Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Sami, who cares what Nicole is doing going in to Xander's room? She is an adult

She's married to Sami's brother.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

She's married to Sami's brother.

She also hates Nicole. And she's right about that.

you know what Dumbass, I mean, Kristen could have done? Wear a mask and the Governor and given herself a pardon.  I guess that would have not time consuming and as destructive enough for her. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I would prefer Eric being missing and presumed dead instead of the him calling Nicole and backing out on spending any time with her. Being independent is fine but these sort of antics are disrespectful to both him and her.

Agreed.  And I don't believe that Eric would ever abandon Nicole and her daughter, so this phone call nonsense just doesn't work for me.  

Many thanks to whoever wrote today's script.  I laughed so much.  

I loved Nicole having a self-aware conversation about how she knew she had no right to be jealous about Rafe and Ava but it was happening to her, regardless.  Not a big fan of her having sexy-times with Xander, because it was so evident that she hated him previously, but I'm fine with her ruining her marriage to Eric.  

Alison Sweeney is a Miracle Worker for making me want to actually watch scenes of this ridiculous Kristin storyline, and laughing at them.  Sami's reactions to Kristin were so funny! 

Awhile back, Sami explained that EJ was in a bad place mentally and that their marriage had fallen on rocky times.  I think she might have even said that she wasn't eager to get back to him.  So Kristin's threat of calling him works for me, because in Sami's mind she isn't sure how EJ might react to the news of her having sex with Lucas.  It's not about believing in her ability to convince EJ that Kristin might be lying but that there's an element of uncertainty with how EJ will respond, and that Sami sees her marriage as being in a fragile state.  For as sloppy as These Writers can be, I think they did lay a little groundwork for why Kristin's threats might be plausible.  

• Love 8
12 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Not a big fan of her having sexy-times with Xander, because it was so evident that she hated him previously, but I'm fine with her ruining her marriage to Eric.  

Yeah, if they're determined not to recast or just have him presumed dead, I'm fine with her causing it to implode. I'm definitely not a fan of her sleeping with Xander. The scenes were fun and they have chemistry, but I would buy her sleeping with him if I thought she had previously been sexually attracted to him. She fought tooth and nail not to sleep with him when he forced her into marriage, to the point he tried to threaten her to do it with him. But now all it took was her having the sads and getting drunk with him to do it.

Awhile back, Sami explained that EJ was in a bad place mentally and that their marriage had fallen on rocky times.  I think she might have even said that she wasn't eager to get back to him.  So Kristin's threat of calling him works for me, because in Sami's mind she isn't sure how EJ might react to the news of her having sex with Lucas.  It's not about believing in her ability to convince EJ that Kristin might be lying but that there's an element of uncertainty with how EJ will respond, and that Sami sees her marriage as being in a fragile state.  For as sloppy as These Writers can be, I think they did lay a little groundwork for why Kristin's threats might be plausible.  

Plus, given that the person she slept with is Lucas, and given those three's history, even if he didn't outright believe Kristen, he might not be able to dismiss it entirely, and that could mess with her marriage.

• Love 6

Agreed.  And I don't believe that Eric would ever abandon Nicole and her daughter, so this phone call nonsense just doesn't work for me.  

Maybe someone put on an Eric mask before making the call and Eric is dehydrating/starving with Sarah.

• LOL 13
18 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Kristen. 
Needs. 
To. 
Die. 
Now. 

Im so sick of her, “I’m going to call EJ” threats. Just let her. Christ. 
It took me longer than some, but I’m so over her. 

Seriously, how many days has this idiot been on?  It feels like she's been in every episode for at least the past two weeks as either Kristen or Susan and it needs to stop.

I don't care how rushed it seems, I'm loving my Jake and Gabi scenes--he was very sweet with her today and I'm glad the show has stepped back from Gabi's over the top villain moments.

• Love 13
(edited)

I loved today for the most part.  (Boo, Kristen and her ability to teleport.)  Loved it!  There was just something about the feeling of today's show that made me feel how I felt watching the show in the late 80s/early 90s.  I'm not saying it's as good but again, there was just something about the vibe of today's show that worked for me on that level.

I like Sarah a lot.  I even kind of like Sarah and Xander.  But I knew they'd never be OTP for me where it'd be impossible for me to imagine them with someone else probably because of the baby lie.  Chanel was a nice diversion but Xander and Nicole today made sense to me today in ways that Xarah never did.  They just clicked.

I didn't see Xander and Nicole Part I so my perspective is probably off with them but based on today's show, I'm a supporter.  They have chemistry. They look good together. Xander defending Nicole and trashing Eric was really well done.  Xander pointing out that she ached to be with someone she didn't have to be "better" for made me sigh.  Xander lamenting that they both got pulled into being with "better" people and got screwed over felt like surprisingly excellent character-based writing and introspection for a 2021 DOOL episode.  It was almost romantic even if there is no love.

2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I'm loving my Jake and Gabi scenes

Yeah me too.  I love BB and CB's chemistry.  I liked them together when he was Stefan and they work together with him as Jake too--although I wouldn't mind if he's really Stefan either. 

But they were swoonworthy for me today.  I liked the dialogue.  I loved that he hugged her before he told her he loved her.  It was well acted.  

I was a bit distracted by Gabi's boobs hanging out of her bra.  If Jake can wear a shirt, she should be able to as well.  And Kate busting in on them at the end was nicely soapy.  I look forward to the hell she's going to give them even if I root for them as a couple. 

And then Brady gets out what he knows about Kristen to John.  I wonder whether or not Kristen's secret is really out or if everyone is going to assume Brady is confused.  Lucas looking for Sami and Kate was given just enough screen time.  Rafe too.  They were on just long enough to do what they needed to do but not overly long.

And I like Chloe being smart and sharing the weird stuff that was happening with Marlena.  It's a nice contrast to things like Rex not leaving with Sarah yet not telling everyone so people just assume that's where she is. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 11

Sami got drugged by Kristin and locked away, but her immediate concern is Nicole.

Why doesn't anybody who has been locked away in those dungeons come back and remove the doors?

I laughed when Jake patted Gabi's back to have her turn around.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

It's a nice contrast to things like Rex not leaving with Sarah yet not telling everyone so people just assume that's where she is. 

The whole thing with Sarah and Rex leaving Salem with people assuming they left together REALLY irks me.

Are we supposed to assume that *not a single family member* would call/video them just to see how they're doing and casually mention, "so how's Rex/Sarah" doing?  That would unravel everyone's assumption that Sarah is with Rex.  Writers just assume the audience is stupid/has no common sense.  (It would be a different thing if both Sarah and Rex are hated by all their family members, thus ensuring no one would ever contact them, thereby keeping Kristen's plot intact).

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

The whole thing with Sarah and Rex leaving Salem with people assuming they left together REALLY irks me.

Are we supposed to assume that *not a single family member* would call/video them just to see how they're doing and casually mention, "so how's Rex/Sarah" doing?  That would unravel everyone's assumption that Sarah is with Rex.  Writers just assume the audience is stupid/has no common sense.  (It would be a different thing if both Sarah and Rex are hated by all their family members, thus ensuring no one would ever contact them, thereby keeping Kristen's plot intact).

I can fanwank that Rex might be too embarrassed to reveal that "Sarah" left him.  But that still doesn't explain how no one seems to be concerned about not hearing from Sarah.

• Love 6

Maybe, at this point, it's supposed to be intentionally funny but it defies logic that - especially with this miraculous 24 hour entire home renovation - that not one person who lives in the DiMera house (and has most likely at one point been kidnapped) has insisted that they put cameras down there or have some kind of security check the area every 24 hours.

I think it was CanaryFan who said it, but Jake and Gabby's only saving grace is the actors have chemistry, but for me it's not enough to save the atrocious writing. I guess today was supposed to be romantic and schmoopy, but just like with Gabby/Stefan there is such a stupid whiplash pace to it. When Jake talked about how much he loved Gabby's smile, I wondered how many times he'd even seen it. Before she left, the brief time they were involved, half the time she was stalking him because she thought he was her dead husband - his twin - and the other half of the time they were arguing. And was Gabby's line about how Stefan wasn't here, but Jake was - that supposed to be romantic? If I was Jake, I would think she was just picking me because my dead twin brother wasn't available, but I had his face so good enough. Despite the dialogue today, I have no real idea what he sees in her and (as much as I generally hate her) even more, I don't understand what she sees/loves about him - other than that Stefan isn't here, and he is.

Shut up, Xander. Of course a delinquent like him would whine about a significant other wanting them to be better. I don't think someone wanting their partner to not lie to their face constantly and not do things like switch babies is making too high of a demand. And, neither Sarah or Eric has tied Nicole or Xander in chains. If they want to be horrible people, then don't be with people with higher standards.

• Love 5

Can we just take a moment to inquire how great the sex with Jake must be for Gabi to fall in love with him after one time? Because that's the backstory to this ridiculous set up. They slept together once and then she had to take off to Mexico. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

Maybe someone put on an Eric mask before making the call and Eric is dehydrating/starving with Sarah.

If Eric/Sarah were to ever return(regardless of the actors that play them) I could see the scenario that Kristen stashed both of them on the same island.. for reasons.

They can compare who had the worse exit on this show.

I thought the Xander/Nicole scenes were good up until they brought up Rafe. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Maybe, at this point, it's supposed to be intentionally funny but it defies logic that - especially with this miraculous 24 hour entire home renovation - that not one person who lives in the DiMera house (and has most likely at one point been kidnapped) has insisted that they put cameras down there or have some kind of security check the area every 24 hours.

I think it was CanaryFan who said it, but Jake and Gabby's only saving grace is the actors have chemistry, but for me it's not enough to save the atrocious writing. I guess today was supposed to be romantic and schmoopy, but just like with Gabby/Stefan there is such a stupid whiplash pace to it. When Jake talked about how much he loved Gabby's smile, I wondered how many times he'd even seen it. Before she left, the brief time they were involved, half the time she was stalking him because she thought he was her dead husband - his twin - and the other half of the time they were arguing. And was Gabby's line about how Stefan wasn't here, but Jake was - that supposed to be romantic? If I was Jake, I would think she was just picking me because my dead twin brother wasn't available, but I had his face so good enough. Despite the dialogue today, I have no real idea what he sees in her and (as much as I generally hate her) even more, I don't understand what she sees/loves about him - other than that Stefan isn't here, and he is.

Shut up, Xander. Of course a delinquent like him would whine about a significant other wanting them to be better. I don't think someone wanting their partner to not lie to their face constantly and not do things like switch babies is making too high of a demand. And, neither Sarah or Eric has tied Nicole or Xander in chains. If they want to be horrible people, then don't be with people with higher standards.

I did say it and I agree its not enough to save them but its all they have going for them because its not the writing.  I can watch Jake/Gabi but I have no real attachment to them(like most of this show). They are far low on the list of things about this show I find terrible tbh.

As for Xander/Nicole you pointed out why I could never go for the bad girl/good guy dynamic in pairings. The good guy knows who he's dealing with but acts all shocked when bad girl does bad things. So I don't feel bad for Eric when Nicole hurts him because well he knew who he was dealing with and all the terrible things she's done. He can't act all surprised and hurt when she does it to him. Especially since he's lived through it before and had other options in the good girl department but didn't want them more than Nicole( Greta, Serena, Sarah, even Jennifer).

Xarah was a bit different Sarah had no illusions about Xander and even said as much. Even though she wanted him to be better she at least made him aware of the consequences of his actions and let him know how he could be better and use it to his advantage. If anything I think Sarah shouldn't have forgiven Xander so easily for the baby switch. In fact her exit should've been she couldn't get past what he did and if they were to bring her back they could reveal she was pregnant with his child and kept it from him(also kind of karmic for Xander given his baby lie)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I did say it and I agree its not enough to save them but its all they have going for them because its not the writing.  I can watch Jake/Gabi but I have no real attachment to them(like most of this show). They are far low on the list of things about this show I find terrible tbh.

As for Xander/Nicole you pointed out why I could never go for the bad girl/good guy dynamic in pairings. The good guy knows who he's dealing with but acts all shocked when bad girl does bad things. So I don't feel bad for Eric when Nicole hurts him because well he knew who he was dealing with and all the terrible things she's done. He can't act all surprised and hurt when she does it to him. Especially since he's lived through it before and had other options in the good girl department but didn't want them more than Nicole( Greta, Serena, Sarah, even Jennifer).

Xarah was a bit different Sarah had no illusions about Xander and even said as much. Even though she wanted him to be better she at least made him aware of the consequences of his actions and let him know how he could be better and use it to his advantage. If anything I think Sarah shouldn't have forgiven Xander so easily for the baby switch. In fact her exit should've been she couldn't get past what he did and if they were to bring her back they could reveal she was pregnant with his child and kept it from him(also kind of karmic for Xander given his baby lie)

Probably because of the chemistry, Gabby/Jake aren't my least favorite thing about this show (Kristen and Ben take that by a country mile) but I'd still rather they not be together and not have the show try to sell this as some epic love.

I disagree about Eric not getting to be hurt. Should be be surprised? No. But hurt? Yes. It's a little harder this time because, even though I think it's out of character, Eric is partially to blame here for not coming back home but if Nicole couldn't handle him being away she should have divorced him, instead of literally sleeping with the first guy she sat next to. You sometimes can't help who you fall in love with. Eric wanting Nicole over other good girls doesn't mean he deserves to get hurt when Nicole convinced him she had changed.

I also disagree about Sarah having no illusions about Xander. I think she told both Chloe and Bonnie that Xander had really changed. Given what Xander said today, I don't think he ever really changed and was only holding back the side of him he knew Sarah wouldn't like. I think even if "Sarah" hadn't broken up with him, they wouldn't have lasted for long because Xander wouldn't have been able to hold back his instincts for long. I do agree a better exit for Sarah would have been her revealing she couldn't get over the baby switch. She definitely forgave him waaaay too quickly.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Why doesn't anybody who has been locked away in those dungeons come back and remove the doors?

Somebody should at least be doing a daily sweep. They're bound to find someone locked up in there.

1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

The police should put it on their beat!

• LOL 8
  • Love 10

I think Jake's an asshole and he's been that since day one. Not sure why so many women were throwing themselves at him and not sure why he has such a fan base. 

Chad also is a dick 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

I think Jake's an asshole and he's been that since day one. Not sure why so many women were throwing themselves at him and not sure why he has such a fan base. 

Chad also is a dick 

Its not really Jake as much as it is Brandon Barash he's the only thing that makes Jake somewhat viable. The writing etc hasn't done him any favors.  A charismatic actor can work wonders(to a point). 

Honestly I wish Stefano stopped procreating after EJ. There's no point to Chad/Jake/Stefan as retcon Dimeras. Althought with Chad we saw Stefano have a connection to him as opposed to Jake/Stefan.

I used to like Chad at one point but they could've made him Stefano's grandson instead of son. Tony, Peter, Andre etc could've had a child.... I never understood why EJ and Chad are the only Dimeras allowed to procreate(except Lexie had her miracle baby in Theo)

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Probably because of the chemistry, Gabby/Jake aren't my least favorite thing about this show (Kristen and Ben take that by a country mile) but I'd still rather they not be together and not have the show try to sell this as some epic love.

I disagree about Eric not getting to be hurt. Should be be surprised? No. But hurt? Yes. It's a little harder this time because, even though I think it's out of character, Eric is partially to blame here for not coming back home but if Nicole couldn't handle him being away she should have divorced him, instead of literally sleeping with the first guy she sat next to. You sometimes can't help who you fall in love with. Eric wanting Nicole over other good girls doesn't mean he deserves to get hurt when Nicole convinced him she had changed.

I also disagree about Sarah having no illusions about Xander. I think she told both Chloe and Bonnie that Xander had really changed. Given what Xander said today, I don't think he ever really changed and was only holding back the side of him he knew Sarah wouldn't like. I think even if "Sarah" hadn't broken up with him, they wouldn't have lasted for long because Xander wouldn't have been able to hold back his instincts for long. I do agree a better exit for Sarah would have been her revealing she couldn't get over the baby switch. She definitely forgave him waaaay too quickly.

For me its that with Eric/Nicole I never saw them as a great love story(same with Xander/Sarah but the show/fans never tried to sell it as such compared to Ericole). They spent more time apart than together there was a whole decade where she never gave Eric a second thought as she was bouncing between Brady/EJ(both pairings I preferred over Ericole) and she got to be her snarky self without stifling herself as much as she has with Eric. She dumped Eric for $5 million to marry Lucas, she dumped Eric for Daniel, and could never really trust him with the truth when it mattered. She also kidnapped Eric's niece Sydney and almost had Marlena killed.  I like Nicole but I question what Eric sees in her beyond the physical attraction. The reason why I don't pity Eric is because he claims to want the good girl but he never chooses them over Nicole. So when Nicole burns him I don't really feel bad because he had a chance to be with someone who wouldn't do this to him and he opted for pain instead.

I wouldn't blame Eric for divorcing her over this because of this being Xander of all people after all he did to them.

I liked Xarah thought they had chemistry but they shouldn't have been a long term thing. However I found them a lot more watchable in comparison because Sarah knows Xander isn't a saint and doesn't see him that way. Eric has this idyllic view of Nicole until she betrays him then the insults and true feelings come out. Sarah doesn't really have an idyllic view of Xander but she hopes for the best. 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I didn't see Xander and Nicole Part I so my perspective is probably off with them

I did see (some of) it and I'm still rooting for them, someone please help me, lol. I get so easily blinded by good chemistry and an "us against the world" speech! Alright, I'm embracing it. Shame does not exist in this dojo. 

I'm hopelessly team Gabi/Philip but I guess Gabi/Jake was. . . nice today? Just as a microcosm of two people talking after sex?

The *noise* I made when Kristen walloped Lucas out of nowhere! Oh how I laughed. It's so dumb, this story needs to be over, but there are hilarious bits in it everyday, and I'll enjoy the sum of the parts while the whole continues to rot.

I feel like for at least the past two weeks the pace has been off the charts. Things keep happening! So many things! I love it. I'm having a blast with my stories again. It can't continue, can it? No. It's unsustainable, right?

Edited by nollf
  • Love 9
(edited)

Sami is not in a position really to attack Nicole for cheating. 

Good for John for finally shutting up "Susan".

Edited by Artsda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Sorry to the Nicole/Xander peeps here, but...I REALLY hope Sarah comes back for him. I...just don't give a shit about Nicole, I guess. She tries to be "good", screws up, wash, rinse, repeat.

But I admittedly like the "romance" of soaps and always went for the "X makes Y better" trope, so there's that.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

But I admittedly like the "romance" of soaps and always went for the "X makes Y better" trope, so there's that.

I do too.  Except when I like baddies gettin' together. As with everything, it depends.

• Love 3

John and Marlena should be very suspicious of 'Susan' as she has been off the rails for a while and is a houseguest who has way overstayed her welcome. Marlena should be concerned about her weird behaviour and her strange obsession for Brady Black. Being a friend is one thing - she goes out of her way to hover over him. So many red flags. Good for John for telling her to go away and not be there when he gets back as she is not 'family'.

Sami should be focusing on her own problems instead of that 'tramp' Nicole. It bothers me when women call each other tramps, sluts, and whores. Got that a bit from coworkers over the years and is was a WTF moment - it is more about them than me and I found it beyond offensive. Sami also cheated on EJ with Lucas. She is in no position. When she does get out of the wine cellar, she should ask Harold to put in a lock on the inside and have a key ready for anyone else who ends up in the cellar.

I liked Xander and Nicole. He did tell her some nice truths about herself and how she manages to have a job, have a husband who is away indefinitely, raises her daughter, and also takes care of her husband's niece and her baby. Do I judge her? What she did may be 'wrong' but she is human, she is hurting, she is lonely, her new husband has zero interest in spending time with her, won't visit, won't let her visit him. She should have filed for divorce after Christmas (after he didn't show up) instead of hanging on to a man who married her, has the excuse to maybe not get involved with anyone else because he is 'married'. He may also be having some sort of affair with someone he works with. Who knows?  He appears to put her and their life together - last. Xander is right in that they both won't change. She can always explain to Rafe that she got drunk and instead of going home, stayed at the Salem Inn. Not his business.

Gabi, please put a shirt or something on. I didn't like looking at your chest almost falling out of your bra. Jake came across as very charming - the actor did a great deal with what he was given and it was the actor I was watching and not the character. Too bad that Kate had to find her way home and find them together.

Chloe, thanks for mentioning Sami and Stan and Lucas and the weird shenanigans going on. And John, do listen to Brady. Now both Lucas and Sami will be missing. Ah, the gossip!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Sami is not in a position really to attack Nicole for cheating. 

I am certain if Sami tells Eric what happened between Nicole and Xander (I wish she gave him a big I TOLD YOU SO), Nicole will find out what Sami did with Lucas and spill the beans to EJ.

I never had much use for Ericole. While I can believe that Eric thinks Nicole is the love of his life and said that only to her, Nicole had spouted words to that effect to not only him but EJ, Brady and Daniel.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, RunningMarket said:

Can we just take a moment to inquire how great the sex with Jake must be for Gabi to fall in love with him after one time? Because that's the backstory to this ridiculous set up. They slept together once and then she had to take off to Mexico. 

Is this not the the same backstory they used for an excuse for her to fall in love with Stefan and still hate Abby for something Stefan was clearly far more responsible for?

Sorry, Ron. Still not rooting for Gabi, who clearly does not understand mental illness, though I’m sure she will if anyone she gives a crap about turns up a mental illness.

And Claire had every right to call the cops on scam artist Chanel. Doesn’t matter that idiot doesn’t mind. I wonder how many Chanel has actual swindled and I hope they can get their money back.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

I am certain if Sami tells Eric what happened between Nicole and Xander (I wish she gave him a big I TOLD YOU SO), Nicole will find out what Sami did with Lucas and spill the beans to EJ.

I never had much use for Ericole. While I can believe that Eric thinks Nicole is the love of his life and said that only to her, Nicole had spouted words to that effect to not only him but EJ, Brady and Daniel.

Same here. I think that Eric would work better with a traditional soap heroine but the show has never cared about Eric to invest in giving him character development and a proper love interest. Putting him back with Nicole is just lazy. I did enjoy them in their original run but that ship has sailed.. Had Eric been recast after Jensen's Eric left and build from there. Perhaps Nicole and Eric could have had a legitimate shot in my opinion.

Nicole works better with bad boys in my opinion.  She needs a man who will accept her as she is flaws and all.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Katy M said:

It's funny that you say that, because during today's episode I was trying to imagine a way Those Writers could hand wave all of this away by saying someone has been wearing an Eric Mask in Africa, and he hasn't made any of those calls.  I'm not sure it's a good thing that I've turned to masks to explain away storyline issues.  

8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

There was just something about the feeling of today's show that made me feel how I felt watching the show in the late 80s/early 90s. 

I had the same feeling.  Mostly during the Jake/Gabi scenes, and I don't even like them that much.  Whoever wrote today's script had some sense of the "good old days".  

6 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Given what Xander said today, I don't think he ever really changed and was only holding back the side of him he knew Sarah wouldn't like.

Yes, my main problem with Xander/Sarah was that she basically emotionally blackmailed him into being the man she wanted, and he was so in lurve with her that he just went with it.  And rather than explore that, Show just played them as some kooky-cutesy couple.  

3 hours ago, nollf said:

It's so dumb, this story needs to be over, but there are hilarious bits in it everyday, and I'll enjoy the sum of the parts while the whole continues to rot.

There's definitely a comedic element to it.  I hate that Kristen is able to claim victim-after-victim but it also makes me laugh that every time she thinks she has things under control, she has to drag someone else into the wine cellar.  

It was so disappointing that the Plot Points had to make John and Marlena stupid enough to not realize that Susan isn't Susan, especially after Chloe told them Kristen isn't Kristen.  

I still haven't worked out in my mind why Nicole would ever bother sleeping with Xander but I did love their dialogue today.  

I would love for Chloe to beat the shirt out of KruSan tomorrow with that fire poker but I have a feeling she'll end up in Melaswen/The Wine Cellar.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Chad also is a dick 

2 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

This!! Spot on!  
I just do not understand it

And, lmao, Chad IS a dick.

Jake is more of a ..brick. 

Edited by Chellfairy
Text problems
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I loved today for the most part.  (Boo, Kristen and her ability to teleport.)  Loved it!  There was just something about the feeling of today's show that made me feel how I felt watching the show in the late 80s/early 90s.  I'm not saying it's as good but again, there was just something about the vibe of today's show that worked for me on that level.

I agree wholeheartedly.  The mini cliffhangers, rise of tensions, characters getting more pieces of the puzzles and just enough for them to figure out the bigger picture, and villains losing complete control of what was supposed to be a small plan into an epic disaster. It did feel like the best part of the early 90s soaps.

Why was Rafe so rude to Lucas?

I know the Kristen storyline is frustrating to a lot of people, and it's frustrated (and bored) me at times, too. However, I have to say I love the development of it. What was supposed to be Kristen just posing as Susan to get rid of Chloe has evolved into kidnapping Sarah, impacting Rex and Xander, kidnapping Kate, impacting Jake and Gabi, blackmailing Sami, involving a fake brain tumor for Lucas, and now kidnapping Sami and Lucas, and finally, nearly accidentally killing Brady. Worst part for Kristen, all of these schemes reignited Chloe and Brady's feelings for each other.  I love the irony, I love how this has turned into a mini umbrella storyline with actual consequences for other characters and theirs relationships, and I love that John and Marlena are now being looped in. Bravo Ron!

I felt indifferent to Jake/Gabi since it didn't really match their interactions or Gabi's characterization for the last few months, but I did love a broken, beaten, and battered Kate escaping death solely to see them in bed together. Classic soap. (I never realized LK/Kate had arm tattoos before).

I also agreed with a lot of what Xander said to Nicole. While I can't imagine Nicole ever returning to her dead baby lies and burning proof of rape documents of the past, I also do think old habits die hard, and this episode is a prime example. When Nicole feels unsure or insecure, she lashes out. I wouldn't mind a Eric recast because this does have a lot of potential.

I'm looking forward to today's episode.

• Love 13
(edited)
20 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

she dumped Eric for Daniel

She didn't dump Eric for Daniel.  She got with Daniel after Eric learned about her preventing him from rejoining the priesthood and was unable to forgive her.  Later, Eric did forgive her and he wanted Nicole back; but she was already committed to Daniel at that point.

Edited by drtslim
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, nollf said:

It's so dumb, this story needs to be over, but there are hilarious bits in it everyday, and I'll enjoy the sum of the parts while the whole continues to rot.

Me about the show in general lol.

11 hours ago, katie9918 said:

I wonder how many Chanel has actual swindled and I hope they can get their money back.

Probably none since prior to her showing up in Salem she had easy access to money.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Me about the show in general lol.

Probably none since prior to her showing up in Salem she had easy access to money.

Maybe small swindles - like getting a random dude at the bar to buy shooters.

• Love 2

I am LOL at some classic lines today!  Sami & Lucas stuck together in the tunnel, Kate explaining things to Gabi & Jake & Gabi says to Kate "Only YOU could survive all that" & the looks Gabi & Jake have.  Then Rafe confronts Nicole coming out of Salem Inn & noticing she is wearing the same clothes as the day before, he has a small smile as he realizes what she has been up to.  Then Chloe confronting "Susan" who is acting nuttier than ever...its all making me chuckle.

• Love 6
(edited)

This was another pretty good episode.  2 highly enjoyable days in a row for me. 

Kate was cracking me up.  She's drugged.  Woozy.  Too woozy to really care all that much that Jake was in bed with Gabi.  I appreciate a woman who has been around not getting overly worked up about something that started out as a fling.  Then her.

Whose phone is that?  How many people did you kidnap?

Was gold.

Brady is so stupid but I absolutely loved that his parents were allowed to convince him that yes, the police need to be called.  And he listened!

Today, Lucas got to be the swoon worthy one in trying to convince Sami that she deserved better than EJ.  Maybe she doesn't but I loved Sami and Lucas anyway.

Here's something I'm kind of hating about the Kristen story. It has gone on so long.  It was so stupid.  But I hate having to admit that the payoff so far has been pretty amazing as all these stories that masked Kristen touched with her mask are coming together, crashing and then sometimes splitting stories off in new directions.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 15
45 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Fantastic episode. I don't really have much to say really. It just all worked imo and I'm really excited for Monday.

I agree--it was highly entertaining, especially the Sami Lucas stuff. When he said he never tried to kill Sami and she scoffed: that's debatable! Those two are gold.

I don't know how they are going to keep this going. At this point Jake, Gabi, Kate, Sami, Lucas, Chloe, Brady, Marlena, John and now Rafe all know it's Kristen. I just don't get her exit strategy.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, bannana said:

I agree--it was highly entertaining, especially the Sami Lucas stuff. When he said he never tried to kill Sami and she scoffed: that's debatable! Those two are gold.

Sami is right. She was a given a lethal injection and died because Lucas took forever to admit that he killed Franco in defense of his mother, but then took it back when that dying mobster said he killed Franco.

Lucas was also in cahoots with Kate who tried to lure Sami to her death with the Will doll.

Meanwhile, EJ has never tried to kill Sami but she did shoot him in the head.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Nicole works better with bad boys in my opinion.  She needs a man who will accept her as she is flaws and all.  

That's why my favorite Nicole pairing has always been with EJ. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

That's why my favorite Nicole pairing has always been with EJ. 

When I first started with this show EJ and Nicole were together. So much chemistry. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, rcc said:

When I first started with this show EJ and Nicole were together. So much chemistry. 

I always thought it was funny that EJ called Sami Samantha, and he always called Nicole Nicki.

• Love 4
(edited)
52 minutes ago, rcc said:

Same here, I loved them together.  I cried with Nicole when she lost their baby girl.  That was hard to watch,  I cannot watch a mom losing her child.  Ari was just phenomenal in those scenes. It was just cruel for the show to kill off her son a few years later, it was just awful to see Nicole relive that nightmare.  I took a break from the show after that.  I could understand Nicole resenting Sami who gets pregnant with ease.  

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

Meanwhile, EJ has never tried to kill Sami but she did shoot him in the head.

He raped her and then facilitated her rape with that Rafe impersonator. And didn't she shoot him in the head in reaction to some other gross act he committed against her - possibly the Rafe impersonator thing?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8