Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Nysha said:

My mom is back in the hospital. She had been neglecting her health since my sister was murdered last year. My niece and her family have gone to live with her, but I think that she is giving up. I'm pretty sure my stepdad will not last long if she dies. They are both so heartbroken and tired of the emotional pain.

Oh, @Nysha, I'm so sorry. People can really die of a broken heart. Emotions can be powerful. I wish them peace, and hope they somehow can find some peace of mind here on Earth.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

My mom is back in the hospital. She had been neglecting her health since my sister was murdered last year. My niece and her family have gone to live with her, but I think that she is giving up. I'm pretty sure my stepdad will not last long if she dies. They are both so heartbroken and tired of the emotional pain.

I'm very sorry to hear that. Sending good energy and warm thoughts your direction.

• Love 7

This is so silly but I feel accomplished- I sold a dress on Poshmark!!! No I’m not using the proceeds to buy more things on Poshmark. I’ve realized I am not a movie star and don’t need 12 cocktail/evening dresses, hence I’m selling a few because who wants to be seen in the same dress 50x on Instagram??

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

I’m so sorry. 

• Love 6
On 11/7/2019 at 10:15 AM, galaxychaser said:

I lost my mom 2 years ago. I’m still grieving. I don’t think I will ever stop. I miss her so much. She is buried so far away too. Hard to visit. 
I am just so sad all the time.

I am so sorry. Sometimes it is helpful to find counseling or a grief support group to help you deal with your tremendous loss. I hope your beautiful memories will give you some comfort. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Oh, Lord, what an unappealing couple of self-absorbed nutjobs. And, like the Dillards, they were grifting for money to support their fabulously special lifestyle. Had a GFM asking for £100,000 (or $100,000, I forget which), so they could move to Central America or Asia or somewhere like that, and buy land on which to do their oh-so-special-natural off-the-grid thing. My eyes are rolling so hard they hurt.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

This is so silly but I feel accomplished- I sold a dress on Poshmark!!! No I’m not using the proceeds to buy more things on Poshmark. I’ve realized I am not a movie star and don’t need 12 cocktail/evening dresses, hence I’m selling a few because who wants to be seen in the same dress 50x on Instagram??

What?? No reality TV fame for you?? 🤣🤣 You must be a sane and happy person! And I'm sure you'll use the money for something more fun or useful than excess fancy clothes. 

I have to thank you all for being here. I'm still a wreck since my dog was euthanized on Monday. Mood swings, tears, aching loneliness and misery, guilt. Moments of comfort are sneaking in, more each day, and I did get a decent night's sleep last night. It has been awhile since I've  experienced the death of anyone close to me (human or animal), so walking through this grief is quite a challenge. (I have lost some elderly much-loved relatives but they were ready to go, had dignified deaths, and since they didn't live with me it wasn't the same kind of sudden loss of a companion life in your own home.)

While I know I must go through this grief and not avoid it, distractions are good and I need to keep up normal life as far as possible. So coming here and joining in the snark  on the snarkworthy, and support of each other, is a nice diversion. Thanks!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, Lord, what an unappealing couple of self-absorbed nutjobs. And, like the Dillards, they were grifting for money to support their fabulously special lifestyle. Had a GFM asking for £100,000 (or $100,000, I forget which), so they could move to Central America or Asia or somewhere like that, and buy land on which to do their oh-so-special-natural off-the-grid thing. My eyes are rolling so hard they hurt.

It was in pounds and Costa Rica. 

I wonder what they are up to now. 

They got 47 pounds in donations.

• LOL 6

Please allow me a small rant.  When you go into a retail moments before closing please select what you came for as soon as possible ?  If you know it will take you a while come back when everyone has more time. I had to leave an hour early today ( our company is always trying to keep hours down) so I would not have overtime. We had been slow so no worries. The employee had 2 different customers come in right before closing. They kept her one and a half hours after she should have closed. Its not so much they came in right before we closed that happens and we are glad to help but please make a decision. I now have to explain to my D.M. why we had more hours than we were allowed, which he will understand but tell me to reduce next weeks hours. That does not bother me so much. What bothers me is my employee being kept so long after she should have gone home. It is just rude to keep someone so long after the store should have closed. Thank you for letting me sound off. I do enjoy my job and customers but at the end of the day you just want to go home.

• Love 21
3 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Please allow me a small rant.  When you go into a retail moments before closing please select what you came for as soon as possible ?  If you know it will take you a while come back when everyone has more time. I had to leave an hour early today ( our company is always trying to keep hours down) so I would not have overtime. We had been slow so no worries. The employee had 2 different customers come in right before closing. They kept her one and a half hours after she should have closed. Its not so much they came in right before we closed that happens and we are glad to help but please make a decision. I now have to explain to my D.M. why we had more hours than we were allowed, which he will understand but tell me to reduce next weeks hours. That does not bother me so much. What bothers me is my employee being kept so long after she should have gone home. It is just rude to keep someone so long after the store should have closed. Thank you for letting me sound off. I do enjoy my job and customers but at the end of the day you just want to go home.

My mother would do this.  She figured that as long as she was in the store before closing she could stay and shop.  So she would go in about 10 minutes before closing, and she was a s-l-o-w shopper.  I would be so embarrassed.  Needless to say, I hated shopping with my mother.  Even as a kid I felt so sorry for the clerks in the store.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I hate when people do that! I once had a work-study job in the cafeteria, and we couldn't close up until we'd done all our tasks, including cleaning the dining room, and there would be people who would loiter there long after closing and prevent us from cleaning the dining room. We were not allowed to chase them off, which always pissed me off. 

Could she not tell them she was closed or would she get in trouble for that? I work in a library part-time now and close one day a week, so it's different from retail, but we give patrons a 15, 10, and then 5 minute warning. And once we are closed, we make them leave. We even shut down the staff computers, so they literally cannot check anything out. That's not stopped some resident jerks from trying to still linger, but our staff has gotten pretty assertive about it. Or would the employee get in trouble for making the customer leave after closing? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Our local library does the same announcements and has a security guard at the door to make sure no one comes in after closing and to help get people out.  I've been in retail stores that did the same thing and made closing announcements.  No one should have to stay an hour and a half.  Five to ten minutes at the most and I'd consider that a dawdling customer.  At fifteen minutes it would be ma'am we'd love to help you, but the store is closed.  We open tomorrow at 9:00 and we'd be more than happy to help you decide then. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Our local library does the same announcements and has a security guard at the door to make sure no one comes in after closing and to help get people out.  I've been in retail stores that did the same thing and made closing announcements.  No one should have to stay an hour and a half.  Five to ten minutes at the most and I'd consider that a dawdling customer.  At fifteen minutes it would be ma'am we'd love to help you, but the store is closed.  We open tomorrow at 9:00 and we'd be more than happy to help you decide then. 

We're not above locking the door five minutes before closing to prevent people from coming in at the last minute, though my boss would kill us if she knew that. LOL 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Zella said:

I hate when people do that! I once had a work-study job in the cafeteria, and we couldn't close up until we'd done all our tasks, including cleaning the dining room, and there would be people who would loiter there long after closing and prevent us from cleaning the dining room. We were not allowed to chase them off, which always pissed me off. 

Could she not tell them she was closed or would she get in trouble for that? I work in a library part-time now and close one day a week, so it's different from retail, but we give patrons a 15, 10, and then 5 minute warning. And once we are closed, we make them leave. We even shut down the staff computers, so they literally cannot check anything out. That's not stopped some resident jerks from trying to still linger, but our staff has gotten pretty assertive about it. Or would the employee get in trouble for making the customer leave after closing? 

We can gently let them know we are closed but if someone gets huffy and call to complain well we don't get in trouble but we are told to handle it better next time.

18 minutes ago, Zella said:

We're not above locking the door five minutes before closing to prevent people from coming in at the last minute, though my boss would kill us if she knew that. LOL 

If we lock up before closing time and someone calls to complain we get in trouble.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, crazycatlady58 said:

We can gently let them know we are closed but if someone gets huffy and call to complain well we don't get in trouble but we are told to handle it better next time.

That's unfortunate. I feel like as long as the employee is being polite, customers should take a hint and leave rather than forcing someone to work far past their scheduled shift. That's just unconscionably rude and inconsiderate! 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

That's unfortunate. I feel like as long as the employee is being polite, customers should take a hint and leave rather than forcing someone to work far past their scheduled shift. That's just unconscionably rude and inconsiderate! 

I agree but a lot of people seem to thing retail people have no life out side of work. I actually had someone say that,  his wive was apologising for keeping me late and he sad dead serious " Well you have nothing better to do anyway." I looked at him and said " No ,I was just going to see my mother she is in hospice." He shrugged his shoulders like oh well. His wife looked like she wished she was some where else. If I was her I would be checking out divorce lawyers.

• Love 5
On 11/8/2019 at 7:04 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I’ve realized I am not a movie star and don’t need 12 cocktail/evening dresses, hence I’m selling a few because who wants to be seen in the same dress 50x on Instagram??

See, now I wish I could come to that realization. I am such a sucker for silk and velvet and sparkly things. My life is nothing like what my closet looks like it should be.

14 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I have to thank you all for being here. I'm still a wreck since my dog was euthanized on Monday. Mood swings, tears, aching loneliness and misery, guilt. Moments of comfort are sneaking in, more each day, and I did get a decent night's sleep last night. It has been awhile since I've  experienced the death of anyone close to me (human or animal), so walking through this grief is quite a challenge. (I have lost some elderly much-loved relatives but they were ready to go, had dignified deaths, and since they didn't live with me it wasn't the same kind of sudden loss of a companion life in your own home.)

While I know I must go through this grief and not avoid it, distractions are good and I need to keep up normal life as far as possible. So coming here and joining in the snark  on the snarkworthy, and support of each other, is a nice diversion. Thanks!

We unexpectedly had to put down our 7 year-old orange tabby, Zeke, way back in the year 2000. It literally took three weeks before I could get through a day without crying. Feeling the big feelings is the only way but it is hard as hell. For me, I feel like the grief is kind of honoring my beloved pets, sort of saying "yes, this relationship was important." Hang in there.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Oh, I hated that when I worked retail. I worked customer service and the video department (back when we had those!) at a store. Customers did that all the time I tried everything. Nicely telling them, asking if they need any help, strong tones when they wouldn't leave, getting the manager to ask them to leave. Except if the manager was busy or unloading a truck he couldn't help. We had an asshole for a store director (the top manager at the store) who yelled at anyone who clocked out late and didn't care about excuses. The later you were the longer you got yelled at. So every time that happened I got yelled at the next day. It also sucked when you worked the morning shift too. Despite the many signs telling customers when customer service/video department opened people would stand in line waiting. Try to tell you what they need as you arrived and made your way to clock in. Got mad that they had to wait until you clocked in, and yes the same asshole manager flipped out over clocking in early.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I agree but a lot of people seem to thing retail people have no life out side of work. I actually had someone say that,  his wive was apologising for keeping me late and he sad dead serious " Well you have nothing better to do anyway." I looked at him and said " No ,I was just going to see my mother she is in hospice." He shrugged his shoulders like oh well. His wife looked like she wished she was some where else. If I was her I would be checking out divorce lawyers.

That could be it but I also think there's a lot of people who look down on retails employees so they think they can treat you however they want. They can be rude, you can't be rude back, they can take up your time, waste your time, take however long they want and there's nothing you can do. Or maybe their just a lot of assholes. I don't know. I had this one guy who came to the customer service booth as my manager and I were closing up. I hurt my arm during my shift and as the hours went on I got to the point I couldn't use my arm anymore. So I told my manager in the evening and called my brother of a ride, now sometimes when the customer service/video clerk had to leave early they could pull a cashier over because a lot of them used to work customer service/video before moving over to cashier or the manager would do double duty. But that night he had deliveries to unload and none of cashiers working that day had worked the department so the manager decided just to close it up early for the day. He was helping me close up when this guy came up to buy cigarettes the manager explained it was closing, the guy said it wasn't time, and I explained I hurt my arm and had to close early so I could go to the Emergency Room. My manager explained there was no one to cover so it was closing early all he had to do was go get in line and one of the cashiers would ring him up. The guy took one look at me and said "You look fine to me." My manager and I were both so shocked by that. I repeated that I was going to the Emergency room and my manager apologized but told him he would have to one of the cashiers ring him up. He got pissed off and yelled at both of us about how long that would take and that it wasn't suppose to be closed.  He eventually went over and was still pissed off at having to take the extra time to do that before leaving. I couldn't believe it. Extra time? At most it would have take a couple extra minutes.  And I was injured.

Edited by andromeda331
2 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

That could be it but I also think there's a lot of people who look down on retails employees so they think they can treat you however they want. They can be rude, you can't be rude back, they can take up your time, waste your time, take however long they want and there's nothing you can do.

Sadly, I think this is a big part of it--the assumption that because you are doing customer service, you are completely at their mercy. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Zella said:

Sadly, I think this is a big part of it--the assumption that because you are doing customer service, you are completely at their mercy. 

And that you are not intellect. I have had people tell me I should not be working retail, I am to smart for that.

And that you are not smart. I have had people tell me I should not be working retail, I am to smart for that.

Just now, crazycatlady58 said:

And that you are not smart. I have had people tell me I should not be working retail, I am to smart for that.

Don't know what happened I tried to edit and quoted myself. Sorry.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I just heard a woman herding her 3 little kids (under 6-7). Sophia, Janet and Victor. Janet is so rare on little girls. It’s like hearing a 5 year old named Barbara!

It's a pretty name, though. I don't know that it feels that anachronistic to me, though I'm not sure why. There's something sort of timeless about it. Don't see a lot of Victors out there these days either, come to think of it. Though it may have made a resurgence lately which I have not been aware of. I know that Sophia has gotten pretty popular in recent years. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I just heard a woman herding her 3 little kids (under 6-7). Sophia, Janet and Victor. Janet is so rare on little girls. It’s like hearing a 5 year old named Barbara!

I wonder if it's a family name? I don't know anyone under the age of 50 named Janet.

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, Zella said:

Oh, the attitude is everywhere.  On a daily basis, people show up at the doctor's office 30 or more minutes late for an appointment without calling and throw a fit if they cannot be seen.  This includes people showing up at lunch or who have the last appointment of the day.  And they are rude, disrespectful, often abusive to the staff even the nurse practitioners and physicians.

About a month ago, the patient scheduled in my last slot, 4PM, didn't show up until 4:20 for her 15 minute appointment which was made for a problem she was having.  Now, I am salaried; but all of the front office people and medical assistants and such are hourly and punch a clock.  The place where we are employed does NOT pay overtime and all employees are to punch out at 4:30, no exceptions.  So, since she was griping about having to leave work and traffic and this and that; we hustled her into an exam room.  I walked in and said, "Hi, I understand you're here for ….."  Well, yes. but she had a whole lot of other concerns, too, as she pulled a list at least 10 items long out of her purse.  I told her I was sorry, we were closing in 10 minutes and the other employees could be disciplined for leaving late; she was stunned, shocked.  But she came all this way!  She HAS to have the latest possible appointment!  I pointed out that there are some office hours evenings and weekends at our clinic.  Well, yeah, but she would have to wait a couple months to get one of those to discuss her issues (which were all long term ongoing stuff she'd had for months or years).  I told her I'd take care of the issue that she mentioned when she scheduled but, otherwise, she was going to need another appointment, a longer one, which meant not getting the last slot of the day.

I also worked at Burger King in high school, we had people pull in just as we were closing almost daily.  Once, as we were turning out the lights on the sign, two school buses full of people from a church group pulled in.  About 60 people.  All of whom wanted food.  Despite the fact that it was 11 PM, closing time.  Our manager told us we had to feed them.  So, we ended up spending an hour feeding these people, who totally trashed the dining room, leaving wrappers and spilled drinks everywhere.  After they were initially served; multiple people came up trying to order MORE food, which, of course, had to be cooked individually right that moment since we were closed.  Finally, the manager let us shut down the grill and fryer and told them we were not able to make anything else.  They hung out in the dining room for more than an hour.  And, of course, once they left, we had to clean up the filthy dining room and scrub and clean everything else so it would be ready for day shift.  People can be so thoughtless.  BTW, we made 2 bucks an hour, minimum wage was $2.10 and the owner would refuse to pay us for clean up if we 'took too long', so I only got 2 bucks, minus taxes for more than 2 hours work.

• Love 3

Woke up to a good couple inches of snowfall. My hubby and I don't have a car and public transportation doesn't start until after we have to be at work so we walked.

For every one with bad weather today, don't go out if you don't have to, and, if you do, be careful!

• Love 7

Hey everybody! Long time no talk! Aghhhhh this has been a CRAZY month for me. I have been sick since September 27, and am just getting better!

September 27 was a Friday, and I woke up with some congestion in my chest, but still had a normal day. Over the weekend, I developed a 102 fever and felt completely terrible!!! I eventually found out I had the flu! I took a week off of work, and felt awful the entire time. I was coughing so hard that I pulled multiple muscles in my back, and took a trip to Walmart at 3 am one night just to find something to knock me out! It was a horrible week. 

I knew I had to attempt to go to work the next week, but I didn't feel ready...at all! The fever had broken, but I was still incredibly sick. I went back that Monday, on my birthday! I started to feel slightly better mid-week, but then Thursday and Friday were back downhill. I went to the doctor that Saturday, and found out I'd had complications from the flu: a sinus infection and bronchitis! I got a steroid shot, breathing treatments, and antibiotics, and didn't work that Monday. 

For the next TWO WEEKS I struggled through work, feeling incredibly ill the whole time. I was constantly hacking in front of the students, taking naps during every planning period, coughing so hard I vomited, and fueling myself with tons of meds just to get through the day, and then sleep! I hadn't laid on my back in a long time because of all the muscle damage, and could barely sleep because of the coughing. I also couldn't smell or taste for over two weeks, and I lost my voice around this time. It's STILL not completely back!

After two weeks of that, I did a second round of antibiotics, which mostly helped the problem, but came with extreme fatigue and nausea as a side effect. Around Halloween, after being bedridden level sick for a month (though having to work almost the whole time), I finally felt like, "wow, I'm sick, but I feel like it's reasonable to go to work." I've continued to feel better, though I do have a lingering cough that gets bad after I eat! And just feeling like that for so long, and not getting to rest, has brought an exhaustion that I had no idea existed!

This experience definitely taught me that being sick for a week is a lot different than being sick for a month! There comes a point where you have to give 100% to work (and I'm just getting used to my job too!) because you can't cut corners for more than a few days. It's soooo hard waking up every morning and wondering how on earth you will survive the day. And it beyond sucks having to cut out anything enjoyable: exercise, a social life, etc...but still running yourself ragged at work. I'm so tired now that I don't think I stand a chance of feeling normal again until Christmas break. How I'm looking forward to two weeks off!!! That's the level of rest I need. 

Not to be a downer, lol. I've been reading a lot of your posts, but haven't had the energy to respond a lot! You guys are awesome!

• Love 10

I know we were discussing breastfeeding and the somewhat Draconian approach of the Baby Friendly initiative, which was based on a WHO breastfeeding mandate which had virtually no science to back it up, just 'expert opinion'.

In the past few weeks, multiple large studies comparing longterm breastfeeding rates amongst moms who were in 'Baby Friendly' facilities and those who were not demonstrated NO DIFFERENCE to the surprise of no one who'd ever breastfed a kid.  And, in fact, some of the policies, such as strict 24 hour rooming in, no supplements, skin to skin contact and no pacifiers had some significant risks which were glossed over.

Imagine that, common sense is the best way to approach breastfeeding and it is surely helpful for a new mother to have people around who can help her get off to a successful start in the first couple days, but this 'all or nothing' bullshit is just that.

https://fedisbest.org/2019/11/u-s-study-shows-baby-friendly-does-not-work/?fbclid=IwAR1C06u-n0Le_-8lXBraIxWteurjnn-8gvWgByfX5VhBsCICy8SPnJL_Cs8

• Useful 7
  • Love 7

@Christina87 Glad to hear from you again but so sorry about your illness(es).  Wow, you really got hit.  You poor thing, you sure have been through the wringer as the old saying goes. Sending healing thoughts your way, hope you're on the mend.  Hopefully you will feel well enough to enjoy the Holidays. Check in when you can. 

• Love 6

@Christina87 - wow, you didn't mess around about getting sick, you got slammed! I'm so sorry you've been so ill, and I hope you have a good recovery. It's so hard to get over such serious illness when you have to show up for work! Wishing you well. Take care.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I know we were discussing breastfeeding and the somewhat Draconian approach of the Baby Friendly initiative, which was based on a WHO breastfeeding mandate which had virtually no science to back it up, just 'expert opinion'.

The nurses were adamant that my daughter only breastfeed my youngest grandson while she was in the hospital, even though she has never produced enough milk for any of her 6 other children. Turns out, the baby has a malfunctioning thyroid and heart valve issues. Thank goodness he was #7 because if my daughter had followed the nurses instructions he probably would have starved to death. As it was, it's been a struggle for him to gain weight. He's 14 months and only weighs 14 pounds. He weighed slightly over 7 pounds at birth.

• Love 1

@Christina87, I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are. But I pictured you knee deep in lesson plans, not sick in bed or struggling to be well enough to work. I feel so bad for you. And teaching is the worst job for when you are sick....you have to be “on” all day and there is nowhere to hide. Wishing you a much faster recovery. Let us know how you are doing when you can.  Hugs!

• Love 6

@Christina87, I have been worried about you!!  I was just going to post tonight asking if anyone had heard from you.  I hope you feel better soon ♥

I have a very odd favor to ask.  Mr. Six got himself a Mustang GT back in September, and because it has more "oomph" than other vehicle we ever owned, he found out that he can spin out quite easily.  The first time was on a 90 degree day on dry pavement.  Fun times.  Needless to say, since we live in Baltimore, our winters can be a little icky at times, and he needs winter tires.  He found out that Costco sells them, but you need a membership/login to even see the prices.  We don't have a membership, but he wants to see how much the tires are before we spend/waste money to join.  I just need the price, nothing ordered.  For your troubles, I will post a kitty pic for you to enjoy 😋  Thank you!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Growsonwalls said:

In the Jill/Derick thread we were talking about Sesame Street and speculated on whether Duggar kids are allowed to watch it. I wrote up this little tribute to Sesame Street on its 50th anniversary:

https://humbledandoverwhelmed.blogspot.com/2019/11/sesame-street-at-50-years-for-arts-b-is.html

Loved your article, and both revisiting some bits I remembered and discovering new ones. The years that my kids were of ages to watch Sesame Street were between the late 80's to mid 90's, and I've been a low-key Opera fan (as in, I go to the occasional performance, and always enjoy bits and pieces, but don't particularly follow it) since probably high school. 

I loved the Renee Fleming bit, since my kids have had to endure my singing "Caro Nome" at random throughout their lives, and hadn't seen that one before that I recall. 

The secondary link to Jose Carrerras (always one of my favorites) singing "Vesti  la Guibba" while Ernie searched for his rubber duckie ended up bringing back the old earworm of a commercial...."No more Rice Krispies...I've run out of Rice Krispies! My tears will not stop. Until I hear 'snap. crackle, pop'. "

Thanks for the rabbit-hole of memories!

• Love 6

@sixlets  I wasn't sure if your husband's car was from this year or not and they also wanted to know the number off of the tires.  What I came up with was 242.78 per tire after the instant savings of the 70 plus 80.  That was for Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS 90.  Right now, until 11/21 there's $70 off 4 tires and $80 off installation.  The price includes app $20 per tire for installation and $1 tire disposal.  (I don't know if the $80 rebate will come off here or not)  If you have an 18" rim there's 3 tires available at White Marsh.  With the 19" rim staggered front and rear they only show one rear tire.  I hope that's a help

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, wilsie said:

@sixlets  I wasn't sure if your husband's car was from this year or not and they also wanted to know the number off of the tires.  What I came up with was 242.78 per tire after the instant savings of the 70 plus 80.  That was for Bridgestone BLIZZAK WS 90.  Right now, until 11/21 there's $70 off 4 tires and $80 off installation.  The price includes app $20 per tire for installation and $1 tire disposal.  (I don't know if the $80 rebate will come off here or not)  If you have an 18" rim there's 3 tires available at White Marsh.  With the 19" rim staggered front and rear they only show one rear tire.  I hope that's a help

Thank you so much!  It's a 2018.  I finally got him to give more info so I can get specific item numbers.  The fronts are different than the rears, just to make things more difficult.  The rears are item #1059813, and the fronts are item #1058177.  They are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+.  Thank you again!!