Type keyword(s) to search

The Bachelorette in the Media

• Start Topic

Thanks for that info, Bunky.  I admit that Jesse's name was familiar, but I couldn't recall who he was.

I would guess they ask for an idea of who the Bach/ettte thinks will be a 'contender' for the edits and I think you can have some idea who's in the running even then.  But I doubt if there's a whole lot they would really do if you did change your mind.  They can also start to adjust the TH's and editing as you go along.  

Maybe that's why Deanna kept Graham who seemed to have zero interest in her. .Maybe she or the producers told him he had to stay.  OR..maybe that's what she told Jesse since it was obvious that she was totally about him until she let him off the hook.  

35 minutes ago, seasick said:

Maybe that's why Deanna kept Graham who seemed to have zero interest in her. .Maybe she or the producers told him he had to stay.  OR..maybe that's what she told Jesse since it was obvious that she was totally about him until she let him off the hook.  

Deanna was obsessed with Graham. I don't think anyone needed to tell her to keep him. Being the Bachelorette (or the Bachelor) gives the lead the opportunity to go after people who wouldn't show interest in any other situation. That's how Ashley and Bentley, Des and Brooks, Juan Pablo and Sharleen, etc., happen. Some guys (or girls) are villains, but sometimes they're just not that into the lead, and the lead can't accept that until it's screamingly obvious.

• Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, Bunky1412 said:

During a very short interview after last week's episode, Jesse Csincsak said that the Bachelor/Bachelorette is required to give the names of their final four to the producers on the first night.  My apologies if this is old news, but that was news to me.  I don't know if they are allowed to change their minds, but the reason for this, according to Jesse, is so that the producers can then decide how they want to edit and/or what stories they want to build around either the eliminated contestants leading up to the final four or the final four themselves.  (Note - This is not a spoiler about Chad given I'm responding to a show thread where he's the topic of most of the discussion.  I'm not saying one way or the other if he's eliminated before the final four.  There have been less than nice, shall we say, contestants who were eliminated before final four and those who made it to the end, so it could go either way with Chad.)  Anyway, I don't know if it's been like this from the beginning because the show has changed so much.  I think if I spent the evening with 25-30 men I could probably narrow down to four the ones I'd like to get to know better so maybe the issue of whether the Bachelor/Bachelorette is allowed to change their mind is a non-issue.  (When Googling Jesse's name for the correct spelling, I came across articles stating they broke up in 2008.  Time sure does fly!)

Yes, they can change their minds. From what I have read they want an idea of who to watch and it is not limited to 4. If the lead has a shine for 5 or 6, that is noted.  Most leads say it is easy to narrow the field very soon into the process. 

Edited by wings707

During a very short interview after last week's episode, Jesse Csincsak said that the Bachelor/Bachelorette is required to give the names of their final four to the producers on the first night. 

So Interesting, Bunky!  This makes me wonder if Des's Chris was in her initial final four, because I swear we didn't see him except at the rose ceremony until the show was at least half way over and by then we had allbecome sick of watching Brooks look off into the distance while the wind blew his hair back in a romantic, Heathcliff pose.

3 hours ago, wings707 said:

.  Most say leads say it is easy to narrow the field very soon into the process. 

I think Kaitlyn could have narrowed it down to two or three on the first night, she has such a good sense of her own chemistry with men.  I remember she said she loved the way Shawn smelled and she wasn't talking aftershave.

• Love 3

So Interesting, Bunky!  This makes me wonder if Des's Chris was in her initial final four, because I swear we didn't see him except at the rose ceremony until the show was at least half way over

I actually don't remember it that way. I think Chris was a heavy presence for most of the season but clearly edited as the underdog since yes, Des' ridiculous obsession with Brooks (of which I never understood because dude just always looked greasy to me) made it seem clear he was her number one. That is why as skeptical as many were and all the scoffing, that final proposal scene was one of my favorites of all time and I especially felt for Des when she told Chris that she was so blinded by her feelings for Brooks, she didn't realize that what she needed and truly wanted was right there in front of her the whole time. Like if it was a rom-com, Chris was the nice guy friend that everyone and their mother could see was the perfect one for the lead but she's too busy chasing the loser. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

This makes me wonder if Des's Chris was in her initial final four, because I swear we didn't see him except at the rose ceremony until the show was at least half way over and by then we had allbecome sick of watching Brooks look off into the distance while the wind blew his hair back in a romantic, Heathcliff pose.

This would also explain why Sean and Catherine were barely on screen until the day he actually proposed. I wonder whether the producers changed things up after that filming fiasco. Somehow they managed to miss out on the love story of the only bachelor to marry his F1 so far.

• Love 1
(edited)
36 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes, if it hadn't been for the posters here who are observant of body language (like truthaboutluv )  I would have had no clue that Catherine was Sean's front runner.

I actually didn't watch any of Sean's season. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
30 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I actually didn't watch any of Sean's season. 

You're lucky.  He was by far the Bachelor's most repellent kisser.  I just remember darting snake tongue.  Shudder.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, WhoAmIReally said:

You're lucky.  He was by far the Bachelor's most repellent kisser.  I just remember darting snake tongue.  Shudder.

I believe it because I watched Emily's season and was subjected to it then.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, huahaha said:

This would also explain why Sean and Catherine were barely on screen until the day he actually proposed. I wonder whether the producers changed things up after that filming fiasco. Somehow they managed to miss out on the love story of the only bachelor to marry his F1 so far.

Sean said that Catherine did not even register on his radar until later in the season.  

I remember in Sean and Catherine's season when they had their first kiss out in the driveway, they played "love's sweeping journey" type background music, and I pointed it out as a major clue as opposed to the regular music they played when he kissed a half dozen other girls that episode. It's ALWAYS the background music that gives it away. They had a little romantic music when JoJo kissed Jordan on night 1, but they haven't had "the" music yet. Listen for the big crescendos.

THIS   is hilarious! 

'Bachelorette' Villain Chad Johnson Apparently Bought Other Suitors' Domain Names, Redirecting Them to his site
Robby Hayes (RobbyHayes.com), Derek Peth (DerekPeth.com), Chase McNary (ChaseMcNary.com) and Alex Woytkiw (AlexWoytkiw.com) are among the bachelors Johnson has targeted.
Visit Joelle-Fletcher.com, a.k.a. Fletcher's real name, and it brings you back to Johnson's Instagram. Hmmm...

• Love 2

This 70 page thread about Chad on bodybuilders.com is a thing that exists. It's either the best or the worst thing I've ever seen (save yourselves some brain cells and skip to page 7 when he joins in). 

• Love 3

One thing that jumped out at me in that article JenE4 linked to is that JoJo describes Chad as both honest and mysterious. Which is it? I'm not saying that honesty and mysteriousness are completely mutually exclusive or anything (one can certainly be an honest person without revealing everything about oneself), but it just seems to me that someone who is so honest it's worth mentioning is probably not really all that mysterious, and someone who is particularly mysterious is likely not being all that honest.

I don't know; maybe I'm overthinking and being too judgey, and if it were someone else, maybe I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. But it's Chad, so ugh.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, dom16 said:

This 70 page thread about Chad on bodybuilders.com is a thing that exists. It's either the best or the worst thing I've ever seen (save yourselves some brain cells and skip to page 7 when he joins in). 

I'm pretty sure I just lost some brain cells wading through that mess...

• Love 2
11 hours ago, dom16 said:

Reading even bits of that thread made me weep for humanity...

• Love 6
On 6/2/2016 at 0:23 AM, huahaha said:

Deanna was obsessed with Graham. I don't think anyone needed to tell her to keep him. Being the Bachelorette (or the Bachelor) gives the lead the opportunity to go after people who wouldn't show interest in any other situation. That's how Ashley and Bentley, Des and Brooks, Juan Pablo and Sharleen, etc., happen. Some guys (or girls) are villains, but sometimes they're just not that into the lead, and the lead can't accept that until it's screamingly obvious.

Absolutely Deanna wanted him there.  My thoughts were that Graham wanted Out-- big time,  and my recollection (not always accurate for sure) is that she kept him like a hostage. 

I always thought the Deanna/Graham confrontation was analogous to the Andi/Juan Pablo confrontation, yet the former was considered desperate and the latter was celebrated.  Regardless, in both situations, the men weren't the least bit interested, and that seemed to make both women more angry.  I never understood it.  If it's over, it's over, especially for someone you barely know. 

10 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

My recollection from the time is that the rumors were that Graham had threatened to quit but was convinced to stay and allow Deanna to "not give him a rose".

I never had any inside stuff on him but yeah I believe it!  He looked miserable.  He's a strange dude i think.  I recall his mother telling Deanna that his longest relationship was about a month... uh not a good sign Deanna.   Then he appears on BIP years later with Michelle Money as his own cock-block until some chicky glommed  on to him.  He looked like a miserable hostage there too.  I still wonder if he's a closet-case.   

4 hours ago, Alapaki said:

My recollection from the time is that the rumors were that Graham had threatened to quit but was convinced to stay and allow Deanna to "not give him a rose".

Yeah, that's what the BTS chatter was. He basically quit but agreed to film "not being given a rose". I mean, he was dressed in jeans and at that point about to run out of the door. DeAnna's season was such a train wreck. 

Buzzfeed printed this article about the show last night. I laughed.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/michelleregna/milk-is-delicious

• Love 1

He really does!

I always liked Josh and wouldn't have minded seeing him as TB.  He tries to be polite to Andi in this article which must be difficult after her book. http://www.glamour.com/story/josh-murray-on-dating-after-andi-dorfman-and-the-bachelorette   I didn't realize she was critical about him. The only review I read just mentioned what she wrote about Josh in the FS (positive) and what she wrote about Nick (negative and embarrassing for him--no surprise there).

Josh says he just wants a nice person. He doesn't say Andi wasn't that person, but she never seemed nice in my opinion. A good b-ette because she drew out the men and got them to care, but I always thought she seemed self-centered, temperamental, demanding and like she could be a real biatch if she wasn't getting her way. Like a lot of people, I thought josh was lucky there was no wedding--and I'm a little surprised he's still single.

Not watching his show, but I wouldn 't mind seeing him again on TB  (He's much too good for BiP).

• Love 1
(edited)

Like a lot of people, I thought josh was lucky there was no wedding--and I'm a little surprised he's still single.

I'm not, considering I thought and said it during Andi's season that that whole "haven't had a girlfriend in 5 years" line was either bullshit or a red flag. And after the season was over, he later clarified it to never having a girlfriend period. This was an almost 30 year old, fairly good looking (not my type personally but I know others think he's hot), seemingly employed guy and he had never had a girlfriend in his life.

Personally that immediately made me think, "well what's wrong with you?" It also made me think that he may have some sort of ridiculous standards for anyone in a relationship with him. Trust me, I have no love for Andi but I never saw Josh as any great prize either. And a friend of a friend of mine went to school with the younger brother and yeah, let's just say according to stories, great boyfriend materials these guys are not. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 1:36 AM, dom16 said:

I only read 1 page of that mess and I think I've lost a few million brain cells.  It's sad to think that morons like that actually exist in the world.  I did find it entertaining that they were making fun of Alex for being so short and there was a douche taking part in the thread who is only 5'6".  Really stupid!

What did I just read?  Skinny JoJo has "pre whale" arms?    Someone should tell these guys that it's 2016, and they can date each other if they want.   Awful lot of repressed feelings there.  

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

That is Robby's ex-girlfriend

,,,,and this just happened per chance?   Contact me anyone if you're looking to buy a bridge.   

Edited by Fable
  • Love 2

I watched Kimmel last night just to see Chad.  He was on video and he was just laid back and looking good.  He really does have sexy eyebrows.  I've never watched BIP but I wlll just to see him.  

• Love 3

Chad just said he ran into Hope, no huge manufactured story, and Jimmy didn't pursue it.  Basically, the thread of "I kept getting more aggressive and crazy so they would leave me alone" is his story, and he's sticking to it.  

He may be a freak, but for me, he's still the best looking and most entertaining guy from this VERY disappointing season.  

• Love 7

Jimmy also asked him about becoming the next Bachelor.  Maybe Chad was just playing it cool but he didn't seem very enthusiastic about it.  I think he's self-aware enough to know he wouldn't "behave" like the producers would want him to.  We'll see.

• Love 2

OK, so who here wrote this piece for JEZEBEL??  It reflects everything we've been posting:

“Hey, why you keepin’ these rumor mags in your shop?” “What’s going on Vin?” the men said to Vinny the barber through laughs. “Guys love gossip,” he responded. Or, the producers gave them to him and thought while he cut their hair they should talk about them.

That didn’t stop them from prompting the men to suggest these magazines were not plants, despite the fact that it’s commonly known that Bachelor contestants are not allowed reading material. “Vinny had a couple of magazines that had stories about JoJo and her ex-boyfriend Chad,” is how Alex presents this wealth of information.

• Love 1

I saw Chad on Jimmy Kimmel last night, and he doesn't even seem like a real person to me. It's all about being snarky and hating on everyone. I hope he won't be this boring on BIP. Some of his antics were funny I guess, but to keep up this "I'm cooler than everyone" even after he left the show is just silly. I did think the little kid bachelor thing in Kimmel was really cute.

• Love 1

I didn't interpret Chad as "hating on everyone," I just thought he was being his usual snarky self and not taking things seriously.  Plus, he's got to keep the "I'm cooler than everyone" persona for BIP.  After all, that's what got him to where he is now.  Now he might change up a little for BIP but, not having watched it before, I don't know what kind of "personas" they're looking for on that show.

I agree though that the kid bachelor thing was cute.

• Love 1
On June 20, 2016 at 0:45 PM, wovenloaf said:

Well y'all might find this interesting:

That is Robby's ex-girlfriend. 

Setting aside the Machiavellian crazy of Chad seeking out someone's ex-girlfriend just to fuck with him (is this what he meant by "I'll find you after the show" lol?), that girl bears a certain resemblance to JoJo.  Robby clearly has a type!

And why do I feel like Chad only chose photos showing her in sunglasses or with her head turned so any differences from JoJo would be harder to see? 

• Love 1

I think Hope was just as into twisting Robby's tail as Chad was.  She's the one who flew to Oklahoma for the hookup and obviously had no problem with those photos being taken and posted. 

She's obviously enjoying whatever "it" is with Chad, and we'll see just how Robby's new romance ends up on our TV screens.   

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, leighdear said:

I think Hope was just as into twisting Robby's tail as Chad was.  She's the one who flew to Oklahoma for the hookup and obviously had no problem with those photos being taken and posted. 

She's obviously enjoying whatever "it" is with Chad, and we'll see just how Robby's new romance ends up on our TV screens.   

Oh, I'm sure she was too (and I can't really say I blame her). I'm sure she's going to LOVE watching this last episode where Robby reveals that his "life is short" epiphany showed him that he didn't want her.

Wonder if Jordan's ex (who also seems to hate him) is going to be the next featured girl on Chad's instagram...

• Love 6