Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Leather Pants

• Start Topic

(edited)
9 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I think so. It irritated me that everyone kept calling it “cute” like it was a 20 year olds first studio apartment. It looks like a nice place in a nice neighborhood.

I enjoyed it because it's only going to make Erika even more bummed about what her life has become (even though the place, in my mind is beautiful).

Also, I was about to say on this thread: Sutton, you need to smoke some weed.

Then I remembered how often I've been paranoid and anxious on weed (well, if I get too stoned, otherwise it's wonderful).

Edited by Boo Boo
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

The dermal roller on her face tells me she might be seeing a therapist -- my daughter therapist told her when she feels anxious to put something cold on her skin.  She's definitely coming off as anxious and paranoid, so I hope she gets some help. 

I have moderate anxiety and panic, but just treat it the old-fashioned way, with counting or breathing. If those don't work, then xanax, and avoiding other humans, lol.

If a roller really works, I'll get one! (I'll make sure to not use it when fighting with any new acquaintances though, just in case) I didn't know about the cold thing! I'm going to try that, thank you.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

What exactly do you think Crystal should say "sorry" for? 

For using a word correctly in context that is now used as a term that is now used for other reasons that now is very defamatory.  Like I would not say the pieces of cake were done in a niggardly manner.  Sure it is proper in context but in today's world who in their right mind would say it and then DEFEND it unless you are a shit stirrer.

• Love 6
Just now, Slakkie said:

For using a word correctly in context that is now used as a term that is now used for other reasons that now is very defamatory.  Like I would not say the pieces of cake were done in a niggardly manner.  Sure it is proper in context but in today's world who in their right mind would say it and then DEFEND it unless you are a shit stirrer.

The definition of the word hasn't changed. It was always used to mean sexual assault as well as other things. Plenty of people would use it to describe feeling violated without thinking of sexual assault at all. People whose houses have been broken into routinely describe themselves as feeling violated when they realized someone had been in their house when they weren't there. It's not automatically defamatory. That's presumably why Sutton has to keep changing it to Crystal saying she violated her instead of Crystal feeling violated.

• Love 11
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Well, because when someone flies off the handle it usually isn't in the best interest of anyone involved to escalate a situation with negativity or aggression. Unless of course, the goal is to exacerbate the situation therefore resulting in complete chaos. 

I usually try to go for calming a situation down and not turning a disagreement or confrontation into an altercation. But that's just me. 

Right.  The human response is to ask if that person is okay.  That may appear to be coddling, or placating.  I'm sure if Crystal had walked away and seemed emotional, they would've also rallied to her.

That said, I'm with the others that think Sutton needs to drop it since Crystal' did clear up her intentions relaying the story.   

I'm sure if Violate-gate comes up again, the women will not be as supportive of Sutton and instead they will be like, "get over it already."

Sutton seems like a different person than last season to me.  It does make me wonder if she's got some mental health issues combined with hormonal issues that's making it hard for her to control her emotions at this moment.  This is not me excusing her, I'm just saying that she may be having hormonal issues in addition to anxiety.  When I was menopausal, I went from happy go lucky to irrational within seconds.  It was so odd to me since I had never been that type of person before!

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

Probably because Crystal's description of the original event prompted the women to all think that Sutton is a perv.

Once they found out she's not a perv, hilarity ensues!  :)  

I don't think any of them believed that Sutton was a perv. They wanted to know what happened but it didn't affect Sutton's relationships in any way and they've continued to take Sutton's side to the point of telling Crystal not to feel her feelings.  

Crystal has given Sutton a concession on everything but the way she felt when Sutton walked in on her. 

1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

just to make sutton feel better.  its not hard

With Sutton, it is.  It's Sutton who wanted a detente which Crystal agreed to.  But then it was Sutton who keeps pushing for more.  It's Sutton who makes it sexual "what were you doing in there?"  It's Sutton who flies off the handle when Crystal was doing nothing more than enjoying Garcelle's birthday. 

I don't think there's any evidence that there's anything Crystal can do to placate Sutton or make it better for her.  

I think what set Sutton off is that Crystal went in with Kyle and Kathy to get a gift for Garcelle after Sutton thought she had successfully leveraged her previous relationships against Crystal.  It worked at the last dinner but clearly not to the point where Crystal was ostracized.  I think that's what Sutton wants so then Sutton can bend, be the magnanimous one and bring Crystal back into the group when she wants to.  

She can't do that when Crystal is still part of the group. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

I have moderate anxiety and panic, but just treat it the old-fashioned way, with counting or breathing. If those don't work, then xanax, and avoiding other humans, lol.

If a roller really works, I'll get one! (I'll make sure to not use it when fighting with any new acquaintances though, just in case) I didn't know about the cold thing! I'm going to try that, thank you.

Ha, I would not use a roller on my face in front of someone I'm arguing with either!  

As I get older, the more anxious I get.  CBD oil is a lifesaver for me!  Takes about 20 minutes to kick in, but it works well.  (if anyone is interested great CBD oil at https://fernvalleyfarms.com/ and also https://allianthemp.com/  both are fantastic)

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

The one thing I am sure of is that based on what we have seen of Crystals  relationship with her children I expect to see her daughter to show up with an extra big pillow at the nursing home.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

The definition of the word hasn't changed. It was always used to mean sexual assault as well as other things. Plenty of people would use it to describe feeling violated without thinking of sexual assault at all. People whose houses have been broken into routinely describe themselves as feeling violated when they realized someone had been in their house when they weren't there. It's not automatically defamatory. That's presumably why Sutton has to keep changing it to Crystal saying she violated her instead of Crystal feeling violated.

As I said she used it in context but if you feel someone is a crazy person why would you continue unless you enjoyed stirring the pot?

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Slakkie said:

So again, all of the arguments for what Crystal can do is just appease Sutton, deny her own feelings, and submit to Sutton's view of what happened. 

I mean, these are the kind of appeasement strategies that people use with the narcissists in their lives just to get through the day.  No wonder that Crystal isn't interested in doing that. 

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Crystal isn't the one bringing anything up about the conflict, ever.

Agree!  Even though they keep saying Crystal was talking about it, preceding the footage in each retelling of the story, is the person in the group asking “so what happened?”  And it was AFTER all the retelling that she made the agreement with Sutton not to bring it up again. And even after that agreement when they are supposed to go to the group as a united front and say it’s all over, Sutton makes a big deal of it in front of the group again and blindsides Crystal but they both agree to let it go. Then Kyle had to say something at her COVID Christmas party and now Kathy at Garcelle’s birthday...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

You would think it's asking the impossible. What does Crystal get from being the focus of Suttons distress? I mean shit if it were me I'd be all nicey nicey just to get off of Suttons emotional radar. 

The very day after Sutton rudely interrupted Crystal, and shut her down from seeking about her experiences as an Asian American, Crystal APOLOGIZED to Sutton for making Sutton feel bad for asking “are you a girl who doesn’t see color?” Sutton did not apologize to Crystal for interrupting her, or for not letting her talk about her own experiences. As a matter or fact, Sutton kind of smirked and said “I’m sorry if my tears offended you.” Pretty much on exact par with Crystal’s “I’m sorry you were upset.”

Kyle suggested to Sutton that she apologize for how she shut Crystal down about the race issue. Sutton flatly refused. No one at all is insisting Sutton is a cold bitch for this.

The original interaction between Sutton and Crystal wasn’t about the coat, it was Sutton being rude to Crystal and then irrationally blaming her for the joke others were doing.

I’m not saying Sutton is consciously racist, I’m positive she’d believe her own denial of it. Yet she has consistently gone after Crystal for the actions of the other white women in the group. Sutton makes a point of bringing gifts to everyone’s house, always. Yet can’t be bothered to remember it’s Garcelle’s birthday celebration in the group? Again, not saying Sutton is thinking “I don’t need to bring a gift to the Black cast member.” I just think that she would have made it a point to remember any of the other cast mates birthdays. I think she has an unconscious bias for who is “important” and who she feels free to attack.

• Useful 4
  • Love 19
5 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

My problem with Crystal is that she claims to have/have had bulimia which is a mental disorder. She herself had a melt down when she refused to come to dinner at Lake Tahoe. And again when she told the ladies about her disease. None of them made fun of her, called her names, or reacted with bitch-faced smirks. Including Sutton. So STFU Crystal, and maybe clue into the fact that you are no saner, heathier, or better than Sutton. 

The difference here is that Crystal simply shared her story and left it at that. She didn't share it, start weeping and then find a way to blame Sutton or Lisa or Dorit or any of the woman for some perceived wrong against her. THAT'S the issue with Sutton.

It's not that she has no right to be an emotional person. It's that when it comes to her and Crystal, she's projected her emotions onto Crystal and gone on the attack against her. The dinner gag is the example I will always come back to. 

Sutton felt upset about being left out on the joke. Okay, so why not go after Erika, Dorit, Kathy, etc. You know, the ones who were all IN on the gag. No, she came after Crystal who actually tried to playfully bring her in on the joke. That was the first time that Crystal used the crazy word. Yes, not PC of her but by that point, I could see where a perception of Sutton started forming for her. 

And since then, no matter how many times they claim to be moving forward and letting the situation go, Sutton makes Crystal her emotional punching bag whenever she feels like shit for whatever latest reason. And then Crystal is judged for not smiling enough or having the right expression or well, to be honest, not coddling and feeding Sutton's fragile ego. That's ridiculous. 

Crystal wouldn't having any opportunity to "smirk" if Sutton actually STOPPED attacking her.  The idea that Crystal is supposed to treat Sutton with kid gloves despite the fact that every single conflict they've had is because Sutton started it is truly bizarre to me. 

THIS.... SO MUCH THIS!!!

• Love 18

Things were going great until the presents came out. Sutton immediately put on her stink face and said to Kyle I don't to be here around people that I don't like. She proceeded to get up from the table and leave in the middle of Garcelle's birthday party, make a scene and make everything about her. Once again she lashed out at Crystal.  Why, because she was embarrassed that she had not thought to bring a gift. Most people in this situation would have said nothing remained at the table and then privately said to Garcelle I am so sorry I forgot your present. Will get it to you soon. Crystal did nothing  to bring on Sutton's hysterical tantrum. Sutton is insecure and worried that she does not fit in with these women. And she is probably jealous of the friendship between Kyle, Kathy and Crystal. Most likley this is what Crystal was referring to when she called Sutton jealous. 

Sutton's parting shot at Crystal after Crystal said that she was not going to apologize for saying that she felt violated was to say something about "whatever was going on in the room."  And for the record If I were naked  in my room and someone knocked and then came in uninvited  I would most definitely feel violated. And I would not apologize to the person who barged in. That person should be the one apologizing. Sutton has perfected making herself the victim when she alone is responsible for her poor manners in this situation. I hope someone tells her to shut the hell up and get over it.  God she is tiring.

• Love 24

Leather pants aside, I thought Crystal looked gorgeous. I swing back and forth each episode with Sutton and Crystal’s naked gate as well and this week, I was firmly on Crystal’s side and will henceforth practice her unbothered smile when I next encounter batshit crazy.

I will just have to figure out how to respond with a well-timed  “Not yours” IRL. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Not being mean is absolutely a totally different thing than placating or coddling an adult woman because she may not be able to handle discussing certain subjects, or handle her own reactions and feelings over the same, instead of removing herself from the situation.  

If she is that fragile, I sincerely -no snark- hope she either has, or gets a good therapist that can help her build the skills she will need to better handle interactions with other people, or their reactions to her behavior. (She might also wish to rethink being part of a cast on a reality show.) It's not anyone else's job to control her emotions or reactions for her.

We all play a role in how we interact with others. This notion that being nice is some commodity only to be given to those who are worthy really saddens me. The conflicts we are watching really doesn’t reach that level of cruelty and yet… sigh.. 

Referencing her possible need for therapy and still being aggravated by her behavior seems really odd to me. The expectations of people who are emotionally comprised continue to confuse me. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Slakkie said:

Oh I love this!!! Plain and simple.. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I hope Sutton never reads a terms and service agreement cause there is a section on violation of the terms I could only imagine the pearl clutching she would do and freak out about. 

Or violates her NDA. 

• Love 8
57 minutes ago, Slakkie said:

As I said she used it in context but if you feel someone is a crazy person why would you continue unless you enjoyed stirring the pot?

Because she enjoys it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

40 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

The very day after Sutton rudely interrupted Crystal, and shut her down from seeking about her experiences as an Asian American, Crystal APOLOGIZED to Sutton for making Sutton feel bad for asking “are you a girl who doesn’t see color?” Sutton did not apologize to Crystal for interrupting her, or for not letting her talk about her own experiences. As a matter or fact, Sutton kind of smirked and said “I’m sorry if my tears offended you.” Pretty much on exact par with Crystal’s “I’m sorry you were upset.”

Kyle suggested to Sutton that she apologize for how she shut Crystal down about the race issue. Sutton flatly refused. No one at all is insisting Sutton is a cold bitch for this.

The original interaction between Sutton and Crystal wasn’t about the coat, it was Sutton being rude to Crystal and then irrationally blaming her for the joke others were doing.

I’m not saying Sutton is consciously racist, I’m positive she’d believe her own denial of it. Yet she has consistently gone after Crystal for the actions of the other white women in the group. Sutton makes a point of bringing gifts to everyone’s house, always. Yet can’t be bothered to remember it’s Garcelle’s birthday celebration in the group? Again, not saying Sutton is thinking “I don’t need to bring a gift to the Black cast member.” I just think that she would have made it a point to remember any of the other cast mates birthdays. I think she has an unconscious bias for who is “important” and who she feels free to attack.

Ok. I guess. 

5 hours ago, chlban said:

am not saying it's OK for Sutton to be unhinged, I just also think that Crystal is a total bitch and her jealousy comment cemented that for me. She thinks she is special. Why would Sutton be jealous of her?  Nonsense.

I'm still scratching my head about the jealousy comment.  Why?  Crystal needs to head home and figure out how to help her daughter.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Door County Cherry said:

I think what set Sutton off is that Crystal went in with Kyle and Kathy to get a gift for Garcelle after Sutton thought she had successfully leveraged her previous relationships against Crystal.  It worked at the last dinner but clearly not to the point where Crystal was ostracized.  I think that's what Sutton wants so then Sutton can bend, be the magnanimous one and bring Crystal back into the group when she wants to.  

She can't do that when Crystal is still part of the group. 

Oh!  I think that's exactly right. 

I don't think Sutton is nearly as fragile as she's come off lately.  She didn't have any problem being rude to a pregnant Teddi - someone she didn't even know - last year.   This is manipulation - something that's probably worked for her in the past.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

People who struggle emotionally should conjur up what it is they are lacking in order to not be a burden to others. Makes sense.

Crystal included, right?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, albarino said:

I'm still scratching my head about the jealousy comment.  Why?  Crystal needs to head home and figure out how to help her daughter.  

Because she went in on a gift with Kathy and Kyle. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

You would think it's asking the impossible. What does Crystal get from being the focus of Suttons distress? I mean shit if it were me I'd be all nicey nicey just to get off of Suttons emotional radar. 

I think that’s what Sutton is used to. Folks walking on eggshells around her volatile and fragile personality to get what she wants. She apparently has no other coping skills and when her tactics don’t work, we unfortunately have to witness a 60 year old have a toddler’s temper tantrum. I am just sad for us. 😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
15 minutes ago, albarino said:

Ah, but didn't she says her daughter was just like her? She would need to recognize there is a problem to fix it and I don't thInk she does.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

If that's what she meant, wouldn't "you're just mad because we went in on a gift and you brought nothing" be more of an apt description?  I mean, just a "you're just jealous" makes it sound like the obvious  ''of me because I'm so fabulous..."

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Boo Boo said:

If that's what she meant, wouldn't "you're just mad because we went in on a gift and you brought nothing" be more of an apt description?  I mean, just a "you're just jealous" makes it sound like the obvious  ''of me because I'm so fabulous..."

I mean why would she have to spell that out? Sutton was there … for us at home? 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I had to check out my window after watching this episode for the pigs flying by because, outside of the Thomasina comment, I am really enjoying Kathy.  She breaks the tension with her humorous comments and her (shall we say) naivete.  Well done, Kathy.  (But please stop calling Sutton Thomasina).  

I guess stirring the pot runs in the family because Kyle pulled out her spoon with the question on whether Amelia was traveling with Lord Disick.  I'm pretty sure Lisa said last week that Harry wasn't too thrilled about the Hamlin, Jr./Disick hook up so unless you're trying to start something, Disick shouldn't have been brought up at all.  But of course Kyle is happy to have someone in the hot seat so long as it's not her.  

I loved how Harry told Dorit and Kyle that Lisa had done nothing to prepare for the party she planned.  Ha!  

Erika, I don't think anyone is going to feel sorry for you in your $10K a month rental.  

Sutton really had no business criticizing Crystal's leather pants (or anyone's outfit) while wearing that dress and she's way over-emotional but Crystal is a total smug asshole for someone who's only accomplishment appears to be marrying very well and spitting out two kids so I have to take Sutton's side on that count alone.

I seem to recollect Kathy was also an actress as a child, so she seems to know how to play her scenes. I think Crystal needs to bring Sutton a present. If it wasn't for this faux drama regarding Sutton seeing Crystal maximally exposed, Crystal would have minimal exposure. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Crystal belongs with Kathy and Kyle. 

I don’t think that means what you think it means.

• LOL 1
47 minutes ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

I think that’s what Sutton is used to. Folks walking on eggshells around her volatile and fragile personality to get what she wants. She apparently has no other coping skills and when her tactics don’t work, we unfortunately have to witness a 60 year old have a toddler’s temper tantrum. I am just sad for us. 😂

I guess my thing is there seems to be some serious sensationalization about how difficult it is to maneuver around Sutton in a nice way versus a mean way. I don’t choose to be mean even if I find myself dealing with a frustrating individual which I can concede Sutton seems to be on occasion. To me Crystal is a very mean person and quite deliberately so my approach to her would be that much more challenging but again my go to wouldn’t be to be mean. It seems being mean is such a casual way to handle things versus a more positive approach and I find it to be a very sad cycle all around. Oh well. 

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I mean why would she have to spell that out? Sutton was there … for us at home? 

Because someone telling you that "you're just jealous" usually means "because I'm so fabulous."

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

To state the obvious, I feel like they both (all) should drop it. And the pants wouldn’t have been remotely so offensive to me if they didn’t have those horrid pleats! 

I think Crystal would be happy to drop it. It's Sutton who keeps bringing it up. (Well, to be fair, Kathy is the one who brought it up in both this week and last week's episodes).  

Maybe once the Erika's legal troubles become more apparent they'll focus less on it. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Because someone telling you that "you're just jealous" usually means "because I'm so fabulous."

Not when she just blew a fuse not 4 min earlier at the mere mention of Crystal being part of the gift that seemed to offend her personally … like her smile immediately faded and she got defensive when it was mentioned that it was from 3 of them. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, chlban said:

Garcelle is the only woman in the franchise I would actually want to be friends with IRL. 

Yes, she seems like she can be a good listener, sympathetic, fun, remember a birthday, swap recipes with, all that stuff that is normal friendship stuff but I would also be friends with Sutton because away from the other HW's she is probably a good friend IRL plus she likes to give gifts, lol.

Many seasons ago I thought Kyle would be a good friend to have but now I know better.

• Love 8
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Not when she just blew a fuse not 4 min earlier at the mere mention of Crystal being part of the gift that seemed to offend her personally … like her smile immediately faded and she got defensive when it was mentioned that it was from 3 of them. 

But Sutton's response clearly indicates she didn't think Crystal was referring to the gift.  

Is it possible Crystal clarifies what she meant by that and we see that next episode? Sure, but at least in the moment, Sutton wasn't reacting to " you're just jealous that we all went in on a gift together" comment.  She reacted to a comment that suggested Sutton was jealous of Crystal and her fabulousness.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

We all play a role in how we interact with others. This notion that being nice is some commodity only to be given to those who are worthy really saddens me. The conflicts we are watching really doesn’t reach that level of cruelty and yet… sigh.. 

Referencing her possible need for therapy and still being aggravated by her behavior seems really odd to me. The expectations of people who are emotionally comprised continue to confuse me. 

Yes I agree we each definitely do play a role! Sutton asked Crystal to drop it and stop talking about it, and she did! It was Sutton, Kathy and Kyle that kept bringing it up after that. Those are the roles they each chose.

No one has to earn being treated nicely, but they also don't have to roll over and allow it when someone attacks, unprovoked. Faced with an attack, Crystal gets to defend herself if she chooses. Boundaries are good things!

Crystal did absolutely nothing at Rinna's house. Not a single thing, and Sutton went after her yet again, after Kathy stirred it up. Why didn't she go after Kathy?

If the situation were reversed, or two other HW's, I'd say the same things.

Oh, I'm not aggravated by Sutton at all. I don't know her, and all I know about her is what she's showing on my tv. With what she's shown this season, it seems that she may be in need of help with addressing the reason behind her heightened emotions, or at least learning some more effective coping skills when she's feeling under pressure.

4 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

But Sutton's response clearly indicates didn't think she was referring to the gift.

But she also reacted the most strongly to Crystal saying that word. That's where it pinged for me that she was jealous over the three amigas sharing a gift and her feeling left out.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
Forgot stuff. Words gud
  • Love 9
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

But Sutton's response clearly indicates didn't think she was referring to the gift.

She is clearly obviously jealous of her perception of Crystals standing in this friend group.... I think she has the image  of crystal supposed already “in” with this group of girls. She doesn’t see crystal has having to “work” to be their friends … to Sutton who feels like she’s always excluded (in her mind) from things the girls do (like the joke at the bar) she doesn’t perceive crystal has going through it and that’s not fair cause she’s the new girl to the group damn it. It’s super interesting to watch. This woman is jealous because she thinks the group likes her better and she probably thinks she’s known them longer she should be just as close has she thinks crystal is. She’s projecting her insecurities onto crystal and making her the bad one. It might not really even be about crystal really and just her fear of her position in this friend group has she sees this supposed “interloper” ( why was she in on the jokes, why was she in on the gift, Why wasn’t it me damn it?) coming in and automatically assimilating so easily that’s making her lash out at the new girl so much.

and this is all just my rambling thoughts on the topic lol 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
(edited)

I am so glad others brought up Sutton and Teddi's history. Admittedly I wasn't watching regularly (don't really watch any Housewives show regularly and really only showed up this season for the Erika drama, which they are taking forever to get to while wasting time with this nonsense) but I stumbled on either a dinner scene or the reunion. 

Either way they were discussing something related to Sutton calling Teddi boring or saying her style was boring. Whatever it was, what stood out to me was Teddi talking about how she felt, seeming a little weepy, and Sutton cold and dismissively going, "really, so you're going to fall apart and cry about my saying your clothes were ugly and you're boring..." or something to that effect. 

Point being, where was Sutton's "kindness" and "understanding" and "just say what Teddi wants to hear to make her feel better to be the better person". But this time around, Crystal has to do all these things to the shrieking harpy screaming at her AGAIN or she's the worse person in the world.

And it's really interesting all the talk of kindness and why is it so hard to be nice when it pertains to "Crystal, just kowtow and cater to Sutton's feelings". Yet in the same breath some feel so comfortable to constantly throw around the misogynistic "bitch" label at Crystal. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 22
32 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:Sutton went after her yet again, after Kathy stirred it up. Why didn't she go after Kathy?

Cause it’s because of Crystals salacious narrative that it’s such a topic for foolish fodder like Tomasina. I mean if it isn’t obvious why Sutton feels a certain kind of way about Crystal then it’s just not obvious to some. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I am so glad others brought up Sutton and Teddi's history. .Because admittedly I wasn't watching regularly (don't really watch any Housewives show regularly and really only showed up this season for the Erika drama, which they are taking forever to get to while wasting time with this nonsense) but I stumbled on either a dinner scene or the reunion. 

Either way they were discussing something related to Sutton calling Teddi boring or saying her style was boring. Whatever it was, what stood out to me was Teddi talking about how she felt, seeming a little weepy, and Sutton cold and dismissively going, "really, so you're going to fall apart and cry about my saying your clothes were ugly and you're boring..." or something to that effect. 

Point being, where was Sutton's "kindness" and "understanding" and "just say what Teddi wants to hear to make her feel better to be the better person". But this time around, Crystal has to do all these things to the shrieking harpy screaming at her AGAIN or she's the worse person in the world.

And it's really interesting all the talk of kindness and why is it so hard to be nice when it pertains to "Crystal, just kowtow and cater to Sutton's feelings". Yet in the same breath some feel so comfortable to constantly throw around the misogynistic "bitch" label at Crystal. 

Oh man, I forgot about that.  I felt sorry for Teddi.  And I didn't like Sutton.

(I still don't like her I just also don't like Crystal)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She is clearly obviously jealous of her perception of Crystals standing in this friend group.... I think she has the image  of crystal supposed already “in” with this group of girls. She doesn’t see crystal has having to “work” to be their friends … to Sutton who feels like she’s always excluded (in her mind) from things the girls do (like the joke at the bar) she doesn’t perceive crystal has going through it and that’s not fair cause she’s the new girl to the group damn it. It’s super interesting to watch. This woman is jealous because she thinks the group likes her better and she probably thinks she’s known them longer she should be just as close has she thinks crystal is. She’s projecting her insecurities onto crystal and making her the bad one. It might not really even be about crystal really and just her fear of her position in this friend group has she sees this supposed “interloper” ( why was she in on the jokes, why was she in on the gift, Why wasn’t it me damn it?) coming in and automatically assimilating so easily that’s making her lash out at the new girl so much.

LOL, but it did make me think yeah, you're right!  

I was sitting here laughing at how much time I've spent on this damn board today arguing about this!  So stupid.  Yet fun.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Cause it’s because of Crystals salacious narrative that it’s such a topic for foolish fodder like Tomasina. I mean if it isn’t obvious why Sutton feels a certain kind of way about Crystal then it’s just not obvious to some. 🤷🏻‍♀️

She felt a “certain way”. about Crystal before she walked in on her naked, so I think many of us see an equally obvious reason why she feels that way that has nothing to do with the definition of the word “violate”.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

But by that time, they'd agreed to move past it, so she should have dealt with Kathy instead, for keeping it going, and possibly told Kyle to myob when she was so insistent at the party. 

I do agree that at first, it sounded as if Crystal was embellishing the whole thing in her retellings, but after that, she and Sutton sat and talked it out and both agreed to drop it. It should've ended there. The only one keeping it alive is Sutton, and those meddling Richards women, lol.

I think our divide is that you feel that Crystal was being mean, where I saw her as reacting to what Sutton was doing toward her, after they'd agreed to drop it. I'm enjoying reading different perspectives!

These women all need to get busy with charity events, buying some ridiculously expensive stuff I can mock, and wearing fashions that no human should be seen in. Their inability to be like Elsa and Let It Go has really dragged things down over the years, with all the whatevergates!

8 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

LOL, but it did make me think yeah, you're right!  

I was sitting here laughing at how much time I've spent on this damn board today arguing about this!  So stupid.  Yet fun.

Hahaha! You and me both! I got not a thing done today because I've been having fun reading everyone's comments! I guess it's not wasted time if we're enjoying it, right?

2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Or violates her NDA. 

Can we use the word violin, or is that too close to The Word? I keep thinking of Pee Wee's Club House word of the day and laughing.

Edited by WhatAmIWatching
  • Love 4
34 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

You realize that Crystal would scorn you with a smug smile and Sutton would buy you a Louie Vuitton wallet with your name monogrammed on it. Just sayn’

• LOL 5