Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E34: Finale

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't know what that is but I think Monte was extremely gracious.  I don't get why people hate him, but that's just me personally.  He's so inoffensive.

Coz there’s a picture of him among a few others in the dictionary beside the term mysoginist asshole. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I was focusing on Taylor so didn’t see Monte’s reaction. Did he make Paul face?? Please tell me he made Paul face. (Yes, I’m petty.)

He handled it surprisingly well. He had time to be prepared, though, as he only got the one vote, ya know? 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

Looks like Nicole was apologizing to Taylor. 

I noticed that too.  It looked liked Taylor was receptive.   That was nice.  Looks like Daniel gave her a hug but no apology at that time.

13 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Can you summarize this? I missed what that loon said.

I would try but it was too convoluted

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

He handled it surprisingly well. He had time to be prepared, though, as he only got the one vote, ya know? 

He only got that one because Turner wasn’t included in any jury discussion or the round table. The rest clearly reached a consensus. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

He only got that one because Turner wasn’t included in any jury discussion or the round table. The rest clearly reached a consensus. 

Yeah, this seems to clearly have been one of those years where the jury came to a decision together. Which is fair enough by me, not knocking it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

100%, but at least these jurors weren't voting bitter AND they all were actively involved in the discussions on who should win.

I mean, if TERRANCE, of all people, voted for Taylor to win, you KNOW this decision was made with logic and reason and not based just on emotions and who they liked best.

• Like 2
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

100%, but at least these jurors weren't voting bitter AND they all were actively involved in the discussions on who should win.

I mean, if TERRANCE, of all people, voted for Taylor to win, you KNOW this decision was made with logic and reason and not based just on emotions and who they liked best.

I think they really respected the fact that, as I think Joseph articulated, she was on the block five times and, somehow, each time came off the block in a stronger position in the house than she was before.  And they really respected her social game - that she was gracious and polite and kind in the face of adversity that would have brought a weaker person to their knees.

ETA - no, it was Kyle who made that point about Taylor.  

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

We finally got a studio audience back this season, but then the big victory tonight took place in the backyard, with Julie and the audience watching on the giant viewscreen.  What was going on there? 

Did Julie test positive for something and needed to be away from the contestants?

The backyard "stage" they set up was kind of sparse and clinical-looking.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Kyle was the second biggest vote getter for AFP 

We don't know that.  He may have been third.  Michael may have been second.

I didn't care who would have won between Taylor and Turner because I liked them about the same, but between Monte and Taylor, I was rooting for Taylor just to have it all thrown back in Monte's face since he thought he could win against her.  So I'm very pleased with tonight's outcome.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Hanahope said:

Woo hoo!  So glad monte underestimated Taylor.  What a fantastic speech.

Taylor stayed up all night crafting a final speech and preparing for the questions she anticipated. Whereas Monte went to bed around 10 pm. Granted, Monte knew he had to do a comp and Taylor didn’t, but he also knew it wouldn’t be a physical comp. 

This is why you study, kids! 

• Like 1
  • Love 8

What on Earth was the jury thinking there? Don't get me wrong and I loved Taylor since early in the season when she was getting bullied by Nicole and Elvis Boy. But in no way should she have won in a landslide over Monty. I thought Monty was gonna win heavily over either Taylor or Turner. That was a joke. Michael or Kyle should have won America's favorite player. Taylor cleaned house. Hope Turner uses that money to make his van into a real Tiny House. Good season overall.

Edited by yanksno1
Turner

I wasn't entirely surprised that Kyle was up for AFP, because the hashtag for him kept trending this past week. I am going to assume it was all the "Let's keep raaaaaace out of it" folks who got annoyed with the Taylor love for....reasons.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 4
  • Love 12

I just got to see Taylor's final speech...she absolutely killed it. At the beginning of the season, I never would have imagined she could make it to the end. I'm so happy for her.

And winning AFP, whoo! I was hoping she'd get to feel the love from the viewers. 

The stage setup seemed so clinical and odd.

I like Joseph, and still Michael to a point. The rest can be gone.

Glad Jasmine's ankle finally healed. Lol.

It was a typically ugly season, but at least there was a lovely winner. For once!

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

What on Earth was the jury thinking there? Don't get me wrong and I loved Taylor since early in the season when she was getting bullied by Nicole and Elvis Boy. But in no way should she have won in a landslide over Monty. I thought Monty was gonna win heavily over either Taylor or Tuner.

Basically, you have to get the people to want to give you $750,000. If they don't like you, then you're not going to win (so long as you bring along someone they like better than you). 

• Like 1
  • Love 9

A perfect recent example like Monte was Tyler, who was clearly the "better player" than Kaycee, but he clearly believed that his resume was all he needed, and Kaycee was, like, "I was aligned with you this whole time and I remained friendly with these people while you pissed them off" and so she got the win. 

Jordan is another notable example of a similar win. They didn't have the resume, but they were liked more. And that's fine. That's why you don't BRING people like them to the F2! It was a terribly cocky move by Monte. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

I got a phone call right as the F2 HOH was starting during the East Coast broadcast, so I was distracted for the last hour or so of the show and am just now watching the broadcast here on the West Coast again.  

Absolutely LOVE Taylor's Finale night outfit.  I'm so glad she got a chance to wear it - just gorgeous!  

Monte completely tanked the answer to Kyle's question.  That was BAD.  He bounced back on the 2nd question.  In retrospect, I bet Monte now realizes the biggest risk he took, and his biggest blunder, was taking Taylor to the F2, lol.

Taylor was great in all of the questions.  During the jury roundtable, I thought Indy would for sure vote for Monte, but her body language when Taylor was answering her question told a different "you go, girl!" story and I knew she had Indy's vote.  

Second watch of Taylor's speech - just WOW.  Probably the best BB finale speech ever.  Superb.  

LOL - Joseph 100% told them both he was voting for Taylor with his "I'm voting for the 'sword' of the season, echoing Taylor's own speech.  It seems clear, on second watch that Alyssa, Indy, Jasmine & Michael also telegraphed their vote with their comments while inserting their keys.  Terrance cracked me up with his comment directed at Monte "Finally got you on the block!" 

Oooooo...  Brittany is SALTY about Michael lying about his profession.  Among other things.  Love the reaction of the cast, especially Taylor, to Joseph also revealing he is a lawyer.  Oh, and there's no way that MonTay is moving anywhere post-show.  There's a much stronger likelihood, once Joseph & Taylor have that stiff drink and long chat after the show, that he joins her on her AFP winner's cruise.  Daniel's still an ass - the show wasn't boring right after he was evicted - that was the week Indy went home and then we had the split house.  Feeds were HOPPING and lit those two weeks.

I have to say, I'm really surprised that Terrance kept his promise to Taylor, the week he was evicted, when he told her she had his vote if she made it to F2.  That really speaks to her jury management, to get his vote when she was sitting there on the block next to a man, and a black man at that.  

Of course, the overall vote total really does speak to Taylor's jury management - she really worked those relationships with each juror, both before and after it became apparent they were going home.

LMAO - Taylor's gonna buy some potato chips!  Yes, it is like winning Miss Congeniality all over again, but better, because there's a cash prize!  So happy for her!  She's right up there as one of the best winners this show has ever had!

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 11

"If I'm going win this competition I need to outlast Monte and Taylor." Do tell, Turner. You understood the assignment. Good job.

I wasn't paying full attention. Was the setting for the second HOH competition supposed to be a subway platform?

Dr. Will aging like fine wine.

Wow, the Dr Will segment was more against Turner than I would've expected. Joseph was still strong in Taylor's corner but he seemed kind of off to me, like he wished was anywhere but sitting on that sofa.

Sorry but I didn't want to hear anything Kyle had to say. I don't like that CBS protected him and made it look like he'd been absolved of all guilt because Taylor, Terrance, and Monte talked to him. I doubt he learned anything at all except to be more careful about where and to whom he expresses his views.

Seemed like before the 3rd HOH competition the jury was mostly pro-Monte even though they had some issues with his attitude.

Taylor spoke her final eviction speech so quickly I barely understood what she said. Was she nervous?

Monte probably made the right decision because taking Turner to F2 would've hurt his case with the jury. But Taylor has done much better jury management. I guess it'll come down to whether or not she can appear sincere enough.

Taylor looked stunning tonight. I think she was doing much better with her jury answers than Monte. She tried to stay positive. Monte didn't seem very thoughtful to me and had a relatively narrow focus on game minutiae.

Indy's look tonight was kinda harsh IMO. Loved Jasmine's outfit. Gorgeous color for her.

Taylor brought the heat in that final speech. Monte, yawn.

Whatever, Brittany. It's impressive how confidently wrong you are.🙄

Poor Joseph. He did not want to hear about Taylor and Monte's "will they or won't they" showmance and production kept putting the camera on him.

Alyssa might want to forget about Kyle. He was hedging more than he was seeming hopeful about their possible future together. I imagine his family is going to keep them from going any further.

I am genuinely surprised Taylor won but I am so glad. 8 to 1!!!!

AFP too! Slay, queen! (How was Kyle in the top three but Joseph wasn't? Ugh.)

Okay, so which of the HGs will get to appear on Bold and the Beautiful? Taylor for sure, maybe Allysa and Joseph.

People on reddit are calling for Taylor to be on Amazing Race with Joseph, Monte, or Kyle. I think copious amounts of drugs or alcohol may have been involved with one of those suggestions. 😒

Taylor will probably get a Lay's chips ad too, hah hah. That'll be worth some money depending on how many time they air it.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

It may not be a great thing to say but I would like to just see people come in next reason wuth a goal to win and that's it. Not the first of certain race, gender or sexuality. Just kick ass. I don't need the mission statements.

It's great. I'm happy for Taylor. But this show gets so lost in racial and gender lines. It's fucking tiring. I know the houseguests are the most responsible for the divides and the real world is like this but enough is enough.

I will say that I think all in the final 3 would have earned their wins whether you like them or not.

As a side note, I bet a lot of the people who don't think Kyle deserved to be labeled as a racist voted hard for him. May not be a popular opinion but I don't think worrying about a cookout 2.0 in itself was bad or makes one a racist. How he got there and how hard he pushed it was the problem. I don't think he was evil though.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

Taylor's final speech was outstanding!  As I listened to her "challenging" the jurors, I watched their body language and facial expressions.  The women on the jury, and some of the men were nodding and smiling as she made her points. 

• Love 10

I hope if Taylor and Monte watch the season in full they appreciate the nuances of Michael making the Kyle reveal when he did.

Kyle wasn’t going to sniff the block that week.  If Michael said nothing, the final two would have looked a whooooole lot different.

I mean, it certainly feels like the reveal hurt Michael in many ways more than anything else.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Monte sure underestimated Taylor. the woman instead of taking Turner the comp winner. He thought for sure he'd win over Taylor. 

Well, he probably assumed all those gals on jury still hated Taylor and would be bitter Nellys. I thought that too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Racj82 said:

It may not be a great thing to say but I would like to just see people come in next reason wuth a goal to win and that's it. Not the first of certain race, gender or sexuality. Just kick ass. I don't need the mission statements.

Racism and sexism have been an inherent part of Big Brother (and Survivor, just to stick with CBS) from the very beginning. Some people are just "worn out" with it now because contestants are openly fighting back.

I can't tell you how often I've rolled my eyes at contestants on reality shows saying some variation of "He seems like a good Christian like me, so I think we're gonna team up" and no one ever asked what that's code for.

• Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 12

As the late, great author Jackie Collins used to say via her most popular heroine, Lucky Santangelo….Never underestimate the power of a woman!!

OMG, what an ending!!  Until Taylor’s awesome speech (yes, I got a little verklempt!), I thought the winner would be Monte.  It sure as hell seemed that way and I was resigned to reluctantly accept his win.

Taylor’s speech gave me chills and as I saw the ladies of jury nod their heads in agreement, I dared to wonder if she might pull it off after all….the final votes told the story, 8 to 1!  Damn!  Even Terrence voted for her to win, wowwwww!!

When it was announced that Taylor won, I punched the shit out of the air, quietly yelling my congrats (Ma was watching Star Trek and never fuck with a Trekkie while they are watching their show!).  And then to win AFP on top of that?!  So she made herstory as not only the first AA woman to win BB, but also the first to win BB AND AFP!!  YEAH!!  You’d better werk!!

Graceful to the end, she hugged everyone, even Daniel (albeit a short hug)….I’m not that generous, I would have told him, Ameerah and Nicole to kick motherfucking rocks as I waltzed passed them.  Not only do I hope she gets a case of Lay’s sent to her home, but I’d love it if Rhianna chose her to be one of her Savage Fenty lingerie models.

See you guys next year, its been fun!!

• Applause 6
  • Love 8

Honestly, if Taylor had not gone through what she went through, if Paloma had not created an alliance almost solely against her, had the Leftovers had not been formed to help her, if Daniel and Nicole not been complete crap to her, had Kyle not had his 'omg another cookout' plan, had Taylor not been the person she is (because i'm not sure most people could have been a resilient and forgiving as her), then it very likely could have been a completely typical BB ending with the more comp winner, Monte, winning in the end.  

and even had that happened, we still would have had a second black winner in two years.  As Swaggy C said in a tweet, once the POC numbers were increased in BB, suddenly they became really competitive.  all they needed was equality.  

• Love 10
9 hours ago, pennben said:

Pretty sure everyone came here to win for themselves this season. Taylor certainly did. And she swept the mfing game!  Got it all. And more. 

Yeah, I'm talking about the I'm doing it for women. I'm doing it for black women. I'm doing it for gay men. It's becoming a crutch leaned on in diary room conversations a lot. I'm sure it's partially pushed by producers. And there would be no need for all this propping up of firsts if it wasn't so hard for certain parties to break through. It just does not interest me personally nor is it is reason anyone should win. Taylor won when she needed to, aligned herself with the right people and had a good social game with the people willing to listen to her. So, I'm happy she won.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2

Taylor's speech was absolute fire, she brought up really great points and showed why she deserved to win and presented it in a dramatic way. That was really inspiring to me, that she could do that without any pen and paper, or computer, or video playback she could reference, in such a short amount of time. She makes me want to step up my game at work and at home, and I can't say any other BB contestant has ever made me think that.

On the other side of the coin, I can't believe how incredibly bad Monte's answers were. Turner gave him the most softball question, why should I vote for you, and he responded with you had a F2 with Kyle before the one you made with me. Um, ok that didn't answer the question at all. It was like he was just speaking his prepared answers and didn't matter what the questions were, just to get the points out there. He thought he had it in the bag and the jury segment was just a formality. He really underestimated Taylor and that blew up in his face in a spectacular way.

• Applause 2
  • Love 10

I recorded this so I could skip through all the crap and that's about an hour and a half. Fully expected a Monte landslide, but thrilled that Taylor beat him in the end and handily at that. I bet this will haunt him for a long time, he could have won if he'd taken Turner instead. 

I'd be curious to know how much of Taylor's final speech affected the vote. She really killed it, but I wonder if the jury had already collectively decided to vote for her anyway or if the speech changed all of their minds.

The fact that they kept bringing up the thing with the muffin just proves that the producers are prodding the houseguests with info, like how well that whole thing was playing with the audience and to keep playing it up. I also think Jasmine's cornpone witticisms were also heavily prompted. 

I'm fairly horrified that Kyle was one of the top three vote getters for AFP. Without getting into specifics I suspect there was some sort of insidious campaign to stick it to BB. 

• Love 11

Most unexpected but deserved, satisfying, even uplifting BB ending ever! 

Instead of trying to take on Monte on his own turf (comp wins, etc.), Taylor sought the win on her OWN terms, making the best finale speech ever in this game. 'These are MY strengths, this is what got me here, you don't have to vote on comp wins, you can vote on other criteria, like emotional strength, resilience, etc., which I needed every iota of, and which got me here.'

It was beautiful. I'm so happy the jury appreciated it, and her, and gave her the win. Then to win AFP! What a milestone night, and a fairytale ending to a very very good season.

• Applause 2
  • Love 20
11 hours ago, Lucas Rowan said:

BB has always been, first and foremast, a social experiment.  Plain and simple, Taylor's social game trumped Monte's and Turner's by a wide margin.  That is why she won.

Trust me I know BB is a social game and that's a big part of it. I just didn't think Monty's social game was that much weaker then Taylor's enough for her to win by a landslide over him. In no way did I see Monty's social game lacking to warrant that result. Jury failed there in my opinion.

10 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Basically, you have to get the people to want to give you $750,000. If they don't like you, then you're not going to win (so long as you bring along someone they like better than you). 

Did the jury just not like Monty? Never got that vibe everybody in the house didn't like him like some other past "winners". Sucks he played the best game of everybody and didn't win. Lets give it to Taylor cause we like her better, BS.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I'd be curious to know how much of Taylor's final speech affected the vote.

Turner said in an interview that he was told by jurors during the commercial that they were all voting for the same person.  He asked who, and they said they couldn't say.  He assumed it was Monte and so voted for Monte.  So the jury had decided before Taylor's speech, although I'm sure the speech helped solidify their decision.  But I wonder if they officially agreed to vote unanimously or it just came out like that after the round table discussion.  It seems like at least Terrance and maybe Michael would have voted for Monte.

eta:  I watched the interview again, and Turner didn't use the phrase "they were all voting for the same person," although it was kind of implied.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 6
43 minutes ago, yanksno1 said:

Trust me I know BB is a social game and that's a big part of it. I just didn't think Monty's social game was that much weaker then Taylor's enough for her to win by a landslide over him. In no way did I see Monty's social game lacking to warrant that result. Jury failed there in my opinion.

Did the jury just not like Monty? Never got that vibe everybody in the house didn't like him like some other past "winners". Sucks he played the best game of everybody and didn't win. Lets give it to Taylor cause we like her better, BS.

Well, Dr. Will won without winning a single competition.  Winning competitions is not the sole arbiter of who wins BB.  Social game is a huge component and obviously Taylor had a better one than Monte.  No one said the jury didn't like Monte.  they just thought that Taylor had a better story, was a better representative, deserved to win BB due to her strengths, moreso than Monte.  

Sure, never being on the block takes skill/social game, but getting off the block 6 times takes a lot of skill/social game as well, maybe even more so.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17

In no way did I see Monty's social game lacking to warrant that result. 

During the round table (?) discussion Terrance said he never felt like he had any real connection to Monte and always felt like he was talking to a politician. 

I don't watch the feeds but even in the televised episodes I got a strong smug vibe from Monte. I also found it interesting that last week all the former Cookout members said they though Taylor or Turner should win. Not one of them said Monte should.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

Ok, I know that I'm old and grumpy, but I just don't get how Kyle was in the top three for AFP.  I didn't care for him from the beginning as I do not find man-childs fun or interesting.  Then, as the season progressed, I had other reasons not to care for him.  So is it his tik-tok video dancing, his man-childness, or that people felt he was unfairly evicted?  Anyway, I'm glad he didn't win AFP, but in the top three?  I may be the only one, but I was hoping that Pooch would win just because...

Congrats to Taylor, but I would not have minded if Michael (or a few others) had won AFP just to spread the "wealth" around and he did contribute to my renewed interest in the show.

As for the cruise-it must be a tie-in with the fact that CBS has "The Real Love Boat" show starting at some point.  I like Princess Cruises, but if they're going to start sponsoring all of these reality shows I'm going to have to give it more thought about booking with them.

• Love 3

Well according to twitter gossip, Taylor dumped Monte for Joseph. That was fast.

Dumped? They weren't really a couple so I don't know if that's the appropriate way to describe it. I doubt Taylor and Monte were ever going to be a thing after the season was over, and it seems to me that she simply decided to pursue her options with Joseph.

Plus, it looked to me like Monte had pretty much ended his and Taylor's fcuk buddies status before the final HOH competition began.

I just don't get how Kyle was in the top three for AFP.

Is it known what the vote spread was because math is an interesting thing. Say there was a total of 5 million votes. Taylor could've gotten 4,999,000 votes, Kyle could've gotten the major portion of the remaining 1,000 votes, and he still would've been in the top three. I think unless CBS/BB24 releases the numbers, we don't know how significant the support for Kyle was. I think the vagueness is the network's way of helping Kyle's redemption story.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4