Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

I wish Lisa would keep the girls off TV as well. I wouldn’t have dared flip off my father, but unfortunately their behavior isn’t super uncommon for teenagers. Im sure if cameras were rolling on me at the time, I would have at least said something stupid, and I was a pretty nice and polite teen. Once these embarrassing moments are on TV, you can’t take them back. 

I generally don’t like the idea of kids being on TV if they’re too young to really understand what’s appropriate, but I’ll admit I do enjoy seeing the adorable little ones like Dorit’s, and LVP’s and Kyle’s children also seem lovely. 

• Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I wish Lisa would keep the girls off TV as well. I wouldn’t have dared flip off my father, but unfortunately their behavior isn’t super uncommon for teenagers. Im sure if cameras were rolling on me at the time, I would have at least said something stupid, and I was a pretty nice and polite teen. Once these embarrassing moments are on TV, you can’t take them back. 

I generally don’t like the idea of kids being on TV if they’re too young to really understand what’s appropriate, but I’ll admit I do enjoy seeing the adorable little ones like Dorit’s, and LVP’s and Kyle’s children also seem lovely. 

I think each family is unique and what the kids can handle differs.

I'm on the fence about Lisa R's girls.  They are lovely and I am hopeful their modeling careers aren't negatively impacted too much by the show - or Lisa's sometimes over-the-top social media.  I believe Lisa mentioned that this happened in the past.

Still, I like the fact that Amelia has come forward publicly about her eating disorder on the show.  It will help so many others, I think, and hopefully, help her as well.  Eating disorders can be deadly. 

I'm not an expert but I have some experience in this area and eating disorders are often a response to something going on in the home.

I tend to believe these things are partly genetic but also environmental.  I think Lisa's OCD is involved somehow.  And Harry seems to be somewhat disengaged from the girls - and possibly Lisa.

Something seems off in the household - enough to have negative implications for someone born super sensitive and/or predisposed to interpret the world in certain ways.

There are things about Lisa R that annoy me, but I like her a lot in general for many reasons. 

Still, I think the family needs to be in therapy - not just Amelia. To me, it's a family issue first, and an individual issue second.

Edited by Jextella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

She just wanted to be famous - and she’s the “comic relief” on the show:

la-1561415274-vbmyq4crig-snap-image

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-real-housewives-beverly-hills-lisa-rinna-20190709-story.html

What I do like about her is she is so honest. She admitted she wanted to be famous and didn’t care if she was a serious actor or not. She said she doesn’t know if her contract will be renewed but that she’d like to return. Reality shows are full of people who are failed actors and Housewives who get all coy about whether or not they’ll return each season. Rinna says she’s more famous now than ever, but she was actually one of the few I’d heard of prior to RH. Some of the others think they’re super famous, but no one has a clue who the Housewives who are famous for being Housewives are unless they watch Bravo. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I saw a story this morning about Delilah Belle and her rehab stints for depression.  I got chills looking at her photo seeing what she’s done to her lips.  Does she just want to look like an f/u doll?  Like mother like daughter.  Disgusting!

CF2A7953-B9C8-45F2-9EE4-FE8DE406D01E.jpeg

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I saw a story this morning about Delilah Belle and her rehab stints for depression.  I got chills looking at her photo seeing what she’s done to her lips.  Does she just want to look like an f/u doll?  Like mother like daughter.  Disgusting!

To me, she looks like she is copying Kylie Jenner and many other young women on Instagram. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, nexxie said:

Apparently Rinna is passing down body dysmorphia, along with eating disorders - reminds me of this family...

kim-zolciak-daughters-1.jpg

Please tell me that's not Kim Zolciak and her daughters...??? The middle one kind of looks like her younger daughter.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So two daughters, one with an eating disorder, the other with serious depression requiring multiple rehab stays.  Maybe Lisa & Harry should focus more on their daughters health & happiness versus trying to push them into modeling/entertainment?

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Please tell me that's not Kim Zolciak and her daughters...??? The middle one kind of looks like her younger daughter.

It is. And Kim looks like she's attempting to signal estrus.

• LOL 7
8 hours ago, snarts said:

So two daughters, one with an eating disorder, the other with serious depression requiring multiple rehab stays.  Maybe Lisa & Harry should focus more on their daughters health & happiness versus trying to push them into modeling/entertainment?

Maybe Harry should have cut back on his "camping" trips and Lisa should have "hustled" a little less. It appears both of their daughters have issues tied to poor self esteem. Wonder how the son he had with Bond Girl Ursula Andress is getting along? Sort of wondered why Lisa didn't "bond" with another former Bond Girl Denise Richards over that? She is tellingly silent on the whole Harry/Ursula Andress relationship.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Early stages of trout pout, she should get that looked at.

I wonder if we would make different beauty choices if we knew *why* certain looks were attractive? (Men instinctively associate swollen red lips to mean a woman's labia is swollen and is ready for mating.) 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, chewycandy said:

The way the girls talked to their dad in that one scene where he cooked them all a meal tells me everything I need to know about that family... 

That was so sad, but he played a part in making that family as superficial and as off the rails as they are. He should have gotten his kids out of that shithole long ago and moved them to Canada. They're too far gone now. 

• Love 8
On 7/21/2019 at 6:29 AM, Dutchgirl said:

That was so sad, but he played a part in making that family as superficial and as off the rails as they are. He should have gotten his kids out of that shithole long ago and moved them to Canada. They're too far gone now. 

He should have taken them away from Rinna but he seems basically checked out from this family.

They seem a typical Hollywood celebrity family with all that implies.

Their values were on display and when they mocked the “fatties” last season. That comes direct from their mother who is an evil worthless bitch.

• Love 10
(edited)
On 7/21/2019 at 3:25 AM, Dutchgirl said:

I wonder if we would make different beauty choices if we knew *why* certain looks were attractive? (Men instinctively associate swollen red lips to mean a woman's labia is swollen and is ready for mating.) 

Her top lip looks like has a severe herpes outbreak. Sexy! Maybe she can ask Paris Hilton for some Valtrex.

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Love 2

I actually fear a bit for those two girls.  As much as Yolanda annoyed the heck out of me, she knows the modeling industry and the inherent risks/vices/temptations involved in the profession.  Given Rinna's desire to be famous above all else, I'm not sure that she really considered the nature of the industry that those two were getting into.   I know that on RHOBH, they came off as pretty shitty, but that doesn't mean I want to see a repeat of the Curtain girls.  Hopefully the younger one is serious about her education and steps away from the industry....if her ding bat mom will let her.

Neither one of them was going to set the modeling world on fire.

• Love 11
On 7/21/2019 at 5:25 AM, Dutchgirl said:

imo most who go for big puffy lips know what they’re doing.

Erika sure does - see the “No Polite Lips” clip:

https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-8/episode-1/videos/no-polite-lips

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I guess Rinna didn't take Bethenny's advice when she took her shots at LVP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7TxX9oaKFc

"Ya gotta land it, if they're trying to put her in the ground, if there's one finger moving, you better make sure she's dead, and she ain't."

B knows all about rabid narcissists like LVP, being one herself.

Edited by nexxie
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

B knows all about rabid narcissists like LVP, being one herself.

For me, this season was less about LVP, and more about the lies, bullshit and manipulation of Rinna, Teddi, Erika, Dorit and Kyle with the pretense that they are showing us the comeuppance of LVP. For them (in the words of MKE) JUSTICE! (that in itself is a whole 'nother story of irony, see Meghan's thread)

These creatures try to prove that LVP is a liar and manipulator by showing themselves to be just that which they hate about her. Nope, LVP is not innocent, but neither are they. We, the silly, gullible viewers have been fooled by her all of these years, while they are squeaky clean.

Then dumbass Rinna lets Bethenny know what the plan is, and dumbass Bethenny lets the world know, and then she tries to backpedal. Too late B.

I also truly believe the "Look how much more fun we are having now that the dark cloud has lifted" is just so fake. I feel offended as a viewer, (and I'm not even a resident of Magootsville) that they thought that we would buy into that. They all were terrified that the story would focus on their individual legal issues, so they banded together to control the collective narrative and protect one another. I won't mention your troubles as long as you don't mention mine. Let's point the camera in another direction, away from us.

The best defense is a good offense strategy doesn't always work. All one has to do to see proof of that is check out the twitter/instagram pages of Rinna, Erika, Dorit, Kyle or Teddi. They didn't see that coming! 😈

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20
32 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

For me, this season was less about LVP, and more about the lies, bullshit and manipulation of Rinna, Teddi, Erika, Dorit and Kyle with the pretense that they are showing us the comeuppance of LVP. For them (in the words of MKE) JUSTICE! (that in itself is a whole 'nother story of irony, see Meghan's thread)

These creatures try to prove that LVP is a liar and manipulator by showing themselves to be just that which they hate about her. Nope, LVP is not innocent, but neither are they. We, the silly, gullible viewers have been fooled by her all of these years, while they are squeaky clean.

Then dumbass Rinna lets Bethenny know what the plan is, and dumbass Bethenny lets the world know, and then she tries to backpedal. Too late B.

I also truly believe the "Look how much more fun we are having now that the dark cloud has lifted" is just so fake. I feel offended as a viewer, (and I'm not even a resident of Magootsville) that they thought that we would buy into that. They all were terrified that the story would focus on their individual legal issues, so they banded together to control the collective narrative and protect one another. I won't mention your troubles as long as you don't mention mine. Let's point the camera in another direction, away from us.

The best defense is a good offense strategy doesn't always work. All one has to do to see proof of that is check out the twitter/instagram pages of Rinna, Erika, Dorit, Kyle or Teddi. They didn't see that coming! 😈

The difference between “normal” housewives on this series and those who are either high in narcissistic traits or npd comes down to their intentions toward others and the presence or lack of empathy. Both B and LVP, among others, fully intend to fuck with people (whom they see as props for their own use), and have zero conscience or empathy relating to their behavior toward others. 

Of course the women left on the show have fun together without LVP - it’s always more relaxing when there’s no predator sniffing around.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, nexxie said:

The difference between “normal” housewives on this series and those who are either high in narcissistic traits or npd comes down to their intentions toward others and the presence or lack of empathy

I cannot call Rinna, Erika, Kyle or Dorit "normal". In fact, I can't call any housewife on any franchise "normal".

They are all very thirsty individuals that live for, and would do almost anything for camera exposure, likely to sell whatever they are selling, or whatever their husbands are selling.

LVP is included in that bunch.

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I cannot call Rinna, Erika, Kyle or Dorit "normal". In fact, I can't call any housewife on any franchise "normal".

They are all very thirsty individuals that live for, and would do almost anything for camera exposure, likely to sell whatever they are selling, or whatever their husbands are selling.

Have to agree.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Being thirsty for the limelight does not automatically include viewing others as mere props to be used for amusement or self-aggrandisement. 

• Love 3
On 7/20/2019 at 8:02 AM, nexxie said:

Apparently Rinna is passing down body dysmorphia, along with eating disorders - reminds me of this family...

kim-zolciak-daughters-1.jpg

Zolciaks are morphing into one person. Brielle and Ariana look like their mothers age

• Love 3
22 hours ago, nexxie said:

Being thirsty for the limelight does not automatically include viewing others as mere props to be used for amusement or self-aggrandisement. 

Does making a pilot in which you drive around feeding "bums" bologna sandwiches and offering them makeovers with your siblings qualify as using people as props?  Asking for a friend. 

• Love 23
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It's creepy watching someone so blatantly and unashamedly restructure this show to her liking. She came to RHOBH and almost immediately started breaking down who she felt was the queen with her outing of LVP and the alleged Munchausen gossip, and from there, she just chipped and chiseled away at her until she finally broke off and left. And now she's rebuilding with her bestie. Lisa Rinna is a disgusting pig, the ring leader, and the others were only too happy to follow along. I don't think I'm going to watch anymore.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13

It's creepy watching someone so blatantly and unashamedly restructure this show to her liking. She came to RHOBH and almost immediately started breaking down who she felt was the queen with her outing of LVP and the alleged Munchausen gossip, and from there, she just chipped and chiseled away at her until she finally broke off and left. And now she's rebuilding with her bestie. Lisa Rinna is a disgusting pig, the ring leader, and the others were only too happy to follow along. I don't think I'm going to watch anymore.

Wasn't all the Munchhausen stuff in Rinna's second season? It wasn't really immediately...

Also, Rinna isn't smart enough or subtle enough to organize a palace coup, in my opinion. And it isn't like LVP hasn't had beef with other women on this show that had nothing to do with Rinna. Unlike LVP, Rinna really isn't a "sniper from the side" type, she's more a bumbling incompetent.

*Edited because, yikes on my mistakes...

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Wasn't all the Munchhausen stuff in Rinna's second season? It wasn't really immediately...

Also, Rinna isn't smart enough or subtle enough to organize a palace coup, in my opinion. And it isn't like LVP hasn't had beef other women this show that had nothing to do with Rinna. Unlike LVP, Rinna really a "sniper from the side" type, she's more a bumbling incompetent.

I think you underestimate Rinna. JMO.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Also, Rinna isn't smart enough or subtle enough to organize a palace coup, in my opinion. And it isn't like LVP hasn't had beef other women this show that had nothing to do with Rinna. Unlike LVP, Rinna really a "sniper from the side" type, she's more a bumbling incompetent.

It was indeed her second season, and yes LVP has had beef with multiple people that’s got zero to do with Rinna. 

Yeah compare Rinna bringing up LVP’s lawsuit on camera to how LVP talked about the Mauricio rumors and how Eileen met Vinny. I don’t think it’s because Rinna isn’t smart. If she likes you, she leaves you alone. And if she doesn’t like you, she’s not concerned with coming across innocent. She’ll stir it up without needing the guise of a joke or whatever. 

I think this is why most of the women favored Rinna to LVP. Rinna can say and do crazy things, but you know where you stand with her. You’ll think things are peachy with LVP then she’ll say something insensitive. 

• Love 8

I don’t think it’s because Rinna isn’t smart. If she likes you, she leaves you alone. And if she doesn’t like you, she’s not concerned with coming across innocent. She’ll stir it up without needing the guise of a joke or whatever. 

I can see that. She certainly is about as subtle as a shovel to the face.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Honestly, I love that Lisa is always having a good time. 

Same! And I’m sure the people who attended Bravo Con appreciated that she was down for acting like a fool. That’s not the type of event where you want everyone to just sit and be boring — if it isn’t trashy and snark-worthy, it just isn’t Bravo®️.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I know she’s not perfect, but I don’t think she’s as bad as she’s made out to be. 

Certainly not on the level of those who actually murdered thousands and thousands of people.

• Love 4