Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: A Pretty Meltdown

• Start Topic

(edited)

I recorded this so I’m behind in watching. I really like that Herve Leger gown Rinna showed.  But I’d be concerned about storing all those designer dresses in the garage with car exhaust and gasoline tanks.  

Edited by Thumper
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
30 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

giphy.gif

Come on Rinna, we are counting on you! 

Good luck on that. I’m pretty sure she decided to be ride or die early on with her  new “bestie”. Too late to turn back now. Erika’s smarter than I thought.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Door County Cherry said:

The first I'm sorry if that upset you was a bit faux but I don't agree with Lisa that Crystal didn't mean it.  If there is one thing we've seen from Crystal, it's that she won't apologize if she doesn't feel like apologizing.  

Garcelle was wrong to criticize Crystal for not bending.  Crystal had bent.  It's just that each week Sutton kept saying it wasn't enough.  

Yeah, I thought once Crystal changed her wording it was correct. I couldn't believe Garcelle talking to her about bending when Sutton has been demanding complete submission on this from the beginning even after it's over. Like, why are you telling the woman who's been mostly sitting there quietly through the whole meal to soften up? Well, I get it--because Sutton's way of making demands is to cry like a victim. Still, Garcelle was there. Surely she saw that Sutton, by her own admission, was angered just by her presence!

Still not buying the convenient timing of Erika leaving Tom just before this goes down. That doesn't mean they're really in this together as a couple. I can believe she really is mad at him and crying that she's dealing with this. They can be hiding assets without liking each other much.

• Love 8

I’m now 14 minutes in. As I suspected that sneaky little puss got Lips and the other Hilton sister wrapped around her finger early on.

I’m actually impressed. But they’re not that bright to begin with.

2 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

One good thing about all the Tom/Erika drama coming out now is that it will bury the violated drama between Crystal and Sutton (hopefully).

We can only hope. 

And pray to Sweet Baby Jesus…

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

I quite liked that segment.  It was history.  I thought the dresses were pretty.  And there was no bitching about needing to build a bigger closet.  Just a "ran out of room, putting the shit in the garage" practicality.  

It's why, during the money conversation, I believed she is shrewd about her money.  And I respect her for that.  In fact, for all Harry and Lisa are mocked for their small kitchen and somewhat small house, I believe they live within their means. 

I have always been EXTREMELY curious about the Hamlin/Rinna finances. I think their house is nice with a great yard and privacy (Rinna needs to part ways with the shabby chic and the rat-kitchen does need to be modernized) - Harry has had that house since before his marriage to Rinna. He's had two divorces but no children from those relationships. Both he & Rinna have worked for decades in television, and although Rinna probably doesn't take the lion's share of the profits from the QVC line she was the face for a long time - enough time to make bank.

Yet - they've done two reality shows and Rinna actually said the Depends contract saved their bacon. I have no problem believing they are not extravagant with their spending (and I think they also have a home in Canada). It seems like a great life, but it also seems like they should need a little less hustle at this point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Erika is just a liar. She has either been lying to us for years about her relationship with Tom and how supporting and loving he was or she's lying now. I don't know how she thought/thinks changing her story now makes us believe her when all she is doing is proving she's a liar. In the last couple of episodes she's gone from talking about how cold Tom was to her and how he was so closed off to now saying he was deteriorating before her eyes and it was too much. She's trying to spin every story to see what sticks.

During the resolution of the Crystal/Sutton argument someone said something about pulling up your underpants and Kathy responded, "high-waisted ones." I literally laughed out loud.

I'm not a huge Kyle fan, but I really related to her talking about her concerns about parenting Portia during the pandemic. It was so hard to figure out what rules to enforce because at times it felt pointless. Like others have said, I do think she is a good mom even if Portia seems coddled and spoiled (but maybe not too bad for Beverly Hills).

• Love 22
(edited)

23 minutes in (I’m multitasking). This is fucking hysterical.

OK. Wow. Lips has some really nice vintage dresses. It’s not my thing - but I drooled a bit. 

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Didn’t see last week so just seeing the leather pants and jungle dress for the first time tonight.  I don’t think either of them are bad.    You have to be very thin to wear pleated leather pants!  The jungle dress is not something I’d wear, but it is fun.

But seriously, was Rinna wearing her old housecoat?

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I like Garcelle’s ombre’d gray hair.

Same!  Every time they show her with that hair I actually love it and I would never do that to my own hair...way too chicken.

• Love 10

Sutton loses me when she keeps insisting that her walking in on Crystal (yes she knocked, but polite people usually wait to hear an invitation before entering) is water under the bridge now and should never be mentioned again, but that Crystal saying she felt violated is still so horrible for Sutton.  It just seems that if Crystal has to yield on the actual initial offense and agree to move on, the least Sutton can do in return is give up her "violated" mouse.  

Also, Sutton joking at the end of the dinner about learning to lock the door rang strange.  If this were (overtly) scripted, I'd say that line should've gone to Crystal.  Sutton making the joke is 1)weird because she seems to so desperately want that moment forgotten and 2) very close to victim blaming.  That basically this whole ordeal, which has been so terrible for Sutton because now people might think she's a violator, would never have happened if only Crystal had locked her door.  Not "if only Sutton had waited for Crystal to say she can enter".

• Love 10