Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Crossed - Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

I don't know what to expect of this episode since the last 3 have failed me, but I'm just happy to see Rick/Michonne/Judith/Sasha/etc again. And I'm hoping we move on from the hospital. I want Rick to blow up the whole place and just carry on. I want limited Beth time, though given she's the only conscious one from our group that's in the hospital, I doubt I'll get that. 

• Love 3

I'm guessing that Judith, Tyresse and Father Pee Pants will stay at Our Sister of Incontinence Church. Maybe the Six Stooges will return and Judith will shoot them.

I like your speculation, although I think it's more likely that suddenly a walker threat will appear and then Carl will have to save them all while Tyrese and FPP sob in a corner. It will get intense, but thankfully, the DC-crew will arrive and Eugene will scare the walkers away with the horror of his freshly beaten face.

• Love 4

I don't know if we can discuss previews here(shown last week after the episode):

The preview showed Michonne, priest, and Carl staying behind with Judith. Tyrese, Sasha, Rick, Daryl, and Noah went back for Beth and Carol. Still can't wrap my head around why Michonne would stay back while Tyrese would go, but maybe they wanted to make sure at least one competent person was with the kids.

Edited by HalcyonDays
Removed spoiler tags
  • Love 1

The preview showed Michonne, priest, and Carl staying behind with Judith. Tyrese, Sasha, Rick, Daryl, and Noah went back for Beth and Carol. Still can't wrap my head around why Michonne would stay back while Tyrese would go, but maybe they wanted to make sure at least one competent person was with the kids.

I think Michonne is the unspoken surrogate parent that would take over with Rick's kids if anything happened to him.  I think they built that relationship on the way to Terminus.   I suspect whether they are saying it, its mutually understood between Rick and Michonne that one of them is going to stay with the kids if they need to leave them behind during a mission.  Its Michonne over Tyresse because Carl is the one old enough to need more emotional support if anything happens to his father and Michonne is closest to him.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1

I don't know what to expect of this episode since the last 3 have failed me, but I'm just happy to see Rick/Michonne/Judith/Sasha/etc again. And I'm hoping we move on from the hospital. I want Rick to blow up the whole place and just carry on. I want limited Beth time, though given she's the only conscious one from our group that's in the hospital, I doubt I'll get that. 

I think I am in the minority here but I have enjoyed the last three episodes. I like the character development and back stories. I think if it became just a linear story line I would get bored. Rick and Co. marching along killing walkers along the way, pretty monotonous after a while. Do we even know what their plan is? Where they want to end up?

• Love 2

I think I am in the minority here but I have enjoyed the last three episodes. I like the character development and back stories. I think if it became just a linear story line I would get bored. Rick and Co. marching along killing walkers along the way, pretty monotonous after a while. Do we even know what their plan is? Where they want to end up?

I love the character-based stories and background, too.  If I want nothing but zombie kills, I can watch Z Nation.  TWD is so much richer than that.

• Love 5

I love the character-based stories and background, too.  If I want nothing but zombie kills, I can watch Z Nation.  TWD is so much richer than that.

Same here, but *looks around cautiously* I fear we're outnumbered!

Naw. I think that there are lots of us.  We're just less vocal!  Perhaps we should remedy that...

Kind of annoyed Michonne stayed behind as babysitter while Tyreese went on the field trip. Sure, he can be dangerous....but 9 times outta 10 he's gonna stand there motionless. Michonne's 100000x more badass.

Sorry, Tyreese.

• Love 3

Re: It's not that I hate backstories, I wouldnt still be watching the show if all I wanted was zombie kills. It's the main focus on 1-2 characters that kill me. It was brutal the back half of last season. The last 3 episodes could have been split up between everyone and I think it could have helped. 

This episode is already infinitely better as we're seeing three different groups already in the first 15 minutes. 

• Love 3

I just got back from dinner; what did I miss?

Michonne & Carl are babysitting Lil Asskicker & Father Gabriel.

And Michonne is not being marginalized. If anything should happen to Rick, she gets custody of the Grimes kids.

Edited to add that before they left the church, they used the organ pipes to build Morgan-style walker traps outside the doors.

Edited by editorgrrl