Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E14: Finale, Part 2

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

Also, is Amanda pregnant? Or does she just dress as though she is? I wish she would wear something that looked a little more stylish and less like a potato sack and also maybe brush her hair.

I liked her collection well enough, but yes.  I really strongly noticed how badly she dressed for her runway show!  This is the biggest day of your fashion career.  All I could think was "Biatch!  (Farmer Biatch!)  What the F are you wearing!"

• Love 2

Oh, and I still miss Michael Kors' snark - his comments were priceless!!   :-)

I miss him too, someone posted a video of his top comments and it was so damn funny.  I know his official reason for leaving the show was that he had to focus on his own collection, but I wonder if he didn't see this ship sinking and decided to jump ship

• Love 2

The poet Allen Ginsberg once said, "You have many writers who have preconceived ideas about what literature is supposed to be, and their ideas seem to exclude that which makes them most charming in private conversation."

That, I think, is why Kini and Amanda didn't win.

When the judges encourage you to make your work more "sophisticated" or "young," you can do one of two things: (a) try to imagine what the judges mean when they use that term and play to it, or (b) determine what *you* think sophistication and youth means and marry it to your own vision, which is an extension of your own personality.

Amanda and Kini, I think, did more of the former and not enough of the latter.

It's tough, because you're in a competition and ultimately, it's not about who is the "best designer": it's about who the judges thought won the day or deserves the prize. So the judges are ... well, the judges. Creativity is a formidably hard balancing act between your own vision and voice, what the market has seen before and will support, what the mentors and the judges think, mercurial tastes and trends, and how stressed out or good you happen to feeling that day.

If it were easy, more people would be trying it. Congratulations to Sean.

• Love 2

Amanda was my favorite. I would have worn every single thing and her jewelry was fabulous. I can't belie she lost to that orange crap. Orange and fringe, yeah that's wearable..not. all I could think of with Kinis was Britney spears and Justin Timberlake wearing matching denim to

some awards show or other. Just awful.

I liked her collection well enough, but yes.  I really strongly noticed how badly she dressed for her runway show!  This is the biggest day of your fashion career.  All I could think was "Biatch!  (Farmer Biatch!)  What the F are you wearing!"

It was just another example of how she thinks unflattering potato sacks are the friggin height of fashion. Amanda's "girl" daydreams about living through the dust bowl era.

• Love 5

While I know they have "cohesion" pounded into them for the final show, I just didn't like the fringe. Although fringe looks good with all the movement, it's just not wearable unless you have the perfect event. To me, Sean is nothing more than a one trick pony. Plus, I don't think I would want to wear something that reminds me that I have to get my car washed. We have one car wash that has the blue fringe cleaners and on the other side of town there's one that has orange. That's all I can think of when I see his designs. .

Where I think Tim led him astray - or where maybe he went astray interpreting what Tim said - was dropping the garments in the other fabric completely. Personally, I thought that the sameness of the fringe and shiny fabric (which I read as cheap) created a more one-dimensional collection than it needed to be. Including, and maybe tweaking, a couple of the others might have reduced some of the satiny oneness without totally destroying the overall cohesiveness.

Edited by RealityCowgirl

I actually like Amanda, but damn, she did not deserve that second place spot. It should have Sean and Kini in there. Although Kini wasn't necessarily the most innovative, he really went outside his comfort zone on his collection and his clothes looked slick and cool. He really took the judges criticisms to heart when they said his three pieces looked too "old lady".

I am happy with Sean winning but mostly because I think there is no such thing as too much fringe. Or feathers. Or glitter. (pssssst I am actually a unicorn on a Lisa Frank folder. Don't tell anyone)

• Love 6

Char actually did win.  In all 13 seasons, she was the least deserving to show at Fashion Week.

But she got that platform.  So good for her.

I totally agree with this.  She was pushed down my throat every week, and an awful lot of talking head time was devoted to her (which I could thankfully fast forward through).  I think TPTB get caught up in their power trips and forget that this is supposed to be entertainment.

• Love 2

Oh wow...I'm just so underwhelmed.

Congrats to Sean for his win, I can't say too much against it - nice collection, understood the story, the fringe orange dress and silk orange dress were the wows of the bunch.  However, a thousand times yes I have to agree with Zac, it was very Muppety.  I just hope that the next collection he does isn't a homage to Legos or Barbie.  I can see him actually having a ready to wear collection for both men and women, and doing the high fashion couture deal, he's certainly talented enough. 

Amanda will no doubt be a brand, I can see that happening - in fact with all the top four, they've all got a lot to offer.  I can see Char designing for a store brand, and in fact that's what she should do.  Kini, who was my fave out of the four, will go far as well.  His aunt chanting to him made me cry.  What a beautiful loving family he has, he's so lucky.  So happy he 'youthed' up his final runway - but as is my complaint every season not every design has to be for some 18 year old, looking at you Ms Garcia.  His designs really run into all ages of a woman and I really appreciate that, and frankly I can see a larger woman in his designs as well.  

As soon as Tim said his words about 'this is the most talented bunch of designers blah blah blah' I wanted to slap him hard.  Oh Tim, I know you are obligated to say that kind of crap, we all know it.  Thank heavens he's not related to Pinocchio or his nose would be rivaling the Grand Canyon for length.  I think that steaming pile of manure called Under The Gunn really has sapped his fashion soul.  He's spread too thin and needs to scale back on appearances or the seasons of PR or something.  

Well now I can say it to everybody here since there's a chosen winner and the runway has shown - I still think that Sandhya had the best show, decoy or not.  It was innovative and fresh and new, and I hope anyone that kept themselves unspoiled takes a look at it.  I think that's what kinda has bummed me out. I know in my heart that she deserved to go home when she did, but what a shame.   

I agree to all of the above. Sandhya's runway show was so exciting and cool, and I wish she'd shown that level of taste during the season instead of her garish clown gear. And Tim -- honey, I will always love you (cue the Dolly version) but I just can't with that statement. 

I'm so disappointed in this season. Not furious about it á la Gretchen winning, but disappointed. I'm bummed Kini wasn't able to pull it off, though I loved several pieces in his collection and thought for sure it would be between him and Sean. I didn't like any of Amanda's looks ... the silhouettes were too weird, I just feel like you have to be a runway model to pull any of it off, and I never can fully appreciate a whole line of clothes like that. I loved Sean's runway show -- it really was a SHOW with a capital S, loved the color transitions and just about every piece was a wow moment. The movement of the garments was spectacular. BUT I have severe doubts that he's not a one-way monkey. If he'd pulled the fringe out of nowhere for his final collection I would have been a lot more impressed. I'm not sure he should've won Project Runway based on the fact that his final fringe collection was a continuation of everything he'd been doing during the season. He didn't show any evolution ... ESPECIALLY since it was the exact same fringe he'd used on the Heidi dress. If he'd done fringey effects like Justin did with his final pipette dress, or like Laura Bennett did with her beaded fringe, I might be singing a different tune. But it was the same damn fringe. With that said, his runway collection was the best of the four.

I'd wear any of Amanda's jewelry and I too think Zac was subtly trying to push her in that direction. I second it. That jewelry is great and anyone can wear it.

I was sorely disappointed it wasn't Kini, though given his final look I can't blame the judges. If there was ever a Vagina Superhero eveningwear challenge (complete with cape and V emphasis on her ladybits) he had that one in the bag. I teared up when his aunt sang him the Hawaiian chant at the end. 

I love Char and think she could be very successful as a RTW, store brand designer, but she should not have been showing in the Project Runway finals. 

• Love 1

Well now I can say it to everybody here since there's a chosen winner and the runway has shown - I still think that Sandhya had the best show, decoy or not.  It was innovative and fresh and new, and I hope anyone that kept themselves unspoiled takes a look at it.  I think that's what kinda has bummed me out. I know in my heart that she deserved to go home when she did, but what a shame.

Agree. Even if she'd gone in one of her nuttier directions at least she'd have made something memorable.  I wish both she and Emily had made it to the end.

All four finale collections were dull.  I suppose Sean's was the most polished - I liked the white draped toga dress and the final orange fringed dress - but they just all looked like variations on the same dress. Amanda's stuff did nothing for me, but it looked like a runway collection.  Kini's collection was my least favorite - everything looked stiff, unflattering to the body and uncomfortable to wear. Even the judges' main compliment for him was how FAST he sewed everything. "Look what he did in a day and a half!" Being fast with your construction seems to be what the Lifetime era PR has rewarded designers for consistently. 

I've slipped a few seasons...but I still think Jay McCarroll's work was some of the best this show ever produced.

Still the best finale collection ever, IMO.

I'll be watching All-Stars for Chris March.  Big nix on Threads.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 1

So moving forward from this season, what exactly is supposed to be our takeaway?

"Respect the Power of the Fringe"?

Because that's all I'm getting from their decision this season.  Next season, will it be "Respect the Power of the Snood" or "Respect the Power of the Merkin" if contestants continually churn out those same items over & over? 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2

The judges had a tough decision between Sean and Amanda.  I was kind of hoping that both would win.  Emmy Rossum (clearly a real watcher of the show) described the choice very well, I thought:  the distinct new voice versus the big brand potential.  But I also think that age, as usual, was a factor here.  If Sean were 44 instead of 24, I bet Amanda would have won.

Having said that, I thought Sean's theme and delivery of his collection were fantastic.  I may be alone in this but I thought the idea of "Caesar's betrayal" was brilliant, mainly because Sean portrayed the rise and murder of Caesar through the clothing in such an interesting and creative way.  The colors, the fabrics, the combinations of colors and fringe, the fact that sometimes the fringe looked like orange blood on the white toga-like drapery . . . amazing.  Sean can also do architectural design that doesn't rely on fringe -- like the top in the opening look, or the top he designed and Kini executed in one of the challenges, or the all-white outfit that he won for in another challenge -- so I don't think he is a one-trick pony.

And having said that, I still loved Amanda's collection and I want to wear her dresses, jewelry and tunics (did not like the odd vests she used).  But I think that Amanda got great exposure through this show and hope that she'll expand her design business without the P.R. prize package.  

Kini was the season's MVP, but his collection disappointed, even after the revamp.  Too one-note.  But he has P.R.'s all-time best aunt.  That chant she sang in the waiting room after Kini was auf'd was beautiful and fitting and sent shivers down my spine.  They should bring her back to sing to the losing contestants at the end of every season.  Heck, they should have her sing the chant after every presidential election.

As for Char . . . sigh.  She should have gone home before the finale and everyone knows it.  Her collection was several tiers lower than the other 3 contestants.  Emily should have been selected over Char.  I really love Char's personality, and I love it that a Detroit gal made it so far, and I hope that she gets a lot of business from this show, but still it was a waste of a Fashion Week runway.

ETA: 

Detroit has a terrific Christmas Parade every Thanksgiving and if anyone from Detroit is on a competition show (American Idol last year...with the person not even close to being a finalist) they get to ride in a car or on a float. It's pretty cool and yes, it's very small townish but very sincere.

This is awesome, stafford.  Thanks for sharing.

Edited by EyesGlazed
  • Love 3

I still don't understand why women would want to wear Amanda's designs when none of them are flattering.  Sure, they look very comfortable, but then so do sweatpants.  

Sweatpants are more flattering to a woman's body than any of Amanda's dull sacks.  Most of her models looked like they had huge hips because that was where the dresses widened - just what every woman wants to look like. 

This season was terribly uncreative.  PR needs to be overhauled and they need to give the designers more time all the way through to Fashion Week.  It's just a tacky "reality" show now that has very little to do with fashion and even less to do with design.

• Love 10

Ha, my father always said he never trusted a person that always kept their hands in their pockets. He felt they had something to hide.

I do think Char will be treated with respect in Detroit and I think that's great. Detroit has a terrific Christmas Parade every Thanksgiving and if anyone from Detroit is on a competition show (American Idol last year...with the person not even close to being a finalist) they get to ride in a car or on a float. It's pretty cool and yes, it's very small townish but very sincere. Char may not be headed to a big fashion house but I loved her story and I love Detroit.

I am from Detroit and the Thanksgiving day parade used to be huge in the 50's when the downtown area was in its prime.  It went up Jefferson and ended at Hudsons.  Not sure where it began.  It was televised, too.  It was a big deal.  We went one year and decided it was more fun to watch on TV! .  :>)

And the fugly shoes!  Good God, deliver us from the fugly shoes.

And before Fade, there were the Choose Life tee shirts of the 80's.  

and the punk t-shirts of the seventies, and the keep on truckin' t-shirts of the sixties.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 1

And before Fade, there were the Choose Life tee shirts of the 80's.  And if having words on clothing is ripping from Fade, then Sandaya has been stealing from Fade too, because much of her collection had a lot of words on clothes too.  And Char wanted a different hue of yellow, Sandaya wanted that particular bright tone of yellow, Char wanted something that was more of a buttery yellow.

That doesn't have anything to do with the fact that what she made was a pile of crap. As I said, no matter what color or fabric they had chosen, what Char made was hideous.

• Love 3

Wings 707, my favorite part of the Detroit parade was Patent Leather Patty (Santa's helper) whose hair was made from patent leather. Sorry I digress.

I just wanted to add that I thought the hair and make up this season was particularly heinous and some (most?) of the models didn't seem interested in selling the clothes. I just wanted to yell at them "stand up straight".

• Love 1

I miss him too, someone posted a video of his top comments and it was so damn funny.  I know his official reason for leaving the show was that he had to focus on his own collection, but I wonder if he didn't see this ship sinking and decided to jump ship

He's a judge on All Stars, I think he just didn't want to be on both.

EDITED: My mistake, I was thinking of Isaac Mizrahi, not Michael Kors

Edited by GaT
  • Love 1
I can't belie she lost to that orange crap. Orange and fringe, yeah that's wearable..not. all

Forget "Project Runway."  I think most designers' runway shows don't feature "wearable" fashions.  They're meant to showcase what the designers can do...usually in an exaggerated style meant to get attention and press.  That said, there are many occasions where Sean's designs could be worn.

And congratulations to him to not caving in to Nina Garcia's continual criticism of fringe.  Marie Claire's Editor in Chief (Nina's boss?) commented that Sean's show was her favorite.  Just last week the Wall Street Journal fashion page extolled professional/known designers who were presenting fringe at the various Fashion Week shows.

Edited by Former Nun

That doesn't have anything to do with the fact that what she made was a pile of crap. As I said, no matter what color or fabric they had chosen, what Char made was hideous.

as was Sandaya's.  The person whose post I was responding to (can't remember if it was yours) said that Char was the one who had wanted the yellow, and thats true, but she wanted the buttery yellow and they ended up using Sandaya's super bright yellow.  I think its unreasonable to place the color fail solely at Char's feet, because Char wanted another hue, and Sandaya ended up picking the particular yellow that they used.  Char made a weird handkerchief dress and Sandaya made a corn cob dress.  Both were hideous.

He's a judge on All Stars, I think he just didn't want to be on both.

he is!?!?!?!?????  hooray!!!!

ETA: I thought you were talking about MK.  I like Isaac, but I miss MK.  

Edited by RealityGal

Am I alone in hating Kini's boxy pleated dress?  It looked like it was wearing her.  However, I loved the leather shorts and the white top. Char's was too simplistic for me.  Sean's was okay, but for some reason business-wise I may have leaned more towards Amanda, though I don't really like her styles.  Makes no sense, I suppose.

Also, I do think since Nina harped on the fact that Sean's was the most editorial, they went with him.  JMO

• Love 1

Surprisingly, I agreed with the judges' ranking for the final four designers. 

Kini was my favorite but his final collection fell flat.  It was well-made but boring.  I think even the producers were rooting for him to win by giving the designers the opportunity and money to buy more fabric at Mood.

Sean was my second choice, so I was glad he won.  He really thought about the runway show, had a concept, and made some 'wow' pieces.  Yes, it wasn't the most original collection ever on PR - but none of the final four collections this season were all that original. 

Char's collection fell short because her designs were too similar to mall clothes (except for that ugly turquoise dress that looked out of place).  I liked the clothes she herself wore this season better than her designs.

I was certain that the show was setting Amanda up for the win - what with her being brought back, the judges overpraising her designs all season, and the judges' talk at final judging about how she could be a brand (really, Nina?).  Personally, I didn't like her design aesthetic and thought her final collection was drab and ugly, esp. that long, bulky maxi-dress.

Tim Gunn has lost all integrity and credibility this season (giving Char extra 10 minutes, saying this was  most talented group).

• Love 2

Also, Snooki and JWoww as judges on All-Stars.

Really?  Thanks for the heads up--I won't be watching.

Am I alone in hating Kini's boxy pleated dress?

no.

I knew the moment Nina pronounced Sean's collection "editorial" that he had won.

Edited by One More Time

I wasn't very impressed with any of the finalists' collections.  Sean's had some drama, tons of cohesion, and some wow pieces, but it was really one-note.  I think a second idea could have made that a great collection.  I often like Amanda's stuff, but I didn't care for her collection.  It was too dark and drab, and way too many maxi dresses for my taste.  Plenty of cohesion but a lot of ugly clothes. 

Am I alone in hating Kini's boxy pleated dress?  It looked like it was wearing her.

You're not alone.  I hated it too, and I thought the fit was terrible.  And Kini's final monstrousity might be the worst thing I've ever seen in a finale collection - that dress alone should have disqualified him from any consideration for the win.  He's a really talented sewer and a great guy, but I think the comments that he needs to work on his editing are spot on.

From looking at the decoy collections on line, Fade's is the one that is full of pieces I want to buy right now, and I thought Sandhya's would have been a contender if it was eligible for the win.  That to me was the collection with original vision and showed where she could take her imagination and execution given a little more time than the one-day challenges.

Amanda had my favorite collection.  Not all of it though.  I like a Bohemian lean in clothing these days and her 2 blue dresses were great.  Did not like the jewelry at all.   What was Zak seeing that I missed? 

I never liked Char and I cannot really say why. Just didn't find her compelling and she is not a good designer using the standards this show has seen.  Her collection was bad.  There is no other word. 

I am looking forward to this reunion due to Korina; it would be boring otherwise. 

It is such a shame that this show has gone downhill so far.  Can't they see that?   It would take so little to bring it back, so little. 

ETA.   I didn't like Kini's boxy dress or many other things in his collection.  I found uninspired. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I remember feeling the last season Kors was on that he was not really engaged at all, that his commentary had sunk to repetitive and pretty mean snark that just looked for a cheap laugh, and that I wished he would go away.  Had I but known!  I like Zac most of the time and find his endless obsession with the quality of the construction fun to watch, but original flavor Kors would add so much that seems to be missing lately.  

Hard to know what's at fault -- short timelines, less-talented designers, too many iterations of the franchise, too many returnees, too many emotionally unstable designers???  All I know is that I'm always relieved when it's Heidi back in charge, and I'll keep watching to the bitter end.  They put something in it that makes you crave it (fortnightly) weekly, don't they?  Even when it's a shadow of its former self.  

• Love 2

Am I alone in hating Kini's boxy pleated dress?  It looked like it was wearing her.

I felt that way about every dress in his collection.  Everything looked stiff and super uncomfortable.

And Kini's final monstrousity might be the worst thing I've ever seen in a finale collection

I wouldn't go that far, but it wasn't very good, and especially was bad as the final supposed showstopper piece.  I also kept waiting for one of the judges to mock the great big downward pointing triangle in the crotch area - usually they are all just death on that, but no, nary a word.  I seem to remember that one of Amanda's dresses earlier in the season featured a similar Look Boys! Here It Is! V over the crotch and she didn't get dinged for it either.

• Love 1

I felt that way about every dress in his collection.  Everything looked stiff and super uncomfortable.

I wouldn't go that far, but it wasn't very good, and especially was bad as the final supposed showstopper piece.  I also kept waiting for one of the judges to mock the great big downward pointing triangle in the crotch area - usually they are all just death on that, but no, nary a word.  I seem to remember that one of Amanda's dresses earlier in the season featured a similar Look Boys! Here It Is! V over the crotch and she didn't get dinged for it either.

That was one of Kors' pet peeves.  My recollection is that he would point out the flaws in that area, and Heidi would comment about the fit in the boob area.

• Love 1
Am I alone in hating Kini's boxy pleated dress?

Another no from me.  But I hate denim ruffles or pleating in all shapes and forms.

some (most?) of the models didn't seem interested in selling the clothes.

I was wondering if the designers get to chose models anymore or if they are all "assigned."  Either way, I thought most of the models were terrible.  It's like they had no idea of what to do at the end of the runway for the turnaround.

I wish they would show more of the logistics of putting a show together, like choosing models, music, and accessories, instead of endless talking heads about how much they want to win. 

Edited by backgroundnoise
  • Love 4

as was Sandaya's.  The person whose post I was responding to (can't remember if it was yours) said that Char was the one who had wanted the yellow, and thats true, but she wanted the buttery yellow and they ended up using Sandaya's super bright yellow.  I think its unreasonable to place the color fail solely at Char's feet, because Char wanted another hue, and Sandaya ended up picking the particular yellow that they used.  Char made a weird handkerchief dress and Sandaya made a corn cob dress.  Both were hideous.

he is!?!?!?!?????  hooray!!!!

ETA: I thought you were talking about MK.  I like Isaac, but I miss MK.  

Ugh, you're right, brain fart on my part, sorry :-(

• Love 1

That was one of Kors' pet peeves.  My recollection is that he would point out the flaws in that area, and Heidi would comment about the fit in the boob area.

Yes, you're right.  Apparently Zac doesn't have the same hate of the insane crotch.

I wish they would show more of the logistics of putting a show together, like choosing models, music, and accessories, instead of endless talking heads about how much they want to win.

This is one of the areas where I believe they really did put more emphasis in the Bravo years.  There was an equal hammering away  on interpersonal "dramas" but yes I remember more time being devoted to show logistics.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 1

Ugh, you're right, brain fart on my part, sorry :-(

LOL.....its okay, I suspected it would have been bigger news if he had returned.  As they say, it is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.  It was better to at least have my hopes for two minutes than to have never had them at all :)

So let me get this straight... instead of announcing that the were no winners this season like they should have done, we're being told that this is the most talented group of finalists ever?

But they say some version of this every season.  Why are we so surprised?  Some seasons are better than others, but clearly every season is not superior to every season before it, so they regularly dissemble to make this season group seem better than they actually are.  Since we know that from season to season, why pretend otherwise? 

ETA: it looks like Lifetime's so hard up for cash that they're even auctioning off the pieces: http://projectrunway...ale-collections.

I believe they also do that every year.  It's part of the deal.

Edited by dialyn
  • Love 1

Kini's collection was so bad, especially since expectations were much higher for him. I thought he was over rated throughout the competition but he  completely choked!

His show ender was just the ugliest dress I've seen, the material looked cheap and the shoulders were  80's and then that V thing in the front was just WTF.

Project-Runway-Season-13-Finale-Collecti

the Outfit with the Jacket that was opened around the navel was just as horrid,  The jeans were so ill fitting  and ugly.

I didn't even like the short leather shorts, they looked like gym shorts and then why would he put a zipper on the side of that  flashdance inspired white top?? 

It was just another example of how she thinks unflattering potato sacks are the friggin height of fashion. Amanda's "girl" daydreams about living through the dust bowl era.

I think you said it the best.

Amanda's aesthetic is no where near mine. When I think hippie or "boho," I don't assume that means bright and cheery clothing. I think more along the lines of earth tones. Having said that what throws me off about Amanda's clothes is how heavy they look. When I think hippie or boho, I think lighter (and even airier) fabrics. I'm not sure why she goes after the heavier fabrics.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 3

Amanda's aesthetic is no where near mine. When I think hippie or "boho," I don't assume that means bright and cheery clothing. I think more along the lines of earth tones. Having said that what throws me off about Amanda's clothes is how heavy they look. When I think hippie or boho, I think lighter (and even airier) fabrics. I'm not sure why she goes after the heavier fabrics.

Now that you mention it, when I think of boho or hippie, I do not think of suede. In fact, I usually think of people who won't wear suede.

On that note, I find it odd that Heidi is so averse to fur (at least she said so earlier this season that she wouldn't want to wear fur or even fake fur), but she's fine with leather and suede.

• Love 1

Wow.  Suck-ass runway show.  I actually have liked a lot of the work I've seen this season, but I've never been more indifferent to a finale.  Of all the looks there, the only one I saw that  didn't bore me to death was Char's, believe it or not.  At least she used some colors.  Christ, Amanda gave us what, black white, grey and blue;  Sean gave us black, white and orange, for crissakes.  (And Sean's 'story line' was asinine - unless he thinks blood is orange.)    And Kini, who up till now had been one of my favorites, gave us black and white. A guy from Hawaii, seriously?  Sean's entire look was based on looks he'd gotten positive response on in previous episodes.  "Enough" fringe, huh, Sean?  I'd say more than enough. 

I've also been quite unhappy with Tim Gunn this season.  Whereas before he always seemed like one of the most awesome people alive, this season he came across as a backstabbing toady, trashing the designers to the judges.  Nice mentoring.  Don't get me started on the trend of ugly plaid or gingham shirts. Why, Tim?  Why wouldja, why just why?  They gave me nightmare flashbacks of my 60's childhood.

As others have said, I may give it a peak next season to see if it's come back from the brink, but barring a miracle,  I think I'm done as well.

It was fun while it lasted.  When it was about, you know, fashion.

• Love 1

On that note, I find it odd that Heidi is so averse to fur (at least she said so earlier this season that she wouldn't want to wear fur or even fake fur), but she's fine with leather and suede.

I'm sure she avoids fur and fake fur for more noble reason, but also consider that Heidi seems to mostly wear teeny tiny mini dresses that are molded to her body.   Fur might slightly obscure her shape rather than show it off.

• Love 3

I agree, but a lot of designers have zero personal style. The Mulleavy (Rodarte) sisters make stunning clothes but they don't seem to be able to dress themselves very well.

• Love 1

I'll give Amanda and the other designers a pass on backstage attire. You're often running around, kneeling on a dusty concrete floor fixing hems last minute, etc while still having to walk the runway at the end.

Now that you mention it, when I think of boho or hippie, I do not think of suede. In fact, I usually think of people who won't wear suede.

Mileages vary, of course, but suede-- especially fringed suede-- seems a staple of the bohemian fashion diet, all the way back to hippies co-opting Native American culture and clothing. I've got a fringed suede jacket from my dad and fringed mukluks from my mom, all from the 60's. Edited by Dean Learner
  • Love 1

Hippies did wear suede and fringe. I remember suede boots with fringe, not that I was a hippie. Just remember the days.