Type keyword(s) to search

S20. E04: Coronation Day

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

The most surprising result to me, though, was that the judges like Kara Saun's dress. All I could see was a Standard Poodle who'd just come back from the groomer.

I also thought of a poodle - glad someone else said it!  And I don't even like that look on poodles.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

I liked Korto's cloak and headdress and I liked Fabio's dress.  I just didn't like them together.  It looked like 2 different people.  Same thing with Laurance and Kara Saun's outfit.  Loved the cloak...that thing underneath looked like someone was wearing her petticoat and hoop skirt without the actual dress.  Herster and Fabio needed a different fabric.  Something that moved and was color rich not heavy, unmoving, washed out gray.  They might have won if they had.

Viktor and Kayne's dress was interesting.  It definitely veered into costume.  Without the corset, it was still costumey.  it was the detailing and headdress.  Dump the corset, dump the head/neck thing,  put a choker on her for jewelry, keep the leg detailing which I thought was cool and they had a good look.  However, I'd rather keep people who gave me too many ideas than keep the people who gave me none like Brittany and Anna.  That dress was sad...bad color, bad fit, bad styling, etc.  It looked like a princess dress at the end of a drunken night... limp, heavy, and droopy.  As much as I would like to see Anna go, I would have sent home Brittany.  She was responsible for that horrible skirt.

Personally, my winning look was Rami and Bishnee's.  That is a dress I could see a royal in.  Shoot even pair it with Korto or Laurance's clock and it would still work.  They might have won if they had time to produce a more dramatic shoulder.  The dress was simple and elegant.  Drama at the shoulder would have made it runway.  Even doing it in white or silver would have elevated it.

• Like 16
44 minutes ago, littlebennysmom said:

Hester = Performative.  I feel no authenticity from her at all (and I haven't watched her in other seasons).

I told my daughter that she'll come back again in a few years sporting a whole new persona. ITA there is nothing authentic about her at all.

• Like 14
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I know I'm a sucker for gowns, but I have to admit I loved so many of these designs and even the problematic ones, I found something I liked about them.  I would have put Rami and Bishme's gown right up there with Prajjé and Korto.  I must admit, I loved what Hester and Fabio did-- I thought I would hate it when I saw the fabrics, but they absolutely pulled it off.  I don't think the plaid is for everyone and another fabric could have elevated it, but it did seem fresh and forward.  I'm so disappointed about the pairing of Viktor and Kayne.  They were so diplomatic when working together, but it was to their detriment.  I wondered if that corset would have worked under the purple fabric, peeking out.  If not, at least get rid of that peplum-- way too costume-y.  I have a feeling Kayne made a complete bodice to the dress in hopes of Viktor ditching the corset.  They both needed to edit.

• Like 17
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Victor's corset combined with the styling made the gown look like something a Viking princess would wear. Maybe if they'd sold that as their client, the judges would've bought it more.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
4 hours ago, pally said:

As much as I would like to see Anna go, I would have sent home Brittany.  She was responsible for that horrible skirt.

Anna did the skirt. Brittany did the top. They even said so on the runway.

At first, I was leery of Korto's and Prajje's, but I ended up loving it and definitely thought it deserved the win. Anna and Brittany were so obviously the worst, wtf? 

As someone above said, the train on Hester (oops, almost typed Fester -- really) and Fabio's looked like a table cloth. The fabric was too heavy and on close-up looked like upholstery fabric. I think Hester's runway makeup was more hideous than her red eyeshadow (although it was close).

At first, I was a bit offput by Wes Gordon's obvious plastic surgery (cheek bones, chin, nose, lips), but then he was so gosh darn sensible, I forgot all about that!

• Like 9
7 hours ago, Leeds said:

What the hell was Kaura San yammering on about in the bar and in the talking head, going on about the OGs?  (Had to look that one up!)  They may have experience but they have to keep up with the times and keep innovating.  And, Rami, the judges are going to greet/interact more warmly someone they're personally familiar with - Brandon and Elaine weren't judging when they were on. 

Rami was talking about Christian, not the judges.  The guy he competed with so many years ago.  The guy who should know him and greet him warmly because of that experience.

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
7 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Seriously, I betcha Elaine couldn't even name a non-British royal, let alone anticipate what they would wear. 

She did mention seeing Meghan Markle wearing that plaid outfit.  That gave me a good chuckle if that’s who she’s envisioning wearing these gowns.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
53 minutes ago, answerphone said:

Anna should have gone. 

I agree Anna should have gone, not that I liked Viktor's corset but that bustle or overlay or skirt  Anna made just dragged the dress down,  the materials did not mesh together and I don' t think she seems happy to be there. The whole dress was just off. And I agree with Brandon that Viktor and Kayne's was more of a stage/costume/performance dress  - I got Flash Gordon vibes (the 1980 movie).

I also agree that Rami and Bishmi I think captured the essence of a modern royal - not a futuristic one - which was not the challenge. I also liked Hester and Fabio's look. 

All that being said, I do agree with the judge's choice of the winners - Korto and Prajje (I am still impressed from last wee's challenge with his top and pants) . That coat was beautiful! The blue was stunning and they weaved together a narrative that fit with the dress and challenge. 

• Like 6
21 hours ago, Pi237 said:

What are those ovals on the models back? Paltrow and her cupping? Very distracting from the gown.

I THINK it may be cupping from a massage. It can leave marks like that. I'm surprised she had that done before a runway show??

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SHERMDOG said:

I THINK it may be cupping from a massage. It can leave marks like that. I'm surprised she had that done before a runway show??

I get that done at a chiropractor, the marks are gone in a day….

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I feel like several teams used their own interpretation of the challenge.  I don't think it was for mythical or imaginary queens.  Nor was it for a supposed "queen" of music.  It was about royalty - young and modern royalty.  

And yet they specifically showed Beyonce in that sun-ray crown outfit.... If they meant "something that can be worn to a state occasion by a modern-day (or even near-future) royal", they should have said that. Instead there was plenty of talk-up about celebrities, etc, being "queens".

22 hours ago, roctavia said:

I do not understand why Kara Saun and Laurance were in the top... that was a hot mess of a dress. The skirt was ridiculous and the coat/cape didn't fit with it at all. It looked like she was being choked by the neck of the outfit... hard pass.

Christian pointed out that the two pieces didn't go together at all and suggested they find something to tie it together - they chose a leather shoestring about her waist.

Yeah, that did it!

Meanwhile, the dress looks like a figure skater got run over by a cheap lingerie knockoff truck.

22 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

However, that dress. There isn’t a royal out there who would wear something both that ugly and ill-fitting, and there are a LOT of royals who wear ugly, ill-fitting clothes (Maria-Teresa of Luxembourg and her stumpifying pants, Camilla and her 10,000 versions of a housecoat, Sophie of Liechtenstein who takes fashion cues from Lady Bird Johnson and Mamie Eisenhower.)

Mentally, I dubbed that dress, “Depression in the form of Bridal Wear.” They both deserved the aufing.

It was horrific. SOMEONE involved in that outfit needed to go - it's unreal that they chose Victor. Even if they didn't like the drama of the corset, it wasn't the complete travesty that Depression Bride was.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Add me to the Anna-should-have-gone-home contingent. 

I think the judges wanted to make Anna-Brittany the bottom but Elaine fought for Anna with her "it was the sleeves" nonsense and my new crush Wes wasn't buying it. But they all agreed that Victor would be the one to go home for the his so they just went that way.

I don't think Victor & Kayne's look could have ever really worked....WAY too many ideas there! But some editing maybe could have made them safe. I wonder if they had painted the corset a different color (black? Dark purple?) and ditched the peplum if it could have helped. The silver was so costume-y. 

Kara Saun & Laurence deserved to be in the bottom with that mess. I would have put Hester & Fabio in the top 2, not that it matters since Korto & Pradje were the clear winners. Can't stand Hester but that look was 99% Fabio. 

Loved when Brandon said something like "there were no bad looks tonight" and then we see Wes's face which cracked me up. Can he just take over for Elaine?

Edited by Blueboxes
  • Like 14
  • LOL 5

I’m still in shock that the tiered ruffled 50s negligee monstrosity was in the top two!  And, that stupid thin, little black belt “made it work”?  It was LAUGHABLE!  Clown-like!  An insult to Lagerfeld!  I thought for sure one of those two designers would have been voted off.  It was an absolute travesty to lose Victor over his gown!  I thought his design was one of the top ones!  For a “queen” of the stage or a futuristic space queen!  I LOVED the corset detail.  Made it more “edgy”.  I can absolutely see Lady Gaga wearing that.  The headpiece was something which really stood out for me.  “Costume-y”, YES!  But that tiered see through thing was “costume-y” as well!  I really don’t understand the judges’ taste.  They’re usually calling out the designers for their taste level, but I think they need to look at themselves.  Once again, I think these contests are rigged and that the judges have contestants that they want to stay in for unknown reasons.  Last week’s loser also made no sense.  Should have been Laurent.  They want to keep her around for some mysterious reason.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

At least Viktor's corset was well constructed and the bodice Kayne made was well fitting.    Anna's sad sack train was the wrong fabric and the sleeves Brittany made were baggy.  I do not understand why Viktor went home over Anna or even Brittany.  I would keep the too much going on costume gown over no creativity depressing seen it before gown.      

• Like 17
  • Love 1
On 6/30/2023 at 9:52 AM, Fake Jan Brady said:

FYI Brandon Maxwell: the word you are looking for is agreement, not agreeance🙄

If I recall correctly, this annoying term sprang up on Next in Fashion a year or two ago. It's obnoxious as hell.

Maybe if Viktor's corset were in a stiff lux fabric that complemented the other fabric, it would have worked. They are keeping Anna in the hopes she has another dramatic meltdown. She's camera fodder.

By God, Hester is determined to be the Spokesperson for All Things Queer (while Fabio silently does all of the work). I did appreciate her and Fabio's interesting take on the challenge.

Loved the guest judge, and was surprised to hear Prajje say something like "Caroline Herrera is my favorite brand." But then I looked at his website.

What the hell was Kaura San yammering on about in the bar and in the talking head, going on about the OGs?

I think that was Korto.

• Like 5

/grandma voice "What is this 'OG' those kids are talking about? Old group? Heh? I think they all need some cookies." /end grandma voice

Er...a shoestring belt, circa 1983, pulls an entire future royal gown look together? No. No, it did not. Shoestring belts belong on women working in the office who need a little flair to a bland dress. They do not belong anywhere near a royal gown. 

I liked the idea of a gender fluid royal gown and a fresh look at femininity and elegance, but Father Knows Best plaid tie fabric didn't quite cut it. Too bad. And why in f*ck all would you want to apply so much red gunk around your eyes that you look like a walking Typhoid Mary, pinkeye style? Gross. Also, and it kills me to say this, but I think I'd rather have original recipe quirky Hester back. Sanctimonious Hester is tiresome. 

The winning look absolutely deserved it. Wow. 

And another vote for making the guest judge permanent. And for the Anna or Britney should've gone home. Double elimination, judges, you shoulda done it.

Greer is still erasing doubt with her pilot pens, for those who care. Show sponsor can't even come up with a new commercial? Times are tough. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Meanwhile, the dress looks like a figure skater got run over by a cheap lingerie knockoff truck.

OMG - That was so funny - and it sounds like a comment Michael Kors would have made back in the day! Plus when the model walked you could see her underwear. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
14 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

And yet they specifically showed Beyonce in that sun-ray crown outfit.... If they meant "something that can be worn to a state occasion by a modern-day (or even near-future) royal", they should have said that. Instead there was plenty of talk-up about celebrities, etc, being "queens".

Yes!  The brief included celebrity royalty, so why the critiques against Viktor and Kayne's choice?  Especially when showing a very costume-y look as an example.  I still would have put their runway look close to the bottom due to over exuberance with the accessories, but I don't think they should have be dinged for their concept.

• Like 7

Wes Gordon is the first guest judge in recent memory who saw problems, knew why, and explained them so clearly that even I understood. After looking at some of his designs online, I can honestly say 'I would wear that'.....actually, I'd wear everything.

• Like 19
  • Applause 3
1 minute ago, allirish47 said:

Wes Gordon is the first guest judge in recent memory who saw problems, knew why, and explained them so clearly that even I understood. After looking at some of his designs online, I can honestly say 'I would wear that'.....actually, I'd wear everything.

I absolutely agree with you. But, I also saw those same problems that he did (most of them anyway). Why couldn't Elaine or Nina?

I know...rhetorical question.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
17 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yes!  The brief included celebrity royalty, so why the critiques against Viktor and Kayne's choice?  Especially when showing a very costume-y look as an example.  I still would have put their runway look close to the bottom due to over exuberance with the accessories, but I don't think they should have be dinged for their concept.

I can just picture Santino (season 2) arguing this very point in defending an outfit he made!

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 6/30/2023 at 11:42 AM, seacliffsal said:

And Brittany and Anna?  That was just sad. Elaine was trying to blame the look on the ill fitting sleeves and Wes Gordon was not having that.  He was a great guest judge and I think he could finally be the one to fill the sadly missing shoes of Michael Kors.  Wes Gordon knew where the problems were and was not afraid to contradict the permanent judges.  I think the judges are really having to work hard to justify saving their favorites.  

I liked all your takes on the dresses but I especially liked your takes on the guest judge with one variation. I think it would be better if he replaced Elaine. Brandon has grown on me and I like his personality, that he has a thriving fashion business and also works with some major celebrities. Elaine brings nothing to the table and I think it would be a good dynamic with Brandon and Gordon bringing their real time fashion business/design knowledge and then Nina with her…whatever it is she brings (I say that as someone who likes her,ha). 

I swear, if I were around Britany(sp) and her gangsta snapping finger motions I would just loudly in front of everyone ask WHY DO YOU DO THAT? IT’S NOT COOL ANYMORE!!

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2

That guest judge was a breath of fresh air. He was thoughtful, informative, has experience in the industry, and not some monotone influencer looking for a soundbite. Elaine Welteroth always comes off two-faced to me and Brandon is a poor-man's... not even Michael Korrs. He's a poor man's Zac Posen.

• Like 9
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

I swear, if I were around Britany(sp) and her gangsta snapping finger motions I would just loudly in front of everyone ask WHY DO YOU DO THAT? IT’S NOT COOL ANYMORE!!

It's better than Hester's hipster finger snapping applause she did in an earlier episode.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Just another vote for the guest judge, Wes Gordon. I never expect anything from them (as usual), but as soon as the runway started, he was just looking at everything so intensely. I was like, damn, this dude is taking this super seriously and seems very passionate. His face was so entertaining, especially when the fashion was killing him. Then his critiques were so good and forthright, without any bullshit, and he didn't care what the other judges thought. It was so refreshing. Can we start a petition. 😁 

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

Wes Gordon put (almost all) other guest judges to shame. His comments were not only thoughtful but also precise. I do not know what Elaine, a fashion editor, thought when she said Meghan Markle would look great in the fabulous plaid outfit. She would look dreadful. Not a slam against MM, but she's too short for it; that outfit calls for a woman who is at least 5'10. Sigh. 

• Like 15
23 hours ago, Blueboxes said:

Loved when Brandon said something like "there were no bad looks tonight" and then we see Wes's face which cracked me up. Can he just take over for Elaine?

Yes! His critiques were a breath of fresh air. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
On 6/30/2023 at 12:16 PM, littlebennysmom said:

Hester = Performative.  I feel no authenticity from her at all (and I haven't watched her in other seasons).

omg, I was coming here just to say that.  she seems to me opportunistic.    fabio who is extremely authentic and lives and designs his truth, completely made her look foolish in my opinion.  i just adore him. i know those cigarette pants were his, they fit like a glove.  She can go home yesterday.

• Like 13
(edited)

I hated the top and back of Raimi/Bishme's gown, it looked unfinished and I don't get why the bra needed to be visible. Brittanys/Anna's just looked dumpy, flat, and heavy; I would definitely score it far lower than Kayne/Victor, who did some beautiful work even if the corset took it too far; and personally I'd much rather a fantasy costume than something that touches on the reality of monarchial rule today, which is profoundly ugly and outdated.  I'm sorry Viktor went home, should have been Anna. 

Fabio/Hester's look was also really well done, and no one gets to gatekeep non-binary identities, Hester's identity and pronouns are valid no matter whether you like them as a person or not.  

Korto definitely deserved this win, her and Praijie's gown was really special.

Edited by Glade
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, gorgy said:

That guest judge was a breath of fresh air. He was thoughtful, informative, has experience in the industry, and not some monotone influencer looking for a soundbite. Elaine Welteroth always comes off two-faced to me and Brandon is a poor-man's... not even Michael Korrs. He's a poor man's Zac Posen.

Not even Zac Posen!  Brandon Maxwell is nothing more than an “also ran”!  He is so negative and has no sense of humor.  His face always looks like he has sucked a lemon!   I assume that real designers such as Isaac Mizrahi (my personal fave and the wittiest of them all) and Michael Kors don’t want to be bothered with this type of thing, now in it’s gazillionth season, having bounced back and forth between networks and it isn’t the fresh new show on the block anymore.  Why not some REAL designers, like Marc Jacobs or Tom Ford?  Even Phoebe Philo … or Stella McCartney.  Someone with actual taste and an original point of view.  Even quirky Betsy Johnson would be an improvement on Brandon Maxwell … and she would do cartwheels on stage! 😝  Elaine Welteroth can go too!  Tracee Ellis Ross could easily replace her. 

Edited by ChattyCathyLA
Punctuation error
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
On 6/30/2023 at 9:30 AM, Leeds said:

What the hell was Kaura San yammering on about in the bar and in the talking head, going on about the OGs?  (Had to look that one up!)  

Please stop with the God bothering, Kaura San.  

Both of these were Korto, not Kara Saun.

(edited)
On 7/1/2023 at 7:47 AM, pasdetrois said:

I think that was Korto.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Both of these were Korto, not Kara Saun.

Thank you both, and apologies.  Corrected on originals.

Edited by Leeds
  • Like 2
On 7/1/2023 at 7:47 AM, pasdetrois said:

By God, Hester is determined to be the Spokesperson for All Things Queer (while Fabio silently does all of the work). 

This, but they need to learn to articulate and represent the non-binary world better - right now they're just a confusing mess of word salad and are doing themselves and the often mis-understood non-binary world no favours.

• Like 3
(edited)
On 6/30/2023 at 9:12 PM, CoyoteBlue said:

A Lili St Cyr original suitable for your local princess or the Olympics!

I don't understand what Hester is on about most of the time...I kinda get the gist of it but then they lose me.  And I liked their collection in that season.  Is their explanations are just lacking some cohesion maybe?

Edited by CherryMalotte

Weird vibe on this episode. It's as if each of the contestants were replaced by a clone that only had about 80% of their personalities. I don't know how else to explain it.

I think it's strange that in the 21st century people are still considering anything to do with royalty to be a positive. Most of the world has done away with that whole thing, sometimes violently. Korto said something to the effect of "My grandmother lived in the Empire of Mali, therefore I am a Queen". Uh, no Korto. It most likely means you would be the SUBJECT of the emperor. 

22 hours ago, Leeds said:

This, but they need to learn to articulate and represent the non-binary world better - right now they're just a confusing mess of word salad and are doing themselves and the often mis-understood non-binary world no favours.

I feel that when any designer says they are making something that is non-binary what they mean is that either women or non-straight men could wear it. 

• Like 4

Hester's makeup through the episode looked like the evolution of a nasty case of conjunctivitis, ala Bob Costas at the Sochi Olympics. Somehow, I didn't hate the look that they made, although I think it was more Fabio's doing - I think a different fabric (tiny checks maybe?) would have worked better, but I thought the silhouette worked even though it wasn't anything that hasn't been done before. 

I am shocked that the judges liked Kara Saun and Laurence's look. The cape was fine but the dress reminded me of Madonna's Like a Virgin wedding dress at the VMA's from 30 years ago. (Hold up, that was FORTY years ago - jeez I'm getting old!) Even if the design didn't look like an Old West can-can girl, that fabric looked like it came from a Party City Ice Capades costume. Hideous. 

I was a bit surprised that Anna and Brittany didn't work better together. Maybe they're too alike to mesh well. Drab fabric, boring design, just uninspired all around and I think it was more Anna's (un)doing than Brittany's. It certainly wasn't better than Kayne and Viktor's look - theirs wasn't good either, but at least it wasn't boring. And for Nina to say "but Kayne IS a costume designer" - so what? Kara Saun is a costume designer too and y'all practically drooled over her tacky-ass getup. Shame to see Viktor go - this wasn't his best week but he absolutely was not the worst performance in this challenge. I call shenanigans. 

Korto and Prajje really knocked it out of the park. I loved everything about it, especially that headpiece. Prajje was clearly the supporting member of the team this week, but I think he's done interesting stuff all season so far and is a force to be reckoned with going forward. Someone upthread mentioned that the dress looked like a skating costume - I totally see the resemblance to something Katarina Witt wore, but I still loved it. 

Rami is my hands down favorite this season. His draping is still impeccable and I thought their dress did actually look like something a powerful, glamourous woman would wear. I guess it's not "young and fresh" but most things royal aren't. Things don't have to be wacky to be modern-looking, and clothes that women over 30 would wear aren't inherently unfashionable. Grrrr.

• Like 15
  • Love 1
On 6/30/2023 at 8:30 AM, Leeds said:

What the hell was Korto yammering on about in the bar and in the talking head, going on about the OGs?  (Had to look that one up!)  They may have experience but they have to keep up with the times and keep innovating.  And, Rami, the judges are going to greet/interact more warmly someone they're personally familiar with - Brandon and Elaine weren't judging when they were on. 

Please stop with the God bothering, Korto.  It's been refreshingly absent from PR (unlike, say, Survivor), and I really think God, if they exist, has better things to do than "training (her) to get ready" to be on the show again.  Agh.

Tolerance is a virtue.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
On 7/3/2023 at 11:52 PM, RoxiP said:

Please stop with the God bothering, Korto.  It's been refreshingly absent from PR (unlike, say, Survivor), and I really think God, if they exist, has better things to do than "training (her) to get ready" to be on the show again.  Agh.

I have to agree with this. Even when I was more religious than I am now, I never understood why people would think God would want them to win a contest/sporting event/anything over someone else.  Just never got that logic.

• Like 13

Brittany and Anna's dress, particularly Anna's bottom portion, looked like Disney Princess wilted after a long day of duties in the Walt Disney World Florida heat and humidity.  The end of the train even looked like it has been chewed up by dragging on asphalt.  In comparison to all of the other's, Anna deserved the boot for this one.

Kara Saun delivered a 60's or 70's cheap sci-fi idea of future fashion...like something drawn for Judy Jetson.  She continues to be too highly rated just like I thought she was in season one.  Close second to Anna in the deserving to go category. Laurence's cape looked well made but it was definitely in the costume realm and in no way contrasted well with that monstrosity beneath it.  

Prajjé's dress was kind of a mess.  It bunched up really bad in the upper thigh area while walking too. A safe look at best. What helped it here was Korto's really stunning robe which was great in most part due to a wise fabric/color choice more than design.

Hester and Fabio...meh.  The top looked nice.  The bottom was also a throwback to a bygone fashion day and far from groundbreaking.  The fabric was not good.  The train looked like a piece of cardboard being dragged down the runway. Wrapping it in a social issue doesn't do anything toward making it a stellar piece of fashion.

Kayne and Viktor had an actual wearable look. Was it costumey?  Aren't all gowns somewhat costumey these days?  Weren't the Korto/Prajjé, Laurence/Kara Saun and Anna/Brittany designs also costumey? At least it made sense and was well constructed.  Viktor was done dirty with that dismissal.  There were at least two designers more deserving of leaving this week.

Rami and Bishme were robbed!  Their gown satisfied the challenge better than any of the others.  It was a lovely finished product in design, fabric, and execution.  Wes Gordon saw it and he has actual successful experience in dressing celebrities (who are the modern day royals).

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
On 7/1/2023 at 11:42 AM, SemiCharmedLife said:

I think Cher could have rocked Viktor and Kayne's dress back in the day.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I don't know if that's fair for any dress because Cher can make any crazy ass design work. It's the power of Cher. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Cher rocked outfits in the neighborhood of Kara Saun's and whatshername's get up. LOL! But then, Bob Mackie was definitely a costume designer.

ETA: Cher was a good call. I would have posted sooner, but I was looking for a photo of Cher in something like KS's dress. I can see it! 🤣

Edited by buttersister
  • Like 2