Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: Silence Is Golden

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Jel said:

It's important to say that I don't have an Instagram account, so I can't even say for sure if Kyle posted this. 

And, I think what you suggest here is definitely possible, but the timing of it makes me question that idea.  

Assuming that is a real Insta post of Kyle's, it's allegedly posted the day after Kathy's meltdown, which we now know happened on one day, into evening, into the night (according to Rinna), and this is the day after that.

We also know Rinna claims she was traumatized, and Kyle claims she was deeply hurt by what Kathy had said.

So if this is the very day after all that hurt and trauma, why that picture, Kyle and Rinna, laughing like that, with that particular caption? Doesn't seem very hurt or traumatized, seems much more  the message being conveyed is "gotcha, bitch!"

Maybe these women think they are on The Hills and are just making tv. Shrug.

Also, didn't Rinna claim that she didn't tell Kyle that day what Kathy said because she needed to "process it" or didn't want to hurt her or some such bullshit?  Am I misremembering?

• Like 2
  • Love 4
On 9/30/2022 at 10:35 AM, charliesan said:

Anyway, this "exclusive" club sounds like a nightmare, first the DJ wouldn't play a song, they couldn't get their coats, they didn't serve them drinks till Diana paid 200 dollars. Why WOULDN'T they want to leave with Kathy? 

And you get to pay a ton to join.  Frankly, I don't picture the attendee's of this club being young like an everyday nightclub.  I am guessing employees sign NDA's considering who could be there any given night.  I just don't picture the  employee's being anything other than attentive at an exclusive private club. And yeah, I do believe Kathy said shit.  I also believe Rinna is completely exaggerating.  My point is, it didn't happen on camera.  If off camera stuff is fair game, there are quite a few things that viewers might like discussed.  

• Applause 5
  • Love 2
On 9/30/2022 at 1:23 AM, RealHousewife said:

That's our Kyle. She's a sweet pushover, ain't she. 

kyle-rhobh-fucking-liar-kyle-richards.gi

WD3C.gif

kyle-richards-kyle-rhobh.gif

rhobh-poker-night-brandi-kyle-shove.gif?

fuck-you-kyle-richards.gif

tumblr_njffow88VS1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

tumblr_ox5r90Jtnp1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

dont-ever-talk-to-me-like-that-again-rea

51OP.gif

28eadbcd-c815-4efe-920e-10bb9bc14cd0.png

I can't believe how easily Kyle got away with grabbing and yanking Brandi like that. People still tried to put it on Brandi as if Brandi was the aggressive one and she literally had both hands full and was just trying to get Kim to  leave an escalating situation. I get that people don't like Brandi but back then she wasn't sooooooooo bad and to be honest Brandi had recognized how Kyle sets Kim up filming wise and was just calling it out. I was so happy someone was speaking up about this but of course it was Brandi so nobody really took a closer look at what she was pointing out. Brandi never said Kim was a saint, just that Kyle always manages to try and have "conflict resolution" at some seriously inopportune times. That was one example of how Kyle wasn't happy with the idea of a camera moment slipping away from her. 

Kim actually gave in and ended up speaking to Kyle outside. I hate to say it but Kim and Brandi's friendship, after how they started and how much Kim refused to ever squash it was something I really enjoyed. It was bound to be a train wreck and I hope it wouldn't have been but I really think that Brandi saw right through Kyle and noticed just how often Kyle offered Kim up to the cameras for extended humiliation and shame. Sure Kim is responsible for her own messes but if you look back on the season, you'll notice how intent Kyle is on forcing a public dialogues, public conversations. Showing her dismay with Kim at a full table of people or at a party or gathering. I get that Kim misbehaved and made poor decisions but what I didn't understand was that Kyle more often than not BROUGHT ATTENTION to it and would also make it a point to confront Kim about it knowing damn well she wasn't going to get anywhere. 

Kyle has no problems taking digs at her sisters when she's around her friends. Setting up a filmed sit down where she cries and begs understanding of what could possibly justify the treatment she receives from them.  Ugghhh, it's all so manipulative and as much as there's a narrative saying Kathy is also manipulative I don't get the same energy. To me, I feel like Kim and Kathy treat Kyle like the sister role she plays and they both know it. Kyle's the woe is me sister, that's done so much but wants everyone to believe that her sisters don't see that and mistreat her when I don't see that at all. I do see the 3 way dysfunction and what I also see is Kathy and Kim not treating their family dynamic as something specific to just one of them. I think they all know they have their sibling shit but to me Kyle is the only one who seems to wear it like a costume and then parade it out as something that is directed at her.  And the kicker is I don't believe she believes that narrative either. I think she's on the same page as her sisters about their dynamic. Basically it's a roller coaster but for the show I really truly believe Kyle spins it and wears it and cherry picks stuff then SHARES IT (with co-wives) in order to deliver a pretty meaty Richard sister take on family dsyfunction all for the show.  At any expense and at all costs.

That's why I'll never shed any tears for Miss frog cry. And why, when I see either of her sisters react to her with a knowing look and a simple K-Y-L-E.... I won't see it as something menacing. I see it as them trying to shut down Kyles theatrics and her attempt at making them look bad.

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
On 9/30/2022 at 11:24 AM, lili45 said:

However, Kathy is well into her 60’s now, and in a different period in her life. Club culture has changed, everything changes! I can completely understand wanting to leave this club as apparently the dj told her to “go back to LA”  after making an MJ song request! If that happened, it’s unacceptable to treat a patron in that manner, on the dj’s part. 
Also, Kyle said let’s go to the club for 5 minutes. They were clearly there for significantly longer. So Kathy was clearing  hurt by the entire day’s shenanigans. Rinna and the tequila, Mo and Kyle being incessantly rude to her, Kyle never defending her sister, etc,… Seems like Kathy was tired of being very ill treated…

In a nutshell basically. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 9/30/2022 at 6:30 PM, tranquilidade said:

Am I the only one who no longer cares what Kathy did or said?  I mean, so what! She already apologized for whatever it was. It just doesn’t interest me anymore.(

RIGHT!!! Like so what. To act like there has been some crisis invoked by that woman because she went on a rant. 

And the pearl clutching over the alleged slurs are also causing me to eyeroll.  One is her using the term white privilege which..... and...???? and the other using the F word while unacceptable and ugly isn't something Imma call my congressman about. There's true hatred and then there's just silly ignorance. 

Besides, I never understand what it is that's supposed to be done after said bad behavior? This need for swift, immediate and debilitating punishment in today's society now a days sort of scares me. I don't want to be required to be completely and absolutely consumed by the mistakes of others to the point that I NEED their heads on a platter. It's just gotten so Lord of the Flies if you ask me. Sheesh!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 12
On 9/29/2022 at 2:57 PM, RoseAllDay said:

Yeah, you’re right, on second thought. I just can’t help but notice how she always kind of shrinks back whenever conflict breaks out. (Thinking specifically of the stuffed bunny incident at the reunion where I thought she was going to chew her finger down to the knuckle.) She can go, too, AFAIC. 

Do you remember the way Kyle flew out of that door at the restaurant when Rinna threw the glass at Kim  ! Lol !!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 9/30/2022 at 7:46 PM, endure said:

I'm assuming she drank tequila too and I know I have witnessed behaviour from friends and family that was totally out of character when drinking tequila.  I don't know the extent of the issues between Rinna & Kathy but there's something  that has been going on for some time.  Good point!!! = Why didn't Rinna call and get the camera crew over ASAP and film it?

This! The agave in tequila is a stimulant and it can definitely hit different. There’s a reason why the RHONY Mexico trip was so legendary. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Also, didn't Rinna claim that she didn't tell Kyle that day what Kathy said because she needed to "process it" or didn't want to hurt her or some such bullshit?  Am I misremembering?

I believe she did. It was the start of all her cryptic bullshit. Rinna knew full well that she could get away with saying almost nothing about what really happened in the van, because only she and Kathy were in it, if she talked long enough about how “shocking” and “traumatizing” it was…leaving the gang’s vivid imaginations to fill in the blanks. She could make Kathy out to be “psychotic” without having to provide any hard details. Rinna is just enough of a bad actress that she can act “shocked” and “traumatized” —  over what, nobody will probably ever know. Perfect setup.

It was Rinna at her most diabolically vile, if that’s possible. What I will never forget is her leaving Crystal’s party because of “PTSD,” then turning around and sitting just feet from Kathy on Kyle’s couch, fighting with her, and being the bully just like with Denise.

She is repellent, and is only getting worse. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 15

At the party, Erika said to Diana all Kathy Hilton has to do is admit what she said, apologize and then we move on. It's a shame that she didn't say that to Rinna who now says she will never forget it and will not accept Kathy's apology.   I hope that Kathy doesn't start groveling at Rinna's feet and apologize over and over. 

• Love 3

Never before scene shows Kyle ribbing Kathy even more that what we saw. Poor, Poor, POOR Kyle! She is s horrible....I wish Kathy wouldn’t have been so apologetic, Kyle started it with the underhanded insults. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/30/2022 at 12:26 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Yes. They've given Teresa G. a pass (NJ) , Dorinda (NYC), Nene (ATL), and Lisa R. to name just a few. I'm sure I'm missing some. 

They had Phaedra Parks hit the bricks and Porsha Williams had to take a break for a while before they let her back.

On 9/27/2022 at 2:32 AM, Glama said:

My other half cannot stand me watching these housewives shows. He says all they do is drink and shout.  He's not terribly wrong. Whenever I watch an episode in the living room, he can hear it in another room and ask if I'm watching one of my 'shouting programs'. Even if the housewives aren't arguing, they are always squealing or screaming at one point or another. It's such a loud program!

When my husband walks in on me watching RHONY or RHOBH, it’s like he caught me picking my nose. I pretend I’m not really watching it, I was just scratching my nose. 😬

I hate how embarrassing this show is.

1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

WHY was Rinna at Kyle’s? WHY?

Exactly. Kyle didn’t tell her sister Rinna was coming until cameras were rolling. What an asshole.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2

My husband told me while he was in a hotel away on business he flipped thru the stations and saw a few minutes of one of the HW's shows, he described it as each woman tried to  look sexier than the next, he had no clue that they were just having dinner somewhere and that they always dress like that, it is just another Tuesday night for these women, lol. 

• LOL 6
On 9/30/2022 at 7:15 AM, ZettaK said:

As for Erika, she told Sutton again that she expected compassion from the HWs. But she never offered any for the victims herself.

She should be grateful she had a wonderful life until recently, unlike most people, and that she still has a well paid job which requires only three to four months of her "effort" a year. 

Erika seems to actually believe that she is suffering as much as the clients Tom defrauded.

• Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 9/30/2022 at 9:26 PM, Avaleigh said:

Just theorizing: I wonder if Kathy was feeling a little bit of insecurity about her age at the club? She initially sounded like she was worried about how she was dressed and whether or not they would let her in. So she was already feeling a little uncomfortable. Then they reject her admittedly kind of weird request to form a conga line. (Just that someone on this thread was able to find a Golden Girls reference on that kind of adds to the point.

Happy Golden Girls GIF by TV Land
(sorry if this was already posted!)

On 10/2/2022 at 3:12 PM, Jel said:

image.png.9644cb839ab9680986f1e13f41e7eb16.png

Wow!  Wtf?!  So at first, Kyle was all in on taking Kathy down.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

New scene: Erika and Tom had an argument. He stayed in the guest house for six weeks. No heat, leaky roof. She claims that this shows how petty Tom was. I say it shows how much he couldn’t stand being in the same room as Erika.

Well Tom even took a 12 hour nap in ravine behind their home to avoid her. Allegedly.

• LOL 12
On 10/2/2022 at 10:43 AM, Mar said:

Just like with Denise, she isn’t capable of letting things go. There is something very wrong with her.

EA4A5DAE-9A0F-44A8-BD06-F1252471E0E3.thumb.jpeg.b809eb5b526e88c3d1a01e3ed95fb116.jpeg

Surprised she'd post a photo of herself with her face looking bloated and her wig so obvious!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 10/3/2022 at 1:17 PM, Yours Truly said:

I can't believe how easily Kyle got away with grabbing and yanking Brandi like that. People still tried to put it on Brandi as if Brandi was the aggressive one and she literally had both hands full and was just trying to get Kim to  leave an escalating situation. I get that people don't like Brandi but back then she wasn't sooooooooo bad and to be honest Brandi had recognized how Kyle sets Kim up filming wise and was just calling it out. I was so happy someone was speaking up about this but of course it was Brandi so nobody really took a closer look at what she was pointing out. Brandi never said Kim was a saint, just that Kyle always manages to try and have "conflict resolution" at some seriously inopportune times. That was one example of how Kyle wasn't happy with the idea of a camera moment slipping away from her. 

Kyle shoved Brandi like a rag doll. I find the way Kyle manhandles other women disturbing. 

• Applause 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Kyle shoved Brandi like a rag doll. I find the way Kyle manhandles other women disturbing. 

Kyle's pushy when she wants to be.

Your mention of Brandi made me remember her finest moment, which happened during a Reunion show (Season 7?). Andy tried to help her out in an argument, and she told him to go fuck himself. That still cracks me up.

• LOL 4

Kyle shoved Brandi like a rag doll

Well, to be fair, Kyle kept trying to get to Kim to talk to her, but Brandi was literally inserting herself between K&K, so...

Your mention of Brandi made me remember her finest moment, which happened during a Reunion show (Season 7?). Andy tried to help her out in an argument, and she told him to go fuck himself. That still cracks me up.

Season 5. Brandi was gone by season 7.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Brandi did appear at the season 6 reunion, in a taped message for the rest of the HWs. She only appeared in 1 or 2 episodes that season, I believe.

Brandi feels like so long ago, yet she's still around. 😂

19 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Proudly comparing yourself to a cockroach indicates to me that maybe you are the one who needs therapy.

55 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

Brandi feels like so long ago, yet she's still around. 😂

Brandi is the one who is really like a cockroach - she only pops up when you least want to see her.

Rinna, on the other hand, is more like a super annoying housefly - constantly buzzing around in your face, contaminating everything it touches and needing to be swatted out of way (permanently).

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
On 10/5/2022 at 8:30 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Erika seems to actually believe that she is suffering as much as the clients Tom defrauded.

Because she is a true Narcissist. It is all about her. She keeps alluding to how everyone will be sorry when she is exonerated. She has no clue that, at this point, she can be totally exonerated as far as being part of, or even knowing, what Tom was doing. It won't matter because she has shown herself for the vile, mean horrible person she has always been. Her "I only care about me" line was the most honest she has been on the show. No coming back from this, regardless of how the legal matters play out. And, even if totally "innocent" bitch can give up a stupid pair of earrings that were, essentially, stolen, to people in true need, but she won't. AND she has no clue what the other women were so appalled about. Yep, We see you Erika. I never liked her, but had no idea how truly Vile she is. 

Edited by chlban
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5