Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Leather Pants

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, MadLove said:

Welp I screwed that up 😂

Can anyone tell me who the blonde between Kim and Kyle is? Doesn't look like Kathy to me.

Pretty sure it’s Kathy just younger with less surgery. Her eyes look the same.

• Love 4
(edited)

Just wanted to commemorate Kathy’s shade at Rinna’s leopard print paper napkins - a very brief moment and a beautiful smirk of disapproval from Kathy! Of course Rinna took it as a compliment and started hyena laughing hysterically. She truly loves ANY attention, no matter how negative and even in response to a silent regal scolding from Queen Kathy!

BTW Kyle - it’s KATHY who is the queen of BH. Kyle claiming she is queen in the intro comes across as a child playing dress-up. Sorry girl NO. 

Edited by HelloOutThere
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Pretty sure it’s Kathy just younger with less surgery. Her eyes look the same.

Thanks...I thought it must be Kathy, but my daughter and I didn't think it looked like her. I'm sure you're right since we all know these three gals have screwed with their faces for many years now.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

I think that "article*" has her age wrong.  Crystal has said that she met her husband when she was 20.  She's 38 now.

Still a huge age difference but she wasn't a teenager. 

Ah, interesting -- she's 35 and born in 1985 according to some websites, and 38 born in 83 in others.  If she is 38 she met him when she was 20.  That's much better than 17!

It's hard to believe that she would lie *up* about her age unless meeting at 17/18 sounded too creepy.  But that would be far too easy to lie about and get busted.  Unless she's pulling a Hilaria and her age is fluid.  :)  

Thanks for correcting the record! 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

It's hard to believe that she would lie *up* about her age unless meeting at 17/18 sounded too creepy.  But that would be far too easy to lie about and get busted.  Unless she's pulling a Hilaria and her age is fluid.  :)

Pretend amnesia?

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

It's hard to believe that she would lie *up* about her age unless meeting at 17/18 sounded too creepy. 

Everything about Crystal is creepy.

It’s her smile.

• Love 3
(edited)
20 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I agree. Harry seems like a nice, grounded guy. The Hollywood stuff messed him up. He made poor choices, but now he’s exhausted. It’s easier to just accept this torture, because he has exceptional coping skills. So he cooks and gardens and travels to Canada to constructively soothe himself. I have great respect for him.

I'm not sure what this means? He's had a pretty successful career - sure, he didn't reach film superstardom, but he worked steadily in television from the 1980s on (LA Law being the most prominent, but also on Mad Men and Veronica Mars and other projects - his IMDB is pretty long). I see no evidence of him being messed up or exhausted, or having made poor choices. I think he just settled into a career of theater and television character actor, both of which are perfectly respectable career choices. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
57 minutes ago, Rorysmom said:

I thought the middle lady was Michelle Pfeiffer!

I also thought she looked like Michelle Pfeiffer, but I wasn't sure if the Richards sisters worked with her. That doesn't look like Kathy to me. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Doesn’t look like Kathy

899596CC-A3B0-4735-BDB4-949C8B40E2A3.jpeg

041B4E1E-69EF-4C80-B478-6839224EB5E9.jpeg

I'd be shocked if that were Kathy because I see no resemblance other than hair color. 

It has to be an actress who resembles Michelle Pfeiffer. I feel like I've seen this woman's face before, but I can't remember her name.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

I'd be shocked if that were Kathy because I see no resemblance other than hair color. 

It has to be an actress who resembles Michelle Pfeiffer. I feel like I've seen this woman's face before, but I can't remember her name.  

She looks very familiar but I can’t place her.  Looks a lot like Sharon Tate but obviously that is not her.

I think I figured out the quote function!  Whooo hooo!😁

• LOL 5
47 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

It has to be an actress who resembles Michelle Pfeiffer.

That's funny, because I think that person pictured looks waaay more like Kathy Hilton (though not 100%) than Michelle Pfeiffer. Michelle has a completely different face shape and much more delicate features.

I didn't see the original photo, but whoever she is, it looks like she's standing next to Leather Tuscadero!

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Cheezwiz said:

That's funny, because I think that person pictured looks waaay more like Kathy Hilton (though not 100%) than Michelle Pfeiffer. Michelle has a completely different face shape and much more delicate features.

I didn't see the original photo, but whoever she is, it looks like she's standing next to Leather Tuscadero!

Haha that is Kathy on Happy Days with Leather Tuscadero!😅

My post meant the initial photo of the blonde between Kim and Kyle did not look like Kathy.   Sorry for the confusion!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, Cheezwiz said:

That!  Was my first thought too!  Leather Tuscadero!  Suzi Quatro.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

On 7/12/2021 at 11:25 AM, MadLove said:

thumbnail_20210712_114705.thumb.jpg.9c0dd4bd819ca837e09d08ecd3911faf.jpgthumbnail_20210712_114705.thumb.jpg.9c0dd4bd819ca837e09d08ecd3911faf.jpg

27 minutes ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Haha that is Kathy on Happy Days with Leather Tuscadero!😅

My post meant the initial photo of the blonde between Kim and Kyle did not look like Kathy.   Sorry for the confusion!

Yes, we are trying to figure out who the blonde in between Kim and Kyle is in the picture posted by MADLOVE. Some people think it's Kathy, but some of us think it has to be someone else. 

ETA: Sorry mods, should probably take this to the small talk thread or somewhere else. :) I didn't realize the mystery would be so hard to solve. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 3
8 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yes, we are trying to figure out who the blonde in between Kim and Kyle is in the picture posted by MADLOVE. Some people think it's Kathy, but some of us think it has to be someone else. 

ETA: Sorry mods, should probably take this to the small talk thread or somewhere else. :) I didn't realize the mystery would be so hard to solve. 

Her face looks a lot like Kyle’s original face (nose is different, but it reminds me of throw back pictures of Kyle in her early 20s

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Her face looks a lot like Kyle’s original face (nose is different, but it reminds me of throw back pictures of Kyle in her early 20s

Ah I had totally the wrong (Happy Days) picture upthread! You know who that blond woman standing between Kyle & Kim looks like to me? I think it might be Dee Dee Pfeiffer - Michelle's sister, which would explain the strong resemblance.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Kyle was always a pretty girl, but tbh I never found her Michelle Pfeifferish. More Paris meets Demi Moore imo. 

36 minutes ago, Cheezwiz said:

Ah I had totally the wrong (Happy Days) picture upthread! You know who that blond woman standing between Kyle & Kim looks like to me? I think it might be Dee Dee Pfeiffer - Michelle's sister, which would explain the strong resemblance.

I wondered that too. 

• Love 2
On 7/7/2021 at 8:51 PM, Chicklet said:

Sutton acts like a 10 year old who can't control herself in public. Temper tantrums, angry faces, she's so fun.

I finally got the chance to watch the back half of this episode. I'm trying to muster up some sympathy for Sutton but it's hard. There's really no reason why they should still be talking about this. For her own mental health it seems like it's a really bad idea for Sutton to subject herself to being on a reality show given what a thick skin a person needs to have to be able to deal with all of the components that come with having this gig. 

On 7/7/2021 at 8:49 PM, Straycat80 said:

Sutton is such a buzzkill. She ruins every dinner and party. 

I keep coming back to this. Sutton has consistently been the killjoy in this group. How many times now are they having a good time and then Sutton has to ruin the experience?

I can hand wave a person's tendency to cry. Some people process emotions differently. That's fair enough and I can both sympathize and empathize. Where it's harder for me to sympathize with Sutton is the way she has treated Crystal throughout the season.

Sutton threw all of her anger at Crystal this episode even though Crystal didn't do anything to her. Crystal thought that they'd moved on. At the same time, Kathy can actively tease Sutton about The Incident and Sutton doesn't have anything to say to her about how she doesn't like the Thomasina stuff. 

I also find it a little frustrating that Sutton refuses to accept that Crystal has the right to feel how she felt. She's clarified multiple times now that she didn't mean violate in the sexual sense. I feel like Sutton should be able to meet her halfway instead of taking the step to imply in this episode that she must have walked in on Crystal doing something extra embarrassing otherwise Crystal wouldn't have cared about Sutton violating her privacy in the first place. I thought that just made the situation worse.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
58 minutes ago, Thumper said:

That’s Kim on the left???  Sooo pretty.  I didn’t follow her career much.

Kim was a disgustingly cute little girl and teen. I totally see why she was a big star when she was young. The camera just loved her. 

I agree with @Avaleigh about Crystal and Sutton. I think Sutton is a sweet lady, but she's so not built for Housewives. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Rewatching this before the new episode… so Sutton remembers to bring a gift of wine for the host but doesn’t bring a gift for the birthday girl? Then proceeded to have a temper tantrum and make all the girls pay attention to her after she finds out the other girls not only brought gifts but that her ‘arch nemesis’ went in on a gift with her landlord and sister BUT ITS CRYSTAL who in no way engaged Sutton at all during this whole time who is the bitch and wrong in this whole thing? ROFL it’s just so crazy especially on this rewatch. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6
(edited)

I don’t know What show everyone is watching but Crystal is the nastiest most insufferable mean girl I’ve ever seen on one of these shows. I wouldn’t want to be within 1,000 feet of someone so critical and full of hubris. She’s insanely full of herself and judgmental. She has ruined this season for me. I’m out of this franchise too. 

Edited by thesupremediva1
  • Love 3
On 7/12/2021 at 9:25 AM, MadLove said:

thumbnail_20210712_114705.thumb.jpg.9c0dd4bd819ca837e09d08ecd3911faf.jpgthumbnail_20210712_114705.thumb.jpg.9c0dd4bd819ca837e09d08ecd3911faf.jpg

I’m pretty sure that’s Kathy Hilton with a lot of makeup, and distorted by the 1970s (early 80s?) version of photoshop. It doesn’t look like her at first glance but I think I can see a shadow of her under the heavy eye shadow, weird lighting, and whatever photo manipulation was done. Kyle, while still clearly her, looks different than she normally does too. Even Kim looks somewhat off though I think she looks the most like herself of the three. 

• Love 1

I think the person in the picture with Kim and Kyle is maybe Robin Greer.  She was a small time actress at one point who was friends with Nicole Brown Simpson and the group that she hung out with, so there's a high chance she would have met the Richards sisters through someone like Faye Resnick or Kris Jenner.  Here's a pic of Robin.

Fun Fact: Robin Greer and her sister Liza were contributors to the book You'll Never Make Love in This Town Again, about Hollywood sex workers in the 70s, 80s and 90s.  It's an extremely juicy read!

robin greer.jpg

• Useful 5
On 7/10/2021 at 8:11 PM, Kdawg82 said:

Does Rinna always wear the same one leopard dress that's flattering on her or is it a series of leopard dresses? Every flashback & the current dinner party had her in a leopard gown. I guess stick with what works?

You're asking this about a woman who had the same quirky hairdo for decades?!?!

On 7/11/2021 at 9:15 AM, Boo Boo said:

From there, the two talked about "everything from our dream places to travel to family life," Crystal told the publication. Rob took her to the Finding Nemo premiere after that.

On 7/11/2021 at 10:37 PM, Door County Cherry said:

I think that "article*" has her age wrong.  Crystal has said that she met her husband when she was 20.  She's 38 now.

Still a huge age difference but she wasn't a teenager. 

But he did take her to a cartoon on their first date.

On 7/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, truthaboutluv said:

I had a co-worker I barely worked with tell a manager that she felt I was a bit cold and dismissive in my emails. Why, because they were direct and to the point of the reason I was sending the email.

As opposed to starting them off with, "how are your kids and how's the weather over there, etc."

Heh.  Whenever I compose a purposeful email to someone who's not a friend, I have learned to have Mr. Outlier come in and put nice stuff at the beginning and the end.

On 7/9/2021 at 12:56 PM, truthaboutluv said:

I don't do mundane and small talk is akin to torture for me. Because in actuality I'm deeply introverted and more than anything desire quiet and calm. I hate confrontations and arguments and in heated moments, I do the shut down and give you the blank stare. And I don't care for histrionic personalities.

And consequently, I assume you (like me) would steer very clear of going on any iteration of the Real Housewives.  It might not be a popular opinion in these days of inclusivity, but sometimes a person is just not a match for a certain activity.  And if Crystal is going to react poorly to confrontations and arguments and histrionic personalities, she has no business being anywhere near this show.  She probably shouldn't even watch it.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:06 AM, Persnickety1 said:

I think, plain and simple, she totally forgot Garcelle's birthday and was embarrassed.  And the irony in that her tag line for this season refers to her impeccable manners 😂

Why she didn't just call one of her boutique employees, tell them what item she wanted to give Garcelle, and have them wrap it and courier it over to the Hamlins' is a mystery to me.  "Your gift is en route" is a much better way to handle her faux pas than deflecting onto Crystal yet again. 

I am opposed to the entire gift giving industrial complex, and even I felt embarrassed for Sutton.  I wish she'd have just said, "Oh, shit! How did I forget it's your birthday?  I'm such an asshole."  And then everybody could come comfort her and tell her she's not an asshole.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 7/13/2021 at 6:08 PM, JonnieUniteUs said:

Doesn’t look like Kathy

899596CC-A3B0-4735-BDB4-949C8B40E2A3.jpeg

041B4E1E-69EF-4C80-B478-6839224EB5E9.jpeg

Kim is the only one who was naturally attractive. Kathy and Kyle's created their's via surgery. Although I'm sure Kim has had work done over the years as well.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Kim is the only one who was naturally attractive. Kathy and Kyle's created their's via surgery. Although I'm sure Kim has had work done over the years as well.

Gotta say, growing up I thought Kyle was amazingly pretty - we're around the same age and from the first time she showed up on LHotP I thought she was really pretty--and still think so!

• Love 4

I mean, all of three of them were "naturally attractive." None of them were unattractive young women.  (Obviously they've all had work done as they've aged but I don't think by any stretch of the imagination, anyone could have said that Kathy or Kyle were unattractive). 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I mean, all of three of them were "naturally attractive." None of them were unattractive young women.  (Obviously they've all had work done as they've aged but I don't think by any stretch of the imagination, anyone could have said that Kathy or Kyle were unattractive). 

I ditto that Kim was the most naturally pretty, but I think all three sisters were pretty girls. Even if you don't like them, they're a good-looking family, kinda look like a soap family. 

• Love 4