Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E02: Is There a Favorite Wife?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Kody and Robyn suck.

Cosign. Robyn's talking heads about how Kody is just sooooooooooo busy and how she is not the favorite made me roll my eyes. Sure Robyn. Seriously what does Kody do all day that makes him so busy?

Also, there was a voiceover of Robyn defending her and Kody, while Kody picked out the perfect shovel. If I hadn't known that we are basically a year behind I would be worried about Christine's whereabouts. 

It sounds like a majority of the kids seem to know exactly who Kody is and who he favors.

Another thing is that I am assuming we are around spring/summer 2021 if they are talking about moving Ysabel in August. I thought most Covid restrictions were much more relaxed in most places by that time. Does anyone know when Kody had Covid?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
9 minutes ago, Cancun said:

I want to know how many times Kody said “Covid” in this episode but I am unwilling to rewatch to count.

Also, when discussing driving Ysabel to college in 2021, Kody was saying, “That will be in August? Will gas stations even be open by then?” Like gas stations closed for 18 months. 🙄 He made at least one trip, to Montana (?), for a funeral so he knows full well that’s not a concern.

He's feces.

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, lindalouwho said:

He realizes he has a crap relationship with Ysabelle. It is Christine’s fault. He can’t commit to taking her to college. It’s COVID’s fault. Christine is leaving him. Because she had a bad attitude and didn’t watch Robin’s kids. I’m seeing a pattern here.

Oh yeah, I was bristling while he blamed everything else under the sun. Robyn, too.  It was mentioned several times by others that this began before covid, but Kody is hellbent on using covid as an excuse. Same with Christine,  everything wrong in his life is because of the stress mean ol' Christine is putting him through. If he stubs his toe three years from now it will be because of Christine,  I'm sure. Every problem from here on out will be because of the wreckage Christine left behind. I can hear it now. Robyn laments how hard it is to be around Kody because Christine makes him be an asshole. Maybe, Robyn, Kody is just immature and doesn't know how to handle his emotions like a big boy.  Maybe the man is just a jerk to whoever is in his path when things don't go his way, and for the first time you're getting a little of the real Kody.  🤷‍♀️. Nah, it can't be that, Christine just has magical control over Kody's behavior anywhere he goes.  Dumbasses, these two.  

• Like 6
  • Love 17

Watch this space. I call it now and right here. Next season Janelle will be gone too

4 hours ago, eskimo said:

Oh yeah, I was bristling while he blamed everything else under the sun. Robyn, too.  It was mentioned several times by others that this began before covid, but Kody is hellbent on using covid as an excuse. Same with Christine,  everything wrong in his life is because of the stress mean ol' Christine is putting him through. If he stubs his toe three years from now it will be because of Christine,  I'm sure. Every problem from here on out will be because of the wreckage Christine left behind. I can hear it now. Robyn laments how hard it is to be around Kody because Christine makes him be an asshole. Maybe, Robyn, Kody is just immature and doesn't know how to handle his emotions like a big boy.  Maybe the man is just a jerk to whoever is in his path when things don't go his way, and for the first time you're getting a little of the real Kody.  🤷‍♀️. Nah, it can't be that, Christine just has magical control over Kody's behavior anywhere he goes.  Dumbasses, these two.  

Love it. Long live will Christine make him an arsehole that Robyn has to live with. It's the perfect revenge!! Her happy ever after, him even more miserable, if thats even  at all possible.  Even thou he already is an arsehole and no doubt will remain to be til eternity and beyond!

• Like 2
  • Love 10

I don't know about Janelle leaving Kody. Christine said on the show that Janelle is Ok with her arengement with Kody. She gets what she needs from it. Basically to call him a husband and maybe once in awhile to have him pay a visit. But her kids likely would be happy if she got out of this arrangement. I hope she does leave but I will not hold my breath. 

What we say last night was pure BS spouted by Kody and Robyn. How do they look in the mirror and know that they are liars and that everyone with 1/2 a brain can see through them. 

• Like 1
  • Love 12

Janelle - That she has accepted the minuscule relationship Kody offers her makes Kody think he’s golden, after all if she’s okay with a sexless marriage where you only see your spouse occasionally, why should the kids care.  

Well Kody, the kids care because you consider your relationships with your kids based upon how close you are to their mothers…so how you treat her has always affected how you treat them.  AND they love their mother and they love Christine, so seeing how you treat both of them, compared to how you treat Robin….you better believe they see you for who you are.  They want better for the mother they love and the mother who has raised them.  It’s a perfect consequence to all of Kodys selfish behavior for years, to have most of his kids want little to nothing to do with him.  

Edited by Onecattoo
  • Like 6
  • Applause 6
  • Love 12

Janelle - That she has accepted the minuscule relationship Kody offers her makes Kody think he’s golden, after all if she’s okay with a sexless marriage where you only see your spouse occasionally, why should the kids care.  

Janelle consistently takes the path of least resistance. Kody never comes to her house or bothers her, and just calls occasionally to bitch. And she can call him to do handy man tasks. It works for her, even if it pisses off her kids. The rental lease is in her name, and I suspect her finances are mostly separate from Kody. She's smart, but lazy as hell.

Cutting the off the relationship OR trying to fix it takes effort. Janelle has no interest in most things that require effort. Hence sitting in an RV in the middle of nowhere versus trying to find at least a decent RV park. There will never be greenhouses for the same reason. I suspect selling Plexus as a reality star is very low effort as well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11

Robyn finally seeing the real Kody    And having to tell him that she’s not the 1 he is angry with so don’t take it out on her.    .  True, no one deserves that   Maybe she will understand that’s what the rest of the family goes through      Shallow end of pool thought : what in the world is meri’s hair ???

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I only half-paid attention to the episode, but I happened to look at the TV to see that brief moment where King Kodouche stood atop his mountain of prairie plague dirt and was circled by the camera for the shot.  I can promise you that he suggested that whole sequence to the producers to shoot, and they willingly shot it knowing full well how stupid it made him look.  What an asshole he is.  

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Cancun said:

I want to know how many times Kody said “Covid” in this episode but I am unwilling to rewatch to count.

I noticed that he said, "to be honest with you" quite a lot. That phrase is always such a red flag to me. It suggests that the speaker isn't always honest (and knows it) but they'd like you to know that in this particular moment, they are being honest. 

Edited by invisiblegirl12
  • Like 3
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

What we say last night was pure BS spouted by Kody and Robyn. How do they look in the mirror and know that they are liars and that everyone with 1/2 a brain can see through them. 

I saw through them in season one. The family was gathered in one of the kitchens and Robyn and Kootie were focused on each other with smiles and sparkly eyes like the other wives weren't there.  Despite their claims that PDAs in front of other wives are against their religion. Then when Christine was in labour with Truely and Kootie was off canoodling with Robyn. I'd love it if TLC compiled all such scenes from over the years and force Robyn & Kootie to sit there and watch it in front of us to see that Christine and the non-Robyn kids are speaking the truth.

1 hour ago, invisiblegirl12 said:

I noticed that he said, "to be honest with you" quite a lot. That phrase is always such a red flag to me. It suggests that the speaker isn't always honest (and knows it) but they'd like you to know that in this particular moment, they are being honest. 

But usually say it right before lying and they want you to think they are not lying this time.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 5
  • Love 5

So kody is running around doing nothing, and Robyn thinks he’s at other wives houses   And my mind keeps going back to her saying her kids couldn’t go a few days without seeing kody.    Dont you think his other kids wanted time with him when they were younger ?   And getting shut down by Janelles sons?  That’s what happens when you come into a conversation that was not your with a know it all attitude   

• Like 6
  • Love 6

To analyze Robyn's comment that he doesn't spend more time with her, someone should hack his phone and track his whereabouts. He takes it everywhere, especially to the other wives' homes. Virtually every scene of him spending time with Christine's kids, he is staring at his phone. Physically present, but not mentally there.

• Like 5
  • Love 10

Robyn and Kody are such losers. They think the non-R kids are cliquey ? Ok, whatever.....

Ysabel should have just left for NC without telling Kody. He wouldn't have noticed because he literally does not care at all. Poor pathetic Christine,  giving him all these options to fly or drive to NC when we all know, he's not going anywhere. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 4
  • Love 5

I guess "Robyn's kids" get on Kody's nerves, too. He has to go hide in the garage or better yet the closet to get some peace. Wow, he's a real piece of work. I still can't figure out why a stay at home mom that has three kids that are practically adults and self sufficient needs a nanny when only the other 2 of the kids are young. They are not babies, they are young. Producers, please please ask her this question. I can only surmise that Kody does nothing to help raise these kids. Not even Robyn's perfect little angels. 

The only reason Robyn keeps defending him and acting like a united front is because she has nowhere to go. Stuck with five kids and no income? Nope. She's staying put until she figures out how to get out from under Kody's regime. The three wives will stay put until the show is officially cancelled and there is no more steady TLC money coming in. Until then, they will hang in for the check. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 6
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, invisiblegirl12 said:

did anyone else get a little side-eyed when Christine mentioned how much Caleb has wanted Ysabel to move in with them? Is this possibly a sneaky way of creating a polygamous household without actually coming out and saying it? And maybe even Maddie and Ysabel aren't aware of it, but from the outside looking in, it sure would appear like Caleb's got two young wives in one household... 🤔 

I'd be lying if I said I didn't. Caleb is just down right giddy at Ysabel moving in with them. And, oh yeah, I guess Maddie is excited too.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Did the way Kody was sitting bother anyone else? He's so performative. Slouched in a comfy chair like he thinks its cool, when in reality its stupid and disrespectful.

Yes!  As though he was in the student lounge at the dorm, shooting the shit with his bros on a Sunday afternoon.  That's about his maturity level, if even, so it's not too surprising.  And Christine's perched straight as an arrow at full attention.  A visual that represents their relationship.  She gives (or gave) it her all, and he barely shows up to call it in.  

• Like 11
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I guess "Robyn's kids" get on Kody's nerves, too. He has to go hide in the garage or better yet the closet to get some peace. Wow, he's a real piece of work. I still can't figure out why a stay at home mom that has three kids that are practically adults and self sufficient needs a nanny when only the other 2 of the kids are young. They are not babies, they are young. Producers, please please ask her this question. I can only surmise that Kody does nothing to help raise these kids. Not even Robyn's perfect little angels. 

The only reason Robyn keeps defending him and acting like a united front is because she has nowhere to go. Stuck with five kids and no income? Nope. She's staying put until she figures out how to get out from under Kody's regime. The three wives will stay put until the show is officially cancelled and there is no more steady TLC money coming in. Until then, they will hang in for the check. 

Robyn said she has a nanny because she thinks its "unfair to ask Kody to help because he has so much to do and so many kids". Of course this doesn't answer why she can't handle caring for her kids by herself. Like you said - 3 adults and two kids ages 10 and 5. Unless she is ill or disabled in someway, it makes no sense at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, invisiblegirl12 said:

did anyone else get a little side-eyed when Christine mentioned how much Caleb has wanted Ysabel to move in with them? Is this possibly a sneaky way of creating a polygamous household without actually coming out and saying it? And maybe even Maddie and Ysabel aren't aware of it, but from the outside looking in, it sure would appear like Caleb's got two young wives in one household... 🤔 

I’m right there, when I heard Christine talking about that I was like

giphy.gif

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Robyn said she has a nanny because she thinks its "unfair to ask Kody to help because he has so much to do and so many kids". Of course this doesn't answer why she can't handle caring for her kids by herself. Like you said - 3 adults and two kids ages 10 and 5. Unless she is ill or disabled in someway, it makes no sense at all.

Kody came right out and said he would rather pay someone $20 a hour than have to "babysit" his own kids himself. He has also said in the past that his relationship with his kids has always been through their mothers. He didn't even seem to realize that Ysabel had applied to a school in North Carolina or what the name of it was. I was glad to see he least acted happy for her and was supportive, but he is obviously a lazy father who expects his childrens' mothers to do all the work in keeping up a relationship with the kids. 

If Kody wants to fix his relationships with his kids, he needs to work hard on developing relationships with them separate from their mothers. But I doubt he will do that. 

And what was up with the aerial shot of Kody standing on the big mound of dirt on Coyote Pass?? Was that supposed to make him look troubled or something? And what is he digging? Is he building the houses himself? It was so weird. 

Also, Meri is a sad afterthought on this season. And even though I know she's a bitch, it says something about the other wives that they've so easily and completely abandoned her when they know Leon doesn't even live nearby.  

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Caleb and Maddie are 3/4 of the way across the country from her family and I believe, from his.  They have two small children, with at least one with survival needs. He works and Maddie goes to college. A live  in babysitter related to Maddie is probably a miracle to him.  His family was not into polygamy.  His sister was married to Kody’s brother Curtis who did not believe in polygamy and was estranged from his and Kody’s dad as a result. 

• Like 12
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4

If there was an award given for gaslighting, Kody and Robyn would tie for the win.  They are rewriting history that has been captured on film for years.  They are both so smug and self righteous, yet outright lying!  I pray that karma is going to come for them and we will all get to witness it.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Shelbie said:

I found it hard to listen to Robyn because her eyebrows are so distracting. Even half listening I still heard all her lies and justifications that none of this is her fault. In her head she is the perfect polygamous wife and is enraged that all the kids and other wives refuse to recognize it.

Yes!  I could not hear anything she said...THOSE eyebrows...dear LORD.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6

As usual, I spent most of the episode yelling at kody. He is so ridiculous to blame Janelle and Christine for not following his COVID rules (As opposed to the CDC). He didn't want to spend time at their homes because he'd rather stay at Robyns. I also yelled at Robyn for explaining she needed a nanny because she couldn't ask "busy, busy Kody". He even said he "doesn't babysit". Where was Christine's nanny while she babysat all the kids while Janelle and meri worked. Finally, the gaslighting is beyond manipulative. He could easily pass for an abusive husband, the way he twists the facts to always make the wife feel like a loser. When he doesn't want to explain anything, he simply leaves and goes to another wife. I want a day of reckoning where the three wives sit him down and list every shitty behaviour he's shown them. Then I want them to leave (Robyn can keep him)

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

I’ve been around for this show from day one and there has been a lot of horrible things that have been said and transpired, HOWEVER, hashing out this stuff now over the minor kids and personal marital issues is really DISTURBING to me.  I’ve practiced family law for many years and no child care professional or judge would approve of such.  It is standard for the parents to be ordered to NOT discuss marital problems or the other parent’s faults in the presence or earshot of the kids.  To air it all on tv is just disgusting.  I realize they need the money, but this is just too extreme, even for me and I like juicy details and salacious reality tv.  I really can’t see it getting better. I can’t envision any way this public release will not harm the minor kids.  It’s heartbreaking really.  

Obviously, Kody has something wrong with him.  I’m not kidding….I think there is something very off and I now don’t believe it’s caused by Robin.  I wonder if he’s had a physical exam.   

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Caleb and Maddie are 3/4 of the way across the country from her family and I believe, from his.  They have two small children, with at least one with survival needs. He works and Maddie goes to college. A live  in babysitter related to Maddie is probably a miracle to him.  His family was not into polygamy.  His sister was married to Kody’s brother Curtis who did not believe in polygamy and was estranged from his and Kody’s dad as a result. 

Why do you say Caleb's family is not into polygamy? I understood he was raised polygamous, and Maddie's had a crush on him since the families hung together.

16 minutes ago, Chalby said:

Why do you say Caleb's family is not into polygamy? I understood he was raised polygamous, and Maddie's had a crush on him since the families hung together.

No they were not raised polygamous.   I’m linking to Caleb’s moms obit.  They were raised Church of Christ.  Caleb’s sister was married to Kody’s brother  so yes Caleb and Maddie knew each other. 

https://www.wyodaily.com/story/2016/03/09/obituaries/diana-brush/1678.html?m=true

Aspen’s husband was raised in a polygamous family. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

I thought it was genius of Christine to graciously invite Kody to help Ysabel move in. That way, he can't complain that she is keeping him from Ysabel, she shows she can be civil, and she gave him several good options that got around his COVID fears.

Deliciously brilliant, because now the ball is in his court and he can't  blame Christine or anyone else for not accommodating his ass.

And if he had even the slightest desire to win Christine back and persuade her to give it one more chance, what better opportunity than several days together, away from the others, to show her that he wants to make it work.  But his facial reaction said it all: I won't even consider it because you matter little to me.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 9