Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: One on One (Part 3)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Caseysgirl said:

If you have no relationship other than anger & resentment with your husband & your supposed “sister wives” don’t have your back, what’s the point of staying?

Exactly.

Not friends with no benefits.

Guh-bye!

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, CriticalMass said:

Suki? Really, Kody? Thought the disdain was evident when he called her a “former journalist”, but intentionally calling her the wrong name? It is obviously because how dare anyone question him, expecting him to defend himself. He really loathes strong women. What a misogynistic jackwagon. 

Actually I do think her nickname is Suki, according to her Facebook page anyway. I'm hoping she introduced herself as such instead of just assuming he could call her that.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Actually I do think her nickname is Suki, according to her Facebook page anyway. I'm hoping she introduced herself as such instead of just assuming he could call her that.

Oh, thanks, didn’t know that. I always assume the worst from him and figured he was showing how little he respected her.

I love that TLC agrees with many of us that the show has become all about Christine. The episode was pretty much all Christine after Kody announced he was done talking about her. Thank you editors.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

It should have been, but they're currently filming (or were very recently) which I believe means there's probably two more seasons: the rest of 2021 already in the can and 2022 so who knows.

I'm really angry at Kody trying to control what questions he's asked in the tell all. He's getting paid for putting his life out for our consumption and needs to suck it up and answer the darn questions even if he's uncomfortable or afraid of looking bad  (spoiler: he always looks bad)

His trying to intimidate Suki was bull! I would have taken his head off if he did that to me. He must have stormed off the set, too, because he apologized when they were reattaching his mic. TLC needs to show us that kind of petulance as well. (See Kody, I used petulance correctly)

He's also a liar and contradicts himself constantly. 

Interesting how they manage to keep this show going!  We had a couple seasons of Meri and Sam.  Then a couple of seasons of the big move.

This is Christine's season!

What will they come up with next?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I also wanted more detail on why Kody treated Ysabel so poorly. Not going with her to surgery and being such an asshole about it and how that added to Christine's decision to leave. We know it did. Even if nobody wants to admit it. 

I’m so mad they didn’t go into this more. They could have made time for it by cutting the flashbacks and Robyn’s non-tears. 

• Love 21
16 minutes ago, chuckity said:

I hope Kody takes a new wife to replace Christine.

And she's younger, hotter and has a massive Victoria's Secret collection.

Maybe this one won't wear knickers at all. A new wife wouldn't be approved by Robyn and remember the rules, they all have to agree. Except Christine, her opinion didn't count. 

The rules are only enforced when it suits it appears.

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I’m so mad they didn’t go into this more. They could have made time for it by cutting the flashbacks and Robyn’s non-tears. 

Seriously - I would love to know how much air time was spent on Robyn's fake crying or trying to summon tears - it had to be a few minutes. If I could stand to watch her again I would time it.  Robyn did not really add much content or insight to any part. I felt like Part 2 had the most amount of time wasted on Robyn's non-answer, non-tears and nonsense. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 17

I agree that Janelle was supportive of Christine’s decision - within the limits she feels able to as a wife herself.  She acknowledged that they had tried for years.  She also quietly acknowledged that she  still has an ongoing friendship with Christine.  She didn’t actually say that but commenting that Christine is happier now implies that she sees her enough to be able to tell she is happy. 
Meanwhile Robyn thinks Christine is going to bring home a brother husband to add to the family.  Say what, now?   I don’t see a monogamous male wanting to deal with Kody and the sister wives- other than respecting Janelle as a friend and all the kids as important to Christine.

There were a lot of topics that did not get discussed here.  I wonder if there is enough footage for three more hours.  The interviewer went back years  on Christine’s story.  Did she go back years in things like their frequent moves, bankruptcies?  Did she ask what  the plans were for their golden years?  Did she ask how often Kody sees his grandchildren? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 14
51 minutes ago, Pooky said:

The rules are only enforced when it suits it appears

And the rules change to suit every situation.  Apparently their god is of the TLC variety and whispers plot lines in Kootie's ear.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

Christine should have gone to Victoria's Secret more, and then she might still be having sex with Cody like Robyn does. Robyn came to the marriage with V S bills, so she must have bought things there to please her first husband too? What a faker she is. Needs slapping good!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Meri would get out if she met someone else. Guaranteed. 

I agree.  It's pathetic that this person who identifies herself as a "Strong Woman" would require another person to be there for her before she has the guts to leave.

By contrast, there is Christine with 3 kids still dependent and most likely less income flow than Meri bravely skipping alone, while Meri is waiting to play hopscotch.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, CriticalMass said:

I love that TLC agrees with many of us that the show has become all about Christine. The episode was pretty much all Christine after Kody announced he was done talking about her. Thank you editors.

Kootie walked off because he didn't like Suki's questions, so they had to fill the time with Christine because Robyn, Janelle & Meri just kept repeating vague statements that we've heard many times before. Though I would have liked to have heard each of them to respond to the re-airing of Kootie telling Christine he did not want an intimate marriage with her.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Meri would get out if she met someone else. Guaranteed. 

Absolutely. There is nobody out there that wants Meri so she stays for the Sister Wives paychecks.   Plus it probably helps with sales of Lulu junk clothing to be on a tv show.

We see you Meri and it’s not a pretty look  

Way down low!!!

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Meowwww said:

And the f’in douchenozzle says his own family….kids, wives, get in the way of his goals. 

What are his goals?  All we've seen are to have at least 3 wives to get his own planet, have as many children as possible to show his high-school classmates that he is a manly man, accumulate expensive goods so outsiders think he is financially successful. He's driven most of his kids away, so he won't have them all moving "home" with the grandkids to a town that they have never thought of as home.

• Love 21

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻Christine. She is the only one who was happy in this 3 part saga. Says a lot doesn’t it. Good for her. I wish her well. 

Meri is pathetic. But I have zero sympathy for her, except that she lost her mom. Other than that she has been a selfish bitch throughout all the seasons of this show. The wet bar. “I should have a 7 bedroom house even though I’ve only had one child because I wanted 8. Why should I be punished bc that didn’t happen”  Buying the bed and breakfast which was solely for her. I could go on. She stays for that tlc paycheck, and bc she has nowhere else to go. She’ll always be miserable.

Janelle will stay bc she has her own house, her kids, and she could care less abt having a physical relationship with Cody. Can you blame her?

How dare that pos Kody say he doesn’t believe or want or however he put it, polygamy. You fathered how many kids you pos. And now you’re done? As has been said here many times, he only cares abt the kids when they’re young enough to worship him and not question his bs. Not going with Christine and Ysabel for the surgery was unforgivable. And trying to kick Garret and Gabe out of Janelle’s house like some lost boys.  He’s disgusting. He and Sobyn deserve each other. They’re both horrible excuses for human beings. 

• Love 23
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Wrong, Kody. You are not going to control the narrative. We WILL talk about Christine! 

I'm beginning to wonder if there is not something mentally wrong with Meri and Janelle to want to stay in this marriage. Well, we know that Meri lives her own life off camera away from the family so there's really only Janelle. 

Do Robyn and Kody talk about anything that is going on with the family or are they just in their own little world?

When Kody said he never even bothered to ask Christine about the "rumors" of her being so unhappy, wanting to leave and hating polygamy told us all we needed to know about this jerk. He's been hearing about it for years,  but never asked!  No communication. No conversation. And yes, you lying peice of crap, you DID tell Christine that there would  be no intimacy in the marriage, you said it on CAMERA!  

I wonder if these truth bombs have changed Robyns interpretation of what she thinks about Kody. 

I also wanted more detail on why Kody treated Ysabel so poorly. Not going with her to surgery and being such an asshole about it and how that added to Christine's decision to leave. We know it did. Even if nobody wants to admit it. 

None of this will change Robyn’s thoughts about Kody because she believes she’s special and he’d never do to her what he’s done to the other wives. Like Dr. Phil says, though, “if they’ll do it with you, they’ll do it to you.”

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Robyn is full of anger and I don't think it is an act. Punching  the chair with her fist like she did reminds me of when they all met to go over her Covid rules and she stabbed her chair over and over with a pen

Yup, her body language spoke volumes. It kind of shocked me.when she was punching the chairs. You can bet there have been a lot of screaming and crying g sessions in that house.

• Love 20