Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: Silence Is Golden

• Start Topic

The reunion should be interesting, shouldn’t it?  I wish Andy would let someone else host. He can be frustrating.

The best part of the reunion, tho, is that they’re all squeezed into tight uncomfortable outfits … and badly lit. 

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 9/27/2022 at 12:32 AM, Glama said:

My other half cannot stand me watching these housewives shows. He says all they do is drink and shout.  He's not terribly wrong. Whenever I watch an episode in the living room, he can hear it in another room and ask if I'm watching one of my 'shouting programs'. Even if the housewives aren't arguing, they are always squealing or screaming at one point or another. It's such a loud program!

My husband always said that too! I had to watch it after he went to bed or not in the house because he couldn't stand it one bit.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Bravo has a very disturbing tendency to turn a blind eye to threatening, violent, and generally unacceptable (ie, myogynist) behavior. The Below Deck franchise is a prime offender, but I’ve seen actions that bother me in many other shows as well. 

Harry — I can’t figure that dude out. 

Yes. They've given Teresa G. a pass (NJ) , Dorinda (NYC), Nene (ATL), and Lisa R. to name just a few. I'm sure I'm missing some. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Camille’s tweet (I’m not on Twitter, so it’s the best I can do):

So what if Kathy lost her temper around these ladies. Who hasn’t on #rhobh Especially when you are being gaslit by some of the ladies

Denise tweeted back, Agreed.

Me: They should know…

Right on.  They've gotten the bullshit thrown at them and their reaction to this is basically "and...?"  It's really clear Rinna is pushing this for her own motives and everyone sees through it.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Funny how Rinna seems to think this is the smoking gun to end all smoking guns.

Yes! I'm guessing the reason she left it out is because the details are so mundane. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, charliesan said:

Anyway, this "exclusive" club sounds like a nightmare, first the DJ wouldn't play a song, they couldn't get their coats, they didn't serve them drinks till Diana paid 200 dollars. Why WOULDN'T they want to leave with Kathy? 

And a lifetime membership for 2 people is $30,000! Though, I guess the “Don’t you know who I am?!?” privilege doesn’t get you very far in a club full of rich and famous people. Sounds like the employees there are over it. It also seems to be a Hotel California for coats or something?! They nearly forced some Jenner/Kardashian or someone to remove their blazer dress (per Kyle), but once they get your coat in coat check, good luck getting it back! 

Okay, I fell down the rabbit hole of reading the whole damn Caribou Club website, lol.

https://caribouclub.com

There is no way anyone from this club would have leaked to the press. Apparently they’ve seen worse from bigger stars, as this is one of their few FAQs:

What notable and celebrities have you seen in the club?

If there is a bold name, whether celebrity or business they have been in the club. It is our anonymity that allows our clients to have a fun and discreet evening, keeping the club desirable for those who need this. It is our policy to treat everyone with the same VIP status they deserve, as members of the club.

They are not kidding around with the coats!! Lol

DRESS CODE

Dress is “Aspen Casual” - cocktail dresses and sport coats, to jeans and a nice top. The Caribou does not allow shorts, flip flops or hats. It is a club policy that everyone MUST check their coat upon entry into the club. No name tags allowed, unless the entire club has been taken over for a private event.

The music vibe. Guess Kathy was the only person in the crowd that would have wanted MJ?

The DJ BEGINS Nightly at 10PM and dancing heats up by 11pm. Music is an eclectric pop with the DJ feeling out the crowd to get the party started.

And lest I leave out this gem of a mission statement or, like vibe check, or whatever:

FOUNDER LETTER WRITTEN BY THE LATE HARLEY BALDWIN

There is no name on the door, but you know exactly where you are.

That’s because the Caribou Club, although quite private and unlike anywhere else, has elements that are reassuringly familiar.

The Caribou will remind you of places perennially in fashion, where you know you’ll meet old friends from all over the world.

It is quietly old-world and well-bred, like a vintage Bordeaux, but unassuming and comfortable like a Beaujolais.

It is the sort of establishment where the bartender might ask what you would like, but will probably say, “a martini, three olives, one ice cube,” because he remembers you.

One of the nicest things about the Caribou is that you can drop in just to say hello and have some champagne, rendezvous with friends for dinner, or spend the entire evening.

AFTER ALL, YOU BELONG

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Mar said:

She is getting destroyed.

I feel bad that I'm rooting for someone to get destroyed on social media but if ever there was someone who’s had it coming for years now it's Rinna.

I find it strange that Rinna decided to go in fully on Kathy. What purpose did she think it would serve in terms of her end game of keeping her diamond at any cost?

There are so many side thoughts that I want to unpack with this episode. Rinna thinks that Kathy is jealous of the Kardashians? I honestly don't even think she realizes that she's projecting here. Not only that but I think this is a continuation of her weird  and desperate way of sucking Kris's ass. "Kris, I just had to call Kathy Hilton out for being wildly jealous of you. Aren't I good and loyal friend? You know Delilah and Amelia would love to be part of the next SKIMS or 818 campaign..."

One thing that strikes me as different about the Hilton daughters vs the Kardashian Jenner daughters is that Paris and Nicki mostly seemed happy with their original faces and bodies. Yes, there are/were alterations. Contacts for a period, extensions, probably had implants at one point, etc. But they're not unrecognizable when you look at older pictures of them. They were more or less confident in their appearance; didn't change the noses or chins, no balloon sized implants, no cartoonish butts, lips aren't completely ridiculous, etc. If nothing else, Kathy's daughters don't seem like they need to get every procedure in the book done in order to be happy and satisfy their thirsty mother. The Hiltons just don't give me the same feeling of desperation that the Kardashians do. There's plenty else that we can criticize them about but at least they aren't as addicted to fillers and surgery.

One thing that hasn't been talked about that made me curious was Diana’s comment about tipping if you want to get people to do things for you when you go out. She makes it seem like the dj probably would have played Michael Jackson if Kathy had given them a hefty tip. I'm inclined to probably agree. I think Kathy is probably used to people doing what she wants without necessarily needing to tip (depending on the situation). I work in a five star hotel and Diana's point is mostly true. You aren't going to hear the word no very often if you're a generous tipper. Doormen, bellmen, reception, housekeeping, servers, concierge, lounge attendants, lobby musicians, pool staff, valet--all of these people will go the extra mile if you give them extra incentive. Sometimes there are VIP guests who are rude and demanding and still think that they're going to get a bunch of people to dance to their tune and don't think that they have to grease the wheels at all because they're just that entitled. Staff will still do their jobs, but for the people who want to hear yes no matter how tall the request, sometimes that requires tipping. 

Regarding the music choice of Michael Jackson, Kathy seems to be in that group who believes Michael didn't do anything. She thinks that since she knew him that it's all a bunch of rumors and people who are looking to land a payday. She probably hasn't even glanced at the mountain of evidence that indicates the uncomfortable truth that he was indeed a child predator. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6

"Kris, I just had to call Kathy Hilton out for being wildly jealous of you. Aren't I good and loyal friend? You know Delilah and Amelia would love to be part of the next SKIMS or 818 campaign..."

"Or even sloppy seconds for one of your former son-in-laws? Or someone who dated one of your daughters?"

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I feel bad that I'm rooting for someone to get destroyed on social media but if ever there was someone who’s had it coming for years now it's Rinna.

I find it strange that Rinna decided to go in fully on Kathy. What purpose did she think it would serve in terms of her end game of keeping her diamond at any cost?

There are so many side thoughts that I want to unpack with this episode. Rinna thinks that Kathy is jealous of the Kardashians? I honestly don't even think she realizes that she's projecting here. Not only that but I think this is a continuation of her weird  and desperate way of sucking Kris's ass. "Kris, I just had to call Kathy Hilton out for being wildly jealous of you. Aren't I good and loyal friend? You know Delilah and Amelia would love to be part of the next SKIMS or 818 campaign..."

One thing that strikes me as different about the Hilton daughters vs the Kardashian Jenner daughters is that Paris and Nicki mostly seemed happy with their original faces and bodies. Yes, there are/were alterations. Contacts for a period, extensions, probably had implants at one point, etc. But they're not unrecognizable when you look at older pictures of them. They were more or less confident in their appearance; didn't change the noses or chins, no balloon sized implants, no cartoonish butts, lips aren't completely ridiculous, etc. If nothing else, Kathy's daughters don't seem like they need to get every procedure in the book done in order to be happy and satisfy their thirsty mother. The Hiltons just don't give me the same feeling of desperation that the Kardashians do. There's plenty else that we can criticize them about but at least they aren't as addicted to fillers and surgery.

One thing that hasn't been talked about that made me curious was Diana’s comment about tipping if you want to get people to do things for you when you go out. She makes it seem like the dj probably would have played Michael Jackson if Kathy had given them a hefty tip. I'm inclined to probably agree. I think Kathy is probably used to people doing what she wants without necessarily needing to tip (depending on the situation). I work in a five star hotel and Diana's point is mostly true. You aren't going to hear the word no very often if you're a generous tipper. Doormen, bellmen, reception, housekeeping, servers, concierge, lounge attendants, lobby musicians, pool staff, valet--all of these people will go the extra mile if you give them extra incentive. Sometimes there are VIP guests who are rude and demanding and still think that they're going to get a bunch of people to dance to their tune and don't think that they have to grease the wheels at all because they're just that entitled. Staff will still do their jobs, but for the people who want to hear yes no matter how tall the request, sometimes that requires tipping. 

Regarding the music choice of Michael Jackson, Kathy seems to be in that group who believes Michael didn't do anything. She thinks that since she knew him that it's all a bunch of rumors and people who are looking to land a payday. She probably hasn't even glanced at the mountain of evidence that indicates the uncomfortable truth that he was indeed a child predator. 

I always thought it was cool Paris and Nicky didn’t feel the need to get doll noses or big breasts. The Kardashians helped give exotic beauty and curves more shine, which is great, but getting all this work done, I don’t like the trend. And I say that as someone who’s not at all against plastic surgery and has thought of getting it myself. I think there’s a difference between a little subtle work and being obsessed with your body.

I grew up a huge MJ fan. Imo no one made better music not was a better performer than Michael, but I’m surprised there are still people who think he was innocent. Maybe Kathy can’t fathom her dear friend having a dark side no matter how much evidence.

• Applause 3
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

The reunion should be interesting, shouldn’t it?  I wish Andy would let someone else host. He can be frustrating.

The best part of the reunion, tho, is that they’re all squeezed into tight uncomfortable outfits … and badly lit. 

Ben and Ronnie from Watch What Crappens. If anything, they can piss off the ladies with their imitations.

Andy’s just there to watch the catfights.

• Applause 5
  • Love 9

Maybe this has been pointed out already but based on some recent posts I think the reason Rinna went so hard for Kathy was because the opportunity presented itself to her (and Erika) immediately after Erika had a big meltdown that she and her friends knew was a disaster.  As well as Rinna having some a number of outbursts during the filming of this season. 

I 100% believe Kathy had a meltdown.  We saw the seeds that were planted in the 24 hours leading up to that meltdown.  I wouldn't even be surprised if she said something nasty to the DJ.  Something about her behaviour had the manager allegedly telling her to go back to LA.  And if we ignore Rinna, Erika and Diana we still have Crystal telling us she was trying to leave with Kathy because she was pissed.  Sutton told us Kathy was upset nobody would conga with her AND told her if you don't leave with me you aren't my friend.  Kyle acknowledges Kathy wanted to leave and Kyle don't her no etc...

So he was pissed off and if we believe Rinna that she talked shit about everyone (except Garcelle and Rinna) then she was clearly venting about everyone at the club who didn't leave with her. 

And Kathy apologised to a number of them.  

BUT I 100% believe Rinna and Erika are using this to deflect from their own behaviour and to change the final conflict for this series.  Because I also believe Erika said a lot of shitty about all of the very same people when they dragged her out to cover her ass and get her away from the cameras.

So I don't believe Rinna locked her bedroom door because she was scared.....

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, blixie said:

Its not that they are broke, but someone on here found out their house (which in opposition to most people here I really like dated and all)  is mortaged which is atypical for famous rich people I guess? So it's more that they have an ongoing HUGE bill that has to keep being paid. Which is why she's hustling with the Duster and the make up and the Rose and of course the show itself. Harry gets fairly regular and deserved work, but Im not sure his gigs cover their whole lifestyle plus the mortage.

I think also it is mortgaged to the hilt.  They are underwater on it, if I remember correctly.

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

And a lifetime membership for 2 people is $30,000! Though, I guess the “Don’t you know who I am?!?” privilege doesn’t get you very far in a club full of rich and famous people. Sounds like the employees there are over it. It also seems to be a Hotel California for coats or something?! They nearly forced some Jenner/Kardashian or someone to remove their blazer dress (per Kyle), but once they get your coat in coat check, good luck getting it back! 

Okay, I fell down the rabbit hole of reading the whole damn Caribou Club website, lol.

https://caribouclub.com

There is no way anyone from this club would have leaked to the press. Apparently they’ve seen worse from bigger stars, as this is one of their few FAQs:

What notable and celebrities have you seen in the club?

If there is a bold name, whether celebrity or business they have been in the club. It is our anonymity that allows our clients to have a fun and discreet evening, keeping the club desirable for those who need this. It is our policy to treat everyone with the same VIP status they deserve, as members of the club.

They are not kidding around with the coats!! Lol

DRESS CODE

Dress is “Aspen Casual” - cocktail dresses and sport coats, to jeans and a nice top. The Caribou does not allow shorts, flip flops or hats. It is a club policy that everyone MUST check their coat upon entry into the club. No name tags allowed, unless the entire club has been taken over for a private event.

The music vibe. Guess Kathy was the only person in the crowd that would have wanted MJ?

The DJ BEGINS Nightly at 10PM and dancing heats up by 11pm. Music is an eclectric pop with the DJ feeling out the crowd to get the party started.

And lest I leave out this gem of a mission statement or, like vibe check, or whatever:

FOUNDER LETTER WRITTEN BY THE LATE HARLEY BALDWIN

There is no name on the door, but you know exactly where you are.

That’s because the Caribou Club, although quite private and unlike anywhere else, has elements that are reassuringly familiar.

The Caribou will remind you of places perennially in fashion, where you know you’ll meet old friends from all over the world.

It is quietly old-world and well-bred, like a vintage Bordeaux, but unassuming and comfortable like a Beaujolais.

It is the sort of establishment where the bartender might ask what you would like, but will probably say, “a martini, three olives, one ice cube,” because he remembers you.

One of the nicest things about the Caribou is that you can drop in just to say hello and have some champagne, rendezvous with friends for dinner, or spend the entire evening.

AFTER ALL, YOU BELONG

Hello, Primetimer people, we NEED the barf reaction!  This is why.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, blixie said:

Its not that they are broke, but someone on here found out their house (which in opposition to most people here I really like dated and all)  is mortaged which is atypical for famous rich people I guess? So it's more that they have an ongoing HUGE bill that has to keep being paid. Which is why she's hustling with the Duster and the make up and the Rose and of course the show itself. Harry gets fairly regular and deserved work, but Im not sure his gigs cover their whole lifestyle plus the mortage.

Harry "built" that house in 1986 at the height of his fame.  I think the only reason a house you've had 35 years  would be mortgaged is they needed the money - probably to support those two obnoxious kids. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Good sleuthing about the Caribou Club! Because Kyle and Kathy are members, were they allowed to bring the rest of the HW’s, or did everyone have to be a member?

The website is pretentious, but I do get why famous people would pay to be somewhere to not worry about being photographed, asked to take a selfie, etc. But I couldn’t read that website without thinking it would be narrated by the female voiceover of the perfume ad on Selina Kyle’s answering machine in BATMAN RETURNS that ultimately causes her to freak the fuck out (“You’ll be smelling so good, your boss will ask you to stay late for a candlelight dinner for two…”). 

Tin foil hat theory about coat check: Maybe not being able to get their coats means that there was a ridiculously long and inefficient line to get them back? Especially if everyone had to check theirs and lots of people are leaving at the same time. I’ve been to concerts and clubs in the winter where it’s not unheard of to risk hypothermia and go to the venue without your coat because coat check is such a nightmare.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
On 9/29/2022 at 1:32 PM, RealHousewife said:

Sir Elton, as much as I love this trashy show, you are above it! Please have nothing to do with it nor most of the cast members!!!!

We're above it too lol.  A lot of people watch trash, Julia Roberts apparently is a big fan of the show and wants to find someone for Garcelle.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

I think that Kathy really didn't want to go to Aspen. She'd been filming some other  show with Paris and maybe was tired of the cameras. She strikes me as someone who doesn't mind filming sometimes but doesn't want to do it non stop,  she also likes to just chill out and do her own thing.

But she goes figuring she can at least plug the tequila she's invested in. Kyle does nothing but insult her clothes and laugh at her, starting literally the minute she arrives. Then they go to the hat store and every time Kathy tries to plug this tequila no one pays any attention to her. Strange because most people would do at least  one shot to be polite,  then find an excuse not to keep drinking it if they didn't like it. But Rinna had to purposely order a different brand and very loudly announce that it's her friend Kendall  Jenner's brand. She did it to irritate Kathy. I think  Kathy wasn't just mad at Rinna for doing that, she was really mad that Kyle didn't step in and tell Rinna to knock that off, she was being rude. Kathy was pissed that Kyle wasn't sticking up for her.

Then they get to this club, Kathy probably did pull a don't you know who I am with the employees, and she was probably also mad that none of the other ladies wanted to conga with  her or basically blow off Kyle and Rinna and hang out with  her. Now maybe they would have eventually. It sounds like all of this went down like 5 minutes after they got there because Sutton and Crystal both said something l like they hadn't  even  gotten their drinks yet.

But Kathy is spiraling, Rinna still has her coat, so she volunteers to leave with Kathy. They get in the van and Kathy lets loose with the mother of all vents. I'm  sure Rinna was like WTF is going on,  I've never seen her like this, what do I do?

Now, if it's true that Rinna has known Kathy for 30 years and has never seen her like this then why isn't she trying to calm Kathy down? Why isn't she just listening and letting Kathy get it out of her system? If she's so afraid that she's locked herself in her room then why isn't she on the phone calling Kyle or Mauricio or Rick Hilton or Andy Cohen or 911?

Instead of avoiding Kathy later on due to her supposed PTSD,  why isn't she going to see Kathy to sympathetically share her concerns?

Kathy's text to Rinna was not a threat. To me it was Kathy saying that she'd been venting, she'd said things she didn't  mean, and sharing that info with others would cause hurt feelings and family issues.

Those Richards sisters need some family therapy badly. Their mom did a real number on them. The dysfunction is off the charts.

• Applause 3
  • Love 15
On 9/28/2022 at 7:51 PM, Straycat80 said:

My guess is Bravo producers. 
STFU Rinna! Telling Kathy she should be accountable for what SHE said. What a hypocrite! 

At least we were spared the words "Own It!" from that trout mouth!

• Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
58 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Ohh we’re all a class above, but he’s like royalty. Lol

He actually went down  several rungs for me when I heard he was friends with Diana, and even more by calling her on the show.  But I've become jaded like that, even if I think I like a celebrity then I hear their political views etc and they don't make sense to me they're off my like list.  I didn't used to be intolerant but the world is annoying me a lot lol.

Edited by endure
  • Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ww92 said:

I think that Kathy really didn't want to go to Aspen. She'd been filming some other  show with Paris and maybe was tired of the cameras. She strikes me as someone who doesn't mind filming sometimes but doesn't want to do it non stop,  she also likes to just chill out and do her own thing.

But she goes figuring she can at least plug the tequila she's invested in. Kyle does nothing but insult her clothes and laugh at her, starting literally the minute she arrives. Then they go to the hat store and every time Kathy tries to plug this tequila no one pays any attention to her. Strange because most people would do at least  one shot to be polite,  then find an excuse not to keep drinking it if they didn't like it. But Rinna had to purposely order a different brand and very loudly announce that it's her friend Kendall  Jenner's brand. She did it to irritate Kathy. I think  Kathy wasn't just mad at Rinna for doing that, she was really mad that Kyle didn't step in and tell Rinna to knock that off, she was being rude. Kathy was pissed that Kyle wasn't sticking up for her.

Then they get to this club, Kathy probably did pull a don't you know who I am with the employees, and she was probably also mad that none of the other ladies wanted to conga with  her or basically blow off Kyle and Rinna and hang out with  her. Now maybe they would have eventually. It sounds like all of this went down like 5 minutes after they got there because Sutton and Crystal both said something l like they hadn't  even  gotten their drinks yet.

But Kathy is spiraling, Rinna still has her coat, so she volunteers to leave with Kathy. They get in the van and Kathy lets loose with the mother of all vents. I'm  sure Rinna was like WTF is going on,  I've never seen her like this, what do I do?

Now, if it's true that Rinna has known Kathy for 30 years and has never seen her like this then why isn't she trying to calm Kathy down? Why isn't she just listening and letting Kathy get it out of her system? If she's so afraid that she's locked herself in her room then why isn't she on the phone calling Kyle or Mauricio or Rick Hilton or Andy Cohen or 911?

Instead of avoiding Kathy later on due to her supposed PTSD,  why isn't she going to see Kathy to sympathetically share her concerns?

Kathy's text to Rinna was not a threat. To me it was Kathy saying that she'd been venting, she'd said things she didn't  mean, and sharing that info with others would cause hurt feelings and family issues.

Those Richards sisters need some family therapy badly. Their mom did a real number on them. The dysfunction is off the charts.

I'm assuming she drank tequila too and I know I have witnessed behaviour from friends and family that was totally out of character when drinking tequila.  I don't know the extent of the issues between Rinna & Kathy but there's something  that has been going on for some time.  Good point!!! = Why didn't Rinna call and get the camera crew over ASAP and film it?

Edited by endure
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
On 9/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, KenyaJ said:

Of course Rinna told Kyle that most of the horrible things Kathy said were about Kyle, but she didn't want to tell Kyle specifically what was said for the sake of Kyle's feelings. Because of course.

This episode actually made me feel bad for Kyle. And that is saying a LOT. 

On 9/28/2022 at 8:14 PM, politichick said:

My now-cataract-free eyes are cringing! Is it the high def TV or is her skin that bloody awful?!?

It looked like she had just had a chemical peel. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Harry "built" that house in 1986 at the height of his fame.  I think the only reason a house you've had 35 years  would be mortgaged is they needed the money - probably to support those two obnoxious kids. 

Especially the unemployed one (Amelia) who made all sorts of high-end, haughty demands a few seasons ago on what kind of first apartment she had to have to the property finder, as Rinna looked indulgently on. I remember being totally amazed at her sense of entitlement and rudeness.

Then there was Rinna’s shopping spree in New York (with the same spawn, IIRC), to furnish a place there, where they rang up $$$$ on tacky crap. Probably all on Harry’s credit card. 

Amelia is Lisa’s Mini Me. Look out.

There is really nothing to like about Rinna at all, is there?

28 minutes ago, endure said:

He actually went down  several rungs for me when I heard he was friends with Diana, and even more by calling her on the show.  But I've become jaded like that, even if I think I like a celebrity then I hear their political views etc and they don't make sense to me they're off my like list.  I didn't used to be intolerant but the world is annoying me a lot lol.

Just remember this. Garcelle got an invite to Elton John’s White House concert. Diana didn’t. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, ladle said:

This episode actually made me feel bad for Kyle. And that is saying a LOT. 

It looked like she had just had a chemical peel. 

I felt bad for Kyle too she looked destroyed sitting there listening to Rinna, I'm sure she was upset already and was probably dying to just throw her out.  A horrible senseless mess.

• Sad 1
  • Love 4

Rinna's go-to line when she wants to get under someone's skin:  "Ooooh, you're so angry".  Denise, then Kathy.

Kathy came over, apologized to Kyle, and apologized to Rinna.  What more does Rinna want?   She never said anything untoward about Rinna.  Why does Rinna have to insert herself in between these sisters all the time?

People often say things about others that they themselves are guilty of.

In this case, Rinna said that Kathy is jealous of the Kardashians.  More like, Rinna is jealous of the Hiltons.  

Paris Hilton alone, is wealthier than Conrad ever was.  And Nicky married into the wealthiest family in the world, worth estimated hundreds of trillions.  WIth a T.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, endure said:

I felt bad for Kyle too she looked destroyed sitting there listening to Rinna, I'm sure she was upset already and was probably dying to just throw her out.  A horrible senseless mess.

Yeah, I don’t care who you are, it’s got to suck to realize that your so-called “friend” is willing to break up your family for a shot at remaining on the RHW. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Especially the unemployed one (Amelia) who made all sorts of high-end, haughty demands a few seasons ago on what kind of first apartment she had to have to the property finder, as Rinna looked indulgently on. I remember being totally amazed at her sense of entitlement and rudeness.

Then there was Rinna’s shopping spree in New York (with the same spawn, IIRC), to furnish a place there, where they rang up $$$$ on tacky crap. Probably all on Harry’s credit card. 

Amelia is Lisa’s Mini Me. Look out.

Hmm I don’t know. Rinna is awful but one thing I’ll give her is that she’s always seemed like a really hard worker.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

You know, I'm starting to think that none of this has to do with jealousy. I'm starting to think it's all an effort at distraction. Just a few episodes ago all eyes  were on Erika screaming that she doesn't give a crap about any victims, when Kyle was desperately trying to get her to shut up and  Rinna couldn't  shove Erika out the door and off camera fast enough.

So they have to somehow get the focus off of Erika and on to something or someone else and Rinna saw the perfect opportunity with Kathy. She purposely did things to push Kathy's buttons. Between what she's observed during the  years she's known her and what Kyle has told her,  Rinna would know what those buttons are.

I think that's why Kyle was squirming in her seat and didn't defend Kathy. It's why Kathy kept giving Kyle and Rinna those looks. I really think that Rinna, Dorit,  Diana,  Erika and Kyle all  have something fishy going on,  if not together then things that the  others know about. They made a pact to cover for each other. Kathy probably knows or suspects and is not happy about being made the fall guy but is trying to keep her mouth shut for Kyle's sake.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

I despise Diana, but she was right when she said don't come between family members. Kathy and Kyle have enough baggage to fill a 747. Rinna should be the smallest carry-on bag between them.

Sorry for all the metaphors.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, ww92 said:

Just theorizing: I wonder if Kathy was feeling a little bit of insecurity about her age at the club? She initially sounded like she was worried about how she was dressed and whether or not they would let her in. So she was already feeling a little uncomfortable. Then they reject her admittedly kind of weird request to form a conga line. (Just that someone on this thread was able to find a Golden Girls reference on that kind of adds to the point. The only other (fictional) conga line that I can think of was from an episode of Mad Men so there's that.) Then the DJ won't play a 40 year old song for her. Add in her baby sister regularly letting her know how uncool she is on top of being the oldest of the ladies and one of only two grandmother's in the group--maybe all this stuff combined made her feel the need to vent?

I can especially see her snapping upon realizing that her name and whatever social clout she has was meaningless at this posh club where everyone is more or less on her level or better. Minutes before getting out of the car to go in the club Rinna was talking Kathy up and telling her that she can wear whatever the hell she wants because she's Kathy Hilton. Of course Kathy is going to think that she can be candid with Rinna. At that point she didn't realize what a snake Rinna is because Rinna was still playing nice at that point.  Rinna even offers to go back with her to the house so of course Kathy sees Rinna as being on her side and being someone she can confide in in the moment.

I think it really crystallized for her at Kyle's what an awful woman Rinna is. Kathy was being diplomatic and charitable by simply calling her 'unkind'. If I were Kathy I would never speak to Rinna again and I would ice her out of any off camera friendship circle that I had sway over. Get her to regret it the way she regrets everything with Yolanda. 

Good point too that it reflects poorly on Rinna that she didn't call anyone if she genuinely thought Kathy was having a psychotic episode. That's the exact opposite of what a good friend does especially if they've known each other for years and she's never seen this sort of behavior from her before. Why not cut her some slack if this was a one off? Why not give the benefit of the doubt and see if she needed to address some sort of mental health issue? Rinna didn't do any of these things because she only cares about making this a story. 

After almost 60 years on this Earth Rinna still hasn't worked out how to not be an asshole on a regular basis. 

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 12
12 hours ago, endure said:

I don’t feel bad for Kyle. She didn’t do anything when Rinna attacked Kim or said Kim was close to death.

She Was horrible to Kathy on the Aspen trip.

I think all her meddling, enabling and stirring the pot has been leading to this end.

She never, at least on camera, told Rinna to leave her sisters alone or to not interfere in another family’s drama.

Not one of the FFF has done anything to stop the gaslighting, increasingly vicious Rinna, they just back each other up.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 3
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Lost me at begins at 10PM.

I peaced out on this franchise a few seasons ago - at this point I basically just tune in to one or two episodes a season to see if it's worth coming back, because once upon a time I really enjoyed watching this show (verdict: Nope!)

I survived ten seasons of Vicky Gunvalson, one season of Kelly Dodd and Braunwyn Windham-Burke, 13 seasons of Ramona Singer, the horrible season of Dorinda relentlessly going after Tinsley, the NY franchise destroying 13th season, and I managed to get through watching both Kim and Taylor on this show, despite feeling deeply uncomfortable watching them battle their particular issues on screen, but for the life of me I could not make it through an entire scene featuring Lisa Rinna. I either had to mute it or turn the channel, she is just so repulsive.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

People pointing fingers and slinging accusations should be very careful.  When you make the wrong person angry they will dig in your closet and make your secrets public.  It won't be pretty.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, Blondie said:

People pointing fingers and slinging accusations should be very careful.  When you make the wrong person angry they will dig in your closet and make your secrets public.  It won't be pretty.

Fox Force 5 motto:

85f17d6480f095397345fc82f2b97713.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6

Kathy may get the occasional mean drunk behavior. When she is sober at times, I get the feeling she is lost/spacey.  Maybe exhaustion?! Alcohol can bring out the worst especially if you are stressed/tired. 
My thoughts are Kathy normally doesn’t get shit faced often but when she does lookout. Could be hurt feelings Kyle gets along better with her friends than her. Maybe she just feels alienated in this group.  
I honestly believe Kyle wants to be close to Kathy.  Kathy also could be harboring resentment from Kyle/Kim drama over the years. I don’t think the little jabs about her clothes brought this on at all.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Just theorizing: I wonder if Kathy was feeling a little bit of insecurity about her age at the club? She initially sounded like she was worried about how she was dressed and whether or not they would let her in. So she was already feeling a little uncomfortable. Then they reject her admittedly kind of weird request to form a conga line.

Avaleigh, I appreciate your thoughts on this. I have a bit of a different perspective and please allow me to share; I'm Kathy's age and also belong to a private club in Colorado which has a dress code.  My guess is Kathy would not have gotten turned back. Private clubs aren't really that into pissing people off and she is no stranger to private clubs.  

Anyway, I'm a Kathyphile but I don't understand the conga line thing.  *Kathy*  Please call me, we can dance the night away.  I can be FUN! I will not order tequila or talk about your family.  Call me.  Please!

• Like 6
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, ww92 said:

You know, I'm starting to think that none of this has to do with jealousy. I'm starting to think it's all an effort at distraction. Just a few episodes ago all eyes  were on Erika screaming that she doesn't give a crap about any victims, when Kyle was desperately trying to get her to shut up and  Rinna couldn't  shove Erika out the door and off camera fast enough.

So they have to somehow get the focus off of Erika and on to something or someone else and Rinna saw the perfect opportunity with Kathy. She purposely did things to push Kathy's buttons. Between what she's observed during the  years she's known her and what Kyle has told her,  Rinna would know what those buttons are.

Yeah, I think it's that, but also Rinna likely realized she hadn't brought anything to the table this season other than "My mom's a bird now" and she did this to give herself a storyline and get off the chopping block. Earlier this season we were saying "Is Rinna even on this show?" because she was barely being featured. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ladle said:

Yeah, I think it's that, but also Rinna likely realized she hadn't brought anything to the table this season other than "My mom's a bird now" and she did this to give herself a storyline and get off the chopping block. Earlier this season we were saying "Is Rinna even on this show?" because she was barely being featured. 

“My mom’s a bird now.” LOL The only likable thing about Lisa is gone. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2