Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E14: Finale, Part 2

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

Ugh..I wanted Kini.  My favorites never win :(...  I like Sean well enough but damn I hate one trick ponies.  Too much fringe.  Everything looked the same to me.

I like Char's but it was ready to wear.  Amanda's was good too but I'm not a fan of her.  I liked Kini's best.  But then that's why I watch on my couch and not in a judge's chair. 

• Love 12

I'm not happy with their choice, but it's done.  The on-screen poll was 57% against Sean  & 43% for him.

I was absolutely impressed, for the FIRST time ever, with what all 4 contestants said when asked why they should win PR. No blathering, no trite "I worked so hard" or "I want to make a better life for my children".  They all spoke honestly and from the heart. Well done. 

I found Emmy Rossum pretty thoughtful & well spoken for an actress judge. I liked her comments.

Honestly, I would wear an Amanda Valentine dress, if I could afford it.  I wouldn't wear anybody else up there, though all of their collections showed well.  They all have a lot to be proud of.

I definitely see Sean as a special occasion designer.  Some of his dresses verged on lingerie, though not in a bad way. I just don't think he was the best overall, from start to finish in the show.

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 5

I didn't care who won but congrats Sean. I thought he OD'd on the fringes but oh well...

I hate to say this because I didn't like Amanda but I related more to her designs. I would wear some of them.

A lot of Char's designs looked like pajamas.

I don't know what happened with Kini but a lot of his designs were boring and just plain meh. Too bad because I liked him.

• Love 3

Wow, I'm pretty disappointed that Amanda didn't win. I thought her collection blew Shawn's fringe looks + cult leader waiting for a comet look away. I didn't think anything he did was all that interesting, certainly not enough to win. I can't believe Nina didn't rake him over the coals for having eight of his ten looks covered in fringe.

Anyway, I especially loved Amanda's two blue dresses and all her jewelry. Char's long dress with the hoodie was also a favorite. Kini had a lot of individual pieces I liked, particularly the dress Zach liked and the white top Heidi loved. The shoulder roll his last model did at he end of the runway was cute, and the chant his aunt gave him made me tear up.

The guest judge was clear, concise, and helpful. They should all be so good.

Poor Amanda. I really think she should have won.

ETA: Char had a great attitude. She knew she wouldn't win but wanted to make the most of the opportunity.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 11

I knew going in that it would come down to Amanda and Sean, just from the way the were raved over by the judges for most of the season. I think Sean is fine, but I am so over all the fringe. It is like an overplayed song where you hear it too much and get sick of it. That is what I feel like with Sean and fringe. 

I have never been a fan of Amanda's aesthetic, so I wasn't wowed by her collection. A lot of the pieces she made I felt I have seen them before by her on the show.

I liked Kini's the best with all the adjustments he made, but my favorites rarely win. I liked the moment at the end with his aunt doing a chant. 

Gee, such a shock that Alexander one fan favorite.

Korina, see how Char, Kini, and Amanda took their being auf'd? Take note.

• Love 8

Sean's was my least favorite but I knew he'd win.  They saw "clean" but I always saw boring and simple.  He won one challenge with fringe and wouldn't let go of it.  I can't say that I went crazy for anyone's.  There were designs from Kini's and Amanda's that I liked, and I did love Char's last minute hoodie dress. 

• Love 4

I'm glad Sean won. His collection was gorgeous and it was hard to take my eyes away. The pieces were cohesive, made sense together and in the order they were presented. He brought the wow.

Amanda's collection was grim and unflattering. The maxis were patchwork gunny sacks, bringing to mind Depression era desperation rather than high fashion. It was nice she designed jewelry, but the pieces she made were trite and would fit in well at Kohl's or Sears.

Kini pulled off a minor miracle. His original collection was much too much. He edited it back and greatly improved the outfits. Not enough to win, but much much better. I would wear several of those pieces if I were younger.

Char, I love her personally and she's come a long way, but the judges were right. She's a good designer of ready to wear. She'll be successful, but shouldn't have won this.

• Love 20

Regarding the poll results, roughly 30% of respondents said that Sean was their favorite designer (or something like that ... I can't remember the question exactly), while about 43% said the judges made the right decision. From that perspective, Sean polled better than would be expected based on his popularity.

• Love 3

I was bored with everything except for Sean's collection.  He's definitely more of an artist and visionary than the other designers.  Yes, he needs to now step FAR AWAY from the fringe for awhile and get into a different technique, but I felt excitement when his looks walked the runway tonight.  

I was so disappointed with Kini's collection. I had been rooting for him all season long, and that finale was such a snoozefest (to use a favorite term of Heidi's). And what was with that final dress? The triangle on the vagina, the ruffly shoulders, the fish tail...all in demin! Yikes!

I know a lot of people liked Amanda's collection, and while I have grown to like her as a person, I was just BORED with her outfits.

Char...well, she seems nice and all, but we all know she didn't belong in the final 4. 

Tim and the judges going on and on about this being the best group of designers just rang so false to me. 

Edited by Zima
  • Love 13

Shut up, Emmy-whoever-you-are. Here's a clue - when you are a one-shot guest judge on the finale of a show where the other judges have been there all season, you should not be the one doing the most talking, either to or about the designers. The look of strained patience on Heidi and Nina's faces every time you opened your mouth should have been quite apparent.

Congrats to Sean. After seeing the first part of the finale, I had a feeling he was going to be the winner. I actually think Nina kind of liked the fact that he didn't give in to her criticism of the fringe. It's always a crap shoot whether she is going to decide that not taking her advice is being strong and true to one's own aesthetic, or stupidly and tastelessly ignoring her golden words. Sean was lucky he guessed right.

I am of the opinion that "elegant Bohemian" is an oxymoron. Amanda's collection looked cohesive but dull to me. Why do I get the feeling that Zac was strongly suggesting she make jewelry design her focus, not clothing?

Good luck Kini and Char. Char was destined for fourth place and everyone, including Char, I think, knew it. I feel badly for Kini, who had a legitimate shot, but somehow never quite connected with whatever it was the judges wanted from him until the last day, and then it was too little too late.

• Love 9

I'm glad that Sean won--I thought that his collection had more of a "wow" factor and was more polished. I thought that the fringe was playful and I liked the movement it provided. I would have placed Amanda's second. I think that she is very skilled but her aesthetic just doesn't appeal to me. Her clothes were so dark and just looked heavy.

• Love 9

So glad Amanda didn't win. She grates to no end and I wasn't impressed by her collection or the jewelry. Meh. I'm sure she'll show up on a future All-Stars so I'll be subjected to her endless talking heads...again.

I am glad Sean won. He needs to grow beyond the fringe, but the collection looked beautiful on the runway. Kini was a close second. I really love his clothes. 

Char...sweet Char. I am happy for her. She seems like such a good person. Not the most innovative designer, but she was a refreshing contestant on this show -- humble, hard-working and kind. It's nice to see that rewarded for a change.

• Love 6

I wasn't crazy about any of the collections but I really wanted Kini's to win. I found it annoying that the judges seemed to think being a fast seamstress is a negative quality; it was almost like they couldn't have a winner who sews fast.

Sean's had too much fringe and his Ceasar story sounded good in Rome but seemed kind of silly on a NY runway. Amanda's was boring to me and Char just isn't ready for the big leagues.

• Love 10

Didn't have a favorite in this so I can't say I'm disappointed. Didn't like Amanda's clothing but I'd wear the jewelry.

I thought Kini's final outfit looked 'off'. With the different color fabric in the front, and where it was placed, it looked like the model was wearing her underwear on the outside of the dress.

I liked the loopy blue dress that Char made but I'd have to be 100 years younger than I am and weigh 12 pounds in order to successfully wear it.

Sean. . Fringe. My cats try to save me from my shoe laces. Fringe would send us all over the edge.

• Love 8

Most talented group of designers ever? Oh, Tim Gunn. Have you no self respect? I actually was sure Amanda would win (and I think she thought so, too) because they didn't mention her shortcomings the way they did for everyone else.

They all had major fit issues. Char insisted on that hideous turquoise number that pulled so badly across the model's abdomen. I liked Kini's pleated denim dress but it was way too big, especially on top. And that truly hideous gown that came out last was so oversized in the shoulders that it made the model look like a pinhead.

I think Sean won because his orange fringe gown looked so beautiful against his model's skin tone. I'm not sure anybody else could pull that color off so well.

Heidi looked gorgeous.

• Love 8

I am of the opinion that "elegant Bohemian" is an oxymoron. Amanda's collection looked cohesive but dull to me. Why do I get the feeling that Zac was strongly suggesting she make jewelry design her focus, not clothing?

I did like the blues Amanda used in her clothing, but that was about it. Her aesthetic doesn't mesh well with mine, but there is a market for it.

I thought the same thing about Zac's comment regarding the jewelry she designed. Didn't Zac say that last week too, or was it Heidi? I think Amanda should consider designing jewelry. I think she has an eye for it.

I've complained about Amanda's clothing aesthetic, but I actually don't mind her jewelry. I think it's nice. I don't wear much jewelry, but I'd probably buy a piece or two of hers.

Edited by Surrealist

Oh wow...I'm just so underwhelmed.

Congrats to Sean for his win, I can't say too much against it - nice collection, understood the story, the fringe orange dress and silk orange dress were the wows of the bunch.  However, a thousand times yes I have to agree with Zac, it was very Muppety.  I just hope that the next collection he does isn't a homage to Legos or Barbie.  I can see him actually having a ready to wear collection for both men and women, and doing the high fashion couture deal, he's certainly talented enough. 

Amanda will no doubt be a brand, I can see that happening - in fact with all the top four, they've all got a lot to offer.  I can see Char designing for a store brand, and in fact that's what she should do.  Kini, who was my fave out of the four, will go far as well.  His aunt chanting to him made me cry.  What a beautiful loving family he has, he's so lucky.  So happy he 'youthed' up his final runway - but as is my complaint every season not every design has to be for some 18 year old, looking at you Ms Garcia.  His designs really run into all ages of a woman and I really appreciate that, and frankly I can see a larger woman in his designs as well.  

As soon as Tim said his words about 'this is the most talented bunch of designers blah blah blah' I wanted to slap him hard.  Oh Tim, I know you are obligated to say that kind of crap, we all know it.  Thank heavens he's not related to Pinocchio or his nose would be rivaling the Grand Canyon for length.  I think that steaming pile of manure called Under The Gunn really has sapped his fashion soul.  He's spread too thin and needs to scale back on appearances or the seasons of PR or something.  

Well now I can say it to everybody here since there's a chosen winner and the runway has shown - I still think that Sandhya had the best show, decoy or not.  It was innovative and fresh and new, and I hope anyone that kept themselves unspoiled takes a look at it.  I think that's what kinda has bummed me out. I know in my heart that she deserved to go home when she did, but what a shame.   

• Love 11

I wasn't a fan of Sean's all season, but I did like his collection and thought it looked luxurious and well-made. When it came down the runway, I was sure he would win. What Kini did in the last 2 days was better than what he presented to the judges last week, but it was still largely denim and I just don't think there's a place for that at Fashion Week. I liked many of his pieces, but overall it did not stand up to what Sean and Amanda did. I felt a little sorry for Amanda, but she wasn't the only one who was disappointed. There can only be one winner. I'm not a fan of Char's stuff. In fact, today Lifetime ran all the episodes from this season and she was like a broken record saying the same thing about every look she designed, "clean and sleek" but nothing she designed looked clean or sleek to me. She has a good spirit, but I don't think she deserved the spot at Fashion Week. It was like a pity move from Tim and the judges.

One thing that surprised me was that Heidi was pretty much making a disclaimer on these designers. Here we have Tim Gun stating that they're the most talented group he's ever worked with, which we know is not true just based on past seasons of PR, and then Heidi gets up and tells the audience that they only had a month to design and make their clothes. It was like she was saying, "Don't expect too much." Then when it came to judging, Zac and Nina, who had been very cutting all season, are suddenly going out of their way to find good things to say about each one. I do think that it's nice that they, for once, were encouraging and constructive instead of outright mean, but it felt phony after what we have witnessed all season from them.

I liked the guest judge.  Hers were the only comments that I really believed. It's been a pretty disappointing season. It really looked to me like Heidi was afraid of being embarrassed by the designers and I can only say in response to that that they should choose better designers and give them more time. Only choose 3 to show at Fashion Week and give them more money and more time to construct their collections.

• Love 6

Amanda's collection was so strong and sharply styled.  She was the clear winner AFAIC. 

A skinny white young dude, this time with an accent: total catnip for the judges and producers.  I just can't get hot over Sean's imagination-free exploitation of a micro-trend.  I don't think 'fringe almost everything' is what a good designer does; Leann Marshall's s. 5 'waves' collection was amazing and the way a designer could inject a particular idea into a particular bit of craft but in a varied way: each of her 'wave' skirts showed variations that differed from her wedding and bridesmaid gowns; there was design there.  Sean's fringe was the exact same heft/width, in different colors and attached in different places.  It was an add-on, and not integral to the design of at least half of the pieces where he sewed on fringe.  It's too bad.

I feel for Kini but thought he was just uninspired and may have a real struggle to generate concepts and ideas that will lead to great design.  Char should be proud of herself - I think she's really genuinely good at problem-solving under intense time and other pressures, and I think she managed to inject a pretty cool vibe into her somewhat lackluster already-in-the-stores RTW-style collection.  The wrinkling of the underlayer of that aqua dress drove me mad, but I was still happy for Char and I hope big opportunities come her way, and that she can thrive financially as a designer.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 12

Meh... not thrilled with Sean as the winner... there was just sooo much fringe... so much! It was over kill for me and definitely felt like a car wash! But Amanda's collection was my least favorite. Nothing had any shape, it was all just bags with different kinds of sleeves.

I agreed with all of Heidi's criticism of Char's looks. She had some good looks and a few misses- like that last white look. But overall, I liked Char's looks much better than Amanda... and I definitely think she did well enough that all of the "she doesn't deserve to be here" stuff is wrong. I think her collection, while not the best, wasn't some tragedy of fashion and as good as any of the other finalists we've seen in past seasons.

I liked Kini's looks the best, even if a few of them had a few issues. I agree that the crotch triangle on the final dress was a little much... but he had a lot of really interesting pieces. Seeing them walk definitely was more interesting than just the photos.

Overall, this season was kind of a drag.... there wasn't anything amazing, and like usual, the winner wouldn't have been my choice... but so long S13... time for something new!

• Love 10

I thought Sean's collection was very studenty. The drippy red fringe for blood was ridiculously literal. And he kept saying things like "This is about the betrayal of Ceasar" followed by "I wanted to create a light and playful feeling". Becase that's totally how bretayal feels!

I would have picked Amanda, because I thought her brand was more complete and can see where she wants to go with it. Still, Sean's a reasonable choice. I hope things work out for him.

Kini - I hope he gets a hundred job offers out of this. I would hire him in a heartbeat. He would be a dream to work with. And I hope he gets over his denim obsession. I think if he'd used real fabric he'd have gotten a different response to his garments. Yes, it's amazing what he can do with denim - but it doesn't inspire people to think, "Oh I want to wear that."

Char - good luck to her! She seems like a good person and I wish her success.

I will -not- be watching the reunion.

Edited by Merneith
  • Love 5

Oh wow...I'm just so underwhelmed.

Congrats to Sean for his win, I can't say too much against it - nice collection, understood the story, the fringe orange dress and silk orange dress were the wows of the bunch.  However, a thousand times yes I have to agree with Zac, it was very Muppety.  I just hope that the next collection he does isn't a homage to Legos or Barbie.  I can see him actually having a ready to wear collection for both men and women, and doing the high fashion couture deal, he's certainly talented enough. 

Amanda will no doubt be a brand, I can see that happening - in fact with all the top four, they've all got a lot to offer.  I can see Char designing for a store brand, and in fact that's what she should do.  Kini, who was my fave out of the four, will go far as well.  His aunt chanting to him made me cry.  What a beautiful loving family he has, he's so lucky.  So happy he 'youthed' up his final runway - but as is my complaint every season not every design has to be for some 18 year old, looking at you Ms Garcia.  His designs really run into all ages of a woman and I really appreciate that, and frankly I can see a larger woman in his designs as well.  

As soon as Tim said his words about 'this is the most talented bunch of designers blah blah blah' I wanted to slap him hard.  Oh Tim, I know you are obligated to say that kind of crap, we all know it.  Thank heavens he's not related to Pinocchio or his nose would be rivaling the Grand Canyon for length.  I think that steaming pile of manure called Under The Gunn really has sapped his fashion soul.  He's spread too thin and needs to scale back on appearances or the seasons of PR or something.  

Well now I can say it to everybody here since there's a chosen winner and the runway has shown - I still think that Sandhya had the best show, decoy or not.  It was innovative and fresh and new, and I hope anyone that kept themselves unspoiled takes a look at it.  I think that's what kinda has bummed me out. I know in my heart that she deserved to go home when she did, but what a shame.   

Sandhya really did have the best collection of the lot.

I'm surprised I'm so disappointed on Amanda's behalf. She's ok, I don't love her or hate her. And her clothes are not my style, though I would wear that shorter blue dress and her jewelry in a heartbeat. But of the four, I thought her collection was so much better than the others.  Sean's was boring. Even worse, it came off as pandering.

Oh well. I'm out for the next PR go around because I can not stand Helen.

• Love 7

I was happy with the finale.  I thought the top three all did some great looks in their collections and some that missed the mark.  What put me over the top in wanting a Sean win was his rain dress.  I thought, and still think, that was the most spectacular look ever shown in Project Runway.  Beautiful, surprising, fun.  Just lovely - so, Congratulations Sean!

• Love 6
She's ok, I don't love her or hate her. And her clothes are not my style, though I would wear that shorter blue dress and her jewelry in a heartbeat. But of the four, I thought her collection was so much better than the others.

I think those long maxi dresses...maybe if there was some editing in the number of panels in the long brown and black I would have liked it more.  I do like that she's creative enough to think up her own jewelry, I hope she sticks with that.  I really liked the necklace she was wearing.  

Oh leighdear - if you're in, I'm in.  If for no other reason than to snark on Helen.  And see my lovely Mr March again.    

• Love 4

Well, this Finale had it all, didn't it? The good, the bad, and the ugly, the sublime and the ridiculous. ( Just kidding, it was actually pretty predictable.)

The Good: Amanda and Kini's collections. Wouldn't wear anything of Amanda's - and that means her jewelry too, but...it was cohesive, well thought out and somewhat original. Kini's, I loved, but yeah, it was a bit too muchy muchy stiff, dark denim for me.

Amanda's polite, patrician family's body language when they congratulated her seemed to me like, "That's nice you came in second, dearie... Well, at least your brother is a rock star." So, that raised a dry smile...

The bad: Char. So much clearance rack potential. At Sears.

The Ugly: Korinna's mug as she grimaced her way through Char's runway show. Can't wait for the reunion, y'all! *eyeroll*

The Sublime: Okay, okay...I get Sean now. The collection was lyrical, fanciful, and...Editorial. The minute I heard that word spill from Ninagarcia's mouth, I knew he'd won.

The Ridiculous: Zac Pozen's hair. I was mesmerized by the way his forehead now extends all the way to his fontenal, and that comb-forward ain't doin' you no favors, honey. 

SEACREST OUT!

• Love 8

The shoulder roll his last model did at he end of the runway was cute, and the chant his aunt gave him made me tear up.

Oh yeah... Kini's aunt made me cry. It was just the sweetest thing, that family group hug and then his aunt giving him a "closure" chant. That was really beautiful.

Kini can certainly say he gave it his all. I mean, I don't think anyone revamped their collection as much as he had to, and he did a terrific job. 

I liked some of each designer's looks, so for me it turned out to be kind of a "I don't really mind who wins or loses" kind of thing. There was no one I was rooting for so hard that I was mad someone else won. I would have been happy for any of them. (I do think I would have been surprised if Char had won, though at times it seemed like her edit in tonight's episode was leaning toward a surprise win, with her talking about how hard she'd worked and how far she'd come, and showing all the positive clips of the judges talking up her looks.)

• Love 5

I love Kini; I think he's adorable and he's a consummate craftsman, but I H A T E D his collection. I liked some parts here and there, but I don't think there was one total outfit I liked and I abhored that one heavy black denim strapless dress with the gigantor ruffle that looked like a bed skirt.

I almost cried for Amanda; I really wanted her to win. I'm not upset that Sean won, but for me it was just too much fringe. I said last week though that I thought if PR stayed true to form it was time for a male winner and I knew it was not going to be Kini. Starting with season 5, it has been girl winner, girl winner, boy winner and they couldn't stray from the format. Surprised myself by being sad it was all over and then realized I'm sad cause the show's just not that good anymore. Not that I can give it up or anything; I'll need a 12-step for that.

Was scared for a minute or two that Char was going to win so she could complete the Tim redemption arc that never quite came off this season. So for that reason, and the fact that I just don't think her designs are anything special, I'm glad she finished fourth.

Leighdear, I'm all in for All Stars UNLESS it begins to look like Helen is going to win.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 6

What a snoozefest. I lost interest once all the designers with the interesting collections turned out to be decoys. I had a suspicion that Heidi was going to give Sean the "Anya treatment" when she wore his dress to the creative Emmys and sang his praises before the challenge even aired. I wondered then if he was this season's anointed one. I found his collection very one note, but then again, I wasn't impressed with the final four so there's that.

• Love 1

Shut up, Emmy-whoever-you-are. Here's a clue - when you are a one-shot guest judge on the finale of a show where the other judges have been there all season, you should not be the one doing the most talking, either to or about the designers. The look of strained patience on Heidi and Nina's faces every time you opened your mouth should have been quite apparent.

She's insufferable to me in every talk show/real thing that I've seen her in and tonight was no exception. Casually comparing Amanda to "DVF" (gag.) Telling Sean with fake earnestness to "remember how you feel at this moment because it will propel you to the top." Child, please. As if you've ever designed - or even sewn - anything in your life.

And speaking of obnoxious name dropping, at some point Nina compared someone (I think Amanda, again), to "Stella when she was designing for Chloe."

I didn't mind Amanda all season long but the last few weeks she bugged. I think it's because early on, she took the tone of the sadder-but-wiser former contestant who was given a shot of redemption. These past few weeks she still had that slightly world-weary been-there-done-that tone....but she hadn't been there and done that before so it came off as inauthentic. 

That said, I did feel for her when she put on a good face for her family at first, and then started to cry.

What an underwhelming group of finalists. I guess I wanted Kini to win but I think these all would have been middling contestants in the show's stronger seasons a few years ago.

• Love 3

I liked Sean's collection the least.  I liked Sini's the next least (although I like him the MOST!).  

I think Amanda was the clear winner.

But I guess I knew Sean was going to win.

And Nina?  Just.  Hate.

• Love 2

Mumbles! Yes, gag is right.

I seriously doubt we'll ever hear of Sean Kelly after the dust settles from this finale. I mean, I don't hear anything of Seth Aaron and he's won TWO of these things.

Christian's the only one who's had an obvious post show career in fashion. Of course, I bought one of his knit blazers at Sam's Club for 14.00 and he's hosting that awful Project Runway Junior so I'm not sure what all that means.

I know Rami and Chloe have their own shops and Michael Costello (bless him) is designing red carpet for big stars, but except for Chloe, they weren't winners. This show's just not a launchpad like Heidi originally probably thought it might be.

Edited by PepperMonkey
  • Love 1

I was meh about every finalist, except for Char. I would have been pissed if Char had won. She's designing for herself. She even styled her models to look like her. Char has always struck me as a less talented and less connected Diane von Furstenburg.

I didn't care either way who won between Sean and Amanda.

It's impressive that Mini made an entire collection out of denim and neoprene. However, he needs to challenge himself more because his default setting is drag.

• Love 1

What bummed me about Kini's collection was that even when they went back to Mood for more fabric, it looked like he just bought more dark material. Even if it was chiffon or some "lighter" textured fabric, it was still very dark in color. I was worried for him that it wouldn't help him uplift his too serious collection enough to win. 

• Love 3

She's insufferable to me in every talk show/real thing that I've seen her in and tonight was no exception. Casually comparing Amanda to "DVF" (gag.) Telling Sean with fake earnestness to "remember how you feel at this moment because it will propel you to the top." Child, please. As if you've ever designed - or even sewn - anything in your life.

And speaking of obnoxious name dropping, at some point Nina compared someone (I think Amanda, again), to "Stella when she was designing for Chloe."

I didn't mind Amanda all season long but the last few weeks she bugged. I think it's because early on, she took the tone of the sadder-but-wiser former contestant who was given a shot of redemption. These past few weeks she still had that slightly world-weary been-there-done-that tone....but she hadn't been there and done that before so it came off as inauthentic. 

That said, I did feel for her when she put on a good face for her family at first, and then started to cry.

What an underwhelming group of finalists. I guess I wanted Kini to win but I think these all would have been middling contestants in the show's stronger seasons a few years ago.

Who's Stella and Chloe?

SEAN??? His was my least favorite collection, I thought the shiny fabric was cheap looking, & there was just too much fringe. I am very disappointed. My favorite collection was definitely Kini, I loved the shorts & top, & the dresses, & the crop top & slacks. Amanda was my 2nd favorite, I thought the collection was cohesive & really put her point of view forward. Char was just meh, I liked the black/white 2 piece, but the shorts on the romper made in the fabric from Rome was still too short & tight. 

I'm so disappointed.

Amanda was robbed!!! I don't even like her, but she had the best collection in HD, and it wasn't close. 

Kini's was horrible and boring, would it kill him to use some kind of color?? He also casted some of the most hideous bone stick models.

His finale look with the shoulders and the fish tail and the panty looking V thing on the front was the worst thing on the runway tonight, and that's including all of Char's cheap looking stuff.

And shut up Tim Gunn, this group wasn't anything close to the best designers ever. Stop saying non sense.

Edited by blaase
  • Love 7

This season was a disappointment for me because I never had a clear favorite. I do think it was amazing that they pulled together their collections in such a short time, and I was relieved that Char's wasn't too bad, because I feared for her. Tim seems worn out and kind of grumpy and confused to me. I think he needs a long vacation.

I hope I never have to see or hear those Mary Kay or Aldo commercials again.

• Love 2

This was my first season back since the Anya Apocalypse, and I agree that the talent pool was not the best in PR history from what I remember of the first 8 seasons.  But what I did like is that the 4 finalists refrained from personal attacks, petty bull, and generalized bitchiness in the last days of Fashion Week.  Yeah, there was snark on designs and skill level, but I didn't walk away thinking anyone had a real personal beef with anyone else.  Even Sean, who threw the most criticism at Char's skills, I don't that think he'd say she was a bad person, just not as far along in skill/style (and on fitting skill, that is objectively true).  And as much as Amanda annoyed me at the start of the season, by the end of it, I didn't mind her so much, mostly because of that same attitude...she came to do her thing well, and not somebody else's.  Maybe my opinion will change next week after the reunion, but I really think it was a great plus that Korina didn't make it to the end.  Hell, she could have ended up Wendy Pepper'ing someone's personal photos.

• Love 4