Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: A Pretty Meltdown

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Strongly agree! I also sure as heck wouldn't have joined the show this year, out of respect.

I'm sure Erica's attorney feels the same way.  Generally when facing this kind of legal trouble the best advice is to shut up. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I mean, it was Sutton who said that Crystal's mere presence sets her off. With such a comment, we can see that if anyone has subconscious antagonism, it's obviously Sutton.

Sutton has enough snap and introspection to admit her feelings, Crystal does not.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
Just now, Shannah Banana said:

Crystal views Sutton as weak.  She has enough self preservation not to come after Erika and Kathy is her door to the life she covets. 

But so far Crystal hasn't come after anybody. She didn't have any trouble being just as firm shutting down Rinna when she tried to criticize her apology. Or telling Garcelle she wasn't going to apologize for feeling violated.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
Just now, Shannah Banana said:

Sutton has enough snap and introspection to admit her feelings, Crystal does not.

Sutton's "introspection" has led her to the conclusion that it's Crystal's fault that Sutton walked in on her and made her feel badly. In my book, that's projection, not introspection.

And Crystal has admitted her feelings. She's admitted that she felt that Sutton's actions made her feel like her privacy was violated. For her honesty, what she's received in return is Sutton's fragile tears and hysteria, and the other women telling her that she should deny her own feelings in order to make fragile Sutton feel better.

I say good for Crystal for standing up to that barrage of ridiculousness. 

• Love 21

Crystal wants to burst into tears at the end of the day because of her kids? She has a full-time housekeeper and nanny, at least one if not more!

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Crystal views Sutton as weak.  She has enough self preservation not to come after Erika and Kathy is her door to the life she covets. 

When did she come for Sutton? Stating her feelings isn’t coming for anyone and defending herself when attacked isn’t coming for her. I also don’t think Sutton is weak at all she is just manipulative. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Cosmocrush said:

At first Kyle said she would walk her out but Sutton was going slow.  Then there was a small group (not sure exactly who) of them saying "Don't leave"  Which of course was exactly what Sutton was going for.   Please. 

Yeah, after all the fawning, Sutton was fine. I'm trying to figure out why, after that part, she rolled her eyes at Dorit and walked away when Dorit was telling her if she didn't feel comfortable or pressured..something..when they were by the bar?

I still believe the jealous remark was over Kyle and Kathy doing their gift with Crystal. Sutton's reaction to that word at that moment, was huge; she paused, said "I'm out" then stomped off. 

I loved Sutton's lime green and cream splotchy sweater! In one of her TH's she looked like a fairy in the white...garment and the hair jewelry.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

I'm conflicted on how I feel about Erika's excuses. Did her words about Tom over the years seem more genuine than they do now? Yes. I believed her when she said she loved him and would stay with him. What she'saying now just doesn't ring true to me. She put more emotion into saying her house is too small than what she's been saying about Tom.

I could see from past seasons that something was going on with Ericka and Tom. There were times when Ericka was short and very rude to the other women for no reason at all. Most especially Lisa Vanderpump. Ericka was very jealous of Tom's compliments to Lisa, and he more than likely spoke of her fondly ( maybe too much )  to Ericka and that did not set well with her.  On one of those trips, Ericka attacked Lisa for no reason , came to dinner very upset and crying,  she tried to say that it was because she was so worried about her son being a police officer. I never believed that for a minute she had just spoken to Tom and I believe he left her in tears .  Tom treated Lisa with admiration, respect and clearly he was attracted to her obvious sophistication .  "' Just sayin "  He treated Lisa the way Ericka wished to be treated.  Tom  treated Ericka like a child.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15

Oh, Rinna, nooooooo.  Have you learned nothing from the break-in at Kyle's house?! 

Also: whatever is happening with Delilah's lips on that video call is wild.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, oakville said:

It's not believable for Erika to say that she was clueless about Tom's legal problems when she accepted millions from him over the past few years. She has never come across as naive about business while she has been on the show.

She accepted money but it sounds like she wasn't able to see the true source of that money.  And she wasn't involved into the day-to-day of the business.  Even if she was on some sort of board (which I'm not aware of), she wouldn't have been the only one.  And if other members didn't catch impropriety, I don't know why she would.

I think she can be business savvy but not aware of how law firms work, or what's legal in accounting.  

That said, she delivered her defenses of Tom in the past the same way she's delivering the takedowns of Tom.  It's hard to discern what is real about her feelings. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, JD5166 said:

Poor Portia, I will tell the kids who couldn’t afford to eat how horrible it’s been for Kyle and her family. 

Maybe Portia couldn’t eat because of her long nails?🙄😉

• LOL 10
(edited)

I give a pass to Kyle worrying about Portia. I don't know any families who have suffered food deprivation because of the pandemic but the reality is that their children have been scarred emotionally because of what they went through by missing normal interactions with other children. Just because others have it materially worse doesn't mean that Portia - as a child - isn't having to deal with essentially being locked in her house for a year - yes it's a lovely house but children need to be around other children.

I wonder what it is going to be like for the generation of children who were raised in the pandemic. My grandparents were raised in the Depression and then WW II and it definitely shaped them. They always assumed that disaster could lurk around the bend. Some of that was weird as they saved all kinds of things like string and whatever because they had lived through a time when everything was potentially precious and other stuff was actually very healthy since they lived below their means and retired and were able to have a fabulous retirement without any kind of financial worries.

Kyle seems to have really been a great mother. All of her children are scandal free - graduated college or in college. From what I have read about how Kathy raised her kids, they were essentially left to fend for themselves and the son is a real neer do well - as I recall he was arrested a few years ago because of his behavior on a plane but they paid it off and so he went to rehab instead. 

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Love looking in Rinna's garage - now I know who was hoarding all the toilet paper & paper towels!

I wanted to be able to give this more than one laughing emoji so I had to re-post it here 😂😂😂😂😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
18 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

So apparently in Rhinna’s world, possibly having sex is far more shocking  and despicable and calls for trashing a 20 year friendship, than ripping off widows and orphans. Why isn’t she driven to get to the bottom of this and confront Errika rather than kiss her ass and say she believes her. 

Because she has to use those huge lips for something! Great for kissing one’s ass

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Sutton and Crystal's issues are boring.  I want to know why the housewives are acting so dumb about Erika!  What the heck?  They have to have some intelligence to know what's going on.  Erika had so many scenarios in her mind to pretend like she didn't know anything.  If she was truly in the dark and just heard the news about Tom's exploits, she would be in some kind of shock and questioning how this could happen.  Instead, Tom is cold, beats everyone all the time, he has dementia (haha, so that came on fast), he has been cutting her out of his life....jeez... This is the worst cast, they are truly awful if they protect her.  

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Hangin Out said:

Is Kathy Hilton just visiting Kyle, or does she now live there for some reason?  

I've asked that before too.  For some reason I always thought Kathy Hilton lived in NYC.  Maybe they just came out to CA for Covid?   Or have they lived in BH for a while?  

Anyone?  Buehler?   Anyone? 

• Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Or have they lived in BH for a while?

They always split their time between the two, but are more full time in LA and have been for a long time, like since the kids left the house.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mar said:

It sounds and looks like Sutton raised a lovely, lovely daughter with great values. I wish I could say the same for Rinna.🙄

Ha!  Rinna's daughters told her they learned how to give blowjobs from reading her book.  

• LOL 9
(edited)
14 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

The lip injections didn't fall that far from the syringe,huh?? Yikes!

I had to modify that a little 🤣 

7 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

I've asked that before too.  For some reason I always thought Kathy Hilton lived in NYC.  Maybe they just came out to CA for Covid?   Or have they lived in BH for a while?  

Anyone?  Buehler?   Anyone? 

I always thought their main house was BH? Way back in Paris' heyday, wasn't she always somewhere around the LA area? (I didn't really pay attention to her though) But thought that they were pretty bicoastal?

Jinx!

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Thumper said:

No  Ericka fan, but I can’t imagine that she would ever have complained about Tom on the show previously.  Wouldn’t he just have forced her off the show if she showed a negative side to him or their marriage?

This may be the closest I’ll come to a defense of Erika. Many times I got the sense that she was the “bird in the gilded cage”. She made a deal with the devil named Tom Girardi for the life she had. I don’t know if that dynamic would have been any different if RHBH never happened. He held so much over her — the young cocktail waitress meets high-powered older attorney is a cool story, but it has cost her plenty. Especially now. In Tom’s scenes with the other women she always seemed a bit uncomfortable. Their shows of affection seemed forced, too, and more like father-daughter, and she has never seemed happy or content with her life. It just never seemed to be a healthy relationship. But I guess she figured that what she got in return was worth it — sure beats waiting tables at a bar, I guess. 

I would not be the least surprised if at some point she claims emotional abuse, (maybe she has — can’t keep up) — and I won’t judge that. But the bottom line is that if she played any part in this scam, she has to be held accountable. As other people have said, this has been all about HER so far, with barely a thought for all the poor people Tom defrauded. That doesn’t sit well with me, if she is truly also a victim of Tom’s. 

• Love 10
(edited)
3 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

always thought their main house was BH?

They live in Bel Air. They moved more full time to NY when Paris was in high school. She went to the Dwight SchooL with a friend of mine.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

They live in Bel Air. They moved more full time to NY when Paris was in high school. She went to the Dwight SchooL with a friend of mine.

Oo Bel Air is where the real money is! I lived all over Cali, but only played tourist around Bel Air, 😆 

I noticed I usually put the 💡 when you comment, you always have good info and excellent points! ❤️ 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

Sutton and Crystal's issues are boring.  I want to know why the housewives are acting so dumb about Erika!  What the heck?

I wonder if it's because they caught so much blow back for the way they treated the whole Denise thing so they are going the other direction now?  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Dorit has been rather benign so far this season. I forget that she is there. 

This is exactly why I think I'm liking her this go-round. She hasn't annoyed me at all!

1 minute ago, Cosmocrush said:

I wonder if it's because they caught so much blow back for the way they treated the whole Denise thing so they are going the other direction now?  

That's where I'm at. They went after Lisa V so hard over something relatively small, and tortured Denise over something stupid, yet they're practically giving Erika a halo--well, so far anyway. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ladle said:

Erika, drinking champagne by the pool at her lovely house, “All I have is my name.” 

🤔

Let her put one of her mink coats on to comfort herself.  And some jewelry.

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Mar said:

Erica: Not everybody likes what everyone wears. Sutton has worn some questionable shit.

oh, really?

AD194B80-1172-477A-8380-E8DC71E1C71B.jpeg.d67b32264c3bfd209b1c06d11f30e297.jpeg

Oh yes, the fruit roll-up get up!  I wonder if it tastes like strawberry or cherry?   LMAO

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

Did I miss when she was sitting at a table with all the girls and for no reason at all other then pure pissyness said loud enough to be overheard I can’t stand someone here then turn to that person later and have the balls to say her  mere existence upsets her and she must have been doing something weird when she got barged in on ( so insinuating that crystal was doing something nefarious or “bad” is ok but saying Crystal felt violated by Sutton walking into her room as she was undressed is beyond the pale? Am I getting that right?)  

Sutton did that Not crystal… 

Why is crystal defending herself from Suttons out of nowhere lunacy (literally out of nowhere) seen has an attack on Sutton but Sutton just deciding to start this shit up out of nowhere and for no just reason Not?

oh this poor dead horse tho … I think it’s down for the count lol 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Sutton's "introspection" has led her to the conclusion that it's Crystal's fault that Sutton walked in on her and made her feel badly. In my book, that's projection, not introspection.

And Crystal has admitted her feelings. She's admitted that she felt that Sutton's actions made her feel like her privacy was violated. For her honesty, what she's received in return is Sutton's fragile tears and hysteria, and the other women telling her that she should deny her own feelings in order to make fragile Sutton feel better.

I say good for Crystal for standing up to that barrage of ridiculousness. 

I'm actually quite impressed with Sutton, in spite of her need for some emotional help, has been able to stand the verbal abuse and not responded in like kind.  Ugly leather pants doesn't compare with the rude, self righteous name calling that she gets.  To me, when you start name calling, you've already showed me who you are and confident, it isn't.  THAT is the projection.  And since I'm beating this dead horse again (sorry Universe) let's not forget how Crystal really embellished the whole stupid scenario too.  I am always glad when someone stands up to a bully, however they do it, and Sutton is still standing. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

I'm actually quite impressed with Sutton, in spite of her need for some emotional help, has been able to stand the verbal abuse and not responded in like kind.  Ugly leather pants doesn't compare with the rude, self righteous name calling that she gets.  To me, when you start name calling, you've already showed me who you are and confident, it isn't.  THAT is the projection.  And since I'm beating this dead horse again (sorry Universe) let's not forget how Crystal really embellished the whole stupid scenario too.  I am always glad when someone stands up to a bully, however they do it, and Sutton is still standing. 

Sutton to Crystall “what crazy planet are you from?”, calls her pants ugly, says she must have been doing something weird in her room alone, silences her, states within her earshot that she doesn’t like her, tells her she can’t stand her very presence, etc. how are these things standing up to a bully? I mean your right it’s not responding in kind because Crystal has not said nearly as many things to her as Sutton has said to Crystal. 

4 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

She came for Sutton when she snarled at her "are you THAT" girl. 

In response to Sutton literally telling her she couldn’t speak about her experience  with racism as a Chinese American in a conversation Sutton wasn’t involved with and then Sutton attempted to make herself the “real” victim of prejudice in this country because she’s from the south. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

She came for Sutton when she snarled at her "are you THAT" girl. 

You mean during a conversation that she butted in on and basically told Crystal her view didn’t matter? That conversation? 

This whole rehashed and beaten to death topic started because Sutton tried to dismiss and wave off Crystals experience in a conversation that she wasn't even apart of ....I dont see color doesn't erase someone else's experience living their life as a POC and it wasn't about Sutton in that moment ...

Side note ..Rinna being so bored and needing human interaction that she would stand outside peoples houses to get some attention and camera time  (because we all know Harry doesn't give it to her) 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, politichick said:

Porter was lovely. Cracked me up when Rinna suggested a play date with her daughters and Sutton in her confessional was like, no ma'am. Plus, her ex-husband would likely have a fit! They have far greater expectations of their child than Lips (as someone here (?) referenced her). I bet Harry's a bit disappointed in his snowflakes. 

Missed the beginning, but suspect that Garcelle may have asked Crystal to bend because it's enough already and that hopefully will get Sutton, who she seems to genuinely care for, to STFU.

Erika is fake as fuck and has not uttered a single word of sympathy, or even empathy, for Tom's victims. She should not rest her hopes on an acting career once this is all over but should keep that body in shape in case she has to go on the pole again.

Well, he co-parented both, so his hands are dirty too.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10

Curious about timelines here. When did rumours that Tom had dementia first break?
The crying mascara scene with Erika and Kyle feels very much like the scene where Brandi just happened to stop by while Kyle was packing (ie.. clearly filmed much later then they tried to insert in the timeline)

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Was Kyle at Lake Tahoe when she was FaceTiming with Portia?  I can't remember.  

When Portia was reciting the classes she missed, I kept wondering where Mauritio was. Granted, I wouldn't expect him to be home during the middle of the day but why wasn't he helping to make sure Portia was up first thing in the morning?

I was also bored with Kyle feeling sorry for her situation in that she couldn't keep Portia entertained (or whatever).  Kyle, you don't work outside the house; it is part of your job to  help her stay engaged.  

Pick a subject to explore together. How about learning American Sign Language so they can have their own special language to use with each other?  Or haven't they sailed the Med?  How about spending some time really learning the history of the area, making foods specific to the region, etc.  Reading books together, watching classic movies together, working on swimming, making an obstacle course in your backyard, etc.

And Kathy's wreathes were just plain creepy!!!

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, albarino said:

. Granted, I wouldn't expect him to be home during the middle of the day but why wasn't he helping to make sure Portia was up first thing in the morning?

Where would he be? LA was pretty lockdown for non-essential workplaces. Even showings were somewhat curtailed and I doubt he does a ton of those anymore. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I mean technically, did Crystal actually call Sutton names? She said Sutton's behaviors were manic and her behavior was weird and creepy, which is a difference, and then retracted all of them.

**Wait..didn't she call her crazy at some point? If yeah, then they both did, so that cancels each one out, lol.

It seems to me that, at this point, Sutton has done more toward Crystal than vice versa. I haven't heard Sutton apologize for anything at all except the accidental boobie viewing. (Oops she did apologize for the pants, but then made fun of them again in her TH, so..)

Yes, I'm an unrepentant dead horse beater.

12 minutes ago, albarino said:

Was Kyle at Lake Tahoe when she was FaceTiming with Portia?  I can't remember.  

When Portia was reciting the classes she missed, I kept wondering where Mauritio was. Granted, I wouldn't expect him to be home during the middle of the day but why wasn't he helping to make sure Portia was up first thing in the morning?

I was also bored with Kyle feeling sorry for her situation in that she couldn't keep Portia entertained (or whatever).  Kyle, you don't work outside the house; it is part of your job to  help her stay engaged.  

Pick a subject to explore together. How about learning American Sign Language so they can have their own special language to use with each other?  Or haven't they sailed the Med?  How about spending some time really learning the history of the area, making foods specific to the region, etc.  Reading books together, watching classic movies together, working on swimming, making an obstacle course in your backyard, etc.

And Kathy's wreathes were just plain creepy!!!

I love your ideas! That would have been a great bonding experience for them. Kyle also kept making it sound like Portia is a very little girl. Isn't she around 12-13 years of now? She can't keep herself busy with activities?

Agreed on Kathy's creepy wreaths! Lol

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Forgot the weird!
  • Love 9