Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: A Pretty Meltdown

• Start Topic

(edited)

2 hours ago, wallies said:

It's refreshing to see Sutton's daughter who's smart, adjusted and naturally beautiful - in direct contrast to Crystal's screaming brat throwing a fit during the workout session with the trainer.

One is a full grown adult and one is what 6 or 7? Contrasting the actions and beauty and intelligence of an Adult to that of a small underage child? ..Of course the adult is going to act differently then a small child and is gonna handle herself and her actions differently not to mention that an adult would be more intelligent then a 6/7yo..

The True contrast should be Sutton's actions compared to that of her adult daughter ...One doesn't throw fits and temper tantrums at birthday parties social gatherings or just hanging out (so far) and then there is Sutton...... who doesn't have a story line at all without this "fight" ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, chlban said:

What does a loving wife have to do with Erika? This was a business transaction and Tom did not keep up his end of the business deal-the money ran out. 

Exactly- this was her knowing she could get out and the plan had been to show her like a Phoenix coming out of the ashes.  Well she is...THE ASHES OF MONEY STOLEN FROM BURN VICTIMS AND CRASH VICTIMS.

You can see her story evolving as things came out about his medical condition and then the money.  I do believe she probably had no clue but because SHE DID NOT CARE UNTIL SHE WAS IMPLICATED.  In the beginning she was shrugging all the lawsuits off - well until her name got implicated. 

But other than an offhand remark the sympathy was all about her and how this is ruining her life.  Yeah cry me a river.

• Love 15
8 hours ago, renatae said:

Re: Violategate - Crystal insists she was correct in using the word, but violate describes an intentional failure to respect another person's privacy. Sutton knocked and stumbled in; there was nothing deliberate about her finding Crystal en deshabille.

She's perfectly correct in the context she's using it, since she's not saying that Sutton did violate her (in fact, she's said it was an accident) but that she *felt* violated, which is perfectly accurate. Which is also why it's bizarre that Sutton keeps acting like she's being insulted.

1 hour ago, wallies said:

When Crystal refused to apologize the shock and exasperation on everyone's face (except Kathy, who's face doesn't move) was extremely telling. It's obvious everyone thought at least some sort of apology was deserved, warranted and forthcoming and even these girls couldn't believe what they were witnessing. Crystal is an utterly cold, mean girl using her prior friendship with Kathy as confidence to pick on the "other new housewife". Sutton was absolutely right not to let it go because Crystal never will. 

I don't think any of them really think an apology is deserved, they just are shocked that she's not giving Sutton whatever she wants since her schtick is being vulnerable and so you're supposed to always feel sorry for her. I think they just don't know how to react to this kind of situation. If Crystal was responding to Sutton by yelling about her own pov, they'd know how to deal with that because that's what usually happens. They don't know what to do with Crystal just refusing to submit without even demanding that the other women take her side. It's five against one and not only is Crystal not backing down, she's not starting fights with the other women for ganging up on her.

1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

My thing is: she is setting up this dementia bullshit but she looks cold and callous cause the morning she "left him" she dropped his ass off at work, went home, moved out and hasn't called or talked  to him since?!!? Didn't even leave a note. She didn't seem concerned when she allegedly left a man she thinks is melting and degrading before her high and dry!

Seriously. If he's got dementia maybe he isn't speaking to her because he doesn't know where she is? Or why she left? But no, according to her he's coordinating a campaign to destroy her like the supervillain he is. And the thing is, I can see the two things--a guy can still have the chops to be mean if he's that powerful and in the early stages of dementia. But Erika isn't making it fit together well in her story. And why wouldn't she just wait it out?

1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

Rinna has the morals of a ... wait she has none and it would be offensive to anything (animal, vegetable or mineral) to be compared to her. Apparently, gossiping about people and maybe having an alleged lesbian affair is the crime of the century compared to robbing orphans, widows and burn victims. Got it!

It's bizarre--well, really it's the point of the show--that they all so openly admit to judging situations based on whether they want to be on a a person's side or not. There's nothing about Erika that should make them all so very sure that she would never be involved in anything like this, but they're all lining up to be character witnesses. Even though they just found out everything they thought about Erika before was allegedly a lie.

Hilarious that Erika would try to claim that nobody would believe her if she said Tom was mean to her when the whole reason she had to keep talking up how good their marriage was was that everyone's default interpretation was that he wouldn't be respectful of her! Nobody thought Tom was Santa Claus here. They were open to hearing that the cutthroat rich old white guy lawyer who doesn't let you contradict him in public was, in fact, kind fo a dick!

5 minutes ago, Momager said:

Sutton’s daughter is at least a dozen years older than Crystal’s. I should hope an 18 year old doesn’t throw tantrums! Who knows what was going on w/Crystal’s daughter that day? Catch one of my kids on a bad day at that age and you would likely see the same behavior. It’s developmentally appropriate. Very young children are still learning how to regulate their emotions. 

Also grown children and their parents are going to have a different dynamic. It was more interesting to me watching the difference b/w them and the Hamlin kids. While I thought Porter seemed like she had a much better head on her shoulders and liked her more, we don't know the grown parent/child dynamic there completely.

• Love 12

About violategate...i think most of us agree Sutton just seems too darn fragile to be on a reality t.v. show.  It's painful (not in a good way ;) ) to watch her.  A stress vibe just rolls off her.  She doesn't seem so much to be playing to the carmera but rather fighting for her emotional well being.

I suspect she is dealing with some real toxic shame issues.  It's not just Crystal saying her BEHAVIOR was bad, but Sutton thinks Crystal is saying her VERY BEING is bad.  That's tricky stuff cause it's not something you can just let go.  You feel like you are in a fight for your very life.  

Its hard to feel a lot of empathy for someone in a toxic shame spiral, because they are in such a selfish mindset, but at least I feel like Sutton should exit reality t.v  for her own emotional health (and that's empathic).

Crystal could shrug and let it go, but that won't earn her a spot next season.  If Sutton continues to give her a plotline, Crystal will continue to play along.  Why not?

• Love 13
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

Crystal could shrug and let it go, but that won't earn her a spot next season.  If Sutton continues to give her a plotline, Crystal will continue to play along.  Why not?

She has let it go, she isn’t the one bring it up. Bending the knee to Sutton shouldn’t be necessary when she isn’t the one bringing it up and has accepted that it was an accident with no illintent on Sutton’s part but that doesn’t change how she felt. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

I recorded this to watch later, but I did see Erika’s “heartbreaking” confessional with Kyle. Even though I’m probably one of the most cynical people walking the planet, usually I can feel some degree of sympathy or empathy for whatever somebody is going through. But not last night. I felt nothing (rather than the urge to reach through my TV with a wad of Kleenex so she could mop up the mascara tracks). 

I’ve always called bullshit on the lovey-doveyness of Tom and Erika. This was purely a transactional relationship from the start, and Erika is now crying only because her gravy train has derailed, and the bill is coming due. 

This was all acting —  and bad acting at that. The mascara was a very tacky touch.

Bottom line, they are both grifters. Period, full stop. She took advantage of his prestige and money; he, the arm candy; and both many trusting people who lost what was rightfully and legally theirs so this pair could live the BH life. Screw them both.

I don’t think I would keep airing this kind of dirty laundry when my ass is in such a bad legal sling, but you do you, Erika. As always.

(I’ve been gone from the forums for awhile, but used to post a lot in the Below Deck forums. I realize I’m still “new” to most of you.)

I'm the odd one out, and did feel a small twinge of compassion for her this episode. IF (and it's a giant if) she didn't know, or only knew a tiny bit, then damn. But then she kept talking and changing defense tactics midstream, (and all of her bs she's done publicly since it all broke open), and my heart hardened again, lol. 

@bosawks said it so very well in the Erika thread, and I agree so much, and hope the laser focus outside the show isn't as much on her, but on all of the other people -including the CA bar and judges for goodness sake!- who enabled, or turned a blind eye to the massive and disgusting grift, which allowed it to go on for decades. Erika is just the smallest player in all of it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, biakbiak said:

She has let it go, she isn’t the one bring it up. 

But thats what I'm saying...she could just shrug and let it go every.single.time Sutton brings it up.  I'm not denying Crystal has a right to speak up for herself every.single.time Sutton brings it up though.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

But thats what I'm saying...she could just shrug and let it go every.single.time Sutton brings it up.  I'm not denying Crystal has a right to speak up for herself every.single.time Sutton brings it up though.

She has literally sat silent and that hasn’t stopped Sutton from pushing further and further and attacking her. I sincerely don’t understand what you are suggesting Crystal do when Sutton has stated her very presence “triggers” her.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
(edited)
13 minutes ago, ezzy4 said:

I think I get what you're saying, but the problem is even when Crystal doesn't engage, or do anything at all, Sutton still goes off. She also gets ALL of the other women involved by not taking Crystal aside to hash it one-on-one, and using her emotions to get the pets and sympathy. She's the weakling in person, but snarky in her TH's which, to me, feels like the big emotional scenes are a manipulative tactic.

Every single one of them rushed to Sutton's side and left Crystal sitting by herself! No one bothered to ask Crystal if she was ok at any point. Eta: Erika even said to her to stop egging Sutton on when she hasn't done that at all.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Love 14
(edited)
15 hours ago, nexxie said:

Erika seems to be using a lot of talking points related to what was in the news, rather than being real.

Nothing about the victims.

I wonder if she can talk about the victims?  I mean, the court case hasn't been settled yet. 

I'm in the minority of thinking it's possible she didn't know.  When she met him, he was a wealthy man who was revered -- I mean, Erin Brockovich movie. We aren't talking about her marrying a teacher who suddenly can afford buying her a glam squad.

He could have legitimately invested his earnings and done well enough that she thought he was solid financially without embezzlement.So there's a part of me that feels badly for her b/c I think it's entirely possible she didn't know.

The problem for her is every season of RHOBH she's painted him as this wonderful man.  The only time I thought hmmmmm was when he didn't go to her Broadway premiere and when asked about it on the reunion, she seemed hurt.

Instead of painting him out to be the suddenly very evil man, she'd be better off saying she just thought he was wealthy, never looked at the finances -- he was wealthy before he met me, I just assumed good investments.  I don't believe she continually asked him (I do believe that if she did, he wasn't going to admit he's a scammer).

I do wonder if there marriage was legitimately going downhill -- he was busted cheating before the scandal hit.  Or if together they conspired to start the marriage problems in the press so they could divorce and she hides their assets.  If she's hiding their assets, she can go to hell.  If she's protecting what she earned, that's a different story.

In short, she is going about this in a way that makes it not believable when it very well could be that she didn't know but just enjoyed collecting the money.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 7

On Crystal, unless there is editing involved we missed, it's clear the "you're just jealous" did not have anything to do with gift giving or that would've been expanded on.  So it's clear the "just jealous" meant "of me."  If she didn't mean it that way, I feel confident she would've said, "I did not mean that you are jealous of me and the pants you think are ugly; I meant that you were jealous that I went in on the gift giving and you were left out."  

I really didn't have any problem with what Crystal said about socially awkward person bc really, that's true.  But it is good that she understands why "manic" is a trigger.  I also liked that Crystal basically told Rinna to shut the fuck up when she injected herself into the mix.  She stood her ground and I liked it.

I do think Crystal is a beautiful woman; but whomever is putting highlighter down her nose is doing her dirty.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

In short, she is going about this in a way that makes it not believable when it very well could be that she didn't know but just enjoyed collecting the money.

That's how I assume it was--and possibly that she's helping him hide assets or whatever rich people do. Because there's no reason to think that this old, successful lawyer needs a Lady MacBeth in the person of Erika Jayne who wants to pat her puss and has a glam squad. 

That said, since as she noted she already had some weird shenanigans happen, I don't think she's shocked to know that Tom would do something shady. I think she could agree with the Guidice defense--that everybody who's successful does shady stuff so it's no big deal.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I'm the odd one out, and did feel a small twinge of compassion for her this episode. IF (and it's a giant if) she didn't know, or only knew a tiny bit, then damn. But then she kept talking and changing defense tactics midstream, (and all of her bs she's done publicly since it all broke open), and my heart hardened again, lol. 

@bosawks said it so very well in the Erika thread, and I agree so much, and hope the laser focus outside the show isn't as much on her, but on all of the other people -including the CA bar and judges for goodness sake!- who enabled, or turned a blind eye to the massive and disgusting grift, which allowed it to go on for decades. Erika is just the smallest player in all of it.

I just skimmed a rather lengthy LA Times investigative story on Tom Girardi’s legal history in Los Angeles, and all the unethical and/or illegal crap he’s pulled over the years and how it was enabled by the LA legal community. (This was from a few months ago, and I’m sure it’s been discussed somewhere here.)

There is a lot more to this story, and the money angle alone probably goes much deeper than what we can get our heads around. What I can’t stomach — or forgive — is the way he conned people into letting him “invest” their settlement money to help them out later on. Yeah…he sure did invest it — in that disgusting mansion, the jets, the so-called artistic pursuits of his wife…I hope the survivors get every last penny of what they’re owed, with interest. That’s what they deserve. I could tell early on by the fake charm used around the women that he was an untrustworthy, shifty con artist. These people usually get caught, but not before hurting many, many people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, Maximona said:

But Rinna—you need to store the vintage dresses in one of those pod things in the backyard  because car exhaust is very bad for delicate fabrics

I think she needs to spring for a climate controlled storage place off-site.  Especially since they live near wildfire country.  I would have loved to see more of those dresses.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

But do we like them, really? I enjoy Garcelle, I suppose, as much as one can enjoy a HW. 

Even if Erica is completely innocent of her husband's crimes, where is the horror that she enjoyed such a lavish lifestyle on the spoils of what her husband ripped off from people in pain? Even if I'd had NOTHING to do with it, if I'd profited from it in anyway, I would be expressing horror, remorse, and doing everything I could to help those people. 

Strongly agree! I also sure as heck wouldn't have joined the show this year, out of respect.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, nexxie said:

I still think Crystal might have been purging when Sutton walked in - Sutton suggested tonight that Crystal was defensive about something.

i speculated on that as well, because following the trip, she told the ladies about  her weight loss due to stress and then the jokes that Sutton is good for your diet happened.  That's when she lowered the boom that sudden weight loss is not a good thing b/c of her past eating issues.  Then there's the eating of browning where she said "I never eat" which was quickly followed by "I eat all the time."  She's clearly still got some issues with food.

It could be that her history of purging led her to always worry about getting walked in on before and being walked in on made her recall those fears (but you'd think if she held onto those fears, she'd lock the door).  Maybe her family members would say "what is going on in there" (similar to Sutton) and those words brought back memories.

Since Crystal was really bothered by Sutton's "what's going on in here" comment, it's a shame she didn't expound on that.  I know she said she thought it was creepy but it's more than likely tied to her eating disorder.  I think Sutton could use a good talking to about WHY her reaction was as strong as it was -- "Now that I understand why 'manic' is a trigger to you, let me tell you why what you think was a simple mistake triggered me to use the strong words that you and others objected to.  You may have thought I was being overly dramatic, but in my past, I always worried about family members catching me..."

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
16 hours ago, Thumper said:

Are those designer sweats Ericka is wearing???  Trying to imagine how much they cost.  They look like something we could buy at Walmart, though.

Designer this, designer that.  Does anyone carry tissues in their pockets?  

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

But do we like them, really? I enjoy Garcelle, I suppose, as much as one can enjoy a HW. 

Even if Erica is completely innocent of her husband's crimes, where is the horror that she enjoyed such a lavish lifestyle on the spoils of what her husband ripped off from people in pain? Even if I'd had NOTHING to do with it, if I'd profited from it in anyway, I would be expressing horror, remorse, and doing everything I could to help those people. 

She's going about it all wrong, but the case hasn't been litigated yet right?  So it probably not in her best interest to say it's a forgone conclusion that he did in fact embezzle?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

She's going about it all wrong, but the case hasn't been litigated yet right?  So it probably not in her best interest to say it's a forgone conclusion that he did in fact embezzle?  

She could speak about in the abstract, the way the others refer to how she would never do anything "like that." I think they did mention widows etc. So she could probably express sympathy for anybody going through that if they did go through that and say she would never want to enjoy money made from that. The fact that she herself was once a single mom (not sure if she raised her son herself?) but still, she had a son and wasn't wealthy so she could define herself as one of them. Instead of complaining that Tom hasn't given her a dime so she has to live in that lovely house.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

She could speak about in the abstract, the way the others refer to how she would never do anything "like that." I think they did mention widows etc. So she could probably express sympathy for anybody going through that if they did go through that and say she would never want to enjoy money made from that. The fact that she herself was once a single mom (not sure if she raised her son herself?) but still, she had a son and wasn't wealthy so she could define herself as one of them. Instead of complaining that Tom hasn't given her a dime so she has to live in that lovely house.

True!

3 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yeah, I do think that there is the bind of not wanting to admit to anything before litigation.  But by being on the show, she's opening herself up a million different ways. At the very least, one thing she could say is "I am incredibly shocked by these allegations and while I don't know anything about them, I am so sad for the families who went through that tragedy." I mean, she can express sympathy for the fact that they experienced the initial tragedy without admitting to anything. At the very least, it would sound less selfish on her part. 

Also very good points!

My favorite line of the night was in Erika's "bungalow" during the hiding assets comment, Rinna said something like, "oh it's clear you aren't hiding assets" dig.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Andi27 said:

And it sounds like she goes even farther next week. She thought he was out with other women but it turns out he was just wondering around lost? What did she/anyone do about it? Why was he still practicing law up to the day she left him?

Not that I believe this story, but I will say, my SIL's mom had dementia and one minute she's going through life as usual where you had no idea she had any issues.  But she'd forget about her bills and other things the next minute.

And she would be loving one minute, angry the next. It was wildly unpredictable until it got worse.

• Love 7
(edited)

Gee, all that work Kyle and Lisa put into distracting the attention from Erika and keeping the focus on Sutton vs. Crystal, only for Kyle to go and get Covid and force everyone into quarantine just as the shit hit the fan. I mean, it's even on Fox News, so clearly Sutton's convinced!

Kathy's wreaths may be the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on this show.

I almost think something actually is up with Tom's state of mind, because I'm shocked he hasn't tried to shut down Erika and Bravo from discussing/showing any of this.

Edited by dmeets
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, dmeets said:

Kathy's wreaths may be the most disturbing thing I've ever seen on this show.

Well, at least she wasn't decorating them with little smiley-faced molars.

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The thing is, Erika hasn't once said, "I am appalled to discover this great life I had is built on the backs of someone else's tragedy." I mean, sure, I can believe that Tom wasn't super forthcoming about the books with her. But I feel like most people would feel a deep sense of shame if they found out they were living this fabulous life based on ill-gotten gains. And that most people would express that sense of shame with an understanding that other people were wronged.

Instead, Erika keeps expressing her anger towards Tom for "bringing her down" or for reducing her material circumstances (smaller house, small car, etc.). There is just no concern whatsoever for the actual victims here. If she would just say once, "I can't believe our lives were built off of this," then I would believe some part of her story. But the fact that she can't say that is really telling to me. 

DING DING DING!

I feel exactly the same way. 

• Love 9
(edited)
17 hours ago, CSunshine76 said:

So Erica has a story to tell, but can’t tell it yet? Um, okay. Sure you do. 

From what I saw,  how many outfits, shoes, jewelry does one woman need?  Add to that, cars, glam squad, her stage act with the guys .. Tom could not have made that much to lavish her with all that.  Why did she show the world what she had?  What was the point?  All these women are too much with their possessions while people are suffering.  These women with all their designer bags, hair clips,fake hair, puffy lips that they keep licking as they must be annoying.  I just can’t.  Erika can get another Sugar Daddy. It’s the law she’s worried and crying about.  Her millions is probably in Switzerland.  Safe & Sound.  Do people still do that?    Another thing.  Her book stunk.  It might have been a best seller, but it stunk.  People, like me were just curious.  As far as Chicago, they probably ran out of people, so asked her.  The way she talks is with no emotion, except for herself.  She appears to be a very cold woman.

Edited by Hangin Out
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

How difficult is it to dupe a court/judge into believing you are suffering from dementia? Recent articles seem to suggest Tom has convinced them, but the timing is just too perfectly convenient, no?

Yes, exactly! How extremely convenient that in the midst of a felony investigation, the subject becomes incapacitated. He’s manipulative and this ploy is evidence of that - nothing more. He’s very, very well-connected and used those connections to his advantage over the years. I don’t think it’s a stretch to assume he asked a doctor friend for a favor. He’s such a weasel.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I do agree with Erika that women should be aware of what their family finances are. I just don't believe she was that unaware of what was going on. And the more she tries to cast Tom as the sole bad guy, the less I believe it.

It's not believable for Erika to say that she was clueless about Tom's legal problems when she accepted millions from him over the past few years. She has never come across as naive about business while she has been on the show.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I can't remember 100%, but didn't Kyle try to get her to stay? But even then, she still should have left.

At first Kyle said she would walk her out but Sutton was going slow.  Then there was a small group (not sure exactly who) of them saying "Don't leave"  Which of course was exactly what Sutton was going for.   Please. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I've been thinking about one of Erika's tagline: I'm an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, or some such crap.  But, now I can see that she just may be:

* Acts independent and icy, until now when she's dependent and vulnerable.

* Loves and adores her husband, until now when she recounts years of dismissive and controlling behavior.

* Describes Tom as powerful and always winning at the same time as melting away with dementia.

* Life is falling apart and is constantly in tears (without a tissue in sight) while posting provocative, scantily clothed insta photos.

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kathy is a mystery to me, one minute she is a doddering old woman, the next she looks young, then she is funny pulling everything out of her bag like Mary Poppins, then she is the consummate hostess (albeit in PJ's), then it is 3pm and she is up for the day finally and howling with her dog Sue, who names a dog Sue?

KATHY is an enigma wrapped in riddle...and cash!  Bitch flat out stole her tag line.  😉

Seriously, I covet that room Kathy entertained them in for breakfast.  That is the kind of content I watch these shit shows for! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I usually roll my eyes at Kyle's fapping herself for being the good mom, but I thought her segment was more enlightened and introspective than usual. She was worried about Portia being too comfortable in solitude and perhaps enjoying isolation and inactivity, essentially an introvert. I get it. I discovered I was more of an introvert during the pandemic too. 

I think Kyle was concerned about Portia missing out on life, doing nothing, and becoming depressed. My own anxiety started around Portia's age, and my parents never did anything about it. They just figured I was a shy, antisocial kid. I needed help and missed out on a ton. I didn't grow up with the kind of money the Umanskys have, but no doubt kids with that kind of privilege still struggle. 

• Love 18

Porter seems like a doll. I’m sure Sutton is a good mom. 

Bah, it’s no wonder Tom had to buy Erika her career. She is SUCH a bad actress. 

Kathy won the night with her line about the high-waisted granny panties.

I’m really itching to get to the episode where Erika unleashes her demonic voice on Sutton. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

I found it very interesting that in a previous episode Crystal admitted to wanting to be blond, blue eyed and skinny.  She also said she wanted to be American and what that meant [to her] as a child, was to be white.

She was bulimic when she was 11 years old, and it peaked when she was in high school and college.

She said her body issues was deeply rooted in her childhood.

So when she spews this Sutton is jealous bullshit, all I see is Sutton being blond, blue eyed, skinny and white.  Sutton triggers Crystal because all she feels she can change about her appearance is her weight.  Perhaps all of this antagonism is subconscious, but at this point I'm not sure Crystal is really free of her deeply rooted childhood issues.  They are the very hardest to overcome.

• Useful 9
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I'd have at least a modicum of respect for Erika had she just said, "Hey, he wanted some arm candy and I wanted a luxurious lifestyle.  When I found out he could no longer hold up his part of our arrangement and legal woes were afoot, I bounced out of there like a goddamned rubber ball."  

Ah yes, but she's not going to say that to Kyle, who actually has a real marriage of 25 years.  I think Kyle was broken up about it (or seemed to be) because she thought it was a real marriage.  And because she was still uber emotional from Covid quarantine. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

No  Ericka fan, but I can’t imagine that she would ever have complained about Tom on the show previously.  Wouldn’t he just have forced her off the show if she showed a negative side to him or their marriage?

• Love 5
(edited)

Sutton triggers Crystal because all she feels she can change about her appearance is her weight. 

I'd say it's the other way around in terms of who seems to be triggering the other. Plus, Crystal doesn't seem to have any issues with any of the other blond white women on the show.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Hiyo said:

I'd say it's the other way around. Plus, Crystal doesn't seem to have any issues with any of the other blond white women on the show.

Sutton has already apologized and explained it was the pleather that triggered her.

• LOL 12

8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Kathy is a mystery to me, one minute she is a doddering old woman, the next she looks young, then she is funny pulling everything out of her bag like Mary Poppins, then she is the consummate hostess (albeit in PJ's), then it is 3pm and she is up for the day finally and howling with her dog Sue, who names a dog Sue?

She may be playing this doddering old woman, but she is also the bitch who un-invited Mauricio from her daughter's wedding. 

I feel like she is playing a part, just a kind old rich woman.  😏

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
9 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

So when she spews this Sutton is jealous bullshit, all I see is Sutton being blond, blue eyed, skinny and white.  Sutton triggers Crystal because all she feels she can change about her appearance is her weight.  Perhaps all of this antagonism is subconscious, but at this point I'm not sure Crystal is really free of her deeply rooted childhood issues.  They are the very hardest to overcome.

Sutton "triggers" Crystal because Sutton keeps yelling at Crystal when Crystal is doing nothing but standing there, minding her own business. Crystal was literally DOING NOTHING but giving Garcelle a nice gift. It was Sutton who was triggered. Crystal only responded because Sutton was there telling her once again some more that Crystal was crazy for using a correctly-defined word to describe her own feelings.

I mean, it was Sutton who said that Crystal's mere presence sets her off. With such a comment, we can see that if anyone has subconscious antagonism, it's obviously Sutton.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12