Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E09: A Pretty Meltdown

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

The more I think of Erika's fake mascara tears, the more it pisses me off! How can anyone feel sorry for her when she has shown no sympathy to the people/families whose money was taken from them? Her tears are because she is no longer going to have the lifestyle she thought she earned/deserved, so yeah I am not feeling any sympathy for her. 

In my opinion, if she had an iota of character and wanted to protect her reputation for future endeavors, she would be working with her attorneys to put a lot of her assets up for auction with the proceeds to go to a fund for the victims.  At least that's what I would do in her situation.  I'd rather beat the courts to seizing my assets and just voluntarily relinquish them.  If she is facing prison time, I would also think such a gesture would get her a much lesser sentence.  

Of course, we're talking about Erika who apparently had no qualms about walking away from her child for her own gain, so I'm sure this will never happen.  

I hope her eyes burned like hell for hours after that fake mascara-dripping scene.  

mascara.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 17
13 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

In my opinion, if she had an iota of character and wanted to protect her reputation for future endeavors, she would be working with her attorneys to put a lot of her assets up for auction with the proceeds to go to a fund for the victims.  At least that's what I would do in her situation.  I'd rather beat the courts to seizing my assets and just voluntarily relinquish them.  If she is facing prison time, I would also think such a gesture would get her a much lesser sentence.  

Of course, we're talking about Erika who apparently had no qualms about walking away from her child for her own gain, so I'm sure this will never happen.  

I hope her eyes burned like hell for hours after that fake mascara-dripping scene.  

mascara.gif

Yes to all of this! Any decent person would probably do that, but this is Erika, and I don't think she is a decent person from what we know about her. 

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

The more I think of Erika's fake mascara tears, the more it pisses me off! How can anyone feel sorry for her when she has shown no sympathy to the people/families whose money was taken from them? Her tears are because she is no longer going to have the lifestyle she thought she earned/deserved, so yeah I am not feeling any sympathy for her. 

How will she make it with only the clothes, shoes, bags, hats, etc. she took with her, poor thing.  And that little house with a pool,light and airy.  She would rather be in that old dreary dark big house that she says wasn’t hers?  Give me a break.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
(edited)
2 minutes ago, ladle said:

It's funny because when Erika first came on the show I remember remarking to my husband, a lawyer, that while I know there are lawyers who do extremely well for themselves I didn't realize that any were in the "F.U. money," two-private-planes income bracket.  And he said, "Because they aren't."  But I too just thought it must be a result of good investments and/or family money on Tom's side and/or that they're living beyond their means (like everyone else on RHW).  My mind didn't immediately go to "defrauding widows." 

I  wondered this too, because while they do make a good salary, her spending alone was outrageous. Didn't she spend 40k a month on her glam squad (probably not including the clothes or shoes, etc)? That just didn't add up to me.  I guess it didn't matter where the money was coming from to her as long as she could keep spending, 

Edited by MissFeatherbottom
  • Love 18
11 minutes ago, ladle said:

It's funny because when Erika first came on the show I remember remarking to my husband, a lawyer, that while I know there are lawyers who do extremely well for themselves I didn't realize that any were in the "F.U. money," two-private-planes income bracket.  And he said, "Because they aren't."  But I too just thought it must be a result of good investments and/or family money on Tom's side and/or that they're living beyond their means (like everyone else on RHW).  My mind didn't immediately go to "defrauding widows." 

1 minute ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I  wondered this too, because while they do make a good salary, her spending alone was outrageous. Didn't she spent 40k a month on her glam squad (probably not including the clothes or shoes, etc)? That just didn't add up to me.  I guess it didn't matter where the money was coming from to her as long as she could keep spending, 

I agree.    

I just assumed with that huge windfall he came into from the PG&E Hinkley case, he had just invested very wisely and was reaping the rewards of that massive settlement.  

Good thing Erin Brockovich was so heavily involved in that case and personally involved with those claimants so Girardi didn't embezzle from them as well. I've no doubt Brockovich would have blown the whistle on him immediately.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I  wondered this too, because while they do make a good salary, her spending alone was outrageous. Didn't she spend 40k a month on her glam squad (probably not including the clothes or shoes, etc)? That just didn't add up to me.  I guess it didn't matter where the money was coming from to her as long as she could keep spending, 

Is it a fact that he defrauded widows?  Was it proven?  I haven’t kept up to date.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I agree.    

I just assumed with that huge windfall he came into from the PG&E Hinkley case, he had just invested very wisely and was reaping the rewards of that massive settlement.  

Good thing Erin Brockovich was so heavily involved in that case and personally involved with those claimants so Girardi didn't embezzle from them as well. I've no doubt Brockovich would have blown the whistle on him immediately.  

I admit to being a poor, and so had no clue whether or not what Erika has showcased of their wealth was excessive or not vs his earnings lol. I did think the two planes were questionable, but thought he might've shared them, or they were the firm's assets. I did think her parties and stuff were sponsored, like ol Tori Spelling used to do.

Is anyone aware if Erin B has reacted publicly to all of it yet? 

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Was and were in wrong sentences!
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

Is it a fact that he defrauded widows?  Was it proven?  I haven’t kept up to date.

I don’t know what kind of proof you need. It is well documented that he received major settlements and has not paid out to the clients to which they are owed. 

• Love 8
(edited)
24 minutes ago, amarante said:

I don’t know what kind of proof you need. It is well documented that he received major settlements and has not paid out to the clients to which they are owed. 

It may have been in the East Coast papers .. I don’t remember, and I wasn’t watching BH at the time.  Erika seems she made out very well tho.  So his clients didn’t get their due.  Where did the money go is right.  Kind of obvious, and the rest of them are comforting her?   Thank you btw.

Edited by Hangin Out
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

It may have been in the East Coast papers .. I don’t remember, and I wasn’t watching BH at the time.  Erika seems she made out very well tho.  So his clients didn’t get their due.  Where did the money go is right.  Kind of obvious, and the rest of them are comforting her?   Thank you btw.

Do you by chance have Hulu, @Hangin Out?

If you do, I highly recommend checking out The Hustler and The Housewife.  It sheds a whole lot of light on the Girardis and their shenanigans over the years.

Hell, or maybe sign up for the free 7-day trial just to check it out.  It's definitely worth the watch, especially how long Girardi has been bilking his clients (decades).  

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
58 minutes ago, Hangin Out said:

Erika seems she made out very well tho.  So his clients didn’t get their due.  Where did the money go is right.  Kind of obvious, and the rest of them are comforting her?

Erika is still right in the middle of it, it’s a long way from over.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

It is and IIRC, Julianne Phillips, who was the alleged victim, has denied it happened. 

That's what I thought too. Tbh, I feel bad for Harry. The way Rinna flipped out on Kim, I'm sure there's stuff they want hidden. But that doesn't mean rape. 

4) Another potentially unpopular (?) opinion: I feel for Portia!  Yes, she is a child who has immense privilege.  And Kyle can be a self-centered mean girl/shit-stirrer but I believe she loves her girls fiercely and in this case, as a mother, I completely get where she's coming from!  I don't think it's as simple as Portia should sit around in her big house and be thankful she's not homeless or hungry.  Yes, she should be thankful!  But!  This pandemic has had physical and psychological repercussions for children and adults alike and, while I only have younger children, I've heard from friends that it's actually been worse on their teens than the younger kids.  I do wish anyone on this show -- anyone at all! -- would recognize their privilege in comparison to many Americans during the pandemic (Emily on O.C. did!  *golf clap*!), but I can't fault Portia for reacting poorly to a global pandemic or Kyle for being concerned about her.  I can, however, fault Kyle for that awful banana-colored dress she's wearing in some of the interstices.    

Exactly. If Kyle had the attitude of "Portia, we're rich. I really don't care if you're alone, miss out on life, or sleep through the day or whatever." That would gross me out. She's very nurturing when it comes to her girls, and it's the thing I like best about her. Honestly, it's why I always have a soft spot for Kyle even when I see the mean girl side. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

This.  I have no idea how much Ericka knew, but her treatment of others over the years has been so cold and angry/viperlike that I would not want to be friends with her. 

And didn't she say at some point that she didn't like being friends with women?  Am I misremembering this? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Erika should have known for the past two years that there was a problem. That’s when the law suits from the unpaid litigation loans were filed and became public. I think we even posted about the suits on this board. What we saw in the episode the other night was her attempt to establish a blameless, unknowing innocent wife alibi. He’s so closed off; I was sued and he wouldn’t tell me about it (that was a red flag - why didn’t you pick up the phone and call your lawyer?); Ladies, look at your bank statements (this was an obvious proactive attempt to answer the question about how she never noticed large sums being transferred to her businesses). The funny thing is that Erika actually held most of the financial leverage in that marriage. Since California is a community property state, she would have opened pandora's box by filing for divorce and claiming her half of the community property. Lawyers would have been all over the financial affairs and the machinations would have been discovered much earlier. Therefore, I think Tom would never have filed for divorce from her because that would have lead to scrutiny of his finances.

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Raiderred said:

And didn't she say at some point that she didn't like being friends with women?  Am I misremembering this? 

Nope, I remember that too. She said she had issues with girls at school when she was young and never had a group of women friends. She also mentioned that she "looks a certain way" when she discussed this with Kathryn. I think she said she does have female friends, but that they are few and far between. She said Yolanda was someone she considered a good friend. I couldn't tell if she really was or a "Hollywood friend," as Yolanda would say, just an ally for the show.

I don't side eye anyone if they don't have a gazillion friends or SATC type of group. I personally do not. But anytime I hear someone say they just generally don't care for women friends, I figure something is up with them. They're normally the ones who are jealous or dramatic or whatever it is they're saying is their issue with women. Erika is gorgeous, and I'm sure some women are intimidated by her looks. But not all women care if someone is prettier, richer, gets more attention, whatever. I'd also imagine Erika would have an easy time finding fellow hot blonde sugar babies in LA. I know it's unpopular, but I do see a sweet, vulnerable side to Erika. (Still not sure what she knew regarding Tom's dirty work.) I think her temper probably makes her hard to deal with though. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5658707

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, janiema said:

Ladies, look at your bank statements (this was an obvious proactive attempt to answer the question about how she never noticed large sums being transferred to her businesses).

She signed documents to get those sums, so no, she is lying if she says she didn't know about the transfers.  And she's an officer of that company, so the buck stops there.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, Raiderred said:

That was her opinion which she expressed numerous times over her seasons. 

I remember it because I am always suspicious of women who claim to not have any female friends because my experience is completely the opposite. 

I mean with Erika it essentially means she would have no friends because she obviously isn't going to have platonic friendships with straight men because that is really preposterous. Neither the Mrs. Girardi persona nor the Pat My Puss persona are the type to actually have "friendships" with men 

So she has her glam squad that she paid for and her cast mates who she is now claiming to be friends conveniently even though up until relatively recently she didn't exhibit any real signs of friendship with any of them. I realize they all have strategic alliances but I do think Kyle was actually friends with Lisa V until it all got tossed aside and she does have the long term friendship with the morally corrupt Faye Resnick. 

Garcelle has genuine relationships with other women which is why I think she was so blown away by Rinna's willingness to trash Denise last season. I don't think Garcelle is ride or die to a fault but I don't think she would ever gratuitously go out of her way to trash someone who was her friend. She would just remain silent. I think the way she is playing it with the whole Erika situation since she isn't really supporting her or trashing her - she is just saying essentially that no one has information although she didn't hesitate to state the obvious that she was shocked that a marriage that was based on transactional gold digging didn't wait until Tom died. Of course that was before anyone knew what was to come - whether the divorce was a sham or the well had run dry - the divorce was NOT based on years of mistreatment by Tom.

I am truly curious as to how this will play out in terms of Rinna and Kyle as more and more irrefutable "receipts" become public. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

THIS! Jeeeezus the gall of this woman the makeup running down the face and not trying to wipe it was the tears of a clown. The story morphed from she is divorcing, she didn't know, he's a cow, to he's got cognitive problems in one episode. I laughed! She is NOT a good actress.

I was picturing her trying out different mascaras to see which one runs better. And I agree that no one doesn't swipe at the tears on their face.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, amarante said:

So she has her glam squad that she paid for and her cast mates who she is now claiming to be friends conveniently even though up until relatively recently she didn't exhibit any real signs of friendship with any of them.

I was thinking the exact same thing.  She couldn't care less about these women and now she is a clingy as Seran wrap.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

Ever since November or December 2020 it has been major news stories starting with the Chicago law firm that sued him back then on behalf of fees owed to their clients. I think they represented some of the victims of the Indonesian plane crash.

The Los Angeles Times has carried quite a few very comprehensive stories about Tom - these aren't "scandal" types of stories but investigative reports delineating exactly what Tom did; the numerous complaints against him and how it was covered up because of his power with influential people. Just this past week, the LA Times had an article on the guy in the State Bar who was supposed to be investigating ethical violations and how he was "in bed" with Tom for many years. 

And by "proof" - the poor guy who had a $12 million judgment because of his horrific burns has a lien against Tom and the law firm because Tom was paid the settlement and never paid the guy. That Tom embezzled the funds isn't in dispute - the only issue is how this guy will manage to collect his money since there are so many people victimized and only a finite amount of assets. That is why the Bankruptcy Trustee is suing Erika to claw back amounts that she was paid by Tom. 

Tom has no assets at this point except the Pasadena home that is currently on the market. Realistically he has no ability to earn money so that is a dead end. Erika is the one with the deep pockets because she has the whatever is left of the $25 million given to her company (or loaned) by Tom plus all of the jewelry, art, clothing etc. that are part of the joint assets. 

AND she has the ability to earn a living so if there is a judgment against her - which there will be - she will be on the hook and have to pay for it out of all of her future income. This doesn't depend on whether she "knew" of the embezzlement but only needs to show that the assets were part of the community property and not Erika's separate property. I personally think based on the law and the facts that it will be difficult for Erika to win a case in which she proves that these assets can't be clawed back and used to repay the victims owed.

• Useful 11
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 7/15/2021 at 3:10 PM, Shannah Banana said:

Crystal views Sutton as weak.  She has enough self preservation not to come after Erika and Kathy is her door to the life she covets. 

I actually feel like the entire CAST sees Sutton as weak and Crystal as totally fine, which is why the entire cast has to stop what they're doing to deal with Sutton's outbursts and demand apologies from Crystal that will never come.  It's remarkable.

There is something untouchable about Sutton that makes the women like Rinna, Kyle, and Garcelle all kowtow to her whereas Crystal is just garbage to them.  What is it?  Is it that Sutton is white?  That she's crazy?  I don't get it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

That's beyond the scope of this episode, though within the episode itself someone mentioned defrauding widows and orphans, which is why I brought it up.  I guess my point was that it's highly unlikely that he'd have that level of wealth just from being a good honest lawyer -- and I guess as a viewer I kind of knew that, yet I didn't immediately jump to the conclusion that he was doing anything unsavory.  So I guess I can't fault Erika for not jumping to that conclusion either.  (And, hey, maybe she knew all along?  Who knows!  But I can just as easily believe that she was in the dark... until she wasn't.)  

2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I actually feel like the entire CAST sees Sutton as weak and Crystal as totally fine, which is why the entire cast has to stop what they're doing to deal with Sutton's outbursts and demand apologies from Crystal that will never come.  It's remarkable.

There is something untouchable about Sutton that makes the women like Rinna, Kyle, and Garcelle all kowtow to her whereas Crystal is just garbage to them.  What is it?  Is it that Sutton is white?  That she's crazy?  I don't get it.

I agree with that. The group does tend to take it easy when one of them is throwing a tantrum. I remember they tried to console Erika during her meltdown in Hong Kong. Kyle's had many moments of behaving like a child too. Maybe they all take it easy when someone is in that state because most of them are women of a particular age? IDK. 

I don't think Crystal is garbage to them. They may not be as close to her or maybe haven't clicked with her, but I don't think any of them dislike her. I'm sure they were all like "wtf is wrong with Sutton?!" We need to calm her the heck down. 

On 7/15/2021 at 6:26 PM, Talented Tenth said:

Are people seeing themselves in Sutton or something?  Crystal is calm, cool and collected.  Sutton is always frazzled which is not anybody else's problem.

Maybe some are, but I can't relate to Sutton on much of anything. I actually relate much more to Crystal. I just have a soft spot for Sutton because I don't think she's malicious. I think she's awkward and hormonal. I'll take that over shadiness of most of the rest of the cast. 

• Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Denise was white. So was Vanderpump. Can we stop with the racial crap? I would bet Garcelle is likely the most popular HW in this show and likely a frontrunner in the whole franchise. Sutton comes across as fragile. I decided Crystal was a bitch from her talking heads primarily. "Rob and I are the exception", and a couple of other comments as well as her "you're just jealous" line-always the sign of a true smug, biotch.  I suspect the behavior of the others, especially Kyle and Rinna, is more about stirring shit than it is about protecting Sutton. Even they see that ganging up on her would be like kicking a puppy, but they don't care about her either. Erika just wants the attention anywhere but on her. This is classic Housewife stuff. It has nothing to do with race.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 20
(edited)

Crystal is a smug arrogant bitch from her tag line to her talking heads to her behavior on the show. She thinks she is above everyone because she snagged an older geek with her vagina. 

Her best friend is Teddy who is coaching her. I bet she told her Sutton was a good target because of her own issues with her. Crystal brings nothing to the table. No talent. No compelling story. Just smug bitchiness.

Edited by Feech
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Feech said:

Her best friend is Teddy who is coaching her. I bet she told her Sutton was a good target because of her own issues with her. Crystal brings nothing to the table. No talent. No compelling story. Just smug bitchiness.

I still don't get how Sutton going off on Crystal still gets described as Crystal targeting Sutton. Even if one thinks Crystal is a total bitch and Sutton's at a disadvantage because she's white, Sutton not only targeted Crystal here (not for the first time), she announced that she did that. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 8

My guess is that Erika is following Teresa Giudice's example here. The thing she wants to protect the most, I would imagine, is her relationship to the show. Because a). it's a source of income independent of Tom and b). it will give her a platform to "rebuild" whatever career she has left. So much like Teresa, Erika is going to blame Tom and hope that the audience does, too.

The problem with that strategy is that Erika has always presented herself as more intelligent and not as clueless about things in general than Teresa.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think Teresa was as clueless as she made herself out to be - but it is a lot easier to buy from her than from Erika.  Plus, Teresa had elements of her life that make her seem more sympathetic (like her young children and aging parents).

So I don't know if this strategy will work, but hey, it's a play when your entire world is coming apart. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)
20 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think it's that her reactions are so extreme and high-maintenance, she's exhausting. It's always easier to not wake the baby than to comfort the baby when it wakes up crying....I've had super high-maintenance co-workers before. It's not that I kowtow to them...it's that they flip out so easily, I'm very very careful when I have to be around them (such as in a work situation) because when they lose it, it is exhausting and annoying. Nobody wants to deal with all the fallout of another Sutton tantrum.

Re people standing by Erika...I volunteered for a nonprofit where the executive director, whom I spent a lot of time with, embezzled a huge amount of money from the organization. When the accusations first came out, she looked me dead in the eye, crying (real tears) and sincerely said she didn't do it. She seemed so sincere and so upset by the accusations, and my response was similar to Kyle's...this is not the person I know her to be, innocent until proven guilty, etc. It was not until I saw the overwhelming evidence of the embezzlement and she pled guilty that I realized she'd looked me square in the eye and lied her ass off.

It was an interesting life lesson for me into human nature. Narcissists can be incredibly convincing when they want. There's nothing about Erika that suggests to me she doesn't have a high degree of narcissism. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
On 7/16/2021 at 8:35 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think if Crystal were the one crying, agitated, anxious, they would gravitate towards her.  

Also possible they know her better in real life and this is not the usual Sutton they know.  If the behavior is unusual for Sutton, they may be wondering what is going on with her.  If I had a friend that was normally, well normal, and then I'm seeing irrational behavior from her, I'd probably be wondering what the hell is going on with her.

I was not the biggest fan of Crystal from the first several episodes, but other than her "jealous" comment I didn't like, she held her ground. If someone tells you that your mere presence alone sets them off, well, what are you supposed to do?  I love when she cut Rinna off about the apology.

I also think the woman believe Crystal over-dramatized getting walked in on with the use of language -- violated and creepy.  So they are seeing Sutton's side of that.Honestly, if I got walked in on and someone said snidely, "what's going on in here" or whatever Sutton said, I'd be ticked.  The correct response is "I'm so sorry -- I thought you said come in, my apologies!" 

Assuming Crystal's eating disorder and reaction to being walked in on are related, I hope that Crystal helps them understand why she being walked in on was particularly triggering for her.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 7
On 7/15/2021 at 8:52 AM, Cozytea said:

Was it Rinna, that  suggested the "play date"? I thought it was Sutton who brought it up, then backtracked in her TH. Not that i blame her. The Hamlin daughters are not  girls that Porter needs in her life.

I get emails from a site that gives info on some of the clothes these gals wear.  Among some other things,  I find it interesting to see who spends a ton on their clothes and who doesn’t. Sometimes I click just to see what something costs.  Erika had on a sweatshirt recently that was featured and I clicked on it and here is one of the brands models ( isn’t this Rinna’s kid that was in the pic with her nips and Scott Disick?):

24320E04-E5FC-496C-9F12-3BE2B03050DA.jpeg

• Useful 1
On 7/16/2021 at 3:08 PM, Persnickety1 said:

Do you by chance have Hulu, @Hangin Out?

If you do, I highly recommend checking out The Hustler and The Housewife.  It sheds a whole lot of light on the Girardis and their shenanigans over the years.

Hell, or maybe sign up for the free 7-day trial just to check it out.  It's definitely worth the watch, especially how long Girardi has been bilking his clients (decades).  

I did have Hulu for a few years and saw The Hustler and Housewife.  I wasn’t paying too much attention tho as I wasn’t watching BH then.  I can’t relate to how they live.  I started watching again the last year or so.  I just caught up on the Tom & Erika story tho, and realized he couldn’t have made that much for what they had. and spent, and how closed mouth she was and is about her life with him.  Thanks for all the info and your time about Hulu. 😀

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

I think if Crystal were the one crying, agitated, anxious, they would gravitate towards her.  

Also possible they know her better in real life and this is not the usual Sutton they know.  If the behavior is unusual for Sutton, they may be wondering what is going on with her.  If I had a friend that was normally, well normal, and then I'm seeing irrational behavior from her, I'd probably be wondering what the hell is going on with her.

I was not the biggest fan of Crystal from the first several episodes, but other than her "jealous" comment, she held her ground. If someone tells you that your mere presence alone sets them off, well, what are you supposed to do?

I also think the woman believe Crystal over-dramatized getting walked in on with the use of language -- violated and creepy.  So they are seeing Sutton's side of that.Honestly, if I got walked in on and someone said snidely, "what's going on in here" or whatever Sutton said, I'd be ticked.  The correct response is "I'm so sorry -- I thought you said come in, my apologies!" 

Assuming Crystal's eating disorder and reaction to being walked in on are related, I hope that Crystal helps them understand why she being walked in on was particularly triggering for her.  

17 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I get emails from a site that gives info on some of the clothes these gals wear.  Among some other things,  I find it interesting to see who spends a ton on their clothes and who doesn’t. Sometimes I click just to see what something costs.  Erika had on a sweatshirt recently that was featured and I clicked on it and here is one of the brands models ( isn’t this Rinna’s kid that was in the pic with her nips and Scott Disick?):

I don't think it is. Amelia is below.

Lisa-Rinna-Defends-Daughter-Amelia-Gray-  

(edited)
23 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

No, that's not Rinna's girl. It's this model here:

https://www.instagram.com/annaiiix/?hl=en

eta: I remembered her because of her very unusual brows!

I cain't spel
1 minute ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Ah, thank you both.  I think it was the lips and brows that had me thinking it was her.   Who knew my unibrow from the 80’s would one day be a sensation.

Haha! I really like that she just keeps them as they grow. Mine are thin and taper off, so I often have brow envy when I see lush ones! I'm tired of seeing the exact same stenciled-looking, same shape brows on everyone nowadays.

Amelia Hamlin always looks like she's zoned out or vacant behind the eyes in her pics. 

• Love 3

I haven’t read the whole thread but am I the only one who thinks Erika may really not have known? I have worked with plenty of high-powered, highly-sought after, extremely wealthy equity partners and (in my opinion) most of them are assholes at best and sociopaths at worst.  The way they talk about and to their wives - like they are idiots who are here just for show…but in a playful “joking” “little woman” kind of way - tracks with Erika’s description of Tom. I have seen these men “playfully” hold money over their wives head, discuss giving their wives money like it was a favor, and refer to their money exclusively as “my money.” 

It also makes sense to me that she would not bad mouth her gravy train until she decided to leave. Don’t burn a bridge until you cross it.  

It is entirely plausible to me that a wife of a world-famous plaintiff’s attorney would not have a full picture of their family’s finances, understand the implications or legality of various transfers, or would take her husbands word on their financial health. I’m not saying it’s right, just that it is plausible. She didn’t care about the money as long as it was there when she needed it. 

I am more interested in what his partners did or did not know. Was he the only person with access to the firm’s financials and trust accounts? Did they not notice him personally taking huge distributions and not making payments to clients? Did they not question the propriety of the alleged investments of the clients’ settlements or judgments? Did they not notice his alleged mental deterioration? Why did they not refuse to let him practice and/or report him to the california bar? They seem far better positioned to discover these crimes than Erica to me. 

if she was involved I hope she suffers the fullest extent of repercussions, but I see how she could actually be innocent. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I’m just getting to know Sutton and she seems like a very nice and caring person, but, she’s overly sensitive to everything and everyone.  I don’t think I could be comfortable with a friend like her.  I’d have to watch my p & q’s every minute.  I was taught from early on, never barge in to a closed door.  Always knock a few times until the person answers.  Common courtesy.  Sutton didn’t have to bring the coat up at night.  There was no need, and you don’t just barge in on a person whom ever they are.  What I don’t get is I’ve seen Sutton bring something to everyone’s house whenever she went.  Why did she not bring something to a Birthday Party?  Even if they said “ no gifts required”.  I would have.

• Love 5

Are Rinnas kids models like the Hadid girls?  I hope Rinnas girls don’t get Moms lips too.  They look like an overblown vagina would look.  Not that I ever looked at mine.  Just assuming.  🙀💋

• LOL 1
On 7/15/2021 at 2:11 PM, Momager said:

Yes, exactly! How extremely convenient that in the midst of a felony investigation, the subject becomes incapacitated. He’s manipulative and this ploy is evidence of that - nothing more. He’s very, very well-connected and used those connections to his advantage over the years. I don’t think it’s a stretch to assume he asked a doctor friend for a favor. He’s such a weasel.

So what else is new with these hi profile people?  They always get off or a lesser sentence.  How convenient that Tom has just developed dementia?  What a crock.  It just makes me fucking sick.  Erika has balls to cry for herself too.  Why don’t they throw her off the show?

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

So what else is new with these hi profile people?  They always get off or a lesser sentence.  How convenient that Tom has just developed dementia?  What a crock.  It just makes me fucking sick.  Erika has balls to cry for herself too.  Why don’t they throw her off the show?

In answer to the bolded: first and probably #1 ratings and advertising bucks.

2. She hasn't yet been convicted with anything. Jen Shah and Teresa kept on filming, too, didn't they? I don't think they give a hoot if their 'stars' are criminals, if they can still make money off them.

• Love 3
On 7/15/2021 at 2:24 PM, oakville said:

It's not believable for Erika to say that she was clueless about Tom's legal problems when she accepted millions from him over the past few years. She has never come across as naive about business while she has been on the show.

What did she give a shit where the money was coming from, as long as she got everything she wanted and more.  She just kept getting while he was digging his grave bit by bit.  I’m sure she put a load away where it was safe for the future.  She looks cunning to me.  There’s probably a guy waiting for her when Ole Tom gets whatever he gets.  She didn’t stay with that old man for nothing.  Yeah she loved him.  Would she have loved him if he was a manager in Walmart?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

In answer to the bolded: first and probably #1 ratings and advertising bucks.

2. She hasn't yet been convicted with anything. Jen Shah and Teresa kept on filming, too, didn't they? I don't think they give a hoot if their 'stars' are criminals, if they can still make money off them.

TRUE.  Money talks.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Hangin Out said:

I did have Hulu for a few years and saw The Hustler and Housewife.  I wasn’t paying too much attention tho as I wasn’t watching BH then.  I can’t relate to how they live.  I started watching again the last year or so.  I just caught up on the Tom & Erika story tho, and realized he couldn’t have made that much for what they had. and spent, and how closed mouth she was and is about her life with him.  Thanks for all the info and your time about Hulu. 😀

The Housewife and the Hustler is a new ABC News documentary original that debuted mid-June this year on Hulu and got deeply into what exactly Tom (and Erica) took from his clients. As others have suggested, it’s very much worth signing up at least for the free trial, assuming they still offer one, so you can watch it. It’s really shocking to see what people are capable of - as Erica says here, that scoundrel Mr. Girardi, stealing from widows and orphans, right under her unsuspecting nose… sigh.

• Love 7