Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Crossed

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

If you've read the comics, be very careful to avoid spoiling those who don't, and keep in mind that some people may have much stricter notions of what a spoiler is. Any substantial comic talk should go in the comics thread; minor discussion is okay here, but be very liberal with the spoiler tags, and don't give away too much outside the tags either. We're still figuring out what the right solution for this is; we'd love your thoughts on it here.

The worse part of that guy attacking Sacha shows how they really cannot trust anyone no matter how nice they pretend to be.

I wonder what game Dawn is playing with Beth. 

Surprisingly, I liked the Glenn, Maggie, Tara, Rosita, and Abraham story. I really like Rosita.

• Love 14

I loved the Morganizing of the church.

Orange Backpack gets to go on a mission!

Father Gabriel, check the church supplies for some scouring powder and maybe some dish soap if the floor blood bothers you so much. Make a paste, let it sit for a while, that shit'll scrub right out.

Abraham, I do believe neither Rosita nor Maggie are going to put up with your shit.

Is it weird that I hope Eugene pulls through?

That planning session was giving me wicked Vatos flashbacks.

Oh, I hope Carol fucks somebody in that hospital up!

See, Eugene does have a purpose. Water filtration.

Nice tire shot by Sasha.

I'm so glad I finished eating right before Daryl used a walker head as a weapon.

Why do I hope that the two cops survive and don't turn out to be jackasses?

Apparently, even in the ZA, one can find time to fish.

Beth is kinda impressing me right now.

Was Sasha wearing Bob's shirt?

That is some damn good advice, Tyreese. At least Sasha got to say goodbye.

So, Gabriel is willing to body-slam walkers but not kill them.

Tara found a yo-yo in the bag. That is pretty sweet.

Son of a bitch asshole cop! I wanted you to be different!

Edited by Rosiejuliemom
  • Love 16

I like Rosita as well.  It's nice to see a Latina portrayed as smart and capable.  It was good to see Maggie "back" as well. 

I can't believe Sascha fell for that, maybe because his name was Bob?  Lots of loose ends for next weeks mid season finale.

• Love 9

I feel horrible for the reverend.  How does one keep faith in a world of despair.  I mean the show opened with everyone tearing his church apart. 

Even Carol, a couple of episodes ago, said she doesn't know if there's a God or heaven.  A far cry from the Carol from season two, who said Sophia was "in a better place".

On a different note, can we get rid of Tara?  She's taking a lot of the lines that could be given to Rosita.  I could give a crap if she found a yo-yo.

And Eugene's awake.  Maybe he and Abraham will kiss and make up and have sweet man-lovin'.

• Love 2

I was mostly bored. The Daryl kill was beyond gross. I saw the the thing with Cop Bon coming but I really hoped he was legit.

I still don't understand the whole Carolnon life support... She was breathing on her own. Really confused.

I can't believe they are leading into the mid season finale with such a slow episode.

• Love 5

I liked it but I am liking this season as a whole.  Enjoyed the Tara-Rosita-Glenn bonding.  

I was thinking "don't leave Tyreese in charge of the prisoner, whew they left Sasha.." and then she lets him up!  She has not shown to be that trusting, is she still supposed to be shell shocked from Bob?  She's been more practical than that, so that scene didn't work for me.

Don't know what Fr Gabriel's deal is yet, maybe he will run into Morgan.

Dawn is setting Beth up I think.

• Love 5

So Michonne is minding the kids and counseling the priest. Wonder if she had time to do the dishes and wax the floors.

When Rick finds out that BobboCop has escaped, he's going to kick Daryl's ass.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 5

That wasn't very good.  The stupid was strong in this episode.

Lmao, yes!

I want Gabriel to die already. He's useless and annoying.

I spent the entire scene with Sasha and the cop waiting for him to screw her over... and he did.

I'm not sure of how filtering water through sweaty, dirty clothes will help a lot.

It was so weird seeing Maggie actually talking again. I was surprised that Eugene woke up, I thought he was a goner. I want someone to tell Tara that yoyos were invented as a weapon, IIRC, and that yoyo could actually be useful if she learns to use it.

They should've just knocked those cops out and let that be the end of that. Never listen to the baddies talking bullshit.

It feels like most of 5A were episodes that were setting up the midseason finale.

And, holy crap, Carl looks grown up! His voice is getting deeper and all.

Pull through, Carol!

• Love 6

I feel horrible for the reverend.  How does one keep faith in a world of despair.  I mean the show opened with everyone tearing his church apart. .

I have a hard time with Gabriel because the Joker comes out in his acting style.  So I keep associating his unravelling in the ZA to him being crazypants instead of trying to keep faith in a world of despair.  And not just crazypants due to the ZA but Batman super-villain escaped from Arkham Asylum  and in disguise as a preacher until the ZA pushed him over the edge.  There is a consistent thread of maniacal laughter and giddiness in his acting since his first episode.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 4

Did Noah say that the first two cops were "good" ones? In light of what that good cop did to Sasha, can we still trust Noah? Dang, I don't trust anyone anymore....

Relatively speaking I'd say he' could still be a good one.  He didn't stop to make sure Sasha died.  It probably means that the female cop's assessment of the dawn situation is the truth vs. Bob's though.

• Love 2

Rick's back to his kinda-crazy badass self and I could not be happier.  Maggie's back to being her hardened self.  The show scraped the comic book off Rosita and I really like her now.  Tara continues to be adorable.  Beth stepped it up.  I'm just disappointed that there were actual fish in the water.  I was hoping for an underwater zombie.  The episode was thisclose to perfect, and they found fish instead of a zombie.

I have no idea what Father Gabriel thinks he's doing.  I'd be sitting at Michonne and Carl's feet, taking notes.  A woman who lived a life of privilege prior to the ZA and a teenage boy turned into hardened warriors, and they're willing to teach you.  And he bails?  He's delusional.

The melted zombies were a new touch and gave me a whole new respect for the designers.  You guys are creepy!  Well done.  That was all kinds of gross and then Daryl used a head as a weapon and catapulted the whole thing into awesome territory.  Nice going, Daryl.

• Love 16

The music during the final scene was reminiscent of "The Cylon Prisoner," my favorite track from BSG.  I don't always notice Bear McCreary's work on this show, but it was really lovely and a perfect compliment to the closing scenes.

Tara can see unnecessary at times, but her sense of wonder is greatly appreciated.  She's like a goofy kid sometimes and that kind of energy is needed, and a good contrast to Beth's doe-eyed naivety and Bob's sudden state of zen.

I enjoyed the Tara-Rosita-Glenn bonding.

I did too!  The small, human moments have always been my favorite scenes, so I adore when the characters take time away from being slaughtered by other humans and just do normal, everyday things.   

• Love 13

Did not enjoy this episode at all. It was filler. I had PTSD-like flashbacks of that episode in Season 3 where Rick and the Governor did nothing but glare at each other for an hour, while Andrea tried to play peacemaker. At least with that episode, the characters were consistently written. The writing was just bad here.

Why would you ever take a conscientious objector-type like Tyreese on a mission where you are planning to kill people. Did the whole Martin incident teach them nothing? Meanwhile, you leave Michonne (aka "the weapon with a weapon") back at the church to watch the kids? Okay.

Something about Sasha rubs me the wrong way. I just don't care about her grief over losing the her boyfriend of ten minutes. It's like Karen and Tyreese all over again. Did we really need to devote that much time to her issues during this episode?

Maggie was tough this episode, but she's still boring and still having a successful memory-bypass about her sister.

Where the hell were Rick and Daryl during the second half of the episode? They seemed to have disappeared.

Finally, you know its bad when you think that the Beth parts of the episode were the strongest. She, at least, had a mission and managed to accomplish it this episode.

Edited by leto
  • Love 9
I feel horrible for the reverend.  How does one keep faith in a world of despair.  I mean the show opened with everyone tearing his church apart. .

I don't feel bad at all. I was happy that he left. Hopefully he will get eaten now. He is acting so whiny and high and mighty now because while people like Rick and his crew were surviving and getting tougher, he was hiding and letting people die outside of his church. That is fucked. So, no sympathy from me. The annoying thing is that I get the feeling that they're setting up a long arc with him, and I am not interested.

• Love 16

Out, out damn spot, take it easy Father Gabriel. And by the way where the hell did he think he was running to after tunneling out of the church.

It doesn't matter how tough she tries to talk or act i just don't buy Beth as a badass. Stop trying to make us viewers believe all of a sudden Darryl and the lady cop others think she is strong and tough, please.

This episode was definitely filler, hope something good happens in the mid season finale.

• Love 7

The small, human moments have always been my favorite scenes, so I adore when the characters take time away from being slaughtered by other humans and just do normal, everyday things.

Plus for me I like seeing that they know how to do things, even a little thing like being creative about the fishing.  It is so good to be out of the single set (the farm,the prison, etc) - I'm a sucker for wide-open, uninhabited scenes, the shots of Atlanta, etc.

Meanwhile, you leave Michonne (aka "the weapon with a weapon") back at the church to watch the kids? Okay.

It's a drag to see her sidelined but in the context of the mission, Rick had a definite, stealth "get in, get out" plan and I got the impression she was really doing him a favor by making sure the kids were safe.  It was Daryl agreeing with Tyreese that got Rick changing his mind.

• Love 2

Out, out damn spot, take it easy Father Gabriel. And by the way where the hell did he think he was running to after tunneling out of the church.

It doesn't matter how tough she tries to talk or act i just don't buy Beth as a badass. Stop trying to make us viewers believe all of a sudden Darryl and the lady cop others think she is strong and tough, please.

This episode was definitely filler, hope something good happens in the mid season finale.

I don't see Beth as a badass. I see her as a kid who finally stood up for herself, for a change, so now she feels strong and that she can do anything. That's where her bravado is coming from. I'm not sure she is really getting strong and, frankly, all through this episode I kept fearing that she was going to be knocked down from her bravado/"strenght" pedestal because something bad was going to happen as a consequence of her getting recklessly bolder. Talking to the bad cop like that abouth the dvd was stupid, for example.

• Love 9

Water: this ep's theme. Deep, eh? Ahahaha I'll show myself out...

And last week's theme was fire. So in the mid-season finale will the themes be earth and wind?

For everyone who's been moaning about the lack of the ick factor, hope this filled the void. The melted zombies were insanely gross. Like Guy Fieri shoving food into his cakehole x10 gross.

• Love 13

This episode had me facepalming.

Sasha letting her guard down. 

Abraham kneeling in the imaginary dunce corner.

Maggie not arming herself, before checking on Mullet.

Yeah, I thought maybe Mullet had died and turned. 

Was I supposed to be actively rooting for Father Pee Pants to get eaten this entire episode?  Because I'm beyond incredulous at this point that anyone this useless is still alive this far into the apocalypse and I'm just completely over his sniveling and want him to stop taking up screentime. 

The melted walkers were so disgusting I was actually gagging.  My husband had to tell me what Daryl did there because I simply couldn't stop dry heaving to look.  It's been awhile since they've managed that.

I found myself liking Rosita for the first time and Maggie for the first time in forever.  Competence and know-how looks good on both of them.  More of that please and less of whatever it was Abraham was supposed to be doing this entire episode.  You were putting all your faith in a "scientist" with a mullet and surprise surprise it didn't pan out.  I've only got so much sympathy and you're not at the head of the line.

• Love 5

Was I imagining things, or did I catch a certain glance between Glenn and Rosita?  I'd love to see a love triangle in the ZA.

I knew that cop was just fucking with Sasha but I still felt bad for her to wake up, knowing she'd been played.

• Love 7

Yeah, I thought maybe Mullet had died and turned. 

Closed captioning had him saying hello. I was skeptical but Maggie was running her mouth so much I figured he must be alive if she can be in his presence and continue yammering. We'll see next episode.

• Love 2

After all they've been through, I can't buy that Rick & Co automatically trusted the words from those two cops.  Nor can I believe the two cops who just encountered and fought with a group of strangers, even with Noah apparently with the group, right away gave up info about the hospital and Dawn.  Each side knows next to nothing about the other and since they've both been surviving so far, I doubt they would immediately trust an unknown entity.  So I will hope that the ones who headed into the hospital have a better plan and are prepared for a full on fight inside.

Hope that priest gets eaten soon.  I suspect there's some place he's headed though, so I guess we'll find out what his real story is soon enough.

Beth has picked up some great nursing skills while at the hospital/asylum.  Now she's hooking up IV's and administering drugs into said IVs.  I hope Carol regains consciousness soon so she can defend herself in the upcoming shootout.

• Love 2

This is pure speculation but I don't think PeePants will get eaten. He'll keep that damn nail he stepped on because vague crucifixion connection blah blah blah Jesus. Then Carl and Michonne will let him into the church/inn and Judith will be in there with a diaper in one hand a machete in the other, and she will blow a raspberry and it will mean "The choice is yours." Cue epiphany.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 14

And last week's theme was fire. So in the mid-season finale will the themes be earth and wind?

For everyone who's been moaning about the lack of the ick factor, hope this filled the void. The melted zombies were insanely gross. Like Guy Fieri shoving food into his cakehole x10 gross.

Nothing is grosser than Guy Fieri shoving food into his mouth with those stubby Jimmy Dean sausage fingers.    Not even the pink zombies. 

I don't know what Frere pee pee's end game is, and do not care. 

Glenn and Rosita did indeed share a glance.    Can you blame her?    Ugh, she had to shave Abraham, and Glenn is a cute guy. 

Maggie is safe from walker Eugene, since he doesn't seem to be able to use his arms when alive, and is now on his back like a turtle.

Negotiate, my ass.   Shoot them all, except the Doctor, who will be useful.

• Love 12