Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: Silence Is Golden

• Start Topic

I’m just finally seeing the episode, although I did read a fair amount here earlier while doing some multi-tasking.  I’m just going to start a lil list of observations that I’m sure I’ll be supplementing repeatedly.  

1. Erika is that kid who loses their shit anytime their sibling/friend is handed a bigger slice of cake at the birthday party.

2. Baboon’s Ass is absolute trash.  She’s also a horrible actress, and I’m convinced that she’s preparing for a role as Chucky with the new face she’s wearing.  She threw out a quick attempt to explain it away in Aspen - blaming the elevation, but no dice.  It looks like her own plastic surgeon is no fan of hers, either.  

Edited by CallmeCray
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5

They could have ended this season two episodes ago and not bothered with the rant that wasn’t filmed. Who cares? They gave the last two shows to Rinna. You can see why her acting career never made it past a soap opera. Her acting is awful and her face evolved into a clown’s years ago. I don’t know about Kathy being jealous of the Kardashians but I think that describes Rinna. Her daughters didn’t make it as famous models nor did they reach the same social media level that some of the other daughters did. Kardash, Kathy, Yolanda…..etc. 

It would have been great if Kyle had stood up for her sister. But no. Of course not.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Hmmm detailed stories about Kathy's meltdown were leaked to the press. Who could have done that Rinna?

Unless Casper the Friendly Ghost was in the vehicle with them.

9 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Need we remind Rinna that it was the fact that Kim Kardashian was seen hanging around with Paris Hilton back in the day that got Kim noticed.

Paris is, basically, responsible for any of us knowing who Kim is.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

Paris is, basically, responsible for any of us knowing who Kim is.

Paris, plus Kim's "leaked" sex tape, plus Ryan Seacrest, plus Instagram...there is enough blame to go around for whoever unleashed the monstrosity that is the Kardashians on us.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 8

Was this one of the biggest bullshit moves Bravo has pulled?

Kathy and Kyle supposedly meet to come to some kind of peace about what happened, as well as other stuff from their past that they haven’t dealt with. At the end of a very stressful and emotional conversation, Kyle says, “Oh, by the way, I invited over the person who has been spreading all these stories about you and who for some reason hates your guts with the heat of a thousand suns. Want to stay?”

I mean…who does that?

39 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

That scene will never get old. Rinna was psychotic in that moment.

And she probably doesn’t remember it. What gets lost with that is a lot of people could have been seriously hurt from the flying glass.

1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

They could have ended this season two episodes ago and not bothered with the rant that wasn’t filmed. Who cares? They gave the last two shows to Rinna. You can see why her acting career never made it past a soap opera. Her acting is awful and her face evolved into a clown’s years ago. I don’t know about Kathy being jealous of the Kardashians but I think that describes Rinna. Her daughters didn’t make it as famous models nor did they reach the same social media level that some of the other daughters did. Kardash, Kathy, Yolanda…..etc. 

It would have been great if Kyle had stood up for her sister. But no. Of course not.

I agree. We’ll never know for sure what happened, but I’ll take Kathy’s side.

4 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

I’m just finally seeing the episode, although I did read a fair amount here earlier while doing some multi-tasking.  I’m just going to start a lil list of observations that I’m sure I’ll be supplementing repeatedly.  

1. Erika is that kid who loses their shit anytime their sibling/friend is handed a bigger slice of cake at the birthday party.

2. Baboon’s Ass is absolute trash.  She’s also a horrible actress, and I’m convinced that she’s preparing for a role as Chucky with the new face she’s wearing.  She threw out a quick attempt to explain it away in Aspen - blaming the elevation, but no dice.  It looks like her own plastic surgeon is no fan of hers, either.  

I hope these scenes are her final ones, outside of the reunion.

• Fire 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, blixie said:

Oh she was for sure enjoying it, she is also high on her own supply, I think I saw someone break it down that Kathy did a lot of Kyle for years including giving Mo a job when they were brokish. Now that Kyle and Mo are successful and Kyle has her own fame base she's acting out years of resentment on Kathy, who for her own reasons I'm sure finally decided to get in this reality show game (both this and Paris' wedding show). Like I genuinely believe there is years of complicated stuff it's why I do always kind of enjoy Kyle even when she's increasingly behaving like an asshole. I do find her family shit relatable, I do think Kathy is not completely innocent in the one upmanship game. She's just way way more fun to watch at this point. 

I love that Rinna who spent years on soaps doing the same storylines over and over, and now she is trying the same schtick on Howives, trotting out the same exact lines she used on Denise with Kathy, but Kathy Hilton is not Denise, who actually was your good friend for years. Kathy DGAF and she has more clout in BH than Rinna could ever hope to have. I mean Rinna can you and Harry afford for you to lose this gig?

Can Rinna and Harry live on her diaper money? or is that all gone lol

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Ok... Just watched it. I'm sad to have to admit it, but I'm #TeamRinna on that one ! Kathy was DARVO to a point that was disturbing ! She went there with an agenda, probably briefed by her advocates in order to deflect, but Rinna wasn't having any of it.

She knows how to manipulate Kyle (and I don't even like Kyle neither), and has been doing that for YEARS, but once she understood that Rinna wouldn't fall for it, she left.

Disturbing episode for me.

ETA : and I'm apparently the only one here, but... that's my take on it. FYI, as I'm not an native English speaker, I also look a lot at the physical expressions, stance, etc. and... #TeamRinna. Kathy was in total damage control redemption tour.

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

If I remembered it wrong I’ll cop to it, but didn’t Kyle tell Dorit that Georgia was behind LA/California in terms of time? I swear Kyle is the Porsha of Beverly Hills.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

Maybe the reason Kyle didn’t come to Kathy’s defense when Rinna-the-Sociopath went for Kathy at her house is because she’s been Kathy’s target too many times - even in that scene Kathy growled Kyle’s name in an attempt to shut her up. Kathy seems to see herself as Big Kathy now that their Queen Narcissist is gone.

Rinna is using the dysfunction of the Richards family as a tool against them. Because of her sick story, Kyle thought Kathy wanted to destroy her and her family. Kyle should interview the sprinter van driver.

Edited by nexxie
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

If I remembered it wrong I’ll cop to it, but didn’t Kyle tell Dorit that Georgia was behind LA/California in terms of time? I swear Kyle is the Porsha of Beverly Hills.

I thought she said, “It’s three hours later here.”

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

What gets lost with that is a lot of people could have been seriously hurt from the flying glass.

The scene was funny in a soap opera-ish way. But, for sure, flying glass in a restaurant is scary. People could have been injured. Glass winding up in food.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

So I didn’t watch this show for a number of years in the middle, but now I finally see the pattern of behavior that makes almost everyone  on this board despise Rinna. Anytime she “drops to a whisper,” watch the fuck out because she’s going to needle you with an insult or accusation so outrageous that you’re bound to have a big emotional reaction to it, and then she can sit back and be like, look how calm and collected I am, and you’re the one flying off the handle. Like that flashback clip they show just about every third episode of her whispering to Denise, “Oof. You’re soooooo angry.” Kathy, however, did not take the bait, even with the whispers of “black heart” and “psychotic break.” If someone really had a hair-trigger temper, I don’t know whether they would withstand those words.

That being said, it doesn’t seem that Rinna is lying. Crystal was the only one who said she doesn’t believe Rinna. Everyone else said the meltdown at the club happened. Diana said how Kathy should “know the game” of bribing the staff to keep quiet. Erika told us Kathy was yelling at Kyle, the manager, the DJ, and the poor coat check girl. Kathy admitted all of it was true and said she personally called everyone (except for Rinna and Erika because she didn’t have her number) to apologize, before she went and apologized to Kyle. It seems that Kathy went on Instagram live right after the fact and downplayed it all, but she is readily admitting to lashing out and insulting everyone within the context of this show. For sure, she’s not psychotic or evil to the core, but girlfriend had a no good, horrible, very bad day and lost her shit. No one on the show is disputing that—not even Kathy. Granted, I suppose we don’t know the actual words Kathy used, so perhaps the quotes from Rinna is what’s suspect, not that it didn’t outright happen?

This is sort of besides the point, but what was with the “howdy, pard’ner” persona that she put on to begin the conversations with both Kyle and Rinna? That was weird, right? It was like she’s never had to take accountability for her behavior and had to start it off as a joke. I think she handled it well once she sat down, but between that and ripping a branch off of Kyle’s mums to “bring her flowers,” it was like they’re forcing me here against my will and I’m not genuinely feeling it, so let me make a mockery of this whole mea culpa performance. Strange. 

Eh, perhaps Erika’s scrubbed-face therapy session was also a bit performative that I’m showing you the real me and bearing my soul (and bad skin) for the camera. I think she pulled it off a little better, though. I also like how she and Sutton had their little let’s forgive and forget lunch.

If the rest of this season was brought to you by the letter V for Victims, this episode was sponsored by the letter C for Compassion. We had Sutton, Erika, Kyle, Rinna, and Kathy all asking for others to give and/or show compassion. 

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 8

So I am not here to defend Rinna, who is grossly trying to milk this for all its worth, but can we talk about Kathy's stupid "I rode in from the Ponderosa" intro to her apologies.  BOTH OF THEM?   That made them seem less genuine to me and too over the top with "I'm just so quirky! I can't be expected to behave like a normal person!"  

• Like 5
  • Love 5

I bet Erika tucked into that Popeyes lunch at Sutton’s. The ONLY thing I ever liked about her was that she enjoyed her food and didn’t pick at it like the others. She’s tall with a curvy shape so can handle the calories I guess.  But, geez, she’s looking pretty rough without the heavy makeup.

I wondering what the lip filler does to lips. They’re all licking, sucking, primping, lips all the time especially Diana.  The filler must be a bother.  And, of course, Rinna’s lips have literally taken over her face. Sutton doesn’t have filler, but I can’t say that bright red is attractive.  Garcelle is aging the best and she doesn’t appear to have had anything done.

Erika is a selfish bitch, but Rinna is pure evil. How dare she say it’s Kathy who has the black heart.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Rinna just pulled another Kim. “Psychotic break” is a serious charge.

"Black Heart" was the last straw for Kathy. She held her shit together and left. Good for her. 

There must have been something else Kathy said that was so horrendous it can't be mentioned because so far I don't see why drama queen Rinna had to lock herself in the bedroom. Wasn't it revealed that Kathy was screaming racial and homophobic slurs also? 

The apology made no sense to me. I'm sorry I lost my cool, won't happen again. I love my sister and we have a history of fighting and making up. That should have been enough said.

• Love 11
Just now, Keywestclubkid said:

so we had a lil hurricane hit so I was busy and forgot that this was on and caught the tale end then I saw there was ANOTHER episode after this one.. I am tapping out this season 

I was wondering about you! Hope you’re doing well. 

• Love 7

It is heartening to see how Rinna's latest attempt at destroying someone has backfired beautifully. I hope Kim, Yolanda, Vanderpump and Denise are enjoying it. Rinna is just vile and, it appears everyone can now see it. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 10

I have a sneaking suspicion the Rinna/Kyle/Kathy convo scene was filmed after all the backlash of not having any footage to back up Kathy's meltdown. 

My theory: BRAVO contacted the three after they finished filming the season and all this came out. They said hey, we need to film a scene where Rinna confronts Kathy so we can make this more interesting for the viewers because we are getting alot of flack for this mess. So get your hair and makeup done!  Filming starts in 2 hrs so get your asses over to Kyles!

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, endure said:

We can only pray, this is Rinna’s swan song….. do we pray ha ha?

Unfortunately I think we are stuck with her. There was a hue and cry for her to be fired because of what she did to Denise but it didn’t happen. She laid low last season because most of the focus was on Erika. This season she came back desperate to be Head Bitch and it worked. Andy loves his villains, it brings ratings, so I’d be very surprised if she was let go. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
12 hours ago, Lassus said:

Kathy is giving off a lot of "I am an adult. You are a monkey clown." vibes in this conversation with Rinna.

Agreed! 

However, what the hell was Kathy wearing?  Looked a lot like the contents of a grab bag from the thrift store.  Animal print ruffled skirt? With a screen print tee shirt?  And I don't even have words for those boots?  The funniest part was that she seemed to think it was some sort of western wear.  🥴  At least we know it wasn't rented though, lol. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 9
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Cosmocrush said:

Agreed! 

However, what the hell was Kathy wearing?  Looked a lot like a blind shopping trip to the thrift store.  Animal print ruffled skirt? With a screen print tee shirt?  And I don't even have words for those boots?  The funniest part was that she seemed to think it was some sort of western wear.  🥴  At least we know it wasn't rented though, lol. 

For all Kathy's money she does not have a stylist and does not use a glam squad on an everyday basis, it shows. If I were her I would hire a team just to shut Kyle up with the all her comments.  

• Like 5
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, MaggieG said:

It's been said, but fuck Rinna. I guess I should no longer be surprised at all the crap she spews but here we are. The hypocrisy is just infuriating to watch. "Kathy threatened me into being quiet." Oh you mean how you actually threatened Sutton earlier this season saying you will "cut her down" if she comes after your family? "Kathy had a psychotic break". Oh so all the times this season that you lashed out and cried and then blamed it all on losing your mom, those were ok? Dorit, Kyle, Rinna and Erika have can all say horrible things, then make up with silly apologies and be laughing five minutes later, but Kathy is the one that needs to be held accountable when she made an actual, genuine apology to Kyle. Accusing Kathy of manipulating and gaslighting when Kathy starts crying about her friend dying of cancer when all Rinna has done this season has been using her mother's death as an excuse for her behavior. Oh and let's not forget when Sutton called Diana soulless, Kyle grabbed her and said "don't say that!". Here we have Rinna saying Kyle's own sister has a black heart and crickets from Kyle. 

And then we have her fake realization that Kathy's anger started early in the evening. "Oh it must have been when I ordered the tequila because Kathy is so jealous of the Kardashians!" My head almost exploded. 

Sutton's face when Erika said to Rinna "you're so evolved." She is all of us. I still can't believe Erika said it with a straight face but then again she also believes she is Tom's only victim.

20220928_191218.jpg

At least Kathy cried genuine tears not sure we ever saw any from Rinna.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, bencr said:

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but I thought Sutton's Popeye's lunch with Erika was kind of a sweet way to remind Erika that they come from a similar background. 

It was nice of Sutton to put the lunch together but I think Erika was probably not thrilled with Popeyes... I would be expecting something fancy, and if I showed up to Popeyes, I would be like oh great.  Erika probably eats cheap crap all day every day (good) but she was thinking she would get a caviar potato or something at Suttons.

2 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Ok... Just watched it. I'm sad to have to admit it, but I'm #TeamRinna on that one ! Kathy was DARVO to a point that was disturbing ! She went there with an agenda, probably briefed by her advocates in order to deflect, but Rinna wasn't having any of it.

She knows how to manipulate Kyle (and I don't even like Kyle neither), and has been doing that for YEARS, but once she understood that Rinna wouldn't fall for it, she left.

Disturbing episode for me.

ETA : and I'm apparently the only one here, but... that's my take on it. FYI, as I'm not an native English speaker, I also look a lot at the physical expressions, stance, etc. and... #TeamRinna. Kathy was in total damage control redemption tour.

I am definitely NOT on Rinna's side, but I am not on Kathy's either!  Everything I know about her from before the show makes me despise her.  And she must have said something really bad, and the show is just editing out the word(s).  I feel like even she knows that she said something wrong.

In the end, we all lose.  Please GOD let there be a new cast next season.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 3

Erika probably eats cheap crap all day every day (good) but she was thinking she would get a caviar potato or something at Suttons.

Ericka is in no position to turn down free anything these days.

• Wink 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Everyone else said the meltdown at the club happened.

But no one else was "disturbed" by it, suffered PTSD,  an seemed surprised Rinna was making a big deal out of it.   Besides, a RHoBH has a meltdown all the time. 

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

This is sort of besides the point, but what was with the “howdy, pard’ner” persona that she put on to begin the conversations with both Kyle and Rinna? That was weird, right? I

Kathy thought that mess of an outfit was a Western Wear style.  ?????  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Interesting contrast between Kyle getting aggressive and loud "You can't say that!!" when Sutton called Diana soulless, but not a peep when Lisa referred to Kathy as a black-hearted gaslighter in need of psychiatric care who uses dying friends as an excuse to misbehave.

She (and Garcelle to be fair) waved a banner about how bullshit it is that Crystal clams up and shrinks into herself when there's conflict or an attack on her, yet she displays that same behavior, which is so opposite to how alive she becomes when she's inserting herself into other people's drama.

I really hope next week's previews aren't a misdirect and that the FF5 4  finally cracks in half for good.

Edited by dmeets
  • Applause 9
  • Love 7

Anyone think Kathy drank too much tequila, behaved badly, apologized and it’s time to move on, or is there a lot more to this story?  They seem to draw this out over hours of wasted screen time. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Everyone else said the meltdown at the club happened.

But no one else was "disturbed" by it, suffered PTSD,  an seemed surprised Rinna was making a big deal out of it.   Besides, a RHoBH has a meltdown all the time. 

The BravBros on TikTok said "name me a HW who hasn't had a meltdown?" because, yeah, they all have.  And with this bunch, when it's one of the FF5 it gets shrugged off in one segment.  But if it's Kathy (or Garcelle...or Sutton...or Crystal) it becomes a storyline arc.

• Applause 6
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, dmeets said:

Interesting contrast between Kyle getting aggressive and loud "You can't say that!!" when Sutton called Diana soulless, but not a peep when Lisa referred to Kathy as a black-hearted gaslighter in need of psychiatric care who uses dying friends as an excuse to misbehave.

She (and Garcelle to be fair) waved a banner about how bullshit it is that Crystal clams up and shrinks into herself when there's conflict or an attack on her, yet she displays that same behavior, which is so opposite to how alive she becomes when she's inserting herself into other people's drama.

Yes!  I rewatched that scene and this time I just looked at Kyle. Unless she's a Meryl Streep/Viola Davis level actress, her reactions looked like "Wait, what!?" "oh man, this is going too far". Maybe a little guilt in there too?

I think for sure she knew Rinna would say something, at a visit that appeared to be scheduled for about 30 minutes after Kathy's.  Months ago, Kyle posted a pic of her and Rinna laughing, in Aspen,  and captioned, "You better believe we're going to talk about it", so I think this was planned. by Kyle and Rinna. She obviously feels the need to get at Kathy for something. But I also think it may not have gone as she anticipated, and she started to regret it in the moment.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Was Rinna stung by a hive of bees? Because that was one round swollen face. Maybe it’s from the PTSD?

I’m not surprised Kathy eventually had a meltdown. They picked at her from the time she walked into Kyle’s damned house for the FIRST TIME EVER until she supposedly lost it.

Do I believe Rinna? Not if she told me I live on the planet Earth. I’d pull out a map of the solar system to check. She stirs and lies and is the only one who heard the “threats”. Sure. And she has a giant mortgage with sauce man. Bitch is desperate.

So glad next week is the finale. Just have the 10 part reunion to get through now everyone! We’re so close! 😳

It's like Chicken Little who says, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling".  Then, when it really is, no one believes him. Rinna lies so much that if she IS telling the truth, no one believes her.  It's her own fault.  She will always be branded as a liar and evil person, even if she is "playing a part" on the show.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Unfortunately I think we are stuck with her. There was a hue and cry for her to be fired because of what she did to Denise but it didn’t happen. She laid low last season because most of the focus was on Erika. This season she came back desperate to be Head Bitch and it worked. Andy loves his villains, it brings ratings, so I’d be very surprised if she was let go. 

Right, and she's currently negotiating to be the highest paid bitch in the Real Ho franchise.

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 1

I always felt like when Rinna ordered the Jenner brand of tequila (does she even drink?) that it was intentional to rile Kathy.  Then Rinna brings that up last night saying how jealous Kathy is of the Kardashians! Who, what, really?  I don't know who Kathy is or how she acts or behaves but from what I've seen of her on the show I can't imagine her being jealous of them or their tequila.  But anyone would be annoyed with Rinna for her behaviour the way she ordered that tequila. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12

I think Rinna has dialed her performance up to eleven for Aspen and beyond in an attempt to make herself so controversial that the producers will be forced to include her in next season's cast in order to resolve all the firestorms she's trying to create. I don't know that she'll get the $2M that she's reportedly asking for  but she really needs the gig. She's run the total gambit of scenery chewing this year.

I loved that production included her sotto voce comment about renting her Tom Ford suit and then captioned it in case we didn't have closed captions on (which I always do). They do what they can to drop breadcrumbs for us.

I agree with whoever said the whole conversation at Kyle's was staged, but everything on this show is.

• Applause 5
  • Love 3