Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E10: Don't Put All of Your Eggs in One Basket

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

I have never heard of resurrection Sunday, but I much prefer them using that to Easter, which is derived from Oestre, which is 100% pagan, and we will take our bunnies and duckies and eggs back now thank you very much.

Edited by monagatuna
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
40 minutes ago, Chris Knight said:

I also think it's strange they didn't celebrate Easter til Robyn came along and changed everything. Easter is the biggest holiday in my religion. 

I am an Episcopalian, so Easter is the biggest holiday for us too.  I find it interesting that when it came to what they celebrated, Robyn had the final say.  Let's not forget that she put a kibosh on the family celebrating Joseph Smith's birthday. Which was very important to Christine.  

• Like 11
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Kody banned Easter in favor of celebrating Passover instead.

Celebrate Passover AND Resurrection Sunday (aka Easter 🙄)

58 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I have never heard of resurrection Sunday, but I much prefer them using that to Easter, which is derived from Oestre, which is 100% pagan, and we will take our bunnies and duckies and eggs back now thank you very much.

Yeah, I get that AND it's a good point, but he effectively WAS celebrating Easter.  

• Like 5
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And while I'm at it, Aurora is 20 but she acts like she's in middle school, if we needed any more validation that Robyn infantilizes her kids.  

1. Exactly what I saw when I watched. I almost fell out of my chair when they said she was 20. She's already perfected Sobbin's voice cadence and whiney ways
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Chris Knight said:

And yes Meri has shown her ugly sides numerous times but still, when she said Jen is the only person who defends her, that is quite sad.

Sad indeed when one has lived in close quarters with 20 +/- other adults and the only person you can count on is your former bug lady.

Time for some self-reflection Meri.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I'm beginning to wonder if the production crew is staying in Meri's house while they are filming and TLC is paying for this.  Otherwise why is Meri paying to rent this huge 5 bedroom house? Maybe it is just so that Robyn and the kids can come over once every 3 months and sit outside and talk. It seems to me like living in that huge house by herself with no family and probably no friends visiting would be hugely depressing. 

I also wonder if it gets used as “the rental” that is referenced when the out of towners gather. I can’t recall seeing enough of the inside of Meri’s home to identify key places (kitchen, for example) but if production filmed in other spaces like the lower level, it could be efficient.

Probably not, but I like thinking about this kind of thing.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

Still having trouble figuring out why Meri is sitting home for holidays, either being the third wheel or mourning not being the third wheel, instead of spending time with Leon and their wife. Maybe the no longer want to be filmed, and Mary doesnt want to relinquish her time in the spotlight??

• Like 10
  • Love 1

It seems like most of the oldest kids do not want any part of the show...save Mykelti... They are only seen at big events like weddings and then just a photo or two. Leon probably falls into that category. For them I think the thought is "Enough is enough!"

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I just find it unsettling that Meri doesn't seem to see herself as divorced, just because she still has the hots for Curly Sue.  It doesn't work that way, Mere.  

But has Meri been horizontal with another man in order to be divorced from Kootie?

Maybe that's why she sees herself as still being married.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5

Janelle has also said that being physical with another is required to be officially divorced.  I say it's all hogwash and she should just walk away and call herself divorced like Christine did.  But, she still believes so...

Kody's piecing together of religious practices that he wishes to follow and those that he does not seems ridiculous to me.  Just like his not eating pork and the ensuing tantrum in Hawaii.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

The LDS church isn't actually Christian. They define THEMSELVES as being within Christianity and most Mormons identify themselves as "Christian" but the theology is different.  The LDS church rejects the ecumenical creeds and the doctrine of the Trinity, which is pretty central. 

Honestly, I don't understand most of what they do believe, but it's clearly not the same as my church (Episcopal), which is very mainstream. Which could explain why different families have adopted different traditions, such as observing Passover but not Resurrection Sunday.

Kody has always been weird. No wonder the Browns don't really understand what they're doing religion-wise.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Kody blaming the lack of loyalty on the part of his other wives as the reason for the family breakup and his disinterest in his other wives and children is a smokescreen. Robyn has been the love of his life ever since he hooked up with her. During Covid when he stayed with her and her children it confirmed to him that he no longer wanted  polygamy and that what really made him happy was a monogamous relationship with Robyn. He didn't have the guts or decency to admit this so he turned it around on the 'bad wives."  And of course it's all about making Kody happy so his other 13 children are now jerks and he wants nothing to do with them. He is despicable

Remember S15 e1? Being strong or being a bitch? Janelle called them all to a restaurant to ask them why they chose polygamy. 

In that conversation Kody stated HE was settled. He shared that he had recently told Logan polygamy was a mistake. Those episodes were filmed in 2020, right before the pandemic in US. 

Covid is his smokescreen.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 11
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Was it Janelle or Christine who said that was another Robyn lie?

Christine.  She sarcastically included it in her list of what was needed for a release… and then burst out laughing.  
Janelle has said that getting physical with someone else would be instant grounds for a release. ( because it’s adultery)  She has not said it’s required to get a release.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
7 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Me too. I love when Kody talks about there being a lot of pain...looking totally stone-faced. He doesn't look like he's in an pain at all.

He acts like a man who's shed a whole bunch of dead weight.

I prefer to think his original wives have shed the dead weight.  😉  It's not easy to be harnessed to a narcissistic jackwagon all these years!

• Like 5
  • LOL 6
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I LOL'd when Robyn told us that Ari is more like Kody, like that's a good thing.

Don't worry, Eyebrows, we see it.  Ari is annoying, bossy, gets in people's personal space and has no filter.  We see Kody in her, plain as day.  Give Kody a mullet and they'd be twins.

I think even a mullet would be an improvement over Kody's current "ramen chic" style.  😂

• LOL 12

Robyn consistently says the exact opposite of her actions. Why doesn’t anyone else see this?

Arora sounds like a 12 year old.

JustJen better watch Meri around her husband. Meri’s the one bringing up haha we’re not a thing, giggle giggle, teehee. I wouldn’t trust her with a 10 ft pole.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
12 hours ago, BnJJ said:

He talks about Robyn being "the love of my life" and in the same sentence refers to his other wives as "these other situations" then goes on to say that Janelle and Christine take "no accountability" for anything.  Is he effing serious??

And he wants to call C&J horrible sister wives. Newsflash: I think almost any woman would be a horrible sister wife if she knew her husband considered her sister wife his "soulmate" and love of his life. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

JustJen better watch Meri around her husband. Meri’s the one bringing up haha we’re not a thing, giggle giggle, teehee. I wouldn’t trust her with a 10 ft pole.

As long as Jens husband doesn’t have a 10 foot pole he should be safe. 😋

I’ll show myself the door..

IMG_6859.png

• Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 17
4 hours ago, salvame said:

Still having trouble figuring out why Meri is sitting home for holidays, either being the third wheel or mourning not being the third wheel, instead of spending time with Leon and their wife. Maybe the no longer want to be filmed, and Mary doesnt want to relinquish her time in the spotlight??

Since Leon appears not to want to be filmed, we really don't know if Meri has been visiting them or not. I've read some speculation that Meri spent Christmas or part of Christmas 2022 (2021?) with Leon and Audrey. If Meri was with them for Christmas 2021, the filming Meri did at the She-rah chateau may have been on a different date.

Editing to add my thought on Janelle - it's not surprising that she may think of having a man around all the time as work, instead of a partner who shares duties (including taking turns cooking and cleaning - or, imagine, cooking together). 

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Like 9
  • Useful 3

I don’t get why Meri, who seems realistic and cynical and non trusting of the general public, can purport to act like she thinks there is hope.  She seems smart and sharp, she’s built her LuLaNo business.  She has got to be saying this for the show money.  Right?  I’ve never liked her but I like her independence.  

• Like 8
On 10/22/2023 at 9:54 PM, eskimo said:

However, when Christine commented on how, even after the church releases you from marriage, you're not actually fully released until sleeping with someone else, I enjoyed that very much. 😆  And I loved how she cracked herself up over it.  A special thanks to the editors for adding the relevant clip

Actually, what Christine was saying was that it is NOT the case that you have to sleep with someone else for your marriage to be officially dissolved. Robyn said that she would have to do that (as shown in the flashback), but Christine said that was absurd and untrue. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

I watched the rest of the episode. Christine needs to stop annoying the hell out of Janelle and let her make her own decisions on her own time. 

Garrison's comment that he offered his house as a neutral holiday gathering spot and Kody said No is heartbreaking. Kody's comments on camera for his kids to hear later when watching these episodes are horrible in general. 

I wanted the producer to ask Robyn why she left Meri out of Easter if Meri's continued presence is so important to her. Meri does seem to have a sweet relationship with Robyn's kids. I felt bad for Aurora being forced to stand there awkwardly and film about her personal life so her parents can collect a paycheck. The guy she likes is probably going to watch it at some time, and Aurora seemed really self conscious about it. 

It is very obvious that these talking head interviews are filmed WAY after the scenes we are watching. The time jumps and switching around of when events are shown unfolding is annoying in general. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, GeorgiaRai said:

I feel like she listened, offered support, and showed great restraint.  Because I think she probably just wanted to say "Leave the asshat. Like, NOW!"

Which is exactly what she said when she was back in her own home being filmed. I was right there with her, though I do understand that Janelle is working through her own steps to end things completely. Christine took years to get to that point.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1

I know they're trying to paint the "Meri has a great relationship with the kids" picture, but it seems like she's the nice lady who gives good presents and brings rice krispie treats the three times a year they see her type relationship. They had to ask if she had a dog. Ariella walked up to her and hugged her while staring straight into the camera. They don't seem awkward with her, but this is not a relationship that has been fostered in recent years.  She's not the extra mother/close auntie that we're being sold on. 

Which is not to say that from HER end they're not relationships that she wants to maintain. Having gone wrong with so many of the older kids, she may indeed have felt warmer/mushier with the tenders and her behavior reflects that.  Most of us know people who are far warmer grandparents than they were parents, and that would not be unexpected in this situation. Which makes it sadder that their parents don't truly want her in their lives enough to actually include her on an ongoing (nonfilmed) basis.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, MamaGee said:

And he wants to call C&J horrible sister wives. Newsflash: I think almost any woman would be a horrible sister wife if she knew her husband considered her sister wife his "soulmate" and love of his life. 

This.  And the fact that Kodi is so egotistical, he can't even see how a comment like that supports what Christine has been saying all along.  The double standard for his wives is astounding!  

• Like 15
  • Applause 2

The talk about Mormonism and Easter is interesting. I have never been that intellectually curious about that religion because frankly, it sounded like a scam and problematic (patriarchal and racist). Some dude found some gold tablets in the forest that no one else clapped eyes on (maybe his wife?) which told him he could have all the young tail he wanted as long as he called it marriage?!?! How convenient.  Probably oversimplifying, but you get the main drift. To be honest most of what I know about Mormons I learned from South Park and one serious doc series I watched years ago I believe on Netflix (not the Keep Sweet one). I know they call themselves The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints but I really did not know whether they celebrated Easter or Christmas. Frankly, I wouldn't use the Browns as litmus test or example of what Mormons of any sect typically do. They are the epitome of cafeteria Mormons who are or used to (in some cases) belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Kody.  

20 hours ago, OldWiseOne said:

He can't even accept an invitation to Garrison's house? No, the kids have to come to him! And if they don't, it's because their mothers have been trashtalking his curls.

This is a control and domination tactic. He wants his son(s) to come onto his territory/his domain, bend the knee and kiss the ring of him and Robyn. 

15 hours ago, ragingpixie said:

I want to bash him with a Seder plate.

You don't want to know where I want to shove the menorah - lit candles and all!

Edited by islandgal140
  • Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Some dude found some gold tablets in the forest that no one else clapped eyes on (maybe his wife?) which told him he could have all the young tail he wanted as long as he called it marriage?!?!

Even more convenient, that doctrine came along later, not with the plates.  It was "revealed" to him.  (church lady voice) "how convenient."  

• Like 5
  • LOL 12
48 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

I think any non-Jew celebrating Passover is a bad look. 

The Last Supper was a Passover supper, which then became the Christian Holy Communion.  So I can see the connection.  However, yeah, actual Passover celebrates a very specific event which doesn't really relate to Gentiles.  So maybe Kody is thinking that?  Pffft...what am I saying?  Kody thinking?  LOL.

• Like 3
  • LOL 11
On 10/23/2023 at 11:11 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

I don’t understand a Christian family not celebrating Easter/Whatever you want to call Christ’s resurrection? Christ dying for our sins and his resurrection are the biggest component of Christianity. 
Nothing wrong with acknowledging Passover, bc of Jesus’ Jewish roots, events leading to his death happening around Passover, etc. I get that tie in for some people. I also get not doing the more commercial or more Pagan components of eggs, bunnies, etc. But to not do Easter/Resurrection Sunday at all? Is this a Kody thing, an AUB thing, etc? Is this like when they couldn’t afford gifts and downplayed that aspect of Christmas? Kody is so weird.

But then Kody said, "I don't celebrate Easter; I celebrate the resurrection of Jesus." Which IS EASTER!  

He just doesn't give a shit anymore what he says or even if it makes sense. He openly admits he only loves Robyn; he completely disrespects the rest of the family on camera; he name-calls and scowls and blusters. He has no self-awareness whatsoever and doesn't care how he comes across. At all.

Meanwhile Robyn: "well, I told Kody that comin' back to my house to get the kids to school would cause problems, but he wanted to..." She really is havin' trouble defendin' herself at this point and the obvious favoritism that has been going on for years.

I like Janelle, and I do understand that her faith (whatever that entails) has given her some conscience regarding leaving her "spiritual marriage"- but she does see that any concept of marriage, by any church or authority, has been so badly breached at this point that it's irreparable. Maybe she's just waiting for Savanah to finish high school so she can make her break. I cringed watching her pick her way down the basement steps in the "short-term rental" for her private talk with Christine. Wearing white socks and flip flops. I was just waiting for her to fall.

I don't understand how Robyn can insist that she and Meri are close and she needs Meri around when they have to make some elaborate play date commitment to spend time together in the same town. And then Meri tells us that she was not contacted at all regarding Easter or getting together for the holiday. If you really are "family" then you don't need to pencil each other in every few months to get together. And Ariella didn't even know if Meri has a dog or not? Seems to me it's more like a biannual visit than a close relationship. "If Meri can hang in there, wait for Kody to work through the Christine thing, work out the issues with Janelle- oh, and after all my kids are out of high school maybe? - then I think we can salvage a relationship even though Kody told her to go wherever she wants because he really doesn't give a shit anyway." 

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I prefer to think his original wives have shed the dead weight.  😉  It's not easy to be harnessed to a narcissistic jackwagon all these years!

Oh, yes! He acts like he's shed dead weight, but the wives are the ones who have! Sorry, I should have made that clear.

• Like 9

That closeup of Kody only makes me wonder what he's doing to his hair to get those bouncy ringlets.  Do we all remember his insane Sammy Hager/Geico Caveman rat's nest of unconditioned hair from a few seasons ago - during the One Big House presentation on Christmas Eve?  Robyn is clearly shopping for much better products for him now that he's at her house 24/7 and she has to look at him all the time.

• LOL 7
On 10/23/2023 at 9:47 AM, islandgal140 said:

Frankly, I just think she doesn't want the full time responsibility of having a man in her home 24/7 that she has to cook and clean for, but at the same time, she wants some kind of commitment and tie to a man. She wants that spiritual commitment but only needs to see him a few times a week for a little slap and tickle and companionship, but then wants him on his merry way so she can garden, read or whatever else she does that makes her feel independent.

Reading that,  I was thinking......that actually sounds like a dam good deal to me at this time in my life.   I've had the 25 yrs of being the lowly wifey, not getting what I needed   I put my time in.   Now I want a man only once in awhile,  then have the rest of the time to myself.   I'm such a romantic

🤭😄             anyhoo,  this is such a dam bore.   Same old shit every week.   Seeing kodass's mug is getting painful. Ugghhh.   Yet here I am watching,  well half watching,  playing a game or scrolling through YouTube as the show is on  lol

Edited by suev3333
Had more to write
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Really who would want to be married to that face?  I'd think the person would have to be a bit desperate.

Robyn was. She was a single, divorced mother of 3; in debt; living in a mobile home; and she found a "cute" (questionable) guy who had 3 wives to help raise her kids, seemed to have money and was on TV! Jackpot! And she considered herself miles ahead in cuteness, youth and desirability!

The timeline this week had me reeling. So a few episodes ago there was a Christmas tree in Janelle's apartment and they fought and she told Kody to f--- off. Next, we had Janelle's birthday, which was a couple months later and she hadn't seen him since the fight. Then it's Christine's ex-anniversary party and after that, it's Easter and Janelle hasn't seen Kody in two weeks (since her birthday?). And then we're talking about the holidays again? I can't keep up with any of it. I also saw that when they were showing the "Easter" scenes, the intro footage was of Flagstaff with bright yellow fall leaves on the trees. It's like everyone, including Production, has given up at this point.

I guess we're supposed to just be charmed my the Meri and Jen antics, but I don't care about their sexual inuendos or how Jen's husband is more of a mate to Meri than Kody ever was. The silliness seems forced and unnecessary. On a more superficial/snarky note, I wonder why Meri hasn't used her "boutique" proceeds (c'mon now; it's a bunch of legging inventory) to cap her front tooth. It is so distracting.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

The Last Supper was a Passover supper, which then became the Christian Holy Communion.  So I can see the connection.  However, yeah, actual Passover celebrates a very specific event which doesn't really relate to Gentiles.  So maybe Kody is thinking that?  Pffft...what am I saying?  Kody thinking?  LOL.

I mean, in Catholic school I learned about the Seder and Passover but we didn't appropriate it.  I feel like these days its a Christian Fundie thing to appropriate Jewish OT laws and celebrations and traditions which I find distasteful. 

The way I was taught, Jesus is the new Covenant and the old laws were not necessary anymore.  For example, the dietary laws (which Kody also mentioned with the no pork thing): 

"4. The food laws that set Israel apart from the nations have been fulfilled and ended in Christ. Mark 7:18–19, “[Jesus] said to them, . . . ‘Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him?’ . . . (Thus he declared all foods clean.)”

• Like 9
  • Useful 3

I don't know who Sobbyn thinks she is fooling, she expects people to think that she's so heartbroken over Meri leaving, but she never calls her when she's in town and never invites her over for the holidays. She knows Meri is all alone and has nobody else.  Sobbyn is so fake, she doesn't give a shit that the other wives left, she doesn't care about his other kids either. All she's upset about is losing the other wives money and losing the show. That's all her and Kody care about. If she really cared about Meri, she would tell her to quit wasting her time in Flagstaff and go find someone that will truly love her. On every episode,  Sobbyn is wringing her hands saying "I just don't understand what happened",  "I don't know what went wrong" and  "why is this happening " when she knows exactly why the family imploded. She has also turned Kody into a narcissistic, selfish, perpetual victim, just like she is.  He's too dumb to see how she's manipulated him and broke up the whole family. He's convinced that the other three wives are to blame and that his other kids are the problems. And Sobbyn is the innocent victim in all of this. I don't think it was rude of Christine when she was talking to Janelle about Kody, she knows how he is and that he will never change. She was probably confused why Janelle would want to consider staying with him, knowing Sobbyn is his favorite and that he will never treat Janelle equally. She doesn't want Janelle to be happy with the tiny scraps Kody will give her once I'm a great while. I don't understand why Janelle would ever want to stay or be in another polygamous relationship. Especially after the way Kody treats her kids!! 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

On 10/23/2023 at 12:19 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

Each week Kody inadvertently and self righteously reveals a partiality to Robyn and hurts the others. This time he said he was getting a second chance with getting his youngest kids to school. Even Robyn noted that this was wrong. 

Don't believe that for a second. I think that Robyn is very good at that armchair-quarterback deflection thing where she appears to be throwing some shade at Kodouche in her THs. In reality, she 'needs' him to get the kids ready for school, so she can sleep! And what infuriates me, is that he talks about how he wants to do it, yet when he really was needed for it, by all the other wives with a zillion little kids, he was nowhere in sight.

On 10/23/2023 at 9:30 AM, laurakaye said:

And while I'm at it, Aurora is 20 but she acts like she's in middle school, if we needed any more validation that Robyn infantilizes her kids.  

It really was stunning...she looked and seemed like a very tall 14-year old.

On 10/23/2023 at 9:47 AM, islandgal140 said:

Robyn being Robyn, instead of saying how important it was for the family that her kids get Meri as a 2nd mom (plyg perk), she frames it like how important it is to Meri, like she is some charity case. She sure treats her like one. 

Yeah, I noticed that too. Unfortunately, I think that Meri is a little delusional when she says how much Robyn's kids love her and accept her unconditionally. That may have been the case when they were little and all one big family, but I think it's out-of-sight-out-of-mind at this point.

• Like 13
  • Fire 1
17 hours ago, SDVegas said:

Actually, what Christine was saying was that it is NOT the case that you have to sleep with someone else for your marriage to be officially dissolved. Robyn said that she would have to do that (as shown in the flashback), but Christine said that was absurd and untrue. 

I understand.  Before Christine said it wasn't true, she jokingly said it was the last step, as a dig at Robyn, (not verbatim), then laughed her ass off and said she was joking and it wasn't true, that she'd never heard that in her life. That's why it was funny.  And I wish I got to watch Robyn watch it. 

• Like 14

So several truths became apparent in this episode.

The only one that believes Kody and Meri have a chance is Robyn.

Kody only wants to see his adult kids on his terms, no compromise.

Kody’s adult kids want nothing to do with him.

Christine does appear to be encouraging Janelle, but Kody believes Christine to be the root of all evil.

Janelle is on her way out the door.

Kody is a monogamist.  Good Lord, he has said for several seasons now that he doesn’t have a favorite wife and, in just about the same breath, says Robyn is the love of his life.

Stick a fork in this.  It’s done.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, b2H said:

The only one that believes Kody and Meri have a chance is Robyn.

I honestly don't believe that.  I think that Sobbyn sees that the departure of Meri means the end of the show so she pays lip service to the mythical chance to keep Meri around. 

It's baffling why Meri would want to spend one additional second with the Toxic Two.  She's nuts.  In the TH she says she knows Kootie wants nothing to do with her; how low must her self esteem be to hang around someone who despises her?

• Like 17
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1