Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E02: Is There a Favorite Wife?

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

On 9/20/2022 at 3:22 PM, islandgal140 said:

Janelle (and her boys) has gotten mad disrespectful and rude to Kody and I am loving it. 

But Janelle should have refused to move to Flagstaff until Gabe finished his senior year in LV HS as captain of his wrestling team, which also would have made him eligible for college scholarships.  Or at least let Gabe say back and live with one of his friends (this was not uncommon when I was in HS and a classmate's family was in the process of moving for much better jobs).  I think this is when Gabe's break with Kootie happened and it made me wonder if Kootie didn't want his son to top his own achievement as a HS wrestler. Janelle & Kootie moved to Flag to keep the fambly together, then Kootie just kept on ignoring them.  Janelle didn't mind but she should have put her kids first since her daily existence would have been the same whether she moved or stayed.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, camom said:

Kody likes little kids, but once they have opinions of their own he can’t stand them. If I was Robyn I’d watch out because he’s probably going to be looking for a younger fertile wife pretty soon. 

I also wonder if when the little kids are old enough to have their own name on the check from TLC instead of Kody's, if THAT has anything to do with it?! That very much coincides with your first statement.

• Useful 3
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

But Janelle should have refused to move to Flagstaff until Gabe finished his senior year in LV HS as captain of his wrestling team, which also would have made him eligible for college scholarships.  Or at least let Gabe say back and live with one of his friends (this was not uncommon when I was in HS and a classmate's family was in the process of moving for much better jobs).  I think this is when Gabe's break with Kootie happened and it made me wonder if Kootie didn't want his son to top his own achievement as a HS wrestler. Janelle & Kootie moved to Flag to keep the fambly together, then Kootie just kept on ignoring them.  Janelle didn't mind but she should have put her kids first since her daily existence would have been the same whether she moved or stayed.

THIS. I felt terrible for the kids in school, especially those established in sports. Knowing what we know now, moving to Flagstaff did nothing but make everything worse. The family fell apart even more.

I’d hate Kody too if I were Gabe, especially given how things have played out. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

I quit watching the show for a few seasons around the catfish time, so I didn’t see the move to Flagstaff.  My thoughts are that it was probably as disruptive to the kids as the move to Las Vegas.  Poor Hunter and Maggie were so distraught then.  Logan was probably close in age then to Gabe at this move.  I get the feeling that the children have moved many times in their childhood. I did it in my childhood and it makes it hard to learn how to be friends or to develop enjoyment in group hobbies and social activities.  
I think Janelle and Christine just gave up trying to convince Kody that his kids were important.  It’s sad that they never  stood up for their kids until now. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 6

Families move all the time for jobs, military commitments,  extended family reasons, etc. What galls me the most is the move to Flag wasn't for any important reason other than Robyn wanting to helicopter mom Dayun and Kody bowing to her demands. Janelle should have said "I'll meet you after Gabe's senior year." Both Kody and Janelle are to blame.

• Like 11
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

Families move all the time for jobs, military commitments,  extended family reasons, etc. What galls me the most is the move to Flag wasn't for any important reason other than Robyn wanting to helicopter mom Dayun and Kody bowing to her demands. Janelle should have said "I'll meet you after Gabe's senior year." Both Kody and Janelle are to blame.

It also would have been handy, since none of the houses had been sold when they left, to have someone who could keep an eye on the other 3 houses, make sure the repairs got done, etc..  And Savannah could have stayed with mom or gone with the family, whichever she preferred.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
19 hours ago, deirdra said:

It also would have been handy, since none of the houses had been sold when they left, to have someone who could keep an eye on the other 3 houses, make sure the repairs got done, etc..  And Savannah could have stayed with mom or gone with the family, whichever she preferred.

And wasn't Janelle the real estate agent? And didn't Meri stay in LV for a bit longer than everyone else?

• Love 2
On 9/20/2022 at 10:07 PM, suev3333 said:

Does kodouche really expect her to sit there in an empty loveless marriage just for the sake of the kids? 

Especially considering when one of her kids had back surgery, he couldn’t be bothered, using the excuse of COVID for not going.  Christine is to give up everything; Kody gives up nothing, only when it suits him.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And wasn't Janelle the real estate agent? And didn't Meri stay in LV for a bit longer than everyone else?

Janelle was the agent for awhile but she couldn’t sell the houses. They ended up going to a top realtor who finally sold them. Christine’s house sat on the market for almost a year if memory serves. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 9/22/2022 at 9:26 AM, deirdra said:

This!

plus what was the big hurry?? (I know the hurry was for Dayton to start school) but on the show the HURRY was explained as financially beneficial and the sooner they got the Coyote Pass property the sooner they could start building the “Kodouche Compound” yet here we are years later and they still haven’t brought in utilities or broken ground on anything!!

So far all he’s done is swim in the poop pond in his underpants and beat his chest while ROARING like King Kong!

E4628385-C61F-4F06-8F03-580D59062776.jpeg

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

Loving this season. Kody's befuddlement (never get to use that word) over his relationship with Christine is gold. And Robyn's lies are growing bolder.

So proud of Christine for recognizing the benefits of Ysabel moving away. Perhaps that wisdom was gotten from watching Robyn's children and their lack of independence leaving the nest. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, sheshark said:

So sad, heartbreaking yet truthful when Christine said Kody never even shared time with Truely when they were married but is demanding shared custody now.  He is vile.

He didn’t want them when they were there but all of a sudden, they matter? He is (IMO) a controlling, emotionally abusive, evil asshole. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
On 9/21/2022 at 9:57 AM, Yeah No said:

Yeah but wasn't that before the TV show?  She doesn't want to look like a loser on national TV.  Plus she's gotten more complacent and sedentary as she's gotten older.  It becomes harder to be up to handling the stress of making such a big change.  She doesn't have the ego strength to do it like Christine does.  At least not until she wakes up.

I think one thing we kind of forget here is that not everyone's needs are the same. Janelle comes off as being a bit lazy and complacent; but let's remember that she worked and provided a lot of monetary support for the family in the early years, she birthed 6 kids who all, for the most part, are responsible and productive adults, and if she seems to be "settling" at this point, I can't necessarily blame her. She seems to put her kids first, and although she admits she isn't super touchy-feely or emotional, I can see it bothers her that Kody is stooping to a childish level when dealing w G&G and clearly is being unkind to them. As for her needing more- perhaps, but also there are many people who are more introverted, who are content to sit and read and cook, and spend their free time with their children. There are also plenty of people who don't need a lot of direct, one-on-one spouse time and care very little about sex. She strikes me as that type.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 9/21/2022 at 4:51 PM, waterytart said:

Have any of you gone back and watched this series from the beginning? I'm kind of tempted to do it just to see it with the perspective we have now but I don't know if I can take that much Robyn and Kody.

I have. What a huge change. In the beginning they all wore modest clothing, were soft-spoken and respectful, and heaven knows they didn't swear. Kody has become a scowling, angry, volatile and bitter man. In season 1 they welcomed a (much less worn-down looking) Robyn with open arms. The cracks started to appear a couple of seasons in.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, KateHearts said:

There are also plenty of people who don't need a lot of direct, one-on-one spouse time and care very little about sex. She strikes me as that type.

I also suspect that fantasizing about having sex with young, ponytailed, handsome Kody is a lot more satisfying than the real thing nowadays. He has the attention span of a gnat and is always running off to somewhere else.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I have. What a huge change. In the beginning they all wore modest clothing, were soft-spoken and respectful, and heaven knows they didn't swear. Kody has become a scowling, angry, volatile and bitter man. In season 1 they welcomed a (much less worn-down looking) Robyn with open arms. The cracks started to appear a couple of seasons in.

Yep....kodouche used to be all smiles and looked halfway decent in the first seasons.... now he looks like an ugly, unhappy mean guy with a perpetual scowl on his face.  He's downright scary.   Way to put a positive light on living the carefree, god loving polygamy lifestyle there, kods!   Sign me up for that!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 9/19/2022 at 2:30 PM, mythoughtis said:

He works and Maddie goes to college. 

I bet that's news to Kody!  When Christine mentioned that Ysabel was going to Pitt in NC, he gave no recognition whatsoever that that's also where Maddie goes.

• Like 3

So when Robyn said the others wives are just not tracking them , does she have an air tracker thing on him or something ??  Cause you can’t track what isn’t there.   Does she really want the wives to come at her with calendars marked when he was there ???

• Like 8

Maybe he tells Robyn he's off to see one of the other 3 wives (as unbelieveble as that is, I know) but in truth he goes to his secret wives #4 and #5 and their kids. 😄

ETA: As unbelievable as THAT is lol

Edited by Elodia
  • Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 9/28/2022 at 7:04 PM, dariafan said:

So when Robyn said the others wives are just not tracking them , does she have an air tracker thing on him or something ??  Cause you can’t track what isn’t there.   Does she really want the wives to come at her with calendars marked when he was there ???

My best guess from Robyn using the word "tracking" is that she literally keeps in touch with Kody on his phone constantly to know where he is etc.  Based on Meri saying he is never with her, and Janelle and Christine both saying he doesn't come by until dinner or 6pm (and never announces his intentions beforehand) ...Kody is off on his own doing...whatever. He tells Robyn maybe "at Janelle's tonight" and so Robyn can just assume he is there...when he doesn't show up until dinner. Robyn tracks his every move...so she is assuming that the others wives MUST be doing the same. When in reality, the OG wives know that they are to live their lives independently and accept what ever Kody decides to toss their way.

Random sightings of Kody in Flagstaff mostly have him on his own or out with Robyn.  One person awhile ago posted a rare sighting of Kody and Janelle having a one on one dinner out.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Robyn probably meant she has the Nanny sew Apple AirTags into Kody’s underpants to see where he is.  Unbeknownst to Robyn Kody’s underpants are somewhere in the muddy drainage ditch at Coyote Pass, which gives him time sneak off and do what really matters to him…

349a903e3a160d335d050318242f9fac.jpg

• Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10
6 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Random sightings of Kody in Flagstaff mostly have him on his own or out with Robyn.  One person awhile ago posted a rare sighting of Kody and Janelle having a one on one dinner out.

and that dinner out w/Robyn was in Sedona, 50 minutes away. Probably Robyn's idea so they would not to run into any relatives in Flagstaff. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, deirdra said:

and that dinner out w/Robyn was in Sedona, 50 minutes away. Probably Robyn's idea so they would not to run into any relatives in Flagstaff. 

Exactly plus we’ve seen Kody out with Robyn dancing at a club and out at the mall shopping at Victoria’s Secret…. She’s a sly one… she HAS to shop at Victoria’s Secret for her undies… she knows how to keep Kody sniffing around like a horndog. 🙄

• LOL 4

FWIW, the highs in Flagstaff, AZ in April 2021 were 40s (2 days) to 70s with the vast majority of days in the 60s.

Yes, it does drop in the 30s at night, but if Kody stops by after school it would be 60s--warm enough to chat outside.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
27 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

FWIW, the highs in Flagstaff, AZ in April 2021 were 40s (2 days) to 70s with the vast majority of days in the 60s..

In northern Michigan we start wearing shorts as soon as it hits 40. What a snowflake he is.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Kootie was wearing a jacket or heavy fleece in his Zoom call with Robyn. She wasn't. Perhaps she is menopausal and has the heat turned down so he's cold inside and out. Or he should get his thyroid checked.

• Useful 1

Wow what wusses!  it has been in the low 60's here for over a week. and 40's at night. I'm wearing sweats and a sweat shirt and feeling fine. I'm 73 well past menopause, I guess we acclimate to our environment differently... I put on the fleece when it gets into the -0 temps which it does every winter...

Edited by Gramto6
typo
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Wow what wusses!  it has been in the low 60's here for over a week. and 40's at night. I'm wearing sweats and a sweat shirt and feeling fine. I'm 73 well past menopause, I guess we acclimate to our environment differently... I put on the fleece when it gets into the -0 temps which it does every winter...

I have to wear snow pants when it drops below 50 for outdoor activities. My legs hate being cold and stop working when they are. I love the cold, as long as I got my snow pants on. My Uggs are already out this fall for cold mornings, even indoors  

Below 0 and it’s a full-on snowsuit. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1