Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: A Pretty Meltdown

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CainF said:

Maybe Erika can get a spin-off, "Erika on Suicide Watch,"  and the show could feature many more segments, long segments, too, of Erika bad-mouthing Tom and in the same breath wanting to ease his pain.  Sutton could move over to the spin-off as kind of the crazy neighbor who pops in for no reason whatsoever, except to remind anyone who's listening that she would never judge without having all the facts.  Rinna can guest and wonder, in that Kappa Kappa Gamma way, why Sutton would ever judge without the facts, although the more likely question on these shows should always be why wouldn't you judge without the facts?  It's a thing around here.  

“Erika on Suicide Watch” I. Die!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ancslove said:

Also, Sutton joking at the end of the dinner about learning to lock the door rang strange.  If this were (overtly) scripted, I'd say that line should've gone to Crystal.  Sutton making the joke is 1)weird because she seems to so desperately want that moment forgotten and 2) very close to victim blaming.  That basically this whole ordeal, which has been so terrible for Sutton because now people might think she's a violator, would never have happened if only Crystal had locked her door.  Not "if only Sutton had waited for Crystal to say she can enter".

Crystal really nailed it--she wants Crystal to apologize for something Sutton did. That last line is a way to "jokingly" get in yet another dig about how this was all about Crystal putting Sutton in a bad position and if Crystal's going to be so unreasonable about people seeing her naked (or is going to be up to something nefarious in her room!) it's up to her to lock her doors.

Poor Erika is trying really hard to build this character who loved Tom despite Tom never loving her and really being cruel to her even when she was weeping over his disintegration. That makes both of them incapable of doing all these crimes. Unfortunately, the persona that Erika's been pushing all these years makes her really miscast in this role. She's stuck playing against type all the time.

6 minutes ago, Julyolo said:

Exactly. And now that her game is hopping on the dementia train, doesn't that somewhat invalidate all her prior statements about how horrible he was to her? Now she has some context for the behavior changes she's alleging.. Hostility and secrecy are quite common initial indicators in people with declining cognitive functions. I saw little empathy from her regarding his situation from her tonight, but attempting a narrative of self defining as a "victim", "poor brave little me plucky girl". IMO she's somewhere on the spectrum of a sociopath narcissist.

Yeah, funny how she doesn't put those things together. Like an actual person struggling with dementia *wouldn't* want to talk about the problems she was noticing. That's pretty standard. But I guess that was after the thing not long ago when she was sued and that was also Tom's fault but he wouldn't tell her what was really going on? The thing she mentioned in the show? I didn't follow those headlines.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 3

Not an Ericka fan by any means, but I can understand her not airing any dirty laundry through the years.  Who would.?   She may have felt it, but she was on TV and she was benefitting from the publicity and the money.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I recorded this so I’m behind in watching. I really like that Herve Leger gown Rinna showed.  But I’d be concerned about storing all those designer dresses in the garage with car exhaust and gasoline tanks.  

Haha!  Well she put it on a pretty filthy looking garage floor so I don't think she's too worried. 

By the way are we (and by we I mean me) supposed to know who Eyal Booker is? 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Ya know Crystal should just say, "I'm not gonna take back THE word 'cause that's how it felt to me.  Of course, I have a long, well known history with body issues and secretive tatics to hide my eating disorders, so I likely overacted and am continuing to see the whole situation through a pretty dysfunctional lense"

And Sutton should just confess "Oh I'm only bringing it up again 'cause I completely forgot to bring a birthday present and that whole "southern belle gift in hand" is my thing...so imagine how awkward, embarrased and ashame I feel right now.  The only way I could try to divert the shame was to act like a victim again. It has nothing really to do with you Crystal"

Then everything would make sense and they could change thd subject amd move on.

And...yeah...lying liar who lies and switched to non-waterproof mascara.  Ug. 

• Love 19
(edited)

Scene: Erika meets Kyle at the park:

Erika: ”Snot running down my nose….greasy fingers smearing designer clothes”

Kyle: “Wait a minute! You’re not Erika…you’re Aqualung!”

Edited by Feech
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Andi27 said:

And it sounds like she goes even farther next week. She thought he was out with other women but it turns out he was just wondering around lost? What did she/anyone do about it? Why was he still practicing law up to the day she left him?

I'm about to get whiplash. She spent practically the whole hour demonizing Tom for his coldness and distance. Now suddenly he's just an old dude with dementia?

Guess she wants all the bases covered.

Re: Violategate - Crystal insists she was correct in using the word, but violate describes an intentional failure to respect another person's privacy. Sutton knocked and stumbled in; there was nothing deliberate about her finding Crystal en deshabille.

Otherwise, yes, Sutton's pretty indefensible.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, renatae said:

Sutton knocked and stumbled in; there was nothing deliberate about her finding Crystal en deshabille.

Just because one knocks doesn’t mean they should enter when they get no response.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I have always been EXTREMELY curious about the Hamlin/Rinna finances. I think their house is nice with a great yard and privacy (Rinna needs to part ways with the shabby chic and the rat-kitchen does need to be modernized) - Harry has had that house since before his marriage to Rinna. He's had two divorces but no children from those relationships. Both he & Rinna have worked for decades in television, and although Rinna probably doesn't take the lion's share of the profits from the QVC line she was the face for a long time - enough time to make bank.

Yet - they've done two reality shows and Rinna actually said the Depends contract saved their bacon. I have no problem believing they are not extravagant with their spending (and I think they also have a home in Canada). It seems like a great life, but it also seems like they should need a little less hustle at this point.

I wonder if they lost a bunch when her boutique went belly up. Or during some of the financial downturns. Because I agree—they don’t live high on the hog and they’ve been pretty steady workers for a long time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I guess Erika will be able reclaim the part of Roxie Hart since she will have prison experience, maybe she can orchestrate the Jail House Players performance of "Chicago."

The running mascara was a nice touch, didn't work but it was a nice try.

Kathy is a mystery to me, one minute she is a doddering old woman, the next she looks young, then she is funny pulling everything out of her bag like Mary Poppins, then she is the consummate hostess (albeit in PJ's), then it is 3pm and she is up for the day finally and howling with her dog Sue, who names a dog Sue?

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Thumper said:

I really like that Herve Leger gown Rinna showed.

Me, too!

But Rinna—you need to store the vintage dresses in one of those pod things in the backyard  because car exhaust is very bad for delicate fabrics.

8 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:
8 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Erica is so destitute she cannot afford waterproof mascara or Kleenex ? …..or was that all for effect?

Haha I was just coming here to ask that! Funny how she had waterproof mascara during her TH.

Sure looked like she was wearing waterproof mascara and lashes to me!

Either that or—gasp!—she wasn't really crying, just pretending to cry.  And not particularly well.

Loved the .5 second throwaway shot of Erika loading up her own washing machine.  The horror!  The horror!

Also loved the way Rinna seemed to have been appointed Ambassador this episode, kinda like RHOBH's versiom of Tim Gunn, visiting all the ladiesn in and out of quarantine.  Say what you will about Rinna, she's the hardest-working woman on reality television.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

So apparently in Rhinna’s world, possibly having sex is far more shocking  and despicable and calls for trashing a 20 year friendship, than ripping off widows and orphans. Why isn’t she driven to get to the bottom of this and confront Errika rather than kiss her ass and say she believes her. 

My guess is that Rinna is dying to get to the bottom of this but remembers the blowback from how she treated Denise. So this time around, she's playing the role of a Good Friend and hoping to get all the juicy details without alienating the audience.

8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Was Mikey off camera spraying Erika with a squirt gun to make her mascara run that much? 

I love you so much for this visual! Obnoxious Mikey is Abby Lee Miller and the Dance Moms in a single package!

7 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Oh baby Kyle on Little House on the Prairie(?)  was super cute.  I love how they can just pull that clip out of the last century.

Yes! Maybe the Housewives franchise could benefit from an infusion of former child stars instead of soulless attention-seeking assholes.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
(edited)

To me Kyles crying seems the fakest. It’s the voice breaking and going up yet I never notice tears. Poor thing holed up in her beautiful home for 2 weeks. Poor Portia doing her nails and content at home. 
I really hope Sutton and Crystal can move on from the violate gate and never discuss it again.  When the others mention Tom they need to make sure they say Tom Girardi the way Lisa says Harry Hamlin as not to be confused with a peeping Tom or Tomasina. 
I don’t know what to think about Erika. I feel the tears are for her loss of $. 
I do think Tom was a jerk to her but it was fine as long as the cash was rolling in. If the money was still there would she divorce an 81 year old man with declining health?

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Love 15
40 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I really hope Sutton and Crystal can move on from the violate gate and never discuss it again. 

....From your lips to Gods ears ...Sutton would have to let the mouse go (since she is the one that keeps making this an issue even after 2 times of saying she had moved on) But then what would she use to emotionally blackmail the girls into giving her attention tho?

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Erika posing posing … and that’s called Acting ladies and gentlemen 

I noticed in one of her talking heads she’s all teary eyed… and doing everything possible to NOT BLINK… which makes your eyes water!

Crying on cue 101.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

ETA: I can't with Sutton. And Crystal is right. She wants Crystal to apologize for Sutton's actions. And she cries because she wants empathy.

Seriously.  That Sutton wants Crystal to apologize to her--and won't let it go--is really grating.   She's weaponized her tears and "southern fragility" to try and get everyone on her side and to gang up on Crystal, which is super shitty. 

The scene in Rinna's garage was cringey, with Lisa trying so hard to be the 'cool mom,' but I did get a chuckle of the shot of all the toilet paper stocked in there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

The scene in Rinna's garage was cringey, with Lisa trying so hard to be the 'cool mom,' but I did get a chuckle of the shot of all the toilet paper stocked in there. 

Were they a side payment for her Depends commercial?

• LOL 13

Erika's only crying because her gravy train's been derailed. I felt strangely cold watching her cry on television which disturbed me because normally I'd feel more empathy. There's no way Erika's the long-suffering wife that put up with so many hurtful jabs and didn't tell anyone because "no one would believe me" - baloney - we all saw Tom belittle Erika on television. She just didn't care at the time because - $$$. She'd never have been able to set foot in Beverly Hills without him. The dripping mascara was almost as gross as how she blatantly ignores the crime victims.

When Crystal refused to apologize the shock and exasperation on everyone's face (except Kathy, who's face doesn't move) was extremely telling. It's obvious everyone thought at least some sort of apology was deserved, warranted and forthcoming and even these girls couldn't believe what they were witnessing. Crystal is an utterly cold, mean girl using her prior friendship with Kathy as confidence to pick on the "other new housewife". Sutton was absolutely right not to let it go because Crystal never will. 

It's refreshing to see Sutton's daughter who's smart, adjusted and naturally beautiful - in direct contrast to Crystal's screaming brat throwing a fit during the workout session with the trainer. Crystal's husband gives me Woody Allen vibes.

Although I cringed to see those beautiful dresses stored in a garage next to gas cans and thrown on the floor, I enjoyed Lisa's stories about them. If Erika Jayne was forced to keep her collection in the garage - oh, the tragedy!

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
22 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

If I never see the words "cold" or "mean" used to describe Crystal again, it won't be too soon. The fact that she is unwilling to prostrate herself to Sutton's hysteria is not, IMO, proof that she is either "cold" or "mean." It's just proof that she is immune to the kind of weaponized fragility that Sutton usually finds effective on other people. 

Thank you ....What sane person would Keep apologizing to someone for attacking them repeatedly? She has done it 3 times now.. she has said she will not speak about it again and the only thing she will not take back is how she felt and the word she used (and even said she wont bring the word up again but wont take it back)  .... again the only one keeping this ALIVE is Sutton that's beyond fucked up ....

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

All it shows to me is that the rest of the women are easily manipulated by Sutton's fragile tears.

That's exactly how I see it too.  Crystal has apologized.  Multiple times for multiple things and she has agreed to let things go.  And she has tried to do that until others bring things up and Sutton starts crying again.

What the other women are doing with Sutton reminds me of something I think I've read on an advice column--it's the broken stair syndrome.  Instead of trying to fix the stair, they have everyone else try to go around it because it's easier.  So it's easier to try to get Crystal to do what Sutton wants than to ask that Sutton live up to previous agreements to let. this. go!

• Useful 4
  • Love 19
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Seriously.  That Sutton wants Crystal to apologize to her--and won't let it go--is really grating.   She's weaponized her tears and "southern fragility" to try and get everyone on her side and to gang up on Crystal, which is super shitty. 

I’ve gone back and forth between Sutton and Crystal and now I’m on Crystals side. At first I thought she could be more compassionate to Sutton’s loony breakdowns but now I’m thinking enough. Sutton started the whole thing back to the first episode when she rudely interrupted Crystal, got upset with her during the car ride after the fake martini joke, took a coat to her to show she’s a good person only to barge in on the woman and then apologize- get mad, apologize- get mad.......etc. make it stop Sutton! 

The toilet paper!  I have to admit during this time period I was picking up some during my weekly grocery store trip. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Crystal is an utterly cold, mean girl using her prior friendship with Kathy as confidence to pick on the "other new housewife". Sutton was absolutely right not to let it go because Crystal never will. 

Crystal has been attempting to let it go. Repeatedly. Sutton is the one who needs to let the mouse go and move the fuck on already.

Rinna is a hard worker and will take every opportunity she thinks will make them a buck.

Except for Diving With The Stars! Even Rinna has some standards.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Thumper said:

Not an Ericka fan by any means, but I can understand her not airing any dirty laundry through the years.  Who would.?   She may have felt it, but she was on TV and she was benefitting from the publicity and the money.

We saw Tom's stolen money at work for years with her no talent show. She didn't give a crap how much he talked to her as long as he paid for her nonsense Erika Jayne persona. When you marry fir money, you can spare me with " he wasn't an attentive husband"  It was a business deal. No sympathy for that Sociopath. 

9 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

You don't have to go broke or to jail or bury a body (lol) to know who your friends are Erika.  Just stop paying them.   I assume she's talking about her entourage. 

And please don't try and tell us your stupid act made any money at all.   Outside of maybe your stint on Broadway your act was a money pit that Tom kept going with allegedly stolen money. 

Exactly.

• Love 19
7 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Crystal has been attempting to let it go. Repeatedly. Sutton is the one who needs to let the mouse go and move the fuck on already.

Except for Diving With The Stars! Even Rinna has some standards.

Crystal won’t coddle Sutton the way everyone else does. I notice how Garcelle, Kyle, even Dorit got up to go over to Sutton and left Crystal standing there not sure what to do. 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, politichick said:

Porter was lovely. Cracked me up when Rinna suggested a play date with her daughters and Sutton in her confessional was like, no ma'am. Plus, her ex-husband would likely have a fit! They have far greater expectations of their child than Lips (as someone here (?) referenced her). I bet Harry's a bit disappointed in his snowflakes. 

Missed the beginning, but suspect that Garcelle may have asked Crystal to bend because it's enough already and that hopefully will get Sutton, who she seems to genuinely care for, to STFU.

Erika is fake as fuck and has not uttered a single word of sympathy, or even empathy, for Tom's victims. She should not rest her hopes on an acting career once this is all over but should keep that body in shape in case she has to go on the pole again.

Was it Rinna, that  suggested the "play date"? I thought it was Sutton who brought it up, then backtracked in her TH. Not that i blame her. The Hamlin daughters are not  girls that Porter needs in her life.

• Love 18
11 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I have always been EXTREMELY curious about the Hamlin/Rinna finances. I think their house is nice with a great yard and privacy (Rinna needs to part ways with the shabby chic and the rat-kitchen does need to be modernized) - Harry has had that house since before his marriage to Rinna. He's had two divorces but no children from those relationships. Both he & Rinna have worked for decades in television, and although Rinna probably doesn't take the lion's share of the profits from the QVC line she was the face for a long time - enough time to make bank.

Yes to this. Of all the HW couples on BH, Lisa and Harry I think are the ones most likely to not have a mortgage and to have their primary home fully paid for. 

But yes lawd, the interior needs a makeover! That kitchen needs to be cleansed with fire after that rat infestation and ugh tile counters are the devil.  I am personally offended by the leopard print carpeting I saw on the stairs. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Scene: Erika meets Kyle in the park:

Erika: This is the end….beautiful friend…this is the end……my only friend….the end

Kyle: Wait a minute now you are Jim Morrison? Did you listen to a classic rock station on your way over here?

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Sutton threw a fit and said she was leaving.  So why why why didn't she just leave?!   Happy Birthday Garcelle.  

I can't remember 100%, but didn't Kyle try to get her to stay? But even then, she still should have left. I have been backing up Sutton but she is slowly losing my support. She claims to have manners but loudly says she can't be around someone she doesn't like? At some point she needs to just be an adult and act civil to Crystal. And for christ sake, let the mouse go!

• Love 8

It was great to see Crystal show the same icy disdain and lack of empathy to the grifter who stole from the pain and suffering of burn victims and widows and orphans…oh wait a minute…. She’s tongue bathing her ass…..nevermind.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I’ve gone back and forth between Sutton and Crystal and now I’m on Crystals side. At first I thought she could be more compassionate to Sutton’s loony breakdowns but now I’m thinking enough. Sutton started the whole thing back to the first episode when she rudely interrupted Crystal, got upset with her during the car ride after the fake martini joke, took a coat to her to show she’s a good person only to barge in on the woman and then apologize- get mad, apologize- get mad.......etc. make it stop Sutton! 

Yeah, I do not like Crystal. Her talking heads turn me off as much as her resting bitch face (which I also have, so am usually sympathetic). But I have to say, enough is enough from Sutton and I do think it was misplaced anger at the dinner. She was embarassed about the gift and focused on Crystal. She needs to let it go  but so do the rest if the shit stirring bitches. Let it go. Time to move on to the main attraction, watching Erika try to convince the world she us a victim. I am glad to see that she us clearly not succeeding with members of this forum. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, Feech said:

It was great to see Crystal show the same icy disdain and lack of empathy to the grifter who stole from the pain and suffering of burn victims and widows and orphans…oh wait a minute…. She’s tongue bathing her ass…..nevermind.

ERIKA wasn't screaming at her that she should apologize for her feelings and that she MUST have been doing something "weird" in her room .. I mean apples and oranges on that one ...

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, Andi27 said:

And it sounds like she goes even farther next week. She thought he was out with other women but it turns out he was just wondering around lost? What did she/anyone do about it? Why was he still practicing law up to the day she left him?

100% agree.  We lost my FIL to dementia a few years ago.  From diagnosis to death was just 2 years.  He was also in his 70s at diagnosis.  

What loving wife would divorce a spouse for (possibly) dementia?

Perhaps the one that knew the house of cards was coming down. 

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, PDXlulu said:

100% agree.  We lost my FIL to dementia a few years ago.  From diagnosis to death was just 2 years.  He was also in his 70s at diagnosis.  

Crystal. She was taking notes for when “Lion King Guy” starts to circle of life down the drain.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, PDXlulu said:

Perhaps the one that knew the house of cards was coming down. 

What does a loving wife have to do with Erika? This was a business transaction and Tom did not keep up his end of the business deal-the money ran out. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4