Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: The Crystal Conundrum

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, BlueHawk said:

So Sutton's had her store for 50 years?? The sign said "since 1971" ! How old is she? I mean if that's the case she looks much better than I've thought she does...

Yeah, Sutton's 50 (or 51 depending on her birthday). I'm assuming her store caters to ladies of a certain age.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yeah, Sutton's 50 (or 51 depending on her birthday). I'm assuming her store caters to ladies of a certain age.

Haha based on those outfits tonight it caters to those who want to look like complete idiots! 😂

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
(edited)

Dorit: The only place I feel safe is my home. (Note: The place where she was held at gunpoint.)

Also Dorit: Every time my kids open the door to my bedroom (in her own home) I feel panic.

Most people who experience a home invasion robbery describe themselves as not feeling safe in their own homes. Even in the case of theft (when the person isn't present during the burglary), like Kyle, people often feel unsafe in their own homes. I know we aren't supposed to question someone's reaction to trauma but the more I hear and see from Dorit the less I believe it actually happened. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, Emmeline said:

My sister died earlier this year after fighting carcinoid cancer for years.  She wanted to die in her home.  We had in home hospice care.  However, they didn’t even come daily and really only took charge of getting her morphine.  The family had to stay day and night, it got rough the last week.  She only lasted about 2 weeks once hospice started.

I took care of my mom when she was in hospice.  Had multiple short visits each week (nurse, someone to bathe her), but mostly it was just me at home with her. 

it was good of Kyle to take care of her mom at the end.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I think the name of the store is a play with her age. Sutton, Since 1971. The store opened in September 2019. 

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
(edited)
35 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

But if she established her store in '71 and she herself is now 50/51 wouldn't we have seen articles like "Infant Fashion Impresario Brings Couture Diapers to Beverly Hills Boutique"? That sign just set my mind to wondering ...

(just saw your post Zettak! In light of Suttons oddity and eccentricity I can buy she might think folks would get the joke. But I'd think only those who knew her personally would & even then maybe not 🤔. Somehow I don't think its been a Sunday picnic to be Sutton...)

Edited by BlueHawk
Addition.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That dress was fugly, that French designer should be asked to leave the country.  That dress reminds me of the Celene Dion backwards white tuxedo she wore to the Oscars.

My mother was very sensitive to the dyes or chemicals from clothing, if we were in the middle of the racks at the Hecht Company her eyes would start to burn, itch and water...she would refer to that chemical as "sizing," I know it is something to do with the fabric but that is all so maybe Diana has that issue too? 

Is Diana our new "Willian?" I barely knew she was in this episode.  

How funny was it that Dorit thought Sutton was so selfish for having press at her event saying how insensitive Sutton was for doing that...um, Dorit this event is not about you. Nobody was calling Dorit  over to speak to the press or have photos taken. 

As far as Kyle and someone taking photos, my guess it was paparazzi.

The same fights going around and around but Crystal is keeping everyone guessing why she is so upset, they keep landing on her feelings being validated but nope, thats not it, they land on her friendship with Sutton nope, guess again.  I don't think she knows why she is pissed.

Dorit was getting zapped by the therapist when she would think or talk about her feelings from the night of the break in? Did she steal that from a pair of vibrating panties?

The bolded had me cracking up.  THE most self-absorbed phony whining about Sutton being self-absorbed.  Who knew that being the victim of a crime instantly crowns one as royalty and grants said new royal full veto powers regarding the details of all future events?

I’ve had enough of these dumb hoes for a bit.  I’ve tried to watch twice and I can’t do it.  There is ZERO reality to this “reality show”.  Producer-driven drivel and shitty acting by a gaggle of assholes just isn’t fun right now.  

It’s impossible to be excited about each next installment of “how hard will they yank our chain this week to paint the latest bullshit narrative?”   I’ve never felt like any of the housewives shows have been such a complete waste of time, it’s actually kind of sad.

Edited by CallmeCray
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9

I watched a few minutes of this hagfest and man, is it me or do Kyle, Rinna, and Erika look like shit this season? Aging badly. Is it petty and wrong of me to feel 🙃  about that? They're such heinous heifers. They should rename this show The Real Heifers of Hollyweird.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I watched a few minutes of this hagfest and man, is it me or do Kyle, Rinna, and Erika look like shit this season? Aging badly. Is it petty and wrong of me to feel 🙃  about that? They're such heinous heifers. They should rename this show The Real Heifers of Hollyweird.

I originally hopped on here to ask just that - I'm convinced that production has had enough of these bitches and their way of giving them the finger is by showing us the true, non-filtered appearance of each of them.  So maybe I was wrong, and at least SOMETHING about this season is "real"?!  Nah, they're all nipped and tucked and sucked and full of fillers and Botox.  (Oh, my!)

In all seriousness, though, every one of them looks to me like they've aged several years since last season.  I notice it more during each new episode. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

How dare Sutton have press and promotion at her event?! Doesn't she care about what Dorit's been through?

Look, Dorit has obviously been through a traumatic experience. But if she can't handle being in environments where she can't control what's going on, she needs to stay at home. And climb down from the cross. 

I like your avatar, KenyaJ.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/1/2022 at 8:57 PM, FlyingEgret said:

I dont recall...did Kyle not have press at her store's grand opening? If so, no wonder her businesses fail...

And she also has a laughable fashion sense.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Wink 1
  • Love 3

Let’s all play the word game. 

There is a difference between using words sincerely and have them come from a genuine place, versus weaponizing those words just to "get" someone and just be a general asshole about it all.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, CallmeCray said:

I originally hopped on here to ask just that - I'm convinced that production has had enough of these bitches and their way of giving them the finger is by showing us the true, non-filtered appearance of each of them.  So maybe I was wrong, and at least SOMETHING about this season is "real"?!  Nah, they're all nipped and tucked and sucked and full of fillers and Botox.  (Oh, my!)

In all seriousness, though, every one of them looks to me like they've aged several years since last season.  I notice it more during each new episode. 

Rinna’s skin without dipping her several times in foundation. Oof.

Justice.

Erika tried to disguise her appearance with those huge rose-lens sunglasses, indoors, but we can still see she’s no natural beauty.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, pinky33 said:

PK and Dorit scene was super weird.

PK suggesting she get away for a few days…umm, isn’t that what she’s been doing every single episode since the break in?

PK and Dorit wanting to watch Squid Games… one of the most violent and disturbing shows. So weirdly inappropriate. 

Why does Dorit have her shoes on her (white) couch? I was cringing. 

Dorit with her freshly done nails doesn’t seem to come across as someone with crippling anxiety…not saying she’s not experiencing anxiety. But it doesn’t seem crippling.

so many more thoughts, but I’ll leave it at that for now.  

My thoughts? [But then, again, I’m that kinda person]. I go all the way back to that scene in Seinfeld when Elaine tells Jerry she faked her orgasms with him when they were having sex.

”Fake.” “Fake.” “Fake.”

Everything about this so-called robbery screams fake/insurance fraud. It’s total garbage that she didn’t set the alarm because of her kids or whatever. Alarms have ‘Home’ and ‘Away’ settings.

I call shenanigans. Dorito is looking to win an acting Emmy.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

There is a difference between using words sincerely and have them come from a genuine place, versus weaponizing those words just to "get" someone and just be a general asshole about it all.

Being genuine is not an excuse to be reckless. The context and weight of one’s words can negatively impact other people. I believe racists are genuine, does that mean they get to use racists language? If Crystal has agency to choose words that others take offense to, why don’t they have agency to say they are offended? Crystal can express herself in whatever way she wants, but she can’t then police how others feel about the words she chooses. I would personally feel mortified if someone accused me of violating them. I liken a word that charged to assault, usually sexual. That might not be what Crystal meant, but words have societal connotations. I would have every right to vehemently defend myself against this characterization. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, laprin said:

Being genuine is not an excuse to be reckless. The context and weight of one’s words can negatively impact other people. I believe racists are genuine, does that mean they get to use racists language? If Crystal has agency to choose words that others take offense to, why don’t they have agency to say they are offended? Crystal can express herself in whatever way she wants, but she can’t then police how others feel about the words she chooses. I would personally feel mortified if someone accused me of violating them. I liken a word that charged to assault, usually sexual. That might not be what Crystal meant, but words have societal connotations. I would have every right to vehemently defend myself against this characterization. 

Exactly. Words really are more than ’just’ words, as we are hard-wired as humans to react to language emotionally. Crystal can analyse a word, like ‘dark’ by how many letters and syllables it has but that’s being deliberately obtuse about the effect words have. Intention matters too. Some people just blurt out without much thought, but others intentionally and deliberately use words to hurt or manipulate. I think the focus should be on intention rather than specific words, which can spill over to being pedantic about word choice instead of focusing on the real issue at hand. Although, some people prefer that an argument/disagreement/conflict remains on the pedantic focus of word choice in order to avoid the real issue.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12

So Crystal never said what the dark comment was? I was trying to stay awake but when I saw the last scene was Dorit and her pretend therapy, (not to be confused with pretend amnesia)I gave up and went to sleep. The more I watch of Dorit, the less I believe. If I’m wrong, forgive me. Some things need to be private. 

• Love 6

Being genuine is not an excuse to be reckless. The context and weight of one’s words can negatively impact other people. I believe racists are genuine, does that mean they get to use racists language? If Crystal has agency to choose words that others take offense to, why don’t they have agency to say they are offended? 

Racists are using words to purposely offend people. Crystal isn't using her words to purposely offend people. There is a big difference.

Crystal can express herself in whatever way she wants, but she can’t then police how others feel about the words she chooses.

That isn't what she is doing.

I would personally feel mortified if someone accused me of violating them. I liken a word that charged to assault, usually sexual. That might not be what Crystal meant, but words have societal connotations. I would have every right to vehemently defend myself against this characterization. 

Nobody is saying that isn't your right to defend yourself. But if your actions made that person feel that way in the moment, that is something to consider as well.

I think the focus should be on intention rather than specific words, which can spill over to being pedantic about word choice instead of focusing on the real issue at hand. Although, some people prefer that an argument/disagreement/conflict remains on the pedantic focus of word choice in order to avoid the real issue.

This.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Emmeline said:

My sister died earlier this year after fighting carcinoid cancer for years.  She wanted to die in her home.  We had in home hospice care.  However, they didn’t even come daily and really only took charge of getting her morphine.  The family had to stay day and night, it got rough the last week.  She only lasted about 2 weeks once hospice started.

I'm sorry for your loss.🙁

• Hugs 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, glowbug said:

Dorit: The only place I feel safe is my home. (Note: The place where she was held at gunpoint.)

Also Dorit: Every time my kids open the door to my bedroom (in her own home) I feel panic.

Most people who experience a home invasion robbery describe themselves as not feeling safe in their own homes. Even in the case of theft (when the person isn't present during the burglary), like Kyle, people often feel unsafe in their own homes. I know we aren't supposed to question someone's reaction to trauma but the more I hear and see from Dorit the less I believe it actually happened. 

About 10 years ago my neighbor (we’re in townhomes and share a wall) shot his wife and then himself.  The wife survived and stumbled outside before collapsing in the driveway.  There was blood everywhere.  This wasn’t even MY trauma but I was freaked enough to pack a bag, grab my dog and go stay with my parents for a week.

Dorit has said that she is afraid to leave her home - the scene of the crime - and that seems very odd to me.  And yes, people do process trauma differently but why did she not at least want to get herself AND HER KIDS out of that house for at least a night or so?

• Hugs 1
  • Love 19
6 hours ago, BlueHawk said:

But if she established her store in '71 and she herself is now 50/51 wouldn't we have seen articles like "Infant Fashion Impresario Brings Couture Diapers to Beverly Hills Boutique"? That sign just set my mind to wondering ...

(just saw your post Zettak! In light of Suttons oddity and eccentricity I can buy she might think folks would get the joke. But I'd think only those who knew her personally would & even then maybe not 🤔. Somehow I don't think its been a Sunday picnic to be Sutton...)

I think the since '71 is that Sutton the person was established in '71. 

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

And yes, people do process trauma differently but why did she not at least want to get herself AND HER KIDS out of that house for at least a night or so?

I would think going some place like Disney would be good, total distraction from real life and she could focus on the kids having fun.  Even going to a swanky hotel at the beach with the kids would be a good decompression...and of course leaving a security detail at the house while they are gone.  

Also if she was able to get one of her stolen items back or buy a replacement may help with closure.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

And the bully is Andy Cohen, who says that Erika is his ratings cow, and everybody better worship!

What are you talking about?

381b707d62c0e80a8cfa67d98ddbb118--the-cosby-show-gordon.jpg

During her 1st season, every time I heard the name "Garcelle" I immediately thought of Gordon Gartrell. Yep, I have a brain cell permanently devoted to that. Thanks, Mr. Cosby.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
12 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Sutton is wearing that dress backwards. 
I’ll never understand how Diana can have allergies but gets chemicals injected into her face and boob implants. 

I think Diana uses the "allergies" as an excuse to not go into stores and just have her shopping done in the comfort of her home. A service that is easy to get used to . I must say after 2 years of having all my shopping done by delivery or curbside pickup, I am spoiled and avoid going into stores unless I really have to.  Online shopping and home delivery is my best friend lol.  Unfortunately mine is just groceries and household products,  no designer clothing 😉

Garcelle was herself stirring the pot. 

Kyle was so drunk during the Crystal and Sutton conversation last season , she can't remember anything.  However the film crew was there and I'm assuming caught the whole conversation.  Sutton must have said something questionable, because she really dosen't want to talk about it lol.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I think Diana uses the "allergies" as an excuse to not go into stores and just have her shopping done in the comfort of her home. A service that is easy to get used to . I must say after 2 years of having all my shopping done by delivery or curbside pickup, I am spoiled and avoid going into stores unless I really have to.  Online shopping and home delivery is my best friend lol.  Unfortunately mine is just groceries and household products,  no designer clothing 😉

Garcelle was herself stirring the pot. 

Kyle was so drunk during the Crystal and Sutton conversation last season , she can't remember anything.  However the film crew was there and I'm assuming caught the whole conversation.  Sutton must have said something questionable, because she really dosen't want to talk about it lol.

Why aren’t the producers showing us the footage?

• Like 2
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, MMEButterfly said:

I think the since '71 is that Sutton the person was established in '71. 

That's exactly what I thought. I'm trying to figure out where I can add "established 1973". I don't have a clothing store, maybe I'll end my emails and text that way.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Right? This all could be cleared up.  Sutton and Crystal don't want to say anything Kyle can't remember, no matter what she says. Bravo knows and will let this go on all season.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4

In an extremely natural seeming, very organic, "completely unaware of the cameras" chat, PK tells Dorit, who only feels safe in her home, except her bedroom, when the door opens, that the very thing she needs to fix her up is a girls trip, which she just returned from, and didn't work because she's still so anxious that she needs a girls trip.

Not even trying anymore!  Feels like contempt for their audience. Yes, I said contempt! 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13

Why didn’t Crystal just lock the hotel door if she knew she was getting naked? That’s what I do.  This silly SL is being dredged up again. 

Do the camera crew get to eat all those plates of untouched food? Hope so.

Considering Sutton and Diana are supposed to be obscenely rich, their outfits are horrendous.  Diane kept fiddling with her black monstrosity, and those weird luminous green boots.

Sutton is a brick on toothpicks. Not her fault.  We don’t get to choose body shape.   But she dresses to emphasize figure faults. That red backwards thing did her no favours.  And don’t wear bright red lipstick if you have thin lips. It’s like a knife slash across the face.  And her hair looked dirty too.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

That dress, that was couture? I saw a show about couturiers once, and the main takeaway for me was the absolute perfection of the sewing. With Sutton's dress, the hem looked kinda wonky, like it wasn't very well sewn. I'm side eyeing the whole thing.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I'm genuinely unclear why Garcelle brought it (meaning the whole "are you that girl?" conversation) up when ostensibly she asked Crystal to come over to explain why she felt triggered the night before. Crystal wasn't even talking about that conversation with Sutton, she was talking about her feeling violated when Sutton barged into her room.

They all saw the footage from last season, they all saw how the conversation among Sutton, Kyle, and Crystal went down. I can understand Garcelle wanting to defend her friend Sutton after the fact but why bring it up there, in an environment that Garcelle knows isn't one that is conducive to a constructive conversation? Garcelle and Kyle had their conversation about what happened between them one-on-one and it was constructive. Garcelle had to know this wasn't going to be.

I wonder if Garcelle isn't a little threatened by Sutton and Garcelle's growing friendship? This incident and her saying, "watch your back with your new friend" would lend credence to that theory but I'll have to see how the rest of the season goes.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

There is a trail you freaking Moron….. it’s documented when they get the money. Stop this 

Ericka thinks everybody is as stupid as she is !

14 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

First Crystal isn't allowed to say she felt like she was violated, now she's not allowed to say she didn't feel like she was in a safe space? Hi guys, maybe listen to what she's saying. 

Also Garcelle is stirring the pot as much as Kyle is in this conversation. 

I declare Garcelle is like a dog with a bone. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Grew up in the Bosnian ghetto, but too rich to shop in stores. Hmmmmm I smell BS. 

No not really bullshit, she lives the way most very rich people live, certain things they don't have to do. Designers cater to them. 

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, laprin said:

If Crystal has agency to choose words that others take offense to, why don’t they have agency to say they are offended? Crystal can express herself in whatever way she wants, but she can’t then police how others feel about the words she chooses. I would personally feel mortified if someone accused me of violating them. I liken a word that charged to assault, usually sexual. That might not be what Crystal meant, but words have societal connotations. I would have every right to vehemently defend myself against this characterization. 

None of the RHOBH women are actually offended at the words that Crystal are using.  They are policing her language as a way to manipulate only.  They do it to confuse her, to argue with her, to undermine her.  That's it.

Crystal did not say "You violated me."  Crystal said "I felt violated".  The women pretending she did the former is manipulation, pure and simple.  These are all known argumentative tactics to put the other person off balance.

What's crazy is, all of this works so well.  People actually believe Crystal said "You violated me" and people actually believe Crystal brought up the commentary regarding Sutton that night.  The women all manipulate extremely easily.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10

Crystal is trying to step it up this season so that she gets screen time.  That's all this is about.

Erika is soooo gross, just awful.  Who would date her????  Marilyn Monroe was sensual, Erika is NOT, nor sexy.  

I use to like Kyle, now she's full of herself.

Love Garcelle.

As I mentioned before, Dorit has a gleam in her eyes every time she talks about the burglary. Ick.

• Like 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Why do the producers have a known criminal on the show?  Why pretend that the producers are some kind of moral deities who are here to set everything straight?  They're only here to do things like provide the footage of Dorit's "robbery" that Dorit told them to.  And how do we even know what Sutton said was on camera?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Why didn’t Crystal just lock the hotel door if she knew she was getting naked? That’s what I do.  This silly SL is being dredged up again. 

Do the camera crew get to eat all those plates of untouched food? Hope so.

Considering Sutton and Diana are supposed to be obscenely rich, their outfits are horrendous.  Diane kept fiddling with her black monstrosity, and those weird luminous green boots.

Sutton is a brick on toothpicks. Not her fault.  We don’t get to choose body shape.   But she dresses to emphasize figure faults. That red backwards thing did her no favours.  And don’t wear bright red lipstick if you have thin lips. It’s like a knife slash across the face.  And her hair looked dirty too.

Omg! All that food for Sutton and Diana. I hope the crew get to have some. 

Cut to Kyle and the rest with a plate of cheese cubes( I think it was that cheese ?) and raw eggs in a pan lol. 

• LOL 5
(edited)

My favorite part of this episode?

Watching Kyle's heavily-Botoxed forehead attempt to wrinkle during her coeur-à-coeur limo conversation with Dorit.

Second most favorite part:  Sutton's sly aside, Who are you really asking about? and then the quick cut to Erica.

I think the producers have made a mistake by mixing Housewives who have brain cells (Crystal, Sutton, Garcelle) with Housewives who do not have brain cells (Kyle, Dorit, Rinna et al).  This only leads to attempts to enforce sensible boundaries—as when Crystal attempts to refuse to discuss the the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad thing that Sutton said—or expositions on the etymological significance of words like "dark".

Edited by Maximona
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 10
15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

There is a trail you freaking Moron….. it’s documented when they get the money. Stop this 

Of course none of them would dare say this to her. Makes me sick. Were the editors told to go easy on Erika this season? Because maybe they did respond but it was cut out. It's the only logical reason I can think of for the ass kissing of Erika Jane this season. 

Crystal is still boring AF. Nobody cares about her stupid issue with Sutton that she won't dare to repeat to anybody because even she knows it's bullshit. I'm bored with it. 

C'mon BH we need more. Sutton must be over the apology tour she is made to follow this season. Bored with that, too. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Of course none of them would dare say this to her. Makes me sick. Were the editors told to go easy on Erika this season? Because maybe they did respond but it was cut out. It's the only logical reason I can think of for the ass kissing of Erika Jane this season. 

Crystal is still boring AF. Nobody cares about her stupid issue with Sutton that she won't dare to repeat to anybody because even she knows it's bullshit. I'm bored with it. 

C'mon BH we need more. Sutton must be over the apology tour she is made to follow this season. Bored with that, too. 

the fact that those lawyers would VET each of the clients before they take them on and that somehow escaped Erika or (her lawyers) grasp is really funny to me.. she is acting like ANYONE that has no connection to the money owed is jumping on this and that just isn't true 

• Applause 3
  • Love 11

I think if Sutton had said something "dark", then we would have heard about it at the time, last season, when Crystal really didn't like Sutton.

The impression I got was that Crystal was feeling backed into a corner and felt she was going to end up in the same place she did last season, so she threw out "it was dark" to get people to back off.  The refusing to reveal what it was only adds to my impression. 

So I don't think Garcelle was stirring the pot, I think it's just as likely that she suspects Crystal is playing a game. (Evidence for this is her remarks about Crystal's "Are you that girl".)  Garcelle's more of a direct person that the rest of them and being direct is how she handles things.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 14
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Jel said:

I think if Sutton had said something "dark", then we would have heard about it at the time, last season, when Crystal really didn't like Sutton.

The impression I got was that Crystal was feeling backed into a corner and felt she was going to end up in the same place she did last season, so she threw out "it was dark" to get people to back off.  The refusing to reveal what it was only adds to my impression. 

So I don't think Garcelle was stirring the pot, I think it's just as likely that she suspects Crystal is playing a game. (Evidence for this is her remarks about Crystal's "Are you that girl".)  Garcelle's more of a direct person that the rest of them and being direct is how she handles things.

Garcelle was the one who brought it up in the first place. Garcelle was the one who essentially backed Crystal into the corner. Garcelle may be direct (I mean, I will say that I think she is) but that doesn't excuse her from stirring the pot. She absolutely was responsible for setting this whole thing in motion and was IMO pot-stirring.

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 8
(edited)

Crystal just learned that Garcelle has no use for her. I can't tell if Garcelle is stirring the pot on behalf of production, threatened by Sutton getting closer to Crystal, or helping the Fux Force go after Crystal to take the heat off Sutton. Garcelle doesn't like when the women talk about Sutton behind her back, yet she chose a moment Sutton wasn't around to rehash the original source of the Sutton/Crystal feud. Crystal knew she was about to be policed again on her words, and sure enough, Garcelle went after her minutes later.

I think Crystal's biggest problem is that she's not quite as articulate as she thinks she is. I was completely on her side regarding her use of "violated" but "dark" is more nebulous since we don't know the comment that was said. I don't think Crystal meant to say that exactly, but Garcelle had just called her a schemer so I think she was just trying to defend her comment to Sutton based on how the conversation last year was going (which if I recall was Kyle and Crystal having a discussion about race which Sutton inserted herself into by trying to shut down in its entirety. I wouldn't at all be surprised if that scene had been heavily edited considering how jarring it was when Sutton started ranting about "we don't talk about this, this is not who I am"). Interestingly, Sutton kind of seemed to me like she immediately knew what Crystal was alluding to, once Kyle and Garcelle tag teamed to get a reaction.

While they seem to have an alliance in driving a wedge between the new friendship, Kyle and Garcelle appear to have two very different motives -- Garcelle seemed to want to take down Crystal, while Kyle wanted Sutton to make a scene and sabotage her own party. I love how frustrated Kyle got when Sutton deprived her of the meltdown she wanted. Unfortunately the preview looks like the plan might start to work in Mexico.

I'm now more than 50% convinced the home invasion was either staged or wildly exaggerated. Door-it is now milking this, and gets very put out whenever someone does anything that doesn't put Door-it first. "She's got a lot of nerve saying 'trigger' and 'safe space'." "How dare she have media present without running it by me first."

Edited by dmeets
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

My memory of Crystal last season is that she was pretty much a nothing after the first couple of episodes. She kept inching closer to the "cool girls" group and I think she wanted to part of that group.  The producers most likely told her prior to this season you had better shake things up if you want to remain relevant this season. So she saw an opening to drop that comment about something dark being said to her and then sits back and watches and hopes she gets some mileage out of this.  

So far for this season I predict we will see more of Dorit's traumatic experience, more of Crystal and the group revisting violate gate and next up Lisa in mourning and crying for the rest of the season. I hope I am wrong but what we will not see is Erika being held accountable for her horrible behavior and total lack of remorse for the victims of Tom Giardi's greed and thievery. 

And where is Kathy Hilton?? She was such a big part of last season. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, dmeets said:

Crystal just learned that Garcelle has no use for her. I can't tell if Garcelle is stirring the pot on behalf of production, threatened by Sutton getting closer to Crystal, or helping the Fux Force go after Crystal to take the heat off Sutton. Garcelle doesn't like when the women talk about Sutton behind her back, yet she chose a moment Sutton wasn't around to rehash the original source of the Sutton/Crystal feud. Crystal knew she was about to be policed again on her words, and sure enough, Garcelle went after her minutes later.

While they seem to have an alliance in driving a wedge between the new friendship, Kyle and Garcelle appear to have two very different motives -- Garcelle seemed to want to take down Crystal, while Kyle wanted Sutton to make a scene and sabotage her own party. I love how frustrated Kyle got when Sutton deprived her of the meltdown she wanted. Unfortunately the preview looks like the plan might start to work in Mexico.

I'm now more than 50% convinced the home invasion was either staged or wildly exaggerated. Door-it is now milking this and gets very put out whenever someone does anything that doesn't put Door-it first. "She's got a lot of nerve saying 'trigger' and 'safe space'." "How dare she have media without running it by me first."

I about had whiplash.  They are piling on Sutton the Kyle and Dorit are defending her voraciously.  Garcelle is going at Crystal.  I feel like Garcelle is trying to get Crystal to step up out of the shadows.  I think she was firmly Team Crystal until Crystal went after Sutton and that changed things.

Crystal was fine in the shadows last year but she does need to step it up.  I think that Garcelle is auditioning to take back the LVP crown from Kyle who has not worn it well and nudge RHOBH to make some cast changes.

Honestly I was even happy as is without Rinna and Ericka - it was perfectly fine.  I am excited for the new friend Sherree to join.

• Love 9