Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Leather Pants

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, SoTheresThat said:

Well, even Gucci makes mistakes.

Lu's "Well, even..." line was one of the reasons I will always love Luanne!  That was absolutely hilarious!

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Feech said:

You realize that Crystal would scorn you with a smug smile and Sutton would buy you a Louie Vuitton wallet with your name monogrammed on it. Just sayn’

hehe I just dont think I would be prepared for how emotionally draining it would be for that Wallet tho lol like the work you would have to put in to make sure she just doesn't fly off the hook about a joke she didn't get or wasnt in on or not being included in on a text god forbid or something so small like that :P it be like walking on eggshells lol 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

hehe I just dont think I would be prepared for how emotionally draining it would be for that Wallet tho lol like the work you would have to put in to make sure she just doesn't fly off the hook about a joke she didn't get or wasnt in on or not being included in on a text god forbid or something so small like that :P it be like walking on eggshells lol 

Bullshit. Youse guys would be best friends. 

Ask yourself honestly….do think Crystal would be. Not seeing it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

It’s interesting to me how Crystal’s face is reading as smug to a lot of people. 
It looks like she’s giving small, polite smiles to what’s going on around her. 
I have been told I was “smirking” when I have done the same thing.
You really can’t win even when you’re trying to hold back! When she gives a real smile, though, she looks beautiful and happy. 

• Love 13
Just now, Feech said:

Bullshit. Youse guys would be best friends. 

Ask yourself honestly….do think Crystal would be. Not seeing it.

I didnt think crystal would or wouldn't be I am just saying to me yes the gifts would be fabulous but the uncertainty and second guessing of yourself constantly on what could and might set her insecurity off would be exhausting.. is she keeping a list? did I say something that might have upset her? will she let the mouse go? then all the sudden you are turning into Sutton yourself questioning everything it be like a vicious circle  .. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Just a friendly mod reminder that once you’ve made your point, don’t keep making it over and over.  Debating other posters isn’t likely to have much success.  Y’all get a gold star for keeping it civil so far, let’s keep it that way!

• Love 15
7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I do think Sutton's style ages her. She's only 49, but she dresses like a rich little old lady

Not meaning to be cruel… but Sutton is a true Apple shape. Round body, thin legs. Lotsa $$$$ and even liposuction is not going to change that. And not even obscenely expensive haute couture apparently.  
But as someone else said… I think I kinda prefer Sutton than ice queen smirk face Crystal. The girl’s cold.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I didnt think crystal would or wouldn't be I am just saying to me yes the gifts would be fabulous but the uncertainty and second guessing of yourself constantly on what could and might set her insecurity off would be exhausting.. is she keeping a list? did I say something that might have upset her? will she let the mouse go? then all the sudden you are turning into Sutton yourself questioning everything it be like a vicious circle  .. 

Idk maybe she gives out even tinier, more expensive purses that look like the Fisher Price Little People house? (TM TheCouchPotato. I laughed so hard because I thought that at first too!) I'd settle for some dumplings, but I'm low-rent like that.

I'm a weirdo who is actually uncomfortable when people gift me things. What do I do with my hands? How soon should I gift them back? Did I thank them profusely enough? I'd hate to accidentally be a Bethenny to someone's Dorinda over a giant nutcracker.

And you're right, Kid, she already keeps lists. Remember the list in Tahoe? Though, I do think she'd be fun to go somewhere with, like the spa day, or cruising around in her fancy car. Keeping things superficial. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Slakkie said:

As I said she used it in context but if you feel someone is a crazy person why would you continue unless you enjoyed stirring the pot?

Crystal's not continuing to use it. Sutton brought it up (again) all on her own to announce the Crystal was crazy to have said it etc. and Crystal just said (again) that nope, she still thought it was the right word to describe her feelings. It's not like Crystal was finding ways to drop the word "violated" into the conversation to irritate Sutton. She just refuses to disavow it and apologize for having ever used it.

• Love 10
(edited)

Sutton is going to make me cheer for Erika snarling at her. Damn.

Erika's interactions with Sutton are a lot like Crystal's only one more season in. 

Sutton has been playing this role of gifting in exchange for friendship and coddling/sympathy/protection for a while, probably since childhood. Whether she was rich or not. That's her way to gain a foothold.

I don't know how much of it is an act or just her personality, but she definitely falls back on her Southern charm, demure, fragility, real quick. She weilds it very effectively when threatened. This is her way of fighting and gaining power. Seen it a lot. Seen the Crystal's be denigrated for it, too. 

And she absolutely has been described like this before by others. That's why she reacts so strongly to it. She thought she'd be more established in a second season, but clearly she isn't as connected to the others as she hoped, and her base level insecurities are surfacing again against the one person she thought she'd rank higher than.

And I have no doubt that had Garcelle been the newbie, she'd have treated her the same way she's treating Crystal. So don't be fooled just because Garcelle is black.

Garcelle works in an industry where she's had to be diplomatic and more forgiving just to work. Crystal hasn't. So I won't compare how they choose to respond to Sutton except to say, if Sutton is really her friend, Garcelle needs to check her.

Edited by Rorysmom
  • Love 11

Kathy Hilton is such a cheeky bugger. She starts the drama and then wonders what happened. Cracks me up. This is the KH that I remember from back in the day. I was wondering why I didn’t recognize her in RHOBH. She needs to lay off the plastic surgery. 

D171E9EC-598C-46E8-B8E9-56DF36921B21.jpeg

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Crystal is kind of a bitch.

To me, anyone who says to someone else, "You're just jealous!", is suffering from delusions of grandeur.  I don't think there is a thing Crystal has that Sutton should be jealous of.  Just because someone is mad at you doesn't mean they're jealous.  Crystal pulled that one out of her ass.

• Love 16
(edited)
On 7/9/2021 at 1:26 PM, TheCouchPotato said:

Kathy Hilton is such a cheeky bugger. She starts the drama and then wonders what happened. Cracks me up. This is the KH that I remember from back in the day. I was wondering why I didn’t recognize her in RHOBH. She needs to lay off the plastic surgery. 

D171E9EC-598C-46E8-B8E9-56DF36921B21.jpeg

Someone mentioned Kathy looking like Caitlyn Jenner, and now I can’t unsee it! It’s the pouty stiff lipped look.

584BF356-F260-49C1-BC77-A8ECFF60C925.jpeg

F6FB6F5F-7C6D-469C-B70F-9B635DDBD85A.jpeg

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, swankie said:

To me, anyone who says to someone else, "You're just jealous!", is suffering from delusions of grandeur.  I don't think there is a thing Crystal has that Sutton should be jealous of.  Just because someone is mad at you doesn't mean they're jealous.  Crystal pulled that one out of her ass.

Perhaps but it’s not just that she is “mad” at her. Sutton has gone out of her way to literally silence and deny Crystal from expressing her thoughts from jump! That is some controlling ass behavior and there is clearly some reason she has such a deep need to do this with Crystal and not the other women.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, renatae said:

Harry Hamlin had an affair with Ursula Andress? She had their baby at 44? I had no idea.

Yes, it was when they were making Clash Of The Titans I believe.  She played one of the Goddesses.  I thought he was sooooo handsome in that movie!  Yum Yum! 😋

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Perhaps but it’s not just that she is “mad” at her. Sutton has gone out of her way to literally silence and deny Crystal from expressing her thoughts from jump! That is some controlling ass behavior and there is clearly some reason she has such a deep need to do this with Crystal and not the other women.

But Crystal has called Sutton, crazy, irrational and told the others that she violated her.  Not to mention the fact that she insinuated that Sutton was racist in the very beginning which is what started their friction in the first place.  I think that is quite enough to make someone mad. 

6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

control of her emotions?

Yet she fell apart because another woman saw her naked.  

• Love 7
(edited)
6 minutes ago, swankie said:

told the others that she violated hew

6 minutes ago, swankie said:

But Crystal has called Sutton, crazy, irrational and told the others that she violated her.  Not to mention the fact that she insinuated that Sutton was racist in the very beginning which is what started their friction in the first place.  I think that is quite enough to make someone mad. 

She clearly stated SHE FELT violated not that Sutton violated her despite how Sutton keeps trying to literally change her words and continue to attempt to skew what she said.

As for insinuating she was racist, Sutton literally interrupted a conversation that she wasn’t involved in and told Crystal that she couldn’t talk about her experiences as a Chinese American in her presence and then insisted that as a white Southerner she was the real victim of prejudice, Crystal was way too easy with her response and I can’t believe she even apologized to her. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 15
On 7/7/2021 at 6:07 PM, Miss Slay said:

Crystal didn't do anything wrong - she expressed how she felt about the situation and she felt violated. Those were her feelings and they are valid. But Crystal is just sooooo smug, it almost comes across as antagonistic. 

THIS! Sutton needs to calm her hormones or whatever is causing her to work herself into a lather. She was even more ridiculous than on previous occasions, and I agree with everyone else that she's embarrassed she didn't think to bring a birthday gift for Garcelle. I can't believe she forgot (?) when she brings gifts to the most mundane occasions. That plus the peeping Tom digs beforehand sent her around the bend. You don't have to like everyone at a gathering, but you can focus on the people you DO like and celebrate.

That being said, I've really come to dislike Crystal - smug is the perfect descriptor for her. Her mean girl aura is strong and it's raising my hackles. I wanted to wipe the self-satisfied smirk right off of her face. I get the sense she enjoys making others  (meaning those she deems inferior) feel bad, and I can't get onside with her even if her nemesis is a crazy nutbag.

• Love 10
On 7/7/2021 at 5:13 PM, Chicklet said:

What is wrong with Kathy's upper lip? It looked like a milk mustache to start with but now?

And what is wrong with Kathy *.* does she have the onset of dementia?

• Love 3
On 7/7/2021 at 5:26 PM, Julyolo said:

Rinna's kitchen is badly in need of an update. 1980's much?

It’s the whole house, it must not be important to them, and that’s OK too.

• Love 2
On 7/7/2021 at 5:28 PM, JD5166 said:

Isn’t this the first season after the rumors that Harry lived elsewhere? I will say this, he is wasted on someone like her who refuses to digest solid food.

Indeed.…I’ll take him and I’m already in Canada 🇨🇦 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
On 7/7/2021 at 5:55 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Crystal literally has done NOTHING at this party  to Sutton .... NOTHING she is freaking out FOR NO REASON .... THat is not normal  

It’s so true and Sutton is making herself a big target now.  I think she resented the peeping Tom reference coming up again, even though it was Kathy that said it, she totally resents Crystal.  You wonder why she would even attend knowing Crystal would be there too.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Rorysmom said:

Sutton has been playing this role of gifting in exchange for friendship and coddling/sympathy/protection for a while, probably since childhood. Whether she was rich or not. That's her way to gain a foothold.

Reminds me of last week when Erika was all “you are the most genuine, kind hearted human soul I know” and Sutton’s response was “THANK you!” Not said in a grateful tone, but more in a “YES, it’s about time it’s being acknowledged” kind of way.

on a non dead-horse topic, Garcelle’s son, Jax I think it was? The one who was trying to study Japanese online? Is awesome. I loved his dark and brilliant punishment idea for his brother… don’t take his electronics away, take the chargers away. Then sit back and watch as the panic sets in as the battery indicator gets lower… and lower… Garcelle is clearly impressed by the kid, as am I.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, dmeets said:

The one who was trying to study Japanese online?

Did he really have to be in the kitchen during his on line Japanese lesson?  Producer set up for sure.

I would love to hear Jax kill a conversation in Japanese, it's a shame he cannot go to Japan to practice.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, chewycandy said:

It’s interesting to me how Crystal’s face is reading as smug to a lot of people. 
It looks like she’s giving small, polite smiles to what’s going on around her. 
I have been told I was “smirking” when I have done the same thing.
You really can’t win even when you’re trying to hold back! When she gives a real smile, though, she looks beautiful and happy. 

I bet her husband has seen a smirk or two.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I bet her husband has seen a smirk or two.

I imagine he has seen many different looks given they have been married for nearly a decade and a half.

• Love 5
(edited)

Agree that Harry/Lisa are angling for their own show, one that will feature their daughters. That marriage is a business partnership.

Did anyone else catch how Harry initially said he wouldn't stick around after cooking, and then he waltzed in and took Lisa's seat at the head of the table? An annoyed Lisa chirped "Oh! You're staying after all." And practically disappeared off camera as she was forced to take a seat at the other end of the table.

I don't buy Kathy's Clueless in Beverly Hills schtick. She's trying to scene-steal.

PS: Sutton was right about the leather pants.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, dmeets said:

non dead-horse topic, Garcelle’s son, Jax I think it was? The one who was trying to study Japanese online? Is awesome. I loved his dark and brilliant punishment idea for his brother… don’t take his electronics away, take the chargers away. Then sit back and watch as the panic sets in as the battery indicator gets lower… and lower… Garcelle is clearly impressed by the kid, as am I.

I mentioned it to my close friends/family who have similar aged children and they got ideas!

• LOL 3
47 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Agree that Harry/Lisa are angling for their own show, one that will feature their daughters. That marriage is a business partnership.

Did anyone else catch how Harry initially said he wouldn't stick around after cooking, and then he waltzed in and took Lisa's seat at the head of the table? An annoyed Lisa chirped "Oh! You're staying after all." And practically disappeared off camera as she was forced to take a seat at the other end of the table.

I thought he said something about eating with them but that he'd leave before the cake came out? (Which is what happened). Quite honestly, I would have found it a bit weird if he didn't eat with them after making what seemed like really delicious food. 

Re their marriage - it feels to me like they have mostly settled into a long-term friendship, though I don't disagree that there is a business arrangement aspect to it. Which, given the length of their marriage, is probably not a surprise.  But they aren't outwardly affectionate to each other - heck, before Erika decided to play the role of the Wronged Ex, Erika and Tom seemed more openly affectionate towards each other.

Does anyone know if Amelia is still in college? I don't begrudge her transferring (I also transferred college to be closer to home), but I hope she didn't drop out to become Scott Disick's girlfriend. 

• Love 3

Am I the only one that remembers many years ago (way before HWs)  that Rinna was busted on a beach looking intimate with someone who wasn't Harry?

I can't find it online b/c  all the searches come up with Harry Hamlin rumors, but Lisa has had her own flings.  They either have an open marriage or long-term friendship.

• Useful 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, endure said:

It’s the whole house, it must not be important to them, and that’s OK too.

I could see Harry being the one uninterested. He is certainly not pretentious and having lived through 2 remodel/refurbishes, they suck. Your house is a mess for always longer than planned, strangers in the house, animals may need To be boarded to keep them safe. Etc. Obviously they aren't as rich as some, but it could also be about comfort or just different priorities. 

Edited by chlban
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, chlban said:

I could see Harry being the one uninterested. He is certainly not pretentious and having lived through 2 remodel/refurbishes, they suck. Your house is a mess for always longer than planned, strangers in the house, animals may need To be boarded to keep them safe. Etc. Obviously they aren't as rich as some, but it could also be about comfort or just different priorities. 

It's almost refreshing that they haven't done much remodeling and their house looks attainable.  I'm sure they have good money.  

This, however, looks almost like someone hoarding.

real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-

9 hours ago, swankie said:

I mean i guess being bulimic and having body issues that she has talked about on this show would have something to do with that right? I mean if Sutton can be coddled for being high strung then shouldn't Crystal get the same consideration for having an eating disorder that never goes away?

• Love 13

My take is that Kyle & Kathy now have an alliance, which Kyle will protect at any end.  She's been working for this for years.  So she'll throw anyone in the spotlight if it is not Kathy or herself.  Sutton & Crystal buried the incident 3 or 4 eps back, but Kyle & Kathy started the Tomissina shite to keep it going.  

Sutton is too worried about being canceled and Crystal has no personality (I said she was Teddi 2.0, and that still remains--what else do we know about her but ED and having money from an old man, and that is not a personality) so it goes on.

And if Kathy hasn't ever heard the term "hunky dory", she's not "sheltered" or "too rich", she's just an idiot.  And should be institutionalized.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Lizzing said:

Crystal has no personality (I said she was Teddi 2.0, and that still remains--what else do we know about her but ED and having money from an old man, and that is not a personality) so it goes on.

Because she isnt allowed to really show her personality because of this Stupid thing that Sutton wont let go ..... You are kinda faulting her for something that is out of her control here

• Love 4

I mean, would it be all that surprising that Kyle and Kathy have an "alliance"? They are sisters. I would be more surprised if they didn't have an "alliance." I mean, even when their relationship was most complicated, I think that Kyle and Kim were willing to defend themselves against others (though I will never understand Kim's relationship with Brandi in the later seasons).

Regardless, I don't think that Kyle and Kathy are keeping this going to keep the spotlight off of their already-apparent alliance. I do think that Kyle is stirring stuff up because she knows that conflict is what drives these shows. As for Kathy, I think she thinks she's being funny.  (And to be fair to Kathy, Sutton SHOULD TELL HER she wants her to stop, but apparently that's all too much for delicate Sutton and her poor nerves). 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, dmeets said:

on a non dead-horse topic, Garcelle’s son, Jax I think it was? The one who was trying to study Japanese online? Is awesome. I loved his dark and brilliant punishment idea for his brother… don’t take his electronics away, take the chargers away. Then sit back and watch as the panic sets in as the battery indicator gets lower… and lower… Garcelle is clearly impressed by the kid, as am I.

He was the high point of the episode for me (and yes, Jax is the one  with the dark hair, Jaid has the blonde on top).  I loved when, in response to Garcelle saying his Japanese workbook "looked like gibberish," he gave her a look and said "it's not, it's a language."  Not in a snotty way, just in a "geesh, Mom!" way.  

• Love 11
On 7/8/2021 at 9:03 AM, byrd said:

Maybe not happy , but she's at peace, I believe the relationship with Tom was emotionally abusive for her.

I would never had thought it was that bad.  I assumed he loved her.  Guess money, possessions and her career, if you could call it that, meant more to her than love.  I’m a romantic tho, and don’t know how she could be with an old geezer and do what she had to do.  Yuk.

• Love 3
(edited)

Whenever I picture Erika with Tom, I can't get the image out of my mind of Samantha with the saggy old man's behind in Sex and The City.

(Almost posted the SATC screen shot, but it's too disturbing 😂)

Edited by Starlight925
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I haven’t chimed in yet this season but Crystal really pissed me off this episode. I wanted to give her a chance, but what she said to Sutton—“you’re an inappropriate, awkward person”—hit me hard. And I felt so much empathy for Sutton. 

I’ve been called “inappropriate” and “awkward” my entire life. No matter how hard I tried, it was always wrong. I only ever meant to try and fit in and be helpful and I was *always* misinterpreted. So when Sutton brought Crystal her coat and got the response she did, that could have been me. And the way Crystal spun it was really hurtful. 

I found out as an adult that I have autism, which is the reason for my awkwardness. Not saying Sutton is, but I sense that she’s really trying and it doesn’t always work out for her. It’s misinterpreted. What Crystal said was incredibly hurtful—more hurtful than being called bad names. 

Crystal clearly dislikes Sutton, is smug and cruel to her and Sutton is the kind of person who will have a hard time being around a person who hates her—just for being awkward. At least the other ladies are trying to come to her defense. 

For me, (now that I know) in certain situations I’ve taken to telling people about my awkwardness up front so they don’t think it’s intentional. I genuinely want to fit in but, navigating the nuances of female friendships is hard enough without extra challenges.  I feel so bad for Sutton. 

• Love 17

I don't know about the rest of you but I have been searching my cook books and the internet for spaghetti bolognese recipes since Wednesday. I finally found one that looks good and not too difficult. I have been craving this since I saw Harry dipping out the  spaghetti into the pasta bowls. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, chlban said:

You may be right. I really do genuinely like Garcelle. She is smart and appears to be both a good mother and good friend. Most of these women don't even know what friendship means, certainly not this bunch of mean girls. I retain some odd affection for some long timers Like, heaven help me;  Lu and even crazy Ramona, but Garcelle is the only woman in the franchise I would actually want to be friends with IRL. 

I really do like her the most as well. And even more so after this episode where she told Harry she wanted to take some of his food home so she could eat it with no one else watching (which is something I would say too lol)!

• Love 9
16 hours ago, Julyolo said:

I seem to recollect Kathy was also an actress as a child, so she seems to know how to play her scenes. I think Crystal needs to bring Sutton a present. If it wasn't for this faux drama regarding Sutton seeing Crystal maximally exposed, Crystal would have minimal exposure. 

And Erika needs to bring them both a gift for making this huge distraction and taking the lens off her for the time being.  Maybe she can re-gift something from her closet, if she doesn't have available funds right now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, swankie said:

Looovvveeee This!

It's not like Sutton doesn't have any reason to feel uneasy when she's around Crystal. I get that Sutton has contributed to the friction but just because Sutton has mishandled parts of this feud doesn't mean that Crystal is completely innocent and that there is absolutely no reason why Sutton should dislike Crystal.  I mean there's enough evidence for anyone to understand why Sutton would be uncomfortable around Crystal. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I could possibly see a cooking type show.  I don't see them doing a HW-type reality show.  Harry didn't want her to do RH in the first place.  In past seasons, he seems to show up just often enough to fulfill the family requirement that the franchise seems to place on its cast but not as often as other husbands like Ken, PK, Mauricio...even Tom; although he has been in it more often this season.  

They do overt affection which makes them seem more real to me than the Facebook marriages some of the others like to portray. 

*Facebook marriage=Always looks good for the camera but you really don't know what's going on behind-the-scenes.  See: Erika.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 1