Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I missed the first half so I may have more to say later but I would have loved it if Xander correctly guessed that Sami and Lucas slept together and used that to blackmail them not to expose him after he extorted them for ten million. 

From what I saw, they were looking mighty suspicious, especially when they wanted to make it clear that they ended up in the wine cellar separately.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, tribeca said:

I was worried for Lani and her babies today 

Me too! 
But then..

I was thinking/hoping they’d make a plan, pick up the other kid( Kristen and Brady’s..her name escapes me) and high tail it outta there!

• Love 3

Xander may be many things, but he is not dumb. He probably figured out Sami's secret. Surprised that Sami had to call EJ to ask for that kind of money. Too bad he can't figure out that Kristen also had a Sarah mask. He might be more appealing to Chanel now that he is a few million dollars richer.

Chanel, you do like everything you see. Eli, you realize you have a hungry houseguest. You need to keep your towel on.

Kristen, you showed such promise turning yourself in! And then did the bait and switch of not so fast, I still have Chloe Lane hidden somewhere. At least you got to meet Lani's twins/blankets.

People are worried about Lucas not knowing about his mom but no one haas called Rex?

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Xander may be many things, but he is not dumb. He probably figured out Sami's secret. Surprised that Sami had to call EJ to ask for that kind of money. Too bad he can't figure out that Kristen also had a Sarah mask. He might be more appealing to Chanel now that he is a few million dollars richer.

Chanel, you do like everything you see. Eli, you realize you have a hungry houseguest. You need to keep your towel on.

Kristen, you showed such promise turning yourself in! And then did the bait and switch of not so fast, I still have Chloe Lane hidden somewhere. At least you got to meet Lani's twins/blankets.

People are worried about Lucas not knowing about his mom but no one haas called Rex?

Well, now ..if Lani and Kristen take off..problem solved...Chanel can hook up with Eli😃🤣

And why is Philip not there???? Come on, I’m really pissed about  only Jake being there...no family. Gabi goes to the D mansion / with Rafe to pick up Jakey’s  forgotten cell phone (why he needs it is beyond me)but can’t even  have the common decency to let Philip know about Kate!!?
What the F! 😖

• Love 2

Why didn’t Sami and Lucas leave the wine cellar then talk about their plan.  They reminded me of scary movies where everyone makes the worse choices.    Maybe they are making love again and Marlena will walk in.  Marlena can lord it over Sami like Sami has done to her for the last twenty years.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Why didn’t Sami and Lucas leave the wine cellar then talk about their plan.  They reminded me of scary movies where everyone makes the worse choices.    Maybe they are making love again and Marlena will walk in.  Marlena can lord it over Sami like Sami has done to her for the last twenty years.   

Did they show the Dimera's livingroom today? If not, then the show didn't want to tape on a different set for that one short conversation.

• Love 2
(edited)

Marlena is going to figure Lumi out. 
So EJ is a jealous troll now?   Why is Sami..SAMI… scared of him?

I’ve just binged watched the last two weeks, my quick thoughts.  
1) Kate is Deadpool.  As in the Super’hero’ (he would want me to put the hero part in quotes).  She is without a doubt the biggest badass in Salem.  And her superpower is she can’t be killed.  My heart still breaks for her regarding Jake.  Jake was too young for her but I still liked them together.  And yes, I’m happy to get my Stabi fix with Jabi (is that a little too on the nose?).  
2) TEAM XANDER! He really was playing Lumi all the way.  ‘Shall I flip a coin?’  I really hope he gets away with it.  I know it’s terrible to route for extortion but I’m kinda okay with it.  Hopefully she told him where Chloe is and he will save her. 
3) Xander/Nicole - well THAT escalated quickly.  I must admit, there was a playfulness to their sex scene that I liked.  
4) Poor Nicole.  Xander had her dead-to-rights on her motivation.  She’s lonely, pining for Rafe, and pissed at Eric. She was looking to roll around in the mud.  And Eric is winning asshole of the year for leaving his wife and babies alone.  I’m not remotely saying she SHOULD have slept with Xander - terrible mistake - but it seems like the basis for Ericole to go kaputz for a while.  
5) I never want to see Susan Banks again.  
6) I was over Channel during her first episode.  My opinion hasn’t changed.  And Eli better watch out. 
7) Wow.  Lani found a spine.  
8) Do you think they have a wardrobe budget issue?   All the men are shirtless these days.  

ETA:  Legit question: does the Phillip actor have a physical condition or is that posture an acting choice?  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

Well, now ..if Lani and Kristen take off..problem solved...Chanel can hook up with Eli😃🤣

And why is Philip not there???? Come on, I’m really pissed about  only Jake being there...no family. Gabi goes to the D mansion / with Rafe to pick up Jakey’s  forgotten cell phone (why he needs it is beyond me)but can’t even  have the common decency to let Philip know about Kate!!?
What the F! 😖

Philip was there.  He was telling Jake and Gabi that he'd been calling Lucas and it was going straight to voicemail.

32 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Did they show the Dimera's livingroom today? If not, then the show didn't want to tape on a different set for that one short conversation.

They did.  Marlena spoke to Xander there after he left the tunnels.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, boes said:

Philip was there.  He was telling Jake and Gabi that he'd been calling Lucas and it was going straight to voicemail.

Oops 😬 

Thats what happens when I get up to let the dog in.

• LOL 4
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Or Austin or Billie!  Did the show forget Kate has more than a couple of kids?!

12 hours ago, tribeca said:

Why didn’t Sami and Lucas leave the wine cellar then talk about their plan.  They reminded me of scary movies where everyone makes the worse choices.   

THIS!  THIS!  THIS!  You can have your chat in leisure AFTER you've left the place where you were kept prisoner for days(?)  hours(?)  

• Love 12

I have really been enjoying MM's portrayal of Abigail--as annoying as the character can be, MM humanizes her and makes her sympathetic and I feel the same way about the women who play Gabi and Gwen.  They have done horrible, villainous things, but you can still understand the reasons for their heinous actions--not agree with them, but understand why they did what they did.

I liked the Gabi/Chad moment and I hope we get to see them interacting again, and I definitely hope there will be some Gabi/Gwen scenes too.  The actors have chemistry to spare and there's so much delicious history between them all.

The Belle/Shawn/Jan scenes were wonderful but I wish I could say the same for the Claire/Ben storyline--Claire's being in tears at the thought of Ben's emotional pain was cringeworthy.

• Love 11

My favorite scene today: Gabi & Julie talking about Gwen(at Julie's Place), they finally agree on something: they both Hate Gwen, then they look at each other & say "is the cold war over"? NAH....I was LOL....

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
(edited)

Well, at least Clare pointed out that Ben literally flying off the handle and over to Johannesburg would be proving Ciara's point that he's a bit unhinged.

I'm enjoying this more mature, slightly calmer Gabi. She's a fun character, but her over the top dramatics at everything for a while was getting exhausting. Plus, that jumpsuit was really cute.

Not on the calm spectrum? Julie. Sweet Jesus. I thought cats would start howling at her histrionics at Jack and Jennifer's.

Edited by RunningMarket
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10

That mint green jacket, Chad.  Can we talk?

I don't know if Ben is still working at the motorcycle shop, but he can't make much money, how can he afford tickets to South Africa?

Why did Trask stop to taunt Belle if she just wants the jury to decide?

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Why did Trask stop to taunt Belle if she just wants the jury to decide?

Yep - the unprofessionalism from Trask towards Belle made me roll my eyes.  And Trask is so stupid not to question how Jan "conveniently" found John's taped "evidence".  Compounding her stupidity is not putting two and two together w/r/t  Jan's "evidence" with her talk of how she and Shawn will finally be together blah, blah, blah.

It's beyond obvious that Jan would have an ulterior motive to put Belle in prison, yet Trask can't see it?  I wonder who is currently holding onto the one brain cell shared among Salemnites...

• Love 7
5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Claire's being in tears at the thought of Ben's emotional pain was cringeworthy.

Claire is so fucking embarrassing now. They need to fix her asap.

1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Trask probably does not care about any of these people.  

That's my favorite thing about her lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Trask probably does not care about any of these people.  They showed no sympathy when she lost her daughter 

To be fair, did she care about her own daughter?  just sayin... I remember how she did nothing to help her daughter when she was at her lowest.  She is just a bitch with a chip on her shoulder. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I have really been enjoying MM's portrayal of Abigail--as annoying as the character can be, MM humanizes her and makes her sympathetic and I feel the same way about the women who play Gabi and Gwen.  They have done horrible, villainous things, but you can still understand the reasons for their heinous actions--not agree with them, but understand why they did what they did.

I disagree about Gwen. Probably because it was obviously a story they just slapped together but while Abby leaves a lot to be desired she never did anything to Gwen. Yet Gwen wanted to ruin her life despite Abby not knowing she ever existed in the first place.

Laura would be one thing but the rest of her family is another story. 

Instead we're subjected to this terrible story that was pointless from beginning to end. I don't find her sympathetic at all (has nothing to do with the actress). Gabi may leave a lot to be desired but at least I get why she does most of what she does. I also like that she's a bit more mature and calmer now. 

• Love 5

I'm confused why Gwen just didn't tell Jack how she lost the baby. It's not like he's going to turn his back on her.( Although that's probably the excuse she's going to use when the truth comes out)

38 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Gwen can go bye bye any day. She started pointless, is still pointless, and will end pointless.

She can take her daddy with her.

• Love 2
(edited)

I honestly thought I missed an episode the way we just pivoted to all the other non-mask stories today. 

I love MM's Abigail, and Gwen, and Gabi. I also do not mind a childish, spiteful villain who pretends she's a victim, as long as the performer is bringing depth and variability to it, which I think EOB does especially well. She compels and fascinates me. I can read in her eyes how confused she is to feel loved for the first time, and how she may not know how to change, or if she even wants to.

I feel like MM has been really raw this time around, and I can't take my eyes off her. She's just really good. 

I checked the records, and it's hilarious to me that I absolutely 100% wanted Ben/Claire to happen in 2018 and I might be the only person who's still into it in 2021. They both have this, like, chaotic boringness that I really don't mind? I don't know. I'm just gonna sail this ship alone, lol. 

Edited by nollf
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

I checked the records, and it's hilarious to me that I absolutely 100% wanted Ben/Claire to happen in 2018 and I might be the only person who's still into it in 2021. They both have this, like, chaotic boringness that I really don't mind? I don't know. I'm just gonna sail this ship alone, lol.

You’re not alone. I like Blaire too!

• Love 1

Claire's pain over Ben's heartbeat was cringeworthy. Claire her a life, start with finding a job.

Jack deserves to have Abby never speak to him again,  Abby should be more pissed at Chad too.

Good for Julie today, she was great and real. Same with Gabi.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I enjoy Heather Lindell so much as crazy Jan. But I can’t believe she’s falling for Belle and Shawn’s fake fight. I thought she was smarter than that. 

Couldn't Shawn and Belle put a little effort into it? There was no nuance to that fight.  Instead of having them be at full speed fighting, Belle should have accused him of accusing her of murder.  And Shawn should have acted like that's not what he did but, in spite of his denials, it's clear he has doubts about what Belle is telling him. 

That would lead Jan to see an opening--an opening she'd try to exploit. 

2 hours ago, Sidney said:

I'm confused why Gwen just didn't tell Jack how she lost the baby. It's not like he's going to turn his back on her.( Although that's probably the excuse she's going to use when the truth comes out)

I was wondering that too.  I have two explanations for it. One explanation is a character-based explanation. The human perspective is that Gwen realized she had gone too far in accusing Abigail of intentionally throwing her down the stairs and killing her child.  It's a lie she didn't want to keep up so she decided to tell enough of the truth that she wasn't accusing Abigail of being a baby killer.  I think it's human to want to downplay one's wrongdoing or lie.  She shared just enough to walk back what she started but not look as malicious and vindictive as she really was. And that basically cut that story off at its knees.

Then there's the plot point explanation. What I really think happened is that the show clearly has some plans for Dr. Snyder.  He has been on a lot. He's played by a soap vet.  And the scene at the end of the episode with Gwen had some sort of implied threat? to it.  He's going to play a part in whatever Gwen's next story is.  I'm just not quite sure how yet. 

So I think the reason she didn't fess all is because it's plot driven instead of character driven. It's clear the show doesn't quite know if they want Gwen to be manipulator or manipulated.  That's why she goes from vindictive to victim to vengeful to honest.  Every Gwen story with potential is getting cut short to reposition her.

I had to roll my eyes at Julie accusing Gwen of tearing the family part just because Abigail is going to go visit her mother.  Going to visit her mother is the opposite of being torn from her family.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 8

Julie went nuts when Jack said Gwen was moving in. That is because Gwen destroyed Abigail's happy family.

Didn't Julie fuck Doug when he was married to Addy? Thus making her Hope's sister and step-mother? Can she really cast stones?

• Love 9

Julie is casting more than stones. I understand her concern about another person living there. How many bedrooms does the Horton House have? An older home, unless it is a mansion-type one, wouldn't have more than 3-4 bedrooms. But it is Salem, home of the expand-a-home.

I did enjoy her and Gabi. Gabi would be welcome at the restaurant. She has money. And Julie finally admitted that she was wrong to accuse Gabi of poisoning Abigail. Gwen did a lot of stuff, but if Abigail and Chad were a bit stronger, she would not have had such an excellent opportunity.

Gwen, the half-truth was okay. You still have the real truth, which Dr. Snyder will most likely use against you. He wants something - Devereaux money? A promotion?

Claire, find something to do other that be a shoulder for Ben to cry on. Like Theo, you will realize that once Ciara gets her memory back, she may return and then you have wasted time on this dude. Don't be his rebound. Think more highly of yourself than being a leftover. Ben, what kind of job do you have that you can afford a last minute ticket to Johannesburg? Probably a lot more than a seat sale of around $1200. Ben, do let Claire go. She doesn't need this.

Trask, Jan Spears is practically carrying a billboard advertising her wanting Shawn Brady and being Mrs. Brady. Red flag alert! Jan, you were pretty silly to think that Shawn and Belle's fight was real. But then again, desperate people.

Abigail, have fun in Boston with your mom and the house that isn't selling or whatever.

• Love 5

its really sad how we're likely stuck with Ron till the end.  The show is dreadful.  There's not one good storyline airing.

and I'm fed up with his favoritism

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DanaMB said:

Is it cold up north in the middle of May? Trying to figure out Chad’s turtleneck. 

It was in the 20s Celsius on the weekend (70 F) but it did snow here Tuesday evening and temps went down to about 5C/41F.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, nollf said:

I can read in her eyes how confused she is to feel loved for the first time, and how she may not know how to change, or if she even wants to.

It's like you're reading my mind.  There was no way she could tell Jack the whole truth and nothing but the truth, because I don't think she's ever had the experience of being accepted flaws-and-all, and loved what Emily O'Brien did with that.  

2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

So I think the reason she didn't fess all is because it's plot driven instead of character driven.

But I think, as least with Gwen, Those Writers have done a good job of demonstrating that Gwen is such a broken human being that it would be more unlikely for her to start being absolutely truthful at this point.  That's not to say that the plot isn't also an influential factor.    

And honestly, I'm ready for Dr Snyder to start rolling around in the mud with the rest of Salem, USA.  

I want Jan to be smart enough to have given Belle and Shawn some side-eye but with the way they've had her running around town blabbing her big mouth, I'm not sure she can outsmart anyone at this point.  Heather Lindell is fun to watch, and I hate that they're writing her character as such a sloppy villain.   

Claire and Ben sound good on paper but that was painful to watch.  

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

It was in the 20s Celsius on the weekend (70 F) but it did snow here Tuesday evening and temps went down to about 5C/41F.

Chad's / Salem are supposed to be in a suburb or quick drive to Chicago ans we had no snow. 

11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Gwen did a lot of stuff, but if Abigail and Chad were a bit stronger, she would not have had such an excellent opportunity.

Thank you. Everyone continuing to act like Chad and Abigail have some kind of great love and marriage is so laughable.

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Claire and Ben sound good on paper but that was painful to watch.  

This. Claire and Ben should be awesome and it should hit all my boxes personally. And honestly it probably still would if ORK was still here. Even if the writing was the same, she would have made it work more imo. This Claire actress is just not working for me in this case. She's making Claire so embarrassing. But I think another problem is that Ron is out here telling everyone Ben/Ciara is endgame and the truest love ever so it's like why even give a shit about Ben/Claire.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

Julie?  Oh Julie??  Would you mind standing over here?

Yes, that's right, move just a bit to the right. A bit more.....a little more.....Now don't move...

giphy.gif

You were saying?

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
(edited)

What has happened to Julie, she is such a caricature these days.  I still like her though and I am alone on this board and I am cool with that.   She was so much better in the 90's she had a depth to her that made her endearing in my opinion. I thought her flirtation with Victor was so interesting during the cruise of deception and I would not have minded if they had had a fling that led to something serious before the show had put her back with Doug.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, nollf said:

checked the records, and it's hilarious to me that I absolutely 100% wanted Ben/Claire to happen in 2018 and I might be the only person who's still into it in 2021. They both have this, like, chaotic boringness that I really don't mind? I don't know. I'm just gonna sail this ship alone, lol. 

I would have been down for ORK's Claire with Ben; but not this version.

• Love 10

I loved John's "oh my GOD!" reaction to hearing about Belle and Shawn's plan to trap Jan, especially Belle's indignation that Jan tried to kiss Shawn.  And of course Jan figures out their foolproof plan and is now holding a gun on Claire.

I have no idea what to say about Gwen's being blackmailed into becoming a drug mule--so the shady doctor is crappy at his chosen profession and he's drug dealer?

The Ben/Claire kissing seemed really strangely desperate and not at all romantic--was that how it was supposed to come across?

• Love 5

Claire has issues with Ciara always getting everything and Claire coming in second place.   The worst possible thing she could do Is get in relationship with Ben.  So it will happen. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, bannana said:

Julie went nuts when Jack said Gwen was moving in. That is because Gwen destroyed Abigail's happy family.

Didn't Julie fuck Doug when he was married to Addy? Thus making her Hope's sister and step-mother? Can she really cast stones?

Julie is an a number one fucking shrieking banshee bitch. I don’t remember her being like this many years ago. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I'm enjoying creepy Dr. Snyder. A little something new to throw in the mix. 

Chad's tears. . . always delightful. His whole outfit is wild. Those pants are so tight. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

Gwen is such an idiot. She really thinks that breaking the law by becoming a drug mule is a better option than simply coming clean with Jack & Chad about not being pregnant when she fell down the stairs?? First, why does she care how Chad reacts? He already hates her. Second, Jack has shown he will forgive Gwen for everything (ugh!), does she really think he'll turn his back on her over something that pales in comparison to the other things she's done? But I get it, it's all to serve the plot. And for now I'm okay with it because Dr. Snyder seems liked an interesting villain to have in the hospital; also, it's about time Gwen gets a taste of her own medicine. 

Chad, those pants are super tight. Yikes. 

I missed the beginning of the episode: why was Ben shirtless in front of Claire?

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 7
(edited)
18 hours ago, bannana said:

Darling Julie (the J stands for "Judgment") may have had a career singing on (mercifully far away) cruise ships, but her true life's work has been in living in bigger and bigger glass houses, hoicking big, shrill stones at everyone who passes by.

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

Julie is an a number one fucking shrieking banshee bitch. I don’t remember her being like this many years ago. 

Awwww...give her a break...she’s a 100 yrs old. Lmao. Still..totally agree.        She is the most judgmental, interfering, biotch on the show! She’s way better when her better half is around.

19 minutes ago, RedElf said:

OK, Doctor Snyder is crazy.

I can dig his crazy. It’ll be interesting to see where this all goes..maybe

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, bunnyblue said:

I missed the beginning of the episode: why was Ben shirtless in front of Claire?

They started kissing.  Then undressing.  And as soon as Ben got his shirt off (Ron's gonna do what Ron's gonna do) Ben put a stop to it. 

4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

The Ben/Claire kissing seemed really strangely desperate and not at all romantic--was that how it was supposed to come across?

Since CIN is OTP and the best thing ever and destined...blah blah blah, I don't think it was meant to come off romantic.  Or at least not yet.  Not with Ben holding Ciara's divorce papers. 

I thought it started pretty decent and then got uncomfortable.  I don't ever see myself investing in a Ben relationship but the aesthetics were fine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4