Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: One on One (Part 3)

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, kicotan said:

I tried REALLY hard- even desperately looked between the couch cushions-but I couldn’t manage to come up with any fucks to give about these people. I even tried not watching this last one-on-one couch session but apparently Mr. kicotan really digs seeing my eyes roll and hearing me yell at the TV.

Count me out of any spin-off’s.  I think having to listen to “Just Christine’s” voice for an entire show would be absolute torture.  I might just opt out of any more upcoming seasons of this show altogether.  I’ve gone from curiosity regarding their unusual lifestyle based on religious zealotry to not wanting to waste my time watching a shitty soap opera, written poorly and acted even worse.

I totally agree. What started out as a really enjoyable show has become a train wreck. The way he treats his wives and kids is disgusting. Some of those scenes with Christine heartbroken and how he set her up over the moving to Utah scene, acting like he was on her side..  ugh and the hurt his kids suffered by him not being present.. I just cant anymore. By watching it keeps his paycheck rolling in and I don't want a part of that. I would sign a petition to get him off the air at this stage in time.

• Love 22
5 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

And we used to say that Christine would be the only one who would be really hosed if this family ever broke up because she had no work experience, savings or pension/social security funds.  Now she is looking like the SW who has the most going on for herself and who knew?  She actually does have some skills and work ethic and GUMPTION!  I’m glad to see it all and wish her happiness in her future.  

I'm glad, too. However, I've always thought that in a pinch, Christine could get a license to run a small daycare, or a job at an existing private daycare. It's well documented that she raised 13 children almost single-handedly. I had a neighbor with much, much less going for her than Christine in terms of work experience/family support (none). Single mom of a toddler. Through her church (Unitarian, not LDS lol), she met working moms who were happy to leave their young kids with her and her son during the day. She was a lovely person who unfortunately died way too young, and her  by then teenage son was adopted by a family from that church. The whole congregation mourned her passing.

• Sad 1
  • Love 11
20 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

So they stand to profit from the house..roughly $400,000. Its not that much when you consider her specifications for her 5 dependent children. Neither have income source besides TLC. Unless BigDaddy is an arms dealer. J/K Y MAYBE. Dayton and Aurora are still at NAU. I'm positive if Aurora had gotten a scholarship, there would have been a mention of it. Maybe a quiet televised partay. Robyn has 3 more kids to get through college. Home schooling costs $. They still don't have a habitat on "The Property". 

ROBYN HATES MOVING!!!!

Don't forget that Kody and Robyn have already taken out at least 2 substantial loans against the equity in the home, so...

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 2/21/2022 at 8:24 AM, chuckity said:

I hope Kody takes a new wife to replace Christine.

And she's younger, hotter and has a massive Victoria's Secret collection.

Yes!!!!!!!  And wants to give him as many kids as he wants. Once the Turd with a Perm (I don’t know who came up with this name but they are a genius) falls head over heels for her, she leaves him for Gabe and they live happily ever after on her portion of Coyote Pass, next door to the turd (no offense to turds). 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Don't forget that Kody and Robyn have already taken out at least 2 substantial loans against the equity in the home, so...

I didn't calculate that! Whew, looks like Goblyn's got some praying to do. They need lotsa pennies from heaven. 

• LOL 9
22 hours ago, kicotan said:

I tried REALLY hard- even desperately looked between the couch cushions-but I couldn’t manage to come up with any fucks to give about these people. 

Love that and will probably steal it some time!

16 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I wonder if Christine agreed to give up child support so she could take Truely to Utah. She likely would have needed Kody's permission to move out of state with their child. 

Not sure why she would need permission, since she was not legally married to him, and if rumors are true, then his name wasn't on the birth certificate so that she could qualify for food stamps.

14 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I wager that her so-called cooking show tanks pretty quickly.  She's no Martha Stewart or Ina Garten.  Maybe the Mormom moms will love her made-with-food-stamps high calorie crap.  I'll pass on the fish stick tacos, faux tapioca pudding, and tater tot casseroles.

I am genuinely confused as to why a cooking show is what TLC came up with for her.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 12
22 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I am genuinely confused as to why a cooking show is what TLC came up with for her.

I think the concept may be something the viewers may find a light-hearted and engaging way to prepare food that is budget minded rather than gourmet.  If she can minimize the dramatic vocal inflections, it could be an entertaining half hour or so.    I would think they probably have her slated for 5-10 episodes, after that it could become a bore.  I wish her well with this, it could be a stepping stone to restoring her self image.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Agree. Christine could have taken Truley to the moon and Kody wouldn't have cared. Just one less child for Kody to have to pretend to care about. 

Truley who?

15 hours ago, Cetacean said:

I wager that her so-called cooking show tanks pretty quickly.  She's no Martha Stewart or Ina Garten.  

She's not even on The Pioneer Women or Rachel Rae level. Honestly, she needs an offer for a Sisterwives: The Single Life show.

10 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Lol Meri is at the bottom of their relationship MLM!

Kody is the top of the pyramid, reaping the most perks and benefits. He's trying to browbeat his downstream into doing more more more so he can shine brighter.

Robyn is just below him, so also has many benefits. She also gets to share his perks with him. She does complain that the ones below her aren't doing enough..

Janelle is the middle area of the pyramid. She really only has one below her, and isn't getting very many perks or benefits but has decided it's ok because she doesn't really want to put that much work into it.

Christine was the bottom rung and worked her butt off, but had no one below her, so all of the perks and benefits passed upward, and left her with not much. She finally decided it's not for her and has offloaded her MLM stock to Goodwill! Haha

Meri used to be below Kody, but screwed it up and got pushed out. She's trying hard to work her way back into Kody's down line. He's not having it, but still sends her mixed messages that if she's a good little worker, he'll consider bringing her back into the pyramid.

Brilliant. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I think the concept may be something the viewers may find a light-hearted and engaging way to prepare food that is budget minded rather than gourmet.  If she can minimize the dramatic vocal inflections, it could be an entertaining half hour or so.    I would think they probably have her slated for 5-10 episodes, after that it could become a bore.  I wish her well with this, it could be a stepping stone to restoring her self image.

I can't wait to see what they do. How much of her true personality did she have to suppress for Kody's happy plig family brand, for Robyn's sensitivity? For censors? 

I'm sure it will be at least as good as Aunt Fee and Tavis!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Right, and these aren't exactly the usual 15 or 30 yr loans we are familiar with. They do these loans with crazy balloon payments due in a few years. isn't that why they had to get out of Vegas?

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I smell a bankruptcy coming up next season....

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I’m going out on a limb and guessing that Kody has not had sex with any “wife” but Robyn since she came into the picture. The entire shit show has been a scam pretending to be about religion based polygamy. Hell they haven’t even pretended to be religious in years. Granted I have not watched an entire show in years. I just come here for the snark and you all are the best!

• Love 22

*Shrugs* Maybe they gave Christine this cooking show so she could finish out her portion of the Sister Wives contract?  She's no longer one, so will she even be on the show?

Agree with everyone downthread, a cooking show seems an odd choice, unless she became a master chef while waiting on Kootie to come visit her in Flagstaff.  It's a puzzler.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

She’s been doing cooking lives for quite some time. I’m not saying they’re going to be great, but she is engaging. I read they will be every Sunday. I also saw a comment by Christine in a post about it say, it will be comfort foods to start.

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
57 minutes ago, Elodia said:

And then she can shill plexus to get rid of all that comford foods extra pounds. 😏🙄

At least she’s already lost a significant amount of weight, unlike Janelle who has no business shilling anything weight-loss related. It seems Christine can both cook and maintain her weight loss, so far anyways. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

At least she’s already lost a significant amount of weight

True, but Christine lost a lot of weight long before she began shilling plexus. Anyway, good for her! And yes, I totally agree about Janelle. This is absolutely ridiculous.

• Love 7
On 2/21/2022 at 6:35 AM, bichonblitz said:

Meri would get out if she met someone else. Guaranteed. 

Absolutely. There is nobody out there that wants Meri so she stays for the Sister Wives paychecks.   Plus it probably helps with sales of Lulu junk clothing to be on a tv show.

We see you Meri and it’s not a pretty look  

Way down low!!!

Now days there’s a pill for everything. Can you imagine the money one would make for a safe pill to lose weight!  Wow. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Luvless said:

I’m going out on a limb and guessing that Kody has not had sex with any “wife” but Robyn since she came into the picture. The entire shit show has been a scam pretending to be about religion based polygamy. Hell they haven’t even pretended to be religious in years. Granted I have not watched an entire show in years. I just come here for the snark and you all are the best!

So that begs the question again.  How can they do yet another season of a show about polygamy where there is no polygamy?  We ALL get it now.  The whole thing is a sham and probably has been for many years.  You can’t put the genie back in the bottle at this point.  The Tell Nothing cleared up most of our lingering questions.  There aren’t even any kids around anymore who might be doing something interesting.  I’ve heard people say that they absolutely should not do a spin off of Christine finding happiness in her single life because it would be boring and she can’t carry a show.  Okay, that is probably true, but will the other four be any more exciting?  So next season we get to maybe watch a bankruptcy, a birth that happened over a year ago and more Coyote Plague Pass nonsense?  How long can this dog circle the drain?

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

How can they do yet another season of a show about polygamy where there is no polygamy?

Good question.  The Adventure of SIsterwives as they peel off one by one? 

Frankly, Scarlet....

• LOL 9
  • Love 6

So that begs the question again.  How can they do yet another season of a show about polygamy where there is no polygamy? 

The same way they made a whole franchise called "Real Housewives" where not a single cast member actually does housework, and some of them aren't even "wives" anymore. People watch for the drama. They don't really care about the theme. The ratings will go up because people want to see Kody and Christine fight.

I finished watching the episode. I found it fascinating that Robyn described her current situation (a husband leaving all but one wife) as if that was someone else's situation that happens sometimes, but in no way describes the Brown family's current situation. 

• Love 18
5 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Agree with everyone downthread, a cooking show seems an odd choice, unless she became a master chef while waiting on Kootie to come visit her in Flagstaff.  It's a puzzler.

I remember from the first couple of seasons when she had all the kids to take care of every day. As mentioned above, she was making tater tot casseroles and frozen fish stick taco's. Viewers would comment on how disgusting and unhealthy her meals were. Money was tight back then and she had like 10 kids to care for so maybe that was the best she could do then. Apparently something changed to warrant her doing a cooking show but I never saw any love of cooking coming from her. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

So that begs the question again.  How can they do yet another season of a show about polygamy where there is no polygamy?

If there is money to made for the network, they will find a way. They might slap a new name on it and package it differently. Reminds me of all the Real Housewives shows that started out with married housewives, now 80% of them are divorced and single yet the shows continue on. 

They did something similar with 19 Kids and Counting. Most of the kids grew up,  they ditched the parents due to all the molestation charges brought against the older son, named it Counting On and a whole new show was born. 

Anything for a buck. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Now days there’s a pill for everything. Can you imagine the money one would make for a safe pill to lose weight!

I keep wishing and hoping for one! 🙏 🤞 🙏 The calories in calories out with moving your tail: (ie: the right way to do it) takes too long and too much energy, and I don't get enough cake!   I want a magic pill so I can go to sleep chunky, and wake up svelte! C'mon scientists, stop focusing on boner pills and help a fat gal out! 

11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

If there is money to made for the network, they will find a way. They might slap a new name on it and package it differently. Reminds me of all the Real Housewives shows that started out with married housewives, now 80% of them are divorced and single yet the shows continue on. 

I agree that TLC definitely will keep on if there's money to be had. The HW shows used to be about luxury, and piles of cash, and now we know a bunch of them are definitely not wealthy, and some are even criminals! 

TLC already minimally adjusted, as things started getting darker with the Browns, when they stopped playing their catchphrases on the opener. It's been only music for seasons now. 
   I imagine they'll still call it Sisterwives for the brand recognition, but add something to the title, like Sisterwives: Minused Out (tm Robyn) Sisterwives: Except Meri and Christine, and Only Sometimes Janelle. --Well, I'm sure TLC will be more professional than I am. 😆 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I remember from the first couple of seasons when she had all the kids to take care of every day. As mentioned above, she was making tater tot casseroles and frozen fish stick taco's. Viewers would comment on how disgusting and unhealthy her meals were. Money was tight back then and she had like 10 kids to care for so maybe that was the best she could do then. Apparently something changed to warrant her doing a cooking show but I never saw any love of cooking coming from her. 

Maybe she always has loved cooking, but doing it for a large group of fussy children didn’t put her talent to good use. It’s almost impossible to create healthy, tasty meals and please everyone. 

I like cooking certain things and am good at it, but don’t make them too often because hubby never wants it and I wind up making 2 separate meals all the time and it’s exhausting. I can’t imagine having to cook for that many kids and then want to make a second, healthier meal in addition. So maybe what we were seeing isn’t what Christine was actually capable of. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't think I'll be tuning in and I really don't have a horse in this race, so to speak, but I imagine that there is a place out there for this kind of cooking show, particularly amongst the TLC demographic (and I'm sure that TLC has done some kind of market research on this). Giving her a digital platform is probably easy for the network to do, and it's an easy way to test whether or not people would be interested in more "Just Christine" programming. My guess is that while her food probably won't be the healthiest or the most sophisticated fare out there, it will probably be simple and easy to make, inexpensive for the average household to prepare, and good for families/groups...that ticks a lot of boxes for a lot of home cooks out there.

• Love 20
On 2/23/2022 at 6:19 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Wasn't it Janelle who wanted to build greenhouses and open a Farm to Table restaurant on the Coyote Pass property? (with absolutely no real experience in gardening or cooking.) 

edited to add: If that ever were to happen, I would suggest a name for the restaurant: "Coyote? HARD PASS" 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5

There are soooo many cooking shows in YouTube right now. I have a few favorites but seems like everybody that knows how to break an egg cooks on YouTube for money. Christine is going to need a really good hook to get 5,000 subscribers. 

Oh the show will go on!  We were all calling it dead five years ago but here we are!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I can’t imagine having to cook for that many kids and then want to make a second, healthier meal in addition.

Why not just make a healthy meal for everyone to begin with instead of placating some whiny kids with meals that aren’t good for them to begin with?  It isn’t that hard to come up with nutritious meals for kids on a budget.  Plus, you are setting them up into eating habits that will shape the rest of their lives.  Win-win!

7 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

It’s almost impossible to create healthy, tasty meals and please everyone. 

I told my three and their cousins, friends or anyone else they dragged to the table they were either picky or hungry-and picky will go hungry after mealtime.  I let them decide.  More often than not, our guests were willing to at least TRY what I made! 😊

• Love 12
1 hour ago, kicotan said:

I told my three and their cousins, friends or anyone else they dragged to the table they were either picky or hungry-and picky will go hungry after mealtime.  I let them decide.  More often than not, our guests were willing to at least TRY what I made! 😊

We had a similar rule at my house and my children grew up with an adventurous spirit where food is concerned.  Our rule was, there will be two dinner choices every night; take it, or leave it.  Most times everyone was hungry enough to eat what I fixed and I didn’t make things nobody wanted.  After working all day and coming home tired, my meals were simple but nutritious and I explained to my family that that was good enough for anyone!  I hope Christine will offer some traditional recipes that have been passed down in the family.  Those are some of my favorites.  

• Love 13

When they were still in LV and everyone had noticed how much weight Christine had lost, she posted a pic of her cat that had snuck into the fridge.  Everything in there was real, healthy food with lots of fresh vegs. (She did make sure kitty exited the fridge before closing the door). It would be nice if on TLC she made some healthy versions of "comfort food". 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I imagine they'll still call it Sisterwives for the brand recognition, but add something to the title, like Sisterwives: Minused Out (tm Robyn) Sisterwives: Except Meri and Christine, and Only Sometimes Janelle. --Well, I'm sure TLC will be more professional than I am.

I'm hoping for a show called Christine's ex-husband, his wife, and two baby mama's

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, kicotan said:

Why not just make a healthy meal for everyone to begin with instead of placating some whiny kids with meals that aren’t good for them to begin with?  It isn’t that hard to come up with nutritious meals for kids on a budget.  Plus, you are setting them up into eating habits that will shape the rest of their lives.  Win-win!

I was picky due to food allergies which weren’t reallsed at the time. I’d sit and starve (and then around age 14, became anorexic in part to control my environment). Eventually my parents and I compromised and I went on a vegan, plant based diet but I had to make some of my food myself, which, fine—fair compromise. 

This is why I never force people to eat anything they don’t want to, however, if they’re hungry later they can make something themselves or choose a piece of fruit. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

I watched it finally last night.  I was really struck by 2 things.  How LITTLE (nonexistent) communication there was between Kody and Christine.  He had heard rumors she wanted to leave but never discussed it with her?????  Waited for her to talk to him?????  I don't get that at all, especially since he says he didn't want her to leave.  The other thing was how bad Robyn looks!  Yikes.  Heavy and miserable.  Hey, I get it....I'm an old bat and I don't have the figure of my 20 yo self.  But I'm also not carrying most of my weight in my neck.  I do wish the host had said something about "hey, have you had that thyroid checked out yet?"  The stress of being wife #1 is wearing her down.  Karma. 

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I was picky due to food allergies which weren’t reallsed at the time. I’d sit and starve (and then around age 14, became anorexic in part to control my environment). Eventually my parents and I compromised and I went on a vegan, plant based diet but I had to make some of my food myself, which, fine—fair compromise. 

This is why I never force people to eat anything they don’t want to, however, if they’re hungry later they can make something themselves or choose a piece of fruit. 

Hey are you sure we aren’t related? 😊. My story reads very much like yours…I was often the last one left at the table (you couldn’t get up until you finished your plate) because of dietary issues that weren’t addressed until I was a teenager.  As a result, doctors put me on a vegetarian diet in the 80’s when it wasn’t in vogue plus I had no internet to search for recipes so I had to go to the library and get religious-themed cookbooks(only ones available) to learn how to make healthy vegetarian meals.  Two years into the process I intentionally became pregnant with my first child and I was blessed with a vegetarian pediatrician who encouraged me to continue eliminating meat, sugar & processed crap in my diet while my OBGYN and my own mother couldn’t understand why I would go against God and put my child “at risk” like that. (WTF?)

I would never “force” anyone to eat something that has a potential to be an allergen (nuts, shellfish, animal flesh, wheat) but at the same time I’m unalterably opposed to placating children who throw a fit not getting a “Happy Meal”, instead of eating the healthy meal placed in front of them.

• Love 9
On 2/22/2022 at 11:08 PM, LuvMyShows said:

On 2/22/2022 at 11:42 PM, Sandy W said:

On 2/23/2022 at 6:19 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

*Shrugs* Maybe they gave Christine this cooking show so she could finish out her portion of the Sister Wives contract?  She's no longer one, so will she even be on the show?

On 2/23/2022 at 7:24 AM, ginger90 said:

She’s been doing cooking lives for quite some time. I’m not saying they’re going to be great, but she is engaging. I read they will be every Sunday. I also saw a comment by Christine in a post about it say, it will be comfort foods to start.

TLC has most likely seen Christine doing her cooking "show" on her lives and is simply riding the "YOU GO GIRL" wave of Christine's current popularity to "feel" the interest with a low cost online platform production.

Its most likely that the branded viewer of Sister Wives isn't a gourmet oriented viewer, but a basic (at best) home cook who may like what ever home cooking that Christine is going to showcase.

• Love 19
23 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

TLC has most likely seen Christine doing her cooking "show" on her lives and is simply riding the "YOU GO GIRL" wave of Christine's current popularity to "feel" the interest with a low cost online platform production.

Its most likely that the branded viewer of Sister Wives isn't a gourmet oriented viewer, but a basic (at best) home cook who may like what ever home cooking that Christine is going to showcase.

Yep, I agree with you on this.  I’ll go one step further and say that TLC is aware of the sentiment among SW viewers and they are using this little streaming cooking show as a trial balloon to see how big the interest in Christine is, how strong the sentiment is about fans being supportive of her success, and lastly whether or not Christine has any skill in front of a camera herself.  I think they are going to encourage her to have different family members on as guests and they will probably troll the message boards and see what the reactions are to each episode and maybe form some ideas on if and how they would like to work with Christine in the future.  When the interest of the viewers start to shift, so do the sponsorships and the ratings.  Smart companies start to look at the viability of spin-offs as a cheaper way to revamp, rather than create completely new shows, which is always risky and expensive.  Not saying this is what’s happening, but it could be.  Christine would be wise to take this seriously and put everything she has into it.  She could flop or she could be successful.  Personally, I would like to see karma play out here, but it’s up to her and what she has to offer.

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17

On 2/21/2022 at 11:46 AM, Roslyn said:

Kody has spent the entirety of his marriage(s) bouncing from place to place, but always at the center of everyone's attention.

I suspect Kody always miraculously spent time with whichever household didn't have a kid with colic, or which just got the latest video game/larger tv for the game.  

On 2/21/2022 at 5:02 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

When and if Kody brings in another wife, a younger one, that he's met and started talking to (with help from Meri; all done behind her back and in secret), and that new wife needs to be courted extra long, and put into the rotation before marriage. (She will also claim to need a 20 day honeymoon, because 11 days just isn't enough time to bond.)

She may have to face the painful question: "Sustain the money train by adding a new wife, or Kody-all-to-myself-for-eternity?"

Meri is the one who did a cooking segment on this actual show - did they have them all audition? That has to hurt doubly hard. I don't follow them on social so maybe they all have them.  

Even if it's just a pity donation from TLC to Christine to help her get started, good for her.  It costs them nothing and they can get a feel for whether to keep her in the loop somehow. I really don't want that to consist of the adult children, however - no need to carry this stigma into future generations publicly.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, kassa said:

I really don't want that to consist of the adult children, however - no need to carry this stigma into future generations publicly.

That is my fear;  that one or more of them will decide to make "reality" TV their life's work.  After all, it's something most of them have become comfortable with since they've had cameras in their faces most of their childhood.  Logan, as the oldest, had the least exposure and has successfully divorced himself from any association with it. 

Paedon, I fear, will embrace it.  He's already making appearances and doing talk segments.  Hopefully not another generation of "I don't need a job, I'll just sell my story" Browns in the making.

• Love 11
40 minutes ago, kassa said:

I suspect Kody always miraculously spent time with whichever household didn't have a kid with colic, or which just got the latest video game/larger tv for the game.  

She may have to face the painful question: "Sustain the money train by adding a new wife, or Kody-all-to-myself-for-eternity?"

Meri is the one who did a cooking segment on this actual show - did they have them all audition? That has to hurt doubly hard. I don't follow them on social so maybe they all have them.  

Even if it's just a pity donation from TLC to Christine to help her get started, good for her.  It costs them nothing and they can get a feel for whether to keep her in the loop somehow. I really don't want that to consist of the adult children, however - no need to carry this stigma into future generations publicly.

And I’m guessing Meri’s miffed Christine has attention being paid to her cooking. 

Meri does more than enough to draw attention  to herself online (look at MEEEE I’m a boss blah blah blah) and I’m SO glad Christine is getting a shot. Meri’s mind is probably screaming “BUT I HAVE A B&B I COOK!” 🤣 Not this time Meri, no attention for you. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 2/22/2022 at 9:59 AM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

And we used to say that Christine would be the only one who would be really hosed if this family ever broke up because she had no work experience, savings or pension/social security funds.  Now she is looking like the SW who has the most going on for herself and who knew?  She actually does have some skills and work ethic and GUMPTION!  I’m glad to see it all and wish her happiness in her future.  

I wonder if Christine or her kids read any of the stuff we posted about Christine's minimal retirement savings. Meri & Robyn (if she makes it to 10 yrs) both will get Kootie's Social Security payments (and any of their own) when he dies and Janelle will get hers because she worked many real jobs in the past, but Christine's two decades of being the unpaid school teacher & nanny for 12 kids had earned her nothing but some food and a roof over her head. That may have sparked her into planning for her future.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I presume TLC owns all the footage from all the seasons of Sister Wives.  One way to jazz up Christine's cooking show would be to invite someone over each week (one of her kids, Mom, aunt, Janelle etc.) to cook something, and then eat their wares while watching selected footage from Sister Wives and commenting on it, like on Pillowtalks from 90DF.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Christine's two decades of being the unpaid school teacher & nanny for 12 kids had earned her nothing but some food and a roof over her head. That may have sparked her into planning for her future.

If she has half a brain (which is debatable) she will get a real job and not some easily cancelled, fly by night online thing. She's young enough to put in some time before retirement, hopefully in a job with a pension. 

There are no long term benefits as an "influencer".  She'll soon be forgotten and she'll end up living with the kids or working on the next bankruptcy.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Meri & Robyn (if she makes it to 10 yrs) both will get Kootie's Social Security payments (and any of their own) when he dies

They will get the total of whichever is larger.  They won't get both their payment plus a widow's payment.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Aren’t they considered contract employees for tax purposes? In that case they should be paying in to social security  as the employer and employee. Yes, no?

They probably are while working for TLC and selling MLM crap, but Christine's SS payments would be tiny if she only worked and paid premiums for 12-15 yrs of her life. Your Social Security payment is based on your best 35 years of work; 0's are put into the sum for all the years you didn't pay into SS. Christine didn't see any TLC money until she was 38.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6