Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, awaken said:

Wow, a library of all places!  What could have set of that kind of argument?  Where was this located?

FWIW--as someone who was worked in a public library for the past 11 years--I can say we have had some surprisingly savage fights and arguments break out. It's something nobody really associates with a library but it doesn't really surprise me for that reason. I don't know of any that we ended up having to call police for, but we have had to call cops over instances of public intox and public masturbation. 😫 So, yeah, public libraries--a surprisingly freaky place to be sometimes!

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
On 10/19/2019 at 10:58 PM, galaxychaser said:

Do you say dinner or supper?

I grew up on the farm and we said supper.  I went to the city and called it dinner ever since.

10 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Here's the trick.  You put a small amount of milk in a bowl, put in a handful of popcorn, and eat it.  Then you pour in  more milk, add popcorn, and eat it.  You only put in enough milk for the handful or two of popcorn at one time.  That way the popcorn is not soggy.  I must admit this is the only way I would ever drink milk.  I love popcorn and milk.

I grew up drinking milk with popcorn, but we put a slice of cornbread in a glass of milk.

9 hours ago, Zella said:

FWIW--as someone who was worked in a public library for the past 11 years--I can say we have had some surprisingly savage fights and arguments break out. It's something nobody really associates with a library but it doesn't really surprise me for that reason. I don't know of any that we ended up having to call police for, but we have had to call cops over instances of public intox and public masturbation. 😫 So, yeah, public libraries--a surprisingly freaky place to be sometimes!

Yes.  People tend to forget that libraries are one of the few places in American that are open to all.  More urban branches have regular homeless patrons because we are a place where all are welcome, and you don't have to buy anything.  Some of the homeless are battling substance abuse, mental illness, etc.  Some are staying in shelters that kick them out in the morning until the shelter reopens at 5pm.  Some are living on the streets and need a place to get out of the weather for a few hours.  The vast majority of these patrons follow the rules and quietly go about their business, but occasionally you get a few who do not.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yes.  People tend to forget that libraries are one of the few places in American that are open to all.  More urban branches have regular homeless patrons because we are a place where all are welcome, and you don't have to buy anything.  Some of the homeless are battling substance abuse, mental illness, etc.  Some are staying in shelters that kick them out in the morning until the shelter reopens at 5pm.  Some are living on the streets and need a place to get out of the weather for a few hours.  The vast majority of these patrons follow the rules and quietly go about their business, but occasionally you get a few who do not.  

Yep! We have quite a few homeless people who hang out all day at our little library. And most of them are fine. The guy we had to call police about for public intoxication was homeless and off his meds. 😞

We also are where everyone hangs out in between court dates in my town. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Zella said:

Yep, I have seen somethings I can't unsee. I haven't worked in a library for several years now, but  I still remember.......

I once got yelled at by a student who brought the kids she was babysitting to the library, and wanted me to watch them while she went to a two hour class. I politely declined, she yelled, and I made her leave. She got banned from the school a few weeks later.

On a more serious note, I believe my local librarians are trained to use Narcan because of the drug overdoses that happen on the premises.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 3
On 10/20/2019 at 9:02 AM, Zella said:

On the other hand, I've never understood unsweetened tea and have always found it abhorrent. 😂

I always love hearing other folks on the sweet versus unsweet tea thing because of the variety in responses. 

I am an unsweetened tea person.  A good friend always got the Lipton canned lemon/sugar tea.  Tasted it once.  Spit it out and luckily we were outside.  I cannot abide by sweetened tea or even unsweetened fruit enhanced tea.  No way, no how.  HA!

• Love 9

The fight was between an old guy who pretty regularly screams at others for whatever is bothering him. Example chewing gum, talking etc. this girl flipped out. Warned him several times to leave her alone or she will beat him up. 

He continued to instigate her. And yep she beat him up. Other patrons pulled her off him. Cops came and everything. Cop station is 1 block away. Nothing crime wise happen around here. Probably most exciting thing to happen to the cops in ages. 

I never seen a homeless person in this library. Other libraries yes. Thank Jesus for libraries aka free bathroom and WiFi!

Edited by galaxychaser
4 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

The fight was between an old guy who pretty regularly screams at others for whatever is bothering him. Example chewing gum, talking etc. this girl flipped out. Warned him several times to leave her alone or she will beat him up. 

He continued to instigate her. And yep she beat him up. Other patrons pulled her off him. Cops came and everything. Cop station is 1 block away. Nothing crime wise happen around here. Probably most exciting thing to happen to the cops in ages. 

I never seen a homeless person in this library. Other libraries yes. Thank Jesus for libraries aka free bathroom and WiFi!

I know that guy, every library system has that guy (or several).  Every member of the staff is aware of his behavior, he has been told repeatedly by the staff that his behavior is unacceptable, and yet he still continues to act that way.  The staff knows that he will eventually piss off the wrong person and a fight will ensure.  The staff will be discussing this fight for the next few weeks.  If there is video footage, I guarantee the staff will all take turns watching it in the back.  

• LOL 7
25 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

This is about breastfeeding. I can’t forget about a girl once telling me her cousin was breastfed until 7 years old.

Off topic I know.

That happens more than you realize.  I once had a lady come in because she wasn't having regular periods and wanted to get pregnant.  Turns out she was still nursing her kindergartener several times a day.  I suggested she quit, she was really reluctant.  Finally, she did and was pregnant 2 months later.

I also worked with a labor and delivery nurse who was a La Leche leader.  Her son, 4 -5 years old, would walk up to her and say, 'Mommy, milk', climb onto her lap, open her blouse and do his thing.  Didn't matter where they were.  Personally, I think if the kid is old enough to ask for a drink, he can use a Tommy Tippee cup.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am an unsweetened tea person.  A good friend always got the Lipton canned lemon/sugar tea.  Tasted it once.  Spit it out and luckily we were outside.  I cannot abide by sweetened tea or even unsweetened fruit enhanced tea.  No way, no how.  HA!

That Lipton shit is seriously nasty! I don't even drink that! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Temperance said:

My mother thinks millenials/Gen X invented the term groomsman/groomsmen. She says back in her day it was the best man and the ushers. Is she right?

She may well be right. I don't remember hearing the term groomsman until about 15 years ago. Prior to that, every wedding I ever heard of had a best man and ushers.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am exactly the same. No hint of sweet anywhere near my tea, thank you. *shudder*

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am the same! I love sweet things, but iced tea must be unsweetened.

• Love 6

I do like lemon in my iced tea, but no sweetener. And I do like some of the flavored ones. Mr Jyn has been buying loose tea from a specialty shop which come in quite a wide variety of flavors. My favorites are one called Cranberry Crave, and one called Mojito something-or-other (that's not the name - I just can't remember just what it was). That one is a bit minty, and also tastes good mixed with one that has a hint of orange peel in it. And a good splash of lemon juice in all of them. I love things lemony!

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

My people! Nothing should ever adulterate my iced tea. Black, no sweetener, no lemon, and no floral or fruit flavors. And god help you if you even try to give me tea from a can. 

There are many little quirks I can forgive in a person, but drinking tea from a can is not one of them. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:
52 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

My people! Nothing should ever adulterate my iced tea. Black, no sweetener, no lemon, and no floral or fruit flavors. And god help you if you even try to give me tea from a can. 

There are many little quirks I can forgive in a person, but drinking tea from a can is not one of them. 

My mom used to make Russian Tea* using Tang and sweetened instant tea. We'd drink it hot on cold mornings. 
*I have no idea why it's called Russian Tea, but my husband's mother made him the same thing.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My mom used to make Russian Tea* using Tang and sweetened instant tea. We'd drink it hot on cold mornings. 
*I have no idea why it's called Russian Tea, but my husband's mother made him the same thing.

MommyRabbittron here I am 61 and grew up drinking Russian tea .Tang and sweetened instant tea I tried and get my 4 kids to drink it but it was a no go. 

• Love 3
On 10/21/2019 at 12:16 AM, Temperance said:

We usually say dinner. 

My mother thinks millenials/Gen X invented the term groomsman/groomsmen. She says back in her day it was the best man and the ushers. Is she right?

They just revived it. 

According to Merriam Webster -- 

First Known Use of groomsman in the meaning defined above -- 1698

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 10/20/2019 at 2:26 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I used to be able to drink NC sweet tea when I first moved down here.  I moved back up north for grad school and lost my taste for it.  I now drink Arnold Palmers using unsweet.

I drank it for many years and loved it, but, when I got Type I diabetes, cut out a lot of sweet stuff that I didn't have to have.   I must say that I don't miss the sweet tea.  My mom always made it barely sweet though.  Not typical NC sweet tea.  

I just saw that NC colleges public and some private are waiving the application fees this year!  

For those who read about my document disposal issue......I ended up sorting through the files and just pulling out the papers, removed file folders, binders, clips, etc.  Even then I had a huge amount of paper. I mean I think it was about 50 boxes.   So, I had the shredding truck come...we (driver was awesome) filled up FOUR 96 gallon containers for shredding!  I was scared it would break the truck. lol  There is a large indentation in the yard where the weight of the truck came down! lol  Ending up costing $240.00.  

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I drank it for many years and loved it, but, when I got Type I diabetes, cut out a lot of sweet stuff that I didn't have to have.   I must say that I don't miss the sweet tea.  My mom always made it barely sweet though.  Not typical NC sweet tea.  

I just saw that NC colleges public and some private are waiving the application fees this year!  

For those who read about my document disposal issue......I ended up sorting through the files and just pulling out the papers, removed file folders, binders, clips, etc.  Even then I had a huge amount of paper. I mean I think it was about 50 boxes.   So, I had the shredding truck come...we (driver was awesome) filled up FOUR 96 gallon containers for shredding!  I was scared it would break the truck. lol  There is a large indentation in the yard where the weight of the truck came down! lol  Ending up costing $240.00.  

Incredible amount of paper.  It sounds like the shredding service was well worth it.

• Love 3

Can I get some input on vacation spots?  This would be for a 4 day trip in Jan. leaving from NC.....I'm considering locations, one being Key West.  What do you think?  Someone is treating me, so, cost is not an issue.  I know.  So grateful.  I just want to make sure I pick a good place and though I've been to quite a few places in FL, never to the Keys.  I want to stay on this side of the country though, to keep the air time down. Flight to FL from here is rather short. Any recommendations appreciated. Also, I have considered Caribbean, I'm leaning to stay stateside. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can I get some input on vacation spots?  This would be for a 4 day trip in Jan. leaving from NC.....I'm considering locations, one being Key West.  What do you think?  Someone is treating me, so, cost is not an issue.  I know.  So grateful.  I just want to make sure I pick a good place and though I've been to quite a few places in FL, never to the Keys.  I want to stay on this side of the country though, to keep the air time down. Flight to FL from here is rather short. Any recommendations appreciated. Also, I have considered Caribbean, I'm leaning to stay stateside. 

We just got back from New Orleans and enjoyed every minute. There is so much to do, especially if you love music (and for us, dancing), good food, art, and history. There is no smoking indoors, in any public building, which was really appreciated by allergic Mr. Dance.

Have a wonderful vacation, wherever you go!

Edited by Love2dance
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Love2dance said:

We just got back from New Orleans and enjoyed every minute. There is so much to do, especially if you love music (and for us, dancing), good food, art, and history. There is no smoking indoors, in any public building, which was really appreciated by allergic Mr. Dance.

Have a wonderful vacation, wherever you go!

That's a great idea!  Thanks for the suggestion.  Sounds like  a lot of fun and I've never been before. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve gone to Key West for the past two years and stayed each time for two weeks. We enjoyed it. Lots to see and do, as well as many good restaurants. PM me if you want any recommendations. 

I’m happy to hear that you are getting a vacation that’s easy on your pocketbook. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Just sayin. 

Way cool. Thanks for sharing.

It's a beautiful place. I took a tour of the Cathedral in my confirmation class circa 1976.  My son visited there many times during his architecture classes at the Univ of MD. 

• Love 3
On 9/9/2019 at 12:16 PM, galaxychaser said:

I never wear makeup. Like never.

my mom only wore lipstick and mascara and blush. 

This is me to a T....also...hi everyone! :::::waving wildly::::::

I'm feeling so much more chipper than I have been over the past few months. I'm trying to read through all the small talk I've missed, but I'm sure I'm going to miss things, so please forgive me if end up  missing any major life events for anyone.

So far, I'm loving all the art talk 🙂 ok back to reading...

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 18
9 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Oh, this is the type of stuff my folks do (and bring) too; and then express chagrin about "looking like bumpkins" when they're toting several trips of random bags back and forth through the hotel lobby.  They also insist upon all of us sharing a room (granted we're no Duggars;. . . once when I rebelled and booked my own room on a family vacation ('cuz dang, I may not be rich, but I have enough money that I don't have to squeeze into a rollout bed in my forties); they called up the hotel (without telling me) and stressed to the concierge that our rooms needed to be a connecting suite (*rolleyes*). 

. . . Even my father, who theoretically didn't grow up in such craziness, defined one particular great-aunt of mine as "weird" for booking her own hotel room in the nearest city whenever she comes to visit us, and (gasp!) apparently actually preferring it to hanging off one-third of a bed with her sisters/unmarried nieces/whomever thrashing about next to her; and clinging onto said sofa-couch with her toenails.

I brought this over from one of the other topics. Because it made me laugh in recognition. My family didn't go  quite ^^ that far. But. I'm "from" an agricultural area in Oklahoma; my grandfather homesteaded a farm there, I have a zillion cousins there to this day, and although we moved away when I was a kid, it's been the center of family get togethers over the decades. 

Until the early 00's, the only town of any size in that area didn't have decent motels although there were a couple of them. (They may have been okay once, but by the 80's-90's they were dire.) And anyway, we were country people, and when you visited family, you stayed with them. My parents' generation especially, still stuck to that. So we'd all bunk together in the various family homes in the area and yes there were "pallets" (of bedding) on the floor for some people. And if you had to get up in the dark, you had to walk carefully not to step on sleeping kin on the floor.

My generation (I'm a Boomer) does things differently. Sometimes when I go down to visit cousins, I stay with one of them; other times depending on what's happening, I get a hotel room in town 10 miles away. Thank goodness there are now a couple of decent hotels there. When my cousins load up a car or two and drive to our city, they get hotel rooms too just because there are so many of them. Over the years a couple of them have stayed at my house. We just roll with things, but aren't allergic to hotels. Thank goodness.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Okay.  I will.  Have you ever been to Marathon Key?  

Yes. It’s nice there too, but there’s a lot less to do and places to eat. For instance. In Key West there’s a restaurant called Bagatelle. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don’t eat a lot at breakfast. They have a $5 half potion menu. I’ll get their Egg  Benedict. It’s a half of an english muffin, Canadian bacon, a poached egg covered in a delicious hollandaise sauce. You can get a bigger portion as well as may other choices. We also had dinner there. Everything was superb. Here’s a photo of their red snapper. 

E9EC4FE7-C10B-45A2-94D2-F1F1F94A0E5E.jpeg.991896c4428a1c07bd44952056e5b34d.jpeg

Sorry, but it was hard to get good light. 

BF6CBAD6-D89F-4469-943A-846D18794AB1.jpeg.1006e820929fff92ad2e9cebd90cd4b5.jpeg

Be sure to check Big Pine Key to see the Key deer. They are mini sized and roam all over the island. Although I’m a fan of KW, Marathon has a lot to offer and is a bit less hectic as far as traffic and you don’t get the cruise ships. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yes. It’s nice there too, but there’s a lot less to do and places to eat. For instance. In Key West there’s a restaurant called Bagatelle. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don’t eat a lot at breakfast. They have a $5 half potion menu. I’ll get their Egg  Benedict. It’s a half of an english muffin, Canadian bacon, a poached egg covered in a delicious hollandaise sauce. You can get a bigger portion as well as may other choices. We also had dinner there. Everything was superb. Here’s a photo of their red snapper. 

E9EC4FE7-C10B-45A2-94D2-F1F1F94A0E5E.jpeg.991896c4428a1c07bd44952056e5b34d.jpeg

Sorry, but it was hard to get good light. 

BF6CBAD6-D89F-4469-943A-846D18794AB1.jpeg.1006e820929fff92ad2e9cebd90cd4b5.jpeg

Be sure to check Big Pine Key to see the Key deer. They are mini sized and roam all over the island. Although I’m a fan of KW, Marathon has a lot to offer and is a bit less hectic as far as traffic and you don’t get the cruise ships. 

Omg!  Thanks for the heads up! The little deer sound awesome!  

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

IUntil the early 00's, the only town of any size in that area didn't have decent motels although there were a couple of them. (They may have been okay once, but by the 80's-90's they were dire.) And anyway, we were country people, and when you visited family, you stayed with them. My parents' generation especially, still stuck to that. So we'd all bunk together in the various family homes in the area and yes there were "pallets" (of bedding) on the floor for some people. And if you had to get up in the dark, you had to walk carefully not to step on sleeping kin on the floor.

Oh, that's too funny.  I do indeed relate, because usually it doesn't have to go that far; but then again, my cousins are the Duggar-lite family who brought me here, and they are four in number.  Growing up I used to babysit the assistant minister's kids and, though plain old Evangelical and not particularly fundie, they had four; and often told my parents "we stay in a lot of hotels when we travel, because nobody wants to see a family of six coming down the road".  After a certain while, one in fact forgets that their homes aren't that large; because of the mean or standard on the East Coast being two-story houses with a basement with the aforementioned 2 parents, 2.5 kids in 'em; but when you pack 10 people into one, it starts getting difficult to move around the kitchen/dining room around dinnertime, to say the least. 

This can be fine for me, if it encompasses a meal/half-day or similar; and when I have my own room to which I can retreat.

But, while perfectly solidly sized, my parents' home still only has four bedrooms. 

They of course take one of them, and things eased up a bit when my sister got married; but once the Family of Six took a spare bedroom and were legit stepping over each other to do anything, until a teen boy finally objected and said "hey, we'll sleep in the living room"; and whenever my grandmother was unmarried (I say "whenever", not because I'm like the Duggars but because the lady has had three husbands), I was usually socked away with her, and it was grim.  I loathed and dreaded it like you would not believe; to the point where its contemplation usually ruins my visits because of those earlier occasions. The last time I went home for Christmas, it was my parents' turn to have her, and she did it again - when there was more than enough room for her to be alone in the spare bedroom (!!!).  

Me, thinking:  "I love you, Grams - well, OK, maybe I don't really love you, but it's because you pull clingy s*** like this around an introvert - but what do you do when I'm NOT in town??  Do you insist upon crawling into bed with Mom and Dad?  I think not - and frankly, I don't give a flying fart if you're so clingy you "need" a bed partner because it reminds you of days in the Old Country with your sisters; you are a terrible bed partner and the last thing *I* need.  I spend about 2 hours trying brutally to make myself fall asleep, because any time *I* turn over, I hear *you* tense up; and I'm not all that certain you don't lie awake listening to make sure I'm breathing; as I still remember that damn time when I sneezed after about 45 minutes, and instantaneously, I hear you exclaim "Are you sick?!?"  It's still a harbinger of a "good relationship" for me, if I meet a man and am so relaxed I can fall asleep next to him the first time without being worried that he's being kept awake by every breath I utter and waiting for me to twitch my foot, lol.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

Brought over from Jer & Jing thread...

I'll pretty much eat all cheeseburgers except for McDonalds (I object to the lack of their moistness and general over-doneness - Mickey D's in at least NYC are far more interested in cooking them to dry gray pucks; but I'm perfectly satisfied with, say, Wendy's).  But if you're a burger enthusiast (or maybe just someone looking for "something different" in your burger, lol), you indeed seem more interested in finding out the fine variations in breads (Texas toast, English muffin, sourdough, challah, pretzel, etc., etc.); toppings (fried/soft boiled egg, anyone?  Swiss v. Muenster?  I'm sure I could go on); but really, for me anything with (soft, melted) cheese and beef is a home run.

I'm totally a burger enthusiast, and hate an overdone burger (there has to be a hint of pink, and preferably medium-rare), but on the other hand, McDonald's burgers are a total comfort food to me. I probably don't have but one every year or two (or three), and recognize that they are total crap and not even in the same food category as a bona-fide burger, but I can't help it. I just love them! LOL. And the fries. Add in a diet coke, even though I never drink diet anything anymore and it's heaven LOL. Actually, come to think of it, the only time I drink soda is when I have a McDonald's burger as well. Seltzer with a bit of cranberry or OJ, yes, but not soda.

• Love 6

I’m getting ready for my trip (I’m more concerned about the 60 people coming over tomorrow night for the block party). My time will be at warp speed for the next few days. So I’m making a list. Who would like candles lit for them (or a family member) while I’m at my favorite Saint’s church? 

@lookeyloo Your son is already on the list. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Punctuation
  • Love 8
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:18 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Love Key West, very different than other Florida locales.  The town is lively and vibrant and quite walkable. Lots of good restaurants and shops as well as bars.  Nightlife is plentiful, a lot of live music.  Great beaches and lots of opportunity to sail or do other water based activities.  A lot of artisans in the area, so there are a lot of kiosks and shops selling unique stuff. 

As for history, there is a maritime museum which covers a lot about pirates and shipwrecks in the area.  There is also Harry Truman's vacation White House as well as the house where Hemingway lived with one of his wives (I think it was the second one).  All have excellent, very entertaining guided tours.  You can also go to the beach and get a picture of yourself standing at the southernmost point of the continental US, 80 miles from Cuba.  There are a lot of nature preserves and outdoor sanctuary type places in the Keys as well.

New Orleans, also a wonderful destination, is, of course, a more citified location.  The French Quarter is great, easily walkable.  There are dozens of amazing places to get a meal whether it is breakfast lunch or dinner.  There are plenty of tours of the Garden District, the French Quarter and the Ninth Ward (Katrina) that are very interesting.  Also did a cemetery tour of N.O that was a lot of fun.  Very cool history there.

There are live bands playing everywhere and, if you like jazz, this is the place.  Sitting in Preservation Hall watching the band play classic Dixieland is beyond description.  It is virtually impossible to have a bad time in The Big Easy.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m getting ready for my trip (I’m more concerned about the 60 people coming over tomorrow night for the block party). My time will be at warp speed for the next few days. So I’m making a list. Who would like candles lit for them (or a family member) while I’m at my favorite Saint’s church? 

If you would light one for my little sister who had emergency surgery this morning I’d be really grateful. ❤️❤️❤️

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Who would like candles lit for them (or a family member) while I’m at my favorite Saint’s church? 

Would you light one for my mom? She just got out of the hospital and her 74th birthday is tomorrow.

• Love 7

Who would like candles lit for them (or a family member) while I’m at my favorite Saint’s church? 

Would you light one for my mom and my aunt? They can be a package deal with only one candle, lol!

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Thank you so much.  It is really so much appreciated.  We are still waiting to see if he can have the next treatment and then another one, rescan and see if the concoction is working.  He had a bout of severe pain which ended him in the hospital for 8 days, pain management, a procedure, etc.  He is on so many opioids he is worried about becoming addicted.  If he gets through this, big IF, the doctors will wean him, I'm guessing.  He doesn't feel high at all from the meds, but, they still mess with the brain.