Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: One on One (Part 3)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Pooky said:

Sister Wives star Christine Brown's son Paedon, 23, tells all on 'weird' relationship with dad Kody's top wife Robyn https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/4737869/sister-wives-christine-brown-son-paedon-robyn-feud?utm_source=native_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp

So that article says that Mindy Jessop is the nanny?….is that the same woman who lived with Robyn in Vegas?

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

So that article says that Mindy Jessop is the nanny?….is that the same woman who lived with Robyn in Vegas?

Yes! The one that was meant to be staying in Vegas. 

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yo Mindy. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Get! Lol.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

And even if she makes more money than Kody, since she has physical custody of Truely, Kody pays child support.

And that seems fair--you have to pay your underage childrens' expenses.  That is the cost of procreating.

Actually no, not in most states.  It is largely formula-driven.  The formula of course gives more weight to the person who has custody, but if there is a large enough income disparity, the person with the smaller income will not have to pay anything.  Nor should they.  Imagine a very wealthy man getting custody of the kids in a divorce and then the minimum wage mom has to pay child support?  That would not make any sense.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Some states have a minimum of around $5 a child per month so that child support is awarded both with the feeling that every parent should pay something and that the award may be adjusted if circumstances change.  

• Useful 4
9 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

“I should have a 7 bedroom house even though I’ve only had one child because I wanted 8. Why should I be punished bc that didn’t happen”

ah, but see...now we realize that this is a financial decision for the wives.  The houses are in their names so in that light no reason Meri should have had less.  In fact, it would have been a dumb move.  

• Love 10
14 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Robyn is full of anger and I don't think it is an act. Punching  the chair with her fist like she did reminds me of when they all met to go over her Covid rules and she stabbed her chair over and over with a pen. If I could ask her one question it woud have been something like this.  Robyn you are living in a $900,000 home,

That is it right there. She is mad that Christine got away with money and is  now happy and on  her own, while Robyn has that overpriced house, that she did not want Kody to buy.  They are in serious debt.   Christine was smart to buy, not rent and to sell more than she paid and not have the other wives on the deed. Kody signed it over to her for a few dollars I believe. Christine makes a good living with her outside ventures.  Robyn does Zero and is going to miss Christine's financial help

• Love 14

I'm rooting for Sister Wives to get cancelled and Christine to take up the baton with "Sister Wife:  Married to Myself."

Kody, Robyn, Janelle & Meri can all be on the show ... but in very minor "friend of" position.   Where they get a nominal amount of say, $50K for the entire season to be split between them.  With no other real prospects, it wouldn't be enough for them to turn down ... and give Christine a couple hundred thou for her and her alone for the whole season.  

It can be all about Christine, her happiness and zest for her new life.  

We can pop in from time to time to see how miserable Kody and his motley crew are.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

ah, but see...now we realize that this is a financial decision for the wives.  The houses are in their names so in that light no reason Meri should have had less.  In fact, it would have been a dumb move.  

This is a really interesting point I've never thought of before, and it makes complete sense. Meri was not being needlessly selfish, she was needfully selfish knowing that Kody could not be counted on to look out for her financially in the long run so she should prepare to have to look out for herself.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

Getting in the way of his goals!?!?!? What would those be? Being a godly man, demonstrating Christlike leadership of his family through love, kindness, self sacrifice? There are mass murderers with more compassion than this angry, little man. It’s like polygamy is his only religious principle and he’s failing at that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, EssieMay said:

Getting in the way of his goals!?!?!? What would those be? Being a godly man, demonstrating Christlike leadership of his family through love, kindness, self sacrifice? There are mass murderers with more compassion than this angry, little man. It’s like polygamy is his only religious principle and he’s failing at that. 

The goal to live with  Robyn and her kids in his own little world?? What a tosser he is

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

obyn has that overpriced house, that she did not want Kody to buy.  They are in serious debt. 

Except that the Flagstaff RE market is on fire and their 900K house is likely worth at least 1.3M now. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Except that the Flagstaff RE market is on fire and their 900K house is likely worth at least 1.3M now. 

So they stand to profit from the house..roughly $400,000. Its not that much when you consider her specifications for her 5 dependent children. Neither have income source besides TLC. Unless BigDaddy is an arms dealer. J/K Y MAYBE. Dayton and Aurora are still at NAU. I'm positive if Aurora had gotten a scholarship, there would have been a mention of it. Maybe a quiet televised partay. Robyn has 3 more kids to get through college. Home schooling costs $. They still don't have a habitat on "The Property". 

ROBYN HATES MOVING!!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Robyn and her fake devastation make me want to puke. And her constant contradictions. In one of the previous TA episodes, she acts angry and says something like, I don’t want to know about my sisterwives’ marriages. Then on this one, she’s all in Christine’s business and making declarations about how they didn’t try. Meanwhile, the next scene is Janelle talking about how hard they tried for years. Who the hell does Robyn think she is? Just butt out and stop pretending you care. If you did, you could have helped, but you didn’t!

And I call BS on Kody claiming that he’s “grieving” ::channeling Darcy Silva:: LIAR!!!

Edited by Teri313
Typo
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

that is true, but if they sell and move, whatever they buy will be inflated too.  Since Covid, construction prices are also up  It will be ridiculous trying to build on Coyote Pass.    Janelle and Christine have the advantage that a lot of their older kids are established in their own homes. They can always go live with them,   Robyn has 5 kids and a nanny to support. lol

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
18 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Robyn is full of anger and I don't think it is an act. Punching  the chair with her fist like she did reminds me of when they all met to go over her Covid rules and she stabbed her chair over and over with a pen. If I could ask her one question it woud have been something like this.  Robyn you are living in a $900,000 home, the best of the wives houses, you have a nanny and you have all of Kody's attention on you and your children and you haven't had to work for almost the entire time that you have been married to Kody. So where is the anger coming from? Maybe she is angry with Kody or maybe she is mad that Meri and Janelle haven't left. I don't think she is happy and it shows in her actions and her appearance. 

Robyn is a terrible actress. I think her anger is supposed to come off as being upset over Christine leaving. Unfortunately, we can see right through her act, even when she's crying her crocodile tears. She's desperate for us to believe that she is upset over Christine leaving, but we all know better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Pooky said:

Sister Wives star Christine Brown's son Paedon, 23, tells all on 'weird' relationship with dad Kody's top wife Robyn https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/4737869/sister-wives-christine-brown-son-paedon-robyn-feud?utm_source=native_share&utm_medium=sharebar_native&utm_campaign=sharebaramp

I'm quoting Paedon here: "I saw my dad doing things with them (Robyn's kids) that he didn't do with me".

Of course, I already knew Kodouche only cares about Robyn's kids, but how sad is that?? 

• Love 3

Actually no, not in most states.  It is largely formula-driven.  The formula of course gives more weight to the person who has custody, but if there is a large enough income disparity, the person with the smaller income will not have to pay anything.

I wonder if Christine agreed to give up child support so she could take Truely to Utah. She likely would have needed Kody's permission to move out of state with their child. 

So Janelle says Christine and Kody tried everything to save their marriage, and Robyn claims no one tried at all. They need to get their story straight. I'm guessing the truth is somewhere in the middle.

And Robyn's "big picture" was screwed the minute she walked in the door of the Lehi house. Christine hated her on sight, Janelle had her own issues that we don't even know because she won't 'fess up to anything, and the Christine/Janelle kids want nothing to do with Robyn at all. And nobody wants Meri. The "big picture" is a delusional fantasy that Robyn needs to get over. Robyn even said she "always wanted a relationship with Christine", which implies that there wasn't a relationship to begin with. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I wonder if Christine agreed to give up child support so she could take Truely to Utah. She likely would have needed Kody's permission to move out of state with their child. 

I’m still of the opinion there was no child support discussion. I also can’t picture Kody objecting to the move. 

• Love 17

While I cannot fathom why Meri stays in this relationship when the only ones who seem to care are Janelle and Robyn's 2 youngest children, there is a big difference between Christine's ability to leave the family and Meri's. Christine has 6 children who love and care about her. She has a granddaughter whom she adores. Meri has one daughter who doens't seem to give her the time of day. Mariah treated her mother without a speck of love or sympathy over her the years. Meri does not have the support of a loving family like Christine does.  Meri is not a strong woman. She is a dependent needy woman who has never recovered from the divorce and the loss of legal wife status.  She will not leave ever. 

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m still of the opinion there was no child support discussion. I also can’t picture Kody objecting to the move. 

Agree. Christine could have taken Truley to the moon and Kody wouldn't have cared. Just one less child for Kody to have to pretend to care about. 

• Love 24
7 hours ago, kicotan said:

Count me out of any spin-off’s.  I think having to listen to “Just Christine’s” voice for an entire show would be absolute torture.  

Ditto.  She has absolutely nothing to offer in the way of entertainment.  I can watch my single, divorced neighbor and see the same stuff - managing kids, working at some low wage job (not that she'll work, she never has), looking for the next hubby.

I wager that her so-called cooking show tanks pretty quickly.  She's no Martha Stewart or Ina Garten.  Maybe the Mormom moms will love her made-with-food-stamps high calorie crap.  I'll pass on the fish stick tacos, faux tapioca pudding, and tater tot casseroles.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

While I cannot fathom why Meri stays in this relationship when the only ones who seem to care are Janelle and Robyn's 2 youngest children, there is a big difference between Christine's ability to leave the family and Meri's. Christine has 6 children who love and care about her. She has a granddaughter whom she adores. Meri has one daughter who doens't seem to give her the time of day. Mariah treated her mother without a speck of love or sympathy over her the years. Meri does not have the support of a loving family like Christine does.  Meri is not a strong woman. She is a dependent needy woman who has never recovered from the divorce and the loss of legal wife status.  She will not leave ever. 

This x 1000. She hides behind her business and tries to make herself *appear* strong. 

• Love 11

I think Kody was both dumbfounded and incensed that the interviewer was more interested in Christine than in him.
He still believes he is coming off well in how he presents himself and if he talks long enough the viewers will turn against his first 3 wives and applaud him.

Instead we have seen him expose himself as a petty and cold wannabe tyrant who has failed in every conceivable area.

• Love 23
7 hours ago, crimson23 said:

that is true, but if they sell and move, whatever they buy will be inflated too.  Since Covid, construction prices are also up  It will be ridiculous trying to build on Coyote Pass.    Janelle and Christine have the advantage that a lot of their older kids are established in their own homes. They can always go live with them,   Robyn has 5 kids and a nanny to support. lol

Exactly, if they sell, where will they go that is cheaper? According to Kody, the (Robyn's) kids love Flagstaff--Robyn has said in a past episode that she doesn't want to move again and that she will make sure Kody puts down "roots" when they moved to Arizona. 

I think that if there were no Robyn in the picture, or if she had agreed to move to Utah, they would have.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Christine has 6 children who love and care about her. She has a granddaughter whom she adores. Meri has one daughter who doens't seem to give her the time of day. Mariah treated her mother without a speck of love or sympathy over her the years. Meri does not have the support of a loving family like Christine does. 

I think we can also throw Christine’s mother and aunt in with the supportive family that she has to help her through her transition to single life.  And we used to say that Christine would be the only one who would be really hosed if this family ever broke up because she had no work experience, savings or pension/social security funds.  Now she is looking like the SW who has the most going on for herself and who knew?  She actually does have some skills and work ethic and GUMPTION!  I’m glad to see it all and wish her happiness in her future.  

I did pick up on something though, during the tell nothing that peaked my interest . . . she said it was her father who finally convinced her that she should take up for herself and say NO sometimes . . . Doesn’t sound like something an AUB Royal would say to his girl child, does it?  Hmmmmmm, I’m more than a little interested to know more bout her father and how he felt about Kootie.  Don’t the AUB men usually stick together and herd the women in the same subservient direction?

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • Useful 3
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Lol Meri is at the bottom of their relationship MLM!

Kody is the top of the pyramid, reaping the most perks and benefits. He's trying to browbeat his downstream into doing more more more so he can shine brighter.

Robyn is just below him, so also has many benefits. She also gets to share his perks with him. She does complain that the ones below her aren't doing enough..

Janelle is the middle area of the pyramid. She really only has one below her, and isn't getting very many perks or benefits but has decided it's ok because she doesn't really want to put that much work into it.

Christine was the bottom rung and worked her butt off, but had no one below her, so all of the perks and benefits passed upward, and left her with not much. She finally decided it's not for her and has offloaded her MLM stock to Goodwill! Haha

Meri used to be below Kody, but screwed it up and got pushed out. She's trying hard to work her way back into Kody's down line. He's not having it, but still sends her mixed messages that if she's a good little worker, he'll consider bringing her back into the pyramid.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Stock not stick autocorrect!
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, crimson23 said:

Excellent point, plus I believe they got extra loans for around $300K total (at a couple of different times). When you factor in closing costs and taxes it's probably a loss even at 1.3M. They'd have to move to a cheaper town someplace (if that exists). However I think they will sell the Crappy Pass at a profit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Ditto.  She has absolutely nothing to offer in the way of entertainment.  I can watch my single, divorced neighbor and see the same stuff - managing kids, working at some low wage job (not that she'll work, she never has), looking for the next hubby.

I wager that her so-called cooking show tanks pretty quickly.  She's no Martha Stewart or Ina Garten.  Maybe the Mormom moms will love her made-with-food-stamps high calorie crap.  I'll pass on the fish stick tacos, faux tapioca pudding, and tater tot casseroles.

Christine actually comes off as relatively likeable in her Facebook Lives and other social media. She sounds natural and relaxed. I remember watching Kate Gosselin try to branch out and it was just painful. Christine definitely has a likeability factor. She's not really that far off from Ree Drummond, whose popularity also seems to be stem entirely from her "Gee-Shucks" everyday woman friendly personality. Christine just might make it work. She seems so at peace during the Tell All. Do we know when the Tell All was filmed? Was it recently or a year ago?

I wish the adult kids were part of the Tell All. I would have liked to hear their take on things.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, sharkerbaby said:

Wow, I read Janelle's take on Christine leaving waaay different than most of you.  Keeping in mind at this point, she is staying in the polygamist family so can't really go all righteous indignation on Kody and Robyn.  I came out thinking she was quite supportive of Christine, she repeatedly and definitely stated that Christine tried (included Kody in that statement but I won't hold that against her because - see previous), she was reflective that Christine did what was best for her, indicated that she's keeping in touch with Christine and hinted they have hung out together since the split, and even went so far as to say how can she be mad at Christine or her actions when she is so much happier now.  I'm curious, with the understanding that she's staying put, what should she have said or done differently?

Oh, and as far as not taking sides, she really can't take sides, nor should she, once again, see previous. She's still in the polygamist family and she's still friends with Christine so she's navigating choppy waters.

I do see it your way, but mostly saw it as her straddling the fence, as per usual. She always measures her words carefully and stays noncommittal. I believe it's so she won't piss Kody off, but also because she's practiced at hiding her true feelings. Her real feelings have slipped out here and there over the years, but a lot of the time you can see her actually biting her lip so she won't call someone out. It must be really difficult to walk that tightrope. I couldn't do it.

I believe it may be a lost cause though, because Kody was still pissed at her for not choosing him over her sons, and now she has publicly (mildly) supported Christine's choice to leave. She will be the new basement wife and all of her previous self-sacrifice (cheaper homes, no demands on Kody, going with the flow, keeping her thoughts to herself) won't prevent it.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Excellent point, plus I believe they got extra loans for around $300K total (at a couple of different times). When you factor in closing costs and taxes it's probably a loss even at 1.3M. They'd have to move to a cheaper town someplace (if that exists). However I think they will sell the Crappy Pass at a profit. 

Agree.  At some point after the show they will have to move out of Flagstaff.  By the time Ari heads off to college, Kody will be 65.  

Yes they will have to find a much cheaper location to live in and a much smaller house.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Christine actually comes off as relatively likeable in her Facebook Lives and other social media. She sounds natural and relaxed. I remember watching Kate Gosselin try to branch out and it was just painful. Christine definitely has a likeability factor. She's not really that far off from Ree Drummond, whose popularity also seems to be stem entirely from her "Gee-Shucks" everyday woman friendly personality. Christine just might make it work. She seems so at peace during the Tell All. Do we know when the Tell All was filmed? Was it recently or a year ago?

I wish the adult kids were part of the Tell All. I would have liked to hear their take on things.

I believe a Redditor zoomed in on one of the signs that TV uses for starting action, and it was a November 2021 date.  So, not too long ago, 3 months or so.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Pooky said:

The goal to live with  Robyn and her kids in his own little world?? What a tosser he is

I had to consult the Urban Dictionary to look up tosser.  Great word!  I also like wanker.

I learn useful words on this forum, for sure!  Either of those words are so apt for the jack wagon that is Kootie.   

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Robyn has every right to be angry, petulant, displeased and sullen.

I mean, who wouldn't be?

She is the one stuck with Kody, right. Like. All. The. Time. 
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Yeah, yeah.....that's what she wanted and that's what she got . But I guess she was hoping a few hours a week he wouldn't be up her ass.

They are so deserving of each other. 

If I were Robyn, I would also be fake crying and hitting the couch at the fucked up life I had. 

• LOL 17
12 hours ago, crimson23 said:

As someone who is currently building, I can vouch for this. Getting a better profit when selling doesn't translate to more money in your pockets to spend. Housing in general is crazy right now.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
On 2/21/2022 at 5:24 AM, chuckity said:

I hope Kody takes a new wife to replace Christine.

And she's younger, hotter and has a massive Victoria's Secret collection.

A Margene of sorts.  HA!  Big Love reference.  

I think what they are REALLY mad about is the 1st wife to leave gets attention and sympathy that they won't ever get.  No one likes Robyn or Kody, Meri is pathetic and Janelle is a sloth taking what is given.  Christine is THE superstar now.  It isn't lost on them.  

Funniest part of the episode for me?  Mr. Natalie showing me his Janelle walk and then his Meri's walk.  I have not laughed that hard in a long time.  Gotta say, he has it down!

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Christine walked away from this season a winner. She was calm, cool, collected. She spoke honestly, openly, and you could see how happy she was out of that insane asylum.

Janelle is a prisoner to her obesity. I don't think she thinks she can ever meet a man who will want her so she's given up on a better life, and stays for the hell of it. She is living a separate life anyway, I just can't imagine how her children haven't convinced her to leave by now.

Meri is pathetic. She is weak, scared, and is living a hellish life to remain tethered to the TLC money train, IMO. She uses the show to bolster her 'creer' as a B&B owner and a schmata seller.

Robyn is gross. She is manipulative and a crap liar. She tries to fake tear her way through interviews where it's so fucking obvious she isn't crying. I want to slap her silly. I wanted the interviewer to ask her, Robyn, you look upset but there aren't any actual tears there, what's that about? Robyn's head would have exploded.

K'Douche is a miserable excuse of a human being and has spent his life preying on women who had self esteem issues. Now two of them don't give a rat's ass about him and one has actually left, one is hanging around despite him despising her, and one is probably just someone to fuck when he feels like it. He says he now hates polygamy, it's not worth the hassle and gets in the way of his life goals, yet he's pissed off that none of said wives listens to him as the KING anymore. What a fucking loser tool.

• Love 22
22 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

And even if she makes more money than Kody, since she has physical custody of Truely, Kody pays child support.

And that seems fair--you have to pay your underage childrens' expenses.  That is the cost of procreating.

Yes and boy was that a long time coming!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

I wanted the interviewer to ask her, Robyn, you look upset but there aren't any actual tears there, what's that about? Robyn's head would have exploded.

She could add "Do you have a condition known as dry eyes? You seem to be crying but there are no tears. Maybe you should seek medical attention for this." 

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I had to consult the Urban Dictionary to look up tosser.  Great word!  I also like wanker.

I learn useful words on this forum, for sure!  Either of those words are so apt for the jack wagon that is Kootie.   

Lol. Its widely used in NZ where I am from 😁😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 4