Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: Robyn the Peacemaker

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Mariah and Audrey are in town and share an exciting announcement with the family; Robyn tries to help Kody patch things up with Meri after their big fight on the property, but Kody pushes back and doesn't seem interested in fixing things.

Airs: February 28, 2021

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Kody retweeting that someone was enjoying the angrier version of him - means that this angrier version is a purposeful plot line. I already thought he was an a$$ and I'm not sure why he felt the need to a$$ it up this season but whatever. It's working. I hate him more. I think the stuff he says about Meri is cruel. I don't care that she is whiny and selfish and annoying as well. He dumps her over and over again and that's just mean. I can only hope she's in on the whole thing and really they are just there for the show. 

• Love 24
18 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I've watched every episode and I STILL don't understand the drama with the trees...

Meri said she was undecided about which plot of land she wanted and it was a misunderstanding between them.  But, interestingly, Kody said that the concern is if she is deeded the plot w/the trees and the lake/pond, she will block access to the lake/pond from the rest of them.  If she is the sole deeded owner of that property, then legally she could.  So he tried to give her the plot that has trees and is closer to the road.  I’m assuming he didn’t tell her this at the time so he could avoid conflict. But it was in this show so maybe all is resolved now?  It was somewhere mid-episode and they highlighted the plots so we could see what he was talking about. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Meri said she was undecided about which plot of land she wanted and it was a misunderstanding between them.  But, interestingly, Kody said that the concern is if she is deeded the plot w/the trees and the lake/pond, she will block access to the lake/pond from the rest of them.  If she is the sole deeded owner of that property, then legally she could.  So he tried to give her the plot that has trees and is closer to the road.  I’m assuming he didn’t tell her this at the time so he could avoid conflict. But it was in this show so maybe all is resolved now?  It was somewhere mid-episode and they highlighted the plots so we could see what he was talking about. 

Thank you. I probably blocked that out. Sometimes the incessant arguing and complaining lulls me into a short nap. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

If I recall, when this first came up it was discussed here.  While they lived in LeHigh, Mary wouldn't let the children go through her apartment to get get from Janelle's to Christine's.  So they had to go outside.  In the snow.  And the rain.  So everyone with a memory thinks she will do that again.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Other than the Mariah and  Audrey segment where they announced that they are moving to Utah this entire show was a repeat of last year's argument over where Kody decided to put each wife's house on the Coyote Pass property. Oh except that he did admit that they don't have the cash to build. Gee Kody wonder what happened to all of the cash that came in from the sale of the Vegas home?  Maybe it was pissed away because you morons are paying a mortgage on the vacant land, a giant mortgage on a home for Robyn and a mortgage on Christine's home and rent for Meri's and Janelle's houses.  

Let alone the costs to keep all the Vegas houses until they sold.  Robyn's and Meri's didn't go up on the market for 6 months, they had to put up the walls between all of them and paying the mortgages and utility etc expenses until they all sold.  That had to leach a huge amount of Kody's estimated "millions" to be made from the sales. Then he sits pouting in the corner when the wives are asking when do we start (still no damn survey has been done yet) and has the audacity to say "they didn't make US as much money as WE thought..." Really? WE? It was him through and through. 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Everybody, including Robyn, complain that they don't see Kody often enough.  Where is he?  What is this job of his?  Has he found a place to hang around on his own?  I have a feeling he's avoiding his families and hanging out with some guy friends somewhere...probably a shooting range or a new pawnshop like the one in St. George.

That was just another futile attempt to gain audience support by Robyn.  The other wives are not confused by her "Me Too ism", they know very well where he is spending his time, snuggled comfortably in Robyn's nest.

• Love 18

Kody is probably bangin' some young chick down at the No Tell Motel off Route 66.

Robyn is an idiot and a liar. Why is Meri so indecisive about her plot, it seems this is her M.O that she can never make up her mind or that she is stalling. I was kinda laughing at the fact that they were pushing to get something, anything built and Kody flat out told them they were broke.  None of them want to be within a 100 yards of each other, just sell the land. I could see in the background that there are developments going up, so I doubt this is going to be the peaceful plague pond they thought it would be.

• Love 16

Kody distinctly said in this episode they have 7 lots in Flagstaff.  He said "WE BOUGHT THE TWO EXTRA LOTS TO BUILD HOUSES FOR OUR KIDS" or to use as rentals.  He said he wants to start building all 7 houses at the same time.  So they have the original 4 lots they bought in 2018, then he bought 2 more at some point?  I wonder if they are next to the original 4 lots on Coyote Pass.  I'm guessing the 7th lot he refers to is the empty lot that adjoins his and Robyn's new house that he bought at the same time as the house.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

Kody distinctly said in this episode they have 7 lots in Flagstaff.  He said "WE BOUGHT THE TWO EXTRA LOTS TO BUILD HOUSES FOR OUR KIDS" or to use as rentals.   

I caught that too when he said that they have 7 lots and wondered if he intends to sever the Plains of Plague parcel into 7 separate lots, some of them are distinctly larger than others. 

I recall him saying when Christine bought her house in Flagstaff that it would be a good move as they could retain it as a guest house for when the other kids came to visit.  He has delusions of grandeur and it's all academic anyhow, I don't think they will ever build on the "pond" lots.   I can see them selling the Coyote Pass property at a possible profit and building on the lot adjoining Robyn's to accommodate any wives that choose to remain in this sham of a marriage. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
40 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I caught that too when he said that they have 7 lots and wondered if he intends to sever the Plains of Plague parcel into 7 separate lots, some of them are distinctly larger than others. 

I recall him saying when Christine bought her house in Flagstaff that it would be a good move as they could retain it as a guest house for when the other kids came to visit.  He has delusions of grandeur and it's all academic anyhow, I don't think they will ever build on the "pond" lots.   I can see them selling the Coyote Pass property at a possible profit and building on the lot adjoining Robyn's to accommodate any wives that choose to remain in this sham of a marriage. 

the thing is, if they weren't so foolish with money they could actually achieve some real estate plans.  They had an opportunity that none of us has had, a popular reality show.  I have the feeling that as soon as money comes in money goes right back out.  

• Love 14

Mary uses her indecisiveness as her only form of power in this whacked out relationship. "I don't know - I can't decide - I love trees but I don't want to live in trees..." This is the only power and control she has.

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
4 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Mary uses her indecisiveness as her only form of power in this whacked out relationship. "I don't know - I can't decide - I love trees but I don't want to live in trees..." This is the only power and control she has.

Meri has the power to walk away from this situation and if she was the Strong Woman she pretends to be, she would.  Kody has made it clear he doesn't love her, and the chance of him falling back in love with her is slim to none, Janelle and Christine merely tolerate her, and Robyn likes to keep her around to build her own cred as the perfect, polygamous, peacemaker.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Yes, very good recap of the whole problem that is Kody.  Also, what about the nonsense Sobbyn spewed at the end about how monogamist women are in competition with each other but polygamist women have each other's best interests in mind!  THE HELL??   Apparently this woman has never had a BFF.   Actually, if you are married but some other woman can decide she also wants to be married to your husband, strikes me THAT would be a more competitive situation....unless you're a doormat, so not ruling that out.  

Yeah, I’ve noticed that polygamist wives don’t exhibit any jealousy or resentment or competitiveness AT ALL. There’s a reason they have to be TAUGHT to “keep sweet” and get therapy because they’re beating themselves for having human reactions to sharing one dick (and I mean that in both senses of the word).

it’s really pretty sad that she’s been brainwashed to think that “monogamist culture” is all about competition between women. It’s sad they don’t understand that friends give you all the support you need and more, and probably won’t sleep with your husband.

I don’t view Robyn as the villain that other do, but she seems amazingly hostile toward monogamists, which is weird since that’s now she grew up. Maybe she had a messed up family and worldview, and assumes everyone is like that.

also, another note to Kody: spouses are supposed to be able to share their emotions with their partner. Stop making Meri feel like a freak! You are awful. 

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

It was nice to hear Robyn say that she loves Meri.  

"But not in a sexual way."

Why did Robyn say that?  I damn near did a spit-take with my coffee.  What is wrong with that woman?  (rhetorical question, of course.  I'm sure many of us could write a dissertation on what's wrong with her).   

Also, how many times did Christine "joke" about moving back to Utah in this ep?  She desperately wants to go, and she should.  Screw Kody and his faux "where we go one" bull.  Once Mykelti has that baby, she's going to be miserable living so far away simply because Kody can't bear to shatter the "happy family" façade by letting Christine move away, even if he has no use for her anymore.  And until I see it with my own eyes, I don't think she's got the backbone to up and leave....yet.  But I do think it's coming.

• Love 22
8 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Meri has the power to walk away from this situation and if she was the Strong Woman she pretends to be, she would.  Kody has made it clear he doesn't love her, and the chance of him falling back in love with her is slim to none, Janelle and Christine merely tolerate her, and Robyn likes to keep her around to build her own cred as the perfect, polygamous, peacemaker.

Oh yeah. They stay because they all continue to get something out of it...when they aren't receiving whatever currency this is providing them at the moment, they'll make other choices. 

• Love 9

I want to point out that it was Janelle that first brought up everyone needing access the poopond. Interested to see if Kody would name her. Christine probably doesn't gaf. I doubt Robyn cares, she was disgusted by the infamous pond plunge. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

It was nice to hear Robyn say that she loves Meri.  And so, she should.  After all, had it not been for her, she would still probably be a single mother living in a heat less trailer.  But thanks to Meri’s selflessness, she now has a million-dollar home and her husband. 

Robyn exploited Meri's selfishness.  Meri wanted another sister wife to even the match against Christine and Janelle, or to please Kody.  Meri probably never imagined that she'd be overthrown as No. 1 wife.  

• Love 19

and Christine, I hope you keep thinking about the good points you recognize in Mariah and Audrey’s relationship. All of them are lacking in your own “marriage.”

On the one hand, I agree. On the other hand, Mariah and Audrey are just horrid. Not at all because they're gay, but because Mariah is fake woke and a mini-Meri in the making. But you are correct that their relationship and future marriage are already miles ahead of Christine and Kody's relationship. If only the bar weren't set so low.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

It shouldn't blow my mind as much as it does but Kody's victim routine REALLY blows my mind. Dude, YOU made the mess that you are in. YOU.

His narcissism knows no bounds.

And how do these women keep straight faces when Kurly starts talking about real estate values?  His excuse for leaving Las Vegas was that this was the right time to sell to get top dollar for their houses.  He goes jackassing around buying houses and land as if there won't be any houses or land available later, when he gets his finances in order (like that's going to happen).  He has no idea of how to gauge the market, how to make smart RE investments, and he has some weird obsession with buying enormous houses, much bigger than any part of his family needs.

TLC bucks aside, it's clearly time for this bunch to pack it in and go their separate ways.  Kurly doesn't care about any of them except Robbin', so he could stay with her (they are, after all, married); Meri could move to the B&B with her mother and find love onlline; Christine could move back to Utah to be closer to children/grandchildren; Janelle could move to a more urban environment and open a business.

Kurly is tired of these women, and they all hate their lives.  If Kurly were just with Robbin', the only thing I think he might miss about the polygamous lifestyle would be contact with his children.  So, ironically, just like many monogamous marriages, they stay together "for the sake of the kids."

• Love 19

Absent extraordinary circumstances, like home values skyrocket in one place, no one  makes a windfall if, you only stay a couple of years and carry a big mortgage. The first few years you are paying lots of interest and have little equity, plus associated moving and closing costs eat into any profit you make. Kootie is klueless

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

This group of husband and sister wives hate each other.  The reality show and the money that followed broke apart any semblance of family.

I cannot stand Meri more than all the others.  Trying to negotiate anything with her would be miserable.

Right now they only stay and battle it out for the show and money!  I hope these ladies have money stashed away somewhere because that rainy day is certainly coming!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

the thing is, if they weren't so foolish with money they could actually achieve some real estate plans.  They had an opportunity that none of us has had, a popular reality show.  I have the feeling that as soon as money comes in money goes right back out.  

They can't make, much less achieve, any plans, because they're dumb, and they're relying on Kody, who can't even form an idea, according to Robyn.  But, Janelle apologizes that Kody's "being spread so thin with so much responsibility, so much on his plate." 

Robyn: Kody's really good at the starting part of an idea.  He puts so much energy into that, but sometimes he starts getting a little bit exhausted towards the end of it.

Janelle:  The execution, though, is sometimes is a little bit where he gets lost.

Kody: I can be a finisher.  Yes, I do finish.  But there's a lot of projects I start and there's just never the time to make it. . . to finish it out.

Christine: I'm really good at starting projects.  Not so good at finishing, because then it loses its interesting factor.

Janelle: I definitely don't see myself as a visionary.  I'm the worker bee who makes something happen.  

Meri: Once the idea is kinda formulated, I'm like, "OK.  Let's go for it."

Robyn: I think I'm a finisher. So it's probably good that I'm the fourth wife, because I finish.  Snort.  Giggle.  Giggle.

So, Kody might have a notion, which Meri endorses.  Christine starts, then Janelle tags along.  Robyn gets the final say.  Yet, they're all awful in their designated roles.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Kody distinctly said in this episode they have 7 lots in Flagstaff.  He said "WE BOUGHT THE TWO EXTRA LOTS TO BUILD HOUSES FOR OUR KIDS" or to use as rentals.  He said he wants to start building all 7 houses at the same time.  So they have the original 4 lots they bought in 2018, then he bought 2 more at some point? 

I have been mulling this over, and seeing it in writing made it clear - if they bought two extra lots, that means they intended to buy 5 lots...to build 4 houses on? Or 5 houses? Because there are 4 wives, each with one house, that would be 4 lots. Why plan to buy 5? And then buy 7? Was the plan that Kody would have a house of his own, so they wanted 5 lots?

And why are they trying to figure out where to put the houses if they haven't had a survey done and don't seem to know where the property lines are? Maybe it's different in rural Arizona, but in my city if you are building there are restrictions on how close to the property line you can build. I'm so confused.

And Robyn's comment about monogamist women being in competition with each other? I'm monogamist, my friends are all monogamist, and we have each other's backs, end of story. What a stupid generalization.

And if Kody is so miserable being married to Meri, why not divorce her? Does he REALLY want to spend all of eternity with her? Shouldn't he want to find some way out of that, as he plainly loathes her?

Kody's devotion to his kids...he's devoted to them when they are little, think he's the best, and don't question him. He likes being adored - by his kids, and by his wives. He is not a happy guy when he isn't being adored.

I'm waiting to hear that they're going to move to Utah. I think it's in the cards.

• Love 18

Here's the thing:

You know what would make a great story line?

The entire bunch of them abandoning polygamy and going their separate ways.  Unwinding the Gordian Knot they've made of their lives would be far more interesting and satisfactory than watching yet one more argument about Coyote Pass.  

Kody needs to sell that land to someone willing to put the time and the money into developing it, distribute the proceeds to the four families and leave town, never to be seen again.

This is stuff and nonsense.  They hate each other.  Move on.

1 minute ago, Pingaponga said:

What a stupid generalization.

Not a stupid one.  Just an ignorant one.  She has no idea about monogamy and no one should take her word for anything with respect to monogamy.

• Love 16

Something I've been wondering about is whether Kurly and the Gang of Four can re-divide the land they bought in Plaguetown?  I know they bought separate lots, but since the lots are contiguous, couldn't that count as one big lot?  It could be surveyed and made into four properties, all with access to the lake, even if the access were a narrow strip of land squeezed between two other properties?

When they were ready to sell--as of course they will--resurvey and remove the access routes.

Alternatively, could not Meri, if she's put on the lake lot, sign an affidavit that she will not block access to the lake for any of her sisterwives?

And finally, about Robbin's martyrdom in the matter of lots, I remember back when they first started to choose lots and Meri was unsure (of course; holding up everyone's progress while she makes up her mind is a great exercise of power), Robbin' said she would be happy with whatever lot was left.  Beauty of a ploy to more firmly lash Kurly to her ass.

• Love 9

I don’t think they have enough free cash to build even a tiny house. 
Kody  is no longer able to spin himself as a successful husband , father or businessman. He is so freaking angry with his death glare eyes and imagined victim hood that he is becoming scary. I think there are very few people in his family that respect him.

• Love 22
15 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Something I've been wondering about is whether Kurly and the Gang of Four can re-divide the land they bought in Plaguetown?  I know they bought separate lots, but since the lots are contiguous, couldn't that count as one big lot?  It could be surveyed and made into four properties, all with access to the lake, even if the access were a narrow strip of land squeezed between two other properties?

When they were ready to sell--as of course they will--resurvey and remove the access routes.

Alternatively, could not Meri, if she's put on the lake lot, sign an affidavit that she will not block access to the lake for any of her sisterwives?

And finally, about Robbin's martyrdom in the matter of lots, I remember back when they first started to choose lots and Meri was unsure (of course; holding up everyone's progress while she makes up her mind is a great exercise of power), Robbin' said she would be happy with whatever lot was left.  Beauty of a ploy to more firmly lash Kurly to her ass.

I think the only wife that really cares where her lot is, is Meri.  I don't think the rest really care.  I believe Robyn and Christine have their houses right where they want them, right now.  They don't want to see each other, or any of the other wives.  

Just like the one house idea.  Janelle was the only one that was somewhat open to the sharing one home.  While Christine was the only vocal NO, neither Meri or Robyn wanted to share either, they just didn't voice that opinion, because Christine did it for them.  Plus, not really sure if Janelle was up for it, because she knew it would never happen.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

"But not in a sexual way."

Why did Robyn say that?  I damn near did a spit-take with my coffee.  What is wrong with that woman?  (rhetorical question, of course.  I'm sure many of us could write a dissertation on what's wrong with her).   

She said it after the visit to Prairie Dog Plague Flats, where they had two other homophobic exchanges.  

Walking to their land, Robyn said, "Let's all kiss and make up right here."  Meri replied, "Not all together, please Robyn.  That would be weird."  Robyn then asked, "Oh?  That's too weird, Meri?"  As @sheshark pointed out in the live chat, they were all out of breath, walking up a slight hill.

At the end of their visit, Robyn makes Meri hold her hand and then makes Kody hold Meri's hand.  Meri whines, "This is weird.  Robyn said, "No.  It's not."  Meri recovers and says, "Kody should be in the center."  Robyn replied, "No.  No.  We're good."

Even though Kody and Meri are parents of a gay daughter, and act excited that they're shopping for venues for her monogamous wedding in next week's previews, I don't believe that they actually accept her.  And, Meri's reactions to Robyn's remarks prompted Robyn to clarify that she doesn't have erotic love for Meri - only sister wife love, the most beautiful, selfless love ever imagined, in her delusional world.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7