Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

What an episode to be a Chloe and Chanel fan!

I love when the show remembers what made Chloe such a popular character in the first - even more popular than Belle Black! Chloe was never the innocent ingenue the show tries to write her as, and she was never dumb. Hell, she was the valedictorian. I love how quickly she put the pieces of the scheme together, how she blasted Sami and Lucas, and even her intensity to get to Brady. Also, Nadia B. has always been a great crier, and I loved how effortlessly the tears fell when she saw Brady. Broe I loved you then, and I love you now.

Chanel is easily the best 20 something character this show currently has. The fact that she is a true outsider - not related to anyone in Salem - I think makes it easier for people villainize and come in conflict with her. She is making things happen and her digs at Tripp and Claire are true and hilarious. I'm looking forward to whatever happens with Chanel/Allie and hoping the Chanel/Claire feud can really get interesting. (P.S. Claire a white lady calling the cops on a black woman for a bar tab is not a good look in 2021/2022. The Karen was strong in that one).

I agree with what everyone said about Gabi's attire; however, let me add one thing. Did anyone find it odd that she was dressed in all black with harsh makeup, but she wore a baby/powder blue nail polish. I couldn't help but look at her nails whenever she was in a scene.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Giuseppe said:

I'm always looking forward to [Chanel's] scenes, and I think the actress has brought a much needed spark to the Claire/Allie/Tripp crowd. Kinda excited to see what she gets up to next, as well as what Paulina is planning.

THIS! Chanel's energy is electrifying and she has breathed such life into a rather dull 20-something set.

4 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Yes! There was no surprise there, she leaned in as if it was natural for her. Bad acting or bad writing? 

I think it was just them trying to go for a shock factor and set up a little cliffhanger. It's really too bad they immediately went all 'I'm super straight!' with Allie.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

THIS! Chanel's energy is electrifying and she has breathed such life into a rather dull 20-something set.

I thought that I was the only one who likes Chanel.. I am loving that she has not been put in a box.  I hate to give Ron a compliment since he is a hack but he is writing her well for now.

• Love 7

How is Allie affording to pay Chanel and hers tab? So she intends to be the spoiled brat party girl? Not sure what Tripp would see in that, they should do Tripp/Claire again.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Bad acting or bad writing? 

I would say bad directing, but the directing in general has been really, really (surprisingly) good for so much of the show lately that I have to think it was in the writing. Which gives me hope that there just might be more to this triangle after all. Time to wait and see.

(Lucy keeps putting that football out there for me and I keep going for the kick. Will I ever learn? No. I will not.)

On paper, the idea of creating a new rivalry in the younger set between Chanel and Claire is very fun and good. The execution has been, I'll say, green. Inexperience in the medium (fast takes, few takes, so many pages) exposes a lot.

That said, Chanel's Cheshire smile while Claire was freaking out made me very happy. PW knows how to make her expression pop. I think she's got *it*.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Yes! There was no surprise there, she leaned in as if it was natural for her. Bad acting or bad writing? 

I think it's both--it does not help the crappy writing that the actress playing Allie isn't very talented.

Man alive, I do like the Phillip/Gabi scenes--how funny was Gabi's face when she pulled out the Barbie size designer clothes--but I'm still enjoying the Gabi/Jake scenes, especially when he poured out his heart to her.  I wouldn't mind a Phillip/Gabi/Jake triangle, especially if it was done right.

Don't care one iota about Brady or Chloe or watching Kristen come unglued because of their schmoopy dumbasseness.  It is the opposite of entertaining.  I do however appreciate the years of history between Sami and Lucas and the actors play well off of each other.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

What an episode to be a Chloe and Chanel fan!

I love when the show remembers what made Chloe such a popular character in the first - even more popular than Belle Black! Chloe was never the innocent ingenue the show tries to write her as, and she was never dumb. Hell, she was the valedictorian. I love how quickly she put the pieces of the scheme together, how she blasted Sami and Lucas, and even her intensity to get to Brady. Also, Nadia B. has always been a great crier, and I loved how effortlessly the tears fell when she saw Brady. Broe I loved you then, and I love you now.

Chanel is easily the best 20 something character this show currently has. The fact that she is a true outsider - not related to anyone in Salem - I think makes it easier for people villainize and come in conflict with her. She is making things happen and her digs at Tripp and Claire are true and hilarious. I'm looking forward to whatever happens with Chanel/Allie and hoping the Chanel/Claire feud can really get interesting. (P.S. Claire a white lady calling the cops on a black woman for a bar tab is not a good look in 2021/2022. The Karen was strong in that one).

I agree with what everyone said about Gabi's attire; however, let me add one thing. Did anyone find it odd that she was dressed in all black with harsh makeup, but she wore a baby/powder blue nail polish. I couldn't help but look at her nails whenever she was in a scene.

She had every right to call the cops on someone who was trying to scam her. It’s not a black or white thing. Not “Karen” at all. 

6 hours ago, Pearson80 said:
Edited by chediavolo
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Don't care one iota about Brady or Chloe or watching Kristen come unglued because of their schmoopy dumbasseness.  It is the opposite of entertaining.  I do however appreciate the years of history between Sami and Lucas and the actors play well off of each other.

My post is the reverse: I care about Brady/Chloe. Lucas/Sami can drop into the nether for all I care. So, something for everyone! (I actually like Lucas and think he as a character gets a raw deal. Sami, on the other hand? I think catering to her above the rest of Doc's kids did her no favors, and I am burned out on her for a lifetime. Mileage and all that!)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

She had every right to call the cops on someone who was trying to scam her. It’s not a black or white thing. Not “Karen” at all. 

In this regard, that is a matter between Allie and Chanel, the two people having the drinks. If Allie had no qualms with the situation, Claire can sit her "Karen" self down.

• Love 6

Jake's saving grace is that he's played by Brandon Barash the character is a tool in general tbh.

Jake/Gabi's saving grace is that the actors have chemistry too bad that's all they have to go on because the writing is not there.

I like Brady/Chloe scenes but I wish they didn't just slap them together like this I was hoping for more of a buildup(but that's too much to ask on this show)

I also think Chanel is a standout but I don't know what the show is going to do with her. I guess have her be a troublemaker which is fine but I feel like the character is written as filler with no real substance.

• Love 8

Claire had no standing to call the cops when it came to Allie.  She didn't even have standing when it came to the drinks she and Tripp shared with Chanel.

Trying to stick a companion with more than their fair share of the bill isn't a criminal act.  If it were, that's all the cops would be dealing with. It's a pretty common dining out human experience to be stuck paying more because someone else was a cheapskate. 

If the bill didn't get paid, the restaurant would have standing to call the cops but not Claire.  And they'd likely all be on the hook.

56 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I know Nicole should hate Xander, but honestly, there is chemistry there.  

There definitely is.  I'm intrigued.   The "I have a minibar in my hotel room " is starting to sound like a line though.

• Love 6

Ava's dress was a little much for a first date. And why didn't Rafe give her the comfortable padded chair and he sits in the regular chair? Not like Julie's place is a fancy place. Well, compared to the pub, it is.

Jake and Gabi do have chemistry but they still need some better writing. Her boots looked pretty cheap as she was sliding out of them. Thought they'd be a bit better in quality. How could the business folks in China use the metric system for measurement instead of Gabichic's US measurement system. Surely a prototype would be made and they would realize that they made doll clothes. And yeah, people will buy the doll clothes.

Why would Kate run by Lucas and visit..... Brady? Sami and Lucas did get it right. Chloe should also have been figuring it out. Kate DiMera may care about 1% about Brady Black. And Chloe, let Brady talk and tell you that Susan Banks is Kristen DiMera.

Eric, stop being this gross to your wife. You expect her to put up with your being some saviour to the folks in the Congo or wherever you are? How would you feel if you kept cancelling your plans to return home for a visit?  It is getting old. You can't meet Nicole for two weeks in London? You are not that important. Let the poor folks solve their own problems for a few weeks while you spend time with your new wife. No woman in her right mind would put up with your actions.

Nice of Xander to have a stocked mini bar in his room. Sami, it's none of your business why Nicole is with Xander. Same as you and Lucas. Maybe she knows he's blitzed and is taking him to his hotel room before he passes out or vomits.

And now Kristen is diguised as a doctor. How long will this nonsense go on?

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

And now Kristen is diguised as a doctor.

And what a piss poor “disguise” that is!  SH/Kristen has distinctive eyes, which are on full display even with the mask. 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

She actually is related to someone in Salem - Lani. And, it's subjective of course, if her digs at Tripp or Claire were hilarious, but they weren't true. Tripp is not a cheap skate because he didn't want to pony up $500 dollars for something she said she would pay for. Chanel is just a spoiled, brat who can't admit she was in the wrong and offer up a simple apology.

And, Claire is not a Karen. Do I think Claire is ridiculously upset with what Chanel did, sure, but this has nothing to do with race. Claire actually liked Chanel and was having a good time with her until she tried to run out on the check. Her anger wasn't "how dare that black woman try to stick me with her check" but "how dare that bitch try and stick me with her check." I only watched the scenes once yesterday, so I could be wrong, but wasn't Chanel the first person to bring up the cops? She challenged Claire to call the cops and Claire said she would if Chanel was trying to scam Allie.

Like I said, Claire needs to let this go, but Chanel isn't much better because she simply can't admit that, yes, she was trying to scam people, and no, it's not cool just because her mother happened to walk by and take care of the check. She doesn't get to screw people over and then get pissed that they actually get mad about it.

I don't like Chanel yet. She's had a few funny moments, mainly with Xander (which is astounding to me given how much I loathe Xander) but, I hate to admit it, but I loathe her voice. That, and a lot of her line readings, make about 90% of her lines sound insincere. I know a lot of people liked her scenes with Allie, but even when she was expressing sympathy for Allie's rape, I didn't buy it because she delivers all of her lines in almost the exact same way and her facial expressions don't vary much either.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

It seemed like Kristen had a plan that involved her taking off the Kate mask and putting the doctor/nurse's mask on but whether that will actually make sense in the next episode is another story.  

At least Sami got to be smart enough to figure out Kristen's mask shenanigans in the storyline that seems like it will never end.  

I was really hoping that Nicole would show up and ruin Rafe and Ava's boring date but, OK, she's getting into trouble with Xander.  Anything to make these silly phone calls from Eric go away would be nice.  Whatever Happened to A Plane Crash???  

baby jane.jpg

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I would prefer Eric being missing and presumed dead instead of the him calling Nicole and backing out on spending any time with her. Being independent is fine but these sort of antics are disrespectful to both him and her. Why marry her when he would prefer to be a savior? File for an annulment or whatever. It is not fair to Nicole to be strung along hoping that her husband actually care about her.

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

And, Claire is not a Karen. Do I think Claire is ridiculously upset with what Chanel did, sure, but this has nothing to do with race. Claire actually liked Chanel and was having a good time with her until she tried to run out on the check. Her anger wasn't "how dare that black woman try to stick me with her check" but "how dare that bitch try and stick me with her check."

"Karens" can have black friends and enjoy the company of people of color.  They likely consider themselves allies and will post that on social media.  What turns them into the stereotypical "Karen" is that the minute they feel disagreed with or slighted by a person of color, they have an outsized reaction to that slight and take it the nth level in a way it'd be hard to imagine them doing if the person were white.  It's not always a conscious choice. 

I think that describes Claire's reaction here. Sure Chanel is spoiled.  And immature.  We're supposed to see her that way. I'm not sure how we're supposed to be seeing Claire. Her reaction to Chanel's rather minor crime is ridiculously extreme. I get not liking Chanel but she's constantly confrontational.  She keeps attacking even when Paulina is taking care of the bill issue and Allie is calling Chanel her friend.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I would prefer Eric being missing and presumed dead instead of the him calling Nicole and backing out on spending any time with her. Being independent is fine but these sort of antics are disrespectful to both him and her. Why marry her when he would prefer to be a savior? File for an annulment or whatever. It is not fair to Nicole to be strung along hoping that her husband actually care about her.

In fairness, Nicole was the one who pushed Eric to do this in the first place. When he was first offered the job he didn't want to leave her. It's certainly not fair to Nicole that he keeps backing out of visits, but it's not like Nicole can't visit. And, if Nicole is that unhappy she can either give Eric an ultimatum to come home or file for divorce herself.

54 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

"Karens" can have black friends and enjoy the company of people of color.  They likely consider themselves allies and will post that on social media.  What turns them into the stereotypical "Karen" is that the minute they feel disagreed with or slighted by a person of color, they have an outsized reaction to that slight and take it the nth level in a way it'd be hard to imagine them doing if the person were white.  It's not always a conscious choice. 

I think that describes Claire's reaction here. Sure Chanel is spoiled.  And immature.  We're supposed to see her that way. I'm not sure how we're supposed to be seeing Claire. Her reaction to Chanel's rather minor crime is ridiculously extreme. I get not liking Chanel but she's constantly confrontational.  She keeps attacking even when Paulina is taking care of the bill issue and Allie is calling Chanel her friend.

I still disagree. Most of the Karen situations I've seen are people either overreacting to something that wasn't a slight at all - like calling the cops because a minority is walking behind them - or making stuff up. While Claire is overreacting a tad, what Chanel did wasn't exactly minor. I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty ticked at someone trying to stiff me out of $500 dollars - no matter what their race was. Chanel wasn't innocent here. I would agree that Claire was a Karen, if there was any indication her being pissed had anything to do with Chanel's race, but there hasn't been. Chanel doesn't get a pass on doing something shitty because she's a minority and Claire's white. And given Claire became obsessively jealous of her white cousin Ciara and tried to burn her alive twice, I think she is an equal opportunity hater. Plus, Claire never called the cops on her. The first time, I think Eli just happened to be walking by and this time - like I said - I think Chanel was the first one to bring up calling the cops. I think Claire will probably continue to dislike Chanel, not because of what she did (or because she's Black) but how she behaved after. Chanel can't even admit that she did something wrong and offer up a sincere apology. I think if she did that, and Claire continued to dislike her, I would consider that stupid.

Edited by FilmTVGeek80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Just when I think I'm over Drunk Xander, they give me the floppy hair and the namaste hands, and they pull me back in. 

I remember him saying his mum had a problem with alcohol when he was a kid, which means this story could definitely go deeper and peel back some layers. It won't. But it could.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Jake's saving grace is that he's played by Brandon Barash the character is a tool in general tbh.

Jake/Gabi's saving grace is that the actors have chemistry too bad that's all they have to go on because the writing is not there.

This is why I hate it so much. Jake's just so boring and narratively Gabi/Jake are even more boring. I agree Brandon and Camila have chemistry, but they could have just brought Stefan back if they wanted to recapture that dynamic, not sucky-ass Jake.

Instead they wave Phillip/Gabi in front of my nose, with all their sparky sexiness and then go "JK, LOL". HOW VERY DARE.

You'd think I'd have learned after 25 years of watching this show...

• Love 8
5 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

She actually is related to someone in Salem - Lani. And, it's subjective of course, if her digs at Tripp or Claire were hilarious, but they weren't true. Tripp is not a cheap skate because he didn't want to pony up $500 dollars for something she said she would pay for. Chanel is just a spoiled, brat who can't admit she was in the wrong and offer up a simple apology.

And, Claire is not a Karen. Do I think Claire is ridiculously upset with what Chanel did, sure, but this has nothing to do with race. Claire actually liked Chanel and was having a good time with her until she tried to run out on the check. Her anger wasn't "how dare that black woman try to stick me with her check" but "how dare that bitch try and stick me with her check." I only watched the scenes once yesterday, so I could be wrong, but wasn't Chanel the first person to bring up the cops? She challenged Claire to call the cops and Claire said she would if Chanel was trying to scam Allie.

Like I said, Claire needs to let this go, but Chanel isn't much better because she simply can't admit that, yes, she was trying to scam people, and no, it's not cool just because her mother happened to walk by and take care of the check. She doesn't get to screw people over and then get pissed that they actually get mad about it.

I don't like Chanel yet. She's had a few funny moments, mainly with Xander (which is astounding to me given how much I loathe Xander) but, I hate to admit it, but I loathe her voice. That, and a lot of her line readings, make about 90% of her lines sound insincere. I know a lot of people liked her scenes with Allie, but even when she was expressing sympathy for Allie's rape, I didn't buy it because she delivers all of her lines in almost the exact same way and her facial expressions don't vary much either.

Yes. Bottom line is Chanel is a con artist  at the least and Claire was angry that after she and Tripp were taken in by her scam, she thought the same was happening with Allie.  Not a Karen and not a race issue. The expression has no meaning anymore now that it is used incorrectly so often. It’s insulting to white women when it’s thrown around inaccurately and I see it happening too often. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Few people in town care about Lani, especially the 20 something characters I'm referring to. My point stands; she's easy to villainize because she has no major family connections. 

As for my comments saying she is hilarious, we all know what a subjunctive statement is; we type them everyday on this board. We don't need to qualify every single opinion with "In my subjunctive opinion" because that is understood.

I and Irlandesa already addressed the "Karen" comments. You can scroll up if you missed them.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

We're supposed to see her that way. I'm not sure how we're supposed to be seeing Claire. Her reaction to Chanel's rather minor crime is ridiculously extreme. I get not liking Chanel but she's constantly confrontational.  She keeps attacking even when Paulina is taking care of the bill issue and Allie is calling Chanel her friend.

You know what, I wasn't even thinking about how this could possibly be about Claire having an unconscious bias but that would actually be kind of an interesting thing for them to explore. I mean, I doubt they could do it right but still!

4 hours ago, auchic said:

Instead they wave Phillip/Gabi in front of my nose, with all their sparky sexiness and then go "JK, LOL". HOW VERY DARE.

We'll never learn!

• Love 4

If I had a grandpa who was a millionaire on one side and a great-grandpa who was a millionaire on the other side, I'd just pay the $500 and complain to my grampy about what happened. Then I'd be a big, gossipy bitch about the girl who stiffed me.

Of course, since this is Claire, and it's considered growth that she didn't set Chanel on fire or try to have her run out of town, calling the cops seems in character. She's a privileged white girl that doesn't quite understand racism but will use it as a weapon. Her history with Haley shows that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/10/2021 at 4:58 PM, RedElf said:

What is Gabi wearing?

The funniest, most laughable part of this show to me is that Gabi is supposed to be a fashion designer and mogul of her own brand.  Yikes!!  She's the worst dressed on the show!  And why does she even bother with a dress if her underwear is just going to be on full display anyway?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, auchic said:

This is why I hate it so much. Jake's just so boring and narratively Gabi/Jake are even more boring. I agree Brandon and Camila have chemistry, but they could have just brought Stefan back if they wanted to recapture that dynamic, not sucky-ass Jake.

Thank You!!

Have I mentioned before how much I just don’t like Jake??  😖 Now I dislike him even more.  And I just don’t understand Gabi’s weakness with the guy. It doesn’t make sense to me.

I am not in love with Gabi’s character either, HOWEVER, I did enjoy the fun with Philip/Gabi. Which is weird, because wayyy back when they were doing Philip and Stephanie, I was beside myself .! Hated it hated it...hated them together. And don’t even get me started on Melanie lol

Maybe I am on board because I just want them to give JKJ ‘s Philip SOMETHING. He can do so much more than snarl.

And the Gabi/Philip scenes were way more interesting and sparky than any other pairing right now. 

No..we will never learn. 🤣

Edited by Chellfairy
Spelling
  • Love 5
(edited)

The irony is of course while Ron literally patted himself on the back on Twitter for addressing race and stereotypes on Show recently his attempts were a self drag. 

When Paulina made a speech about Abe should help her secure the Horton Square store space because there weren't enough black business owners there ... wouldn't it take you know? Black characters? As I watched I thought well what should Lani or Eli quit the force to sell shoes or something?

and Chanel skipping out on a tab is a very prevalent stereotype about black customers in the restaurant industry, I've even been fired over this. (ETA I've been fired for criticizing racism in a restaurant) So him using this to show how sassy she is is completely tone death he's not friends with black women at all. 

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

The irony is of course while Ron literally patted himself on the back on Twitter for addressing race and stereotypes on Show recently his attempts were a self drag. 

When Paulina made a speech about Abe should help her secure the Horton Square store space because there weren't enough black business owners there ... wouldn't it take you know? Black characters? As I watched I thought well what should Lani or Eli quit the force to sell shoes or something?

and Chanel skipping out on a tab is a very prevalent stereotype about black customers in the restaurant industry, I've even been fired over this. So him using this to show how sassy she is is completely tone death he's not friends with black women at all. 

I actually do wish the show had not made them both cops, and Abe was a former cop and now the mayor. Lexie was a cop turned doctor. I actually do hate the "noble black person" positions tv shows often give black characters. I'm honestly not sure what I'd rather they be, but I do sometimes get frustrated at the positioning.

I get what you're saying regarding Chanel, but I also find her a breath of fresh air. She in no way needs to be a "credit to her people" because there are enough black characters on the show right now to not make her representative of all black people. From what I remember, wasn't Paulina horrified at her daughter skipping out on the bill before she paid it. Paulina has given Chanel several lectures regarding her irresponsibility and lack of regard for others, and Paulina has been reflective of how her own ambition and parenting choices helped to create the Chanel we see today. I will never nominate Ron for an Image Award, but in this regard, I do think he's done a good job of making a young vixen and balancing her with other black characters to not make her "the bad black character." I often compare her to Erica Kane, but in some regards, she is also a young Drucilla from Young and the Restless - not in terms of character but in racial positioning of being balanced by other black characters, so she can be more daring a character.

Lani, Eli, - regardless of how much I dislike these characters and still struggle to characterize them as individuals - and Paulina have all commented on Chanel's actions in one way or another. They have all shown genuine - although varying - levels of concern for her and see her as an individual and not a caricature. I think that's important, too.

I can't remember if Abe has ever commented on Chanel, and I found the new Theo boring, so I don't remember their scenes. However, so far, I think Ron has handled Paulina and Chanel well. I reserve the right to change my opinion based on future episodes however.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

and Chanel skipping out on a tab is a very prevalent stereotype about black customers in the restaurant industry, I've even been fired over this. (ETA I've been fired for criticizing racism in a restaurant) So him using this to show how sassy she is is completely tone death he's not friends with black women at all. 

I am not on tweeter that much, so is Ron positioning himself as a social justice warrior for Black people now..  If Ron was talented and wanted to write something topical then he could have written about how small Black businesses headed mostly by Black  women were decimated during the pandemic and he could have used Paulina as a way to tell that type of story..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Why doesn't Sami just out Kristin and end this stupid, stupid storyline, and then lie and deny if Kristin ever tells EJ?  Lucas would lie for her...

The whole thing is some of the worst that Days has done yet.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Few people in town care about Lani, especially the 20 something characters I'm referring to. My point stands; she's easy to villainize because she has no major family connections. 

As for my comments saying she is hilarious, we all know what a subjunctive statement is; we type them everyday on this board. We don't need to qualify every single opinion with "In my subjunctive opinion" because that is understood.

I and Irlandesa already addressed the "Karen" comments. You can scroll up if you missed them.

It doesn't matter if few people in town care about Lani. You said she wasn't related to anyone in town, which is factually inaccurate.

Not sure where I said anyone needed to qualify every opinion by saying it was subjective.

Scroll up if I missed them? I replied to both you and Irlandesa, so no, I didn't miss your comments.

3 hours ago, Damian said:

If I had a grandpa who was a millionaire on one side and a great-grandpa who was a millionaire on the other side, I'd just pay the $500 and complain to my grampy about what happened. Then I'd be a big, gossipy bitch about the girl who stiffed me.

Of course, since this is Claire, and it's considered growth that she didn't set Chanel on fire or try to have her run out of town, calling the cops seems in character. She's a privileged white girl that doesn't quite understand racism but will use it as a weapon. Her history with Haley shows that.

Just because you have rich relatives, doesn't mean you personally have money (and also doesn't mean you should let people try to screw you over.) That actually seems to be Chanel's issue that she spent her mother's money all wily-nilly and ended up getting cut off. Out of the two, Chanel is actually the one acting like a spoiled privileged airhead who thinks she can do whatever she wants and her family money will get her out of it.

Claire didn't use racism as a weapon. She never even called the cops. And her history with Haley had nothing to do with racism. Haley was married to the boyfriend she was obsessed with. That's why she hated Haley.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Why doesn't Sami just out Kristin and end this stupid, stupid storyline, and then lie and deny if Kristin ever tells EJ?  Lucas would lie for her...

Yes, please!
This is the BEST plan I’ve heard in ..forever! And who the hell cares if Kristen tells EJ.
Sami suddenly is a devoted partner? I never bought their love story. They had chemistry, but not in the sexual way. 

Plus, He’s off screen and if they decide to bring him back, that would just make things more interesting .

Great plan.       BUT

Unfortunately the writers just want to draaaaag this whole Kristen thing out. She is drab and boring. Not sure if it’s the character OR actress, me thinks both. I’m sick of her face and her mask shenanigans.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Sami's excuse is that Kristen convinced everyone that she's Susan so of course she'll convince EJ, who I think she kidnapped?, that what she was saying was the truth. 

Ironically, all the steps Sami has agreed to in order to keep Kristen quiet are things Kristen can now use as "proof" that she's telling the truth because why would Sami do all of these shenanigans to help Kristen?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Just because you have rich relatives, doesn't mean you personally have money (and also doesn't mean you should let people try to screw you over.) That actually seems to be Chanel's issue that she spent her mother's money all wily-nilly and ended up getting cut off. Out of the two, Chanel is actually the one acting like a spoiled privileged airhead who thinks she can do whatever she wants and her family money will get her out of it.

Claire didn't use racism as a weapon. She never even called the cops. And her history with Haley had nothing to do with racism. Haley was married to the boyfriend she was obsessed with. That's why she hated Haley.

I agree. Claire had no reason to pay the bill and Chanel was the scammer in that one. Claire could have offered to split it, but Chanel was being the a-hole in that scenario.  So Claire’s reaction was justified in my opinion. And hell, I am no fan of the new “sweet “ Claire.

I understand her reaction to Chanel when she saw her with Allie, it was over the top, but considering her recent experience with Chanel..ok...but should have stayed out of it.

I really didn’t feel it a race issue with Claire. I am so tired of every white-black/Hispanic/etc disagreement becoming into one. It’s not always so “black and white” hehe

And I do find Chanel to be refreshing and sassy..with this 20 something crowd.

• Love 5

The Nicole/Xander scenes today had me LOL.  Nicole's facial expressions were so funny.  And Xander was trying to be charming.  Nicole is more fun as a 'bad character".  On the other hand, the whole scene with Ava apologizing for her past actions was just "UGH'...why would I believe her apologies?!  She is a horrible character & Rafe is a dolt for going on a date with her, like she is some nice lady.  Good for Steve for giving Rafe a "heads up" & warning. 

• Love 13

Sami's reactions to Kristen telling her about how Kate escaped were priceless. "NO KIDDING. WOOOOW" while dripping with sarcasm. But good GOD Kristen. You'll have the entire town to ship off shortly. Your poor back.

Arianne Zucker does a good drunk. Her slurring and reactions were great.

• Love 10

Nicole and Xander's history needs to be completely forgotten for this to work, and honestly I am *happy* to forget it, because they are very fun and the chemistry is bubbling. I love a good, dirty infidelity. With ripped clothes and slaps. Give it to me any day of the week. 

But whoever at the Front Desk of the Salem Inn didn't deactivate Xander's room key, ooh, that's probably going on your performance eval. Let's use this as a learning opportunity moving forward. 

AS is always good at convincing me that Sami's ridiculous life choices make sense to her, even if they don't to anyone else. I have a soft spot for a Wild Card.

Rafe is so horny. I forgive him for his poor choice of companion. For now. Slim pickings, and all. But he needs to hit it and quit it.

Re: Claire. I think an important thing for Claire to understand when threatening to call the police on any Black person is that her motivations, and the illegality of the other person's actions, are not actually relevant, because there is always the possibility that it will be a death sentence either way. Doing it for justifiable reasons can still cause an unjustifiable outcome. Her inability to think about that at all is a problem, but not one the writers even thought about either, so. Hopefully they don't go there again and the rivalry can find new angles and sticking points to keep it going. This one champagne incident isn't enough for me.

• Love 7

Damn, that wasn't just mini bottles Xander had in his hotel bar.

So Ava is a woobie now, huh? Is she going to apologize to every member of the Brady clan for murdering Shawn?

Hm.  "Flock", huh?

"Of all the people in the world, you deserve to feel terrible."

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nollf said:

I love a good, dirty infidelity. With ripped clothes and slaps. Give it to me any day of the week. 

+1

Another good ep. I continue to be so delighted they're actually keeping this up.

I did end up fast forwarding the Ava scenes though because her being all 'I'm so sorry, I'm good now!' is not for me lol.

• Love 8

I prefer Nicole with an edgy guy however they should've had her sleep with Xander way before this. 

They should've either killed off Eric or had him leave Nicole for her betraying him in some sort of way(besides this of course) that would be better than this where he's not even around to react to it. So this whole thing falls flat like every other attempt at drama on this show.

• Love 6

Kristen. 
Needs. 
To. 
Die. 
Now. 

Im so sick of her, “I’m going to call EJ” threats. Just let her. Christ. 
It took me longer than some, but I’m so over her. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
30 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Xander and Nicole were hilarious today. They both do “drunk” scenes well. I didn’t mind Nicole cheating on Eric. He abandoned her. 

In general I don't mind it I think its in character. I would've preferred it not be Xander. If EJ were around it would've made a lot more sense  and preferable. 

However Nicole was the one who told Eric to go I have a hard time feeling bad for her(not excusing Eric here either).

It just reinforces what  stupid exit they gave Eric.

• Love 4

Just removed a bunch of posts that had moved discussion into past storylines rather than current ones. We have multiple threads for past storylines to be revisited. Keep this thread focused on what's going on now.

• Love 1

Sami, who cares what Nicole is doing going in to Xander's room? She is an adult. You should be thankful that she has been very kind to your daughter and baby Henry. Maybe she was taking drunk Xander back to his room before he hurts himself or someone else. None of your nevermind.

I don't blame Nicole for hitting up Xander. Her husband has abandoned her, thinks she is willing to wait it out for years til he behooves himself to come back. It might have been better if it was Rafe.

Chloe didn't recognize the nurse's eyes as belonging to Kristen. And then Kristen is not Kristen - yeah, that is confusing.

I enjoyed Kristin and Sami's going over her plan to get rid of all these people all in the name of getting Chloe away from Brady. The Capt. Obvious part would be to deal with Chloe. Eventually there will be a spinoff show of everyone on the island. Why would Sami want to hunt the highways for Kate?

The Ava Vitali apology tour is going to be a long one, just like Cher's final tour. Without the making of actual amends, they are just words. Rafe knows exactly who she is and he is a grown man who is able to take care of himself. His choice, even though he knows it will most likely end in disaster.

• Love 5