Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Leather Pants

• Start Topic

If I know what someone is sensitive to, friend, acquaintance, co worker you name it then I don’t consider it a burden to just avoid falling into that territory. I mean I still don’t get what’s so hard. The Sutton drama has to do with a two separate things with one particular person. The conversation interruption which I admit was a very very bad look and the walk in. Both uncomfortable and rather intense. I don’t think being sensitive and cautious because there’s still an elephant in the room with Crystal and Sutton is walking on eggshells. 

Because there are only so many times one can turn the other cheek after being constantly attacked by someone, regardless of whatever anxiety or social awkwardness that person is experiencing. If Crystal was constantly going after Sutton, that's one thing. But Crystal doesn't owe Sutton jack shit the way Sutton keeps instigating the drama with Crystal. It seems like victim blaming, like, "Why can't you just keep taking whatever abuse that person is giving you, smile politely and not in smug way, and ask for more too while you're at it because the person abusing you has the social maturity of a pineapple?"

Some people are better suited for the fragile and sensitive and that’s just the way it is. Garcelle seems to be one.

That's because Sutton hasn't started shit with her.

Crystal is a smug mean girl. I’m not sure why she’s on the show. 

Because like many but not all of the women on this show, she is married to someone rich who is either involved in and/or has connections to the entertainment industry. She is a Beverly Hills housewife, which is a good enough designation to get on this show.

• Love 15

Crystal is a smug mean girl. I’m not sure why she’s on the show. 

Because like many but not all of the women on this show, she is married to someone rich who is either involved in and/or has connections to the entertainment industry. She is a Beverly Hills housewife, which is a good enough designation to get on this show.

Honestly guys, I'm surprised when a nice girl is on the show . . .

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
Just now, RealHousewife said:

Really? Can you name one? Because I can’t to be honest with you.

• LOL 7
2 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

You [Erika] can live more than comfortably at this point. Even if it means living outside of BH. 

Ironically,  the old house was in Pasadena.  I think the new house is actually in Beverly Hills. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I’m not sure how it’s Kyles fault either Sutton went crazy at the bday party. Sutton was sitting there obv fuming and was really rude with her responses to Kyle. I’m sure Kyle can be an instigating bitch but nobody made Sutton go off about how much she dislikes Crystal. Other ppl shouldn’t have to coddle the lady. I’ve been around ppl that I know don’t like me or have talked shit about me and I’ve never responded that crazy lol.

Also I don’t think Crystals pants were that bad. I mean between her pants and Sutton’s weird dress I would take the pants lol. Also Kyles shoes were not great and Garcelles Pom poms on her arms ruined her whole look lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Garcelle!! 😆 

You know you are right. But other than her?

I thought Denise Richards was nice until the hyenas went after her. 

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Ironically,  the old house was in Pasadena.  I think the new house is actually in Beverly Hills. 

It’s closer than Pasadena but still not BH.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
On 7/8/2021 at 12:02 AM, swankie said:

DING, DING, DING, DING, DING!!!  The hammer just hit the nail on the head!  Sutton is deflecting attention from the fact that she came to the party giftless.  And I imagine she's feeling left out much like she did when all of the girls were in on Kathy's practical joke on the girls and the reverse joke they played on her.  Everyone there collaborated on gifts or brought their own gift but her.  Crystal's grin when Garcelle opened the gift she went in on set Sutton over the edge big time.  

I agree and when Crystal threw the word “jealous” at Sutton, I think she was referring to the birthday gift scenario.  Crystal could sense Sutton was mortified when she realized she didn’t bring a gift, in general, and was completely ticked off when she saw Crystal, Kyle, and Kathy had chipped in for one and they didn’t include her.  Sutton was jealous, embarrassed, and angry.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
11 minutes ago, Marley said:

I’m not sure how it’s Kyles fault either Sutton went crazy at the bday party. Sutton was sitting there obv fuming and was really rude with her responses to Kyle. I’m sure Kyle can be an instigating bitch but nobody made Sutton go off about how much she dislikes Crystal. Other ppl shouldn’t have to coddle the lady. I’ve been around ppl that I know don’t like me or have talked shit about me and I’ve never responded that crazy lol.

Also I don’t think Crystals pants were that bad. I mean between her pants and Sutton’s weird dress I would take the pants lol. Also Kyles shoes were not great and Garcelles Pom poms on her arms ruined her whole look lol.

No, other people don’t have to coddle but other people can also leave something alone when it’s obviously not a good idea to open the dialogue. Again the show dictates that wounds be picked and Kyle saw the opportunity. Simple as that. That’s how Kyle contributed to the chaos by not leaving it alone. So what Sutton is sitting there looking uncomfortable. And? Kyle sees the opening and takes it. The rest of the women at the table aren’t paying any mind to “fuming” Sutton cause it’s not like Sutton was fidgeting overtly and sighing loudly. Kyle didn’t need to do anything in that moment but then an opportunity would have been missed. Sutton hasn’t Sussed out how to dodge something like that just yet and considering how inept Sutton is I doubt she ever will. She’s reality gold for someone like Kyle who is seasoned enough to recognize and pounce on such an opportunity to be right in the fray without catching blame. I say this as a critique of the shows antics. It’s more about the moving parts of a bigger mechanism than it is about the women and their petty little grievances in all honesty.  I think that’s why I’m very sympathetic to Sutton. She truly doesn’t understand the real goal of the show and steps in it more often than not. Crystal seems a bit more composed and capable of having her guard up in general so I don’t the think the show will have too much of a chance to get passed her defenses and get her truly rattled but Sutton really is a sitting duck to the ugly antics of the show so I do find myself feeling more bad for her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Sutton needs Prozac or something like that. Probably going through the change. But also some people are more sensitive by nature. Kyle asking what's wrong probably made it all come flowing out. I get that when someone passes away or something then I see a loved one or good friend and we hug or something & the tears start flowing. Up before that greeting/consolation, I am typically fine. It's just what happens sometimes.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

I agree and when Crystal threw the word “jealous” at Sutton, I think she was referring to the birthday gift scenario.  Crystal could sense Sutton was mortified when she realized she didn’t bring a gift, in general, and was completely ticked off when she saw Crystal, Kyle, and Kathy had chipped in for one and they didn’t include her.  Sutton was jealous, embarrassed, and angry.

It will be interesting next episode to see if Crystal said, "I meant that we went in on a gift together" or "of my friendship with..." b/c admittedly, I thought the subtext of "jealous" was "jealous of me and my fabulousness."

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Marley said:

But I mean... they were pleated leather pants! Pleated!

(I also thought that Sutton dress was super ugly, and I don't care if it was Gucci or not. But gun to my head, I'd probably choose that ugly dress over pleated leather plants if those were the only two articles of clothing I had the misfortune to own).

And the fact that Crystal wore pleated leather pants is the only thing I can criticize her for in terms of her behavior at the party. 

• LOL 9
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Feech said:

Yes, those are two women I'd consider nice. 

18 minutes ago, tinderbox said:

That's also how I interpreted what she meant by jealous. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

But I mean... they were pleated leather pants! Pleated!

Hahaha!

40 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

But also some people are more sensitive by nature. Kyle asking what's wrong probably made it all come flowing out. I get that when someone passes away or something then I see a loved one or good friend and we hug or something & the tears start flowing. Up before that greeting/consolation, I am typically fine. It's just what happens sometimes.

Yes. This is very true. It’s as if the kindness and compassion make you even more emotional, because you appreciate so much that another person can recognize your sadness and wants to comfort you.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Feech said:

I thought Denise was a nice person, too! And you're correct, LOL, I can't think of anyone else that seems/has seemed truly kind and 'real' like she and Garcelle.

Agreed with eleanorofaquitaine and also sistermagpie: so far I'm not liking or disliking Crystal or Sutton. Crystal may be a little too reserved? Idk I need to see more of who she is sans scuffles. Sutton could maybe take it down a few notches. ( I agree in not liking how Sutton treated Teddi before, but liking how she stood up to Dorit and Rinna. She knows-or should- how to deal with these ladies!) I do enjoy seeing her outlandish fashions, and wonder what they cost. 
I keep periodically forgetting that this isn't Sutton's first season, lol.

• Love 5
On 7/7/2021 at 10:01 PM, Chatty Cake said:

Nah Crystal thinks she’s better cause she has the old rich husband and Sutton has lost hers. That’s where the jealous comment came in. She has resting bitch face cause she’s a resting bitch! 

Yes,absolutely! It’s just a matter of time before she calls Sutton “old and dried up”.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

While I wasn't Denise's biggest fan, I think she was nice enough. Unfortunately for her, her husband is a gigantic asshole.

My sense is that Garcelle is generally kind, more than she is nice. And I think that is an important distinction. She wasn't very nice to Kyle last year (she wasn't particularly cruel, either, but she did say some not nice things about Kyle). But she's open hearted and doesn't have any desire to hurt people - she will make an effort to make a situation better (the conversation with Kyle is a good example of this). And yes, I think she is a good friend, and that's why she's so willing to back up Sutton, as we saw in this episode. 

But I'm not sure that Sutton would return the favor.  Not because she is such an awful person, but because I do think that Sutton is very self-involved. Independent of the conflict with Crystal, throwing a temper tantrum while people are celebrating your friend's birthday is pretty self-centered behavior. 

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

In my opinion, Garcelle, Denise and Eileen are the nicest BH housewives. 

At the gourmet store, was Rinna just watching the employee assemble the burger? As a line of customers was forming behind Harry? 

Omg I forgot about Eileen! Yes I liked her, too. I'm hazy on Joyce, I'll have to rewatch. (I agree again EOA, Denise's husband was quite the ass)

And yesssss! I was laughing at Rinna drooling over the burger. Go ahead and take a bite, girl. Your meanness will burn those calories off quickly.

(btw, on a whim, I just looked up Sutton's dress and it's over $3k. Wow! And Crystal's pleated pants are faux leather!)

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Crystal's husband is 58. I wouldn't consider him an "old man."   Sutton committed 2 faux pas this season. She doesn't have to apologize any more or to call attention to what she did, no one else is. If she would just keep her mouth shut grow up and move on things would be fine. But no every time she feels uncomfortable, embarrassed or jealous she has to rehash the naked gate.  And yes she had twice said that 'whatever was going on in that room."  So she needs to stop obsessing about  her reputation and stop with the innuendos that something weird was going on in Crystal's room.  I don't think that I have ever met anyone as high strung and exhausting as Sutton. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Does Joyce’s hair count as nice because that was some nice hair.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2

Yeah Sutton needed to ignore Crystal's smug face.  I agree it's almost like that smug face is plastered onto Crystal to antagonize. I've been in similar situations when I was about to barf at the fakery/smugness/elitist/exclusive display before me. Luckily, my husband was there once and we started bantering to ourselves about some obscene sh** to point out what was happening about 3 yards away from us. Other times, I excuse myself to check on the kids or something similar. 

Sutton had a good idea to start doing her lipstick at the table to divert her attention away BUT it was like putting out a wildfire with a watering can by that point. She could have contained it for 6 more minutes then said she has an appointment she can't miss or something.  She came across manic. I understood her feeling but YES, she's giving this thing life. Nobody thinks she's a perv or damaging her reputation. Chill out.

Does Rinna always wear the same one leopard dress that's flattering on her or is it a series of leopard dresses? Every flashback & the current dinner party had her in a leopard gown. I guess stick with what works? 

Garcelle FTW. I love this lady. Love her kids. They're just all a wonderful breath of fresh air.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Feech said:

Joyce and Kathryn. Unless you didn't have the right kind of bag and then Kathryn was a snob.

• LOL 6

I thought the scene with Garcelle and her boys seemed very staged and cringeworthy.  And honestly living in a house that size why would the son studying Japanese and being on a supposed important FaceTime call not do it somewhere quiet instead of during meal prep time in the kitchen? 🙄

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

Crystal is a bitch. The smirks and lack of empathy added to her wealth and husband's mogul position in Hollywood elevate her and she is MEAN. Crystal is the group's new Birkin their new shiny possession to gaze upon and win it for what they can use it for. For now they will all take Crystal's side as they jockey. Smirk all you want Crystal you are being used. 

This should be the apology: "I do not feel what you did was violating in a creepy or sexual way at all. I apologize for the comments I made initially. I was upset. You surprised me and I was naked and I have body image issues. I apologize for not taking a more proactive role in making sure Kathy Hilton does not call you names as well because I do not view you as a peeping Tom she shouldn't be running w/that because it doesn't represent what I feel. I can see how that is hurting you and it's because of my initial comments. Though your well intended visit to my room violated my expectation of privacy I do empathize .  I will make it clear to the group how dredging this up hurts you and is inappropriate.  A simple apology from you back would be nice that you barged in before I could acknowledge it was ok to do so." Crystal STARTED the sexual weirdness vibe in the tale. She has walked it back since, but if Crystal TRULY wants to move on she needs to tell the group to STFU with the Tomasina comments etc because they imply Peeping Tom context and that is very hurtful to Sutton. It was an accidentally awkward moment and that was it. 

But she is cold and rich and influential and mean. So she won't. I really like Sutton. I forgive her insecurities, anxiety and sensitivity. Also the hormones of 50 are worse than teen years! That big waist and tiny legs of Sutton points to menopause wreaking havoc. For many women it is as severe and difficult as the worst of post partum so don't cut her. Teen hormones, post partum, and anxiety are better studied than the needs of women in menopause.  It is criminal. If men experienced what menopause is capable of there would be entire Universities dedicated to it.  Women suffer it alone and unfortunately Sutton is living it onscreen with a mean, mean girl of power and influence. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

Sounds like Crystal needs to go full on "submissive and subservient Asian woman" trope just to make sure poor fragile Sutton isn't inconvenienced.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

My favorite quote from When Harry Met Sally applies- Sutton needs to not express every emotion she has the minute she has them. The other women, that's all planned out per producers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Crystal, Kyle, and Kathy had chipped in for one and they didn’t include her.

Which I believe was intentional, knowing Sutton would be embarrassed and possibly freak out on camera.

Sutton realizes she is still the series' punching bag. They have all poked at her (remember Dorit and the fashion show?), some, like Kyle and Kathry, disingenuously. So Sutton walks into every scene not knowing if one or more of them will try to upset her. She's not secure enough to tough it out.

Crystal isn't the only mean girl. And Erika isn't the only gold digger.

It will be great fun if the day ever comes when Mauricio's and PK's slippery business ways are featured on the show. Or plastered all over social media.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Crystal isn't the only mean girl.

It will be great fun if the day ever comes when Mauricio's and PK's slippery business ways are featured on the show. Or plastered all over social media.

Absolutely true that Crystal isn't along and yes, Mauricio and PK should get their turn to be skewered. The comedy of those two trying to glom onto Crystal's husband is razor sharp though. I enjoyed that.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Which I believe was intentional, knowing Sutton would be embarrassed and possibly freak out on camera.

Sutton was present when Lisa mentioned that it was going to be for Garcelle’s birthday and people could bring a gift or not, her not bringing a gift was on her. Dorit and Lisa weren’t included in the gift they managed not to lose their shit. Sutton makes everything about her, even when it’s clearly not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

Sounds like Crystal needs to go full on "submissive and subservient Asian woman" trope just to make sure poor fragile Sutton isn't inconvenienced.

Yes, it does sound like it, doesn't it? Otherwise, she's that other Asian woman stereotype of the Dragon Lady. Apparently while we must make every accommodation for poor, fragile Sutton's nerves, we can only understand Crystal's personality in the extremes of Asian woman stereotypes instead of believing that she may have her own insecurities and anxieties.

It's too bad that Sutton isn't an actress, she'd make a really excellent Mrs. Bennet in Pride and Prejudice.  

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
15 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Crystal's husband is 58. I wouldn't consider him an "old man."   Sutton committed 2 faux pas this season. She doesn't have to apologize any more or to call attention to what she did, no one else is. If she would just keep her mouth shut grow up and move on things would be fine. But no every time she feels uncomfortable, embarrassed or jealous she has to rehash the naked gate.  And yes she had twice said that 'whatever was going on in that room."  So she needs to stop obsessing about  her reputation and stop with the innuendos that something weird was going on in Crystal's room.  I don't think that I have ever met anyone as high strung and exhausting as Sutton. 

True, but there is a 23 year' difference in age.  And according to this article, she apparently was 17 on their first date, which is, in my opinion, really gross especially given her husband's position of power.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/a36489253/crystal-kung-minkoff-husband-rob-real-housewives-beverly-hills/

"Crystal’s IMDb profile says that the two met in 2003, which would have been when she was 17. According to a story in Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, Rob and Crystal met at a party at his office.

'That's the director of Lion King… maybe he'll hire you, a friend told Crystal, directing her toward Rob, who was at a piano. From there, the two talked about "everything from our dream places to travel to family life," Crystal told the publication. Rob took her to the Finding Nemo premiere after that. "It was so intimate, yet it was our first date," Crystal said. "By the end of the night, I was hooked."

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Completely unrelated to the Crystal/Sutton discussion:

I love Kathy’s constant interior design critiques. Her house is beautiful, so she has a leg to stand on. 

Related - I love how Kyle always reveals her basic-ness. When Kathy commented on the long narrow table in Kyle’s dining room that they never use (I agree with Kathy’s implication that the room is stupid as dining room with that long Addams Family table)…Kyle responds with “oh I think the dining room was in another room back in the day.”

Maybe it’s just me…but if I was buying a grand old house - almost an estate by LA / Encino standards - that has 100 years of history in it, I’d be researching all I could about the house’s past and how it has evolved over the years. Of course Kyle knows Zero about the history of her own beautiful home. But she can certainly put up a tacky vulgar neon sign as an extra middle finger to the stately history of her home! 🙄 Honestly Kyle and her fam strike me more Beverly Hillbillies than Beverly Hills sometimes. 

Also - was doing some shopping and stumbled across this trove of face rollers. I may just buy one!!

https://www.worldmarket.com/search.do?query=Face+roller

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

If Sutton were more secure she could just laugh and say "ya seen one cooch,  ya seen em all"....same goes for crystal. 

I have no patience for the "hasty exit, follow me and give me attention" game. If Vyle hadn't fallen for it, Harry Hamlin would have found sutton curled up in a ball, all cryed out & still waiting for someone to care, when he went to water his garden in the morning. Rinna would refuse to help him.

Kathy...pass the fatty and mellow these drama queens out! Everything could be hunky dory with a little Maui-wowie. Just ask Mo.

Hey Erika...3k sq ft will seem like a mansion compared to the 8x8 cell you'll soon inhabit (hopefully). You'll be wrapped in canvas and 10 thread count sheets....but it will still be expensive to be you...for the victims you ripped off and the tax payers.

Doritos only storyline is the weekly head to toe logo outfit. She could show up, do a spin, get her outfit compliments, then leave, and no one would notice.

Gar is a kind, logical, and loyal woman. I hope she gets a big bucks gig so she can leave this shit show, and it's paycheck, far behind. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
15 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

Does Rinna always wear the same one leopard dress that's flattering on her or is it a series of leopard dresses? Every flashback & the current dinner party had her in a leopard gown. I guess stick with what works? 

Ha!  I noticed that too.   It really looked like the same dress -going by the sleeves and the neckline.  Not that there is anything wrong with wearing a dress more than once but it does seem like that leopard dress shows up  a lot in old pictures. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, J80134 said:

I have no patience for the "hasty exit, follow me and give me attention" game. If Vyle hadn't fallen for it, Harry Hamlin would have found Sutton curled up in a ball, all cried out & still waiting for someone to care, when he went to water his garden in the morning. Rinna would refuse to help him.

This made me laugh out loud.  Excellent!

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, J80134 said:

If Sutton were more secure she could just laugh and say "ya seen one cooch,  ya seen em all"....same goes for crystal. 

I have no patience for the "hasty exit, follow me and give me attention" game. If Vyle hadn't fallen for it, Harry Hamlin would have found sutton curled up in a ball, all cryed out & still waiting for someone to care, when he went to water his garden in the morning. Rinna would refuse to help him.

Kathy...pass the fatty and mellow these drama queens out! Everything could be hunky dory with a little Maui-wowie. Just ask Mo.

Hey Erika...3k sq ft will seem like a mansion compared to the 8x8 cell you'll soon inhabit (hopefully). You'll be wrapped in canvas and 10 thread count sheets....but it will still be expensive to be you...for the victims you ripped off and the tax payers.

Doritos only storyline is the weekly head to toe logo outfit. She could show up, do a spin, get her outfit compliments, then leave, and no one would notice.

Gar is a kind, logical, and loyal woman. I hope she gets a big bucks gig so she can leave this shit show, and it's paycheck, far behind. 

I also don’t think Sutton needed to run off. She’s giving Cryssy more ammunition with each fit she throws.  She could have pulled Kyle aside and said “ thanks for asking me to go in with you on the gift.”  Kyle looked full of glee at the situation.

• Love 6
(edited)

I hope Crystal reserves some stank face for Erika. Sutton is just too easy of a target and Sutton needs to drop it but,  it doesn’t look like based on previews. Wake me when it’s Erika’s turn if gets here. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

True, but there is a 23 year' difference in age.  And according to this article, she apparently was 17 on their first date, which is, in my opinion, really gross especially given her husband's position of power.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/a36489253/crystal-kung-minkoff-husband-rob-real-housewives-beverly-hills/

I think that "article*" has her age wrong.  Crystal has said that she met her husband when she was 20.  She's 38 now.

Still a huge age difference but she wasn't a teenager. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

ON 7/7/2021 AT 7:26 PM, JULYOLO SAID:

Rinna's kitchen is badly in need of an update. 1980's much?

It’s the whole house, it must not be important to them, and that’s OK too.

Yes Rinna's house is 'outdated' by BH standards.  It is cluttered and very faux Tuscan.  I actually think that is Harry and not Rinna--it seems obvious to me that Harry Hamlin is an Italophile from the 3 years he lived in Italy and is trying to recreate an Italian vibe in his home.

I actually love Erica's new house.  The bathroom with the Martinique (banana leaf) wallpaper looks really cool and reminds me of Blanche Devereaux, which is always a good thing in my book!  I wonder if Mikey is living in the attic?  I don't think they have basements in SoCal.

Edited by Joan van Snark
spelling correction
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Maybe the other ladies thought Sutton was buying Garcelle's gift because they are so close and didn't think she needed or would have wanted to be included. I know I would have. They are (show?) besties.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/10/2021 at 4:28 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

While I wasn't Denise's biggest fan, I think she was nice enough. Unfortunately for her, her husband is a gigantic asshole.

That wasn't the only thing gigantic, apparently the guy is a human tripod.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • LOL 6

It is pretty interesting that Harry Hamlin never seems to interact with the other husbands? He seems to do his one scene a year like it is a contractual obligation. A scene that usually revolves around food.

It’s like he is trying to send a coded message in a cry for help.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Feech said:

It is pretty interesting that Harry Hamlin never seems to interact with the other husbands? He seems to do his one scene a year like it is a contractual obligation. A scene that usually revolves around food.

It’s like he is trying to send a coded message in a cry for help.

I agree. Harry seems like a nice, grounded guy. The Hollywood stuff messed him up. He made poor choices, but now he’s exhausted. It’s easier to just accept this torture, because he has exceptional coping skills. So he cooks and gardens and travels to Canada to constructively soothe himself. I have great respect for him.

• Love 1