Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I wish there was a reaction emoji for hugs. In any case, I'm sending you big, virtual ones. I'm sure you could use some. Will be keeping all my fingers and toes crossed.

50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

@Rescue Mama, sending healing vibes your way. Hang in there! We're all here for you. ♥️

Thank you both so much.  The kindness here is greatly appreciated.  

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Rescue Mama said:

Im sorry to have barged in, asking for support and then disapearing.   I was officially diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer which has spread to my brain.  Im on radiation now for the brain cancer.  I guess they have to fix that before they can work on my lungs.  You guys are great and i really appreciate the support you gave to me...to a stranger.   

Tomorrow is my last radiation appointment and then we check to see if it worked if it worked then I'll start chemotherapy.  Maybe keep a finger crossed for me?   Thank you all.  Have a great week. 

Oh @Rescue Mama - my heart goes out to you.  My son was diagnosed with stage four metastatic kidney cancer about 2 months ago.  I did post something on here.  Not comparing diagnoses, but, just hearing those words are scary.  I have been in my own dark place since then.  There are some great treatments out there and I'm sending healing thoughts and positive vibes your way and lots of supportive hugs as you make it through.  We are here for you.

• Love 19

@Rescue Mama, sending you best wishes and my prayers for you.

it seems silly to say this in the face of the losses and challenges that so many of you have been dealing with. But. Yesterday my little dog went to the Rainbow Bridge, in my arms, at the vet. And I've cried more tears than I thought I had in me. He was almost twelve years old, and had lived with me for most of his life. He was a sweet, happy, mellow little guy, with such a lovely temperament.

His health had been going downhill for several weeks, with more than one "no good prognosis" diagnoses including (probable) pituitary gland tumor and (definitely) collapsing trachea. He'd lost a lot of weight, had seizures, breathing difficulties, became unable to digest most of the food he used to eat (I'd started cooking chicken for him since he seemed to be able to digest that. Don't think I can look at chicken for awhile after all this.)

I've of course second-guessed myself nonstop for the last 24 hours. Did I act too soon? Was I being selfish? And man I miss him this morning! This new normal just hurts my heart.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 2

Rescue Mama, I just read about your diagnosis. I'm adding my prayers, hugs and well wishes to all of those already here.  There are great people here for support. You have already seen that.  I just hate cancer.  I hope your treatments are helpful. I believe healing thoughts are.  

Jeeves, I'm so sorry to read about the the loss of your little guy....my goodness, I know that must hurt. Don't second guess yourself, though.  You did right for him.  I know it hurts so bad right now.  Sometimes, time helps. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 6

@Rescue Mama  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  My simple prayer for those I love it that they get wise and compassionate care.  I hope that for you.  I hope you feel the great love that comes from this little space in the world.

@Jeeves To lose anyone or anything you love is so hard.  To make one of the most unselfish and loving decisions to let your little guy go is a real gift to him.  Second guessing ourselves is what we do as humans.  I hope remembering good times with him can give you peace.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

@Rescue Mama, sending you best wishes and my prayers for you.

it seems silly to say this in the face of the losses and challenges that so many of you have been dealing with. But. Yesterday my little dog went to the Rainbow Bridge, in my arms, at the vet. And I've cried more tears than I thought I had in me. He was almost twelve years old, and had lived with me for most of his life. He was a sweet, happy, mellow little guy, with such a lovely temperament.

His health had been going downhill for several weeks, with more than one "no good prognosis" diagnoses including (probable) pituitary gland tumor and (definitely) collapsing trachea. He'd lost a lot of weight, had seizures, breathing difficulties, became unable to digest most of the food he used to eat (I'd started cooking chicken for him since he seemed to be able to digest that. Don't think I can look at chicken for awhile after all this.)

I've of course second-guessed myself nonstop for the last 24 hours. Did I act too soon? Was I being selfish? And man I miss him this morning! This new normal just hurts my heart.

I've been there with two cats and a dog this year, so I know how hard this is.  I am certain that you gave him a happy life and made the right decision for him.

• Love 7

Rescue Mama, I hope you get good news after this last radiation treatment and you can plan the next course of attack. Having watched my mom go through cancer treatment over the last year, it's amazing what oncologists and surgeons can do now. But cancer can still go screw itself.

Jeeves, don't second guess yourself. You did what was best for your boy and he is now running free and healthy. I'm one of those who truly believes we'll see our loved ones, including pets, again in the next life, whatever that is. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Oh @Rescue Mama - my heart goes out to you.  My son was diagnosed with stage four metastatic kidney cancer about 2 months ago.  I did post something on here.  Not comparing diagnoses, but, just hearing those words are scary.  I have been in my own dark place since then.  There are some great treatments out there and I'm sending healing thoughts and positive vibes your way and lots of supportive hugs as you make it through.  We are here for you.

I honestly think the diagnosis your son got is worse than mine, not that I'm comparing either.  It's hard on my family but I'd rather it be me than one of my kids.  Ill keep you both in my thoughts.  

Thank you to all of you for the kindness and support. 

@Jeeves, posting about your baby is not at all silly.  The whole time i was in the hospital, I missed my dog and cat and thought mostly of them. You love your baby and that isn't silly.  Im so sorry for your loss.   

Edited by Rescue Mama
  • Love 12

That's weird. I have Dark as a theme choice on my phone.

Go to the Bugs forum and report the problem to one of the mods who can hopefully fix it. Tell them what you're posting from (phone, tablet, etc) and what operating system you're using (Chrome, etc).

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I clicked on "Theme" at bottom of page, next to Font Size.  It listed three choices one above the other:-IPS default, Light (default) or Dark.  I chose Dark just to test it & it did change to dark. Hope this helps

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I clicked on "Theme" at bottom of page, next to Font Size.  It listed three choices one above the other:-IPS default, Light (default) or Dark.  I chose Dark just to test it & it did change to dark. Hope this helps

I restarted my iPad and Voila! dark was listed as a choice! I should know better. Restarting always seems to solve a myriad of problems. My eyes are happy now.

(yay!!)

• Love 10

@Jeeves, I am so sorry. I lost my 19+ year-old kitty in May and I still find myself looking for her around the house. It is such pain to say goodbye to a beloved animal friend. And don't second guess yourself. Often the last loving thing you can do for an animal is to help them leave peacefully. My sincere condolences.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

@Jeeves, I am so sorry. I lost my 19+ year-old kitty in May and I still find myself looking for her around the house. It is such pain to say goodbye to a beloved animal friend. And don't second guess yourself. Often the last loving thing you can do for an animal is to help them leave peacefully. My sincere condolences.

One kitty I lost this year was also 19. I was going to write about the pet losses I've had in the last few years and I don't want to go there after all. 

Edited by Suzn

Gosh, thanks to all of you for your kind words yesterday. It all helps a lot.

I was blindsided. I really thought I was ready to let him go, but I've been slammed by how much it hurts to not have my little dog with me anymore. I really wasn't good for much yesterday, definitely had more tears to cry.

I've greatly reduced my Facebook activity lately, but I did post briefly about my dog on Monday afternoon. I was amazed and touched by the number of responses and beautiful comments I received. I got a lovely bouquet of flowers and a sweet card from neighbors, and phone calls from friends and relations checking in and sympathizing.

And then there's all the kindness and reassurance from my peeps here in the Prayer Closet, especially about my second-guessing the decision I made. THANK YOU. SO MUCH. You have NO idea how much it helps. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Intellectually, I believe that no two griefs are the same, and I'm trying to keep that in mind as I seesaw my way through these days. 

Bless you all. And thank you.

• Love 17

Rescue Mama - I hope you get wonderful results & that all goes well for you. Sending up prayers for you to have comfort & strength & a full recovery.

Jeeves -   (Hug) Pls try to be easy on yrself. You cared so much that the decision you made was all about what was best for him. You love him & he knows that.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rabbittron said:

I am going to get a go fund me started and the proceeds will go to whatever Duggar kid names their daughter Julie just to stick it to good old Boob. I would love for all of you to contribute to this. 

Drawing a blank. Who is Julie? Old flame of Boob's or something?

• Love 2

I have a cousin named Julie. I love the name.

I'm going to ask here since you all are so helpful. I've looked all over the site for a certain topic and can't find one anywhere. I can't figure out how to ask in the questions section of this site. I'm obviously doing it wrong since when I tried it got deleted and not answered.

Any suggestions on how to ask and actually get an answer?

• Love 1
20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I always loved the name Julie and it's variations (Julia/Juliana/Juliette). It's a bummer Boob never got his wish.

I have a niece named Julie who was named after our grandmother Julia.

ETA:  And for my older friends out there - we can't forget Bobby Sherman's oldies classic  "Julie, Julie, Julie do you love me?"

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, beckie said:

I have a cousin named Julie. I love the name.

I'm going to ask here since you all are so helpful. I've looked all over the site for a certain topic and can't find one anywhere. I can't figure out how to ask in the questions section of this site. I'm obviously doing it wrong since when I tried it got deleted and not answered.

Any suggestions on how to ask and actually get an answer?

I'm not 100% sure. 😞 What is the topic--is it a TV show? I've sometimes found them buried in odd places. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm not 100% sure. 😞 What is the topic--is it a TV show? I've sometimes found them buried in odd places. 

I was just wondering if there was a forum, subforum, or even just a topic thread to discuss the cases on the court TV channel. I don't see it anywhere on the site. 

• Love 2
On 11/7/2019 at 10:15 AM, galaxychaser said:

I lost my mom 2 years ago. I’m still grieving. I don’t think I will ever stop. I miss her so much. She is buried so far away too. Hard to visit. 
I am just so sad all the time.

I lost mine 14 years ago 11/2 and it is still rough at times.  She was sick for a long time so we never really had a relationship as adults (got sick when I was 22 and passed when I was 37).  I am sorry Galaxychaser.  It does eventually get a bit easier yet it never goes away.

• Love 6

My mom is back in the hospital. She had been neglecting her health since my sister was murdered last year. My niece and her family have gone to live with her, but I think that she is giving up. I'm pretty sure my stepdad will not last long if she dies. They are both so heartbroken and tired of the emotional pain.

16 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My mom is back in the hospital. She had been neglecting her health since my sister was murdered last year. My niece and her family have gone to live with her, but I think that she is giving up. I'm pretty sure my stepdad will not last long if she dies. They are both so heartbroken and tired of the emotional pain.

I am so sorry. Hugs to you. ❤️

• Love 11