Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, bannana said:

Julie went nuts when Jack said Gwen was moving in. That is because Gwen destroyed Abigail's happy family.

Didn't Julie fuck Doug when he was married to Addy? Thus making her Hope's sister and step-mother? Can she really cast stones?

I wasn't around back then but Doug was involved with Julie first then I believe it was Addie who stole him from Julie. That's what I recall hearing. Doug/Julie reunited after Addie died to raise Hope.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wasn't around back then but Doug was involved with Julie first then I believe it was Addie who stole him from Julie. That's what I recall hearing. Doug/Julie reunited after Addie died to raise Hope.

THANK you!

Julie didn’t steal Doug from her mother. I don’t know if Addy actually stole him from her, but Julie and Doug were together first.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, katie9918 said:

THANK you!

Julie didn’t steal Doug from her mother. I don’t know if Addy actually stole him from her, but Julie and Doug were together first.

I had always thought that Julie broke up Doug and Addy because I seem to recall Hope resenting Julie. But you are both correct, Julie did not split them up. Looks like Addy didn't split Julie and Doug up either. What a bizarre storyline. I just read up on it on Soap Central. 

Molly Bernard Im So Sorry GIF by TV Land

But I still cannot stand Julie's judgmental shrieking. 🙃

• Love 3
(edited)

Chads crying and  really saying to Abby to lean on him and how he'd be there is a joke. 

He's been a crap husband and believes everyone but her.  He was offering  sympathy and to go see Gwen 5 mins after she left and knowing she lied about the stairs.  I hope Abby comes back stronger with more a backbone when it comes to him.

I'm glad she left without a word to Jack.  Then he shows up saying he doesn't like that she left without telling him. She doesn't owe him the time of day.  He just let's Gwen do  anything to Abby and forgives Gwen. 

I don't mind the doctor giving something back to Gwen. She shouldn't be allowed to step foot in the Horton house much less live there.

Are Sami and Lucas still in the basement?

Claire really said to Ben, but she's in South Africa with Theo? She sure lost that love/loyalty to Ciaria fast when trying to jump Ben.

Edited by Artsda
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, katie9918 said:

THANK you!

Dougie was a very messy boy back in the day.  Didn't he target Addie for her money originally?  

He must have been one helluva ukulele player...

Edited by boes
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, boes said:

Dougie was a very messy boy back in the day.  Didn't he target Addis for her money originally?  

He must have been one helluva ukulele player...

I think Addie knew that from the start and use her money to lure him closer to her.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think Addie knew that from the start and use her money to lure him closer to her.

Did Doug meet Bill Horton in prison?  Is that how it all started?

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, boes said:

Did Doug meet Bill Horton in prison?  Is that how it all started?

Doug Williams was Bill Horton's cell mate while he served his sentence for the manslaughter of Kitty Horton. Doug was in prison for a white collar crime, and during his conversations with Bill learned all about Salem, and Susan Martin who had inherited a fortune from her late husband David. After getting out of prison Doug went after Susan, but she didn't fall for his charm. However, Susan saw Doug as a way to come between Julie and Scott Banning, so she offered Doug money to have an affair with Julie. Susan would eventually come to her senses and call off the deal, but by that time it was too late. By the end of 1970 Doug was working as a singer at Sergio's and had fallen in love with Julie. Doug and Julie eventually made love, and he talked about marrying her if she left Scott Banning.

In 1972, when Doug was found out by Addie Horton Olson to be Brent Douglas, an orphan who had run away from an orphan edge at the age of 14 and had been conning his way through life. Doug and Addie formed a mutual friendship, but Addie wanted to be more than just friends.

In June of 1972, Doug planned a trip for himself and Julie, but the two quarreled the night they were to leave over whether Julie would bring her son David with them. Julie walked out on Doug, and when he dropped by Addie's she proposed marriage, and Doug accepted. In June of 1972 Doug and Addie married and honeymooned in Portofino. Upon returning to Salem Addie bought Sergio's and renamed it Doug's place as a wedding gift for her husband. Addie loved Doug greatly, and in time he came to love her as well.

In 1973, Addie and Doug learned they were expecting a child. However their happiness would soon be shattered when Addie learned she had leukemia. Addie slipped into coma, but awakened to give birth to her daughter Hope Williams on December 24, 1974. Soon after Addie's leukemia went into remission. Addie's health improved, and Doug and Addie were happy with little Hope. Addie's happiness wouldn't last for one day while crossing the street Addie was struck by a car and killed. Addie gave her life to save her baby Hope, whose carriage would have been struck by the car if she had not pushed the carriage out of the way. Doug was grief stricken and nobody seemed to be able to reach him.

In 1975, Doug decided to take Hope from her Grandparents and raise her himself, along with the help of a nanny he hired named Rebecca North. He also decided to give Hope a little brother, and went to Dr. Neil Curtis, who agreed to find an anonymous surrogate mother for him. Neil would eventually choose Hope's own nanny Rebecca North for the job.

In 1976, after Julie had divorced Bob Anderson, Doug and Julie became engaged. Hoping to have children with Julie, Doug told Neil he no-longer needed the surrogate child, and Rebecca North was allowed to keep her baby, and the money. Before they were to marry Doug's ex-wife Kim Douglas returned claiming she and Doug had never legally divorced. After months of trying to win Doug back Kim told him that they had been divorced legally for many years. Doug and Julie then continued with wedding plans and married in 1976.

In 1977, Doug's Place suffered hard times when Doug lost his liquor license and eventually the club. Julie would buy back the club and turn it into Doug's coffee house, and later that year Doug left Salem to take care of business. While away Doug was arrested for a drug bust, which was a frame up orchestrated by Larry Atwood who wanted Julie for himself.f

From that soap site, Soap Central, I think.

Doug sounds like quite asshole! Not a great catch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Claire, have you been wanting Ben all this time? Unless Ciara really divorces him or really dies, you will still come in second. He was right to pull away. You do not need this rebound. There probably is a guy out there waiting to be cast for the show that will want you for you and not some second choice.

I do see Ben as being slightly more competent than some of the Salem PD.

Shawn and Belle, Jan isn't all that dumb. You don't know all the variables of what is going on - that Dr. Snyder apparently knew that Jan came out of her coma much earlier. Wonder what he has on her. John is right, this is a bad idea that can go terribly off-track.

Gwen, you do know that silence comes at a price. Just admit the truth truth and let Dr. Snyder find someone else or turn him in. Giving your dad a half-truth is disappointing. Granted, you have probably never actually told the truth.

Poor Chad, sobbing at Abs' departure. She is visiting her mom an hour or so's flight away. Not Antarctica. Maybe continue to see a counsellor to deal with your trust and other issues. Maybe the Boston tea will give Abs more of a spine. I too was happy that she didn't see her dad.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Also the Julie/Doug/Addie triangle was just another example on how screwed up the Horton family was.  They had money prestige but the Horton children were so dysfunctional despite having Tom and Alice as parents.  The family also dealt with mental illness and how devastating it can affect a family especially in those days.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Also the Julie/Doug/Addie triangle was just another example on how screwed up the Horton family was.  They had money prestige but the Horton children were so dysfunctional despite having Tom and Alice as parents.  The family also dealt with mental illness and how devastating it can affect a family especially in those days.

I recall, maybe about a year ago, the Days app posted a scene from circa 1976 when Mickey had a breakdown and Tom and the rest of the family confronted him somewhere in the Horton home (with hideous red shag carpeting! Ah, '70s decor!). Bad set aside, the acting was wonderful.

To think this show wasn't always a campy, crappy circus.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I recall, maybe about a year ago, the Days app posted a scene from circa 1976 when Mickey had a breakdown and Tom and the rest of the family confronted him somewhere in the Horton home (with hideous red shag carpeting! Ah, '70s decor!). Bad set aside, the acting was wonderful.

To think this show wasn't always a campy, crappy circus.

There’s an app that shows old clips?! Have to find. 

7 hours ago, bannana said:

From that soap site, Soap Central, I think.

Doug sounds like quite asshole! Not a great catch.

He no longer needed his child? What a piece of shit. They make this guy out to be so wonderful? Where is this child? Hope, you have a fucked up mom, stepmom & dad!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, nollf said:

I'm enjoying creepy Dr. Snyder. A little something new to throw in the mix. 

Chad's tears. . . always delightful. His whole outfit is wild. Those pants are so tight. 

Yes..the hospital needs some crazy cray for sure..etc 

and CHAD- he’s just so boring and blech to me ( used to think he was cute, but that is NOT enough). I feel he fits in more with the Brady clan. He just doesn’t feel like a true DiMera. (Memory refresh please..is Kate his mother, as well? If true..then they need to check DNA)

Anyway...my pointe being: 

gotta do something for him and squeezing him in the tight pants and turtle neck...probably helped the sophisticated “tears” flowing. 
For some reason, I keep picturing him and Ben riding off into the sunset, with Chad on the back of Bens motorcycle, holding on tight. A little offscreen road trip would do them/me some good!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

The only time I've found Chad at all interesting over the past few years I've been watching was when he was a messy, drunk bitch on New Year's, saying the most outrageously offensive stuff about Abby. It was juicy and awful and I dug it. I also hoped it meant his marriage was finally over for good, but alas. (The kidnapping, Charlotte's dangerous birth, and subsequent forced institutionalization should really have been the end of it. That shit was unforgivable.)

The thing I find interesting about Abby's feelings of guilt about Gwen's fall is that, no matter what Gwen lied about before or afterward, Abby thought Gwen was pregnant at the time and absolutely should not have fought with her on the stairs, but did it anyway. The hidden circumstance of Gwen's earlier miscarriage should not absolve her of that guilt. I think that might be too nuanced for this show, and absolution will be provided anyway, but so far I think they've played it well. I really like how meaty and messy this new family dynamic has been and I hope MM is set to return at some point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, boes said:

Julie?  Oh Julie??  Would you mind standing over here?

Yes, that's right, move just a bit to the right. A bit more.....a little more.....Now don't move...

giphy.gif

You were saying?

I love your Julie posts. I love all your posts, but the Julie ones are gold. 

On another note, I agree with @peachmangosteen. think I would be more for Ben/Claire if ORK were still in the role. Two crazies together would be fun. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, bannana said:

I had always thought that Julie broke up Doug and Addy because I seem to recall Hope resenting Julie. But you are both correct, Julie did not split them up. Looks like Addy didn't split Julie and Doug up either. What a bizarre storyline. I just read up on it on Soap Central. 

Molly Bernard Im So Sorry GIF by TV Land

But I still cannot stand Julie's judgmental shrieking. 🙃

It was and wouldn't fly today but back then it worked because Bill Bell wrote this storyline and Bill/Susan had great chemistry. 

Hope resented Julie because back then like most of us she thought it was weird and creepy that her sister was married to her dad. Eventually she got past it as we all know.

4 hours ago, nollf said:

The only time I've found Chad at all interesting over the past few years I've been watching was when he was a messy, drunk bitch on New Year's, saying the most outrageously offensive stuff about Abby. It was juicy and awful and I dug it. I also hoped it meant his marriage was finally over for good, but alas. (The kidnapping, Charlotte's dangerous birth, and subsequent forced institutionalization should really have been the end of it. That shit was unforgivable.)

The thing I find interesting about Abby's feelings of guilt about Gwen's fall is that, no matter what Gwen lied about before or afterward, Abby thought Gwen was pregnant at the time and absolutely should not have fought with her on the stairs, but did it anyway. The hidden circumstance of Gwen's earlier miscarriage should not absolve her of that guilt. I think that might be too nuanced for this show, and absolution will be provided anyway, but so far I think they've played it well. I really like how meaty and messy this new family dynamic has been and I hope MM is set to return at some point.

Chad, BF's version especially works better as a jerk not this romantic hero they try to pretend he is. CD's Chad I preferred as a shady jerk as well. 

Shawn and even Ben pull that romantic hero stuff a lot better than Chad does.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, Artsda said:

I'm glad she left without a word to Jack.  Then he shows up saying he doesn't like that she left without telling him. She doesn't owe him the time of day.  He just let's Gwen do  anything to Abby and forgives Gwen. 

I don't mind the doctor giving something back to Gwen. She shouldn't be allowed to step foot in the Horton house much less live there.

Yeah, Gwen shouldn't have ever been allowed in that house considering all that she's done to multiple members of that family.

If Jack wants to play daddy to her, do it in someone else's house.  She is considered family to no one but him.  Julie isn't one bit wrong to not want Gwen and all her hysterical drama in the place where she lives.  They gloss over it now and act like sleeping with Chad was the worse thing she's done, but Gwen DID try and KILL Abigail.  Who the hell would want someone like that in their home?  It's real easy for Jennifer to okay it as she doesn't have to live in it.  Speaking of, Jack is too wrapped up in babysitting Gwen's overgrown ass to see, but he should really be questioning why his wife is content and not rushing home to him.  Jennifer isn't  and keeps delaying coming back.  I don't care what the excuse is, she doesn't want to be there with Gwen.  But that doesn't click with pathetic Jack.  His only concern to wipe Gwen's ass.  Yet she continues to reward him by lying to his face.  Yet the child who has dealt with and forgiven him repeatedly for being a lousy parent he treats like dirt.  

Chad needs to STFU about Abby being "obsessed" with Gwen.  It was his obsession with Jake that led to him believing Gwen's first nasty lie about his wife in the first place.  The only person "obsessed" is Gwen.  It was her obsession with Abigail that has caused all of this destruction.  And she is STILL obsessed with Abigail as evidenced by her continuing to lie about her spite baby.  She is yet again blaming Abigail for something she did NOT do.  Abigail had nothing to do with Gwen's miscarriage, yet Gwen is once again making Abigail pay and suffer because "poor Gwen" had a rough childhood.  She needs a therapist, not to get her foolish and childish delusions rewarded by getting to play house with Jack.  

Chad and Jack are such stupid fools to keep running after Gwen with their stupid need to "check up" on her.  Why does this bitch need "checking up" on?  She's at least 30.  She needs a job.   I hope Jack and Chad get dragged by anyone and everyone and made to feel like the stupid, gullible, fools that they are when it's revealed that surprise! once again, Gwen told a nasty lie.  

I mean, how many times can Gwen get away with these nasty, hurtful, destructive lies about someone who has done NOTHING to her to warrant them?  I mean, what even is the point if she never suffers any consequences?  She just gets to keep going around lying?  She is NOT a character with the history, ties, bonds, and time that deserves such devotion.  NO one besides Jack and Chad give a damn about her and her "trauma."  Maybe people would care about her "trauma" Jack if she stopped causing so much other trauma to others for no reason.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 8
(edited)

Hope resented Julie because back then like most of us she thought it was weird and creepy that her sister was married to her dad. Eventually she got past it as we all know.

Hope thought that, because it is. In my headcanon, Hope secretly still thinks it's icky. But she doesn't want to get screamed at, so she stiff-upper-lips it.

Also: I can't help thinking that the frequency of mentions of Chad's tight pants is a comment on the quality of the writing right now. If trouser construction is the most interesting thing onscreen...

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

Hope should have realized she's on a soap and that was probably not the weirdest thing that would happen in her life.

• LOL 8
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Hope thought that, because it is. In my headcanon, Hope secretly still thinks it's icky. But she doesn't want to get screamed at, so she stiff-upper-lips it.

Even though her existence depended on it, she should have resented her own parents if she thought it was (or still does) weird.  Not Julie.  Her parents were the ones who decided that there was nothing wrong with them getting together and having children despite their connections to Julie.

Not that there was anything technically wrong.  They were consenting adults.  I personally find it sort of sketchy that a mother would date a man after that man was in a relationship with her daughter, but that's just me . . .   

I don't know if Hope ever questioned her parents about all the weirdness, but that's where her focus should have been.  Not on Julie.

I don't mind Julie like others do.  I hope she keeps throwing truth bombs and shade at idiots like Jack and Gwen who she owes nothing and continues to defend and look out for her family when they are attacked.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, chediavolo said:

There’s an app that shows old clips?! Have to find. 

He no longer needed his child? What a piece of shit. They make this guy out to be so wonderful? Where is this child? Hope, you have a fucked up mom, stepmom & dad!

Boarding school, Alice, and Tom were probably the very best things to happen to Hope!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Hope should have realized she's on a soap and that was probably not the weirdest thing that would happen in her life.

You're so right.  Having your sister as your step mother is no way as strange and unsettling as being romantically paired with Rafe.

Talk about ICK......

• LOL 9
5 hours ago, tribeca said:

I find Ben why to possessive to ever find him romantic.  

I agree he is possessive but when I mean romantic he's devoted to whoever he was with(to the point of madness really) I don't doubt he actually cares about Ciara and worships the ground she walks on(even if I think he's a psycho waiting to burst) the way many past couples have that level of devotion.

I don't get that with Chad about Abby unless someone else expresses an interest in her(Ben, Dario, Cameron etc) and even then it pales in comparison to past couples on this show.

35 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

And that’s what I find most irritating about the two. 😬

Oddly enough I don't care about that for either of them with Ben its because I can't get past the fact he was an SK and with Shawn he seems like a doormat/eyecandy to Belle and not much else. I like Shawn but there's not much there to him beyond that(course I also fault the writers since they seemed to not care about writing for him beyond Belle).

I do think soaps need couples/characters like this but at the same time it was so much better developed back then than now.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

Even though her existence depended on it, she should have resented her own parents if she thought it was (or still does) weird.  Not Julie.  Her parents were the ones who decided that there was nothing wrong with them getting together and having children despite their connections to Julie.

Not that there was anything technically wrong.  They were consenting adults.  I personally find it sort of sketchy that a mother would date a man after that man was in a relationship with her daughter, but that's just me . . .   

I don't know if Hope ever questioned her parents about all the weirdness, but that's where her focus should have been.  Not on Julie.

I don't mind Julie like others do.  I hope she keeps throwing truth bombs and shade at idiots like Jack and Gwen who she owes nothing and continues to defend and look out for her family when they are attacked.

Well Addie died so how can Hope be mad at her at this point. Its much easier being mad at the nearest person available than her actual parents.

Also Doug spoiled Hope and Julie resented that too. I mean that's probably the only other woman Julie couldn't win ahead of with Doug.

Speaking of Chad, with Abby out of town I hope this means we see a lot less of him. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Boarding school, Alice, and Tom were probably the very best things to happen to Hope!

They were heaven sent to Jennifer as well.  Despite their love, both Hope and Jennifer yearned for their mothers' love and their fathers' attention and that is understandable because nobody can take your parents place.. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like MM as Abigail? I prefer KM in the role. I don’t think MM has chemistry with her fellow actors.

I could take or leave either, but MM gets the edge for me purely because she actually looks like she could have been created by Matthew Ashford and Melissa Reeves.

Then again, First Teen Ciara actually looked like she could have been Kristen Alfonso's daughter and her acting was horrible and never got better. Say what you will about VK, but at least her version of Ciara isn't painful to watch.

On 5/22/2021 at 2:00 PM, tribeca said:

I find Ben why to possessive to ever find him romantic.  

I'm kind of surprised this show didn't decide to have Ben play the Heathcliff to Ciara's Cathy. Maybe it will still happen since (public domain) books seem like they're going to be Cin's thing, if Ciara ever winds up coming back and she remembers her epic love for Ben.

Call it an unpopular opinion but I kind of had fun with the literature fantasies. It reminded me of something you would have seen in the 80's.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t like MM as Abigail? I prefer KM in the role. I don’t think MM has chemistry with her fellow actors.

I’m with you. Not a fan

• Love 3
12 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I agree completely! While I think MM is the better overall actress, I find KM to be the more compelling Abby. As you said, she has much better chemistry with the cast, and she especially has explosive chemistry with the actor who plays Chad. I'll choose KM everyday over MM.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Call it an unpopular opinion but I kind of had fun with the literature fantasies. It reminded me of something you would have seen in the 80's.

I would have loved it too but I just can't watch Ben/Ciara lol.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

So Chad finds out Gwen lied that his wife didn't attempt to kill a child or assault something that Abby could have been jailed for and he goes to check on Gwen? Has heart to heart with her? Even bring up his kids, who she manipulated herself to be in the lives of while she continued to drug and ruin their mothers lives?

He can be dumped by Abby anytime now. Chad claims so much hate for Ben, but Gwen gets sympathy and to be checked on?

Umm Claire, 911 or the emergency button might have been a smarter move.

Glad Belle called Snyder an idiot.

Lol at Jan calling Charlie's apartment Grand Central Station the night of his murder. So true, I said the same thing when watching it originally.

"They arrested Sami then looked at 16 other suspects." Her writing making fun of the actual writing is funny.

I liked seeing Jordan snarky back and her scenes with Ben. 

MM is ok, but can't stand her clothing and agreed KM pulls Abby off better. I think they even write her version better. MMs Abby and Chad seem to be horribly written yet KMs Abby is smarter. Like figuring out the Paris drugging plot, yet Gabi& Gwen played them for fools forever.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

So Chad finds out Gwen lied that his wife didn't attempt to kill a child or assault something that Abby could have been jailed for and he goes to check on Gwen? Has heart to heart with her? Even bring up his kids, who she manipulated herself to be in the lives of while she continued to drug and ruin their mothers lives?

He can be dumped by Abby anytime now. Chad claims so much hate for Ben, but Gwen gets sympathy and to be checked on?

Sooooo much THIS!  I was a tepid Chabigail 'shipper, but maybe they just don't work anymore as a couple?  For me, the lack of trust/faith in each other (but esp. on Chad's part) can't be magicked away.  None, zero, zip, zilch of Gwen's shenanigans would have worked if not for that glaring basic lack of trust/faith.  That's a serious strike in any marriage.

10 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Why was Claire's first thought to call Ben?

Because the plot called for it!  😉

Seriously though...it's just so dumb!  So is Ben the go-to for any emergency?  Got into a car crash?  Call Ben.  Fell down the stairs & broke your leg?  Call Ben.   Leaky pipe? Call Ben. 

As for the posts regarding preference for actress portraying Abby. I can't even remember Benson anymore...it's been so long. But I have stated that I prefer MM because at least I feel sympathy and pathos for the character, as Abigail is not as hard-edged. I like that she can be vulnerable and that makes her more likeable (for me). I've always felt KM's Abigail was too screechy and hysterical.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I hate Abby more than any character on soaps, but like her solely because of MM's interpretation and I'm okay being alone on this

Nope, I'm at that table, too.

1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Why was Claire's first thought to call Ben?

Sadly, because she wants his dick.

1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

None, zero, zip, zilch of Gwen's shenanigans would have worked if not for that glaring basic lack of trust/faith.  That's a serious strike in any marriage.

This. Their marriage is horrible lol. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

The only Abigail that I ever liked was Ashley Benson who looked like Jennifer but was more like Jack.  

I liked her too but even her Abby was problematic as she had no issue with Chelsea drugging Patrick to get him into bed(fortunately nothing really happened there). She was friends with Chelsea in general despite her killing Zach.  

However she was never a focal point and was your typical teen so she was a lot easier to take than later on when Abby became above reproach. I think she had the best father/daughter chemistry with Matthew Ashford of the older Abby's.

That being said I couldn't picture her Abby being the adult version of the character either.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I didn't mind her this time around but I do prefer KM as the adult version of Abby because she fits with the cast better on screen and edgier. However regardless of which actress plays Abby if she returns she needs to split from Chad for the character to have any viability left at this point.

• Love 1

Kate Mansi probably has a stronger overt screen presence than MM.  But MM's latest stint has convinced me she is the far better actress.  She's bringing layers and nuance to her performances.

KM would be purely self righteous and on a high horse in her attacks on Chad and Gwen.  MM's Abby has been tenacious, even vicious but she also wears Abigail's hurt in everything she does.  It might not have been obvious right away but I've been riveted to her work lately.  She's exactly how I like my heroines to be.  She gives off a nice vibe but there's also steel underneath it. I hope she's back after her maternity leave.

On to today, specifically, CHARLIE!  Hello, Mike Manning, still wish you were here.  So Jan killed Charlie for what he did to Claire and Claire doesn't think to just run?  I did find it funny Claire called Ben since I think phones (or at least my phone) has an "Emergency Call" button right on the main screen.  I don't even need to log into my phone to access it.

• Love 12

I love Marci's Abby! She's the only thing that's made this boring, terrible story watchable. lol

Her scenes Friday were amazing. I hope she gets a nom.

• Love 9

Gwen worked best as Jake's ex and a friend of Claire's they didn't need to do anything else with her.

They could've put her in Xander/Sarah's orbit after that if needed. Or even mess with Jake/Gabi(or Jake/Kate even).

Or throw her in the Charlie murder mystery all these would've been better options.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
50 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I liked her too but even her Abby was problematic as she had no issue with Chelsea drugging Patrick to get him into bed(fortunately nothing really happened there). She was friends with Chelsea in general despite her killing Zach.  

However she was never a focal point and was your typical teen so she was a lot easier to take than later on when Abby became above reproach. I think she had the best father/daughter chemistry with Matthew Ashford of the older Abby's.

That being said I couldn't picture her Abby being the adult version of the character either.

She had a dark side and that came from Jack and I liked her characterization.  She had an obsessive trait and it drew her to Nick who also had a dark side that he was struggling with.  The brother/sister relationship between them was divine.

I loved the Nick/Chelsea/Max/Abigail dynamic and the show should have made them the centerpiece for stories.  It also continued the long tradition of Hortons and Bradys dating each other.  I despised Chelsea but her dynamic with that group made her endearing. Abigail was attracted to Chelsea's dark side and felt a kinship with her. Abigail should have been an anti-heroine who struggles with her dark side.  Abigail is a Horton/Johnson/Devereaux, she should be a hot mess..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Seriously though...it's just so dumb!  So is Ben the go-to for any emergency?  Got into a car crash?  Call Ben.  Fell down the stairs & broke your leg?  Call Ben.   Leaky pipe? Call Ben.

Don't forget he's also the go-to guy if you need a necktie!  He'll even tie it for you.

• LOL 11
17 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

She had a dark side and that came from Jack and I liked her characterization.  She had an obsessive trait and it drew her to Nick who also had a dark side that he was struggling with.  The brother/sister relationship between them was divine.

I loved the Nick/Chelsea/Max/Abigail dynamic and the show should have made them the centerpiece for stories.  It also continued the long tradition of Hortons and Bradys dating each other.  I despised Chelsea but her dynamic with that group made her endearing. Abigail was attracted to Chelsea's dark side and felt a kinship with her. Abigail should have been an anti-heroine who struggles with her dark side.  Abigail is a Horton/Johnson/Devereaux, she should be a hot mess..

That was the last young adult set I really adored overall, although I’ve liked individual characters and couples since that time. They were very different people, but believably drawn together because they filled needs for one another. No saints or mustache-twirling  villains in the bunch. They had interests. They had talents. They were so, so watchable. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Abigail is a Horton/Johnson/Devereaux, she should be a hot mess..

With her multiple stints in mental facilities and multiple marriages to other men in between her marriages to Chad, she has always been a hot mess.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3