Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, nollf said:

Rafe is the town's biggest gossip, I swear. Especially when it's sensitive, ongoing-investigation information. Rafe, c'mon man.

How do you suppose he got the nickname "ShutUpRafe!"?

(Okay, only from me, but my point stands.)

Edited by Sandman
  • LOL 13
(edited)

Xander has been a lot of fun lately.  And this show needs fun. In an otherwise boring day, he provided two of the highlights for me.  His little kiss on Nicole's cheek telling her that he wouldn't lead her into temptation again by staying at her house and warning Gwen that if she hurt Jack again, she'd have to face him.  A little hypocritical given what he did to Jack but I'm into this mentor/mentee relationship of theirs.

However, when it comes to potential pairings, my fave so far is Xander/Nicole. 

So Snyder says there's nothing indicating that Kate is blind.  Did she confirm that?  And that means she's lying from the get go instead of getting her sight back later.  And she's lying to her kids.  So dumb.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 13

Sami, do you think Nicole is going to blab to you about a mistake she made when she was wasted? You and Lucas were not drunk. She will find out about you. So easy to judge someone as a slut. Maybe look at yourself first. Henry the Blanket is crawling? Maybe to the washer and dryer.

Why would Dr. Snyder show up at the Horton house? A phone call would be less weird and conspicuous. Unless he is in the neighborhood doing a housecall, there is no need for him to show up.

Gwen, you may have a weird bedfellow in Xander. He and Jack do have some odd sort of friendship that does seem to work and that they genuinely like each other. And yeah, if you do anything to Jack, he will come after you.

Kate's pupils may be moving and she may have been faking blind out of the coma. For Jake? To get back at Gabi? Kate, you are better than this.

Gabi, you do have odd fashion choices for your job.

Yeah, Ava, lie to Rafe about seeing Nicole. It will come back to you at some point.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Kate's pupils may be moving and she may have been faking blind out of the coma. For Jake? To get back at Gabi? Kate, you are better than this.

For sure she’s lying. I’m hoping not to get back at Gabi..but to get back at Jake for being a spineless, lying , flipping asshole.

And what the fuck is wrong with Gabi?  Thinking she’s in love with Stefans bro, just because she couldn’t “have “ him because of his “undying” love for Kate. Then KristenKate breaks up with him and the next day He and Gabi do the nasty and it’s all true love?? Thought she was smarter than that..then again, she IS Rafe’s sister.🤷‍♀️

So I’m all in for Kate screwing with Jake..as long as it’s not for “love”

But, I’d also befine with this storyline ending and Kate getting her revenge another way..if need be.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

that now she's blind at least now she has an excuse for her fashion choices

Lol..still looking like the artist formally known as Prince. Except he pulled it off way better! 
At least Susan’s fashion sense(?) matches her personality!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Sami, do you think Nicole is going to blab to you about a mistake she made when she was wasted? You and Lucas were not drunk. She will find out about you. So easy to judge someone as a slut. Maybe look at yourself first. Henry the Blanket is crawling? Maybe to the washer and dryer.

Ohhh that Sami!! Guess she needs to point finger at someone else since she did the same thing.. twice..and sober at that!

Henry the blanket looks way to small(blanket) to be crawling. It’s almost funny if it weren’t so irritating.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Chellfairy said:

I don’t  understand the teeth though, because didn’t Kristen send her to the dentist and pay a lot of $$ to get her teeth fixed? 

Yes, she did!  And it's driving me crazy because not one of Those Writers can remember their own Plot Points!  And, at the time I was relieved we'd never have to see those stupid teeth again.  

Dr Snyder revealing to Kate that he knew she was faking her blindness was hilarious.  The best laugh I've had all week.  I like that Dr Snyder is both smart and despicable.  

If Kate is faking her blindness just to mess with Jake and Gabi, I love it.  But sorry, I don't buy Kate being so desperate for a man that she can't stand the thought of losing Jake to Gabi.  

Ava lying to Rafe about being a changed person and having no contact with Kristin?  Yes, please.  But didn't they catch Lani helping Kristin to escape because there was camera footage of them leaving that room together?  And the cameras weren't working when Ava went in before KruSan came out?    

Loved Sami and Nicole snarking at each other.

Fun to have Xander and Gwen cross paths.  I hate that we got a couple of scenes of Gwen and Charlie, and then they killed him off with that pointless WhoDunIt.  At least Gwen and Xander may have a chance to get further entangled in each other's lives.  

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

So I’m all in for Kate screwing with Jake..as long as it’s not for “love”

22 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

If Kate is faking her blindness just to mess with Jake and Gabi, I love it.  

Yeah, I hope Kate's faking the blindness because she is pissed and wants to make them squirm for a while, and not because she wants to hold on to Jake. Because, really, Jake is not worth it and I'd hate for Kate to act all desperate & weepy over him.

• Love 9

After a string of great episodes, the past two were not so enjoyable.

Sami was downright gleeful at having information that could destroy Nicole and her marriage. The smirk she displayed as she was laying her cards on the table to Nicole was delightful. That's something the show never seems to remember when trying to make a "Sami clone." Sami, at her core, is just a terrible person who loves to sow chaos, consequences be damned. Sami/Nicole was definitely the highlight of this episode.

I'm not a big fan of the Sami/Allie relationship. The two don't seem to have good chemistry and it pales in comparison to Sami/Marlena, Sami/Will, even Sami/Nicole.

Kate/LK is doing a terrible job with the blindness storyline. Whether she's faking or not, she just seems too lowkey and over it. LK seems over Days in general. Her performances are almost as bad as Chad/BF or Will/CM when they are given material they don't care about. It's sad because most of the performers have actually seemed committed to the material lately, even BF now that Abby/MM is gone. LK really needs a long, extended break.

3 days in a row with Rafe asking questions the audience knows the answers to. Why was this man/character brought back to the show? The countless flashbacks we get per episode fulfill the same function.

If Gwen doesn't want Jack feeling sorry for her and apologizing for her life, why is she constantly giving him new sob stories about her life? Why is a 30-year-old woman trying to "make her father pride?" I've never liked Jack, I like him even less without Jennifer on canvas, and substract another 30 points when this version of Gwen is his main acting partner and connection to the current canvas.

Also, Jack is a pillar of the community? The rapist who's died and came back from the dead several times and ran a mayoral campaign based on racism and xenophobia? Salem's standards have fallen drastically since the days of Marlena, Roman, John, and Mr. and Mrs. Horton being pillars of the community. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Also, Jack is a pillar of the community? The rapist who's died and came back from the dead several times and ran a mayoral campaign based on racism and xenophobia? Salem's standards have fallen drastically since the days of Marlena, Roman, John, and Mr. and Mrs. Horton being pillars of the community. 

Yeah, that was a wtf moment for me. 

• Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Sami was downright gleeful at having information that could destroy Nicole and her marriage. The smirk she displayed as she was laying her cards on the table to Nicole was delightful. That's something the show never seems to remember when trying to make a "Sami clone." Sami, at her core, is just a terrible person who loves to sow chaos, consequences be damned. Sami/Nicole was definitely the highlight of this episode.

Nicole kidnapped her baby and has been hounding her for years so I am team Sami on this one.  

7 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I love Jack but he has never been a pillar of the community.  His redemption has always made him fascinating and beloved by the audience.  However, we have a serial killer who killed 3 women, attempted to kill numerous people and who kidnapped a newborn baby and committed arson as the show's romantic hero so Jack being called a pillar is not that big of a deal when you think about it.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 14
(edited)

I'm still catching up on episodes so I'm a little behind the times, but...

On 5/26/2021 at 9:03 AM, chediavolo said:

You’re not kidding she really is a sight to behold, another plastic surgery victim😳 and she is an absolutely horrible “actress”also

The sad thing is CS was really good back in the day when she was on AMC. Seeing what she's done to herself with surgery is such a shame. :(

On 5/26/2021 at 2:48 PM, RunningMarket said:

Otherwise, kudos to Brady for using the Salem Brain today!

Well, he only gets it once every decade, so he's going to make the most of it while he has it!

Edited by Maelstrom
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

I'm still catching up on episodes so I'm a little behind the times, but...

The sad thing is CS was really good back in the day when she was on AMC. Seeing what she's done to herself with surgery is such a shame. :(

Well, he only gets it once every decade, so he's going to make the most of it while he has it!

He sounds like a cicada.

• LOL 2
21 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Yes, she did!  And it's driving me crazy because not one of Those Writers can remember their own Plot Points! 

If Jack can come back from having his organs given away, and Philip can grow his leg back, anything is possible.

• LOL 15
22 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Dr Snyder revealing to Kate that he knew she was faking her blindness was hilarious.  The best laugh I've had all week.  I like that Dr Snyder is both smart and despicable.  

And she just stupidly revealed that she's faking her amnesia.  Wonder what he'll do with that.  I'm all for a villain that isn't an all powerful big bad (a la Stefano or Orpheus) as they both finally veered into cartoon territory, I only hope he's more clever than he seems.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 5/28/2021 at 1:33 PM, RunningMarket said:

Yes, sorry, I didn't type out my thought properly. Until it was revealed that it was hair dye, I totally thought Dr. Mar-lena Ev-ans stopped to get Susan an ice cream sundae on the way home.

Well she certainly should have! 
may have slowed Susan down instead of sneaking off to see Kristen. 
And how the heck  did she manage that?? jump out a window?

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Chellfairy said:

may have slowed Susan down instead of sneaking off to see Kristen. 
And how the heck  did she manage that?? jump out a window?

It seemed like she just put on Susan's little cardigan thing and walked right out. The Salem PD strikes again!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I am baffled by the people on Twitter already wailing about missing Kristen and that she needs to come back. Seriously its been two days and the character needs a long rest. These same people think she has a future with Brady lol. It's been two months since Sarah was last on screen but I'm over it and ready to ship Xander and Gwen. Such is the nature of Days now. No couple is permanent except Jarlena. Maybe Stayla at last 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I am baffled by the people on Twitter already wailing about missing Kristen and that she needs to come back. Seriously its been two days and the character needs a long rest. These same people think she has a future with Brady lol. It's been two months since Sarah was last on screen but I'm over it and ready to ship Xander and Gwen. Such is the nature of Days now. No couple is permanent except Jarlena. Maybe Stayla at last 

Some people on twitter believe that Cin is the greatest  love story ever told so that tells you all that you need to know..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Kristin “Brady will forgive me he always does. “

Brady “my head is telling me I am making the right decision but my heart “

me “Brady you really are an idiot “

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Such is the nature of Days now. No couple is permanent except Jarlena

Maybe that's why the ratings suck. Why invest in ANYTHING on this show with Ron's ADD? Sure, things need to keep moving and things can branch out, but if there is no real throughline, why bother?

Get invested and then have it vanish.

No wonder I hate watch. Wake me if/when Kristen is pushing up daisies for real. With any luck, she can take Gwen hostage and they can go all Thelma and Louise into hell. Lord knows it's hell watching them.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, tribeca said:

Kristin “Brady will forgive me he always does. “

Brady “my head is telling me I am making the right decision but my heart “

me “Brady you really are an idiot “

SHE ORDERED A HIT ON YOUR SISTER!!! Why is your heart even wavering ?? Isabella would be so so ashamed of this cretin

• Love 13
(edited)

Eric Martsolf is the only redeemable thing about Brady otherwise he's a lost cause(he probably still is but I still manage to find him watchable despite what a joke Brady is tbh). 

I don't even think Jack would believe he's a pillar of the community despite his flaws he seems to own them more than other pillars of the community however this show and soaps in general lack a moral compass so that's not a surprise he would be considered a pillar of the community even if its a joke.

I'm finding Chad/BF a lot more watchable these past couple of episodes.  Probably because they have him outside his bubble for a change. Not sure how long it will last.

Yes I want LK/Kate to take a break this show would be much better off if her and Kristen are long gone never to return.

I enjoy Sami vs Nicole than any of their pairings when it comes right down to it.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 4
On 5/30/2021 at 9:54 AM, peachmangosteen said:

It seemed like she just put on Susan's little cardigan thing and walked right out. The Salem PD 

Ha! Yes, classic Salem PD!
but I meant how in the hell did Susan sneak out of the penthouse!

And Kristen probably could have just walked out of the station on her own, without knocking Susan out. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, brisbydog said:

SHE ORDERED A HIT ON YOUR SISTER!!! Why is your heart even wavering ?? Isabella would be so so ashamed of this cretin

Only thing I can think of is Rachel(is that the kids name)? And any RESPONSIBLE parent would leave that crazy bitch just for that reason! 

• Love 6
(edited)
14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Eric Martsolf is the only redeemable thing about Brady otherwise he's a lost cause(he probably still is but I still manage to find him watchable despite what a joke Brady is tbh). 

I don't even think Jack would believe he's a pillar of the community despite his flaws he seems to own them more than other pillars of the community however this show and soaps in general lack a moral compass so that's not a surprise he would be considered a pillar of the community even if its a joke.

I'm finding Chad/BF a lot more watchable these past couple of episodes.  Probably because they have him outside his bubble for a change. Not sure how long it will last.

Yes I want LK/Kate to take a break this show would be much better off if her and Kristen are long gone never to return.

Sami vs Nicole than any of when it comes right down to it.

All of this, but the bold, for sure 

I like Kate/LK, but they’ve seemed to have flaked her out. 
not truly caring about Jack right now.

Liked how Chad warned them Kristen was talking about escaping..not that it helped. His scenes with Kristen were good.

and

Sami/Nicole are always best when at each other! I am hopeful.

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Love 3
On 5/26/2021 at 2:01 AM, enchantingmonkey said:

Lucas verbally assaulting Brady was awesome.  After being subjected to this ridiculous KruSan storyline for what seems like an eternity, Lucas could have gone on for the entire episode and I would have watched every second of it.  

If my guilty conscience is my dead sister who looks like she's been hanging out in Botox and Fillers Heaven, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be too bothered by that.  

Please let it be EJ at the door so we can get on with this!

knocking.jpg

You’re not kidding she really is a sight to behold, another plastic surgery victim😳 and she is an absolutely horrible “actress”also

Have Kates teeth always been so crooked and rotten looking?!😳

• Love 2

As Jennifer once told her, "You're Kate Freaking DiMera." Why is she desperate to hang on to Jake? (And this is coming from someone who liked that pairing.) It's just so beneath her to act like this. (I felt the same about Gabi acting like this too.)

I also feel Kate's blackmail is tenuous at best. "If you don't keep my secret, I'll try super duper hard to convince a bunch of people that have yet to be convinced about something!"

I wish BD had done a "suck in a bunch of wind and uttered 'oooh'" when he imitating Marlena. 😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Kate turning the extortion tables on Dr. Snyder is not something I knew I needed. I could see them becoming an entertainingly gray alliance. I thought her scenes today were perfectly fun. I'm always down for a good revenge plot. The way she turned on the 'poor little me' voice when Jake came in was straight up hilarious.

Lol at Jack surrounding himself with the *worst* people and then long-suffering through it. It's fun. I'm into it. Give me more houseguest shenanigans. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I never cared much for Jake/Kate or Jake/Gabi and I excepted to be annoyed by this whole story but so far I am enjoying it. LK's voice and demeanor when Jake's around truly is hilarious. I'm down for an unholy Dr. Snyder/Kate alliance as well. It's all very fun. Of course, it'll probably wear out it's welcome, but I'll enjoy it for a bit at least lol.

I fast forwarded the Ava/Rafe scenes. I just don't get it tbh. Ava is only enjoyable to me when she's being evil or bitching with Gabi.

I am obsessed with everyone moving in with Jack. I was sorta hoping Lucas would try it! Xander is SO much more fun to watch now that Sarah is gone. I dread her inevitable return.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am obsessed with everyone moving in with Jack.

Watch out Salem Inn - you've got competition and worse news - Jack's Place is FREE!  😉

• LOL 12
34 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Watch out Salem Inn - you've got competition and worse news - Jack's Place is FREE!  😉

Salem Inn's new marketing campaign: "You may get shot in the doorway, but at least we don't have Julie!"

• LOL 14

I got interrupted so I haven't finished today's episode but I'm going to throw out an unpopular opinion--

Ava and Rafe are not an interesting couple (ok, that's not unpopular) BUT, I think they had one of the best love scenes I've seen on this show in years.  Or at least, it's right up my alley. 

The music wasn't overly loud.  There was no blusish tint overlay. I have always thought Tamara gives great love scene.  I loved the way she put her hand on Rafe's waist to steady herself as she was over him.

It wasn't messy. Or overly crude.  Or overly produced.  I liked it and it's the kind of scene I wish couples I like with chemistry would have. 

• Love 4

So Lucas rightfully is kicked out of the Dimera family house, he never should have been there in first place. Then he goes to ask Sami to move in with her when she herself is living as a guest to  Marlena and John and Brady is there too? 

Is Lucas jobless and can't afford a place to live? He can't go live at Salem Inn? Even Ben has an apartment. Lucas is actually a Horton, go to the boarding house Jack is running.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Is Lucas jobless and can't afford a place to live? He can't go live at Salem Inn? Even Ben has an apartment. Lucas is actually a Horton, go to the boarding house Jack is running.

Lucas is a mooch. And jobless. In the past, his resume lists only jobs that Kate has gotten for him at Titan, Mystic Communication, and Hearth and Home all of which she either owned or whose husband at the time owned (Victor, Stefano). He went to work at Countess W but that was at Sami's behest and when she was in between moving on from Rafe to EJ and before she moved from Rafe to EJ.

• Useful 1

Lucas, find yourself a place to live. Hit up your mom for some cash to stay at the Salem Inn. Marlena and John's ever expanding condo is running out of floor space. You're a Horton and can maybe stay at the Horton House. Maybe Lani and Eli have more space. The last thing you want to do is stay at Marlena's house. All these rich people and none can afford an apartment? We never have to see the place.

Sami, maybe give a crap about your daughter and grandson and spend some time with them instead of trying to get the goods on Nicole. She is suspicious of you too and probably won't take long to figure out you and Lucas have been reconnecting.

Rafe and Ava were okay. They seem to be comfortable with each other and probably are the twuest wuv that ever wuvved. Two adults. Yeah, Nicole is a bit jealous and Gabi won't be happy.

Dr. Snyder, don't mess around with Kate DiMera. She can scheme with the best of them. If she wants to string Jake along as punishment for walking in on him and Gabi, she will eventually lose.

I find it hard to believe that the bottle of whiskey that Xander 'stole' was worth $200. Maybe $30-40 and the additional restaurant markup. It is definitely the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, norcalgal said:

What ever happened to the Martin house that Eli owned?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Lucas isn’t jobless, he has made numerous references to his job since he came back to Salem. He just went on a business trip a few months ago before Sami came back to town, and was always going upstairs to do work or have a business call. He’s just like every other person in Salem (apart from the cops and doctors) and only goes to work about one day a month lol. 

We have barely seen Jake and Chad at DiMera, and Brady, Nicole and Chloe have had like two meetings in the past few months at Basic Black lol. Gabi and Philip are probably the only business type people who have been shown doing any work in the past month heh.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Ava and Rafe are not an interesting couple (ok, that's not unpopular) BUT, I think they had one of the best love scenes I've seen on this show in years.  Or at least, it's right up my alley. 

Dammit, you're making me wanna go back and watch it.

12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Even Ben has an apartment. 

That's because Ben is more important to the show than Lucas.

11 hours ago, tribeca said:

Lani and Eli still need a nanny.  Lucas was so sweet with baby Bonnie. He can take care of the twins in exchange for room and board 

I love this idea lol.

I don't have too much of a problem with Sami living with Marlena since she doesn't actually live in Salem and is just visiting. Brady is staying there because he's injured, which makes sense. But then I also never had much of a problem with so many people living at the Dimera or Kiriakis mansion since they're, you know, mansions. Rich people staying in their families mansions makes sense to me. Why pay rent if you don't have to lol?

• Love 5
On 5/29/2021 at 10:30 PM, RedElf said:

If Jack can come back from having his organs given away, and Philip can grow his leg back, anything is possible.

And NONE of the characters who have had open heart surgery and/or heart transplants even have a hint of a scar!  All of the above bugs me.  Sure, I like Booster Gold shirtless as much as the next girl, but he actually should be covered in scars...

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I find it hard to believe that the bottle of whiskey that Xander 'stole' was worth $200. Maybe $30-40 and the additional restaurant markup. It is definitely the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

My problem with it was that Julie called it a Scotch rye, did she not?  That's... not a thing. 

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but whiskey can be Scotch (whisky) or whiskey can be rye... but it can't be both.  And I agree that it wasn't $200; a 12-year-old bottle of Scotch is usually $80-$100.  

• Love 4