Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I begrudgingly admit, I liked the Lani and Chanel scenes. I like Lani with Chanel and Paulina. The characters make her feel real. "The only label I acknowledge are the ones I buy on Rodeo!" YEEEEESSSS! I wish I could drunkenly marry and then immediately annul my partnership with Chanel. It'll be the happiest 72 hours of my life.

Same here and I wonder if the actresses had a lot of input in the direction and dialogue. It is why the scenes worked for me.   Lani came alive with them and she was not her usual boring self.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7

Yesterday, Lani heard Chanel talking about who she was interested in and applied the label bi or pansexual to Chanel before Chanel said she didn't like labels. But Lani recognized that Chanel could be attracted to both men and women.

So I don't get why today she told Eli that she didn't think Chanel would be interested in his barely covered body. Chanel isn't claiming an exclusive interest in women.  Of course she might be interested in looking at him if he's going to walk around practically naked (or strangely naked in this case).

The Tripp, Allie and Chanel scenes were interesting. On one hand, it felt like amateur hour.  It also felt like the scenes were underwritten and they just told the actors to improv some dialogue.

On the other hand, it looked like Chanel was giving Tripp the eye before Allie came back in.  And they probably had more chemistry than Tripp and Allie.  But that isn't the point I want to make.  DOOL does have the chance to do something that hasn't been done on US soaps before--having a triangle where any combination is possible.  It looks like Allie could be at the center but it could just as easily be Tripp or Chanel.  It could be a triangle where any OTP iteration is possible:  Chipp, Challie or Trallie.

I don't know why Nicole confessed her indiscretion to Ava but I really liked their scenes. 

And I was surprised that Sami and Lucas had sex again. This needs to keep happening where they end up having sex and then having Sami mad that it happened.  I don't know why but I find it funny given their history.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Chanel and Tripp are both too good for Allie. And realistically Tripp would have an aversion to Allie. Shows seldom acknowledge this, the repulsion and resentment a falsely accused has to the person and place it happened and fact that even if you're vindicated your life is destroyed, the only time I've really seen it depicted was the Billy Porter episode of Law and Order SVU. 

Yeah Allie is the weak link in this triangle go figure. I mean I wouldn't want Chanel/Tripp as a couple but partners in crime would've been the way to go with them(if Tripp went back to his shady ways as originally introduced). 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, tribeca said:

Tripp should date Chanel.  She is more his type.  He seems to like women with a little fire. 

I thought they had some chem tbh. I do think Tripp and Allie would both work better with a character that's more dynamic since they're both so low key.

2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

On the other hand, it looked like Chanel was giving Tripp the eye before Allie came back in.  And they probably had more chemistry than Tripp and Allie.  But that isn't the point I want to make.  DOOL does have the chance to do something that hasn't been done on US soaps before--having a triangle where any combination is possible.  It looks like Allie could be at the center but it could just as easily be Tripp or Chanel.  It could be a triangle where any OTP iteration is possible:  Chipp, Challie or Trallie.

I was thinking they might be setting something like this up as well. My sister wondered if they might go the throuple route, which I imagine Ron would love to do but I don't see TPTB going for it at all.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

My sister wondered if they might go the throuple route, which I imagine Ron would love to do but I don't see TPTB going for it at all.

I didn't go there.  That might just be too modern for DOOL.  But if the show lasts, it might get to that "modern1" place in about 50 years. 

• LOL 7
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought they had some chem tbh. I do think Tripp and Allie would both work better with a character that's more dynamic since they're both so low key.

I was thinking they might be setting something like this up as well. My sister wondered if they might go the throuple route, which I imagine Ron would love to do but I don't see TPTB going for it at all.

If a movie from 1933 can be pro-throuple so can DOOL!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think Allie and Tripp are kind of sweet together.  
  Ava is kind of boring to me.  She needs something to do.  not sure Nicole should be trusting her with her secret. 

Zander is entertaining as a bad guy a good guy and in between.  The actor is just entertaining.  
Really wanted Rafe to put all the pieces together and figure out the person Lucas will lie for is Sami. 

Sami and Lucas are so fun together.  Love all their history and wish they could get back together.   I will take what I can get lol 

is anyone going to tell Philip his mom is in the hospital?

• Love 11

Nicole, you probably shouldn't have spilled your secret to Ava. It can and will be used against you at some point. And no, neither Ava nor Rafe would have been a friend to you when you were going through stuff. At least you got your ring back.

So, no one ever calls to let folks they are coming to visit? Nicole's apartment building doesn't have a buzzer either? No wonder crime is high in Salem. Unless you do have an invitation to show up, you do check first whether the person is home. Chanel, you do have interesting timing. And you did get a look at Eli.

At least Lani knows what Kristen is up to.

Sami and Lucas were cute trying to break in to the ceiling. He's not exactly like Eli, who has a larger build.

Nice of the Salem Inn manager to bring Xander's bill. Guess that's been paid. Wonder why it just wasn't charged to the Kiriakis account.

Gabi forgot about the wine cellar and the tunnels?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Nicole, you probably shouldn't have spilled your secret to Ava. It can and will be used against you at some point. And no, neither Ava nor Rafe would have been a friend to you when you were going through stuff. At least you got your ring back.

So, no one ever calls to let folks they are coming to visit? Nicole's apartment building doesn't have a buzzer either? No wonder crime is high in Salem. Unless you do have an invitation to show up, you do check first whether the person is home. Chanel, you do have interesting timing. And you did get a look at Eli.

At least Lani knows what Kristen is up to.

Sami and Lucas were cute trying to break in to the ceiling. He's not exactly like Eli, who has a larger build.

Nice of the Salem Inn manager to bring Xander's bill. Guess that's been paid. Wonder why it just wasn't charged to the Kiriakis account.

Gabi forgot about the wine cellar and the tunnels?

Havent both Gabi & Rafe been imprisoned in the tunnels before?  I would think that would be one of the first places they would look.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

Loved Xander pretty much telling a Kristen to fuck off because he didn’t care who knew he slept with Nicole. 

Of course it was short-lived. *sigh*

When will this Kristen shit be over?

Allie didn’t show any enthusiasm at all towards Tripp for the flowers. What a drip. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

Tripp should date Chanel.  She is more his type.  He seems to like women with a little fire. 
do wonder if Tripp is attracted to Allie or the family life. 

Absolutely agree. They would be way more interesting. 

• Love 2

I love Chanel being horny for everybody. Xander, too. She and Xander should honestly give it another go. Just saying. 

Xander and Nicole bumping their big ole boobs together was kinda hot. I'm still on that boat.

Lani saying she "understood" because Kristen was "provoked" into "pushing" Haley pushed me into actively disliking her. I'm ridiculously easygoing; it takes a lot to get me there. 

I got a good chuckle out of Chanel's self-satisfied expression when she hugged Allie. And then again at that (I'm assuming) very nice ass. Also chuckle-worthy: everything Sami/Lucas. They're just so fun! What chemistry!

Rafe looking toward the secret tunnel then doing the whole *shrug* *it's probably nothing* thing felt so deliberately mean to the audience that I almost respect it. But only almost. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, boes said:

Totally off topic but does anyone else think that Allie and Tripp look far too much like brother and sister for there not to be a certain ICK factor in them becoming a couple?  

Also, there's the fact that Allie has all the life of a lab specimen.......

Omg! I SAW it with my own two eyes after watching today’s episode. Tripp and Allie definitely look very much related and their personalities match.

Idk, maybe Tripp can get a rotation in a testing lab..figure out how to smack some life into Allie.🤭

seriously, I really really do not care about these two, together, or apart.

Watching these two = 🥱💤🥱

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

My sister wondered if they might go the throuple route, which I imagine Ron would love to do but I don't see TPTB going for it at all.

Considering how much screetime has been dedicated to this Chanel/Allie/Tripp thing, I honestly think DAYS is feeling out the waters for a threesome. Which is only marginally more interesting than a Chanel/Allie/Tripp triangle with Allie as the coveted prize. Maybe a threesome will spice up bland Allie a little and give Tripp back some of his fire. Either way, triangle or throuple, I think Chanel will end up being the odd one out. 

AZ sold me yesterday & today with showing just how guilty & awful Nicole feels for cheating on Eric. Last week when Rafe caught Nicole doing the walk of shame, I got the sense that Nicole felt worse about "cheating" on Rafe than on her actual husband, and I was annoyed. But AZ's acting the last 2 episodes convinced me that Nicole tears are because of the damage she's caused to her marriage (even though Eric has done a hell of a lot of damage too for acting like he's Africa's savior). I like Eric & Nicole, but if Eric doesn't plan on coming back anytime soon, I'd totally be on board with a Xander/Nicole love-hate relationship.

Speaking of Xander, I was so glad that he was allowed to rebuff Kristen's multiple attempts to hire, bribe, and blackmail him today. I absolutely loved it when he told Kristen how much he'd enjoy hurting Eric with the news that he slept with Nicole, and she was left sputtering because she really doesn't have anything to blackmail him with. Too bad the hotel manager showed up at just the right time to evict Xander, giving Kristen the upper hand yet again. 

Still loving all these Sami and Lucas scenes. But I absolutely hated that Lucas compared her to an elephant and baby hippo. NOT fucking cool, Ron. 

I'm noticing more cast integration lately, and I love it. All these different characters interacting with each other again may be part of why I've been enjoying the show a lot lately. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Loved Xander pretty much telling a Kristen to fuck off because he didn’t care who knew he slept with Nicole. 

Of course it was short-lived. *sigh*

When will this Kristen shit be over?

Allie didn’t show any enthusiasm at all towards Tripp for the flowers. What a drip. 

I’m liking Xander right now in this storyline and am interested in what’s going to happen with Sami and Lucas.(right now, these three are the best in show)

HOW long are they going to keep this Kristin thing going??

Allie is a dull bulb. 
Are we sure she is Sami’s daughter?

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know why Nicole confessed her indiscretion to Ava but I really liked their scenes. 

Me, too.  I'm not a big fan of this kinder, gentler version of Ava but I really appreciated the friend she was being to Nicole today.  

42 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

But I absolutely hated that Lucas compared her to an elephant and baby hippo. NOT fucking cool, Ron. 

Why is that Ron's fault?  There are at least 13 other writers on The Writing team.  

I like Allie in her scenes with her parents and Kate.  I like Tripp in his scenes with Dr Snyder being an ass to him, and with Steve and Kayla.  Allie and Tripp have already become FF material for me, though.  

I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes that Sami and Lucas will conspire with Xander to trick Kristen into thinking they're dead, so he'll get her money.  Or, Sami will just offer him more money but that's not as fun as forking with Kristen.  

Really curious where they'll go with Lani and Kristen confrontation.  Those could be some interesting scenes if Lani has to deal with the fact that her friend has the capacity to be a truly awful (Mustache-Twirling) human being.  If Kristen had a little dog she carried around in her bag named Mutley, all the better.  Gawd, that gave me a flashback to when Ron brought Andrea Evan's Tina back to OLTL as some twit who carried a little dog around with her.  

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

that gave me a flashback to when Ron brought Andrea Evan's Tina back to OLTL as some twit who carried a little dog around with her.  

David Vickers!  I loved that she named the dog David Vickers.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

And I was surprised that Sami and Lucas had sex again. This needs to keep happening where they end up having sex and then having Sami mad that it happened.  I don't know why but I find it funny given their history.

The Sami/Lucas scenes are all that matters at this point!

No, not true. I am enjoying most of the show these past few weeks, but Sami and Lucas = Gold.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, nollf said:

Rafe looking toward the secret tunnel then doing the whole *shrug* *it's probably nothing* thing felt so deliberately mean to the audience that I almost respect it. But only almost. 

Hah! This show punks itself. 

Episode 1 Seriously GIF by Soul of a Nation

The first place to look for anyone, anyone, is the tunnels, and especially the wine cellar. But, yeah, both Gabi and Rafe just didn't even consider it. Show, you think you are being funny but you are pissing me off! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Still loving all these Sami and Lucas scenes. But I absolutely hated that Lucas compared her to an elephant and baby hippo. NOT fucking cool, Ron. 

YES!  How on EARTH did they get away with that???  All of Lucas's comments were disgusting, and especially more so because they were so far off base.  Why did Bryan Dattilo even go through with saying those lines??

• Love 4
7 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I like Allie in her scenes with her parents and Kate.  I like Tripp in his scenes with Dr Snyder being an ass to him, and with Steve and Kayla.  Allie and Tripp have already become FF material for me, though.  

I'm going to give it just a little more time, and hope that the actors are being awkward on purpose because the characters are in that awkward first stage of a "should-we-shouldn't-we" relationship.  If they don't get better in a few weeks, then yeah... snoozefest.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, nollf said:

This lol. I won't lie, I laughed at that. Then I was deeply annoyed. But also still laughing tbh.

9 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I'm noticing more cast integration lately, and I love it. All these different characters interacting with each other again may be part of why I've been enjoying the show a lot lately. 

YES! I think that's a huge part of why the show has been so great lately.

• Love 8

I feel bad for Chanel being so charismatic spending the crux of her scenes w the two blandest people in Salem. 

I can't get behind a character like Tripp but to put it the most plainly and not touching on history this is 24yr old man and woman agrees to peck on lips, which is interrupted and within 20 minutes buys her bouquet of flowers and rapping at her door. 

and on totally other not this isn't even her apartment it's some dude in Africa's and 2 bedroom shared by 2 adult women and one grade schooler and crying infant? This shows getting real kiddish like Degrassi TNG had more realism 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

and on totally other not this isn't even her apartment it's some dude in Africa's and 2 bedroom shared by 2 adult women and one grade schooler and crying infant? This shows getting real kiddish like Degrassi TNG had more realism 

ALL of the apartments and houses are completely unrealistic; they just magically grow and shrink as needed.  The disappearance of actual houses has been the biggest shame of all the budget cuts, IMO.  Hope's house is reduced to a small den, the Horton house was reduced to no longer having a foyer, not to mention whatever they did to the two mansions...  But the apartments are even worse - Marlena's penthouse can house her, John, Susan, Brady, and Sami?  Uh... where?  And then Lani and Eli's apartment all of a sudden has 2 bedrooms, when it used to be a studio with the bed in the kitchen?  Do Belle and Shawn and Claire live in Hope's den?  Is Nicole's place a 3-4 bedroom?  Seriously? 

Don't even get me started on how Salem is supposed to be a major city, but everyone and everything is within a 2 minute walk of Horton Town Square...

• Love 6

Is it bothering anybody else that Xander is broke? I mean he was CEO of Titan for at least 18 months (the time jump year, then six months we saw until Brady took over in his lame attempt to tank the company). During that time he lived rent free at Victor's house. Unless Titan pays minimum wage he should have saved a ton of money. He offered to buy Sarah a car last year when he was between Titan gigs too, so he had cash in the bank then. I can't believe 3 months in that shitty hotel room would wipe out 2 years of Titan income

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It would be a fascinating topic for Ron to explore but I doubt he would do a good job with it.  

4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

YES!  How on EARTH did they get away with that???  All of Lucas's comments were disgusting, and especially more so because they were so far off base.  Why did Bryan Dattilo even go through with saying those lines??

Does Ron know that Sami has a history with eating disorders.  I love Lumi but that was too much..

• Love 4
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

ALL of the apartments and houses are completely unrealistic; they just magically grow and shrink as needed.  The disappearance of actual houses has been the biggest shame of all the budget cuts, IMO.  Hope's house is reduced to a small den, the Horton house was reduced to no longer having a foyer, not to mention whatever they did to the two mansions...  But the apartments are even worse - Marlena's penthouse can house her, John, Susan, Brady, and Sami?  Uh... where?  And then Lani and Eli's apartment all of a sudden has 2 bedrooms, when it used to be a studio with the bed in the kitchen?  Do Belle and Shawn and Claire live in Hope's den?  Is Nicole's place a 3-4 bedroom?  Seriously? 

Don't even get me started on how Salem is supposed to be a major city, but everyone and everything is within a 2 minute walk of Horton Town Square...

One of my favorite topics of discussion about Another World was how many people lived in the ever-expanding Snyder farmhouse.  There must have been ten people living there at one time or another.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Is it bothering anybody else that Xander is broke?

He did tell Chanel that he used his savings from Titan to pay off some old, very large debts, which is still insane considering what his CEO pay would have been, but an attempt was (slightly) made.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Why is that Ron's fault?  There are at least 13 other writers on The Writing team.  

Head writers lead -- they set the tone.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

One of my favorite topics of discussion about Another World was how many people lived in the ever-expanding Snyder farmhouse.  There must have been ten people living there at one time or another.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

I was worried for Lani and her babies today 

I was actually kind of hoping Kristen would pull a runner when she met up with Lani and her stroller but instead we got Lani giving Kristen loads of sympathy for all of her criminal activities.  

Gabi and Jake make me smile, especially Jake's reminding Gabi that she and Kate were frenemies once upon a time.  We all know Ariana would want her mom visiting her sick grandma's bedside.  I also love Gabi's scenes with Phillip--I hope the show keeps them in each others orbits.

So now Chanel has secret deep feelings for Allie--seriously, Chanel and Tripp can do so much better then one of the dullest Hortons ever created.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Kristin told Lani she did not mean to hurt Kate.  What did Kate just fall into a duffle bag ? I thought she gave up to easily.   Then she reverted to old self when Lani wasn’t around.  Lani needs to get a clue with Kristin.  That is such a one sided friendship. 
  Brady sends Marlena into a dangerous situation.  Phillip was the voice of reason.  
loved when Sami asked how much to just save her.  That’s what you get Lucas.  You and your fat jokes.  

it starting to look like Chanel is not as experienced as she claims. She talks way to much about sexual stuff.  People who talk a lot about sex are usually the ones not having any.  

Edited by tribeca
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I completely forgot why Xander tried to murder Eric, and it was. . . not what I was expecting. Yikes, pal. Not something to say out loud ever again. His and Marlena's little encounter in the monochrome sitting room was pretty cute though.

Shallow Alert: Gabi's tits look great in that dress. 

I am so entertained by Marlena and Brady trying to suss out the whole Stan/tumor situation piece by piece. When you lay it all out like that, it really is amazing the braintrust duo thought Chloe would buy any of it. I honestly love those dummies.

*crocodile tears*  "I didn't mean to hurt Kate!" *also paid a hitman to murder three other people in cold blood*

Shutting up for a few years would go a long way toward me not rolling my eyes at everything you say, Kristen. (This friendship constantly makes Lani look like a fool. It's gotta stop. Maybe they can try to explain it away as Kristen being her latest David-like coping-mechanism-slash-obsession? What am I saying? They don't care.)

Eli and Chanel have a nice sibling-ish vibe, even with her giving him a looksie. I enjoyed their interactions quite a bit. 

If I can only get Gabi and Philip as friends, I'll absolutely take it, because they both really need friends, but still. What could have been. *sigh*

• Love 7

Does anybody not in a soap opera ever really run around after a shower, just wearing a towel?

Why is Chanel telling this story to Eli when he clearly has no interest in the story, let alone in her.

I'm loving Lumi's reactions while trying to convince Xander not to kill them.

Ooh, they finally went there with the speculations about the  Lani and Kristen relationship.

Why is she threatening Chloe, but not Sarah?

• Love 5

Pros:

• Sami and Lucas arguing over who is worth more to kill (and Sami doing some quick math with new offer of $10 million)
  • Gabi and Jake having a mature conversation about where they stand
  • Eli just not giving ANY f*cks about Chanel's story

But the highlight had to be Chanel dropping the "nun friends in the convent" bit. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Is it bothering anybody else that Xander is broke? I mean he was CEO of Titan for at least 18 months (the time jump year, then six months we saw until Brady took over in his lame attempt to tank the company). During that time he lived rent free at Victor's house. Unless Titan pays minimum wage he should have saved a ton of money. He offered to buy Sarah a car last year when he was between Titan gigs too, so he had cash in the bank then. I can't believe 3 months in that shitty hotel room would wipe out 2 years of Titan income

Right. And the show had Sarah mention multiple x he was making major money so the fact characters keep screaming his broke makes zero sense. 

i guess it's too much to expect Ron to remember his own writing past a month ago or use basic intelligence 

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, tribeca said:

What did Kate just fall into a duffel bag ?

For some reason, this strikes me as hilarious: "Oh, Kate -- you madcap minx!"

I wish the show were more of a screwball comedy. I mean, intentionally.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Sandman said:

For some reason, this strikes me as hilarious: "Oh, Kate -- you madcap minx!"

I wish the show were more of a screwball comedy. I mean, intentionally.

I agree with this which is probably why the April Fools episode was the best one of the year because it was an intentional screwball comedy. Unlike how the show normally is a screwball comedy pretending to be a soap.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I'm trying to respond to everyone here:

I think you mean ATWT for Snyder Farmhouse

That would be a nice twist with Chanel in that she's not really all that experienced as she pretends to be.

In RL I think if one lives alone I could see the towel otherwise no.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I was actually kind of hoping Kristen would pull a runner when she met up with Lani and her stroller but instead we got Lani giving Kristen loads of sympathy for all of her criminal activities.  

Gabi and Jake make me smile, especially Jake's reminding Gabi that she and Kate were frenemies once upon a time.  We all know Ariana would want her mom visiting her sick grandma's bedside.  I also love Gabi's scenes with Phillip--I hope the show keeps them in each others orbits.

So now Chanel has secret deep feelings for Allie--seriously, Chanel and Tripp can do so much better then one of the dullest Hortons ever created.

I agree Allie is meh I don't know if its the actress or the character at this point. I mean I don't see the wild party girl they want me to think she is. I think VK/Ciaracould've pulled that role off better same with ORK/Claire. LA is more of a heroine/ingenue which I wouldn't have minded Allie being the polar opposite of Sami more Marlena like. 

If JJ were still around I could've gone for JJ/Chanel  bring back his bad boy side but the show has no interest in him either. 

• Love 7

Well, we saw that Kristen is going to use Chloe's location as a bargaining tool, which is lame. Agree to Kristen - find Chloe and then lock Kristen up. I wonder if Kristen will even mention Sarah also being her handiwork as additional bargaining material. 

• Love 4