Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: Silence Is Golden

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Avaleigh said:

Just theorizing: I wonder if Kathy was feeling a little bit of insecurity about her age at the club? She initially sounded like she was worried about how she was dressed and whether or not they would let her in. So she was already feeling a little uncomfortable. Then they reject her admittedly kind of weird request to form a conga line.

Your whole post makes sense, as one of the puzzle pieces to just why Kathy went off.

I'm around Kathy's age, and just this week, I was at a company meeting, and I realized that these young 'uns are what I was, years ago.  I used to get attention, people would always want me to join into their little groups.  It used to actually bother me that I couldn't ever just sit, alone, on my laptop or whatever, as people would always come sit & talk to me.  At this meeting, I started to feel the "invisibleness" of getting older.

Kathy could also be on Rx's that, when combined with alcohol, lack of sleep, and stress, are a combustible combo.

Plus, as you stated, she was looking for things that are decades old:  MJ music, a conga line, and clothes that just do not measure up to what the 20-somethings are wearing.

The Rinna's of the world do their best to fit in, style and body-wise, but they are still, just....old women.

A friend of mine (she lies about her age, but I know the truth) started working out, losing weight, getting the Botox/hair treatments/etc., now only wears skin-tight, midriff-baring outfits.  Every. Where.  Closer to 70 than to 60.  We are not fooling anyone.  

Kathy Hilton's days as the belle of the ball have passed.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 12
43 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Based on my own family experience, some of Kathy's behavior reminds me of cognitive issues. Fatigue makes the symptoms much worse, as would alcohol.

I agree.
I have fibromyalgia and have issues sleeping.

When I have a flare up, my brain really doesn’t work - brain fog.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, SnarkAttack said:

Why would Kathy vent to Rinna?  Wouldn't Rinna be one of the prime targets of her rant?

I think she would have done the same rant with Sutton, Crystal, Dorit,  Garcelle, etc. She was just looking to vent and Rinna happened to be there. I think adding in the comments Rinna made earlier in the car "You're Kathy Hilton, you can wear whatever the fuck you want" along with Rinna opting to go back to the house with her the way a friend would do with someone who was having a bit of a meltdown--I think those factors were enough for Kathy to feel like she was with somebody she could confide in without it later turning into some big thing. She might have even mistakenly believed that Rinna felt bad about the tequila thing from earlier and was doing her best to make it up to her. I don't think she dreamed for a second that she'd be texting Erika a play by play or that she'd weaponize the situation days and weeks later.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
54 minutes ago, Mar said:

Posted by Kathy Hilton 😂

EAB009FA-0E21-452F-BA70-2EC594966342.thumb.jpeg.f85a8bac473dc175d74aae6db34501c0.jpeg

That sums most of these Housewives. Good one Kathy. 

14 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I think she would have done the same rant with Sutton, Crystal, Dorit,  Garcelle, etc. She was just looking to vent and Rinna happened to be there. I think adding in the comments Rinna made earlier in the car "You're Kathy Hilton, you can wear whatever the fuck you want" along with Rinna opting to go back to the house with her the way a friend would do with someone who was having a bit of a meltdown--I think those factors were enough for Kathy to feel like she was with somebody she could confide in without it later turning into some big thing. She might have even mistakenly believed that Rinna felt bad about the tequila thing from earlier and was doing her best to make it up to her. I don't think she dreamed for a second that she'd be texting Erika a play by play or that she'd weaponize the situation days and weeks later.

And Rinna does have a charming, motherly side to her. 

• LOL 9

I know tequila can make you absolutely whacky. I had a couple experiences with that poison early in life and swore it off early in life too. It also makes a non rowdy person, more aggressive. Personal experience.

ANOTHER interesting tidbit, I red it elsewhere on line, was someone had done some sleuthing and found out that the Kemo Sabe in Aspen does NOT normally serve 188 tequila. There was one shots worth in that bottle poured for Rinna. There IS a liquor store near Aspens Kemo Sabe that does sell it though.

If I didnt know better I’d say the whole 188 Tequila fiasco was a set up to piss off Kathy from the beginning. I wonder who was all in on it. 🙄

The plot thickens.

• Mind Blown 8
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

It's there guys, it's there! Not as much as shady, shit stirrer Rinna, but still.

16709582-7304843-image-a-91_156455820405

Rinna looks like she's in a far off place in that pic. Like she's wondering how she ended up getting stuck with comforting Camille.

In terms of mothering skills, Rinna gives me that "I'm not a regular mom, I'm a cool mom. ;)" vibe. The way she says "My friend Kendall Jenner"? What 59 year old woman is desperate to be friends with one or her daughters' 20something year old friends?

• Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Rinna looks like she's in a far off place in that pic. Like she's wondering how she ended up getting stuck with comforting Camille.

In terms of mothering skills, Rinna gives me that "I'm not a regular mom, I'm a cool mom. ;)" vibe. The way she says "My friend Kendall Jenner"? What 59 year old woman is desperate to be friends with one or her daughters' 20something year old friends?

lol in her defense, Camille was in rare form there. I remember Erika getting further and further away from her on the couch. lol 

Oh for sure! But I've noticed Rinna will take away Erika when she's being a bigger ass than usual. She tried to calm down Kyle during her mammogram scare. Rinna isn't always nasty, and she can be likable. I know that's an unpopular opinion, but I can see Kathy feeling like she could vent to Rinna if Rinna was being nice in the moment. Not saying it was a smart move, but I can see it. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

ALSO, I just red it elsewhere online is that the 818 Reposado variety of tequila, which is the type Rinna had poured into her shot glass at Kemo Sabe is a golden yellow color. What was poured for her was clear, like water. 
Whos the cheapest in the land? Rinna. There was only one shots worth available and she ordered it. If someone else joined her they might have tasted only water. 
I really hope this goes viral. 

Sorry,... above I was writing it as 188 tequila, not the correct name of 818 tequila. I am not a drinker and not up on these kind of products. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Especially the unemployed one (Amelia) who made all sorts of high-end, haughty demands a few seasons ago on what kind of first apartment she had to have to the property finder, as Rinna looked indulgently on. I remember being totally amazed at her sense of entitlement and rudeness.

Then there was Rinna’s shopping spree in New York (with the same spawn, IIRC), to furnish a place there, where they rang up $$$$ on tacky crap. Probably all on Harry’s credit card. 

Amelia is Lisa’s Mini Me. Look out.

There is really nothing to like about Rinna at all, is there?

Just remember this. Garcelle got an invite to Elton John’s White House concert. Diana didn’t. 

I also read that Diana financially supports Elton Johns aids foundation which explains why  she probably had him call her on the show and I'm sure she has good reason to hook up  with him considering her husband's career.  Her at the White House, yeah, I just don't see her getting an invite there. She has such conflicting behaviour and I don't even trust her charitable motivations seeing her behaviour on RHOBH.  She seems very manipulative and self serving imo.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh for sure! But I've noticed Rinna will take away Erika when she's being a bigger ass than usual. She tried to calm down Kyle during her mammogram scare. Rinna isn't always nasty, and she can be likable. I know that's an unpopular opinion, but I can see Kathy feeling like she could vent to Rinna if Rinna was being nice in the moment. Not saying it was a smart move, but I can see it. 

I actually found Rinna really likable in her first few seasons, back when she was just doing this show as part of her hustle and seemed to be having a soapy good time with it. Somewhere along the line, she became overly invested in the show and she took a turn. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, ladle said:

I actually found Rinna really likable in her first few seasons, back when she was just doing this show as part of her hustle and seemed to be having a soapy good time with it. Somewhere along the line, she became a c*#t.  overly invested in the show and she took a turn. 

There, I FTFY! 😉

Edited by gingerella
  • LOL 6
On 9/30/2022 at 1:26 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Yes. They've given Teresa G. a pass (NJ) , Dorinda (NYC), Nene (ATL), and Lisa R. to name just a few. I'm sure I'm missing some. 

I just happened to be watching Potomac this morning…I don’t watch this franchise usually. But that hair-pulling, glass-throwing fight at the winery between Monique and Candiace was the most horrific I’ve seen, and proves my point a million times over. Bravo was damned lucky no one was seriously hurt.

If your production crew has to come in and break things up — at a risk to themselves — that is a problem.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I still don’t see how most of what Rinna claims Kathy said is worse than Erika calling all of the other women (EXCEPT RINNA) bitches and CU next tuesdays as she stormed out of Kyle’s house earlier in the trip after the “victims” conversation. And it was caught on camera!

Separately, I found Kathy quite articulate in her apologies and her dealing with Rinna. The “unkind” line was perfectly delivered and conveyed so much in so few words. 👌 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, HelloOutThere said:

I still don’t see how most of what Rinna claims Kathy said is worse than Erika calling all of the other women (EXCEPT RINNA) bitches and CU next tuesdays as she stormed out of Kyle’s house earlier in the trip after the “victims” conversation. And it was caught on camera!

And yet that's now been forgotten given WHAT KATHY DID. 

I think it's pretty clear that was Rinna and Erika's intent from the start.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

I think c*** is a vulgar insult. I hate the way Erika and Diana called Sutton one. It was cruel and uncalled for, but I would never think of it along the same lines as the n word. A slur to me is something different. To each his own though. Trust me, I do prefer the way you all think to the women on this show. The name calling has gotten out of hand, and I think even the word bitch (while again not a slur imo), still gets thrown around too much. 

https://newrepublic.com/article/148713/whats-bad-c-word

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I think c*** is a vulgar insult. I hate the way Erika and Diana called Sutton one. It was cruel and uncalled for, but I would never think of it along the same lines as the n word. A slur to me is something different. To each his own though. Trust me, I do prefer the way you all think to the women on this show. The name calling has gotten out of hand, and I think even the word bitch (while again not a slur imo), still gets thrown around too much. 

I don't even consider Bitch a slur anymore. I learned a long time ago, especially in business, "Bitch" is synonymous with "strong woman with opinions." I wear the term as a badge of honor. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
6 minutes ago, chlban said:

I don't even consider Bitch a slur anymore. I learned a long time ago, especially in business, "Bitch" is synonymous with "strong woman with opinions." I wear the term as a badge of honor. 

I don't consider it a slur, but I think it's aggressive. I've heard so many women described as one who absolutely do not deserve it. I understand what you mean, but I still hate how it's often used just to describe strong women with opinions.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I didn’t say it’s on the level of the n word. But it is still a slur, in my opinion. 

You have your opinion and I have mine, and that’s fine. And we could debate this til the cows come home, probably derailing the thread, but I did think it was relevant to mention in this case because someone did a “FTFY” in a quote attributed to me and added the c-word. And I don’t ever want to be associated with using that term for another woman. There are soooo many other mean things we could say about Rinna that are not gendered. 

Edited by ladle
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, ladle said:

I didn’t say it’s on the level of the n word. But it is still a slur, in my opinion. 

I know you didn't. I just personally consider slurs to be more n word, f word that Kathy allegedly used, words like that. I know many disagree with me. I could go more into why, but don't want to get OT. 

On 9/28/2022 at 7:17 PM, Straycat80 said:

The text from Kathy to Rinna did not sound threatening to me. Rinna is going to milk this for all the screen time and attention it’s worth for her. No bueano. 

I so dislike Rinna. She is loving having something to lord over Kathy. She doesn't care if it hurts Kyle in the process. The way she treated her long time "friend" Denise showed her true character, and now this.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, queta said:

I so dislike Rinna. She is loving having something to lord over Kathy. She doesn't care if it hurts Kyle in the process. The way she treated her long time "friend" Denise showed her true character, and now this.

Yeah. I actually used to like Rinna, and then less each season. She officially lost me with how she treated Denise. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
On 9/29/2022 at 2:03 AM, CallmeCray said:

Baboon’s Ass is absolute trash.  She’s also a horrible actress, and I’m convinced that she’s preparing for a role as Chucky with the new face she’s wearing.  She threw out a quick attempt to explain it away in Aspen - blaming the elevation, but no dice.  It looks like her own plastic surgeon is no fan of hers, either.  

I almost feel sorry for Rinna because she's become so unattractive. She probably knows it, and has self-loathing. I wonder if she realizes that she's destroying real relationships for a paycheck. I think I have to stop watching this show. It's one thing to have conflict about some light shade someone has thrown "You're doormat is too small for the entrance" or "What am I jealous of? Your ugly leather pants?"; it's quite another to watch people destroy  a pair of sister's relationship to deflect from their own behavior. I'm not saying Kathy and Kyle don't have a messed up dynamic, but Rinna's milking it for all its worth. I've seen people do this in real life, leading to years of estrangement. I don't need to watch it for "entertainment." 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1

I fear it's happening again...

I don't see how Rinna could do this stuff without the assistance of, or encouragement of,  or scheming and planning of Kyle, and she's going to get away with it again because now all the focus is on Rinna and how terrible she is.  Kyle's the one with a big old barrel of issues with Kathy, not Rinna. And Rinna's the one who'll do anything to stay relevant.

I am aware that I am starting to sound like George Costanza, all paranoid and blaming Lloyd Braun, sure, but if you'll recall, George was actually right about Lloyd!  It really would have worked out if Lloyd Braun hadn't have interfered! ;)

Kyle's getting away with it again. :|

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I just happened to be watching Potomac this morning…I don’t watch this franchise usually. But that hair-pulling, glass-throwing fight at the winery between Monique and Candiace was the most horrific I’ve seen, and proves my point a million times over. Bravo was damned lucky no one was seriously hurt.

If your production crew has to come in and break things up — at a risk to themselves — that is a problem.

Agree with you but at least Monique wasn’t invited back the next season. But Teresa and Nene have gotten physical—Teresa once with Andy at a reunion even—and still been invited back. Same with Lisa. None of these incidents were as bad as the Monique and Candiace one but they still showed someone out of control who got physical. 

I forgot one: On RHOA, Portia attacked Kenya at a reunion. She had to be pulled off her. She was downgraded to friend of next season but was still back, and later she was back as regular cast member. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
41 minutes ago, Mar said:

Just like with Denise, she isn’t capable of letting things go. There is something very wrong with her.

EA4A5DAE-9A0F-44A8-BD06-F1252471E0E3.thumb.jpeg.b809eb5b526e88c3d1a01e3ed95fb116.jpeg

She totally had that same look on her face while she was typing that out. Gross.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Sadly, I think BravHo and Wonky Andy enjoy catfights, particularly Andy. He's a piece of human garbage IMO, and I fully believe that his producers on these Ho franchises are told to ramp up the drama to a 12+ whenever possible, no matter the cost to anyone else on the show. I long for the day when something goes really off the rails and both Andy and BravHo are sued in a court of law where they will likely lose the case. That's the only thing that will curb their penchant for encouraging this disgusting behavior on screen.

• Applause 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, gingerella said:

Sadly, I think BravHo and Wonky Andy enjoy catfights, particularly Andy. He's a piece of human garbage IMO, and I fully believe that his producers on these Ho franchises are told to ramp up the drama to a 12+ whenever possible, no matter the cost to anyone else on the show. I long for the day when something goes really off the rails and both Andy and BravHo are sued in a court of law where they will likely lose the case. That's the only thing that will curb their penchant for encouraging this disgusting behavior on screen.

I'm pretty sure that it's in the Ho's contracts that they can't sue Bravo.

• Sad 2
  • Useful 2

To be fair, Harry Hamlin did rate Lisa’s BJ skills a 10 on a scale of 1 to 5…so, good to know her mouth is good for something, I guess? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Hiyo
  • Wink 1
5 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

THIS needs to happen!  I would add one more HW, however, Rinna the Roach herself.  Maybe she will get some of the abuse she has heaped upon the others.  Revenge is sweet, baby!

In this case, the show needs to be held at Bluestone Manor. I believe Dorinda rents it out (without Dorinda), so there you go. There should be no exotic locale or outside attractions to distract from what needs to be done. Being isolated like that really amped up the drama on RHUGT2. Karma, baby! 😉

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Regarding the possible racist or homophonic slurs, I’ve looked around and it seems to me that all the sites that printed the allegations were sourced from the same article.  I’d like to see an independent corroborating source.  Kathy is ten years older that Kyle.  I suspect that is why Kathy uses a correcting tone with Kyle.  When Kathy was 21, Kyle was only 11.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Jel said:

image.png.9644cb839ab9680986f1e13f41e7eb16.png

I'm wondering if Kyle originally was in on the FF5 going after Kathy.  She kind of set her up with the constant picking on her about her slippers, clothing, not supporting her tequila tasting.  But, then when Kathy had her meltdown and maybe said some serious things about Kyle and the family, Kyle got nervous and wanted to backtrack.  She saw how Rinna was going for blood and maybe had second thoughts.  She still didn't stick up for Kathy when Rinna was calling her black hearted and so on, but she looked like she had just opened up Pandora's box.

I can't wait to see how this will be addressed at the reunion!

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

THIS needs to happen!  I would add one more HW, however, Rinna the Roach herself.  Maybe she will get some of the abuse she has heaped upon the others.  Revenge is sweet, baby!

Oh no...please don't spoil it with the roach 🥺  I wouldn't want to see her worm her way back with delusional "truths" and fake bunny tears. IF she has to appear, I'd rather it was off camera while she watches what REAL friends are about, and listening to them ripping her a new one. But then again, she doesn't even deserve the paycheck for that.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm wondering if Kyle originally was in on the FF5 going after Kathy.  She kind of set her up with the constant picking on her about her slippers, clothing, not supporting her tequila tasting.  But, then when Kathy had her meltdown and maybe said some serious things about Kyle and the family, Kyle got nervous and wanted to backtrack.  She saw how Rinna was going for blood and maybe had second thoughts.  She still didn't stick up for Kathy when Rinna was calling her black hearted and so on, but she looked like she had just opened up Pandora's box.

I can't wait to see how this will be addressed at the reunion!

It's important to say that I don't have an Instagram account, so I can't even say for sure if Kyle posted this. 

And, I think what you suggest here is definitely possible, but the timing of it makes me question that idea.  

Assuming that is a real Insta post of Kyle's, it's allegedly posted the day after Kathy's meltdown, which we now know happened on one day, into evening, into the night (according to Rinna), and this is the day after that.

We also know Rinna claims she was traumatized, and Kyle claims she was deeply hurt by what Kathy had said.

So if this is the very day after all that hurt and trauma, why that picture, Kyle and Rinna, laughing like that, with that particular caption? Doesn't seem very hurt or traumatized, seems much more  the message being conveyed is "gotcha, bitch!"

Maybe these women think they are on The Hills and are just making tv. Shrug.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1