Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

My problem with it was that Julie called it a Scotch rye, did she not?  That's... not a thing. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but whiskey can be Scotch (whisky) or whiskey can be rye... but it can't be both.  And I agree that it wasn't $200; a 12-year-old bottle of Scotch is usually $80-$100.  

Glennfiddich is about $60 or. Final cost depends on alcohol taxes. Restaurant drinks are usually 2-3 times the price of the bottle.

3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

My problem with it was that Julie called it a Scotch rye, did she not?  That's... not a thing. 

Maybe in Julie World it's a thing? Heaven knows Julie Fubar doesn't live in the same reality as the rest of us.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
8 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Nadia was horrible today.  Chloe showed very little emotions. Nadia doesn’t emote well.

So true. Not from day one when she was first introduced as “ghoul girl” .

I thought it was  true to character and Nadia was great!

Now, all  grown up..nothing has changed as far as that goes. And it should have.

And she could have definitely stood up and taken Jan down today . Especially with everything at stake. She’s a mom, Claire is her friends daughter ..and Jan Spears has always bullied her. You’d think she’d go ape-shit on the psycho!

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 6

Chloe, you aren't some waif. You can easily have taken Jan down. So Kidnap Kabin still exists? No one bulldozed it down? Jan, everyone knows you killed Charlie. You will have kidnap folks for a while. Was that a fire rigged to start when someone opens the door?

Wonder what Paulina's real plans for Horton Square are? How nice that she thinks it will be a legacy for Jules and Carver. Doubt her intentions are to make it better. So she and Marlena haven't had anything to do with each other for years and are now going to be friends?

Ben, you don't tell your dad about your dead sister being a conscience to you. At least he told you to go for a drive and clear your head. South Africa is not cheap and you probably do need a passport and other documents to go there. Not like it is an hour drive to Chicago.

Good for Phillip for telling Trask what is really going on and that Belle is in jail because Claire's been kidnapped.

• Love 9

One could also argue that Jan is holding a gun in Chloe's face, and because Chloe is a mother she doesn't want to risk her own life by bringing a knife to a gun fight.  The gun is probably going to win.  

There was the potential for an interesting thought experiment into whether Chloe could actually kill Claire in the way she killed the drug lord when her life was on the line, but Those! Writers didn't go anywhere with it.  

Was Paulina's reveal that she was lying to Marlena about her plans for The Square some hint at Paulina being the next Mustache-Twirling Villain?  That was weird.  

I don't even mind Belle going to jail for Charlie's murder if we get to see Linda Dano's Vivian dishing up some snark at her.  

Pleasantly surprised that Jan reneged on her word to set Claire free if Belle confessed to Charlie's murder.  She totally scored some points with me on that one!  

Ben showing up to save Claire from the Fire Cabin made me chuckle.  Even a serial killer can find love in all the wrong places.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Sandman said:

Maybe in Julie World it's a thing? Heaven knows Julie Fubar doesn't live in the same reality as the rest of us.

This makes me wish the movie A Quiet Place took place in Salem.  With her foghorn for a mouth the aliens would turn Julie into Spaghetti-O's in no time.

Now for something completely different - why was the bed made up at Kidnap Kabin, complete with folded extra blanket at the foot of the bed?  

That has to be the world's  worst Air BnB ever.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Glennfiddich is about $60 or. Final cost depends on alcohol taxes. Restaurant drinks are usually 2-3 times the price of the bottle.

True, I live in a state with ridiculous taxes.  But she also said it was her "best bottle" which would be better than what's on the shelf at the liquor store.  Either way - not $200.

7 hours ago, boes said:

Now for something completely different - why was the bed made up at Kidnap Kabin, complete with folded extra blanket at the foot of the bed?  

That has to be the world's  worst Air BnB ever.

The cabin has charred walls, no roof (from the shadows), yet the furniture is perfect.  Nothing about it made sense.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Are you sure?  If a distillery in Scotland made rye whiskey, would it not be Scotch rye?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Katy M said:

Are you sure?  If a distillery in Scotland made rye whiskey, would it not be Scotch rye?

I could be wrong, but I've never seen one.  There are actually pretty strict regulations on the production, labeling, and advertising of Scotch whisky.  (I think ryes are American and Canadian.  To be called a rye, it must be distilled with at least 51% percent rye grain, and I think to be Scotch whisky it still must be a majority of barley.  They can add rye to the barley, but it wouldn't be the required percentage to be called a rye.)  Sorry for getting off topic. 😳

• Useful 1

Julie's rules ans comments about alcohol should be taken w grain of salt anyways. When the famous Abby drugging by Gwen happened. Abby and Chadouche ordered a (entire) bottle of champagne to celebrate her story. 

julie opened it away from table and brought the open bottle over with full glasses (which was how Gwen could drug the toast). That's not how wine service goes .... like at all. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Julie's rules ans comments about alcohol should be taken w grain of salt anyways. When the famous Abby drugging by Gwen happened. Abby and Chadouche ordered a (entire) bottle of champagne to celebrate her story. 

julie opened it away from table and brought the open bottle over with full glasses (which was how Gwen could drug the toast). That's not how wine service goes .... like at all. 

A restaurant or bar would never run out of alcohol unless there was a very good reason, like a shipping or supply issue. You would have regular delivery.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, RedElf said:

It would be a Scottish rye.

Because I was genuinely curious, I kept "researching" (aka googling) and I found 1 on the market - it was brand new 2018.  They started growing rye in 2014 and from what I can find, they have 2 selections that are aged 3-4 years.  (Nice article here in case any one else is interested: https://www.whiskyadvocate.com/scottish-distillers-making-rye-whisky/)  

So... Julie is still an idiot.  She can't have a bottle of "12-year-old Scotch rye."  

I'm sorry that I went a little off topic, but little "mistakes" like these can take me completely out of the scene.  I don't even know what she was ranting about because I lost focus after that tiny, irrelevant comment.  It happens frequently to me.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

When Tom and Alice were running things, did they really care about diversity?  Julie didn't seem very caring about diversity when Eli's parents got together.

Shouldn't Claire and Ben get out of that smoke filled cabin instead of carrying on a conversation?

Gotta have those gummy bears.

Finally some resolution to this story?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, RedElf said:

When Tom and Alice were running things, did they really care about diversity?  Julie didn't seem very caring about diversity when Eli's parents got together.

Shouldn't Claire and Ben get out of that smoke filled cabin instead of carrying on a conversation?

Why did RW do that horrible fake cough like he did after saving CIAAARRAAAA? It was especially jarring since Claire had absolutely no cough and was speaking just fine.

• Love 4

Wait a minute, what was Phillip doing when Chloe finally went after Jan to get her gun away from her??  The two of them could have overpowered Jan, but Phillip just stood there with the stupidest look on his face! What was that? LOL 😆

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Wait a minute, what was Phillip doing when Chloe finally went after Jan to get her gun away from her??  The two of them could have overpowered Jan, but Phillip just stood there with the stupidest look on his face! What was that? LOL 😆

Philip to a T.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Philip, Chloe is not the only woman you’ve ever loved.

The way he said it made it sound like he has loved men and I wish that were true lol.

I loved everything involving Chanel, Paulina, and Abe. I’m interested to see where this is going.

The coughing in the Ben/Claire scenes took me out of it because like COVID ya know lol. Also, this was my first time in awhile watching Ben and I had forgotten how annoying RSW’s manner of speaking is. It’s so strained. Is it because he’s trying (and often failing lol) to hide his Boston accent or does he just talk that way in real life?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think the only woman he ever really loved was Chloe. 
I like him w her. In their HS days though I was a Broe shipper

so Chanel's a baker. Of "Yummy Ballz" or whatever. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sweet bits. Or was it sweetie bits?

LOL yeah. Oops. All I noticed was Lani reply "speaking of sweet bits I heard you saw Eli naked..." 

• LOL 11
14 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Way to go Chloe, fighting back against Jan!

Philip, Chloe is not the only woman you’ve ever loved. Belle, Stephanie, and Melanie would like to have a word with you.

Chloe is the love of his life after all is said and done.

The Philip/Melanie story was tragic and no wonder the actor left the show, he was as disgusted as the rest of us.  The show acted like Stefanie who was just gorgeous was nothing in comparison to Melanie.  Talk about delusional..

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RedElf said:

Tom/Alice helped anyone but Days after Bill Bell left was one of the whitest soaps out there not much in diversity until recently.

Julie wasn't against David/Valerie because of their race from what I recall she did mention others may not see the beauty in their love because of it though.  

8 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

The Philip/Melanie story was tragic and no wonder the actor left the show, he was as disgusted as the rest of us.  The show acted like Stefanie who was just gorgeous was nothing in comparison to Melanie.  Talk about delusional..

I agree even if Phillip/Stephanie are my preference. Chloe is the one constant the show has no use for Stephanie (or any of Kayla's actual children)

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I never said she wasn’t the love of his life. I said she wasn’t the only woman he’s ever loved. He loved others.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I never said she wasn’t the love of his life. I said she wasn’t the only woman he’s ever loved. He loved others.

Of course just like Bo..

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Philip to a T.

He also thinks bat shit is made of guavas. Just a great day for Philip all around. LOL. 

(Did he not have the word guano forever imprinted in his brain from Ace Ventura 2 like us 90s kids? I guess not.)

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Chloe finally went after Jan to get her gun away from her

2 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

While I was glad Chloe fought Jan for the gun and didn't need Philip to jump in and save her, I did wonder where this fighting spirit was when Kristen kidnapped her from the DiMera mansion. Chloe couldn't have acted more helpless if she tried; I mean, Kristen didn't have a gun or knife on her, all she did was twist her arm behind her back and Chloe basically gave up. 

2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

All I noticed was Lani reply "speaking of sweet bits I heard you saw Eli naked..." 

That segue was pretty funny. 

• Love 7

I laughed when Jan told Chloe to keep her body sounds quieter. Yeah, I've been in a car trunk for 3 days and haven't eaten anything. I do wonder if the car trunk experienced other bodily functions or Chloe's been able to hold it for all these days.

I don't recall Tom and Alice Horton embracing diversity but I haven't watched the show for all the years it has been on. For a while, the show was pretty white and Irish/Irish Catholic. Just a few black people and hardly any Asian people.

Wonder what Paulina's real plans are for the Horton Square. I am not sure I am buying Chanel as some sort of baking whiz. To do really well, you have to have some talent. There is one baker in my city who does amazing cupcakes that look like they have flowers as icing. Buttercream Boutique? People do need to eat but you do have to have a product folks will want. Will she do breads? Cupcakes? Cookies? Gluten free stuff too? Yeah, she has seen Eli and the goods. She will see more unless Lani and Eli establish house rules.

Good for Ben for rescuing Claire. He should have pulled her out of the cabin and he could easily sit outside the cabin since it is a crime scene. Hope Shawn called the cops to seal off the place. Time to bullzoze it.

So Phillip was able to get the plane, money on very short notice, and gummy bears? At least Chloe somehow rescued herself with Phillip wearing a stupid grin.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Philip, Chloe is not the only woman you’ve ever loved. Belle, Stephanie, and Melanie would like to have a word with you.

Haven’t watched yet..but hey... he thought Chloe was the lOVE of his life, but really just his “first love” . Then hipster, bad boy, then redeemed Broadway-musical Brady came between them. He fought hard and lost. That always hurts 
 I personally think he and Belle  are better than nu-Shawn, who is absolutely boring.

Stephanie was narcissistic, obsessed and jealous. Melanie was  ridiculous, but at least ridiculously fun. And stupid 

I’d rather see Philip with Gabi or 

Chloe, rather than with Brady.

Heck , even Nicole would be okay with me.

53 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

While I was glad Chloe fought Jan for the gun and didn't need Philip to jump in and save her, I did wonder where this fighting spirit was when Kristen kidnapped her from the DiMera mansion. Chloe couldn't have acted more helpless if she tried; I mean, Kristen didn't have a gun or knife on her, all she did was twist her arm behind her back and Chloe basically gave up. 

Exactly!!!

• Love 3

So someone left an entire set of expensive knives at Kidnap Kabin?  WHO is going there all the time?  The place is a burned out shell, but somehow none of the furniture has been rained on or inhabited by animals.  And Jan's booby trap was pretty lame.  Ben managed to get the fire out in about 2 minutes tops.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, boes said:

why was the bed made up at Kidnap Kabin, complete with folded extra blanket at the foot of the bed?  

Jordan sleeps there when she's not tormenting Ben as his Guilty Conscience, and she makes the bed every morning.  

It was funny to me that Ben still wanted to hang out in the cabin after he almost Char-Grilled Claire.  Like that didn't kinda kill the mood of going there to Not-Sign the divorce papers?  

It seems like the Show doesn't like to kill off its female villains, so the only real mystery left for me regarding Jan is whether she'll actually get sent to Statesville, or she'll get to sneak off into the shadows like Kristin.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Heh.  Today Paulina said she had acquired 227 Lexington, 229 and 231. 

227 Lexington was the address where the residents lived in Jackee's first big break (that I know of) the sitcom 227.

• Love 13

Ben sucks! I’m surprised he didn’t have a paperback of Romeo and Juliet fall out of his back jean pocket as he pulled out his divorce papers with pen.. all in tact after putting out that huge fire 

wait.. there’s probably a copy in the lovely cabin

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chellfairy said:

Ben sucks! I’m surprised he didn’t have a paperback of Romeo and Juliet fall out of his back jean pocket as he pulled out his divorce papers with pen.. all in tact after putting out that huge fire 

wait.. there’s probably a copy in the lovely cabin

LOL! The writing for Ben has become so embarrassing.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 3

How many x is Ben gonna just psychically rescue a girl from a fire, or cabin, or cabin on fire? Maybe he will replace JJ as town EMT... 

His psychosis might be a hurdle. As well as only having the ESP hero abilities w girls he wants to bang.

• LOL 8
8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

It was funny to me that Ben still wanted to hang out in the cabin after he almost Char-Grilled Claire.  Like that didn't kinda kill the mood of going there to Not-Sign the divorce papers?  

That, and Shawn made the point of saying that it reeked of gasoline.  So I guess Ben wanted to get high?  (Or just a headache and nauseous...)

Is this cabin the Horton cabin on Smith Island, or a different cabin?  I thought it was the same and mentioned to a friend how easily accessible it's now become, when before I thought that you could only reach it by ferry.  I thought that Jan was sneaking around way too easily for needing a ferry, and shouldn't Ben have passed Jan and Chloe on the dock?  (Only Shawn getting there in a police boat made any sense to me.)  But alas, my friend told me that I am wrong, it is indeed a different cabin.  I wondered why the door was moved to the other side... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Nadia was horrible today.  Chloe showed very little emotions. Nadia doesn’t emote well.

It's funny I've seen her on a couple of Crystal Chappell's web shows and I always think she's so much better on them than on Days. I'm not suggesting she turns into Meryl Streep or anything, just saying she's better.

LOL! The writing for Ben has become so embarrassing.

I just do not understand the obsession with this character. Yes he's handsome but my gosh the actor can't act at all! The character is never going to work for me, no matter how many damsels in distress he saves. He's a serial killer! Period.

Yep! Bo loved Billie and Carly, but Hope is the love of his life.

I know this is true as per show cannon but I cannot stand Bo/Hope. Carly will always be my preferred Bo pairing!

• Love 4

In addition to the spin off of Lucas walking around town making snarky comments, I want a spin off of Xander walking around just annoying the sh*t outta most people - especially Julie. Remind me again, isn't it Jack and Jennifer's house? So why does Julie take such ownership of it? "It's MY couch! You ate MY donuts!"

I know it's all to set up Plot! as Dr. Snyder is Very!Suspicious! but Tripp - don't actually follow a doctor into a room with a closed door. They are very likely having a consult with a patient.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Remind me again, isn't it Jack and Jennifer's house? So why does Julie take such ownership of it? "It's MY couch! You ate MY donuts!"

I think she might actually be doing this all over town, and we're only seeing the entitled tip of the harpy iceberg.

"Excuse me, why are you sitting on MY bench in MY Murder Park?"

Edited by Sandman
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1