Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Crossed

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

OR Wheeler's.

OR hemochromatosis.

Silly goose.

If a patient, with a spouse who works in a nuclear plant, goes on vacation in a third world country, and upon her return is stuck at the airport and while walking home is bitten by a bat, and treats the wound with a liquid from an unlabeled bottle in the garage, and has that wound bandaged by a neighbor who works in a sewage plant, and doesn't go to the emergency room because she is in a hurry to care for her syphilitic father who has MRSA, then collapses while at the zoo, only Dr. House is able to make the obvious diagnosis: the patient ate a toaster pastry that morning that was contaminated with Chinese melamine.

Prognosis: stop buying cheap off-label Pop-Tarts at Save-A-Lot and she will be fine.

• Love 7

Does anyone else think that the cop rick

was gonna kill then daryl talked him out of it was possibly negan?

For what it's worth, in the credits the actor (Christopher Matthew Cook) who played that cop was identified as Licari.

ETA: I hope it's okay that I edited my own post to delete you-know-what.

Edited by Raven1707
Added spoiler tags - possible comic spoilers
  • Love 2

Other than Glenn, none of the people Maggie is with knew Beth. She is fond of Tara, but I don't think she can ever really discuss Beth and Hershel with Tara because of The Governor. We've only seen her in one solo scene with Glenn this season, IIRC. I tend to assume she's either just repressing everything, or she confides her guilt and fears in him and we never hear it. I still wish they'd given her that type of scene, but I don't think she's comfortable with most of the people around her.

I don't think Daryl was just staring at Carol. He challenged her when her behavior bothered him. I think he knows not to bring up things that have happened to her, because he knows when people did that to him, he lashed out. He only revealed certain things about himself when he felt comfortable doing so. He's waiting until she's ready. And she likely wants to say something, but she isn't ready yet either, because she doesn't know how she feels.

Oh man. You just made me think about how much bonding Tara and Maggie could have had over their 'lost' sisters - both due to the Governor! What a wasted opportunity. :(  I would love for them to commiserate with each other.

What I meant re: Daryl is that there have been many scenes where he's just...watching her. He may not be expecting her to say anything; maybe he's just trying to ascertain her mental well-being at any given time or this is TPTB's way of visually showing us that he's worried about her (since he's not very verbally demonstrative) but I personally find that when someone is drilling holes into my head with their eyes, I want to kind of snap "oh my God! What? What do you want?" ;)

• Love 2

Daryl is an abuse survivor so he may be used to watching people carefully to see what their moods are in case he needs to get out of the way quickly or prepare to fight (though that might be giving the writers too much credit).  Also, he's a hunter and a tracker and he'd need to be observant to be good at that.

• Love 3

Hey Deadheads - Just a reminder about Comic Spoilers,.

If you are not sure about it, or mention something comics based, Spoiler Tag it Please. You guys have been really good the last few weeks, but just in case you forgot, here is your reminder.

If it Refers to the Comics ---> Spoiler Tag Spoiler Tag Spoiler Tag Spoiler Tag Spoiler Tag Spoiler Tag Spoiler Tag

• Love 1

Why do I have a horrible feeling that Father Gabriel is going to come back to the church and set it on fire? :-(

That was bothering me a bit when they light all those candles near the walls. Also it made me think of The Patriot.

If I remember correctly, when Maggie said that her voice trembled, as if she were on the verge of tears or trying to stifle her emotions.  I'm sure I read an article somewhere in which either Kirkman or Scott Gimple said that her failure to mention her sister would be addressed.  It's possible she can't bear to think too much about the loss of her father and sister.  We may see her snap at some point---remember "Beside The Dying Fire", directly after the fall of the farm, when she was with Glenn and in the grip of near-hysteria over Hershel and Beth.

It does seem unlikely that the omission is not deliberate.  I just think they're handling it poorly.  It borders on character assassination.  They could have one scene where Glenn attempts to talk to her about Beth, and Maggie cuts him off, or walks away, or says she can't talk about it.  I think that's all it would take.  I like Maggie, and I don't believe for a second she would not be worried about Beth night and day.  Maggie and Hershel always sheltered Beth, and I don't think Maggie would shrug that off.

• Love 1

Yes, but really what has Tyrese actually said about Karen? He's been mopey, and right after they found Karen dead he was like a robot on the medicine run when he refused to get out of the walker-surrounded car--I don't think that was over the top considering it had just happened. But I can't really remember him going on and on about her. I remember him just this episode telling Sasha he knows how she feels, but other than like 2 episodes where he told Rick 'we have to find who did this' I don't really remember him bringing up Karen.

• Love 2

Daryl's lucky he's standing behind him.

Okay, I know people always say they spray coffee on their screens, but this time I actually did it. Just a few drops and it was tea, not coffee, but still...:p

BTW, that was a bad mistake Daryl made, disagreeing with RIck in front of the cop and not presenting a united front. He should have known better.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 2
Yes, but really what has Tyrese actually said about Karen? He's been mopey, and right after they found Karen dead he was like a robot on the medicine run when he refused to get out of the walker-surrounded car--I don't think that was over the top considering it had just happened. But I can't really remember him going on and on about her. I remember him just this episode telling Sasha he knows how she feels, but other than like 2 episodes where he told Rick 'we have to find who did this' I don't really remember him bringing up Karen.

He talked about her quite a bit with Carol in The Grove, how he was having nightmares, etc.

BTW, that was a bad mistake Daryl made, disagreeing with RIck in front of the cop and not presenting a united front. He should have known better.

Totally agree!  And I just really didn't understand why Daryl was looking all concerned when Rick had Evil Cop in his sights, like he was worried about Rick's mental state if he was contemplating killing the cop. That cop had JUST had Daryl on the ground. He was shoving his face near a walker and trying to KILL him. So what if Rick shot the dude? Damn. I feel like the theme this season is "Rick is going off the rails, everyone try to contain him" - except I have yet to see one thing Rick has done that seems too brutal, like he's losing his humanity. Not at all. They SHOULD be listening to him. No one wanted to finish of the Termites....and look what happened to Bob!

• Love 5

That cop had JUST had Daryl on the ground. He was shoving his face near a walker and trying to KILL him. So what if Rick shot the dude?

If not for Rick and the walker head, Daryl would be dead. The cop was going to kill him - and came very close to doing so -  and now he's allowed the cop to see he can play Daryl and Rick off each other in a reverse good cop/bad cop way? I really hate how they've turned Daryl into some kind of "Can't we all just get along?" schmoopie when he's never had any hesitation to take out anyone who was a threat. He had no problem shooting Mitch at the prison battle, even after Mitch dropped his weapon, and he was cold enough to shoot Mitch in the chest, leaving him to turn.

The look that Rick gave Daryl when he interferred might cause me to re-think butting in to spare the life of someone who would have cheerfully killed anyone in their group, if I were Daryl. It wasn't good.

Is8j0mu.jpg

• Love 5

I forgot to mention when it aired, but it was unrealistic how they made Daryl so soft with these bad cops. Although Daryl is perfectly fine with Rick, I would think that Daryl's background would put a chip on his shoulder when dealing with the hospital cop gang.

• Love 4