got jaw surgery during summer break.

It improved Valentine’s self esteem and therefore was good for her.

Edited by LIMOM
On May 29, 2018 at 12:53 PM, Higgins said:

If she were my daughter, I would tell what is appropriate to wear to a school function. That's my job.

Agree.  Or "suggest" it is not appropriate.  She looks great, but not appropriate for the school function or her age.  My other thought is that since she has been in the modeling world and worn all sorts of (more mature) styles,  perhaps she has more sophisticated (older) tastes?

• Love 4

I think that both Amelia and Mason looked fine for the particular look they were trying to convey (sultry vs sweet?) I liked Mason's look better and thought it was more natural and age appropriate for a high school prom.  My question about Ameila is if her boobs and lips are real?  I think that if she has implants she'd have to realize that they are going to limit the type of modeling she can do.  Runway, probably not? Lingerie? Slam dunk!

• Love 1
On 2/18/2019 at 11:53 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

"She had a parasite, we think, and worms..."  

Way to keep that model stereotype in check.

I couldn't finish watching it. She is so dull. Cute doggy though!

• Love 4

There is no way that Harry Hamlin tweeted that. It doesn't sound like his social media "voice" at all. I'm going to say that Lisa Rinna tweeted that from Harry's account. I will bet you anything Harry Hamlin isn't even paying attention to this "feud". The shit happened over 20 years ago and he NEVER speaks of it publicly. But, suddenly we are supposed to believe that he would randomly respond to a tweet about it? If he doesn't get involved with the drama on the show, why on earth would he bother getting involved with it when it is solely on Social media?

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, bagger said:

He didn’t tweet anything else after she asked if he wanted the real truth revealed did he?

I only saw this one, about doing a lot of stuff with his wife nose to nose, and one where he called her babe - is “the real truth” about nose to nose violence?!

(Harry doesn’t seem quite over her.)

• Love 1

So we're to believe that Harry Hamlin is still carrying a grudge over a relationship that ended nearly 27 years ago? This is the bone Rinna choose to chew on? Lordt. If Nicolette and Harry hadn't split when they did - I don't think Rinna would be his wife now. She should be thankful and let it rest. But - anything for attention Rinna will do anything for attention. I really wish they'd bring someone on to challenge her.

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, druzy said:

image.png.42f0a8496fb6f20686eb9e752009cf70.png

This is just ridiculous.  Are they each getting a cut out of Teddi's business?  Or Erika's makeup deal?  Or did they each get a piece of American Woman?  All of those came about because of the show.  And let's be real- no one has even accused LVP of pushing the dog thing to make it a story line.  Even if she DID tell John Blizzard to tell Teddi, Teddi is the one who is responsible for what she chose to do with that information.  So far as we've seen on the show, Rinna, Teddi and Kyle have refused to let the Puppy Story drop, not LVP, so they're the ones who consciously chose to drive the story line.  They all claim it's "unscripted", so are they now going to say production told them not to let it die? 

• Love 20