Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E10: Don't Put All of Your Eggs in One Basket

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, KateHearts said:

The timeline this week had me reeling. So a few episodes ago there was a Christmas tree in Janelle's apartment and they fought and she told Kody to f--- off. Next, we had Janelle's birthday, which was a couple months later and she hadn't seen him since the fight. Then it's Christine's ex-anniversary party and after that, it's Easter and Janelle hasn't seen Kody in two weeks (since her birthday?). And then we're talking about the holidays again?

The really strange part here is that Janelle's birthday is May 6th. and Easter last year was on April 17.  So if Janelle said on her birthday that she hadn't seen Kody since the fight in December then she would not have seen him in 5 months. So on Easter she said that she hadn't seen him in 2 week? None of this adds up.  Maybe it was a pretend Easter and it was really filmed after Janelle's May birthday. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 2
37 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Maybe it was a pretend Easter and it was really filmed after Janelle's May birthday. 

Unless the families film them themselves, all of the holidays are pretend or reenactments.  The crew gets to spend major holidays with their own families almost always.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

That closeup of Kody only makes me wonder what he's doing to his hair to get those bouncy ringlets.  Do we all remember his insane Sammy Hager/Geico Caveman rat's nest of unconditioned hair from a few seasons ago - during the One Big House presentation on Christmas Eve?  Robyn is clearly shopping for much better products for him now that he's at her house 24/7 and she has to look at him all the time.

No, but now I'm going to go look it up, lol!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
18 hours ago, SDVegas said:

Actually, what Christine was saying was that it is NOT the case that you have to sleep with someone else for your marriage to be officially dissolved. Robyn said that she would have to do that (as shown in the flashback), but Christine said that was absurd and untrue. 

Is this Robyn's roundabout way of saying that Christine probably slept with someone else for Christine to be divorced now. So, bad on Christine for cheating on Ramen Ringlets? 

The grown kids, Christine and Janelle talking and having fun show such positivity and LIFE. Robyn and Kody are full of negativity and alienation of the rest of the family. I hope the show will continue with Christine, Janelle, and their kids. Kody is nothing but a malignant tumor on this show. Free up money for the others by dumping him. 

Oh, Meri. Robyn didn't even call you about Easter, yet she strings you along. Robyn is a lying liar who sleeps with Kody. Stop being their doormat. 

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

she seems to still believe that everyone is falling for her act

Well, the Kodester does. But he might be the only one.Oh, and probably Mykelti. That makes two 😏

• Like 10
  • LOL 7
10 hours ago, 65mickey said:

The really strange part here is that Janelle's birthday is May 6th. and Easter last year was on April 17.  So if Janelle said on her birthday that she hadn't seen Kody since the fight in December then she would not have seen him in 5 months. So on Easter she said that she hadn't seen him in 2 week? None of this adds up.  Maybe it was a pretend Easter and it was really filmed after Janelle's May birthday. 

well,  they didn't say it WAS Easter, just that they were CELEBRATING Easter. 

To stick it to Kody.

And have something to film. 

It coulda been the 4th of July for all we know 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 13

I haven't been keeping up with Meri in the off season, so I too am wondering what happened to her dog!

14 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

It's baffling why Meri would want to spend one additional second with the Toxic Two.  She's nuts.  In the TH she says she knows Kootie wants nothing to do with her; how low must her self esteem be to hang around someone who despises her?

It has been well over 2 years since her great humiliation when Kody and her celebrated their non-anniversary on screen when he was skeeved out by her attempts to kiss him and he said plainly and boldly that "he wasn't coming." The door was not only closed but painted shut and brick walled over like something from a Poe short story.  If she didn't get a clue then she may have an humiliation kink.

Frankly, her behavior in scenes vs her interview comments don't jive. Yes, I realize that there is substantial lag time between scenes shot and interviews, however, that disconnect has been going on for several seasons. I think she knows it is over but has been playing along for money. The SW show pays but it also fuels her other sources of revenue. Let's face it, anyone susceptible to MLMs are more opt to sign up to a reality "star's" downline as opposed to Susie homemaker in Lehi, Utah.  She is one of the biggest sellers of ugly mismatched leggings, even if that company is reported to be on its last legs. Plus she's got her inn which I wouldn't doubt a large proportion of visitors are likely looky loos who hope to bump into her. It is a win win for her.

Part of me doesn't blame her for staying as long as she has, but I just hate the way she kowtow to Robyn. She literally looks afraid of Robyn. Just look at how she was trying to tell her she was moving her business to Parowan, but in her interviews admits that Robyn barely calls or texts. 

Edited by islandgal140
grammar
  • Like 12
  • Love 3

I think the dog Aribellobelablahblah was referring to was Moseby (sp?), Leon's dog that did spend a lot of time with Meri for a while when Leon was getting settled in various places they lived. (hope I got that pronoun correct...)

• Like 13
1 hour ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

One of the most blatant displays of hypocrisy on this episode was when Rob'em, who has been dry crying for two seasons about losing the big family, wouldn't consider a future family reunion.  SHE said it this time. For Christmas Eve, she manipulated Meri into excluding the others by stating it wouldn't be safe, but this time she outright and clearly said "no go" to being with the whole family for one dang day!!  And, of course, Father of the Year has no interest.  I can't stand either of them, but I am so glad they are losing their lying veneer and just letting that evil shine for the world to see.

100%. I have always suspected Robyn's insincerity and Machiavellian maneuvering, but it wasn't until she shut down Meri about the Christmas get-together that I actually saw it in action. And then this one was just further confirmation. It makes me wonder if maybe more had occurred, but the editors didn't show them until lately.

And what was great about this one, was that she shut it down this get-together because the people should air/discuss/resolve their differences first. So if she was genuinely concerned about people resolving their differences, and it wasn't simply the best excuse she could come up with to shut it down, then she would have actually encouraged the get-together, because since the people weren't willing to meet on their own, then having them come together at this get-together would provide an opportunity to start trying to heal. She really thinks the public is stupid...probably because if all you know about are the gullible fawning fans, then she would certainly think she can keep fooling them. But we're on to her!

• Like 13
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Honestly, if these people wanted to get together for Christmas in neutral territory, just rent out the back room of a restaurant or a community room, or something.  We know they can't go to Kody's because that's his sacred bow-chicka-wow space with Robyn but they can't go to, say, Garrison's because that puts Kody at a disadvantage - Garrison could ask Kody to GTFO of his house and Kody knows it.

So spare me the tears made of air, Robyn.  You're not getting together because YOU don't want to get together, and we all know it - heck, even MERI knows it at this point so your goose has been cooked, lady.

Also, I heard a snippet from the last episode on a podcast, where Robyn was supposedly telling Kody to go pick up his other kids for school...she said, "that's going to be a problem" in this sing-songy voice that I didn't catch at first.  I'm no expert, but the way she spoke those words made it clear that she NEVER actually said those words, she was just doing what she always does - rewrites history in a pathetic attempt to make herself not look like the family-wrecker she is.

• Like 19
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Honestly, if these people wanted to get together for Christmas in neutral territory, just rent out the back room of a restaurant or a community room, or something.  We know they can't go to Kody's because that's his sacred bow-chicka-wow space with Robyn but they can't go to, say, Garrison's because that puts Kody at a disadvantage - Garrison could ask Kody to GTFO of his house and Kody knows it.

So spare me the tears made of air, Robyn.  You're not getting together because YOU don't want to get together, and we all know it - heck, even MERI knows it at this point so your goose has been cooked, lady.

Also, I heard a snippet from the last episode on a podcast, where Robyn was supposedly telling Kody to go pick up his other kids for school...she said, "that's going to be a problem" in this sing-songy voice that I didn't catch at first.  I'm no expert, but the way she spoke those words made it clear that she NEVER actually said those words, she was just doing what she always does - rewrites history in a pathetic attempt to make herself not look like the family-wrecker she is.

From where I sit in the cheap seats, there are 14 family members that get along versus the 7 that are weird AF.  *IF* the group of 14 want to be generous, toss out a holiday invitation to the smaller group of 7.  If they come, they come.  But Kooter acting like the mafia Don making everyone kiss the ring is silly.  Kooter doesn't have the power in ANY of his relationships.  

Kooter does a lot of revisionist history where Sobbin is involved.  All of the  decisions are hers and he takes the blame for her.  If he even realizes it.  He is pretty dim.  

• Like 20
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

From where I sit in the cheap seats, there are 14 family members that get along versus the 7 that are weird AF.  *IF* the group of 14 want to be generous, toss out a holiday invitation to the smaller group of 7.  If they come, they come.  But Kooter acting like the mafia Don making everyone kiss the ring is silly.  Kooter doesn't have the power in ANY of his relationships.  

Kooter does a lot of revisionist history where Sobbin is involved.  All of the  decisions are hers and he takes the blame for her.  If he even realizes it.  He is pretty dim.  

You know this makes great sense, that is why it will never happen.

Sobbyn & Kooter will have some reason why it is not "safe" for everyone to be together in one place. Really S&K just want to keep their "tenders" under their thumbs and ignorant of what is really happening in the fambly and the real world. 

It is a sad world they are forced to live in...

• Like 11
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I’m sure Salsa Brava could accommodate the Browns for a private gathering. Invite everyone, and leave it up to each individual adult to decide if they want to attend.

Robyn and Kody have put the family in a “catch-22” situation— they can’t resolve their differences if they  don’t get together and they can’t get together until they resolve their differences.

At least Kody and Garrison and Gabe could meet in a neutral public place, in person, and have a discussion to try to make peace. A phone call or texting isn’t going to do anything positive now.

• Like 17
  • Applause 1

I love how the editors hate Robyn at this point.  When all the parents were polled about the family reunion idea even Meri who knows several people in the family hate her said she was up for it.  Then cut to Robyn saying it wouldn't be safe or whatever.  It was so obvious that she and Kody are the root of all the problems.

I wasn't paying very close attention, but I thought the time Janelle and Christine were talking at the rental was in late May or early June.  I thought Easter was at Christine's house and only Janelle was there with Christine's kids.  That would make the timeline make more sense especially since the Easter stuff looked like it was filmed by the family rather than the crew.

Regarding calling Easter Resurrection Sunday, this is something a lot of conservative Evangelicals are doing now as well.  Calling it Easter is too pagan though a lot of them color eggs and such anyway.  

Kody logic makes my head hurt.  Christine is separating him from his family.  Garrison invites him to a gathering at his house and Kody behaves like a toddler.  If he was so distraught over losing his family, he would go anywhere to see them.  Also, I am tired of hearing that they need to resolve things before they can get together.  I've said this before, but why couldn't Ysabel impose the same conditions?  Why did she have to play happy family with the same jerk who told her to go across the country by herself to get much needed surgery?

I have some suspicions that Kody and Robyn were never that supportive of Leon even before their transition.  I think they saw Leon's and Audrey's wedding as a ratings grabber and also even Kody realized that if he said unsupportive things there would be backlash.  I always got the sense that Leon and Audrey were pretty lukewarm when they were looking at wedding venues with Kody.  Maybe the pandemic helped them to decide they weren't going to fake it anymore.  Good for them if that is the case.

• Like 15
On 10/23/2023 at 5:32 PM, altopower said:

The LDS church isn't actually Christian. They define THEMSELVES as being within Christianity and most Mormons identify themselves as "Christian" but the theology is different.  The LDS church rejects the ecumenical creeds and the doctrine of the Trinity, which is pretty central. 

Honestly, I don't understand most of what they do believe, but it's clearly not the same as my church (Episcopal), which is very mainstream. Which could explain why different families have adopted different traditions, such as observing Passover but not Resurrection Sunday.

Kody has always been weird. No wonder the Browns don't really understand what they're doing religion-wise.

100% THIS!  I'm also Episcopalian and we're all about EASTER.  It's our biggest day.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 10/23/2023 at 5:01 PM, ragingpixie said:

That's why Kody can miss me with his talk of Passover. My skin still itches from the time he pretended to be Jewish for ten seconds and said a blessing in garbled Hebrew.

That pissed me off worse than any of the other religious BS. Anybody who wants to can celebrate Passover -- with Jews. Just as anyone who wants to attend a Catholic Mass can do so, but Buddhists performing a "Mass" at home with crackers and wine is a gross insult to other people's tradition. Kody could visit a synagogue and seek an invitation to a Seder, but why do that when you can just spew some nonsense and feel self-righteous? Loathsome man.

• Like 7
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I love how the editors hate Robyn at this point.

To be fair, she gives them a deep well of material to choose from.

12 hours ago, IvySpice said:
On 10/23/2023 at 4:01 PM, ragingpixie said:

That's why Kody can miss me with his talk of Passover. My skin still itches from the time he pretended to be Jewish for ten seconds and said a blessing in garbled Hebrew.

That pissed me off worse than any of the other religious BS. Anybody who wants to can celebrate Passover -- with Jews. Just as anyone who wants to attend a Catholic Mass can do so, but Buddhists performing a "Mass" at home with crackers and wine is a gross insult to other people's tradition. Kody could visit a synagogue and seek an invitation to a Seder, but why do that when you can just spew some nonsense and feel self-righteous? Loathsome man.

Wait, this ramen-headed narcissist tried to say a prayer in Hebrew?! What the actual fuck? I need a link. No wait, I don't, because if I see this I might put my foot through my TV and I can't afford a new TV right now.

Given that we all know KoDouche is a top shelf narc, and he is highly delusional on a good day, I absolutely believe HE thinks he's coming across to the public as 'hip and openminded' by claiming to celebrate Passover. I doubt they have a proper seder or say read from the Hagaddah, or do anything resembling a correct seder. He is disgusting, and I want TLC to fire his ass once and for all. I don't need to see anymore clips of Sobbyn pretending to cry and be so emotionally over-wrought over losing HER DREAM. And I don't need to see anymore proof that Douche is a douche and a horrible father. My biggest pleasure would be to see a spin off featuring only Christine, Janelle, and their children (minus Tony & Mykelti because those two skeeve me out) living their best lives and ocassionally throwing shade at DoucheSob7. Hell, I'd even include Meri in the spin off just because it would grate the fuck out of Douche knowing all three of his OG wives were collecting that sweet, sweet TLC paycheck and he wasn't!

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

I absolutely believe HE thinks he's coming across to the public as 'hip and openminded' by claiming to celebrate Passover.

He may, but I don't think that was the vibe. The vibe was that he's a better, more authentic Christian because praying in Hebrew is more Jesusy. He was joining a bandwagon of people approximating Jewish practices in service of their Christianity. To be open-minded, you'd have to recognize that this tradition is foreign to you. He believed it was his to reclaim.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

He may, but I don't think that was the vibe. The vibe was that he's a better, more authentic Christian because praying in Hebrew is more Jesusy. He was joining a bandwagon of people approximating Jewish practices in service of their Christianity. To be open-minded, you'd have to recognize that this tradition is foreign to you. He believed it was his to reclaim.

This. Nearly everything I know about the LDS church, I learned from South Park and The Book of Mormon so I'm hoping Matt and Trey aren't steering me wrong but Mormons believe that they are the descendants of "ancient Jews who built boats and sailed to America." Kody believes that he descends from the Twelve Tribes. He thinks by stealing Jewish customs, it makes him the most Jesus-like and chosen by God. That's why he keeps "cafeteria" kosher (and I call it that because no way he's ever kashered an inch of any kitchen in any home. He picks and chooses what laws he actually cares to follow.) and "celebrates" Jewish holidays. It's appropriative and gross. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 4
31 minutes ago, surfgirl said:

Wait, this ramen-headed narcissist tried to say a prayer in Hebrew?! What the actual fuck? I need a link. No wait, I don't, because if I see this I might put my foot through my TV and I can't afford a new TV right now.

Do you remember season 7, episode 6, "Four Wives in Two RVs"? It's where the Browns hit Route 66, and one of their stops was with the Richards family, a non-Mormon polygamist family in Missouri? That family hosted a Passover seder, and after the plyg husband gave the blessing, Kody bragged that he could do it in Hebrew, then proceeded to do so (and not so well). 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
16 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Mormons believe that they are the descendants of "ancient Jews who built boats and sailed to America."

No, the story is that American Indians are the literal descendants of these ancient Jews. White Mormons know that they are of English or Swedish descent or whatever. But one of the first things they appropriated from Jews was calling everyone outside of their church "Gentiles." They believe that Joseph Smith restored the original church as founded by Jesus and the Apostles, which fell into apostasy shortly after Jesus's death. So they have a long history of presenting themselves as more authentically Jesusy and tied to ancient Jerusalem than other flavors of Christians.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

Kody logic makes my head hurt.  Christine is separating him from his family.  Garrison invites him to a gathering at his house and Kody behaves like a toddler.  If he was so distraught over losing his family, he would go anywhere to see them.  Also, I am tired of hearing that they need to resolve things before they can get together.  I've said this before, but why couldn't Ysabel impose the same conditions?  Why did she have to play happy family with the same jerk who told her to go across the country by herself to get much needed surgery?

He isn't  distraught about losing the family (many of whom he barely saw), he is distraught about losing CONTROL of them. 

1 hour ago, IvySpice said:

No, the story is that American Indians are the literal descendants of these ancient Jews. White Mormons know that they are of English or Swedish descent or whatever. But one of the first things they appropriated from Jews was calling everyone outside of their church "Gentiles." They believe that Joseph Smith restored the original church as founded by Jesus and the Apostles, which fell into apostasy shortly after Jesus's death. So they have a long history of presenting themselves as more authentically Jesusy and tied to ancient Jerusalem than other flavors of Christians.

Isn't there something about Jesus having appeared in North America after his resurrection? 

Edited by MamaMax
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

And every single religion claims is the ONE TRUE RELIGION that will set the rules for the rest of the world.

Kodyism is a made up, one man religion where he sets the rules. 

• Like 14
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

Isn't there something about Jesus having appeared in North America after his resurrection? 

Yes. He showed up in the Americas and basically repeated the Sermon on the Mount. This is described in the Book of Mormon.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Honesly, all of the cockamamie stories and rules of religion make me glad every day to be agnostic.

And every single religion claims is the ONE TRUE RELIGION that will set the rules for the rest of the world.

No, thanks.

Totally with you on that!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Yes. He showed up in the Americas and basically repeated the Sermon on the Mount. This is described in the Book of Mormon.

I can only envision this as in the Broadway musical.

• LOL 10
22 hours ago, IvySpice said:

He believed it was his to reclaim.

In truth, LDS believe Christianity is theirs to reclaim, that it had been corrupted and lost. 

@ivyspice, Sorry to repeat what you already said. 

Edited by Granny58
IvySpice beat me to it.
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

I thought for a while Meri did have a dog but I've only watched intermittently.

The scene with Christine cooking lasagne (and who makes lasagne where there are no leftovers?) was, I think, filmed in July, so the timeline is just nuts on this show.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

Friday night treat- only one home eating Whataburger watching SW. I love love love new Janelle. She has Kody's number for sure. She's so calm and measured in her responses, it's like she's finally waking up to how Kody has been for years, but she doesn't have the bitterness that Christine has. You go Janelle, keep thinking positive. I think she doesn't need polygamy, but maybe a hubby or boyfriend who drives long distance trucking. Home for 2 weeks, gone a month.

• Like 15
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I think Christine knows the reason she gets screen time is her unabashed commentary. She can afford the Botox she undoubted got on her forehead (not digging on her - I thought she looked great). 

• Like 8
4 hours ago, RoxiP said:

I think Christine knows the reason she gets screen time is her unabashed commentary. She can afford the Botox she undoubted got on her forehead (not digging on her - I thought she looked great). 

Totally agree @RoxiP. She's saying what we all say at home. But I'm loving Janelle's take immensely. It's not out of the realm of possibility to say "Christine is a woman scorned, that's why she's so vocal about Robyn and Kody." But Janelle is so rational and calm. I love hearing her talk about how stress free and peaceful her life is now. You're up next Meri.

• Like 12

I noticed in that article above that Sobbyn & The Douchecanoe were thinking of selling the MANSION and moving to a "cheaper" state.  I'm thinking Oklahoma sounds good!

They have McDonald's in Oklahoma, so Sobbyn can FINALLY GET A J-O-B!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
28 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I read the article and I wish people would type "divorce" instead of divorce, because Janelle and Christine were never "married."  

I do get this, however if we are to try to see their perspective, then we should use their language. I am of the mindset that a marriage is what you put into the relationship. The marriage is every day, thick and thin etc. Because a marriage has certain legal rights to it, it brings legal paperwork. Without the legal paperwork the actual marriage is still the every day ebb and flow. For many people it is also a mindset that a non legally bound couple can just easily walk away one day. These days even non legally bound couples often have pets, children, homes, cars and finances that are shared and untying those bounds can be just as difficult without the legal certificate.

I don't know if they would use different language if they were just speaking to people of their community. Maybe "unsealed" is what they would call it then, and they just use "divorce" since that is what the rest of the world calls it.

From the beginning they did try to snow us all by saying they had "four equal but separate marriages", but now they have confessed that wasn't true, even back then. None of these women were ever truly equal.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I read the article and I wish people would type "divorce" instead of divorce, because Janelle and Christine were never "married."  

It doesn't bother me so much. In their faith tradition, they were married. I know people who are staunch Catholics who don't consider legal marriages outside the Catholic church to be "real" marriages. For years, gay people couldn't get married but were very much in valid marriages, so I'm of the mind that marriages don't have to be legal and it's not always necessary to be so attentive to semantics. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I noticed in that article above that Sobbyn & The Douchecanoe were thinking of selling the MANSION and moving to a "cheaper" state.  I'm thinking Oklahoma sounds good!

They have McDonald's in Oklahoma, so Sobbyn can FINALLY GET A J-O-B!!!

We also have Victoria's Secret. Kody's buddy Rick lives somewhere in the Tulsa area, and yes, @goofygirl, although house prices have risen here also, its still cheaper than most of the country. Plus its a good central location to get to a lot of gun shows for Kody. It's a win all around and I promise to find and befriend them when they move here. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1